Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Storaksjonær: Massimo Cellino 5/4-14  (Lest 1431643 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 4 gjester leser dette emnet.

Annesj

Sv: Ny hovedaksjonær: Massimo Cellino 5/4-14
« Svar #2460 på: Mai 07, 2014, 10:21:12 »
Lover ikke bra dette. Men som forventa  ::)
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Jon R

« Svar #2461 på: Mai 07, 2014, 10:34:28 »
Det er greit å spille gittar, men fy f.... ::)

(fikk ikke åpnet linken)
Jon R.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #2462 på: Mai 07, 2014, 11:00:23 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-mac-and-squad-are-waiting-for-cellino-1-6601134

Håpløst Cellino!  ::)

auren
Hva er så håpløst? Cellino er ingen drømme eier, men det var det som kom rekende på ei fjøl før GFH hadde kastet oss til ulvene....
Synes ikke det er rart at Celino drøyer med dette. Vi må huske på at det er hans penger det er snakk om, i all hovedsak. Er vel ikke så rart at dette er litt hjerneaktivitet før man treffer noen beslutninger...?

Jon R

« Svar #2463 på: Mai 07, 2014, 11:34:56 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-mac-and-squad-are-waiting-for-cellino-1-6601134

auren
Hva er så håpløst? Cellino er ingen drømme eier, men det var det som kom rekende på ei fjøl før GFH hadde kastet oss til ulvene....
Synes ikke det er rart at Celino drøyer med dette. Vi må huske på at det er hans penger det er snakk om, i all hovedsak. Er vel ikke så rart at dette er litt hjerneaktivitet før man treffer noen beslutninger...?

Det er masse økonomisk rot å rydde opp i her, i tillegg til alt annet rot i klubben. Det er bare å forvente at dette vil ta tid. 

Håper ikke MC har tatt seg vann over hodet, og at han evner å prioritere ting i fornuftig rekkefølge....
Jon R.

B_Ød

« Svar #2464 på: Mai 07, 2014, 11:44:52 »
Bør vel la "gitar-helten" få puste litt, jeg hadde ikke forventet at kabalen var klar idag..eller i går.
Ups & Ups!!

Sølvreven

« Svar #2465 på: Mai 07, 2014, 11:45:36 »
Jeg synes det er greit at vi gjør oss ferdig med denne sesongen først. Han har en lang sommer å rydde opp i ting før det braker løs igjen.

Leedsoholic. Oppfinneren av "pretting".

Leedsfan

« Svar #2466 på: Mai 07, 2014, 12:14:13 »

auren

Først var man redd for at han skulle vært for utålmodig og ta forhastede avgjørelser, og nå klager man på det motsatte. Shocking!

I intervjuet med Pope så sa han at han skulle snakke med McD om 7-10 dager, ville at alt skulle roe seg ned. Angående spillere så har jo de agenter som jobber 24 timer i døgnet mens de kan nyte livet i Ibiza!

I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2467 på: Mai 07, 2014, 13:09:38 »
SKULLE IKKE HAIGH GI DISSE PENGENE TIL FANSEN?

Leeds have just five weeks to kill off Haigh company’s winding-up order

LEEDS United owner Massimo Cellino has less than five weeks to kill off a winding-up petition served on the club by David Haigh’s Sport Capital company.

A judge in London is due to consider the petition and rule on Sport Capital’s claim against Leeds at a hearing on June 9.

Sport Capital – a firm for which Haigh, United’s former managing director, is listed as the sole director – called in a loan of almost £1m around the time of Cellino’s takeover last month.

A statutory demand for more than £957,000 gave Leeds and their Italian owner 21 days to repay the debt, a deadline which United failed to meet.

The club were then served with a winding-up petition 24 hours before their 3-1 win at Birmingham City on April 26.

The six-figure claim places further financial pressure on Cellino, who took control of a 75 per cent stake in United a month ago and has fought to address the legacy of loans and debts created by previous owner Gulf Finance House.

According to Leeds’ most recent financial accounts, loans totalling close to £1.8m were paid to the club by Sport Capital in November after GFH – the Bahraini investment bank which bought United from Ken Bates in December 2012 – agreed to sell a controlling share to the UK-based company.

Sport Capital’s proposed takeover collapsed after Christmas, clearing the way for Cagliari president Cellino to push through his own deal with GFH.

Cellino’s buy-out survived an attempt by the Football League to disqualify him from owning an English club and he completed his takeover on April 7, four days after Sport Capital made its statutory demand for repayment.

The 57-year-old has faced pressing financial issues from the outset at Elland Road, settling a tax bill of more than £500,000 in his first week as owner and paying wages deferred by United’s players and coaching staff at the end of March.

Leeds are known to have faced two winding-up petitions since the turn of the year, one from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs and another from shirt sponsor Enterprise Insurance.

Both were successfully dealt with by Cellino.

He will now attempt to prevent Leeds from being hit by a winding-up order at the Royal Courts of Justice in London next month by meeting Sport Capital’s bill.

The amount covered by the winding-up petition falls well short of the £1.775m noted in the club’s accounts, with part of the Sport Capital loan believed to be owed to Haigh personally rather than the company itself.

Haigh was a key figure behind GFH’s purchase of Leeds in 2012 and became managing director of the club last July.

His attempt to take control of United under the Sport Capital banner - a group which included Enterprise Insurance managing director Andrew Flowers - ended in failure midway through January. Despite Flowers’ close link to that takeover bid, he is not involved with Sport Capital’s winding-up petition.

Haigh went on to secure the position of Leeds chief executive as part of the deal to sell the club to Cellino but resigned before he could officially take up the post amid comments from Cellino indicating that he planned to sack the 36-year-old.

In his resignation statement, Haigh claimed that some of Sport Capital’s loans would be converted into club shares and then be handed over to supporters of United.

Cellino, meanwhile, is at the start of a crucial summer with major changes to personnel at Elland Road and Thorp Arch expected to follow a Championship season in which Leeds finished 15th.

He owner spoke of the financial strain at United last week, saying: “Our overheads are still too high for a Championship club. Some of them are more like Champions League than Championship.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/leeds-have-just-five-weeks-to-kill-off-haigh-company-s-winding-up-order-1-6601266
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2468 på: Mai 07, 2014, 13:12:53 »
Nå er det vel sånn at GFH Capital må spytte inn med 25% hver gang Cellino må "redde" klubben fra administrasjon! De pengene har han vel foreløpig.

Men.....

Klubben må raskt minimere gjeld- og leieutgifter, i tillegg til å kvitte seg med en drøss med daudkjøtt!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2469 på: Mai 07, 2014, 13:28:38 »
Skulle hatt egen tråd denne Haigh, og han tilkjemper seg drittsekkstempelet med stor iver:

Dramatic fall from grace as Haigh threatens Leeds

07/05/2014

When David haigh first appeared on the scene as the face of GFH-C, it seemed Leeds United finally had an owner to be proud of.  After years of Ken Bates shaking his fist at the camera and providing embarrassing, and sometimes illegal soundbites, the sharp suited, always smiling, locally rooted Haigh was quickly and affectionately nicknamed 'Beeston Dave'.

Scepticism existed in some quarters - Beeston Dave pretty much F***ed into the mould vacated by Peter Ridsdale a decade earlier, and we all know how that turned out, but generally speak, David Haigh was professional, articulate and connected well with the fans.

His tenure started well, and when GFH-C ran into money worries, Haigh was the man to sort it, mounting a bid together with Andrew Flowers to buy the club.  He even secured funding to pump into Leeds to pay the bills and keep us solvent.

A few alarm bells started to ring when the Flowers bid faltered and Haigh jumped in with Cellino in the blink of an eye, and even appeared to be entertaining Mike Farnan for a while.  Haigh seemed intent on dumping anyone that was no use to him.  Around the same time, the wheels didn't start to fall off the Haigh PR machine - it was up on bricks and none existent.

Still Haigh persevered, and the Cellino buy-out had Haigh firmly in the frame as CEO in the post GFH-C world.  An important part of his willingness to negotiate with Cellino perhaps?

But Cellino was having none of it, and with virtually his first action, he dismissed with Haighs services and Beeston Dave left Leeds.

Roll forward a few weeks, and David Haigh and the company he formed to lend Leeds United the money to survive, has now served a statutory demand for £957,000, which Leeds have yet to pay, and a winding up order, scheduled to be heard in the High Court on 9th June 2014.  The very man who proclaimed he was helping the club by securing funds, is now using those same funds to try to close the club down.

Cellino is quiet on the matter.  He has already seen off demands for payment from Andrew Flowers and HMRC, and paid the outstanding wage bill, but his response to the latest demand is unknown.  Questioning the validity of the debt is likely to be one reason that it hasn't simply been paid as Cellino unpicks the web of debt and strange accounting left behind by GFH-C.

But for Beeston Dave, the man who appeared to be a calm, professional and passionate Director, with Leeds at his heart, has completed his downfall, and will simply be remembered as yet another individual who tried to use Leeds United to line his own pockets and personal interest.

http://www.unofficiallufc.co.uk/1/post/2014/05/dramatic-fall-from-grace-as-haigh-threatens-leeds.html
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #2470 på: Mai 07, 2014, 15:51:15 »
Ikke så rart at Haigh vil ha pengene sine tilbake vel?  Dette var penger han skaffet til veie for å bøte på de store cash flow problemene som Ken Bates la grunnlaget for i 2012.  

Heller ikke Cellino "gav bort" penger til Leeds da han dekket løpende utgifter fra februar frem til han formelt tok over som eier. Hvis jeg husker rett var dette "livreddende" lån til klubben, hvor det lå en avtale om tilbakebetaling av hele summen + 10 % dersom han ble fratatt muligheten til å ta over klubben. Ville vært urimelig om Haigh da skulle dekke dette fra egen lomme, uansett om han er en dritt eller ikke. Spørsmålet bør i så fall koke ned til hva slags avtale som ble gjort på det tidspunktet pengene ble skaffet til veie og om Haigh faktisk har en juridisk rett til disse pengene..

Burde uansett ikke komme som en overraskelse på noen dette kravet...
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #2471 på: Mai 07, 2014, 15:59:19 »
Jeg lurer på hva de har brukt pengene på? Har de lånt pengene til klubben og så brukt de på seg selv, og nå forventer de/Haigh å få de betalt tilbake. For et salig rot.

Vi får se hva som skjer, men tror vi skal være glad Cellino kom. Jeg kan ikke se at noen andre ville tatt over dette dyre rotet..
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Jon R

« Svar #2472 på: Mai 07, 2014, 16:41:23 »
Jeg lurer på hva de har brukt pengene på? Har de lånt pengene til klubben og så brukt de på seg selv, og nå forventer de/Haigh å få de betalt tilbake. For et salig rot.

Vi får se hva som skjer, men tror vi skal være glad Cellino kom. Jeg kan ikke se at noen andre ville tatt over dette dyre rotet..

Pengene har vel gått til lønninger, "drift", leie etc....?
Jon R.

sportcarl1

« Svar #2473 på: Mai 07, 2014, 17:39:36 »
Var det inte denna Haigh som för en månad sedan när han fick sparken av Cellino skulle efterlämnat det han lånat ut till LU till fansen i form av aktier.

Leedsfan

« Svar #2474 på: Mai 07, 2014, 18:19:06 »

Pengene har vel gått til lønninger, "drift", leie etc....?

Jeg regner med at pengene har gått til "utgifter", lurer bare på hva slags utgifter..:)

RoarG

"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Jon R

« Svar #2476 på: Mai 08, 2014, 10:15:46 »
Håper det er de rette hodene som ruller.  :P
Jon R.

RoarG

"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Annesj

« Svar #2478 på: Mai 12, 2014, 09:39:00 »
Dette er bra. Endelig noen som tar grep  :)
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

BatesOUT

« Svar #2479 på: Mai 12, 2014, 12:58:41 »

Har mistet oversikten for lengst... ??? Jeg venter til seriestart med å konkludere hvordan dette gikk. Hvem er igjen, hvem kommer inn og hvem skal være tur-guide for denne troppen?
Min første Leedskamp:
5.August 1992 mot godset.
Fikk navnetrekket til Cantona på Leedsdrakta og møtte Thor Eggen i bua:-) 9 år gammel, happy times...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2480 på: Mai 13, 2014, 18:38:52 »
Leeds United's Financial Problems Continue

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino continues to oversee operating expenditure of £100,000-per day it has emerged following a meeting with the supporters trust as damaging details regarding the clubs finances continue to surface.

The Italian owner has pledged to cut costs including the club's wage bill this summer following Gulf Finance House Capital's haphazard reign as owners of the west Yorkshire club.

After being hit by a winding-up petition by Sport Capital, a company with which former managing director David Haigh is associated with, Leeds supporters trust met with Cellino on Monday to discuss the club's future only to be hit with troubling reports concerning the financial situation.

"Mr. Cellino pulled no punches when he explained to us that he had taken on huge debts from the GFHc era and an operating deficit of alarming proportions," a LUST statement said.

"Firstly, Mr Cellino told us the club is spending well over £100,000 a day on operating. Secondly, he informed us that the upcoming season ticket sales had been mortgaged prior to his arrival, but since taking over he had settled the loan in question.

"Mr Cellino told us he had been working hard on analysing the situation and that he had plans to restructure the club from all angles, looking at costs and methods, with a view to improving the club's financial performance and viability. He also stated he was committed to doing so while investing sensibly in improving the quality of the squad."

Cellino has targeted winning promotion to the Premier League in time for the 2015/16 campaign however must overhaul a squad which finished 15th under Brian McDermott, 15 points adrift of the play-off places.

With Cellino hopeful of adding to the squad in order to achieve a return to the top flight next term, former Leeds player and manager Eddie Gray is confident the club are in the right hands.

"There always seems to be some sort of financial issue that's going on but I think the new owner is trying to put things in place and get things moving." Gray said.

"The club have got to look at finances and I don't know what the long term plans are for Thorp Arch

"With Massimo Cellino, it doesn't make any difference how much money you've got as you can still lose a lot if you don't do things right.

"He's a businessman and time will tell the direction he is going to take the football club in. The important thing is going to be what happens from a football point of view."

"The new owner has come in and he knows the finances of the club and he will do what he sees fit to get things back on an even keel.

"And the thing about clubs is – it's not just Leeds United – you can't just keep losing money week in, week out without taking some action."
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #2481 på: Mai 13, 2014, 20:39:17 »

auren

Først var man redd for at han skulle vært for utålmodig og ta forhastede avgjørelser, og nå klager man på det motsatte. Shocking!

I intervjuet med Pope så sa han at han skulle snakke med McD om 7-10 dager, ville at alt skulle roe seg ned. Angående spillere så har jo de agenter som jobber 24 timer i døgnet mens de kan nyte livet i Ibiza!

Nå er det gått 10 dager siden sist kamp. Har han pratet med McDermott mon tro? Evt ny manager må komme inn så fort som mulig, slik at vi får begynt planlegging frem mot neste sesong.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2482 på: Mai 13, 2014, 20:43:41 »
Adam Pope

#lufc @lufctrust say Cellino said season tickets sales were mortgaged prior to his arrival, but since taking over he has settled the loan.

Et lån til betalt ut!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

GeirO

« Svar #2483 på: Mai 13, 2014, 20:47:35 »
Vi trodde Cellino var en useriøs klovn.
Men det viser seg nå at han er mye mer seriøs mht. økonomi enn de forrige eierne.
Føler meg så langt trygg med Cellino og hans kamp for å redusere de vanvittige driftsutgiftene.
MOT

Sydhagen

« Svar #2484 på: Mai 13, 2014, 21:15:53 »
Vi trodde Cellino var en useriøs klovn.
Men det viser seg nå at han er mye mer seriøs mht. økonomi enn de forrige eierne.
Føler meg så langt trygg med Cellino og hans kamp for å redusere de vanvittige driftsutgiftene.

Enig.
Her er mye rusk som må ryddes opp i.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Kato

« Svar #2485 på: Mai 13, 2014, 21:41:33 »
Kan virke som vi er i langt mer seriøse hender nå enn vi har vært de siste årene.

Leedsfan

« Svar #2486 på: Mai 14, 2014, 07:19:23 »
Cellino prøver å redusere de ca £6-8mill som vi går med underskudd hvert år samtidig som vi skal forsterke laget. En stor utfordring! Samtidig klager fansen allerede over småting!

Kai

« Svar #2487 på: Mai 14, 2014, 07:50:04 »
Tror Cellino gjør seg selv en tjeneste med å være såpass åpen og ærlig om hvordan ståa er, i og med at det minsker presset på han selv. Greit med en som forteller hvordan det er, i stedet for falske lovnader, samt en haug med #staytogether, #MOT og #YOLO på Twitter.

B_Ød

« Svar #2488 på: Mai 14, 2014, 09:09:47 »
er i ferd med å opparbeide meg en slags "tro" vår nye mann i sjefsstolen jeg..har ikke hatt dette på mange år nå...rar følelse....
Ups & Ups!!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2489 på: Mai 14, 2014, 09:21:29 »
Y E P

Leeds United: Cellino calls in the lawyers to look at ‘impossible’ situation

Published: 14 May 2014

Massimo Cellino

3 comments

By Phil Hay

Massimo Cellino invited lawyers from London into Leeds United yesterday as he intensified the fire-fighting which is slowly defining the early weeks of his reign at Elland Road.

The Italian has called in outside assistance to review the club’s operating costs and help bring under control a situation described by Cellino as “unbelievable, impossible.”

Staff at Leeds are waiting for redundancies to begin in earnest with the club a week-and-a-half into the summer and already experiencing the first parts of Cellino’s plan to cut the outgoings of a club who are losing more than £1m a month.

Cellino took the unprecedented step of temporarily closing United’s Thorp Arch training ground last Friday, moving several employees to Elland Road and shutting the complex until pre-season training begins at the start of July.

The 57-year-old is widely expected to reduce United’s workforce and he was reported last week to have included club ambassadors Eddie Gray, Peter Lorimer and Dominic Matteo in the list of probable sackings.

The three former Leeds players, all of whom were appointed by previous owner Gulf Finance House (GFH), have had no contact from Cellino about their positions.

Cellino spoke briefly to the YEP about the situation at Elland Road on Monday night, saying: “We have serious problems but we are fixing them.

“Some of what happens here is unbelievable, impossible, but I must sort it out.”

Asked about plans for widespread redundancies, Italian businessman Cellino said: “I don’t sack staff who want to work with me and who do what they’re paid to do.”

The Leeds United Supporters Trust (LUST) shed light on the finances at Elland Road yesterday by saying Cellino had revealed daily operating costs of more than £100,000 during conversations with three of the Trust’s board members.

Cellino met with LUST representatives on Monday and accused GFH of mortgaging season-ticket money for the 2014-15 season prior to his 75 per cent buy-out.

According to a statement issued by LUST, Cellino said he had repaid the loan since taking charge at Elland Road on April 7.

Sales of tickets for next season began last week.

But GFH – the Bahraini bank which continues to hold a 10 per cent stake in United – later rejected his comments, with a spokesman saying: “It’s untrue that the season-ticket money for the 2014-15 season was mortgaged before Mr Cellino’s takeover, as he seems to be suggesting to the Trust.”

Leeds mortgaged season-ticket funds before GFH’s buy-out of Ken Bates in December 2012, taking a loan of £5m from private firm Ticketus to finance the redevelopment of Elland Road’s East Stand.

The final instalment of that loan – a sum of around £3.3m –was repaid using money put up by supporters for 2013-14 season tickets.

United, meanwhile, are under pressure to reach final decisions on the future of their out-of-contract players with the deadline for offering new deals due to pass on Saturday of this week.

Young left-back Charlie Taylor – on loan at League Two club Fleetwood Town – is in line for an improved contract but the fate of the wider squad and any plans to transfer-list under-contract professionals remain unannounced.

Min første Leeds-kamp: