Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa  (Lest 400571 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 3 gjester leser dette emnet.

ar9

Sv: Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa
« Svar #30 på: Juni 15, 2018, 13:33:16 »
Har ikke lest innlegga her. Men ble som de fleste andre dritt lei alle Twitter postinger om imminent, så og si klar, mangler bare fjærpenn og forsegling etc....

Har gleda meg så j..... til at emnetittelen ble endret.
Og nå er endelig julekvelden her og vi kan se frem mot neste sesong.

roaldv

« Svar #31 på: Juni 15, 2018, 13:33:56 »
Dette er ikke en dag for kaldt vann i blodet :) Vanvittig spennende, og spektakulært ;D ;D

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #32 på: Juni 15, 2018, 13:47:56 »
Jeg merker jeg har litt mer troen på det nå enn når Heckingbottom ble ansatt.  :o
hehe...årets understatement?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #34 på: Juni 15, 2018, 14:16:35 »
Who is Marcelo Bielsa?

Pitch perfect

Bielsa is known to check pitch measurements before matches. He waits upon deciding on a particular formation until he paces out the pitch. Bielsa's unorthodox approach also stretches to almost obsessive use of videos - editing and analysing for each player - and allocating separate training times for different parts of his squad, with the defenders, midfielders and strikers working alone.

Pep talk

Bielsa has no shortage of football disciples but perhaps his greatest supporter is Pep Guardiola. The Manchester City manager travelled to Argentina for a meeting with Bielsa in 2006 prior to taking charge of Barcelona. "My admiration for Bielsa is immense," Guardiola reportedly said. "I have never met a player who has worked with Bielsa and has spoken badly of him. For me he is the best coach in the world."

Trademark tactics

If Bielsa follows his principles expect Leeds to line up in his trademark 3-3-1-3 formation. It is a system which has flummoxed many an opponent and is based on aggressive pressing of the ball and intelligent positioning both in defence and attack. Bielsa also likes to employ a 4-2-3-1 system and demands a huge work rate, which can sometimes put him at odds with his players.

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #35 på: Juni 15, 2018, 14:29:13 »

;D

El Loco eller El Profesor
Min første Leeds-kamp:

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #36 på: Juni 15, 2018, 14:29:49 »
Det kommer helt sikkert noen enormt spennende signeringer. Mascherano? Vant OL-gull under Bielsa :D

Men, det viktigste, som Guardiola påpeker, er at han gjør spillere bedre. Han gjør gull ut av gråstein, og gråstein har jo vi mye av. Kan O`Kane plutselig bli en stjerne? Phillips blir det uansett. Blir Vieira en av 3 midtstoppere? Bielsa er ikkje så opptatt av at dei som spiller bak er høye, kanskje Jansson passer dårlig inn i spillemåten? Herre min gud, dette skal bli gøy. Eg kunne stilt 1000 spørsmål til.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #37 på: Juni 15, 2018, 14:41:04 »
Daily Express

There has been a lot of talk of a work permit for Bielsa and his staff. We understand Leeds have got governing body endorsement from the FA.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Nørgaard

« Svar #38 på: Juni 15, 2018, 15:12:28 »
Hvor er Hb henne med dagens negative indlæg  :P

Dette er kæmpe stort og vi vil absolut få nogle store spillere til klubben nu

Bjorn

« Svar #39 på: Juni 15, 2018, 15:16:19 »

Hah! Tror han er ganske så fornøyd jeg.  :)
Marching On! 4276

Promotion 2010

« Svar #40 på: Juni 15, 2018, 15:30:26 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #41 på: Juni 15, 2018, 15:39:23 »
Marcelo Bielsa: Tactics and philosophy of a cult manager

Leeds hope Bielsa is the man to revive their glory days
Leeds hope Bielsa is the man to revive their glory days

Written by Jed Davies — June 15, 2018

JED DAVIES spent three and a half years researching the philosophy and ideas of Marcelo Bielsa for his book The Philosophy of Football.

Davies, who runs the Futuro Soccer Academy in Ottawa, has been fascinated by the Argentine coach for many years. He shared his findings about the new Leeds United manager with TGG.

1. THE MAN

“A man with new ideas is mad until he succeeds” - Marcelo Bielsa

Marcelo Bielsa is a cult figure who attracts not just admirers, but disciples.

Mauricio Pochettino, Gerardo Martino, Jorge Sampaoli, Eduardo Berizzo, Pep Guardiola and Roberto Martinez are among the top coaches who call themselves ‘Bielsistas’.

The 62-year-old manager hails from Rosario, Argentina - the same home city as Lionel Messi, Cesar Luis Menotti, Che Guevara and Jorge Sampaoli - and has left long-term legacies in his homeland, the corridor country of Chile and much further afield.

As a mark of gratitude for his achievements, Newell's Old Boys - whom Bielsa led to two Argentine titles and (remarkably) the final of the Copa Libertadores in 1992 - renamed their stadium the ‘Estadio Marcelo Bielsa’ in December 2009.

When you consider the fact that this renowned coach is yet to win much in his long career - other than those titles at Newell's and the 2004 Olympic title with Argentina - this fervour may seem strange. But Guardiola, who sought Bielsa’s counsel before taking the Barcelona job in 2008, dismissed this theory last year.

“It doesn't matter how many titles he had in his career," the Spaniard said. "We are judged by that – by how much success we have, how many titles we have won.

"But that is much less influential than how he has influenced football and his football players. That is why, for me, he is the best coach in the world.”

If I were to use three words to describe Bielsa, who is often referred to as El Loco (The Madman), they would be bold, daring and revolutionary.

While working in his native country, the Newell's coach used to hire local youth footballers to climb the fences or trees adjoining rival training grounds to spy on the opposition and report back on their potential starting XIs ahead of matches.

In 2014, Marseille fans photographed him sitting in his club tracksuit in a local McDonald’s poring over videos on a laptop after a win over Toulouse. As usual, the Argentine was completely consumed by his work and seemed unaware of the commotion going on around him. He also famously quit as manager of Lazio in July 2016 without even taking a game, due to what he perceived as the broken promises of the club’s board.

Lazio's directors had assured him that his shortlist of transfer targets was being chased up, only for El Loco to carry out his own research and discover that players and agents had not been contacted after all. There are too many other examples of Bielsa's intense, fanatical personality to list here. Instead, this piece will explore some of his key tactical beliefs.

2. ROTATION

“I always tell my guys that our playing style is about movement” - Marcelo Bielsa.

Former England Under-16 coach Dan Micciche remembers watching Bielsa’s Athletic Bilbao beat Manchester United 3-2 at Old Trafford in 2012 to knock them out of the Europa League. Micciche was in turn intrigued and enthralled.

“It was the first time I'd ever watched a team and been unable to tell who was playing in which position,” he told me.

This will be one of the early challenges for Leeds’ players, as they are unlikely to have encountered anything like this before. Players in Bielsa’s teams rotate and move freely, defying the traditional use of conventional positions.

Fans who attended Bilbao’s 3-3 draw against Pochettino’s Espanyol on September 16th 2012 witnessed Inigo Perez (a natural central midfielder) defending in the left full-back slot in his own half when the team were out of possession. However, when Bilbao had the ball, Perez played as a central holding midfielder behind the more attack-minded Oscar de Marcos.

At Marseilles, Dimitri Payet, who had always been a traditional wide midfielder, played as a ‘central winger’, drifting wide and linking play with the wingers and wing-backs. André-Pierre Gignac played as a wide centre forward and drifted into wide positions to link and build play down the flanks.

Gignac later said of Bielsa: “He taught us a vibrant, real type of football. He knows even the smallest detail.”

Bielsa has said “movement, rotation, concentration and improvisation” are the four cornerstones of his footballing philosophy. And if he has one core philosophy, it is movement - in order to create opportunities for penetration.

Guardiola has used full-backs in the ‘half spaces’ to devastating effect during his time at Bayern Munich and Manchester City - as TGG explored in this piece. This move was borrowed from the pages of Bielsa’s tactical playbook.

There are two key purposes for Bielsa's rotations:

To increase the likelihood of playing forward between the lines or isolating a beneficial 1 v 1
To enable counter-pressing by placing numbers in key areas and shortening the distance of passes
<i>How a holding midfielder pulling out to the side of central defenders adds a player between lines. The ball moves from LCB to RCB. The CDM then pulls out to dictate a forward pass. The LB/ LW rotate to get into position to take advantage of this situation. This rotation adds to the numbers ahead of the ball between the lines and gets a playmaker on the ball to find the key pass.&nbsp;</i>
How a holding midfielder pulling out to the side of central defenders adds a player between lines. The ball moves from LCB to RCB. The CDM then pulls out to dictate a forward pass. The LB/ LW rotate to get into position to take advantage of this situation. This rotation adds to the numbers ahead of the ball between the lines and gets a playmaker on the ball to find the key pass.

3. MIDFIELDERS MOVING BACK

In order to achieve the playing style and philosophy outlined above, Bielsa started doing something simple, yet counter-intuitive: using midfielders in the defensive line.

For Chile, Gary Medel, who had played as a midfielder for most of his career and gained the nickname ‘Pitbull’, moved back into the centre of defence.

Celtic assistant Chris Davies explained: “A player like Gary Medel sees the 2 v 1 when playing out from the back in a way that the more natural central defenders don’t. That for me is why Bielsa saw value in playing him deeper in the build-up play as a central defender instead of in his more natural position in centre midfield.”

This move was key as Chile becoming one of the teams of the tournament at the 2014 World Cup, beating defending champions Spain in the group stages, before being eliminated by Brazil on penalties in the last 16.

Former Leeds assistant Pep Clotet, another 'Bielsista', said: “Marcelo Bielsa tended to play the attacking players in deeper positions because a player with attacking mentality gives you consistency in the attack and improves the output of the ball.”

Perhaps the finest example of this of all is Javi Martinez, who had played as a goalscoring midfielder before Bielsa took over at Bilbao. The Argentine turned him into a magnificent central defender who inspired the Spanish side to the final of the Copa del Rey and Europa League in 2009. In fact he was so good that Bayern Munich paid his €40m buy-out clause in 2012.

This principle of moving ball players back helped Bielsa to achieve his objective of verticality (forward passes to break the lines) and high-octane pressing football, which we could in fact dedicate entire sections to.

4. STRUCTURE ALLIED WITH FREEDOM

Bielsa once said: “If football was played by robots, I’d win everything.” This is misleading though, because he also allows players the freedom in which to express themselves.

Yes, he breaks down the technical and tactical components and theorises them (“there are 36 forms of communicating through a pass") but within that there is a flexibility.

"Totally mechanised teams are useless, because they get lost when they lose their script,” he has said.
“I also don’t like ones that only rely on the inspiration of their soloists, because when God doesn’t turn them on, they are left totally at the mercy of their opponents.”

So there's a balance. At each team the Argentine has coached, the artistic soul of the team is felt within the context of insane hard work and courage.

For example, Payet was given the artistic freedom to find his place within the structured 4-2-3-1 and 3-3-1-3 organisations at Marseille. The forward, who had been an also-ran before, suddenly forced his way into the French national team.

It is also worth noting the number of Bielsa’s former players who have made their own move into management: Pochettino, Eduardo Berizzo, Dario Franco and Juan Manuel Llop played under him at Newell’s Old Boys alone. This suggests that Bielsa sparks a lifelong curiosity about football in his players.

5. AFFINITY WITH THE FANS

If you take the long-riddled road from Buenos Aires to Rosario (four hours by bus), then you will see the football landscape change. For 'Rosarinos', football takes on an ideological, philosophical and romantic form that you won't see in the capital; one in which players are seen as interpreters of the fans’ fear, joy and sorrow.

Did Bielsa create or continue this philosophy? That's a moot point and the answer is probably somewhere in between. However, this is something he has taken with him throughout his managerial career.

In 2012, Athletic Club Bilbao lost two cup finals, just sixteen days apart: a 3-0 loss in the Europa League to Atlético Madrid followed by a 3-0 loss to Barcelona in the Copa del Rey.

After that second crushing defeat, Bielsa overheard a conversation between his players. Their laughter shocked him.

The following day, he spoke mournfully to his team, highlighting the disconnect between modern-day players and the fans they represent.

“We couldn't match the expectation we created,” he said. “It's a scar, a wound. I heard conversations, people laughing yesterday.

