Skrevet av Emne: EX-SPILLER: ANDY O'BRIEN  (Lest 64307 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Leedsfan

Sv: SPILLER: ANDY O'BRIEN
« Svar #210 på: November 18, 2011, 12:08:43 »
Må si jeg er kraftig imponert over hva den gamle ringreven Redknapp har fått til på trasfermarkedet det siste året. Det er <i>ikke </i>tilfeldig at de ligger på øverste halvdel av PL. Vi får håpe dette åpner for at O`Brien kommer til oss.  [8)]

Jon R.

Er du like fornøyd nå?

I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Leedsfan

« Svar #211 på: November 18, 2011, 12:09:42 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_promotion_is_within_reach_o_brien_interview_1_3981411

Sitat
Andy O’Brien’s appearance at Leicester City was as close as he will come to walking a tightrope.

It goes too far to say that his career with Leeds United rested on that performance – first rate, as it turned out – but O’Brien feared the consequences of losing his footing in the East Midlands.

Any suggestion that his concerns were exaggerated should consider the fate of Paul Rachubka, the goalkeeper whose future at Elland Road unravelled spectacularly in a 5-0 defeat to Blackpool this month. O’Brien witnessed Rachubka’s demise and the hostile reaction of the crowd to his errors. “What happened to him could happen to anyone at any time,” O’Brien said.

Certain players hold enough credit to compensate for critical errors but, in the context of Leeds United, O’Brien knew that he was not one of them. His out-of-sorts display at Southampton on the first day of the season – his only league start before United’s 1-0 win over Leicester on November 6 – came to a head three days later when he was jeered from the pitch at Elland Road when substituted in a Carling Cup tie against his old club, Bradford City.

In mitigation, the centre-back was neither fit nor properly ready for a game at Southampton having missed all but a fortnight of pre-season with a side strain. Both he and his manager, Simon Grayson, have made the effort to take the blame, with Grayson describing it as “my decision” and O’Brien calling himself “naive”. Nevertheless, his long-awaited recall against Leicester came with the understanding that many of those affiliated to Leeds were beginning to doubt him.

What followed was a display reminiscent of the form which led Grayson to sign O’Brien permanently from Bolton Wanderers last January. “To say it was important was an understatement,” he said. “Everyone can make mistakes and I could have made a mistake in the Leicester game. Would that have been detrimental to the rest of my career at Leeds? Who knows. Fortunately the day worked out well.”

It is not certain that Rachubka has played his last game for United but the club’s move to offer Maik Taylor a trial last week suggested the defeat to Blackpool left no way back from him. It was an open warning, not only to O’Brien, about the consequences of performances which come at a cost and undermine the faith of the crowd around you.

O’Brien accepted that he was under scrutiny before the match at Leicester, a game in which Grayson turned to him with Darren O’Dea injured and Tom Lees suspended. Even with that creditable display to his name, he is cautious about his situation at Elland Road.

“I’ve got to be a bit guarded because of what happened (to Rachubka),” O’Brien said. “I played at Leicester and there were question marks over me from certain angles. It’s something I was well aware of.

“Had I made a mistake or a couple of mistakes, were the circumstances going to be the same for me? I’ve played nearly 500 games in my career and it’s something you’re going to think about.

“I didn’t give myself the best opportunity to perform on the first day of the season and I was disappointed with the reaction I got in the Bradford game, but I’ve played professional football for 16 years and I’d like to think of this as one of my qualities – that when things aren’t going the way I’d like them to, I still come back.

“When you get to 32 people start to have more of an opinion on you, but there’ve always been adverse opinions about me throughout my career. If I believed everything people said then I should probably think of myself as the luckiest footballer who ever existed.”

Grayson had previously used O’Brien in Leeds’ Carling Cup game at Doncaster Rovers and again as a substitute against Ipswich Town in late August but the defender, to all intents and purposes, was out of favour for the best part of three months. Prior to his reappearance at Leicester, he had been named on the bench only twice. Suggestions of a return to contention came primarily from Grayson who began to speak highly of O’Brien’s demeanour in training.

“I like to think I’m in the manager’s reckoning again,” O’Brien said. “That performance and result (at Leicester) has wiped away the past 11 weeks.

“I’ve had some frustrating, dark times; times when I wasn’t even travelling with the squad. That’s never happened to me in my career before.

“But when I played against Southampton, I’d only played 45 minutes since the QPR game at the end of last season and I’d done two weeks of training out of six in pre-season. It was probably a bit of naivety on my part and I had a much better chance of performing against Leicester.

“When I look at it, I’ve played 36 games for Leeds and had two indifferent ones. I don’t think those two performances were terrible but I could have been blamed for playing a part in the goals we conceded.

“But to have two indifferent games out of 36 and then find yourself under massive pressure the next time you start is tough – almost a case of if you do it again, where do you go from there? That was a hard position to be in. All I could do was put it to the back of my mind.

Duty

“If I do the maths, I wasn’t fit against Southampton and they’ve torn other teams apart this season. They’re at the top of the league. People aren’t interested in that, but I was interested in that. I worked hard and told myself that if an opportunity came, I’d make sure I was in a position to do my best.

“When the chips are down, there’s still a bigger picture and I’ve got a duty to perform and do my best for the team. As an individual I want to achieve things and prove I can still play.”

Speaking about the Elland Road crowd’s treatment of Rachubka during his capitulation against Blackpool, O’Brien said: “The thing you have to remember is that it’s not just a case of how it affects the goalkeeper but also how it affects other players as well.

“Players look at it and maybe start to wonder what will happen if they make mistakes. That’s a consequence. I honestly feel that if we all pull together and play our part – fans, players, staff – then we’ve got an opportunity this season. A massive opportunity.”

O’Brien missed last season’s fire-fight between United and Burnley at Turf Moor, sitting injured on the sidelines as Leeds overcame a 2-0 deficit and snatched a dramatic victory through Jonathan Howson’s 85th-minute goal.

Whether he plays at Burnley tomorrow is one of the more intriguing questions with Lees available after suspension, O’Dea fit and Patrick Kisnorbo as prominent in the quota of centre-backs as O’Brien.

“I don’t know whether I’m confident of playing,” he said. “Obviously I want to play but the other lads have done well. For me, Leicester has appeased the last 11 weeks. It’s frustrating being sat on the sidelines.

“I watched the Burnley game last season and in an ideal world tomorrow’s game will come up 1-0. But a 3-2 win again with Jonny scoring in the last few minutes would do just as well.”
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #212 på: November 18, 2011, 12:49:56 »
Morsomt søk på O'Brien....at vi var linket i 2007 har gått meg hus forbi. Se annen tråd. Blir til-og-meed vanskelig å slå sammen. Bør kansjke klippes og limes igjen.....men men...hva vet vel jeg...  ;)

http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php/topic,7481.0.html

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Leedsfan

« Svar #213 på: November 18, 2011, 13:12:34 »
Morsomt søk på O'Brien....at vi var linket i 2007 har gått meg hus forbi. Se annen tråd. Blir til-og-meed vanskelig å slå sammen. Bør kansjke klippes og limes igjen.....men men...hva vet vel jeg...  ;)

http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php/topic,7481.0.html

Jeg søkte på O'Brien og fant ikke denne tråden med første øyekast...:)

Jon R

« Svar #214 på: November 18, 2011, 14:05:51 »
Må si jeg er kraftig imponert over hva den gamle ringreven Redknapp har fått til på trasfermarkedet det siste året. Det er <i>ikke </i>tilfeldig at de ligger på øverste halvdel av PL. Vi får håpe dette åpner for at O`Brien kommer til oss.  [8)]

Jon R.

Er du like fornøyd nå?

Klarer dessverre ikke å huske sinnstemningen og akkurat hvor fornøyd jeg var for nesten 5 år siden, Leedsfan.  :)
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #215 på: November 18, 2011, 16:02:15 »

Jon R.

Er du like fornøyd nå?

Klarer dessverre ikke å huske sinnstemningen og akkurat hvor fornøyd jeg var for nesten 5 år siden, Leedsfan.  :)

Hehe, du skal slippe å stå til svars for det..:) Smilte litt når jeg så at du hadde skrevet siste innlegg i denne tråden. At det fantes en oppdatert tråd fant jo Promo10 ut, så det var ikke helt med mening å nekrobumpe denne tråden..

Jon R

« Svar #216 på: November 18, 2011, 17:27:39 »

Jon R.

Er du like fornøyd nå?

Hehe, du skal slippe å stå til svars for det..:) Smilte litt når jeg så at du hadde skrevet siste innlegg i denne tråden. At det fantes en oppdatert tråd fant jo Promo10 ut, så det var ikke helt med mening å nekrobumpe denne tråden..

Alles in ordnung.  :)
Jon R.

HåvardK

« Svar #217 på: November 18, 2011, 19:15:49 »

Jon R.

Er du like fornøyd nå?

Alles in ordnung:)
Hvor mange ganger må jeg si dette: STOR BOKSTAV PÃ… SUBSTANTIV!

R - R

« Svar #218 på: November 19, 2011, 16:29:02 »
Grayson fortalte nettopp i intervjuet etter kampen at O'Brien kom til han fredags morgon og fortalte at han nekta å spele kampen i dag mot Burnley.

Idiot! Det var definitivt det siste vi såg av han i den vakre, kvite trøya.
- Rune

Glenn K

« Svar #219 på: November 19, 2011, 16:38:48 »
Grayson fortalte nettopp i intervjuet etter kampen at O'Brien kom til han fredags morgon og fortalte at han nekta å spele kampen i dag mot Burnley.

Ble det nevnt noe om hvorfor O'Brien nektet?

Oggy

« Svar #220 på: November 19, 2011, 16:39:22 »

Hva, er det mulig ????
Begynner han å leke som en viss kar i Manchester  >:(
Oggy

Oggy

Oggy

R - R

« Svar #222 på: November 19, 2011, 16:52:45 »

Nei, men spekulasjonane går på at West Ham ynskjer han. Der er også gamlesjefen hans Allardyce sjef. Det sære er at O'Brien nyleg var på YR og uttalte at han var profesjonell og ville gjere sitt for å halde plassen på laget. Han var også tiltenkt å starte i dag, men sa altså i går at han ikkje vil spele for Leeds igjen. Det vil heilt sikkert kome meir info til veka.

Uansett, trur ikkje det er eit stort tap. Lees er framtida, O'Brien er ikkje det. Han er også klubbens best betalte spelar, så good riddance. Synst Leeds bør kvitte seg med Bruce også i januar og hente inn ein god midtstoppar som kan spele ilag med Lees. Så har vi O'Dea i tillegg. Paddy er ikkje god nok lenger - mannen har ikkje fart i kroppen.
- Rune

sportcarl1

« Svar #223 på: November 19, 2011, 16:58:51 »
en frisk Bruce tror jag på, han har speed och luftstyrka, däremot kisnorbos dagar är nog snart räknade tycker han drar mest i tröjor nu för tiden, men som sagt här innan Lees är framtiden, o dea är också en man inte verkar veta var man har, verkar hyfsad på marken, men han förlorar förvånansvärt mycket i luften,

johnny gangster

« Svar #224 på: November 19, 2011, 17:01:02 »
Få han vekk!!

RoarG

« Svar #225 på: November 19, 2011, 17:02:11 »
Ser ikke fram til å sparke midtstoppere ut av laget hvis vi ikke kan få noen erstattere for dem. Så hvis O' Brien, Bruce og Bromby skal bort, hvem vil vi ha inn i stedet?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Hallgeir *

« Svar #226 på: November 19, 2011, 17:07:53 »

Nei, men spekulasjonane går på at West Ham ynskjer han. Der er også gamlesjefen hans Allardyce sjef. Det sære er at O'Brien nyleg var på YR og uttalte at han var profesjonell og ville gjere sitt for å halde plassen på laget. Han var også tiltenkt å starte i dag, men sa altså i går at han ikkje vil spele for Leeds igjen. Det vil heilt sikkert kome meir info til veka.

Uansett, trur ikkje det er eit stort tap. Lees er framtida, O'Brien er ikkje det. Han er også klubbens best betalte spelar, så good riddance. Synst Leeds bør kvitte seg med Bruce også i januar og hente inn ein god midtstoppar som kan spele ilag med Lees. Så har vi O'Dea i tillegg. Paddy er ikkje god nok lenger - mannen har ikkje fart i kroppen.

Hvis O'Brien har vært på YR, kan vi da REGNE med at vi har sett det siste av han?  ::)
Super Leeds since 1968

stefan

« Svar #227 på: November 19, 2011, 17:15:15 »
Han kan vel regne med minst en dobling av lønnen i west ham. Totalt talentløst av AOB. Slike spillere trenger vi absolutt ikke.  :-[
www.tenforken.com

"Always carry a flagon of Whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake." W.C Fields

J.N

• På juniorlaget
  • "I'm pretty confident we'll go up this year" - Edd
    • Vis profil
« Svar #228 på: November 19, 2011, 17:16:03 »

Hvis O'Brien har vært på YR, kan vi da REGNE med at vi har sett det siste av han?  ::)

Badum-tsssch

Oggy

« Svar #229 på: November 19, 2011, 17:45:46 »
Litt merkelig at West Ham har bruk for en spiller,
som sitter på tribunen hos oss.

Men deres manager har vel tro på han, da.

Oggy

jaho

« Svar #230 på: November 19, 2011, 17:58:20 »
Litt merkelig at West Ham har bruk for en spiller,
som sitter på tribunen hos oss.

Men deres manager har vel tro på han, da.

Håper det ikke er dårlig stemning i klubben... Dette her med O`Brien, ryktene om
at Becchio vil bort, hvis han ikke får mer spilletid, og la merke til at Nunez virket helt
likegyldig, da vi avgjorde, ikke en gang henda over hodet, bare ruslet unna.. Nå er jo dette tre spillere som sikkert regnet med å delta mer, men er urolig hvis det er murring i gruppa..
Ellers pleier jo infoen være at vi har en glimrende spirit i gruppa.. Håper det er det
som stemmer, så vi ikke bare har en fornøyd 1. 11-er..

Tom S

« Svar #231 på: November 19, 2011, 18:22:22 »
Get out of our club, get out of ouuuuuuur cluuuub - you shite bastard GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!!

(om det stemmer at AOB har nektet å spille kampen idag er det RYSE og han kan dra seg forterer enn svint vekk frå TA og ER)
COME ON LEEDS !!

Leedsfan

« Svar #232 på: November 19, 2011, 18:26:18 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_o_brien_won_t_play_for_whites_again_grayson_1_3986889

Sitat
Leeds United manager Simon Grayson insists Andy O’Brien will never represent the club again after refusing to play in their dramatic comeback victory at Burnley.

O’Brien has made just three npower Championship appearances this season and has been targeted by the Leeds boo-boys but Grayson previously claimed he would not consider allowing the defender to leave on loan.

However, the Leeds boss admits O’Brien no longer has a future at the club after the 32-year-old former Newcastle and Bolton man told him on Friday he never wanted to appear for Leeds again.

“Andy O’Brien came to me on Friday and said that he no longer wanted to play for this football club,” said Grayson after the 2-1 win at Turf Moor.

“It came as a shock on Friday but he won’t play for this football club again as long as I am here.

“It came as a shock, especially after I have backed him publicly and privately over the last few weeks.

“As manager, I have the right in the early parts of the season to take players out of the team and bring others in.

“I have said that Andy had trained well and did enough to get back into the team against Leicester.

“He said he didn’t want to play then but I said I needed him to and I thought he played well.

“I don’t want to say too much about the circumstances just now but we will decide internally what happens now and make a statement next week.”

On the pitch Robert Snodgrass scored twice in the final 15 minutes to eclipse Jay Rodriguez’s 10th minute strike for Burnley.

“On the match, we were lucky to still be in the game at half-time and our keeper made one or two good saves,” added Grayson.

“Burnley dominated us in the first half but we said at half-time that we needed to up the tempo.

“Once we got the equaliser, I felt we could go on and win the game because we had the presence of the Leeds fans trying to suck the ball into the net.”

Burnley boss Eddie Howe insisted his side were unfortunate to be defeated.

“I thought for the majority of the game, if not the full 90 minutes, we were excellent,” said Howe, who lost leading scorer Charlie Austin to a dislocated shoulder.

“We looked good going forward and we tested their keeper regularly. Leeds are a good side so we were pleased with that.

“Lee Grant only had one save to make yet he is having to pick the ball out of the back of the net.

“There are a lot of positives to take but individual mistakes have cost us again.

“Now is the time to show strength of character because it is a difficult run that we are on. I still believe in this group of players.

“It was a massive blow losing Charlie Austin. He said he felt it pop straight away so it is a big blow for us.

“Sam Vokes has come in and been welcomed into the group and I thought he did well.”

Godt å bli kvitt han, men fy faen for en drittsekk.............

Oggy

« Svar #233 på: November 19, 2011, 18:45:43 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_o_brien_won_t_play_for_whites_again_grayson_1_3986889

Sitat
Leeds United manager Simon Grayson insists Andy O’Brien will never represent the club again after refusing to play in their dramatic comeback victory at Burnley.

O’Brien has made just three npower Championship appearances this season and has been targeted by the Leeds boo-boys but Grayson previously claimed he would not consider allowing the defender to leave on loan.

However, the Leeds boss admits O’Brien no longer has a future at the club after the 32-year-old former Newcastle and Bolton man told him on Friday he never wanted to appear for Leeds again.

“Andy O’Brien came to me on Friday and said that he no longer wanted to play for this football club,” said Grayson after the 2-1 win at Turf Moor.

“It came as a shock on Friday but he won’t play for this football club again as long as I am here.

“It came as a shock, especially after I have backed him publicly and privately over the last few weeks.

“As manager, I have the right in the early parts of the season to take players out of the team and bring others in.

“I have said that Andy had trained well and did enough to get back into the team against Leicester.

“He said he didn’t want to play then but I said I needed him to and I thought he played well.

“I don’t want to say too much about the circumstances just now but we will decide internally what happens now and make a statement next week.”

On the pitch Robert Snodgrass scored twice in the final 15 minutes to eclipse Jay Rodriguez’s 10th minute strike for Burnley.

“On the match, we were lucky to still be in the game at half-time and our keeper made one or two good saves,” added Grayson.

“Burnley dominated us in the first half but we said at half-time that we needed to up the tempo.

“Once we got the equaliser, I felt we could go on and win the game because we had the presence of the Leeds fans trying to suck the ball into the net.”

Burnley boss Eddie Howe insisted his side were unfortunate to be defeated.

“I thought for the majority of the game, if not the full 90 minutes, we were excellent,” said Howe, who lost leading scorer Charlie Austin to a dislocated shoulder.

“We looked good going forward and we tested their keeper regularly. Leeds are a good side so we were pleased with that.

“Lee Grant only had one save to make yet he is having to pick the ball out of the back of the net.

“There are a lot of positives to take but individual mistakes have cost us again.

“Now is the time to show strength of character because it is a difficult run that we are on. I still believe in this group of players.

“It was a massive blow losing Charlie Austin. He said he felt it pop straight away so it is a big blow for us.

“Sam Vokes has come in and been welcomed into the group and I thought he did well.”

Godt å bli kvitt han, men fy faen for en drittsekk.............

Hva fan er det som skjer med fotballspillere nå til dags? Helt på trynet
Oggy

fjellhaugen

« Svar #234 på: November 19, 2011, 18:52:16 »
man kan til dels skjønne det dersom det er en stjernespiller som uansett vil forsvinne og det innen kort tid.

men når det er obrian det gjelder må jeg si det er latterlig.
foreslår at andy ser sesongens første kamper i replay og tenker seg litt om.
januar 3. remember the date. we beat the team that we f@*kin hate. we knocked the scum out the FA cup. we`re super leeds and we`re goin up!!!!!

Cherry

« Svar #235 på: November 19, 2011, 18:55:17 »
Få han vekk!!

Såååååå enig - hva skal vi med spillere som dette?
Sur , eller har det kommet tilbud til ham om en annen klunn?
Uansett, han er stor, treg & gammel...la han gå!

Kickthemdown

« Svar #236 på: November 19, 2011, 18:59:07 »
Søppelspiller som aldri skulle vært hentet inn i det hele tatt. Håper han går til West Ham og får fast plass. Er jo bare gunsdig for oss  :)

Billy the king

« Svar #237 på: November 19, 2011, 19:14:08 »
bli kvitt vrakgodset....

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #238 på: November 19, 2011, 19:16:34 »
Get out of our club, get out of ouuuuuuur cluuuub - you shite bastard GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!!

(om det stemmer at AOB har nektet å spille kampen idag er det RYSE og han kan dra seg forterer enn svint vekk frå TA og ER)

Jepp. Ut med den ubrukelige driten.

Den best betalte spilleren i klubben frigjør en del penger her nå hvis han nå forsvinner!

baste

« Svar #239 på: November 19, 2011, 19:24:19 »
Få han vekk!!

ENIG, slik oppførsel i troppen trenger vi ikke