Skrevet av Emne: Kenneth Bates' plan  (Lest 2718 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Kenneth Bates' plan
« på: Mars 16, 2010, 13:12:21 »
Ken’s up or at ’em

Published: Today
 Add a comment (0)
KEN BATES has revealed his big plans for Leeds will be in ruins if Simon Grayson's men fail to clinch promotion.
Bates is getting jumpy after a run of just two wins in their last eight games. That has seen them slip back towards the League One play-off pack.

He declared: "I get nervous ahead of every game. There is nothing new there.

"But we have to get up this year because we have so many big plans for this club - and a lot of them depend on us being in the Championship next season.

"So the boys have to do their job - and they will.

"Don't forget that every other club fighting for promotion will have the same jitters, the same worries, the same nerves at this stage."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2893749/Kens-up-or-at-em.html#ixzz0iLBWstYo

Mer stoff etterhvert som det strømmer inn!
* Hoteller
* Utvidelse av stadion
* Bedre fasiliteter til fansen
* En egen statue av Ken Bates
* Klubbmuseum
* Tilbakekjøp av TA og ER!

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

DenHviteYeboah

Sv: Kenneth Bates' plan
« Svar #1 på: Mars 16, 2010, 15:50:57 »
Ken’s up or at ’em

Published: Today
 Add a comment (0)
KEN BATES has revealed his big plans for Leeds will be in ruins if Simon Grayson's men fail to clinch promotion.
Bates is getting jumpy after a run of just two wins in their last eight games. That has seen them slip back towards the League One play-off pack.

He declared: "I get nervous ahead of every game. There is nothing new there.

"But we have to get up this year because we have so many big plans for this club - and a lot of them depend on us being in the Championship next season.

"So the boys have to do their job - and they will.

"Don't forget that every other club fighting for promotion will have the same jitters, the same worries, the same nerves at this stage."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2893749/Kens-up-or-at-em.html#ixzz0iLBWstYo

Mer stoff etterhvert som det strømmer inn!
* Hoteller
* Utvidelse av stadion
* Bedre fasiliteter til fansen
* En egen statue av Ken Bates
* Klubbmuseum
* Tilbakekjøp av TA og ER!

Fantastisk...alt dette blir det nok noe av... ;)

Here we go again

• Gjest
« Svar #2 på: Mars 16, 2010, 17:05:26 »
Statue av Bates hadde vært noe ja! ;D

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #3 på: Mars 16, 2010, 17:18:15 »
Skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeptisk!

auren

« Svar #4 på: Mars 16, 2010, 17:36:48 »
Vel... Klarer han å gjennomføre alle disse planene i løpet av sin levetid, samt får Leeds tilbake i toppen av PL, skal han jammen meg få en statue. Og da kan jo alltids Bates-haterne ta eventuelle hunder med på tur for å gjøre sitt fornødne :)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Ola_S

« Svar #5 på: Mars 16, 2010, 19:56:42 »
Vel... Klarer han å gjennomføre alle disse planene i løpet av sin levetid, samt får Leeds tilbake i toppen av PL, skal han jammen meg få en statue. Og da kan jo alltids Bates-haterne ta eventuelle hunder med på tur for å gjøre sitt fornødne :)

auren

hehe    ;D   

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #6 på: Mars 17, 2010, 19:50:33 »
Hadde en drømm i natt. Bates bygde et hotell til 100 millioner pund ved Elland Road. Etter denne bygginga ble Leeds solgt til en rik eier som bygde et nytt stadion en kilometer unna. Bates ble da slått personlig konkurs på grunn av dette hotellet  ;)

Hallgeir *

« Svar #7 på: Mars 17, 2010, 19:53:43 »
Hadde en drømm i natt. Bates bygde et hotell til 100 millioner pund ved Elland Road. Etter denne bygginga ble Leeds solgt til en rik eier som bygde et nytt stadion en kilometer unna. Bates ble da slått personlig konkurs på grunn av dette hotellet  ;)
Har man ønsket en ting lenge nok, er det ikke rart man drømmer om det til slutt...  :D ;)
Super Leeds since 1968

Cbas10an

« Svar #8 på: Mars 17, 2010, 22:51:40 »

Good one!!!
MOT

Joachim

torivar

• Gjest
« Svar #9 på: Mars 18, 2010, 10:07:12 »

Bates betalte vel ikke? Drømmer er rare  ;D

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: Juni 08, 2010, 09:43:50 »
Bates maler selv i sommer:

En litt yngre utgave i solskjerm ser du her!   ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: Desember 21, 2010, 14:15:21 »
Ken Bates aiming high with Leeds

December 21, 2010
Email Print By ESPN staff

Ken Bates is vowing to restore past glories at Leeds United, but has no intention of allowing the club to go down the route of spending big in a bid to buy success.

Ken Bates: Back at Leeds.

After a lengthy spell in the doldrums, having come back from the brink of extinction, Leeds' stock is on the rise again and after victory over Championship leaders QPR at the weekend - the Whites are well placed to push for promotion to the Premier League.

Bates claims it is inevitable Leeds will find their way back into the elite in England and Europe, but it will be done at a pace that will allow the club to flourish for the long term.

"We will be there," Bates told Sky Sports News. "I can't say when. I said when I got planning permission at Stamford Bridge 20 years ago, I said the outcome is undoubted, the timing is uncertain.

"It is a dream of every club, but we will do it on a different basis this time. David O'Leary (former Leeds manager) was allowed to spend money like water, which ultimately caused the club's collapse. If we get back into Europe, perhaps I should say when we get back into Europe, we will do it on a proper basis. It will be step by step, brick by brick. That is how we are building Leeds. If it means it takes another two or three years then so be it."

From his time at Chelsea, Bates cultivated a reputation for a man not prepared to tolerate mediocrity. He demands high standards from his managers and it appears he has found an ideal sparring partner in Leeds boss Simon Grayson.

"We have got a good relationship," Bates said. "I like his Yorkshire sense of humour, he gives me a quick one-liner. He rings me when we lose, which I know some managers don't. He is honest, if he has a problem we talk about it, which is the only way to do things. We have total trust and faith in each other."

Bates has insisted he will not interfere with Grayson's team selection and transfer policy. "There never has been as far as I'm concerned, wherever I have been," he said. "You don't keep a dog and bark yourself.  :D

"The manager has to be judged by his results so the only fair way is to let him pick his players. If he fails it's because he picked the wrong players.

"You can't do what some clubs do and have chairmen introducing players to the manager after they've been signed. That's not our policy here."

Bates claims Grayson was the subject of an approach from the Premier League last year.

He said: "Simon is in it for the long run. He was approached and offered a job on a much bigger salary, in the Premiership, over a year ago and he said, 'I came to Leeds to do a job and I'm going to finish it'. If he manages in the Premiership he wants it to be with Leeds."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/856272?cc=5739
Min første Leeds-kamp:

flynn

« Svar #12 på: Desember 21, 2010, 14:31:59 »
Ken Bates aiming high with Leeds

December 21, 2010
Email Print By ESPN staff

Ken Bates is vowing to restore past glories at Leeds United, but has no intention of allowing the club to go down the route of spending big in a bid to buy success.

Ken Bates: Back at Leeds.

After a lengthy spell in the doldrums, having come back from the brink of extinction, Leeds' stock is on the rise again and after victory over Championship leaders QPR at the weekend - the Whites are well placed to push for promotion to the Premier League.

Bates claims it is inevitable Leeds will find their way back into the elite in England and Europe, but it will be done at a pace that will allow the club to flourish for the long term.

"We will be there," Bates told Sky Sports News. "I can't say when. I said when I got planning permission at Stamford Bridge 20 years ago, I said the outcome is undoubted, the timing is uncertain.

"It is a dream of every club, but we will do it on a different basis this time. David O'Leary (former Leeds manager) was allowed to spend money like water, which ultimately caused the club's collapse. If we get back into Europe, perhaps I should say when we get back into Europe, we will do it on a proper basis. It will be step by step, brick by brick. That is how we are building Leeds. If it means it takes another two or three years then so be it."

From his time at Chelsea, Bates cultivated a reputation for a man not prepared to tolerate mediocrity. He demands high standards from his managers and it appears he has found an ideal sparring partner in Leeds boss Simon Grayson.

"We have got a good relationship," Bates said. "I like his Yorkshire sense of humour, he gives me a quick one-liner. He rings me when we lose, which I know some managers don't. He is honest, if he has a problem we talk about it, which is the only way to do things. We have total trust and faith in each other."

Bates has insisted he will not interfere with Grayson's team selection and transfer policy. "There never has been as far as I'm concerned, wherever I have been," he said. "You don't keep a dog and bark yourself.  :D

"The manager has to be judged by his results so the only fair way is to let him pick his players. If he fails it's because he picked the wrong players.

"You can't do what some clubs do and have chairmen introducing players to the manager after they've been signed. That's not our policy here."

Bates claims Grayson was the subject of an approach from the Premier League last year.

He said: "Simon is in it for the long run. He was approached and offered a job on a much bigger salary, in the Premiership, over a year ago and he said, 'I came to Leeds to do a job and I'm going to finish it'. If he manages in the Premiership he wants it to be with Leeds."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/856272?cc=5739

Som musikk i mine ører. Way to go Bates!

flynn

Jon R

« Svar #13 på: Desember 21, 2010, 14:48:26 »
"David O'Leary (former Leeds manager) was allowed to spend money like water, which ultimately caused the club's collapse. If we get back into Europe, perhaps I should say when we get back into Europe, we will do it on a proper basis."

Skal vi begynne å lære av våre feil også nå da?   :o

Ingen dum plan det.

"The manager has to be judged by his results so the only fair way is to let him pick his players. If he fails it's because he picked the wrong players."

Fin beskrivelse av samarbeidet mellom Bates/ Grayson. Tydelig og fornuftig ansvarsfordeling. (Uttaket av Bradley Johnson er vel et bevis på at Grayson har full styring på det sportslige, selv om han åpenbart har en svært nær og god relasjon til Bates. )

Gud forby! En  grei påminnelse om at vi vet hva vi har men ikke hva vi får den dagen Bates legger inn årene.  ;)

Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #14 på: Januar 17, 2011, 12:30:07 »
http://www.motforum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=187%3Afear-of-the-premier-league&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=61

In the last few years our brilliant chairman Ken Bates has helped rebuild our club and we have handled our rise with dignity. There is a real sense that we are a proper old fashioned style club with real values regarding finances which is ironic in reflection of our past.

My real fear is that promotion would lead to us getting caught in the hype of the Premiership and losing all that we have built in our resurrection. Hopefully Ken will make a wise choice when deciding his successor.

Min første Leeds-kamp: