Skrevet av Emne: Klubbpresidenter - LEEDS UNITED  (Lest 5706 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Klubbpresidenter - LEEDS UNITED
« på: April 30, 2013, 12:37:05 »
George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Lascelles,_7th_Earl_of_Harewood

Et langt og dedikert forhold til Leeds United fra 1961 til sin død i 2011. Han ble valgt inn som klubbens første president i 1961 og beholdt rollen i nesten 50 år.

In July 2011 Leeds United's club president and lifelong Leeds fan, Lord Harewood, sadly passed away. His appointment dated back to 1961.

In the 50 years that passed the club president title was very rarely discussed, the truth was that few truly understood what it involved. Most still don't, but what was evident throughout that period was that there were few, if any, more fitting of the honour.

At the time of Lord Harewood's death Richard Mantle, director of Opera North, said: "There were many first nights which I hoped he would come along to, only to find he had gone tearing off to Elland Road.

"He was absolutely passionate about the club."

Lord Harewood was the club president because he loved Leeds United.

Et intervjue med Lord Harewood fra 2003:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgDR73v7Eow

Litt info fra tiden rundt dødsfallet:
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20110711/sadness-at-passing-of-our-president_2247585_2390493

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/hundreds-turn-out-to-remember-life-of-leeds-united-president-lord-harewood-1-3829933

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/9133648.Leeds_United_mourn_death_of_Earl_of_Harewood/

Takk!   :)
« Siste redigering: Juni 24, 2014, 13:04:01 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: Klubbpresident - LEEDS UNITED
« Svar #1 på: April 30, 2013, 12:49:29 »
Leeds confirm takeover; Bates to be president

21 November 2012 | Posted in Sports Properties, Soccer, Europe, Global, Middle East | By David Cushnan

Dubai-based investment bank GFH Capital Limited has completed its deal to buy Leeds United, the second-tier English soccer team.

No financial details of the acquisition were made public by the club but reports in recent weeks suggested a figure of UK£17 million.

GFH Capital has supported Leeds financially since agreeing an exclusive negotiating period with club chairman Ken Bates in June. Bates himself will remain as chairman until the end of the season before becoming president.
•Leeds United serves up new deal at Elland Road
•Leeds United sign new shirt sponsor

Bates added: "One thing I can say that has benefited from the negotiations is that this six-month courtship has given GFH Capital the opportunity to see the strengths and weaknesses and what needs to be supported.

"You can look forward to a smoother transition than we've seen at a lot of clubs."

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/leeds_united_confirm_takeover_bates_to_be_president/
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: April 30, 2013, 12:51:26 »
New Bates role is huge kick in the teeth

Tuesday 30th April 2013 7:02

Leeds are making a huge mistake and undermining supporters in appointing Ken Bates as the club's president, writes FanZoner Steve Turner.

Why then, do we now find ourselves one game away from giving a title befitting of someone who cared for the club as much as Lord Harewood did, to Ken Bates? The very man who once told the world how he would do everything in his power to make sure that Leeds and its 'animal' supporters were kicked out of the entire football league?

If this was a demand made by Bates during the takeover discussions then GFH need to seriously consider whether the repercussions of going back on their agreement outweigh the fans' overwhelming desire to rid the club of him once and for all.

If GFH want to turn their vision of a 'united' Leeds into a reality, there can be no place for Bates.

Credit where it's due, they've slowly but surely started to put right some of the wrongs from Bates' era, but there is still a long way to go. When the takeover was completed the news that Ken would be staying at the club as president was met with utter dismay, it's an issue that the fans feel strongly about, and it cannot be brushed under the carpet.

With that in mind there would be no greater way to show the fans that they are truly on their side than by taking away Bates' last moment in the spotlight. GFH own the club, and they have the power.

That power will be worryingly undermined if Bates becomes club president.

This is where they need to show their mettle. If such a clause or promise was made during the takeover then it would be morally wrong to go back on that, but morals are something that Ken Bates simply does not have. Throughout his entire time here the fans have been last on the priority list every single time, and you can guarantee that were it the other way around it would be his way or the highway.

GFH need to stand up for the fans who have suffered for eight years under the man who is currently on course to become president of the very club he almost destroyed.

Whatever the cost, whatever the implications. Whatever it takes!

Leeds United is no ordinary club. The history books are filled with legendary players and managers who were all once proud to pull on the famous white shirt, or to manage a team so passionately supported. You can only imagine what Don Revie would make of the current situation.

Revie, Harewood once wrote, "welded together an ensemble - that is what a team is - which was the envy of others, and he and I used sometimes to talk into the night about how you build football teams and operatic ensembles and then inspire them so that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts".

If GFH get the club united again, the whole will most certainly be greater than the sum of the parts. Unfortunately, while Bates remains at the club in any capacity it will never be truly achievable.

Make the right choice, GFH, and we can all march on together.

http://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/8681171/New-Bates-role-is-huge-kick-in-the-teeth
Min første Leeds-kamp:

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #3 på: April 30, 2013, 14:14:39 »
Jeg kjenner at jeg blir fysisk kvalm av å tenke på at kjeltringen blir klubbpresident ???

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #4 på: April 30, 2013, 15:04:51 »
Jeg kjenner at jeg blir fysisk kvalm av å tenke på at kjeltringen blir klubbpresident ???

Blir sikkert ikke president så lenge, hvor gammel kan han bli?  ;)

Gufrias

« Svar #5 på: April 30, 2013, 15:42:27 »
Jeg for min del er bare glad for at han ikke lenger bestemmer.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Ian Baird

« Svar #6 på: Mai 01, 2013, 00:30:26 »
Jeg lurer på hvor stor eierandel i Leeds Utd. Bates fremdeles innehar? Noe må det være...
Cellino 5. April 2014: We will be back in the Premier Leauge by 2016.

Gufrias

« Svar #7 på: Mai 01, 2013, 06:42:02 »
Jeg lurer på hvor stor eierandel i Leeds Utd. Bates fremdeles innehar? Noe må det være...
Etter hva jeg har lest er det null.

Sydhagen

« Svar #8 på: Mai 01, 2013, 07:49:44 »
@PhilHayYEP: GFH C has told us that Bates' position will be purely honorary. He'll have no influence on or involvement in the setting of club policy.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Dennis

« Svar #9 på: Mai 01, 2013, 10:24:33 »
Dette presidentskapet uten noen form for innflytelse (tilsynelatende) fra en mann som Bates, må jo KUN være for å erte oss en siste gang...?
Marching on together!

Gufrias

« Svar #10 på: Mai 01, 2013, 10:39:04 »
Bates synes han har fortjent en ærestittel "for alt han har gjort for klubben", og fikk det inn i kontrakten da han solgte klubben. GFHC gikk med på alt som kunne få ned prisen. Oppblåst selvbilde møter sparementalitet.

Ian Baird

« Svar #11 på: Mai 01, 2013, 11:09:36 »

Når Bates er med i bildet, kan det være lurt å ikke stole blindt på alt man leser..
Cellino 5. April 2014: We will be back in the Premier Leauge by 2016.

testo

« Svar #12 på: Mai 01, 2013, 12:50:11 »

Når Bates er med i bildet, kan det være lurt å ikke stole blindt på alt man leser..

Det ryktes at han får fast oppmerket parkering plass utenfor Old Peacock
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje

Promotion 2010

« Svar #13 på: Mai 01, 2013, 13:24:11 »
Leeds United: President Ken Bates gets a three year term

By Phil Hay
Published on 01/05/2013 08:39

Ken Bates will officially step down as Leeds United chairman at the end of next month – and start a three-year term as club president.

United’s owner, GFH Capital, has confirmed to the Yorkshire Evening Post that Bates will resign from the board at Elland Road on June 30 and begin a fixed tenure in his honorary role.

The 81-year-old, whose last match as chairman after eight-and-a-half seasons takes place at Watford this weekend, negotiated a new position as part of the takeover of Leeds completed by GFH Capital on December 21.

Responding to questions submitted by the YEP, GFH Capital said Bates would “become president for a three-year term from July 1, 2013.” The Dubai-based firm also confirmed that he will have no executive power following his resignation as chairman.

Bates stepped down as a director of Leeds City Holdings Limited – United’s parent company – shortly after selling his majority stake to GFH Capital but he has remained on the board of the club itself.

In a statement, GFH Capital said: “He will officially stand down as chairman on June 30, 2013 and will no longer be a member of the board.

“He will become president for a three-year term from July 1, 2013.”

Hele artikkelen:
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-president-ken-bates-gets-a-three-year-term-1-5632525

« Siste redigering: Mai 01, 2013, 13:31:03 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #14 på: Mai 01, 2013, 15:44:27 »
Bates synes han har fortjent en ærestittel "for alt han har gjort for klubben", og fikk det inn i kontrakten da han solgte klubben. GFHC gikk med på alt som kunne få ned prisen. Oppblåst selvbilde møter sparementalitet.

Forundrer meg ikke at Bates syntes han har fortjent en ærestittel :-\

Foreslår at han  tildeles  ærestittelen:

Team's Scrooge of all time.

Det medfølger ikke noen æresbevisninger med ærestittelen .(må være helt i gjerrigknarkens ånd.
« Siste redigering: Mai 01, 2013, 20:28:32 av p0ndus »

Jon R

« Svar #15 på: Mai 01, 2013, 17:50:37 »
Så hva gjør egentlig en klubb president?  ???
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #16 på: Mai 01, 2013, 18:02:37 »
Så hva gjør egentlig en klubb president?  ???

Ingenting..

Hva gjør en ambassadør??
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Tom S

« Svar #17 på: Mai 01, 2013, 18:05:57 »
Dette presidentskapet uten noen form for innflytelse (tilsynelatende) fra en mann som Bates, må jo KUN være for å erte oss en siste gang...?

Tenker akkurat det samme, og det er skikkeleg irriterende!
COME ON LEEDS !!

lojosang

« Svar #18 på: Mai 02, 2013, 02:03:43 »

Hva gjør en ambassadør??

Serverer norsk laks rundt i viktige markeder verden over.
- Leif Olav

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #19 på: Mai 02, 2013, 12:43:53 »
Fantastisk at KB skal få en ærestittel...... :o!! OK, mulig han reddet oss i sin tid, mulig det....MEN, han har siden den gang ikke gjort annet enn å sørge for at våre managere har hatt en vanskelig arbeidssituasjon. I "gamle dager" var Leeds United en attraktiv klubb for spillere, gode tilskuertall osv. Dette gjelder ikke lenger. Mye av det har KB skylda for og da blir han fordundre meg president. Fotballens svar på Georg Bush - han var heller ikke spesielt vel ansett eller populær for å si det mildt.
Yeboahs vitne

Promotion 2010

« Svar #20 på: Juni 24, 2014, 12:49:41 »
Ken Bates ble kastet ut som Klubb-president da han svei av £ 5 millioner på privattransport for sesongen 2013-14 frem og tilbake til Monaco for å se sitt Leeds United.

Bates truet som vanlig med rettslig oppgjør. Denne gangen ble det ikke noe av!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #21 på: Juni 24, 2014, 12:51:07 »
Her var det jo en tråd om presidenter, men denne Cellino avviker litt fra standarden satt av Lord Harewood:

Burde slengt på en tråd om Presidenter, men gidder ikke.....  ;)

Massimo Cellino:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massimo_Cellino

:)

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

Sv: Klubbpresidenter - LEEDS UNITED
« Svar #22 på: Juni 24, 2014, 16:23:45 »
Ken Bates ble kastet ut som Klubb-president da han svei av £ 5 millioner på privattransport for sesongen 2013-14 frem og tilbake til Monaco for å se sitt Leeds United.

Bates truet som vanlig med rettslig oppgjør. Denne gangen ble det ikke noe av!  :)

5 mill nkr?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #23 på: Juni 24, 2014, 16:39:48 »

5 mill nkr?

Kanskje heller det. Eller prototypen på en Dreamliner.  :D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #24 på: Juni 24, 2014, 22:50:24 »
Kjøpte han ett fly?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #25 på: August 03, 2016, 15:10:20 »
Litt om etterkommeren i Harewood-slekten:

Lord Harewood on his favourite people and places in Yorkshire Lord Harewood David Lascelles.

17:24Sunday 31 July 201617:50Tuesday 02 August 2016 0 HAVE YOUR SAY

David Lascelles worked as a film and television producer for 25 years. The 65-year-old became the 8th Earl of Harewood on the death of his father in the summer of 2011. What is your first Yorkshire memory? When I was a kid and at school in London, we’d come up to Yorkshire for holidays. We would drive up the A1 or come on the train. This was the 1950s when Leeds still had two stations. Harewood House was a great place to be as a kid, a fantastic playground inside and outside. My brothers and I were a bit unruly, though we had to behave better when we were around my grandmother, the Princess Royal, especially in the smart rooms upstairs. We were fond of her and she was fond of us, though undemonstrative as that generation so often were David Lascelles has a soft spot for Leeds Utd legend Don Revie.

What is your favourite part of Yorkshire and why?
I love Harewood of course, but I also love the Dales and the coast – it’s always a thrill driving over the moors to Whitby. Do you have a favourite walk? There’s a short walk I take most mornings to the Himalayan Garden at the head of Harewood Lake. My favourite long walk is in the Dales: The Monk’s Trail from Malham Tarn to Arncliffe and back.

And your favourite view?
If you turn off the A61 in Harewood Village and drive or walk along Church Lane, there’s a moment when you come out of the woods and suddenly there’s a spectacular view right up Wharfedale, with Almscliff to the north and Ilkley Moor in the distance.

Which Yorkshire sportsman or woman, past or present, would you like to take out for lunch?
My two sporting loves are football and cricket. I was brought up in the Don Revie days when Leeds United had a good team. Not so true now, sadly. As a kid my Yorkshire cricket hero was Fred Trueman, but the person I would like to meet now is an athlete, Jessica Ennis-Hill. I am a huge fan. She has a wonderful calmness and charisma about her. Every morning David Lascelles has a walk around Harewood's Himalayan Garden.

Which Yorkshire screen or stage star, past or present, would you like to take out to dinner?
A bit of a cheat, but it would be my dear friend Geraldine Connor who died in 2011. She was the creator of the extraordinary theatrical show Carnival Messiah, which we put on at Harewood in 2007. She was a wonderful person, warm, funny, as well as being an inspirational teacher and creator. My wife Diane and I set up a foundation in her name to continue her work with young people.

If you had to name your hidden Yorkshire gem, what would it be?
There are so many. Not exactly hidden, but I love going to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park at West Bretton, near Wakefield. What they are showing is absolutely the best of contemporary and modern sculpture but in a way that is accessible to anybody. I’ve been with people of all ages and backgrounds. My grandchildren love it.

What do you think it is that gives Yorkshire its unique identity?
The Yorkshire character is very special. You have real warmth and hospitality here. Take the classic Yorkshire greeting: ”Now then”. At a first meeting, it’s a bit sceptical: “Who are you exactly?” But when you’ve got to know someone, it’s said in a different tone, conspiratorial almost: ”What are we going to get up to together?” The other thing that’s unique is how the countryside and the cities rub up together. We are just eight miles from the centre of Leeds here, deep in the countryside, but from the top of Harewood House, you can see the top of a high rise building on Scott Hall Road. It’s the same around all Yorkshire’s big cities.

Do you follow sport in Yorkshire and if so what?
I’m a season ticket holder at Leeds United and have been for some time. I’ve been going to Elland Road since I was a boy. I even saw John Charles play when I was young, second time round, after he’d come back from Italy. I go to most of the home games even now. I’m also a patron of Yorkshire County Cricket Club and always go to the Tests, and while it’s hard to get away from Harewood, I sometimes sneak off to Headingley for half a day to watch a county game.

Do you have a favourite restaurant or pub?
In Yorkshire now, there are so many fantastic restaurants. You’ve got three or four top notch ones in Harrogate alone. We went recently to Horto, a new restaurant in Rudding Park, as good a meal as I’ve eaten for a very long time.

Who is the Yorkshire person you admire the most?
I’m Chair of the Yorkshire Festival and a big admirer of the people who run Yorkshire’s amazing range of visual and performing arts venues… Simon Wallis at the Hepworth in Wakefield, Peter Murray at the Sculpture Park, the West Yorkshire Playhouse under James Brining is buzzing, Sharon Watson does a wonderful job at Phoenix Dance, Richard Mantle at Opera North is making opera accessible – to name but a few.

How do you think Yorkshire has changed, for the better or worse, since you’ve known it?
I think Yorkshire has changed for the better, but without losing its identity. The landscape and the people are as full of character as ever but the cities have changed a lot. Leeds is really vibrant and culturally varied nowadays and certainly cleaner and better provided for than when I was young. Both cultural venues and food have improved beyond recognition in the last 20 years especially.

If a stranger came to Yorkshire and had time to visit one place only, where would it be?
I’ve got to say Harewood, haven’t I? Living and working here, it’s sometimes easy to lose sight of what an amazing place this is. Bringing someone here from the outside and hearing their gasps of wonder at the house and the collections and the countryside and the gardens makes you remember what it’s all about, what we’re here for. That’s immensely rewarding.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/analysis/lord-harewood-on-his-favourite-people-and-places-in-yorkshire-1-8043156
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #26 på: Februar 01, 2019, 12:11:56 »
1.februar 2019

EARL OF HAREWOOD NAMED HONORARY PRESIDENT

EARL OF HAREWOOD NAMED HONORARY PRESIDENT
Leeds United are delighted to announce David Lascelles, 8th Earl of Harewood has been appointed Honorary President of Leeds United.

The Harewood family has had a long standing connection with Leeds United - George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood held the position of President for 50 years between 1961 and his passing in 2011 and Patricia, Dowager Countess of Harewood held the same title between 2017 and her passing in 2018.

Speaking about the announcement, Leeds United chief executive Angus Kinnear said: “The club are honoured that David has agreed to become President of Leeds United.

“The Harewood family has been part of Leeds United for over half of the club’s existence and have witnessed some of the greatest moments in our history.

“David’s knowledge of the club is impeccable and we are delighted the family’s association will continue into our centenary year.

“We hope there are many more historic moments to come in the near future.”

David Lascelles, Earl of Harewood said: “It really is an honour to be asked to be President of Leeds United.

“My father held the post for nearly fifty years and my step-mother too for a few months before she died.

“My father started taking me to Elland Road as a boy and I’ve been a season ticket holder since we won the last First Division Championship in 1992.

“Now I go with my own sons and in the last couple of years with my young grandsons too.

“It’s the club’s centenary year and it feels like we are at the start of something very exciting, with the best manager in the league and a group of committed and passionate players.

“I’m proud to be a small part of it, Marching On Together!”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #27 på: Februar 01, 2019, 18:26:47 »
James Rhodes

David Lascelles, 8th Earl Harewood, was the producer in the Inspector Morse TV series. His father, 7th Earl, was a prisoner in Colditz. Hitler had signed his death warrant in March 1945 but the guards refused to carry it out, knowing the war was lost.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #28 på: Februar 01, 2019, 19:10:55 »
1.februar 2019