Skrevet av Emne: EX spiller: Peter Sweeney  (Lest 6316 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Ferre

Sv: Ny spiller: Peter Sweeney
« Svar #30 på: Januar 06, 2008, 13:35:32 »
Footballer's drink-driving arrest 
Stoke City footballer Peter Sweeney has been arrested for drink-driving.
The football club confirmed his arrest on their website on Wednesday. It said he was arrested in London over the weekend and police inquiries continue.

It said the former Millwall midfielder had struggled to make an impact since his arrival in 2005.

The 22-year-old has recently spent three months with Yeovil Town, returning to the Stoke last month. The club refused to comment further.

Altså fra tiden før han spilte for Walsall.   ::)

Dette er vi så vant til, så det bør ikke bli noe problem! :)

Jon R

« Svar #31 på: Januar 06, 2008, 14:25:13 »
Den beste løsningen er nok at vi baker en antabus inn i kontrakten hans.  ::)

Den nest beste løsningen er at  spilleren tar en nattbus hjem etter neste fuktige lag.  ::)
Jon R.

kjelvi

« Svar #32 på: Januar 07, 2008, 13:59:27 »

kjelvi

« Svar #33 på: Januar 09, 2008, 18:51:01 »
Ennå ikke 100 prosent bekreftet på off. hjemmesiden.
Gjennomfører i dag medical - og bekreftelse forventes senere i eftan.

23-åringen tegner en 3 1/2 års-kontrakt: http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1210256,00.html

I følge Sweeneys egne nettside den medisinske gjennomgang uproblematisk: http://www.icons.com/sweeney/diary.html?09.01.08

B-m

« Svar #34 på: Januar 10, 2008, 09:38:13 »
Er fornøyd med denne! At Sweeney ikke har fast plass på Stoke trenger ikke bety at han er en dårlig spiller. Stoke har et veldig bra lag, og  de er et av topplagene i the Championship!

Asbjørn, sjekk pm!!
« Siste redigering: Januar 10, 2008, 09:45:15 av B-m »
---------------------------
who killed Trondheimwhite?

Ferre

« Svar #35 på: Januar 10, 2008, 12:01:23 »

kjelvi

« Svar #36 på: Januar 16, 2008, 10:45:50 »
Sweeney aiming high with Leeds

Peter Sweeney

Peter Sweeney has promised to make the most of his two-and-a-half year deal with Leeds United after being warned by his father that he may never make a more high-profile transfer.
Sweeney landed at Elland Road from Stoke City last week at a cost of more than £100,000, and the opportunity in Leeds has captured the imagination of a player who, by his own admission, has maintained a modest rate of progression through the first part of his career.
The midfielder's pedigree was proven in his formative years by eight appearances for Scotland's Under-21s, and he made his senior debut for Millwall at the age of 18.
But five years down the line, and at the end of two-and-a-half seasons with Stoke, Sweeney has come to agree with Dennis Wise's assessment that he has not developed as quickly as anticipated.
Asked about Sweeney last week, Wise said: "He's got a lot of talent, but he hasn't progressed quite as much as I thought he would.
"Hopefully I can push him on."
The signs were encouraging on Monday night when, in the often unpredictable surroundings of Gresty Road, Sweeney's impressive debut inspired Leeds to a 1-0 victory over Crewe Alexandra.
Wise intended to use January as a chance to produce a roadmap for United's future, but his commitment to signing youngsters did not ignore his need for impact players.
United were lacking inspiration a fortnight ago; with Sweeney, Neil Kilkenny, Darren Kenton, Bradley Johnson and Sebastian Sorsa now added to their squad, the imagination has returned during their last two matches.
Wise can be assured that Sweeney appreciates the significance of the campaign he is now involved in, and the importance of justifying his transfer to Elland Road.
"This is the biggest club I've played for," Sweeney said.
"My dad turned round to me the other day and said 'if you play for a bigger club in your career then you'll be doing very well' and I agree with him.
"He hit the nail on the head because I wouldn't have expected or asked for a better opportunity.
"If I played for a bigger club than Leeds then we'd be talking about a club near the top of the Premiership.
"The supporters would expect me to say that, but a lot of players would say the same. A two-and-a-half year deal is good because it gives me time to establish myself, but I'm not going to rest on that and allow myself to get too comfortable. I don't think I can afford to.
"I'm 23 years old and, to be truthful, I've not done as much in my career as I could have done, or as I thought I would.
"There's no time for messing about. I remember being 19 and playing under Dennis at Millwall.
"It feels like a long time ago, but in a way it also feels like yesterday.
"Time passes so quickly and you can't waste it as a footballer. Your career is short enough as it is.
"One minute you're 19 years old, and the next you're 23.
"I'm thinking to myself 'hang on a minute, I need to do something now' and that's why I've come to Leeds.
"There's no better club to kick-start my career."
Sweeney is technically a native of Glasgow, the city of his birth, but he moved south to England at the age of three and, like Wise, developed as a footballer in the heart of London.
Millwall recruited him as a trainee in 2001and gave him his debut the following year while Mark McGhee held the managerial reigns.
But it was during Wise's reign as player-boss at the New Den that Sweeney flourished, playing in the 2004 FA Cup final and meriting involvement within the Scotland's national set-up.
He made his debut for the Under-21s against Hungary during the same year, and played a further seven times, leading to a transfer to Stoke in the summer of 2005.
But his time at the Britannia Stadium was unsettled, and interspersed with loan deals to Yeovil and Walsall.
He made 18 league starts for Stoke, and when Wise approached him earlier this month Sweeney was exiled from the Potteries, playing on loan at Bescot Stadium.
"I had a feeling that I'd be leaving Stoke, and I wanted to leave because I wasn't getting many opportunities," said Sweeney.
"I suppose that happens at every club. Football's a game of opinions.
"But when Leeds came in it was a case of 'where do I sign?' I just wanted them to give me the contract.
"When Dennis Wise first got the job at Leeds there was a thought in my mind that he might come in for me at some point.
"I'd worked with him before, but it was nothing more than a passing thought because he had a big job to do here.
"He doesn't have favourites, and he doesn't do favours. If someone's playing well then they keep their place.
"If they're not then they're out. There's no complacency here because you have to play well to stay in the team.
"To be honest, that isn't always the case at football clubs.
"I agree with him when he says I haven't done as much in my career as I should have done.
"The proof's in the pudding. I need to start making an impact, and it's important to listen to what people are telling you, even if it's criticism.
"Sometimes players need pulled down a peg but I'm determined to make the most of this.
"The signings we've made in January have improved a squad which in my mind was already strong anyway, and I know that I've come to a club that needs to be going up this season."

YEP

sveifors

« Svar #37 på: Januar 16, 2008, 12:46:41 »

Virker som en lojal og ok fyr dette her. Han var et kjempetalent som Wise slapp til i Millwall som 18 åring og ble en instant suksess. Har ikke slått til i andre klubber, men er en type spiller som kan vokse hos oss og bli en virkelig god lagspiller. Gode ferdigheter har han ihvertfall. Thommo har alleredde gitt ham kallenavnet Pedro på treningsfeltet. Han gir et sympatisk og OK inntrykk på intervjuer på LUTV. Lykke til, Ped
Sveifors

Always look on the LEEDS side of life

pedro

« Svar #38 på: Januar 16, 2008, 13:09:45 »

Virker som en lojal og ok fyr dette her. Han var et kjempetalent som Wise slapp til i Millwall som 18 åring og ble en instant suksess. Har ikke slått til i andre klubber, men er en type spiller som kan vokse hos oss og bli en virkelig god lagspiller. Gode ferdigheter har han ihvertfall. Thommo har alleredde gitt ham kallenavnet Pedro på treningsfeltet. Han gir et sympatisk og OK inntrykk på intervjuer på LUTV. Lykke til, Ped

Pedro for faen, snakke me om herming her (å ape, på østlandsk);)
Leedsomaniac

Sheridan

« Svar #39 på: Januar 16, 2008, 13:26:32 »
Lovende kjøp.
Så ok ut mot Crewe.

Per-Stian

« Svar #40 på: Januar 16, 2008, 13:35:57 »
Gjer meg veldig godt å lese om motivasjonen og mottakinga til Pedro. Inst inne fryktar eg ein ny Westlake, men det avgjerande og vakre innlegget til Becks sitt vinnarmål skapar eit visst håp om at vi har funne ein god spelar som vi kan utvikle vidare.