Skrevet av Emne: NYTT: Norske i britisk fotball  (Lest 40878 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYTT: Norske i britisk fotball
« Svar #210 på: April 11, 2008, 09:26:01 »
Historiske Lundekvam
Claus Lundekvam blir den første nordmannen som får en avskjedskamp i England.

http://www.ba.no/sport/fotball/article3466141.ece

kjelvi

« Svar #211 på: April 20, 2008, 12:14:58 »
Werder Bremen confirm interest for Villa's Carew, Baros

Werder Bremen have confirmed interest in Aston Villa striker John Carew.
Portsmouth's Milan Baros, on-loan from Lyon, is also interesting Werder ahead of the summer market.
"We are considering the possible signings of players like John Carew or Milan Baros," Werder sports chief Allofs told SportBild.

Per-Stian

« Svar #212 på: April 21, 2008, 00:11:57 »
Lille John med to mål i dagens kamp mot byrival B'ham.

kjelvi

« Svar #213 på: April 23, 2008, 08:35:52 »
Liverpool's Riise remains on Newcastle radar

Liverpool left-back John Arne Riise remains on the radar of Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan.
Keegan admitted yesterday he wants to make a new left-back signing and the Evening Chronicle says Riise has the quality that he is looking for.

kjelvi

« Svar #214 på: April 23, 2008, 08:36:30 »
Carew fancies playing out career at Villa

John Carew can see himself playing out his career at Aston Villa.
"I really love it here, it is really fantastic to be here," Carew told Sky Sports News. "The club, the players, the fans are fantastic and also playing in the Premier League for me in my eyes is the greatest league to play in for football players.
"I don't think anything can be better than this I am really happy to be here, proud to be here."
When asked if he could see himself ending his career at Villa, Carew said: "Yeah absolutely, I cannot be more happy than I am now.
"Everybody is fantastic, the fans are fantastic, the club is fantastic and everything is working well for the team and myself."

kjelvi

« Svar #215 på: April 23, 2008, 08:37:04 »
Hangeland has no Fulham regrets  

Brede Hangeland has no regrets over moving to Fulham this season.
The defender told fulhamfc.com: "It's a great Club.
"There are lots of friendly people, lots of good players and good coaches, so basically I'm happy with everything, apart from our position in the league, but hopefully we can do something about that in the last few games."

kjelvi

« Svar #216 på: April 23, 2008, 15:55:21 »
Fredrikstad's £4m-rated striker Tarik Elyounoussi is being watched by Tottenham, Blackburn and Wigan after firing his side to the top of the Norwegian league. (Daily Mail)

kjelvi

« Svar #217 på: April 23, 2008, 21:01:41 »
Nordtveit hopes to save Arsenal millions

Havard Nordtveit is urging Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to keep his chequebook closed over plans to add a new defender to his squad.
The 17 year-old Norwegian told arsenal.com: "Of course I want to be that player.
"It is up to me to show them what I have.
"My first season has been very good. It was not so happy in the start with my injury but I am pleased to be back regularly in the Reserves, and to be captain. We got a smashing result on Monday night so it is just going upwards.
"Playing in the pre-season games is in my mind. I will miss the last reserve game as I am away with the national team on Thursday, but I will keep trying to do everything in training and if I am picked [for pre-season games] I will be very pleased. We will see."

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=490577&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Nordtveit+-+I+can+be+Arsenal%27s+%27new+defender%27
« Siste redigering: April 23, 2008, 21:05:56 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #218 på: April 23, 2008, 21:04:16 »
Fulham's Nevland confident beating Man City

Fulham striker Erik Nevland believes the Cottagers can prolong their top-flight stay and win at Manchester City this weekend.
"Now we've done it once why can't we do it twice?" the striker said. "It was a great boost that we won away last time and we believe that we can do it, but we have to work hard this week."

kjelvi

« Svar #219 på: April 25, 2008, 09:43:43 »
Dundee United have confirmed defender Christian Kalvenes is set to leave the club. (Daily Record)

kjelvi

« Svar #220 på: April 26, 2008, 21:12:52 »
Christian Kalvenes: I want to see Dundee United in Europe before I quit

CHRISTIAN KALVENES will spend the next month praying Dundee United win the race for third spot - even though he won't be around to star in Europe next season if they do.
The Norwegian has confirmed his intention to move back to Scandinavia when his contract expires and because he's currently sidelined with a knee injury manager Craig Levein has agreed he can leave early next month to get treatment back home.
Kalvenes will return to Tannadice to watch the Celtic match on the final day of the season and hopes to join the rest of United's players on the pitch celebrating finishing third in the SPL. The 31-year-old, who decided to go for family reasons, was signed by former manager Craig Brewster two years ago but has been a key player since Levein arrived late in 2006 to transform the club.
United have gone from relegation certainties to one of the slickest outfits in the SPL and should they beat Motherwell today, they will leapfrog Mark McGhee's side into third.
If they do Kalvenes believes United will be the team to catch in the UEFA Cup chase - even though Motherwell have games in hand. He said: "I'm very sad to be leaving but sometimes you have to put your family first. I've loved being a Dundee United player and things have just got better and better at the club.
"I'm leaving with the team in a very good position. I'll be back in Scotland for the final game of the season so I can say goodbye to the supporters and hopefully I'll be able to join the rest of the team in celebrating third place.
"I'm confident they can do it and get into the UEFA Cup next season."
Kalvenes does not have a club lined up and will be working hard to get fit in order to prove himself. He said: "It's going to take about six weeks to get fit and then I'll have to start looking for a contract."

dailyrecord.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #221 på: April 27, 2008, 11:33:49 »
Werder Bremen are chasing Premier League strikers John Carew and Milan Baros. (Daily Star)

kjelvi

« Svar #222 på: April 27, 2008, 11:57:03 »
Carew charged by Villa's electricity
Only Manchester United can boast a better goals record than O'Neill's men

'We are surfing on the wave - now we just have to not fall off the board.'
'Ashley's got a diamond in his foot.'

John Carew offered a chuckle at himself following the first of these remarks. But these lines from the striker, who has scored 12 goals this season, offer a fair assessment of why Villa visit Everton this afternoon well placed in their quest for fifth place and a guaranteed Uefa Cup place.
Ashley Young has been doing much of the creating for Carew and Gabriel Agbonlahor to do the scoring, says the striker. 'This is a six-point match and a great opportunity - every footballer wants to play in Europe. It was not looking so good, but suddenly everything is fantastic.'
Four matches ago Manchester United trounced Martin O'Neill's team 4-0. Since then it is 15-1 to Villa. Bolton had four put past them, Derby six and last week Birmingham were embarrassed 5-1. 'That was electric,' Carew says of the atmosphere at the derby. 'And only Manchester United have more goals than us in the league.'
He is correct. It is a telling statistic, giving Villa a one-goal edge over the 66 scored by Arsenal, who have spent this season monopolising the praise for their free-flowing style. Yet Villa, when they break through Young and Agbonlahor, have arguably more pace than even United, and are certainly quicker than today's opponents. Yet while David Moyes's team have scored 50 in the league Villa's defence have conceded 16 more to leave Everton - who are three points ahead - edging the goal difference. Portsmouth, who host Blackburn in the earlier match today, are four points behind Everton so the FA Cup finalists are also still in the hunt for fifth.
Last week Liverpool's Fernando Torres claimed that La Liga has greater strength in depth than the Premier League. What does Carew, who won a Spanish championship and lost a Champions League final against Bayern Munich during four years with Valencia, think? 'It's difficult to say. When I was in La Liga they had [many] teams in the semi-final,' he says of the 2001 and 2002 competitions when there were two Spanish clubs each year. 'Now it is English clubs so that's the first proof of where the strongest league is.'
Carew is 28-years-old yet Villa is his seventh club. He began at Valerenga and Rosenborg in Norway before spells with Valencia, Roma, Besiktas, Lyon and Villa. Carew says this was because of differing circumstances each time that included a loan spell at Roma [in 2003] 'when they were nearly bankrupt. It took five or six months for the salaries to come. I went to Besiktas [from Valencia in July 2004] because of Vicente del Bosque. He was then the hottest manager in Europe almost because he won everything with Real Madrid. Then I was happy to leave for Lyon [a year later] because they were one of the strongest clubs.'
Gérard Houllier, the Lyon coach, 'tried to get me to go to Liverpool when I was at Valencia,' he says. 'But I've no regrets. Valencia were a better team and I thought we were going to win the Champions League.'
Rafa Benítez, Del Bosque, Houllier and O'Neill are among the more impressive managers of recent years. Who did Carew learn the most from? 'Actually it was Nils Arne Eggen at Rosenborg,' he says of Norway's most successful coach. 'I was up and down while at Valerenga, but suddenly I scored 20 in 18 games. He was easy to understand.'
Carew learned another lesson in 2003 on being sent home by Norway ahead of a friendly against Portugal. This followed a fight with John Arne Riise, now with Liverpool. 'The fight was a long time ago. Sometimes you're just in a bad mood. I felt it in my stomach [when Riise scored his own goal against Chelsea last Tuesday] - I sent him a text to say just forget this.'
Carew will be hoping to score at the correct end today.

Guardian

kjelvi

« Svar #223 på: April 27, 2008, 23:08:51 »
Villa striker Carew: No problems with Riise

Aston Villa striker John Carew says he is again friends with Norway teammate John Arne Riise.
Carew, who was kicked out of the Norway squad for clashing with Riise in 2003, was among the first to contact the Liverpool fullback after seeing him put through his own goal last week against Chelsea.
"I felt it in my stomach," he told the Sunday Telegraph, reliving the goal. "I felt sorry for him. I reached him and told him to forget it. It was terrible. Watching it, you just felt bad.
"The fight is from the past. It was a long time ago and we're really good friends now. It happens in the changing room. Sometimes you are in a bad mood in a bad period. It just happens."

kjelvi

« Svar #224 på: April 27, 2008, 23:10:36 »
Villa boss O'Neill delighted with Carew

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is delighted with the form being shown by centre-forward John Carew.
He said: "John is exceptionally pleased with his own performances right now. His whole demeanour is oozing positivity and I am really pleased.
"When he is in the sort of form he showed against Birmingham he is unplayable, and it is great to hear other managers like Alex McLeish saying he is a real handful.
"Even on days when he thinks he has not been that good, other managers have still said after a game what a handful John is to their defenders.
"It is hard for him to reproduce top, top performances every week but his top, top performances are starting to happen more often.
"John would think himself he is capable of consistent top-quality performances. If he can add that consistency to his game then you have got a world-class player."

kjelvi

« Svar #225 på: April 29, 2008, 11:40:20 »
Man Utd to mark Solskjaer career   

Manchester United will pay tribute to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in August with a testimonial match to mark the Norwegian's 11-year career at the club.
The Solskjaer testimonial match will be against Espanyol of Spain on 2 August at Old Trafford, and form part of the team's pre-season preparations.
Striker Solskjaer retired last August due to injury problems after netting 126 goals in 366 appearances.
"I am delighted to be given this game by the club," said the 34-year-old.
"It will be a very emotional day for me, to play one last time at Old Trafford in front of our amazing fans.
"I am going to savour every moment and I hope the fans and Manchester United can also share in my special day."
Solskjaer, who is now on the club's coaching staff, cost United just £1.5m in July 1996.
He frequently made telling contributions from the bench, notably in the 1999 Champions League final when he scored the winning goal.
He also famously netted four goals in 12 minutes in a substitute appearance against Nottingham Forest.
Manchester United chief executive David Gill said: "Ole is one of Manchester United's true professionals.
"We look forward to hosting the first pre-season game at Old Trafford in honour of Ole's illustrious career."

BBC

kjelvi

« Svar #226 på: April 30, 2008, 19:08:31 »
Fulham's Hangeland: Birmingham clash like Cup final

Fulham defender Brede Hangeland believes this weekend's clash with Birmingham City is like a Cup final.
"It's fairly similar - we really have to win this one too," Hangeland told fulhamfc.com. "We need to win our last two games and we're quite confident after the good win over Manchester City.
"It didn't look good for us at half-time but we kept at it and got a fantastic win. So we're in a position where we have everything to play for and if we try as hard as we did at City, I think we have a chance.
"We knew that if we lost that game we would be out of it, so the win was a great achievement and it gave us confidence and we still have a chance to get out of trouble."
Birmingham will be certain to come to the Cottage in no mood to surrender the points and Hangeland is expecting an uncompromising afternoon.
"I think we can expect a tight and really tough game," he said. "It will be a physical game and we have to be prepared for that. Considering our position in the league, our fans have been fantastic and they will play a major part again this weekend."

kjelvi

« Svar #227 på: Mai 02, 2008, 11:37:40 »
summer clearout with Peter Crouch, Jermaine Pennant, John Arne Riise and Xabi Alonso in line to leave to create funds for Gareth Barry, Borussia Dortmund full-back Philipp Degen and Wigan's Antonio Valencia. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #228 på: Mai 06, 2008, 18:28:51 »
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has told John Arne Riise he has no future at the club.  (The Sun)

Liverpool defender John Arne Riise has been told he can find another club. He has been offered to Aston Villa as part of a deal for Gareth Barry. (The Sun)
« Siste redigering: Mai 06, 2008, 18:33:07 av kjelvi »

lojosang

« Svar #229 på: Mai 06, 2008, 23:01:37 »
Liverpool defender John Arne Riise has been told he can find another club. He has been offered to Aston Villa as part of a deal for Gareth Barry. (The Sun)

Jeg er ingen stor Riise-fan, men om vi kan overta ham som "part of a deal for" Sweeney, Westlake og Kandol sier jeg ja takk.  :D
- Leif Olav

kjelvi

« Svar #230 på: Mai 09, 2008, 20:22:37 »
Arsenal trials for Norway keeper McDermott

Arsenal are taking a close look at IK Vag goalkeeper Sean McDermott.
McDermott, 16, plays in Norway, but actually boasts Irish parents and has spent the past ten days trialling with the Gunners.
The highly rated youngster has also had trials with Tottenham and Falkirk.

kjelvi

« Svar #231 på: Mai 11, 2008, 13:28:46 »
Nevland feeling more settled at Fulham

Fulham striker Erik Nevland says he's feeling comfortable at Craven Cottage after his strike last week against Birmingham City.
"I'm happy that I can make a contribution really because I had a really bad spell in March were I just didn't feel good and my form was bad," he said. "There was the transfer and settling in - there were a lot of things playing a role in my form.
"Obviously it's great to get out of that and to get back into contention and to contribute to the team.
"In the last few games I feel that I have had a good impact when I have come on, and that is a good feeling."

kjelvi

« Svar #232 på: Mai 11, 2008, 13:29:29 »
Nevland: Fulham chairman an inspiration  

Erik Nevland has hailed Fulham chairman Mohamed Al Fayed as "an inspiration" ahead of today's relegation decider at Portsmouth.
"He has been an inspiration because he's been down a few times to talk to the players," said recent £1.85m signing Nevland.
"He's been to the training ground and also for about an hour before the game against Birmingham. You can see his commitment to the club and it gives us a buzz. He says things colourfully but I'm not going to say exactly what."

kjelvi

« Svar #233 på: Mai 12, 2008, 15:36:57 »
Roma join interest for Liverpool's Riise

Roma are chasing Liverpool wing-back John Arne Riise.
Reds boss Rafa Benitez has admitted he's listening to offers for the Norway international and Tuttosport says Roma are keen to bring the defender to Italy next season.

kjelvi

« Svar #234 på: Mai 13, 2008, 12:24:48 »
Tottenham hope to make Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen their first signing of the summer - but Blackburn will reject Spurs' £4million offer.  (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #235 på: Mai 18, 2008, 10:19:26 »
John Arne Riise is ready to snub a move to Newcastle for the lure of Champions League football next season with Schalke emerging as favourites to sign him. (News of the World)

kjelvi

« Svar #236 på: Mai 19, 2008, 22:40:28 »
Man Utd legend Solskjaer: '99 celebration slide didn't wreck career  

Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is adamant his 1999 Champions League goal celebration did not wreck his career.
Solskjaer's slide towards the corner flag after scoring his goal has become an iconic image. He actually injured his knee in the process, but is adamant that it was unconnected to the problem that forced him to retire at the age of 34. 
"I did get a medial ligament injury, which is nothing in football terms, three weeks,' he said. 'I can declare that it was nothing to do with what happened later."
Sadly, the legacy of his more serious knee injury remains to this day. He feels pain in his right knee every day and worries that it will limit his capabilities as a coach.
But he has few regrets and is grateful his son, Noah, got to see him play before he retired.
"I was fooling myself a bit towards the end but I got a year out of it, another championship medal and a few goals as well,' he said. 'And it is very important for me that my son remembers his Dad playing football again.
"My Dad was a good wrestler but I've only seen newspaper clips, never seen him wrestle. I don't want to be the Dad who brags about how good he was. I want my son to remember me playing."

kjelvi

« Svar #237 på: Mai 24, 2008, 12:50:55 »
Juventus are targeting Liverpool duo Xabi Alonso and John Arne Riise. (Italian sports paper Gazzetta dello Sport)

kjelvi

« Svar #238 på: Mai 25, 2008, 23:04:34 »
Riise ponders Liverpool future
John Arne Riise admits he could be on his way from Liverpool in the summer.
"Considering my situation, I would like to stay, but I know that there's big clubs that want me," said Riise. "For me it is an honour to be approached by these clubs. The most important thing for me is to play regularly."

kjelvi

« Svar #239 på: Mai 30, 2008, 13:04:59 »
RIISE WANTS ANSWER FROM RAFA

John Arne Riise wants Rafa Benitez to make a decision on his future at Liverpool before he returns to the club for pre-season training.
The left-back endured a frustrating 2006/07 campaign after failing to hold on to a regular place in Benitez's starting line-up.
Benitez is also trying to increase competition in Riise's position, with the Reds reportedly in talks to sign Udinese defender Andrea Dossena.
Riise has already admitted he could be forced to move on after seven years at Anfield, with Aston Villa and Newcastle having been linked with offers.
The 27-year-old is now calling for Benitez to make a decision on his Liverpool career before he returns to the club for pre-season in early July.
"My agent is set to find out what is happening," said the Norwegian.
"I have to get things sorted out before pre-season starts. Those who have played internationals are due to meet up on July 7.

"I can't wait and wait for an answer. I have to get an answer now."

PA