Skrevet av Emne: Kamp: Swansea vs Leeds @Swansea.com Stadium 13.2.24 kl 20:45 LUTV  (Lest 4553 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

TK20

Sv: Kamp: Swansea vs Leeds @Swansea.com Stadium 13.2.24 kl 20:45 LUTV
« Svar #120 på: Februar 14, 2024, 10:53:48 »
Hvordan har Roberts sett ut de minuttene han har spilt?

Ser ut som en Burnley reject og forblir det til det motsatte er bevist.

Utrolig dum kommentar!

Ja jeg vet. Jeg ble bare litt trigget av iveren etter å putte ham i "vår beste ellever per dags dato" foran både Kamara og Gray; en spiller som ikke har spilt noe for oss og som ikke er vurdert som god nok for f*ckings Burnley!

Fint med alternativer og mulighet til å rotere. Jeg ser gjerne at vi hviler noen spillere til helgen og at Roberts starter dersom Farke mener han er god nok til det.
« Siste redigering: Februar 14, 2024, 11:05:10 av TK20 »

Kato

« Svar #121 på: Februar 14, 2024, 12:34:24 »
Det er også veldig gledelig å se hvordan forsvaret er strammet opp.
Bare se på antall clean sheets så langt !!

Ampadu -Rodon er jo langt bedre enn alle andre stopperalternativer.

Cannavaro

« Svar #122 på: Februar 14, 2024, 14:47:01 »
*Dette*

En sentralmidtbane som ikke gir fra seg ballen...

Ilia Gruev and Glen Kamara have completed 785 out of 824 passes in the last 7 league games for Leeds United.
A combined pass completion rate of 95.3% in the heart of midfield 😳 #lufc

https://x.com/LUFC1992_v2/status/1757680096817590297?s=20

Dette er av stor betydning for dagens Leeds-lag...samt at disse to er gode i ballgjenvinning også.  De tilfører stabilitet og kløkt i laget.  Under Bielsa var vi særs aggressive i press spillet og vi tømte ofte midtbanen, samt at det var mann/mann-markering. Under Farke er det snakk om balanse,kontroll og stabilitet sentralt i banen. Det er ikke ofte vi blir "tatt" på overganger idag kontra Bielsa-tiden (særs i PL).  Gruev er en god midtbanespiller ; han har evne til å holde kroppen mellom ball og motstander, skjermer godt, han er dyktig i mottak og vender kroppen i medtak retning der han slår pasningene....jeg har fulgt nøye med han, han leser spillet fortreffelig og er rask til bens....god forflytningsevne og søker alltid å være spillbar/oppspills punkt sentralt, samt at han faller av dypt også når det er behov.  En smart spiller ! Kamara utfyller bra, men kunne gjerne tenke meg litt mer offensive bidrag fra ham, men det må sies at Rutter/Summerville, Gnonto/James skal stå for det overraskende og uforutsigbare fremover i banen, men en 8`er som ser bakrom og treffer med utsøkte pasninger a`la Pablo eller Ødegaard f.eks er ikke å forakte i dagens lag.
MFLU - Miracles For Leeds United

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #123 på: Februar 14, 2024, 15:59:51 »
Alltid en fryd å lese kommentatorene etter viktige seire for Leeds.
Here comes linker til The Athletic, YEP, Leeds-Live og Moscowhite...

Phil Hay erklærer boldly Leeds’ strength in depth means promotion is theirs if they really want it

https://theathletic.com/5272567/2024/02/14/leeds-swansea-squad-depth-farke/

In the fixtures that remain, Southampton have more head-to-heads against current top-six clubs and more of them away from home. Farke’s side look almost impenetrable at home and, for the time being, have shed the habit of mangling very winnable away games.
...og konkluderer altså:
“It was one of the most spot-on executions of a game plan this season,” Farke said. But… “It’s not the time to sit back, relax and be proud with it.” The mantra of clued-in coaches everywhere, admittedly, but he has form on his side, he has second place for now, and in players like Piroe, he has precious insurance.

Leeds have never been more certain that promotion is there if they want it.

Graham Smyth i Yorkshire Evening Post lar overskriften være Unfolding outcome of 49ers Enterprises' Leeds United decision is no real surprise - Graham Smyth's Verdict.

Leeds United's seven-game winning streak should come as no surprise because this is Daniel Farke doing what Daniel Farke does

He did it at Norwich City, twice. Lengthy winning runs underpinned his pair of successful Championship title bids. In 2018/19, as part of a 14-match unbeaten streak, his Canaries won eight times on the bounce. Two seasons later they went one better, winning nine in a row as part of a 13-match unbeaten streak. His ability to get a team clicking and then keep them ticking is exactly what 49ers Enterprises wanted when they made him their first ever managerial hire, at the outset of their ownership tenure. And Leeds are now ticking in a way that should have the rest of the Championship glancing nervously in their direction

Hans konklusjon er: Elsewhere, Southampton were losing, at long last. Bristol City inflicted the Saints' first defeat since September and so Leeds ascended to second spot, two points clear of Russell Martin's side. The table and how it is changing is yet to draw anything like excitement from Farke, who pointed out once more that the time to worry about points and positions is right at the end of a season. It's difficult not to sense a turning, however. Whether this Tuesday will be seen as a turning point remains to be seen but with each win that comes Leeds are turning up the heat on their rivals. Farke has them cooking.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/unfolding-outcome-of-49ers-enterprises-leeds-united-decision-is-no-real-surprise-graham-smyths-verdict-4517386

Også Leeds-Live har nå begynt med sin 'opinion': OPINIONLeeds United finally get reply they wanted after four months of banging on the door
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-finally-reply-wanted-28628547

Here are our four talking points from Leeds United's 4-0 win over Swansea City at Swansea.com Stadium in the Championship as Crysencio Summerville, Joel Piroe and Wilfried Gnonto score the goals

Leeds United are the death ray to the steel table, the knife through butter, an unstoppable force meeting another moveable object. Daniel Farke’s side are cutting through any object without a second’s thought at the moment.

The Whites look unstoppable and have become a juggernaut that began rolling down the hill on New Year’s Day. It seems foolhardy to even try and get in the way as Leeds storm towards their ultimate ambition.

Confidence is coursing through every facet of this team right now. The months of toiling and grafting to achieve Farke’s version of perfection have at least landed the team somewhere close.

It felt like it was never going to happen, but Southampton finally blinked last night. For the first time since the Whites visited St Mary’s Stadium in late September, the Saints lost in the Championship.

The unbeaten league run ends at 22 matches with a comprehensive 3-1 defeat to Bristol City at Ashton Gate. Russell Martin’s side began the season so poorly, four losses in five September games, a formidable run like this was needed just to put themselves back into contention.

So their unbeaten run may dwarf United’s, but one defeat is all it has taken to push the door open for Leeds. Southampton still have a game in hand that would push them ahead of Leeds if they won it, but momentum majorly swung in United’s favour last night, make no mistake.

A trip to fifth-placed West Brom, who can count Leicester as the only superior home defence this season, awaits Saints on Friday night. That’s a game which will majorly shape the weekend ahead as Leeds watch on from their Devon hotel and Ipswich Town prepare in Swansea.

How Southampton respond to adversity will be fascinating. It has been so long since they tasted defeat, how they react, in light of Leeds’ own special run, could go some way to determining how close this run-in remains.

Fringe options queuing up to bite Farke’s hand off
Not only does Farke currently have a starting XI too hot for him to touch between games, but an abundance of trusted options from the bench champing at the bit to impress him. Daniel James, one of the cornerstones of this season, is finally back in the mix after a four-game absence and looked desperate to make up for lost time from the bench.

The trouble is, Wilfried Gnonto has finally rediscovered his golden touch of last season. The Italy international has put up four goals and an assist in his last four outings, meaning there’s no chance Farke can currently leave him out.

Jaidon Anthony has been in James’s position all season, while Mateo Joseph is now looking like a striker Farke can legitimately look to from the bench as a focal point in the attack. Even something as potentially disruptive as Patrick Bamford’s 11th-hour withdrawal was forgotten about inside 10 minutes last night, thanks to Joel Piroe.

Moscowhite (Daniel CXhapman) skriver Swansea City 0-4 Leeds United: Being here
https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-united/swansea-city-0-4-leeds-united-being-here/

Back when the EFL fixtures were announced in June this was immediately the week nobody wanted. First of all, nobody wanted these fixtures at all, 46 of them, with Sky Bet logos all over, a hidden optical illusion, if you squinted, revealing Keith Andrews’ tiresome frown. But mid-February stood out, the week of Saint Valentine, a distinctly unlovely pairing of Swansea Tuesday, Plymouth Saturday, while Rotherham Saturday looked after us aghast like a scorned lover. What a league. What a week. What a lot not to look forward to.

Denne er deilig:
The problem with Southampton’s run of 22 unbeaten games, starting with a 3-1 win over Leeds, is that at the end of it, they are not above Leeds and not in the automatic promotion places. They, maybe, are wondering if they’ve made the most of it. Perhaps, after conceding six in two games to Huddersfield and Bristol City, they’re wondering if one defeat will be the worst of it. On Friday they’re going to West Brom.

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

stian

« Svar #124 på: Februar 14, 2024, 16:26:10 »
Mye god lesing i hyllesten av Leeds-lokomotivet for tiden. Men som Leeds-supporter er det lett å bli litt urolig av all positiviteten. Sesongen er rekordjevn og det minste feiltrinn kan være nok, slik Southampton har fått merke etter å ha seilet i medvind i 20+ kamper uten å ha fått noen luke.

Det med å ikke bare «get the team clicking», men å «keep it ticking» må være litt av en utfordring for Farke. Men det er kanskje en form for breakpoint i sesongen nå - WBA borte blir en skikkelig utfordring og det vil være typisk om Swansea spratt tilbake fra en elendig kamp mot Leeds gjennom å levere en god prestasjon mot Ipswich. Da kan det faktisk være denne helgen som gjør at det er Leeds som får luke på andreplassen. Det bør være mer enn nok motivasjon for gutta mot Plymouth, men med Leeds-historien i minne venter man nesten bare på et eller annet sinnsykt sammentreff som slår negativt ut for oss 😊

Cherry

« Svar #125 på: Februar 14, 2024, 16:57:13 »
Mye god lesing i hyllesten av Leeds-lokomotivet for tiden. Men som Leeds-supporter er det lett å bli litt urolig av all positiviteten. Sesongen er rekordjevn og det minste feiltrinn kan være nok, slik Southampton har fått merke etter å ha seilet i medvind i 20+ kamper uten å ha fått noen luke.

Det med å ikke bare «get the team clicking», men å «keep it ticking» må være litt av en utfordring for Farke. Men det er kanskje en form for breakpoint i sesongen nå - WBA borte blir en skikkelig utfordring og det vil være typisk om Swansea spratt tilbake fra en elendig kamp mot Leeds gjennom å levere en god prestasjon mot Ipswich. Da kan det faktisk være denne helgen som gjør at det er Leeds som får luke på andreplassen. Det bør være mer enn nok motivasjon for gutta mot Plymouth, men med Leeds-historien i minne venter man nesten bare på et eller annet sinnsykt sammentreff som slår negativt ut for oss 😊

Tar vi Plymouth (igjen) på lørdag , og det vi håper på skjer med Soton`mot WBA borte på fredagskvelden - så er det Happy times!
....i hvertfall frem til neste fredag, da vi har Leicester hjemme! ;)

Hallgeir *

« Svar #126 på: Februar 14, 2024, 17:00:53 »
Vi kan jo bare drømme om hvor mange flere poeng vi kunne ha hatt med den elleveren vi er i stand til å stille fra start nå, fra sesongstarten i august. Ikke sikkert at Leicester hadde hatt 12 poengs forsprang da.

Men det får vi aldri noe svar på.
Super Leeds since 1968

Kato

« Svar #127 på: Februar 14, 2024, 21:36:29 »
Vi kan jo bare drømme om hvor mange flere poeng vi kunne ha hatt med den elleveren vi er i stand til å stille fra start nå, fra sesongstarten i august. Ikke sikkert at Leicester hadde hatt 12 poengs forsprang da.

Men det får vi aldri noe svar på.

Vi hadde 1-3-1 etter fem kamper. 6 av 15 poeng, så rota bort en god del der. Vi hadde endt i nedrykkssumpa med det gjenget resten av sesongen.