Skrevet av Emne: 2018-19: Carabao Cup  (Lest 3822 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

2018-19: Carabao Cup
« på: Juni 11, 2018, 20:11:31 »
Leeds United

The @Carabao_Cup Round One draw is set to take place this Friday at 10.45am, with #LUFC ball number 16 in the Northern Section

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: 2018-19: Carabao Cup
« Svar #1 på: Juni 11, 2018, 20:12:35 »
CARABAO CUP: ROUND ONE DRAW TO TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY

Steve McManaman, Louis Saha and Dennis Wise are preparing to head to Vietnam as the Carabao Cup goes back on the road, with the Round One draw set to take place from Vietnam’s largest city, Ho Chi Minh City on Friday 15 June at 10.45am UK time.

The three former EFL Cup winners will join representatives from the EFL and competition partner Carabao Energy Drink to unveil the 35 Round One ties, with live text coverage available on the Carabao Cup Twitter feed and EFL.com.

It is the second successive season that Carabao Cup draws have taken place overseas, with events being staged in Bangkok and Beijing last season as part of the EFL’s continued efforts to build the value of the competition outside the UK.

EFL Chief Executive Shaun Harvey will be present in Vietnam, alongside Carabao Energy Drink CEO Sathien Setthasit, in a country where football is immensely popular amongst its population of 95 million people and is also a key market for Carabao Energy Drink.

Seventy EFL Clubs will feature in the new-look draw, which will see teams drawn into Northern and Southern sections, but with no seeding for higher ranked sides as in previous seasons.  Matches are scheduled to take place on the week commencing Monday 13th August.

EFL Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey, said: “A principle aim of our partnership with Carabao has always been to promote the competition internationally, taking high-profile activities such as the competition draws overseas to support the EFL’s international growth strategy and raise awareness of the competition in Carabao’s key territories.

“There is no requirement for us to take draws overseas, but there is an absolute commitment to building the value of our competition outside the UK and the market in Vietnam should help the EFL and Carabao meet our shared ambitions.

“The Round One draw is always significant, mapping out the opening stages of a competition that continues to attract a large audience at home and abroad, with almost 1.5million people attending Carabao Cup matches last season and games shown across the world in over 150 regions.

“At the EFL’s recent 2018 Summer Conference, Clubs voted to a number of rule changes in the Carabao Cup including the removal of extra-time which should help address team selection and additional fatigue issues that can sometimes be caused when mid-week ties go beyond 90 minutes.

“Seeding arrangements have also been removed from the first two rounds which should make for some interesting early round draws.”

Carabao Energy Drink CEO Sathien Setthasit, said: “In the last 12 months, Carabao Energy Drink has truly established itself as a global soft drinks brand, and the success of our partnership to date with the EFL has played a big part in helping us develop our international footprint.

“The 2018/19 Carabao Cup promises to bring football fans around the world plenty of drama and excitement, which is why we’re looking forward to kicking off this season’s competition in style by staging the first round draw in Vietnam.”

EFL Clubs have voted to remove extra-time from every round, apart from the Final, from the start of the 2018/19 season, with matches tied at 90 minutes going straight to a penalty shoot-out.  The 2019 Final will feature extra time and penalties if required.

This season’s Final will take place on Sunday 24th February 2019 with the winners guaranteed a place in the Europa League in the following campaign.

Leeds United will be ball number 16 in the North Section draw, the full draw numbers can be seen below:

North Section

1. Accrington Stanley

2. Barnsley

3. Blackburn Rovers

4. Blackpool

5. Bolton Wanderers

6. Bradford City

7. Burton Albion

8. Bury

9. Carlisle United

10. Crewe Alexandra

11. Derby County

12. Doncaster Rovers

13. Fleetwood Town

14. Grimsby Town

15. Hull City

16. Leeds United

17. Lincoln City

18. Macclesfield Town

19. Mansfield Town

20. Middlesbrough

21. Morecambe

22. Nottingham Forest

23. Notts County

24. Oldham Athletic

25. Port Vale

26. Preston North End

27. Rochdale

28. Rotherham United

29. Scunthorpe United

30. Sheffield United

31. Sheffield Wednesday

32. Shrewsbury Town

33. Sunderland

34. Tranmere Rovers

35. Walsall

36. Wigan Athletic

Min første Leeds-kamp:

GeirO

« Svar #2 på: Juni 11, 2018, 22:22:07 »
Blir mange straffesparkkonkurranser i år da ekstraomganger er fjernet.
MOT

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: Juni 13, 2018, 17:14:15 »

Trekning på fredag!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Bjorn

« Svar #4 på: Juni 14, 2018, 13:26:23 »
Trekning imorgen. Hvem vil vi ha? Tar gjerne Shef. U eller Bradford i første runde jeg..  8)
Marching On! 4276

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #5 på: Juni 14, 2018, 13:31:59 »
Trekning imorgen. Hvem vil vi ha? Tar gjerne Shef. U eller Bradford i første runde jeg..  8)

Middlesbrough

Bjorn

« Svar #6 på: Juni 14, 2018, 13:33:50 »

Middlesbrough
Det var tredjevalget mitt. Kom ikke så langt. :)
Marching On! 4276

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #7 på: Juni 14, 2018, 13:36:13 »

Middlesbrough
Det var tredjevalget mitt. Kom ikke så langt. :)
  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Viktig med god motstand tidlig i sesongen.

Torpe-do

« Svar #8 på: Juni 14, 2018, 14:30:55 »
"Ingen grunn til at me tek trekninga i Vietnam"
Markedsføre Mikke-Mus-cupen i Vietnam??! Høyres meir ut som eit påskudd for ein litt kjekkare jobbreise enn vanleg, spør du meg...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #9 på: Juni 14, 2018, 14:55:22 »
"Ingen grunn til at me tek trekninga i Vietnam"
Markedsføre Mikke-Mus-cupen i Vietnam??! Høyres meir ut som eit påskudd for ein litt kjekkare jobbreise enn vanleg, spør du meg...

Carabao er vel en energidrikk fra Asia. Det har vært trekning i Thailand, nå Vietnam og hvorfor ikke Myanmar neste år....

;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: Juni 15, 2018, 12:05:00 »
Leeds United

| #LUFC have been drawn at home to Bolton Wanderers in the First Round of the Carabao Cup, with ties to be played week commencing Monday 13th August

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #11 på: August 03, 2018, 14:43:46 »
Også kampen mot Bolton 14.08 vises på Sky Sports og Viasat. 6 av 7 kamper i august TV sendes!! :)

http://forum.leedsunited.no/index.php/topic,22712.0.html

« Siste redigering: August 03, 2018, 15:55:07 av Jon R »
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #12 på: August 03, 2018, 15:48:04 »
Kampen mot Bolton 14.08 vises på Sky Sports og Viasat. 6 av 7 kamper i august TV sendes!! :)

http://forum.leedsunited.no/index.php/topic,22712.0.html
Hvor

Nå ler jeg høyt!  ;D

#SkysportsLeedsUnited
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #13 på: August 13, 2018, 17:24:39 »
Here are the Carabao Cup rule changes Leeds United fans need to know about

Mark Donnelly
Published: 10:43 Monday 13 August 2018
Leeds United are set to kick-off their Carabao Cup campaign this week - and there’s some important rule changes that the club will need to be aware of.

Marcelo Bielsa’s men face a first round tie against Bolton Wanderers as they take the first steps on the long road to Wembley.

Mateusz Klich is action at Derby County.
Mateusz Klich is action at Derby County.
And ahead of the cup campaign kicking-off, clubs have voted to introduce a number of key rules changes to this season’s competition.

At the EFL Summer Conference, held back in June, clubs were in favour of removing extra time from the competition.

That means that, should Leeds' first round tie be level after 90 minutes, the game will go straight to penalties.

This change was introduced to try and improve player welfare, with a statement from the EFL stating: “The rationale put forward by the EFL is that withdrawing the additional 30 minutes of play would directly address any additional fatigue issues that are occasionally caused when the midweek ties go beyond the traditional 90-minute period.”

Furthermore, the format of penalties has also changed - with the ABBA trial utilised last season scrapped with a return to the traditional ABAB taking format now in place.

Clubs also voted to remove the seeding element from the first two rounds of the competition, meaning that the Whites could face a side from any of the top four divisions should they progress.

Bookings are also now competition-specific - meaning that any yellow cards picked up in this competition won’t translate to a suspension in the league.

Such news is a boost for clubs, but means players will have to tread on thin ice to avoid missing out on a potential glamour tie later in the competition.

While it won’t be an issue in the first round, VAR can also be used in Carabao Cup ties played in Premier League stadiums this season.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #14 på: August 13, 2018, 18:05:01 »
Ikke overraskende sa Bielsa nå nettopp på pressekonferansen at de som ikke spilte på lørdag vil spille, som Blackman, Shackleton, Pearce, Jansson, Baker, Harrison, Roberts og Bamford.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #15 på: August 15, 2018, 14:35:40 »
YEP

Here are the teams Leeds United could face in the Carabao Cup second round

Mark Donnelly
Published: 10:24 Wednesday 15 August 2018
 Who could Leeds face next?
Who could Leeds face next?
The road to Wembley is underway, but who could be standing in the way of Leeds in the second round of the Carabao Cup?

Marco Bielsa's men progressed through the first round of the competition courtesy of victory over Bolton Wanderers - and they could now be rewarded with a glamour tie.

In a first round which saw plenty of goals, gasps and giant-killings, Leeds were one of 37 teams to make it through to the next round.

But who will they face next? With the draw just a day away, there are some big ties on the horizon.

There will be no seeding in the second round draw, meaning that the Whites could be handed a clash with one of England's top sides.

Ties against big Premier League teams are a possibility with all top flights side - except those playing in Europe - set to enter the competition.

Everton, Newcastle United, Leicester City and West Ham could all be opponents as they enter the fray in the second round.

Premier League big guns Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and others enter the Carabao Cup at the third round stage.

The draw for the second round will be made on Thursday, August 16 at 7pm - just before Sunderland take on Sheffield Wednesday in the final tie of the first round.

Here’s the full list of teams that Leeds could face in the second round of the competition:

Premier League clubs: Everton, Leicester City, Newcastle United, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, West Ham, Watford, Brighton & Hove Albion, Huddersfield, Southampton, Cardiff City, Fulham, Wolves

Championship clubs: Swansea, Stoke, Nottingham Forest, Blackburn Rovers, Leeds United, Middlesbrough, Derby County, Preston North End, Rotherham United, Hull City, Millwall, Norwich City, QPR, Brentford, Aston Villa, Reading, West Brom

League One clubs: Blackpool, Fleetwood Town, Rochdale, Doncaster Rovers, Burton Albion, Walsall, Plymouth Argyle, Bristol Rovers, Oxford United, AFC Wimbledon, Wycombe Wanderers

League Two clubs: Macclesfield Town, Mansfield Town, Lincoln City, Newport County, Cheltenham Town, Exeter City, MK Dons, Forest Green Rovers

Ties to be played on Thursday: Sunderland OR Sheffield Wednesday

Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #16 på: August 16, 2018, 20:28:37 »
Grei motstander i neste runde:

@PhilHayYEP
Preston at home for Leeds United in round two of the Carabao Cup. #lufc

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #17 på: August 16, 2018, 22:37:03 »

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Xern

« Svar #18 på: August 17, 2018, 14:53:46 »
Viktig for finansene i klubben at vi kommer lengst mulig. Bygger lagmoral også det, samt at mange benkeslitere får spilletid i cupkampene! Hadde smakt godt å få en storklubb på besøk til Elland Road også, da  ::)
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

leedslife

« Svar #19 på: August 17, 2018, 16:51:36 »
Lukter lang vei at vi møter City etterhvert. Pep opp mot sin læremester.
Står i stjernene.

Andersen

« Svar #20 på: August 17, 2018, 20:44:25 »
Vi må slå Preston før vi eventuelt møter Man. City  :P