Skrevet av Emne: Promotion 2015-16  (Lest 1041 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Promotion 2015-16
« på: Mars 12, 2015, 21:56:00 »
Massimo Cellino, den suspenderte presidenten i Leeds United, lovet opprykk innen 2 år. Lagets form siden jul har fått de såkalte ekspertene til å blåse opp luftslottet "opprykk"!

Er vi gode nok? Hva skal til for å skape en sammensveiset gjeng som både tror på og kan gjennomføre et opprykk til det forgjengere land - Premiere League?

Headcoachen tror klubben har potensiale nok. Snakker han seg selv opp?

Redfearn wants promotion challenge next season

Leeds United head coach Neil Redfearn says he wants to see the side challenging for promotion next season.

Leeds are amongst the form sides in the championship in 2015 and they have proved on their day that they can beat the top sides having done the double over Bournemouth, beaten Ipswich Town and Derby County at Elland Road and Middlesbrough on their travels, sides that are all challenging for automatic promotion.

"We want to be challenging next season," Redfearn told his press conference ahead of the game against Nottingham Forest this weekend.

"We have now proved on our day this season that we can beat the sides up there. I think we have beaten the majority at some point in the top six.

"We are capable. Being capable in one game and being capable over the season are two different things, we need to learn to be consistent, and we need to pick up results consistently."

Leeds know a win over Nottingham Forest at Elland Road on Saturday could lift them into the top half of the championship table. Redfearn is looking to be the first Leeds manager to lead the club to a top half of the table finish since Simon Grayson`s side finished seventh in their first season back in the Championship in 2010/11.

It would be a dramatic turnaround in a turbulent season at Elland Road. Leeds had three different managers in the opening eleven weeks of the season, this following a summer that saw the club bring in fifteen new players with many of those coming from across Europe.

The ownership of the club has also come under close scrutiny with owner Massimo Cellino being barred by the Football League having any involvement with the club and they were also hit with a transfer embargo in January.

The defeat at Derby County in their final game of 2014 saw them hovering above the relegation zone following a run of just one point from five games in December and with so many off field problems, many were fearing the worst in the second half of the season.

A change of formation and the return of a number of players who looked surplus to requirements in the first half of the season heralded a resurgent Leeds side this year. Leeds have picked up 23 points from their eleven games so far this year and they will hope to keep their run going when Nottingham Forest visit Elland Road on Saturday, knowing a win could lift them into the top half of the table.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=392291#ixzz3UCsY7AKR
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Jon R

Sv: Promotion 2015-16
« Svar #1 på: Mars 13, 2015, 01:42:12 »
Snakke seg selv opp? Hvem ønsker en  head-coach som ikke har ambisjoner?  :o
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #2 på: Mars 13, 2015, 10:01:49 »
Hvis Cook og Byram får nye kontrakter samt at Bamba og Austin også signerer så ser det bra ut med de som allerede er der.

Hvis det i tillegg signeres 3-4 nye kvalitetsspillere i de rette posisjonene så kan alt skje.

Unggutta vi har gjør meg heller ikke mindre optimistisk.

Jeg føler at det eneste som kan ødelegge for oss neste sesong er mere uro utenfor banen som gjør at Byram, Cook og Mowatt forsvinner samt at spillere som Austin og Bamba med flere vil dra i stedet for å bli.
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Cherry

« Svar #3 på: Mars 13, 2015, 13:13:00 »
Mye vil bli avgjort ift spillere/unggutter som blir værende og skriver nye kontrakter HVIS Redfearn får ny kontrakt nå etter sesongen.....hvis ikke er jeg redd flere av de blir solgt/forsvinner.

Cellino er jo en løs kanon på dekk, han har sikkert sine ideèr om dette allerede - men bør jo ta innover seg den jobben som Neil nå får til med poengfangst, og måten og spille på i Championship.

Massimo "ødela" jo mye av starten vår med Hockaday ved roret, reddet seg inn med Redfearn - før han ut av det blå ansatte Milanic som skjønte ennå mindre enn ham selv - av fotballen som spilles i denne divisjonen. Vi tapte opprykkskampen i denne perioden...ikke det at jeg er sikker på at vi hadde vært topp 6 nå - men vi hadde vært på skuddhold!

Så får vi se om han holder ord med at vi skal til PL ila neste sesong, med transferkitty Coach`n vår får og rutte med ved sesongslutt/oppkjøringen.