Skrevet av Emne: YEP - Player Of The Year !  (Lest 3390 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Sheridan

YEP - Player Of The Year !
« på: Mai 04, 2008, 17:37:54 »
David Prutton ble kåret til sesongens beste Leeds spiller av Yorkshire Evening Post.
Det var leserene som stod for kåringen.

Well done  :)

Dennis

Sv: YEP - Player Of The Year !
« Svar #1 på: Mai 04, 2008, 17:41:00 »
Congrats!  :)
Marching on together!

Tom S

« Svar #2 på: Mai 04, 2008, 18:53:35 »
Den støtter eg, gratulerer Prutts!

David Prutton ble kåret til sesongens beste Leeds spiller av Yorkshire Evening Post.
Det var leserene som stod for kåringen.

Well done  :)
COME ON LEEDS !!

Ferre

« Svar #3 på: Mai 04, 2008, 19:56:10 »
Grattis Prutts!

Jon R

« Svar #4 på: Mai 04, 2008, 20:39:15 »
Litt overraskende, men gratulerer til spilleren.  :)
Jon R.

Sander

« Svar #5 på: Mai 04, 2008, 21:09:04 »
Er ikke overrasket.

Gratulerer!

Roy

« Svar #6 på: Mai 04, 2008, 21:36:55 »
Prutts har kanskje vært den mest stabile spilleren i år? Han kåres nok ut fra det.

I allefall - grattis.
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

Sheridan

« Svar #7 på: Mai 04, 2008, 23:29:31 »
LEEDS UNITED
Prutton a divine influence

In a season which threatened to rely on the power of divine inspiration, it is thoroughly appropriate that a caricature of the son of God has materialised at Elland Road. It was not through design that David Prutton modelled himself on traditional portraits of Jesus, but the striking likeness was pointed out to him last month by supporters who believed the saviour was among the ranks of their club. They were only half joking. Omnipotent Prutton may not be, but the power behind Leeds United's season has stemmed in part from the midfielder's hand. In one area at least, Prutton and God share a similar trait – they are better for you than they are against you. After his recent inclusion in the shortlist for the Professional Footballers' Association player of the year trophy, Portsmouth goalkeeper David James commented that award ceremonies are largely the domain of strikers.

"No-one ever votes for goalkeepers these days," he said. "Not even me."

The same, presumably, could be said of midfielders. It is undoubtedly easier to judge a forward on the goals by his name than it is to value a midfielder on the quiet industry he completes in midfield. But Prutton dismissed the stereotype of strikers-only ballots by claiming the Yorkshire Evening Post readers'player of the year award yesterday, edging a neck-and-neck vote ahead of Jermaine Beckford. Beckford had the clout of 20 league goals behind him – enough to deserve the stream of votes that flooded in behind him – but it was Prutton's contribution over 45 league games that turned the poll in his favour. Aside from Casper Ankergren, no player has been more consistently involved in an enthralling year which is now boiling down to League One's play-offs.

"It's been a season like no other I've ever had," said Prutton. "A year like this feels really special because you've been part of something that's pretty unique in football. It's always wise to expect the unexpected, but you don't join a club expecting them to get a 15-point deduction or to start a mile away from everyone else at the bottom of the division. It's not very often either that you go through a season producing wins and results at the rate that we have. You look for challenges in football and I found one here. You can't ask for much more than to be in a squad where everybody is focused, united and as ambitious as we've been. There were quite a few reasons for the players to moan and complain at the start of the season, but I think we all realised that discussing our position over and over again was a pointless conversation. Personally, I'd signed for Leeds for ambitious reasons and it was pretty clear everyone else had too. I'm really pleased that the fans value my contribution, but to properly analyse this season you need to look at the squad as a whole.

MartinR

• På juniorlaget
  • One time Leeds, Always Leeds
    • MSN Messenger - Reitan96@hotmail.com
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Mai 05, 2008, 08:06:35 »
Grattis Prutts :)

flynn

« Svar #9 på: Mai 05, 2008, 08:14:33 »
Velfortjent. Andre kandidater som har prestert jevnt bra hele veien er vel strengt tatt bare Ankergren og Beckford. Ellers har Marques, Douglas og Howson markert seg positivt i perioder av sesongen.

flynn

Per-Stian

« Svar #10 på: Mai 05, 2008, 12:46:03 »
Dette kom ikkje direkte overraskande på meg. Ankergren er vel kanskje den einaste ved sidan av Prutts som har hatt jamne og gode prestasjonar heile sesongen gjennom.

Elles har Marques, Douglas, Howson og Beckford også hatt solide periodar, men sett sesongen under eitt så er Prutton eit fornuftig val.

flynn

« Svar #11 på: Mai 05, 2008, 15:32:30 »
Dette kom ikkje direkte overraskande på meg. Ankergren er vel kanskje den einaste ved sidan av Prutts som har hatt jamne og gode prestasjonar heile sesongen gjennom.

Elles har Marques, Douglas, Howson og Beckford også hatt solide periodar, men sett sesongen under eitt så er Prutton eit fornuftig val.

Fryktelig så uenige vi er om Beckford da Per-Stian  :D

flynn

PetterH

« Svar #12 på: Mai 05, 2008, 16:39:28 »
Prutton var mitt 2.valg etter Beckford.

Så det er grei nok utnevnelse for meg det.
Og det er helt sikkert mange av YEP leserne,som har sett flere kamper enn meg i år.
« Siste redigering: Mai 05, 2008, 16:41:28 av PetterH »

sportcarl1

« Svar #13 på: Mai 05, 2008, 17:28:58 »
Lite överraskande val då han knappast ens känns given i laget

aoj

« Svar #14 på: Mai 06, 2008, 19:50:18 »
LEEDS UNITED
Prutton a divine influence

flott bilde da..  ;D