Skrevet av Emne: PRE-SEASON: vs Guiseley @ Nethermoor, 8/7-2017  (Lest 3884 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: PRE-SEASON: vs Guiseley @ Nethermoor, 8/7-2017
« Svar #30 på: Juli 08, 2017, 19:50:53 »
Thomas Feaheny‏ @ThomasFeaheny  2h
2 hours ago

Thomas Christiansen "These fans are incredible, this was my 1st experience, my team is away but the atmosphere was a home game" #lufc
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #31 på: Juli 08, 2017, 19:52:32 »
Christiansen pleased with squad's attitude
Leeds head coach Thomas Christiansen satisfied with performance in 5-1 win over Guiseley.
Release date:
8 July 2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0584cmp
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #32 på: Juli 08, 2017, 19:52:53 »
Match Report: Leeds United coast to comprehensive win over Guiseley
Saturday, 8th Jul 2017 18:02 by @LucasMonk_

In their second outing of pre-season under the tutelage of their recently installed head coach, Thomas Christiansen, the Leeds United players emerged from today's meeting with Guiseley as 5-1 victors.

TweetFacebookLinkedInEmailShareThis
On a glorious summer's afternoon at Nethemoor Park, goals from winger Stuart Dallas (2) in addition to further efforts from forwards Lee Erwin (2) and Marcus Antonsson ensured that Leeds United emerged from their latest pre-season encounter as comfortable victors .

Line-ups

Leeds United (First-Half, 4-2-3-1) - Green; Ayling, Bellusci, Jansson, Denton; O'Kane, Phillips; Dallas, Hernandez, Roofe; Antonsson.

Leeds United (Second-Half, 4-3-3) - Wiedwald; McKay, Diagouraga, Cooper, Berardi; Vieira, Bridcutt, Gomes; Sacko, Doukara, Erwin.

Guiseley - Maxted; Taylor, Williams, Trialist, Palmer; Lawlor, Trialist, Hatfield, Thompson; Trialist, Trialist.

First-Half

Leeds, who were without the services of midfielders Mateusz Klich and Vurnon Anita, made a sprightly start to the match with Stuart Dallas opening the scoring with not even a minute elapsed. The Northern Ireland international, 26, expertly lashed the ball into the top-left corner with considerable aplomb.

Following the goal, opportunities to further increase the margin of United's lead were soon presented to Marcus Antonsson and defender Luke Ayling respectively; a Eunan O'Kane through-ball narrowly evaded the former before Ayling curled an effort marginally wide of the far post after cutting infield from the right channel.

The Whites would double their lead with 27 minutes played with Dallas scoring his second of the match with another sumptuous strike that meandered in the air, giving Guiseley 'keeper Jonny Maxted no chance of preventing a second visiting goal.

Leeds would, though, suffer a minor setback immediately after increasing their advantage. An unnamed trialist superbly found the top-right corner from inside the penalty area in a manoeuvre that will doubtless have impressed his potential employers.

Not content with the now slender size of their lead over their National League opponents, Thomas Christiansen's charges worked assiduously to respond in a professional manner and were soon in the ascendancy just five minutes later. After a mesmeric run into the opposing area by Pablo Hernandez, well-placed was Swedish striker Antonsson who calmly converted from close-range to hand his side a 3-1 advantage.

With half-time fast approaching and the match in its 44th minute, Antonsson came excruciatingly close to scoring once more with a header; unfortunately for the Swede, an attentive Maxted was able to save well to spare his team an increased deficit.

Second-Half

For the second period, head coach Thomas Christiansen elected to make overarching changes to his side. On came no less than 11 substitutes, among them were recent signing Madger Gomes, last-season's club captain Liam Bridcutt and tireless forward Souleymane Doukara.

A mere 13 second-half minutes passed before the substitutions of the former Apoel Nicosia impresario took effect. The aforementioned Gomes had gone close just a minute into the half, but on 58 minutes Lee Erwin, who netted in United's last outing against Harrogate, made it four for United; after he converted Hadi Sacko's driven, low cross from the right.

10 minutes passed before Gomes, a Spanish left-winger acquired on a free transfer from Liverpool last month, chanced his arm from close proximity after a square ball from Sacko. If not for the vital contribution of home defender Danny East, the 20-year-old would mos t certainly have scored a fifth for the Whites.

With Guiseley now heavily fatigued and the game nearing its conclusion, Erwin would score his third goal in two matches after poking home a rebound following an initial effort from Doukara.

Full-Time: Post-Match Analysis

An expectedly comprehensive, perhaps even facile, victory for Thomas Christiansen in only his second outing as Leeds United head coach. With it, an ideal outcome too.

Zilch in the way of injuries, a full-half of football for the 22 players involved and crucially, a clear display of his side's determination to deliver for the Leeds United supporters in the forthcoming season.

The Whites emerge from this encounter with much credit for their diligence and professional approach toward the match, and will now look forth to Wednesday's visit to North Ferriby United.

"TO ELL AND BACK"
« Siste redigering: Juli 08, 2017, 19:55:40 av Hallgeir * »
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #33 på: Juli 08, 2017, 20:02:07 »
Leeds United: Whites cruise to pre-season victory at Guiseley

16:50
Pablo Hernandez and Stuart Dallas celebrate Dallas' opening goal.
Pablo Hernandez and Stuart Dallas celebrate Dallas' opening goal.
16:56 Saturday 08 July 2017

Stuart Dallas’ first-half brace set Leeds United up for their second pre-season victory away at Guiseley this afternoon.

The Northern Ireland international produced two sweet finishes inside half-an-hour to put Leeds on course for an easy 5-1 win at Nethermoor.

Marcus Antonsson (right) is on hand to give United a 3-1 lead.
Marcus Antonsson (right) is on hand to give United a 3-1 lead.
Dallas’ opener came in the first minute of a friendly which played out in warm sunshine and followed up United’s 4-2 victory over Harrogate Town at Thorp Arch on Wednesday.

Marcus Antonsson and Lee Erwin added further goals as Thomas Christiansen’s players dominated non-league opponents who were appearing for the first time since rescuing their National League status with virtually the final kick of last season.

A satisfying performance was tainted by a spat between defender Giuseppe Bellusci and sections of the crowd who booed the Italian and aimed chants at him during his 45-minute outing before half-time.

Bellusci signed a number of autographs during the interval before walking down the tunnel but midway through the second half he tweeted: “Fortunately in this world we have the children to set an example to the adults!”

Stuart Dallas on target in United's victory at Guiseley
Stuart Dallas on target in United's victory at Guiseley
United took the lead with the first attack of the game, striking through Dallas after 22 seconds.

Eunan O’Kane won the ball from ex-United player Alex Purver in midfield and fed a pass out to Dallas who found the top corner of Jonny Maxted’s net with a curling finish from the left.

Pablo Hernandez should have doubled United’s lead soon after but lashed an 18-yard shot over the crossbar. Leeds, however, were rarely troubled and goalkeeper Rob Green saw out most of the opening half-hour without a shot to save. Luke Ayling went close to increasing United’s lead with a shot beyond Maxted’s far post on 20 minutes.

Dallas found the net again seven minutes later, beating Maxted in near identical fashion after Ayling hooked in a right-wing cross but Guiseley pulled a goal back almost immediately as one of the seven trialists in their squad smashed a vicious shot across Green.

Antonsson, who played as a lone striker, re-established Leeds’ two-goal advantage on 33 minutes when tricky play from Hernandez set him up with a tap-in.

Christiansen used the same approach as he had in Wednesday’s behind-closed-doors win over Harrogate, naming a different team for each half at Nethermoor.

Recent arrival Mateusz Klich was unexpectedly missing from the travelling squad but O’Kane and Pontus Jansson made their first appearances of the summer.

New signing Vurnon Anita, who signed a three-year contract on Thursday, completed a training session before kick-off at Nethermoor but was not involved in the friendly.

Youngster Madger Gomes drove a good chance narrowly wide at the start of the second period but Erwin scored for the second time in two games just before the hour, angling a 12-yard shot inside the far post.

Guiseley struggled to threaten Green’s replacement, Felix Wiedwald, and Erwin rounded off the scoring when he slotted home the rebound after Souleymane Doukara's volley was parried.

United’s management were joined at Nethermoor by Paul Butler, the former Doncaster Rovers first-team coach who has arrived at Leeds in the same role.

Leeds United (first half): Green, Ayling, Bellusci, Jansson, Denton, Dallas, O'Kane, Phillips, Hernandez, Roofe, Antonsson.

Leeds United (second half): Wiedwald, P McKay, Cooper (Shaughnessy 85), Diagouraga, Berardi, Vieira, Bridcutt, Gomes, Sacko, Doukara, Erwin.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Kato

« Svar #34 på: Juli 08, 2017, 22:07:51 »
Oppsummerer det jeg har lest på nettet:

Wiedwald mye involvert med beina. Sweeper.
Pontus og Bellusci gode bak i midten.
Berardi veldig god.
Bridcutt glimrende som kaptein sentralt.
Dallas igjen svært involvert i scoringer.
Erwin man of the match.

Eriksen55

« Svar #35 på: Juli 08, 2017, 22:27:15 »
Oppsummerer det jeg har lest på nettet:

Wiedwald mye involvert med beina. Sweeper.
Pontus og Bellusci gode bak i midten.
Berardi veldig god.
Bridcutt glimrende som kaptein sentralt.
Dallas igjen svært involvert i scoringer.
Erwin man of the match.

Kanskje Gomez er bedre enn vi tror.
Kan Erwin være back-up for Wood?
Kan Dallas heve seg mot bedre motstandere også.
Blir Berardi venstrebacken våres, med Anita, Alioski og Denton som back-up..holder det?
Vil Bridcutt løfte spillet sitt og komme lenger frem i banen med Anita og/eller Klich

Hvis ja på alt, så har vi en sterk stall med bra konkurranse på mange plasser :)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #36 på: Juli 08, 2017, 22:40:08 »
Adam Pope

Dallas/O'Kane in 1st. Berardi in 2nd due to his uber professional attitude & desire.

Good combo stuff between Ayling & Roofe.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #38 på: Juli 09, 2017, 11:03:43 »
Galway native Conor Shaughnessy who played the last 5+ minutes for United at Guiseley yesterday.
Gerry. fb.me/9bBaGZLt0
Min første Leeds-kamp: