Skrevet av Emne: Kamp: Stoke City - Leeds United @bet365 Stadium onsdag 25/10 kl 21 på Viasport 1  (Lest 6673 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Ny bortekamp om to dager. Mot Stoke på 20.plass, ni poeng bak oss. Men de har sterke seire mot Sunderland (i helgen) og Bristol City blant siste fem (2-0-3). De spiller ikke uavgjort (en av 12 så langt) og slipper inn relativt få mål.

Likevel ser vi nok på dette som en kamp vi igjen skal vinne. Vi klarte det i helgen tross en shaky start. Får håpe det bare var rustenheten etter spillepausen som gjorde at vi startet som vi gjorde. Nå er vi oppe i 4-0-1 siste fem. Vi trenger i alle fall trepoengere for å holde tritt med / ta innpå Top Two. Det er i det minste kun de to som er foran oss nå. :)

Ellers er det vel bare Archie Gray som er usikkerheten her. Ellers starter vi som sist. Gnonto vil nok gjerne starte, men jeg ser det ikke - ennå.

Eksperimentet med 3-5-2 kan kalles vellykket siste halvtimen på lørdag. Det er bare å kjøre på igjen mot slutten om det skulle trenges denne gangen også.

PS! Eg tipper det blir Ayling fra start.
« Siste redigering: Oktober 23, 2023, 16:12:51 av Asbjørn »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cherry

Ser ingen grunn til og gjøre endringer i 11`ver om det ikke er pga skader.
Det som virkelig er godt å se , er at vi nå har en "stall" - en tropp som ER sterk også fra spiller no 12.

Å ha kvalitet som Gnonto, Bamford, Anthony, Ayling, Cooper, Poveda m fl på benken - DER er vi i egen klasse mener
jeg ift våre konkurrenter i Championship.  I tillegg til å ha Firpo, Cresswell, Hjelde, Joseph og Dallas m fl i bakhånd.....pur klasse!

Bare å suge på karamellen , men det er verdens tøffeste/hardeste liga - så mulig vi trenger å fylle på med kvalitet i januar også!

Stoke - Leeds : 1-2
« Siste redigering: Oktober 24, 2023, 14:00:04 av Cherry »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Eg vil kalle det en interessant presser igjen.

Ikke noe nytt å melde på skadefronten.

Om å møte Stoke/Neal
His teams play with intensity and aggression and bravery. They go for many crosses. have to defend the second balls really well. Fighting spirit. Knife between the teeth.

Former players from Preston are at Stoke. Can see his handwriting. He stands strong and gives his team confidence and then his team tries to fight together. Did this against Sunderland. They got a really good win. Tough task. Don't want to use the phrase about Stoke on a midweek night because Alex has changed their style.

..og om kampen deres mot Sunderland:
Stoke a different proposition to a week ago?
You can see they had players back and it was crucial. Expect them to be much higher in the table than they currently are. Have to wait for back to back wins, but under Alex tey will finish higher.

Don't travel in fear.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/daniel-farke-press-conference-live-27971813
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tilbake til presseren, igjen. YEP har kraftig forbedret sin dekning etter hvert. Så her følger noen sitater fra Farke,
Om at klubben er unik, og ansvaret det medfører:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/every-word-daniel-farke-said-in-pre-stoke-city-press-conference-as-leeds-united-boss-offers-team-news-hints-4383221

Farke on managing Leeds
I’ve spoken a lot about this - I’m grateful and more than happy to work in this responsible role with this massive club with one of the best - if not the best - supporters in the whole country. This club is really special and unique, demanding at times, also a bit complicated to lead but this is exactly what what you're looking for. I met already so many great people in the club, we have an unbelievable fanbase, it’s one of our biggest skills. We have to be careful with it, we have to value this, to know that this is priceless for us. This club and our supporters are more important than any player, manager, board member - this is what this club is all about. It’s a great honour and I’ll always be grateful. You feel the responsibility, I want to repay the trust and create a good future for this club, this is all my focus is on. I’m a happy man at the moment.

Om tabellsituasjonen og årets Championship:
Farke on how strong the Championship is this year
Both [Ipswich and Leicester] with unbelievable points tallies, big names in this league, yes, I know that we are also a big name, so are Southampton. I think the quality this season is on a really good level. Many teams capable of fighting for promotion. Some smaller clubs, some bigger clubs, we've played on the last weekend also a club who wants to finish in the top six, perhaps even in the top two. Many competitors, with all the respect, I get the feeling in recent years this league was quite often decided relatively soon. I don’t expect this this year, I think the quality and standards are very high this season. One of the strongest and most difficult seasons in the last two decades. We don’t complain we’re also taking part, we want to be successful and so if we keep going like we did in the recent weeks, I’m quite sure we have also the chance to finish a very good position.

Farke on improvements and position in table
If I'm honest, I don't pay too much attention at the moment to the table if you’re position three, four or five whatever. Obviously I like much more to be in 3rd position than in the 23rd, that's definitely definitely a fact, but for me at the moment it’s just support to stabilise the club more and more and also to create a winning mentality and also to show good performances and obviously also to grind out results and if you do this, then you're automatically in a good position in the table. For me it's more important that in many many topics we have improved but also stabilise so we have consistency in our results. We are already there with many, many clean sheets. We showed some really good performances we create many chances, I like that we are able to bring in a tight lead over the finish line and in several games, I like that we had many clean sheets, I like that we are capable to keep the nerves when we are a bit under pressure like at Norwich, when you have the capability to turn the game - this is all a sign of winning mentality. I think there's one topic we want to improve on. This is definitely the efficiency in using our chances because we create so many big chances. I think there are also some statistics that are in a fair and normal table and a table that is based on on performances and on expected goals would be even better. So this is definitely one topic, we're not too much concentrating, but we want to improve our position on the table. So we are more concentrate on the contents and what we definitely want to need to improve this is the effectiveness of using the chances because you can't always turn the game like we did at Norwich. Normally the first half and the chances that were created during the first half should be enough in order to score one, two, perhaps even three goals and this definitely a topic we are concentrated on. It's not like we will be addicted to praying ‘come on let's climb the table’. No we are concentrated on what we can influence and what we would we have to improve with this particular topic. We need to be a bit better.

Gruev og spilletid:
Farke on Ilia Gruev
We have never done this [pair Ampadu with Gruev], I don't like to just say in a theoretical way yes or no. it’s always up to them to prove this once they play together. I have to say I’m really happy with Ilia, he came pretty late, without having a pre-season, really humble guy but with a good record, he’s played two years on Bundesliga level, a good level last season, more than 30 games, he’s a regular starter for Bulgaria, always in the starting line-up. I was definitely tempted to unleash him before because he was training at top level, but really top performances by players in midfield, in his position. We have perhaps some areas where it would be perhaps even a bit easier [for him] to come into the game but as a coach in the heart of your game, you are not so tempted to change too much from game-to-game, let’s be honest players in his position, Ethan Ampadu has been outstanding, Archie [too] when he was in midfield was really good, Glen Kamara has had an impact in many games so it’s not the easiest area in our squad. My gut feeling is that he will also play an important role also in the upcoming games and we are happy that we have him because he's not just a good player but also a top, top teammate and good that we have him.

Og så om noen begynner å bli slitne:
Farke on fatigue
No, I think in general I'm not worried about this turnaround but because we played then on Saturday it was difficult, because you know when many players are away and played two games for their for the country's Archie, for example, three games and important games. For many of them it was was also like they were crucial games, qualifiers and do or die games. And then they come back just with two days before important away game at Norwich with just one trade day of training. And I tell them listen, by the way, tomorrow is the most important game of your life. It's always tricky. Right now they are back home, proper nights in their own beds, we had two relatively quiet training days on Sunday and Monday. This turnaround is not a problem at all, enough time between Saturday afternoon and Wednesday evening. Bit of a problem turnaround from Wednesday late kick-off to Saturday lunchtime, we have to keep in mind a bit this is a short turnaround, this could be a topic for team selection on Saturday. A few players we are happy with at the moment, that we got the feeling ‘okay, they shouldn't have such a quick turnaround’, that perhaps we give them a break but I don’t want to speak about individual players too much, I think we have to be more careful with players who were away on international duty in comparison to players that were with us for two weeks, but this is a general thing. We’ll look from a tactical point of view which type of player we need for this game. I don't want to talk too much in public because I'm pretty much aware that also Stoke will probably follow what I say today, so not too many comments about the starting line-up, we will be careful with our team selection and hopefully we're also spot on for the next few games.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

En ny strålende presser fra Farke. En herlig fyr. Mest fordi han er så ydmyk og setter alle andre foran seg selv.

Kampen i morgen kveld blir tøff nok den. Tror vi kommer til å være ekstra "forsiktig" i starten og ikke få en midt i trynet som sist. 1 poeng er ikke ille, men da må det følges opp med 3 poeng mot Huddersfield. Tipper ca. samme lag. Er vel bare Gray som eventuelt blir utelatt, men virket heller ikke slik utifra det Farke sa i dag.

Tidlig tips: 1-1 (Piroe).

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Dennis

Intet nytt om Spence? Noe estimat på når han er tilbake?
Marching on together!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Etter neste landskamppause har det blitt sagt tidligere.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Eirik Aase har som vanlig vurdert kampene før avspark:
Stoke City – Leeds United
Kampstart: 21.00

Ting har ikke gått så bra for Alex Neil denne sesongen, men lørdagens kamp mot Sunderland ble utvilsomt et stort høydepunkt. Både fordi Stoke selvfølgelig vant kampen, men også fordi det skjedde mot Neils tidligere arbeidsgiver Sunderland. Nå blir det viktig for Stoke å følge opp seieren med noen nye trepoengere i tiden fremover. The Potters ligger nå nede i bunnstriden med sine 13 poeng, men avstanden opp til playoff er fortsatt svært kort. Det skal ikke mange gode resultater til for å fly oppover på tabellen, men da må samtidig prestasjonene også bedre seg. Før seieren mot Sunderland hadde Stoke tre tap på rad på eget gress, og totalt sett  har de 3-0-3 på hjemmebane. Leeds United leverte egentlig ikke så verst spillemessig i første omgang mot Norwich City, til tross for at de lå under med 0-2 til pause. Gabriel Saras kvalitet fremover på banen for Norwich skapte trøbbel for Leeds, men samtidig skulle Crysencio Summervilles kvaliteter i motstatt ende av banen skape minst like store problemer for Norwich. Leeds-spilleren scoret to ganger i det som til slutt ble en strålende snuoperasjon av Yorkshire-klubben. Jeg har skrevet flere ganger de siste rundene om at dette Leeds-laget virker å være på riktig vei, og at de bare kommer til å bli bedre utover høsten. Det synes jeg vi ser ganske tydelig nå, og jeg tror Leeds-fansen bare kan glede seg til fortsettelsen. Etter seieren mot Norwich ligger Leeds oppe på playoff-plass med 22 poeng, og opp til direkte opprykksplass skiller det seks poeng. Det blir viktig for Leeds å holde trykket oppe de neste rundene, slik at det ikke blir en tung luke opp til direkte opprykk. Daniel Farke & Co har vunnet fire av sine fem siste kamper, og på bortebane har de 3-1-2 denne sesongen.

Stokes siste kamper:
Stoke – Sunderland 2-1 (Mmae, McNally)
Leicester – Stoke 2-0
Stoke – Southampton 0-1
Bristol City – Stoke 2-3 (Leris, Haksabanovic, Lowe)
Bournemouth – Stoke 2-0

Leeds siste kamper:
Norwich – Leeds 2-3 (Summerville x2, Selvmål)
Leeds – Bristol City 2-1 (James, Piroe)
Leeds – QPR 1-0 (Summerville)
Southampton – Leeds 3-1 (Struijk)
Leeds – Watford 3-0 (Anthony, Byram, Piroe)

Vurdering: Stoke City med etterlengtet hjemmeseier sist. Nå gjenstår det å se om de kan bygge videre på den seieren, eller om det blir en ny rask nedtur. Leeds United er i form, og virker å være skikkelig på gang. De kommer til Bet365 Stadium fulle av selvtillit, og jeg tror de har det som skal til for å kunne lure med seg samtlige poeng hjem til Yorkshire igjen.
Tips: Borteseier

http://championshipnorge.com/2023/10/24/for-runden-onsdag-25-oktober/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cherry

...også veldig klar for å se Spence hærje`på HB utover vinteren...... ;)

auren

Reaney er jo veldig opptatt av dystre Leedsstatistikker, og her har du en til:

Sist gang Leeds vant en bortekamp i bortedrakter var i den skjebnesvangre kampen mot Brentford i mai 2022 (!)

Hørte dette på Square Ball podcasten i går.

Så da blir det neppe seier altså...

auren

Killa

Sist gang Leeds vant en bortekamp i bortedrakter var i den skjebnesvangre kampen mot Brentford i mai 2022 (!)

auren

Eller... for å snu resonnementet ditt på hodet Auren:
Det nærmer seg mer og mer at vi vinner en bortekamp i bortedrakter igjen!!
Satser på (og tror på..) at det skjer allerede i kveld, jeg ;-)

Dennis

auren

:D

For de som måtte ha slik overtro, er det noen som har en oversikt over hvor mange ganger Leeds har spilt i annet enn hvitt?

Har vi som klart bunnlag i PL i fjor spilt fem bortekamper i andre drakter enn hvitt uten å vinne, er det rart å heve et øyebryn for.
Marching on together!

TK20

Hot tip fra meg: Bamford inn for Piroe, Ayling inn for Kamara, Gray på midten.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Verdt & merke seg mht to av våre viktigste:
Ampadu & Meslier must avoid bookings tonight to guarantee their availability against Leicester next Friday. If they do pick up yellows they’ll be walking a tightrope against Huddersfield at the weekend. #LUFC on the whole doing well on disciplinary front.

https://x.com/JoeDonnohue/status/1717151938716799036?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Whao. Gruev for Kamara. Gnonto/Anthony på kant.
Flere skifter enn eg trodde.

Håper Gruev funker.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

Whao. Gruev for Kamara. Gnonto/Anthony på kant.
Flere skifter enn eg trodde.

Håper Gruev funker.

Leeds: Meslier (GK), Ampadu, Piroe, Anthony, Rodon, Struijk (C), Gray, Rutter, Byram, Gnonto, Gruev.

Bench: Darlow (GK), Ayling, Cooper, Kamara, Bamford, Summerville, Shackleton, James, Poveda.
Super Leeds since 1968

Sterland

Summerville på benken, i den formen ha er.. Har i alle fall et kruttsterkt alternativ å sette inn om det butter :)

Cherry

Stas å se bulgarærn’ da, håper han funker’ - fått masse cred’ av Farke for å være tålmodig og « humble»…  ;) Anthony ER go’ , så gjenstår d å se om Willy er i spillehumør!
Som flere skriver, vi har en knallsterk benk også!

GeirO

Pretty cold tip... ;)
MOT

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Stas å se bulgarærn’ da, håper han funker’ - fått masse cred’ av Farke for å være tålmodig og « humble»…  ;) Anthony ER go’ , så gjenstår d å se om Willy er i spillehumør!

Eg opplever meg riiimelig oppegående mht Leeds fra 70-tallet og fremover i alle fall, men Kishishev er fullstendig borte fra minnet :o

Ilia Gruev becomes the first Bulgarian player to start a league game for Leeds since Radostin Kishishev on New Year's Day 2008, and the first player to start wearing the number 44 shirt since Ross McCormack on the final day of the 2013-14 season. #lufc

https://x.com/JRCooper26/status/1717242497573732718?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Pretty cold tip... ;)

Bryn Law er enig :D

https://x.com/BrynLaw/status/1717237893553398069?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

GeirO

Det nærmer seg vel et tap for klubben vår.

Det som taler til vår fordel er Stokes stigende form. Normalt taper vi for lag som har 163 tap på rad og manageren får fyken dagen før kamp...
MOT

auren

Spent på de første minuttene. Får vi se et Stoke-lag som presser høyt og er aggressive, slik Norwich og Soton var i første omgang i sine kamper mot oss? Scorer vi først har jeg stor tro på seier.

Og veldig spent på å se hvordan bulgareren fungerer i tospann med Ampadu  :)

Lykke til folkens! 

auren

GaryMac

Eg opplever meg riiimelig oppegående mht Leeds fra 70-tallet og fremover i alle fall, men Kishishev er fullstendig borte fra minnet :o

Ilia Gruev becomes the first Bulgarian player to start a league game for Leeds since Radostin Kishishev on New Year's Day 2008, and the first player to start wearing the number 44 shirt since Ross McCormack on the final day of the 2013-14 season. #lufc

https://x.com/JRCooper26/status/1717242497573732718?s=20
Husker Kish, men er det virkelig 15 år siden? Stemmer nok. Tiden flyr....

Lucas the Kop Cat

Ikke kommet helt igang enda

Sent fra min LE2113 via Tapatalk

auren

En åpning som fryktet. Stoke aggressive og vi henger ikke helt med. Slapt så langt første 6 minutter. Skjerpings!

auren

Kato

Vi har vært elendige første 10.

GeirO

Savner egentlig at vi greier mer enn en pasning på rad...
MOT

stian

Stoke er godt forberedte og låser oss smart av når vi skal frispille via back til sentral midt. Vi bør justere med at Gruev dropper lenger ned og skaper overtall.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post

Husker Kish, men er det virkelig 15 år siden? Stemmer nok. Tiden flyr....
Googlet litt. Av de i den perioden som gjorde det bra på lån men ikke etterpå..
10 kamper i første låneperiode, 7 i den andre.

After Curbishley left The Valley in 2006, Kishishev's appearances in the first team began to wane. He made his last appearance for Charlton in January 2007, after which he was loaned out to struggling Championship side Leeds United.[5] Kishishev impressed many in his short time at Leeds, and got man of the match on his debut which was a 3–2 defeat against Sheffield Wednesday. His arrival at Elland Road coincided with Leeds' best run of results in the season, but it was too late to save the club from relegation to League One. Leeds wanted to sign Kishishev permanently in the summer but after they were placed into administration a transfer embargo was placed upon them meaning Kishishev had to look elsewhere.
…….

He was loaned out again to Leeds,[8] Kishishev got an injury very early in his loan, so missed several games, and when he played he struggled for fitness and did not impress like he did in his first loan spell. Manager Dennis Wise's departure in early 2008 ended his second spell at Elland Road with Leeds deciding not to renew his loan spell.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan