Skrevet av Emne: EX-eier: Ken Bates  (Lest 362639 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Dennis

Sv: Bates
« Svar #1530 på: April 23, 2012, 11:38:17 »
Litt humor må man ha i disse tider . Og sorry til de som føler at dette ble en vond sammenligning
Vond sammenligning? Dette synes jeg ble for dumt!!!

Enig, selv om det er ment rent humoristisk i akkurat dette tilfellet, er jeg (som bruker) oppgitt over sammenligninger av Ken Bates og folk som ABB, Adolf Hitler, m.fl.

Midt oppe i alt som skjer disse dager, vil jeg, som trondt skriver, oppfordre til å lese over hva man posterer en gang til.
Marching on together!

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #1531 på: April 23, 2012, 11:52:15 »
Det var ike ment som en samenligning. Men det jeg flirte litt av var det faktum at jeg var først ute å kalte Bates mannen uten navn

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1532 på: April 23, 2012, 14:30:54 »
Forstår at dette var ment RENT humoristisk og intet mer, men veldig enig med Mr. Kaizer her. Og h.b. ser hva du poengterer her. Lets move on....MOT!!!
Yeboahs vitne

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #1533 på: April 23, 2012, 17:58:19 »

B_Ød

« Svar #1534 på: April 23, 2012, 19:44:16 »
Ups & Ups!!

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1535 på: April 23, 2012, 19:55:36 »
Super Leeds since 1968

Leedsfan

« Svar #1536 på: April 23, 2012, 20:16:38 »
Er det vanlig at klubber hedrer slike arbeidere på kampdag?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #1537 på: April 23, 2012, 20:40:31 »

Vi snakker ikke her om en som har vært i klubben i et par år, men i 60!

Sitat
John Reynolds came to Leeds as a youngster with the legendary John Charles. In his own right John became a legend working for the club as a player, but his career was tragically cut short before it began with a serious injury. John then joined the Groundstaff, and worked his way to Head Groundsman at both Elland road & Thorp Arch. In all John gave about 60 years loyal service to Leeds United. We w...ould like to recognise John’s loyalty, the like of which is unlikely to be seen again and believe that a minutes applause at the Leicester game be appropriate. John’s work at Elland Road enabled Leeds to win three titles and play some magnificent football, on what was one of the finest playing surfaces in Country.

Selfølgelig skal mannen hedres, hva andre gjør spiller ingen rolle!

Sitat
When you spend 60 years somewhere that somewhere should be able to spend 60 seconds on you.

« Siste redigering: April 23, 2012, 20:44:13 av Rudi G. »

Leedsfan

« Svar #1538 på: April 23, 2012, 20:47:16 »

Vi snakker ikke her om en som har vært i klubben i et par år, men i 60!

Sitat
John Reynolds came to Leeds as a youngster with the legendary John Charles. In his own right John became a legend working for the club as a player, but his career was tragically cut short before it began with a serious injury. John then joined the Groundstaff, and worked his way to Head Groundsman at both Elland road & Thorp Arch. In all John gave about 60 years loyal service to Leeds United. We w...ould like to recognise John’s loyalty, the like of which is unlikely to be seen again and believe that a minutes applause at the Leicester game be appropriate. John’s work at Elland Road enabled Leeds to win three titles and play some magnificent football, on what was one of the finest playing surfaces in Country.

Selfølgelig skal mannen hedres, hva andre gjør spiller ingen rolle!

Sitat
When you spend 60 years somewhere that somewhere should be able to spend 60 seconds on you.

Jeg bare spør om det er vanlig av klubber i det engelske ligasystemet å hedre slike ildsjeler på kampdag med 60 sekunder stillhet eller klapping?

I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Hobben

« Svar #1539 på: April 23, 2012, 21:07:36 »
Burde vært en selvfølge... skammelig av Harvey.
Rogaland Whites

Dennis

« Svar #1540 på: April 24, 2012, 00:06:18 »
Slenger meg på dette! Viser bare hvor lav klubbfølelsen er i ledelsen.
Marching on together!

MrK

« Svar #1541 på: April 24, 2012, 09:40:45 »
Uproft og lite menneskelig!
Hørt på Living Room; "where's the cardmachine"?

Mats-

• Gjest
« Svar #1542 på: April 24, 2012, 10:01:06 »
Eg fatter ikke det. Hvem er denne Harvey? En postmann med fortid i Bradford F.C. Hvorfor skal en mann som kun har fullført high school få £176.000 i året og styre økonomien vår? Hvem/hva er denne karen? Jo, en f**king joke, det er det han er. Trust me når jeg sier at jeg syns Batse er scum of the earth, men Harvey er ikke noe bedre. Shaun "Players play, managers manage and supporters support" Harvey vær så snill å f**k off.
« Siste redigering: April 24, 2012, 18:35:28 av Mats- »

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #1543 på: April 24, 2012, 14:02:28 »
Eg fatter ikke det. Hvem er denne Harvey? En postmann med fortid i Bradford F.C. Hvorfor skal en mann som kun har fullført high school få £176.000 i året og styre økonomien vår? Hvem/hva denne karen? Jo, en f**king joke, det er det han er. Trust me når jeg sier at jeg syns Batse er scum of the earth, men Harvey er ikke noe bedre. Shaun "Players play, managers manage and supporters support" Harvey vær så snill å f**k off.
Enig!Vi har en gammal inkompetent ledelse >:(

Leedsfan

« Svar #1544 på: April 24, 2012, 18:06:46 »
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/ken-bates-ruined-our-lives-ex-leeds-utd-director-tells-harassment-court-1-4476605

Greit at Bates er en dr*tts*kk, men for en latterlig rettsak....

Sitat
Mr Levi told the court that he and his wife Carole has been made ill after Mr Bates made a number of distressing remarks about him in the Leeds United match day programme.

In a witness statement handed to the court, Mr Levi said he lived in “constant fear” that Mr Bates would use his programme notes to cause him further distress.

lojosang

« Svar #1545 på: April 24, 2012, 18:10:24 »
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/ken-bates-ruined-our-lives-ex-leeds-utd-director-tells-harassment-court-1-4476605

Sitat
Mr Levi told the court that he and his wife Carole has been made ill after Mr Bates made a number of distressing remarks about him in the Leeds United match day programme.

In a witness statement handed to the court, Mr Levi said he lived in “constant fear” that Mr Bates would use his programme notes to cause him further distress.

Himmel og hav. Har det sittet annet enn døgenigter og idioter i Leedsstyret etter Manny Cussins?
- Leif Olav

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #1546 på: April 25, 2012, 07:59:52 »

Sitat

Og hvem betaler dette...?
http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=961b4c64f7799c1c11c962c47&id=5cd7c83e89&e=f29c5442e5

Leedsfan

« Svar #1547 på: April 25, 2012, 08:37:19 »

Sitat

Og hvem betaler dette...?
http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=961b4c64f7799c1c11c962c47&id=5cd7c83e89&e=f29c5442e5

Tullballet vil jo aldri helt gi seg heller... Blir sliten av alt det negative oppstyret...

Sitat
L.U.S.T. Reaction to Ongoing Court Case

The news this week from the County Court in Leeds, where Melvyn and Carole Levi are seeking damages for harassment from Ken Bates, Leeds United and Yorkshire Radio, is in the view of the Leeds United Supporters' Trust raising serious questions about the competence of the people in charge of our football club.

The case is ongoing, and relates to comments made in the official Leeds United matchday programme and on Yorkshire Radio, which Mr and Mrs Levi argue constitute harassment.

Today has seen Chief Executive Shaun Harvey and Chairman Ken Bates give evidence, and their answers under oath reveal, in our view, shocking and expensive incompetence at the very highest level of Leeds United.

The following was reported by the Yorkshire Post today:

"Giving evidence today, Mr Harvey accepted that the programme was his responsibility as the club’s chief executive.

He said the club had no independent directors and he agreed that there was “no independent scrutiny” of the programme.

Mr Harvey said: “There is no doubt that Mr Bates writes things in the programme notes that I as an individual wouldn’t do.

“It’s a different approach and a different style.”

Simon Myerson QC, for the Levis, asked Mr Harvey: “The truth is all this litigation isn’t worth the candle, is it?

“You, as chief executive, have committed the club to spending a fortune on legal fees?”

Mr Harvey replied: “We are spending a fortune on legal fees, yes.”

Later in the day, Ken Bates confirmed that he writes and is responsible for the programme notes published in his name.

Whatever the outcome of this case, these programme notes, written by Ken Bates and published in a magazine that is the responsibility of Shaun Harvey, have resulted in Leeds United "spending a fortune on legal fees." The exact cost of the current action is not known, but the legal fees in the last court case Ken Bates lost to Melvyn Levi in 2009 were reported to cost Leeds United £1.5m.

This "fortune" is being spent solely as a result of the actions of Ken Bates and Shaun Harvey, who constantly tell the fans of Leeds United that they are determined not to repeat the mistakes of the Peter Ridsdale era by over-spending. Last week Ken Bates was bemoaning the £500,000 "wasted" on Mika Vayrynen who was, at least, a football player at a football club. This week we learn that the management of the same club, with some of the highest ticket prices in the country, and at £4 the most expensive programme, a club which claims to be prudent and well managed, has at a stroke spent "a fortune on legal fees" in a manner that has brought absolutely no benefit whatsoever to Leeds United.

The issue of the programme notes and of Yorkshire Radio has been of specific interest to the Leeds United Supporters' Trust for some time, as our board members have been the subject of adverse comments through both channels. Our formal complaints to the Information Commissioner's Office and Ofcom are both still pending. We note from the court reports that Ken Bates' legal team will argue that public figures should have “broad shoulders” and be prepared for criticism, and we find this line of defence particularly ironic given that the Trust board are still blocked from buying tickets at Leeds following our criticism of the way the club is being run.

It is time for the club to come to account over the use of its media outlets. Shaun Harvey said today that the contents of the matchday programme are his responsibility. At the conclusion of the trial, then, Harvey should explain to the fans, via the official website, Yorkshire Radio, and the next available programme, why he allowed comments to be published; clarify exactly what constitutes "a fortune"; explain why these fees should be met with club funds, and not from the pockets of himself or Ken Bates; and account for what impact this expense has had on Neil Warnock's playing budget for next season.

Shaun Harvey also needs to justify these events in terms of his role as Chief Executive of Leeds United. In defending the blocking of the Trust board's ticketing accounts, Shaun Harvey said that at football clubs "players play, managers manage, and supporters support." Chief Executives, in our view, should not make decisions that cost "a fortune" in needless legal fees and result in expensive days spent defending their actions in court, rather than running the football club. The club's policies, we are constantly told, are all directed towards prudent management of funds. If Shaun Harvey is unable to prevent our funds from being wasted on fruitless court cases, his suitability for the job of Chief Executive must surely be called into question.

It should be noted that Shaun Harvey, who worked as a postman before beginning a career in non-league football administration, has been involved in two administrations at Bradford City in 2002 and 2004, and one at Leeds in 2007, and only passes the 'Fit and Proper Test' for football directors because the Bradford City administrations occurred before June 2004. Since coming to Leeds United with Geoffrey Richmond in June 2004, Harvey has been in charge during our relegation to League One, administration, and fifteen point penalty; and, while apparently in charge of player contracts, has overseen the departures of several high-profile Leeds players whose contracts have run down. In the year ending June 2010, the last time his earnings were separately listed, Shaun Harvey was paid in the region of £174,000.

The Leeds United Supporters' Trust is committed to its Campaign for Change as a route to a better Leeds United. Change does not exclude, where necessary, changes of personnel. It was Shaun Harvey who announced in January that the club had "dispensed with the services" of Simon Grayson due to his management of the team. Shaun Harvey should ask himself whether his own management is worthy of Leeds United.

The Trust's end of season party on Saturday will be centred on block L37 of the upper tier of the East Stand - and if you join us, we're sure Shaun Harvey and Ken Bates will be able to hear your opinion of the job they have done of running Leeds United. All Leeds fans are welcome in what we are told are the best seats in the house - a phone call to the ticket office, who will charge an admin fee, is all it takes to move your seat and join us. If you can't come and take part in L37, please make your voices heard from all over the ground - regardless of the result on Saturday, we want to make it a party day at Elland Road. Before the match, at 11.30am, we will be marching from The Magic Sponge to the East Stand entrance, to remind the club that the Campaign for Change will not be going away at the end of this season - please come and be a part of it.

Supporters can join more than 5,000 other Leeds fans and have their voice heard as members of the Leeds United Supporters’ Trust by filling in this form. Membership is free.

MOT

RoarG

"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

newsome

« Svar #1549 på: April 25, 2012, 19:01:42 »
BATES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn K

« Svar #1550 på: April 25, 2012, 19:32:10 »
Takket nei til Beckford inn permanent 2 ganger denne sesongen...

Speaking on Yorkshire Radio, Bates said, "He was offered to us to come back on a permanent basis on two occasions this season but we declined because we want to move forward."

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=280556#ixzz1t4eHnyfs

auren

« Svar #1551 på: April 25, 2012, 20:17:35 »

Speaking on Yorkshire Radio, Bates said, "He was offered to us to come back on a permanent basis on two occasions this season but we declined because we want to move forward."

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=280556#ixzz1t4eHnyfs

Beckford = Leedslegende!

Kan vi få ham for under 1 million pund og på en normal ukelønn, så bør vi absolutt hente ham i sommer! Men Leicester er vel ikke dumme nok til å selge ham for en så lav sum, og Beckford er vel heller ikke interessert i å halvere lønna si og vel så det.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Leedsfan

« Svar #1552 på: April 25, 2012, 21:26:18 »
Er Pugh for 500000 moving forward?

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #1553 på: April 25, 2012, 21:35:43 »

Eller fordi vi ikke har råd til han. Eller rettere sagt fordi Bates ikke vil bla opp.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1554 på: April 25, 2012, 21:36:34 »

Beckford = Leedslegende!

Kan vi få ham for under 1 million pund og på en normal ukelønn, så bør vi absolutt hente ham i sommer! Men Leicester er vel ikke dumme nok til å selge ham for en så lav sum, og Beckford er vel heller ikke interessert i å halvere lønna si og vel så det.

auren

Hvorfor skal vi kaste bort penger på Beckford når vi kan hente Alan Smith gratis?  :P
Super Leeds since 1968

auren

« Svar #1555 på: April 25, 2012, 21:52:25 »

Beckford = Leedslegende!

auren

Hvorfor skal vi kaste bort penger på Beckford når vi kan hente Alan Smith gratis?  :P

;D

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Cherry

« Svar #1556 på: April 25, 2012, 22:09:14 »
Beckford & Smith - noen £ for den ene, og gratis overgang for den andre.....
funker for meg ;)

Ian Baird

« Svar #1557 på: April 25, 2012, 22:21:15 »
funker for meg ;)

tar heller en Becks og en Smiths på puben..
Cellino 5. April 2014: We will be back in the Premier Leauge by 2016.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1558 på: April 25, 2012, 22:40:26 »
funker for meg ;)

Absolutt fristende....

..men nå begynner vi å bevege oss et stykke unna topic.  ;)
Super Leeds since 1968

lojosang

« Svar #1559 på: April 26, 2012, 10:43:03 »
funker for meg ;)

Anbefaler Buxton heller. Mer smak, snillere mot levra.
- Leif Olav