Skrevet av Emne: Treningskamp: vs. GALWAY United 16/7  (Lest 4577 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Treningskamp: vs. GALWAY United 16/7
« på: Juli 16, 2008, 12:24:06 »

Ã…rets andre treningskamp og første på Irland-turneen mot GALWAY UNITED onsdag 16. juli, kl. 20.30 (norsk tid).

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/newsroom/
« Siste redigering: Juli 16, 2008, 12:27:18 av kjelvi »

Bjorn

Sv: Treningskamp: vs. GALWAY United 16/7
« Svar #1 på: Juli 16, 2008, 12:27:48 »
ååååå. Det er så gøy å kjenne spenningen stiger! Egentlig er vel Galway mye å hoppe i taket over, men det er godt vi kan glede oss over så små ting ikke sant???  :D
Tør vi håpe på en klar seier? La oss si 3-0? Tror det jeg...
Marching On! 4276

kjelvi

« Svar #2 på: Juli 16, 2008, 12:28:36 »
Kenna ready for hands on approach

Galway United manager Jeff Kenna is set to line out against Leeds United in a friendly at Terryland Park tonight and it may well not be the last time that the former Irish international dons the Tribesmen’s jersey.
Kenna is registered as a player with the eircom Premier Division bottom side and as the club were forced to cut their wage bill by selling a number of players, the manager has a small squad to choose from.
And, he has decided to put his boots back on and help the club out of this difficult time both on and off the field, starting with tonight’s game against the League One outfit.
“It’s with a view of getting some competitive action, because I haven’t played since April. I want to get back playing. My conditioning is good and I’ve played competitively at Conference level up until a couple of months ago,” said Kenna.
“With our current lack of strength in depth it now makes sense to make myself available to play. Hopefully, I can come in and it can prove valuable over the remainder of the season, but I’ll have to see how it goes against Leeds.”

Galway boss Kenna to face United:
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Galway-boss-Kenna-to-face.4291728.jp
« Siste redigering: Juli 16, 2008, 12:57:19 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #3 på: Juli 16, 2008, 12:35:19 »
Dean ground clash with Leeds on Irish friendly trip
GALA FAIRYDEAN have been forced into a Dublin pitch switch after Leeds United stole their park.
The ‘Dean head for Ireland on Friday to play against Enfield Celtic over the weekend.
But the Netherdale club received word last week that the pre-season friendly is being moved from the glitzy Mariott Johnstown House Hotel and Spa after a double booking with the Yorkshire club.
And they will have to travel around 20 miles to face the County Meath side on their home ground.
Dean vice chairman Simon Gillie told the Border Telegraph: “The hotel is really popular with football teams from England and it seems that we will be staying there at the same time as Leeds United.
“The pitch and training facilities are amongst the best in Ireland and Enfield Celtic wanted our game to be played at the hotel.
“Everything was fine until the hotel contacted us to say that Leeds needed the pitch to warm up for their Irish tour – we couldn’t really argue.”
Gary McAllister’s Leeds United play three games – against Galway United, Bray Wanderers and Shelbourne – during their pre-season trip.
And the Elland Road stars of Coca Cola Division 1 such as Paul Telfer, Jermaine Beckford and Leon Constantine will rub shoulders with the Fairydean players, including Paul Hossack, Gavin Watson and Brian Wilson.
Co-manager Bryan Templeton isn’t too bothered about the late change in grounds. He said: “I’m not sure what Leeds will make of us and they are welcome to the main pitch.

kjelvi

« Svar #4 på: Juli 16, 2008, 12:36:25 »
Tickets for the new Corribside stand at Terryland Park have almost completely sold out for tomorrow night's friendly between Galway United and Leeds United.

McMidjo

• På juniorlaget
  • Winning doesn't really matter - as long as you win
    • Vis profil
    • Bremnerbloggen
« Svar #5 på: Juli 16, 2008, 14:14:01 »
En kuriositet: Administrerende direktør for Galway er Nick Leeson - samme mann som spilte borte flere milliarder kroner på verdens børser - og egenhendig slo Barings Bank konkurs på midten av 90-tallet.

Han har ikke helt skikk på økonomien i Galway heller gitt:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/eircom-league/mistakes-led-to-galway-cash-woes--leeson-1430450.html

http://e24.no/utenriks/article2405350.ece
So-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans - We are here....

Wannabe

« Svar #6 på: Juli 16, 2008, 19:27:20 »
Takker for opplysningen om Leeson, han har tydeligvis nå fått en ny sjanse både hva gjelder helsa og i arbeidslivet, slik de fleste finansakrobater sikkert klarer å skaffe seg. Filmen om den kostbare "episoden" han pådro seg i sin tid, var av det underholdende slaget.

MOT

Dennis

« Svar #7 på: Juli 16, 2008, 19:59:12 »
Gleder meg som alltid til kamp, men jeg prøver å ikke bry meg altfor mye om resultatet. Som Macca sier: Galway er midt i sesongen og nok klart bedre trent enn Leeds er per i dag. Gutta er nok også ganske seige i beina i en tøff periode.

Marching on together!

kjelvi

« Svar #8 på: Juli 16, 2008, 20:44:38 »
Kampen går live på LUTV.

Lagoppstilling:

Ankergren, Richardson, Telfer, Huntington, Sheenan, Howson, Hughes, Johson, Beckford, Showumi, Robinson.
Subs.: Martin, Douglas, Marques, Gardner, Parker, Haber, Michalik.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1345460,00.html

Ferre

« Svar #9 på: Juli 16, 2008, 20:51:57 »
Beckford scorer, men offside.

Ferre

« Svar #10 på: Juli 16, 2008, 20:58:39 »
1-0 Beckford. Fint mål.

Sheridan

« Svar #11 på: Juli 16, 2008, 21:10:42 »
Måltyven er igang  :)

Ferre

« Svar #12 på: Juli 16, 2008, 21:37:56 »

Beckford blir viktig i år! 2-0 nå, Beckford igjen.

Ferre

« Svar #13 på: Juli 16, 2008, 21:42:51 »
Telfer får skryt.

Sheridan

« Svar #14 på: Juli 16, 2008, 21:45:19 »

Beckford blir viktig i år! 2-0 nå, Beckford igjen.

Som sist sesong  :)

Trond90

« Svar #15 på: Juli 16, 2008, 22:08:40 »
Kom nettopp hjem, gledeligt og se at Beckford har putta to :), noen andre som har imponert? sitter og hører resten av kampen nå ;)
We are Leeds, We are Proud, Standing up, Singing loud,
and there's nothing you can do against the Yellow Whites and Blue!

kjelvi

« Svar #16 på: Juli 16, 2008, 22:17:37 »
Beckford brace puts Leeds in control in Galway

Jermaine Beckford has hit both United goals so far this evening as the club kick-off their pre-season tour of Ireland with a game against Galway United. The striker added to his goal against York City last week to continue his prolific start to the pre-season campaign.
After having a goal disallowed for offside on 18 minutes, Beckford did make the scoresheet seven minutes later, tucking the ball home after some good work from the industrious Andy Robinson. The Whites extended their lead with their first attack of the second period, when the club's 20-goal striker from last season made a strong run forward before firing clinically past Galway keeper Kalvin Rouse.
Leeds boss Gary McAllister has made no secret of his intention to bolster his team's attack this season, another new signing is apparently imminent, but he will be no doubt delighted that Beckford is continuing to provide the firepower that shot the club to the League One play-off final in May.

GloryGloryLeedsUnited.com

kjelvi

« Svar #17 på: Juli 16, 2008, 22:19:22 »

Leedsulf

« Svar #18 på: Juli 17, 2008, 01:48:51 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8auVFyFVZQ

To flotte scoringer av Becks, og da spesielt det første.
Lille-Ronaldo, gå og legg deg.

Per-Stian

« Svar #19 på: Juli 17, 2008, 08:43:51 »
Utruleg kjekt at det vert lagt ut bilete frå Irland. Det første målet er veldig vakkert, trass i at førsteforsvararen var noko passiv i presset. 

M

« Svar #20 på: Juli 17, 2008, 10:23:27 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8auVFyFVZQ

To flotte scoringer av Becks, og da spesielt det første.
Lille-Ronaldo, gå og legg deg.

utrolig fint første mål , fin finte !
forsvareren har ikke sjangs fordi han har tyngden på andre foten fordi han lurer han .
bedre en ronaldo etter mine øyne  ;D
LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS

kjelvi

« Svar #21 på: Juli 17, 2008, 10:38:50 »
Becks back in the goal groove

Jermaine Beckford applauds the fans after scoring his second goal against Galway

Galway United 0 Leeds United 2
The 20 goals accrued by Jermaine Beckford last season gave the striker both a badge of honour and a rod with which to beat his own back.
In becoming the first Leeds United player since 2003 to amass that figure in a single league campaign, Beckford was deservedly showered with awards from his club and the Football League alike towards the end of the the 2007-08 season.
But at the end of his most successful year as a professional the question asked of Beckford was certain to be whether his prolific performance was a one-off success or an indication of his true quality and potential.
After two pre-season games, the debate has already swung in the 24-year-old's favour.
Beckford has encountered, and will encounter, more proficient opposition than York City and Galway United, but the three goals taken by him during little more than 100 minutes of friendly football speak of a player whose engine is warming up rapidly.
Leeds United's manager, Gary McAllister, joked last night – after Beckford's brace brought about a 2-0 victory over Galway – that the striker might be peaking too soon, but he was more serious when he stressed the need to find suitable support for his most prolific squad member.
Beckford can be relied upon for goals next season and a return of 20 for the second year running is a wholly realistic aim.
What McAllister cannot have failed to realise is that a signing which complements him perfectly could virtually facilitate Leeds' promotion from a division the club did not wish to be in next term and can tolerate for no longer than another 12 months.
A sharp finish from the striker after 26 minutes provided United's first goal at Terryland Park in County Galway last night, and his deflected strike 20 seconds into the second half guaranteed a winning start to the club's tour of southern Ireland and their first victory of the summer.
United's visit to York last Friday, when they were held to a 1-1 draw, was little more than a fitness exercise, and their game in Galway took on much the same guise, but the make up of McAllister's starting line-up yesterday proved that he is already looking for players to begin jostling for position with the first game of the new season little more than three weeks away.
Paul Telfer, one of Leeds' touring trialists, was included at centre-back and remained on the field for 73 minutes, but the remainder of the side was not unimaginable as a possible team that McAllister might select when the season begins at Glanford Park next month.
Telfer, too, has the potential to be involved at that competitive stage and his first meaningful display in Galway, some six months after toe surgery, did not mark him out as a player who has passed over the hill. His fitness, at the age of 37, looked respectable and his physical condition was as McAllister would desire.
Telfer's sharpness, meanwhile, was demonstrated in the 58th minute by an urgent recovery and sliding tackle on Galway's Derek Glynn which thwarted a goalscoring chance while avoiding the concession of a penalty.
His contribution was arguably the most intriguing factor for McAllister to consider but it was Beckford – as he did so often last season – who successfully stole the show.
The striker's goals were the two moments of class in a committed, but scrappy, friendly which would have brought him a hat-trick had it not been for an offside flag raised against him while the fixture was goalless.
Jeff Kenna, the former Blackburn Rovers defender and Galway's manager, promised beforehand that United would be given "a game" – his way of confirming that the hosts intended to provide real opposition – and for 26 minutes the contest was played out in an even fashion.
Galway's tackling and passing initially showed more bite than that of Leeds', perhaps understandably given that the eircom Premier Division club are halfway through their domestic season, but Kenna was in the eye of the storm when Beckford gained Leeds the initiative with the match creeping towards the end of its first half-hour.
Such is Galway's financial predicament and shortage of players that Kenna re-registered himself as a player on Tuesday, in time to play at right-back from the first whistle last night.
His self-assurance was tangible in the early stages, but it was Kenna's side of Galway's defence that Beckford breached in the 26th minute.
Andy Robinson's swift pass from the centre of midfield gave Beckford room to sprint into the edge of Galway's box and the striker's skill and balance took him to the near post where his low shot squirmed beneath the hand of goalkeeper Alvin Rouse.
Beckford had already ruffled Rouse's net by curling home Bradley Johnson's through-ball from an offside position seven minutes earlier, and though Galway imposed themselves admirably for a team who lie at the foot of their domestic division United's chances were the source of greater promise.
Enoch Showunmi headed Alan Sheehan's curling delivery over the crossbar two minutes before Beckford's goal, an opportunity created by Jonathan Howson's incisive pass to the left wing, and Leeds finished the first half with shots from Howson and Sheehan which left Rouse untroubled.
Galway's most encouraging effort of the opening 45 minutes fell to Dutch striker Danni Konig, whose glancing header asked Casper Ankergren to nudge the ball past the post with his fingertips, but the home side had not had time to settle at the start of the second half when Beckford's second goal confirmed the final result.
Kenna's players conceded the ball immediately from the kick-off and possession passed from Andrew Hughes to Showunmi who slipped it to Beckford inside the box.
The striker checked his stride in time to steer the ball towards the far corner of Galway's goal and his delicate finish flew into the net with the aid of a deflection off the head of Alan Keane.
Galway, who until then were presenting Leeds with an honest performance which lacked technical finesse, had reverted to a team consisting largely of reserves at half-time and never threatened to force the positive result that Kenna desired.
Robinson tested Gary Rogers, Galway's substitute goalkeeper, with a low shot, and Galway's clearest opening was passed up on the hour by Cian McBrien who shot wide of an open goal after a defensive error drew Ankergren off his line.
Keane wasted a similarly good chance late on, slicing his finish wide of the post eight yards from goal.
But when the 63rd minute brought five Leeds substitutions, followed by a further four 10 minutes later, the rhythm of the game was lost and the outcome became a formality.
The lull left United to enjoy a satisfying result, and an acceptable performance, inspired by a familiar match-winner whose taste for goals has not diminished.

Leeds United:
Ankergren (Martin 73), Richardson (Parker 73), Telfer (Michalik 73), Huntington, Sheehan (Gardner 73), Hughes (Prutton 63), Howson (Sweeney 63), Johnson (Bayly 63), Robinson (Douglas 63), Showunmi, Beckford (Haber 63). Subs (not used): Marques.

YEP

kjelvi

« Svar #22 på: Juli 17, 2008, 10:48:02 »
Leeds defeat United

Leeds United came away from Terryland Park with a 2-0 victory over United in Terryland Park. Two goals by Jermaine Beckford was enough to give Gary McAllister's side an opening win in their Irish tour.
Leeds opened the scoring in the 25th minute after Andy Robinson sent Beckford away down the left. United's player/ manager Jeff Kenna almost held off the striker, but his powerful low driven beat Alvin Rouse.
United made eight changes at half-time and they were caught cold by Beckford's second goal 30 seconds into the half. Beckford again caused probelms down the left and powered into the box and gave Gary Rogers little chance.
The introduction of Derek Glynn in the second half gave the Leeds backline some probelms and they were not comfortable with the pace of the United front man.
Late on United missed a great chance to get a goal back when Alan Keane failed to convert from close range following a corner.

galwayunitedfc.ie

kjelvi

« Svar #23 på: Juli 17, 2008, 11:42:11 »
Becks Makes It Thee In Two To Suggest He's No One-Off
http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle.aspx?artid=13662_3828879&id=42

Galway v Leeds United - The match report
http://www.fansonline.net/leedsunited/article.php?id=252

kjelvi

« Svar #24 på: Juli 17, 2008, 12:20:07 »

Dennis

« Svar #25 på: Juli 17, 2008, 19:06:41 »
Var skuffet over Jermaine Beckfords innsats den siste tiden i fjor, da snakker jeg også om tiden før skadene som holdt han unna toppformen i play off-tiden.

Men når jeg ser slike mål som dette, dog i en treningskamp, håper jeg for Guds skyld at vi beholder han! 20 mål i fjor, kan bli langt fler neste år!
Marching on together!