“I think it's unforgivable, lads, to get people's hopes up and let them down, not being able to match the expectations you create. Because I'm truly ashamed to have let down the Athletic Bilbao fans.

“Don't lose sight of that fact, lads: we let them down. You can’t let people down, especially loyal people, so loyal that you can be losing 3-0 with an open wound and give them the smallest thing to cheer about and they applaud you in the 80th minute.

"They are extraordinary fans, boys, so extraordinary. And you are an extension of those people. You are those people.
"You are the same type of people we’re talking about. Extraordinary people. But regrettably lads, we weren’t up to the task.”

During his time at Marseille, The Stade Velodrome was often decorated with banners, flags and tifos (murals) directed towards Bielsa, highlighting the way in which The Madman had captured their imagination.

“Loco, haznos soñar”: Madman, make us dream.

I wouldn’t like to make any predictions about Bielsa’s tenure at Leeds United. It may be brief, as it was at Lille and especially at Lazio.

But I will say one thing, with some confidence: Bielsa will attempt to create a vision for the club’s future. And, who knows, he may take Leeds United to places they wouldn’t have otherwise reached.

Jed Davies's book The Philosophy of Football: In Shadows of Marcelo Bielsa is published by RocketBird

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #42 på: Juni 15, 2018, 16:01:39 »
Rått. Say no more. Vi vinner divisjonen med glans.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Gufrias

« Svar #43 på: Juni 15, 2018, 16:37:51 »
Dette er jo helt loco  :D
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

stian

« Svar #44 på: Juni 15, 2018, 17:12:32 »
Det kommer helt sikkert noen enormt spennende signeringer. Mascherano? Vant OL-gull under Bielsa :D

Men, det viktigste, som Guardiola påpeker, er at han gjør spillere bedre. Han gjør gull ut av gråstein, og gråstein har jo vi mye av. Kan O`Kane plutselig bli en stjerne? Phillips blir det uansett. Blir Vieira en av 3 midtstoppere? Bielsa er ikkje så opptatt av at dei som spiller bak er høye, kanskje Jansson passer dårlig inn i spillemåten? Herre min gud, dette skal bli gøy. Eg kunne stilt 1000 spørsmål til.

Vi skal være fornøyd om han klarer å lage gråstein av O’Kane.

Josch

« Svar #45 på: Juni 15, 2018, 17:19:47 »
Bytter mer enn gjerne ut PH mot Bielsa. Gledelig og overraskende. Jeg trodde ikke Leeds hadde penger (lov) til å satse denne sommeren. Nå kommer det trolig noen Bielsa-favoritter rett etter 01.07, for dette må jo følges opp med kvalitet spillere.

Jeg er spent på hvordan han fikser ch.ship.
Vi kan ikke forlange mer enn dette så langt i sommer. Ny giv i klubben og en skuffende PH-periode er nå glemt.

auren

« Svar #46 på: Juni 15, 2018, 18:04:14 »
Bytter mer enn gjerne ut PH mot Bielsa. Gledelig og overraskende. Jeg trodde ikke Leeds hadde penger (lov) til å satse denne sommeren. Nå kommer det trolig noen Bielsa-favoritter rett etter 01.07, for dette må jo følges opp med kvalitet spillere.

Jeg er spent på hvordan han fikser ch.ship.
Vi kan ikke forlange mer enn dette så langt i sommer. Ny giv i klubben og en skuffende PH-periode er nå glemt.

Det er snakk om en warchest på 20 mill pund. 10 av disse får de vel inn fra investoren fra USA. Bielsa har en høy lønn, men i året er det jo "kun" 3,5 mill pund. Så det er ikke så veldig store summer som nå brukes. Men selvsagt mye mer enn hva vi er vant til. Også når man tar i betraktning at lønnsbudsjettet skal økes.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

lojosang

« Svar #47 på: Juni 15, 2018, 18:18:27 »
Jeg merker jeg har litt mer troen på det nå enn når Heckingbottom ble ansatt.  :o
Ja, og Giftdvergen og Colin Wanker.
- Leif Olav

Promotion 2010

« Svar #48 på: Juni 15, 2018, 18:32:48 »
En av de første

Liam Cooper
Welcome to @LUFC to the new Head Coach Marcelo, great to see the positive reaction from the fans! Looking forward to getting back at it!  #MOT
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #49 på: Juni 15, 2018, 18:36:19 »
...hvis bare åtte i West Hams stall av den gang var 'gode nok' - hva da med Leeds Uniteds tropp av i dag :o

Darren Lewis
Verified account
@MirrorDarren

Marcelo Bielsa interviewed for the West Ham job before it was given to Bilic. Bielsa told the board he would keep just eight players and that the rest were not good enough. He also said that with the budget offered they’d do no better than under Big Sam. It didn’t go down well.
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

karaba

« Svar #50 på: Juni 15, 2018, 19:03:07 »
Jeg håper virkelig at dette også medfører at Bielsa setter krav til at vi gjør noen spiller kjøp som det lukter svidd av. Han har jo tidligere sagt opp trenerjobben etter 2 dager pga av manglende spiller kjøp!
Hva tror dere, har han stilt krav om spiller kjøp?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #51 på: Juni 15, 2018, 19:04:15 »
Se der, en hilsen fra en gammel kjenning :)

Giuseppe Bellusci
‏Verified account
@peppe_ele

a great Coach in a great club.           marching on together
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #52 på: Juni 15, 2018, 19:09:24 »
Vi begynner å forstå hvor stort dette er:

Gabriel Battistuta

Felicitaciones #MarceloBielsa
Lo mejor para este nuevo camino.
@LUFC recibe a un gran profesional

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #53 på: Juni 15, 2018, 19:11:40 »
GUILLEM BALAGUÉ ON MARCELO BIELSA

Highly respected Spanish journalist Guillem Balagué has thrown his support behind Leeds United’s appointment of Marcelo Bielsa.

On Friday it was confirmed Bielsa had agreed to become new head coach at Elland Road, replacing Paul Heckingbottom.

Bielsa has signed an initial two-year deal with the Whites and the club has the option to extend this by a further year.

On the former Argentina manager’s appointment, Balagué said: “Life is better lived with a bit of a gamble.

“Bringing Bielsa to England not only confirms this part of the world in terms of elite coaching (what a priviledge fro young coaches) but also makes me think that finally decision makers feel brave, take choices based on risk, intelligence and long term vision.

“Bravo for Leeds.

“Nobody can guarantee victories or promotion but football, a games after all, is better when the journey to victories is entertaining, challenging and makes you think.

“Also if people are patient, you are going to enjoy Leeds playing in a way you have not seen before.

“Keep a seat at Elland Road for me.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Sydhagen

« Svar #54 på: Juni 15, 2018, 19:19:15 »
Vi begynner å forstå hvor stort dette er:

Gabriel Battistuta

Felicitaciones #MarceloBielsa
Lo mejor para este nuevo camino.
@LUFC recibe a un gran profesional

Aaah, Batigol i hvit drakt i sine beste dager. Hadde HERJET i PL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Promotion 2010

« Svar #55 på: Juni 15, 2018, 19:53:28 »
Bieksas brother was The forigne minister In Argentina.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #56 på: Juni 15, 2018, 20:01:20 »
Bieksas brother was The forigne minister In Argentina.

(i halvannet år)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Bielsa

For øvrig er han 'agenten hans'. De har også en velrennomert søster som har slått seg opp som arkitekt. Hele familen er altså 'intellektualisert'- og så har du 'El Loco', som for så vidt har brukt bakgrunnen sin til å forske på fotballtaktikk :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

baste

« Svar #57 på: Juni 15, 2018, 20:17:12 »

Hva er vitsen med slike stikkere til medsupportere?

La oss glede oss over at klubben satser STORT i klubbens 100 års jubileumsesong

MOT - opprykk it is

DON REVIE

« Svar #58 på: Juni 15, 2018, 20:56:17 »

Hah! Tror han er ganske så fornøyd jeg.  :)
.                                                                                                                                            Slapp av, de negative er tilbake etter første tap!! Fraværende når ting er positivt..... MOT

Promotion 2010

« Svar #59 på: Juni 15, 2018, 21:11:52 »
Under 18 coach Mark Jackson

Extremely excited. Be fantastic for us as coaches to have such a manager at the club  #mot

Min første Leeds-kamp: