Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs Yeovil Town, lørdag 02.11.13 kl 16:00  (Lest 33313 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Sydhagen

Sv: KAMP: vs Yeovil Town, lørdag 02.11.13 kl 16:00
« Svar #210 på: November 02, 2013, 18:45:39 »
Blir vel Pugh på venstrebacken mot Charlton da.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #211 på: November 02, 2013, 18:55:58 »
Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY  5m 
#lufc Ross McCormack:"The goals are nice but Rudi took the game by the scruff of the neck and it needed it."

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY  4m 
#lufc McCormack tells @bbcleeds:"The gaffer had a few choice words at half time but he knows what to say to players."

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY  2m 
#lufc McCormack after taking goal tally to 8:"I've had some stick for not scoring enough but I've made a career out of proving people wrong"
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #212 på: November 02, 2013, 18:57:42 »
From the terraces:
We were poor today, especially in the first half, but after the first goal we were always in control. Nobody had a great game but Austin and McCormack made the difference in the end, combining well for both goals. Smith wasn't getting much service, the midfield was poor for the majority of the game and Peltier absolutely clueless in the opposition's half. Blackstock did well when he came on and was perhaps unlucky not to have a goal himself.

Defensively Lees got caught out down the side a few times and Zaliukas was a bit risky with the ball at his feet on more than one occasion but were pretty solid other than that, Pearce was the pick of the defensive players for me, made a couple of great clearances and won every header at centre back before doing everything asked of him in a position he's not suited to, causing problems from the long diagonal.

Yeovil looked better than Shef Wed, Bournemouth and Birmingham to me so not the worst team to come to Elland Road this season and in the end it was a game that you can be happy we played poorly in and still won comfortably.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Siste redigering: November 02, 2013, 19:38:24 av Rudi G. »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #214 på: November 02, 2013, 20:02:21 »
We ground out win - McDermott

Leeds manager Brian McDermott felt his side ground out their 2-0 win over Yeovil in the Sky Bet Championship at Elland Road.

Two-goal Ross McCormack took the glory but Leeds captain Rodolph Austin was the driving force behind the victory.
 After a first half stalemate, Austin grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and turned it Leeds' way with a virtuoso midfield display that delighted manager McDermott and left Yeovil boss Gary Johnson wishing he had a player of that quality.

First Austin drove through a retreating defence and McCormack pulled the trigger from eight yards three minutes into the second half.

Nineteen minutes later Jamaican international Austin threaded the ball through for McCormack to fire past keeper Wayne Hennessey from 18 yards and take his goal tally for the season to eight.
 McDermott said: "In the first half we were edgy and there was a tension around the place after our defeat at Huddersfield, but the fans stuck by us and we played some good stuff in the second half.
 "Ross scored two fantastic goals and our captain really stepped up to the mark when we needed him, causing them lots of problems. He is the ultimate team man."

McDermott added: "It was a tough game and there was not much football played in the first half. In the Championship you have to grind it out at times and we did that. After the second goal we could have gone on to double our score but we are happy with a clean sheet.

"If we can be there or thereabouts at Christmas it will be interesting. We have some good young players who are learning all the time and we are close to where we want to be."
http://www.clubcall.com/leeds-united/we-ground-out-win---mcdermott-1658757.html

...og ofte kan det være nyttig å høre hva motstanderens manager har og si :)

Johnson: We lacked killer instinct

Yeovil boss Gary Johnson bemoaned his side's lack of killer instinct in front of goal as they were beaten 2-0 by Leeds.
Johnson: We lacked killer instinct
Two-goal Ross McCormack took the glory but their captain Rodolph Austin was the driving force behind the victory.
 Johnson said: "We lived with the opposition for much of the time and didn't park the bus, but we need that killer instinct.
 "All managers know who those players are and where they are but you need the finances to go out and get them.
 "Austin and McCormack won the game for Leeds with their quality. We can't bring in ready-made Championship goalscorers but we don't cry over it.
 "We just have to hope our boys learn and improve quickly. We lack experience but that is something we will gain all the time so hopefully we will have a great second half of the season.
 "We showed we have a performance in us with our win over Nottingham Forest which followed a draw against Brighton, but Leeds' quality came to the fore."
« Siste redigering: November 02, 2013, 20:08:57 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #215 på: November 02, 2013, 20:48:38 »
Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY  10m 
#lufc Favourite quote from Bri Mac today "I had a word with Marius for doing nutmegs by his own area. He won't be doing it again."

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Rudi G.

• Gjest

sportcarl1

« Svar #217 på: November 02, 2013, 23:57:28 »
McDermot out!!

Inn med DOL

OHHHHH BRIAN McDERMOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Innse realiteten!! Spilleren er PROBLEMET. Jeeeezezz, vi har hatt manager etter manager, folk må slutte å syte! Det er spillerne!

så lät det inte från dig när vi hade warnock, eller från andra här när vi hade grayson och mcallister

Gufrias

« Svar #218 på: November 03, 2013, 07:59:20 »
McDermot out!!

Inn med DOL

Innse realiteten!! Spilleren er PROBLEMET. Jeeeezezz, vi har hatt manager etter manager, folk må slutte å syte! Det er spillerne!

så lät det inte från dig när vi hade warnock, eller från andra här när vi hade grayson och mcallister
Det kan jo tenkes at han har mer tro på McDermott enn han hadde på Warnock.

Det har jeg også, forresten. (Uavhengig av hvilke resultater de har oppnådd på banen.)
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

columbi

« Svar #219 på: November 03, 2013, 08:05:11 »
 satt ringside på lørdag. Yeovil var et tamt lag, og bortsett fra første 20 min i 2 omgang, var Leeds heller ikke noe å skryte av.  Austin var god, Smith var svak og Blackstroke var intessant da han kom inn. Og Ross hadde selvsagt evnen til å omsette i 2 flotte mål. 25.000 på tribunen var bra. Savnet ordentlig vingspill.  Pearce fungerte som offensiv back i 2 omgang på venstresiden. Austin forsøkte en del skudd fra distanse, men ingen vel mellom stengene. Færre nordmenn enn ved tidligere besøk på Commercial, men Kjempetrøkk på The Peacock. Blitt flott etter omgjøringen.

Andersen

« Svar #220 på: November 03, 2013, 12:44:43 »
Deles heldigvis ikke ut stilpoeng i fotball , ! av mange her inne leser jeg at Leeds spillte dårlig, men la oss heller glede oss over målene og 3 poeng i kampen mot Yeovil, det er poengene som teller, og om vi kan være med i topp 6 utover i sesongen . Så får det heller være at vi spillte  ræva, men vi vant, er det eneste som betyr noe for meg. Statistisk sett skal vi ryke borte mot Charlton, spiller vi ræva der borte også , men vinner er jeg fornøyd ! LEEDS4 EVER.

Hobben

« Svar #221 på: November 03, 2013, 16:53:50 »
McDermot out!!

Inn med DOL

Det kan jo tenkes at han har mer tro på McDermott enn han hadde på Warnock.

Det har jeg også, forresten. (Uavhengig av hvilke resultater de har oppnådd på banen.)

Jeg var mot Neil Warnock og for Simon Grayson! Grayson hadde tatt oss til PlayOff det året om ikke smurfen hadde sparken..!
Rogaland Whites

baste

« Svar #222 på: November 03, 2013, 17:47:13 »
Kanskje litt barnslig, men det gleda mitt Leeds hjerte at Norwich får litt bank.

Fly forbanna på Leeds, som ikke tar tak i matchen på hjemmebane

Ønsker alle våre tidligere helter alt godt!

The Germans have a word for it – and as usual it’s a long and clunky one. Schadenfreude. It means delighting in the suffering of others and it’s not something, gentle reader, to which I’m usually prone – you’ll be relieved to hear.  But football is the modern take on the gladiatorial arena, in which you are able to see those you despise suffer, and can relish the fact of it without losing your essential humanity.  Or so I tell myself.  The unvarnished truth is that I want to see Norwich City have a shocking season, culminating in relegation.  I’d love to see us displace them in the top flight, but at a push, meeting them again in the Championship would do – ideally with Snods and maybe Johnny Howson back in white shirts as is only right and decent.  If what goes around really does come around, maybe that might happen.  On yesterday’s evidence of their slaughter at the Etihad, it’s not impossible.

GeirO

« Svar #223 på: November 03, 2013, 21:03:55 »
To meget bra prestasjoner av McC!!!!
MOT

Leedsfan

« Svar #224 på: November 04, 2013, 06:25:51 »

....og Austin!!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #225 på: November 04, 2013, 18:20:58 »
Highlights;

Jon R

« Svar #226 på: November 04, 2013, 18:26:16 »

....og Austin!!

.....vårt nye offensive radarpar!   :o ;D
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #227 på: November 04, 2013, 21:53:38 »
At jeg syns Moscowhite er verdt å leses, er intet nytt. Her fra Yeovil-kampen
(PS! trykk på linken nederst om du også unner deg alle de flotte gif'ene han også legger ut!!!)

Captain Austin impresses in Yeovil win

You hear a lot from football managers about ‘collective responsibility’. Football is a team game, if not a squad game, and playing as a team is what gets you results.

But it’s not really possible for 11 players to all be taking an equal amount of responsibility at once. That’s why football has captains and stars. You don’t need every one of the first 11 charging at a loose ball yelling ‘mine!’ to win a game. You just need the right players to take the right amount of responsibility in the right areas.

Left wing back is not Jason Pearce’s right area. The first half had already been a struggle, for the fans to watch as much as for the players to play. It’s a credit to him, but also a worry to us, how much Leeds miss Sam Byram when he doesn’t play; only 28% of our attacking play was down the right, compared to 46% against Huddersfield, and it didn’t feel like the discrepancy was being made up anywhere else on the pitch. An injury to Stephen Warnock effectively bust the 3-5-2 formation, and while he hobbled on in the name to tactics, Yeovil began to dominate.

It didn’t help that Pearce seemed to be the last person on the pitch to have noticed that Warnock was a passenger; Yeovil certainly noticed, and directed attack after attack down their right wing, as Pearce waved his arms frantically at Warnock, bemused why his left back was leaving him so exposed. That Pearce had to take over at left wing back when Warnock eventually limped off seemed like a kind of justice - go on, you do it then - but gave me, frankly, the fear.

Zaliukas Lees.gif

The net result was a clean sheet. The first choice defence had let in three irritating goals at Huddersfield, but the unbalanced scratch group with Peltier on one side and Pearce on the other held out. Perhaps we need to play the ‘only Yeovil’ card, but the way Pearce gamely met the challenge, and the influence of Marius Zaliukas, kept things solid. Zaliukas had a relatively quiet debut, and threw in a couple of mistakes to keep things interested, but as former captain of Hearts he’s clearly used to being in charge; at one moment, a clear point and shout directed Tom Lees to danger and prevented the kind of playground defending that shamed them all at Derby.

Smith Miss Slomo.gif

In midfield it was our current captain who took charge. It’s hard for Rudy Austin to lead by example, when he does so much daft stuff; we don’t want Alex Mowatt to blindly follow his skipper in shooting from forty yards, and passing the ball with all the subtlety of Lucy van Pelt playing croquet against Charlie Brown. But when it comes to taking a match by the scruff and forcing a team on to victory, there’s nobody I’d rather have our players look to than The Beast. The half time talk seemed to galvanise him, but really he was already dominating the Yeovil half of the field; you wonder if it was part of their plan to let him shoot harmlessly from distance, but the shots were flying around, while one head-down-charge down the left produced a cross that Matt Smith, with Dexter Blackstock waiting on the bench, should have scored.

First Goal.gif

Those runs are what make Austin so dangerous, and while I love watching him shoot from everywhere, he stands a much better chance of making a goal when he puts his head down and pounds through the space in front of him. Defenders are more frightened of him than of the ball. Neil Warnock used to employ the hoof to get the ball up the field quickly; if he wanted to turn defence quickly into attack, he should have just let Rudy have the ball and run. From his own defensive third to the edge of the penalty area in just enough to get 25,000 fans to their feet, with their fists clenched, yelling ‘Go on Rudy!’; then, with Smith or McCormack to choose from, a pass to the right to put McCormack through. Perhaps as pumped up by watching Rudy run as the rest of us, McCormack took one touch before hammering the ball through Wayne Hennessy in Yeovil’s goal, then headed off to do some damage to an advertising hoarding.

Second Goal.gif

Rudy Hi-5.gif

The second goal was again down to Austin’s power. The 101 Great Goals website has been collecting photos of Barcelona’s Iniesta surrounded by defenders, imitating the classic shot of Maradona v Belgium and wondering how he would ever get through them all (he always does); here Austin was fed by Zaliukas with his back to goal and, if the shutter clicked at the right moment from the right angle, you might have captured a half dozen Yeovil players around him and no team mate in sight. When Austin is in this mood, that’s not a problem. He doesn’t turn as deftly as Iniesta, but neither does an oil tanker, and woe betide anyone who gets in his way. The through ball to McCormack was another one in the eye of anyone who says Austin can’t pass; McCormack’s placed shot a jab at anyone who says he can’t finish.

It’s not clear who exactly has been jabbing at Ross McCormack lately, but his reactions to both goals suggested he was out to prove something to someone. The way he laser-beamed the Kop after the first goal suggested he has their seat number, though. That was after he’d already booted an advertising hoarding, and although he seemed a bit more chilled about the second goal, he still caught the ball on the rebound and volleyed it to the back of N10 as he made his way towards the fans. Maybe it was his way of showing he’s happy?

Ross Kick.gif

After the game McCormack said, “I've had some stick for not scoring enough but I've made a career out of proving people wrong,” and seven goals this season is already two better than last year. While the new look defence and midfield have been the focus of the change to 3-5-2, and the form of Matt Smith and arrival of Dexter Blackstock have dominated talk up front, McCormack has been quietly moved into a traditional front two and begun to see the benefits. Austin made his impact on Saturday in attacking positions that for much of this season have been filled by McCormack, but McCormack was often the furthest player forward; against Sheffield Wednesday he effectively had to pass to himself to create a goal. With the playmaking role back in the hands of the midfielders, it’s McCormack’s responsibility to be in the right positions to receive a pass and score.

Whether it’s his responsibility to pay for the damage to the pitchside adverts is a matter for the groundstaff, but I would pay it myself to watch Austin - McCormack - goal, Austin - McCormack goal for the rest of this season. I would expect a discount for watching Jason Pearce play wing back, though.

http://www.thesquareball.net/2013/11/04/captain-austin-impresses-in-yeovil-win/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan