Skrevet av Emne: Det er desverre over!!!!  (Lest 8327 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: Det er desverre over!!!!
« Svar #30 på: Februar 26, 2007, 20:14:03 »
Peter Lorimer:
Fortune's surely got to change for luckless United
(NB! Skrevet før Wolves-tapet)
---

By Peter Lorimer

IF it wasn't for bad luck, Leeds United would have had no luck at all this season.
Just how many more things can go wrong before fortune begins to smile on them?
Those who like to back horses know the routine only too well.
When your luck is out your horse has gone six lengths clear going to the last fence and you absolutely know it is going to fall.
It does.
In a sprint the one you've backed has done everything right, going to the front and looking all over the winner until something grabs it right on the line and wins by a short-head.
On the other hand, when things are going for you it leads to a feeling of invincibility.
All your best-laid plans come to fruition and there's no stopping you. These periods are all too brief, though, and it's not long before you're heading for another fall.
If United have been storing up their luck then it needs to make an appearance sooner rather than later.
Look at the match against Queens Park Rangers the other night.
Nearly everything was in place – the big crowd, the buzzing atmosphere and team sheets that suggested Leeds would be much the stronger.
They had the lion's share of the play, particularly in the first half.
But when your luck is out you get a great shot from David Healy that hits the post; another from Robbie Blake which hits the post and two deflections which would surely have gone in had the goalkeeper done the normal thing and already committed himself before the ball's change of direction.
Post-match we learn that Alan Thompson, the man brought in in the January transfer window who everybody thought might make the difference between Coca-Cola Championship safety and relegation, has injured himself so badly that he will be out of action for two months.
Defender Armando Sa will be out for weeks after getting injured and Shaun Derry is on crutches after an Achilles operation.
Horrendous
Kevin Nicholls was brought in last summer and has assumed the captaincy.
But he has had an horrendous season with injuries and needs some time to get right back to his best.
A few weeks ago the new big striker brought in by the club, Tore Andre Flo, scores a smashing goal within five minutes of the first whistle on his home debut and we're all thinking: "This is the fellow."
Right afterwards he goes on a team-bonding exercise to Cyprus, plays in a friendly and breaks his foot.
You couldn't make it up.
Strangely, in the process of dropping two points against QPR the rest of the results contrived to make the relegation picture look a little more rosy for Leeds.
By my reckoning there are now nine teams battling it out to avoid the bottom three positions and United have a real chance.
On the face of it, nobody would give Leeds the remotest prospect of a point from their next two outings, away fixtures at Wolves and Birmingham.
But if there is one thing we have learned from having three seasons in the Championship it is that everybody is capable of beating everybody else.
Personally, I would not be at all surprised if we were to take four points from these two trips to the Midlands.
If anybody needs any persuading of the openness of the Championship then they need only look at Stoke City's away defeat of high-flying Derby County the other night.
Who would have thought that?
Recent victories against Coventry, Crystal Palace and Hull City amply demonstrated what Leeds are capable of and there is no doubt that they are better as a squad than most of the clubs around them in the relegation zone.
All United need is the rub of the green and the run of the ball and all will be well.
I remain convinced of that.

Kilde: http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2072447&SectionID=1083

Erik_

« Svar #31 på: Februar 26, 2007, 20:53:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by normanbites

desverre ikke synsk,bare en helt realistisk konklusjon!!!noen mååå jo score måååååååål for helv....please,prove me wrong!!!!leeds forever!!!!!

Var det ment for det jeg hadde skrevet?
Skjønte ikke helt sammenhengen, men ser du har referert til meg to ganger.

Ja, noen MÃ… score mål. Og vi har både spisser og midtbanespillere som vet hvor målet står. Jeg tror ikke det ligger i at vi har dårlige spillere foran mål. Men heller et spørsmål om taktikk, og å gi opp i motgang. Noe som har irritert meg grønn denne sesongen er at spissene ser ut til å være oppspillspunkt der planen er å spille støttepasning tilbake, uten et genuint ønske om å gå på løp for å få tilbake ballen. Moore er vel kanskje den som prøver mest, men han blir jo seende ut som en hodeløs kylling når han viser litt innsats. Og det er ikke fordi han er søppel. En og annen gangen (Healy) tar spissene til vettet og prøver selv. Noe som mot QPR førte til et skudd i krysstengene fra David Healy.

I fjor foregikk det meste i gåfotball på kanten (Healy) blant både sentrale midtbanespillere og spisser. Uten noen form for stor plan for hva som skulle skje i neste trekk. (Ja, innrømmer det). Noen innlegg fra Lewis som førte til mål ble det jo selvsagt, men alt for lite i forhold til at vi hadde en spiss som Robbie Hulse, etter min mening. Altså har vi gått fra å holde ballen på kanten, til å holde den sentralt uten å ha neste trekk klart.

Med Kandol, Moore og Cresswell som de fysisk sterke. Blake, Healy og Johnson som de litt mer ballsikre og hurtige av våre spisser tilgjengelig nå. Så burde vi enten ha en plan om innlegg fra kant, eller la de mer ballsikre spissene få prøve med litt fiksfakseri i og rundt 16-meteren. Eventuelt lure seg inn med småfrekke løp. Men da må jo midtbanen også ha en plan om å slå de rette ballene, eller bruke innlegg fra kant for det det er verdt.

Og når en spiller som Kandol endelig begynner å vise litt takter med å vinne hodedueller og komme til noe jeg vil kalle avslutninger. Blir vraket helt fra troppen i neste kamp (om det ikke er skade). Og Carole blir kastet inn som en slags nødløsning på kanten, for sikkert å bli vraket helt fra troppen i neste kamp. Så tror jeg ikke vi får se noen av disse to blomstre i slutten av sesongen, men heller være like usynlig og få stempelet like dårlig som først antatt.

Det blir ikke mye mål når den eneste spissen som tør å prøve noe, spiller på midtbanen og vandrer rundt for å få tak i ballen på egen halvdel. Eller, det blir jo noen mål da.

Ja, jeg sikter til Robbie Blake.
« Siste redigering: Februar 26, 2007, 21:02:19 av Enrique »

Papi

« Svar #32 på: Februar 26, 2007, 21:24:33 »
Det finnes overhodet ingen plan over det offensive spillet til Leeds.
Det aller første som må gjerast er å utvikle, nei kanskje ikkje utvikle, heller skjønne at ein må bruke kantane.
Nå såg ikkje eg forrige kamp, men registrerer at Carole starta. Dette får å få brukt kantene i større grad, rekner eg med.

Blake må heilt korrekt som Enrique påpeiker, lengre opp på bana. Einaste mann med ballkontroll, må kunne få vera nærmare mål, så slepp han gå rundt seg sjølv heile tiden, og ikkje komme lenger opp på bana.
Registrerer også at midtbana har ein tendens til å bli for djupe...

I`d rather walk alone
As I Walk Through The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death, I Will Fear No Evil

Kato

« Svar #33 på: Februar 26, 2007, 21:31:39 »
Er vel ikke bare enkelt for Carole å bli kastet inn etter 2 måneder ute. Vanskelig bortekamp med lite possession hos et lag uten fnugg av selvtillit. Trenger vel å "spille seg inn i det". Dessverre en "ikke-brukt-sak" hos vismannen.

Per-Stian

« Svar #34 på: Februar 26, 2007, 21:35:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by Papi

Det finnes overhodet ingen plan over det offensive spillet til Leeds.
Det aller første som må gjerast er å utvikle, nei kanskje ikkje utvikle, heller skjønne at ein må bruke kantane.
Nå såg ikkje eg forrige kamp, men registrerer at Carole starta. Dette får å få brukt kantene i større grad, rekner eg med.

Blake må heilt korrekt som Enrique påpeiker, lengre opp på bana. Einaste mann med ballkontroll, må kunne få vera nærmare mål, så slepp han gå rundt seg sjølv heile tiden, og ikkje komme lenger opp på bana.
Registrerer også at midtbana har ein tendens til å bli for djupe...

I`d rather walk alone

Trur nok litt kan betrast ved å terpe offensive mønster og rollefordeling, men no byrjar eg verkeleg å tru at det skortar på kvalifikasjonane til spelarane. Dømesvis Arsenal og Barca byr på ekstremt variert og fin offensiv fotball, men dei har då også til gjengjeld spelarar som har evne og vilje til å meistre slik fotball. Eit motsatt eksempel var Noreg under Drillo. Då bygde han opp ein filosofi og taktikk som passa perfekt for spelarmaterialet, og lukkast veldig med det. Eg trur dagens Leeds fell mellom to stolar. Ikkje har vi ekstremkvalitetar i form av tekniske spelarar, ei heller ein slik fysikk og kynisme som krevst for å avgjere kampar ved hjelp av to-tre målsjansar (slik Noreg lukkast med på 90-talet).

pale

« Svar #35 på: Februar 26, 2007, 21:36:08 »
quote:

Ja, Carole startet kampen. Dessverre var han totalt elendig. Han startet på kanten, men trakk inn mer sentralt etterhvert. Uten å lykkes med noe som helst der heller.

Er enig med dem som etterlyser en plan over angrepsspillet vårt.
Vi har ikke gjennombruddsløp fra midtbanen, ikke stikkere gjennom til spissene, ingen kanter som kommer rundt til innlegg.

Vi har ett og annet initiativ fra Lewis på venstrekanten, ellers måking opp mot spissene som kjemper en håpløs kamp på egenhånd.

Erik M

« Svar #36 på: Februar 27, 2007, 01:58:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jon R

Det ser stygt ut nå, men jeg klager ikke. Istedet spør jeg: Er det noe vi kan gjøre eller bidra med i en sånn situasjon? [8)]

Det er naivt å tro at vi kan bidra med mye, sånn direkte.  At det er mye kritikk i forumet her er vel OK, men hvis "det går til hælvete" og "nå er det over" holdningene får overta helt kan man vel tenke seg at dette kan smitte og til slutt påvirke de som faktisk er på kampene.  Jeg håper de faste trofast avstår fra å pipe og mobbe og fortsetter å løfte laget frem.

Svar: Nei, det er nok heller fint lite. [:(]

Jon R.

Jon R

« Svar #37 på: Februar 27, 2007, 02:43:58 »
Det tok litt tid før jeg fant innlegget ditt, Erik, men du har jo helt rett. Samtidig må det være lov til å utrykke misnøye og frustrasjon over den største sportslige krisen i klubbens historie. Hvis ikke det er lov til å klage , når kan vi gjøre det da? I Conference league? [8)]

Jon R.
Jon R.

monsivar

« Svar #38 på: Februar 28, 2007, 17:21:54 »
ingenting som tilsier at vi plutselig skal vinne mange kamper,men det er alltid lov å håpe. Tror utfallet av denne sesongen blir trist, selv om jeg alltid er åpen for positive overraskelser.

Trygve

• Gjest
« Svar #39 på: Februar 28, 2007, 19:34:07 »
Rimeligt at det er endel misnøye og frustrasjon ute og går.
Ene sesongen er det kjemping i toppen , som ender med play off finale.
Og så er målet opprykk for neste sesong, mens det ender med en kamp om og overleve !
Forventningene var høye , og fallet ble veldig høyt i forhold til ambisjoner .
Skulle bare mangle at det ikke skulle være godt og få ut litt "galle",og lov skal det være og.
Som han sier :bedre her en at kjerringen får det. (men la hun ikke gå helt fri,litt må hun få hun også :):):) )

Totto

« Svar #40 på: Februar 28, 2007, 20:21:24 »
Har innsett at det skal mirakler til for at vi skal holde oss i divisjonen [V]

Blir nok steget ned, og starte helt nye bekjentskap.

Uff så trist dette er.[xx(]
Totto

Solamen miseris socios habuisse malorum

RoarG

« Svar #41 på: Mars 01, 2007, 00:08:19 »
Huff så mye depping[:(]. Det blir selvfølgelig CCC-spill til neste år også. Måltørken kan jo ikke vare i all evighet. Til lørdag får Wednesday svi, og vips så har vi heng på lagene over med maaange poeng å spille om.

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Karl Hot Shot

« Svar #42 på: Mars 01, 2007, 01:35:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by Totto

Har innsett at det skal mirakler til for at vi skal holde oss i divisjonen [V]

Blir nok steget ned, og starte helt nye bekjentskap.

Uff så trist dette er.[xx(]

Tore Andre Flo? Er dette virkelig deg? Har du tenkt aa bli med oss ned i 3. divisjon?

Dennis

« Svar #43 på: Mars 01, 2007, 01:57:33 »
Selvfølgelig blir vi, alle som en, med Leeds United ned i League One, dersom det skulle bli en realitet! Det er derimot klart at dette vil være et nytt slag i trynet på oss supportere. Man skulle nesten tro vi ville være herdet nå, men slik er det ikke. Nok et nedrykk vil være enormt mange steg tilbake for en klubb som Leeds United; det er mye vanskeligere å rykke opp, enn det er å holde seg i divisjonen! [B)]

Kall meg gjerne snever og trangsynt, men jeg mener at roten til vår elendige innsats denne sesongen, er ingen ringere enn Ken Bates. Med det mener jeg at han ikke bare er en faktor til den dårlige innsatsen, men en direkte grunn til alt. Det ingen tvil om at mannen kom inn på riktig tidspunkt, i en svært kritisk periode for klubbens eksistens, men ved å snurpe igjen både pengesekken og ambisjoner, er han er nå i ferd med å undergrave det han gjorde for et par år siden. Jeg mener ikke at vi skal bli en ny russisk hobbyklubb, men når man selger sine beste, må pengene brukes på å erstatte disse på banen, ikke andre ting.

Forhåpentligvis blir Leeds United solgt videre til noen som bryr seg om det sportslige rundt klubben, ikke kun sin egen pengepung. Det håper jeg skjer uansett om vi rykker ned (Gud forby!) eller holder oss i CCC! For at Leeds United skal kunne oppleve sportslig fremgang, må Ken Bates forsvinne. [}:)]

Hvorfor tror noen at vi har, ved et eventuelt nedrykk, ressurser til å vinne League One neste sesong? Alle våre såkalte stjerner blir borte, men Ken Bates vil jo ikke bruke penger på å erstatte dem. Nei, det ser mørkt ut, venner! [xx(]

- Dennis
Marching on together!

Ferre

« Svar #44 på: Mars 01, 2007, 02:15:41 »
Nedrykk eller ikke nedrykk, så håper jeg Ken Bates forsvinner ut av klubben. Bates har gjort det han kan for klubben, det er nå på tide at vi får inn litt firskt blod med nye ideer og ikke minst ressurser. Tror Wilkinson, med det hjertet han har for klubben, kan få Leeds tilbake til PL igjen - så da får vi bare håper ryktene er sanne.

-WE'LL BE BACK-

RoarG

« Svar #45 på: Mars 01, 2007, 04:39:38 »
Ingen vits i å kreve mr. Bates' avgang hvis ikke andre rikinger er villig til å overta...og gjøre det Bates ikke gjør: bruke cash. Husk at Leedsstyrene er nok traumatisert i lang tid fremover overfor å høre på managere av typen: "Meg ha Ronaldo! Please..Bare 1 milliard i pris og 50 mill. i ukelønn".

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Espen J

« Svar #46 på: Mars 01, 2007, 04:44:24 »
Har aldri vært på en Leeds kamp enda... Planen er å dra på serie åpninga til neste sesong, men hvis det blir league 1.. Hmm Gud forby.. Så skal ej ihvertfall stikke bort før det skjer.. Eventuelt siste kamp denne sesongen, hvor de vinner med 3 mål og overlever i divisjonen grunnet 1 + mål mer enn 3 siste laget.. ;-)

SirOlsen

« Svar #47 på: Mars 01, 2007, 08:29:24 »
Det ser desverre stygt ut ja... :/
-SirOlsen-

Sander

« Svar #48 på: Mars 01, 2007, 09:36:39 »
Samma om Bates eller noen andre styrer oss nå.. Vi har en god nok stall te å klare oss i denna divisjonen!! Og det gjør vi også. Neste år er vi med i toppen igjen. Ser bare litt stygt ut nå, men det kommer seg! Vi er Leeds. League One passer ikke oss. Leeds i League One? Nei det skjer ikke! Tro meg! Ja tro meg!!

Jeg bare tenker litt på en ting fra i fjor. Husker Healy og Hulse var ett knall spisspar, men når Cressy og Blake spilte like bra, om ikke bedre, så tenker jeg, hvorfor ikke la de spille på topp nå og??!! Prøv Wise, PRØV!!!

kjelvi

« Svar #49 på: Mars 01, 2007, 15:41:48 »
Former Wimbledon and Cardiff owner Sam Hammam could be preparing a bid for QPR, along with former Crystal Palace chief Ron Noades. (Daily Mail)

Bare han ikke kaster sine øyner på Leeds!
Den eneste som jeg rater dårligere enn Mr. Chairman Bates som klubbeier.

kjelvi

« Svar #50 på: Mars 01, 2007, 15:49:13 »

Struggling Leeds weighed down by a sinking feeling

When the Leeds coaches discussed relegation at the beginning of the season, their chairman, Ken Bates, dismissed the conversation. Now, however, Leeds are staring down the barrel, again.
Two days before the season started Leeds United's coaching staff told Ken Bates that the club could be facing a relegation battle. Kevin Blackwell, the former manager, Dave Hancock, Neil Thompson, Gwyn Williams, David Geddis, John Carver, Martin Hodge and Dean Riddle were all present when the chairman invited their thoughts at an Elland Road meeting. When Bates heard their responses he got up and left.

The 75-year-old might not have liked the prediction but it proved prophetic. With 11 matches remaining Leeds are anchored to the foot of the Championship, four points adrift of safety and facing the sobering and embarrassing prospect of starting next season outside of the top two divisions for the first time in their history. Indeed it is difficult to believe that six years ago next week Leeds, blazing a trail across Europe, lost by the odd goal in five to Real Madrid at the Bernabéu.

The days when the club reached the Champions League semi-final and challenged for the Premiership continue to cast a shadow over Elland Road, with former players still being paid courtesy of Peter Ridsdale's crass generosity. That financial burden weighed heavily even before the parachute payments came to an end last summer, although Ridsdale cannot carry the can for all the failings since. Leeds, after all, appeared in the throes of recovery before this season.

Blackwell's side were 90 minutes from the Premiership last May until Watford triumphed 3-0. "We got to the play-off [final], seemed settled and were looking forward to a couple of additions but it hasn't developed and you can't blame Ridsdale for that," said Ray Fell, the chairman of the Leeds United supporters' club. "We have got over that stage. The finances, whether they are right or wrong, is not what's keeping us at the bottom."

Fell praises Bates for "saving the club" when he took over 13 months ago but admits he had hoped for more investment last summer. Some 13 players departed in the wake of the Watford defeat, including the club's talisman, Rob Hulse. It was that exodus, together with the lack of replacements, which prompted Blackwell's backroom team to express concerns about this season. When Dennis Wise was appointed in October it was no longer their problem.

Bates' decision to turn to Wise was no surprise given their long-term friendship - he is godfather to his son - but there has been little change in the results. Wise took over with Leeds in 23rd position and goes into the Yorkshire derby against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday one place lower. "I knew it would be difficult," he said following Tuesday's defeat at Birmingham. "You go into it knowing that there were a lot of things that needed to be changed."

Like Blackwell he has enjoyed little funding. Wise was forced to wheel and deal in the January transfer window but three of his recruits - Tore Andre Flo, Alan Thompson and Robbie Elliott - have all succumbed to injury. That has made a difficult task even harder although Eddie Gray, the former Leeds manager and player, points out that many supporters believe there remains enough talent in the squad to be much higher in the table.

Those sentiments might also have applied to the team that was relegated from the Premiership when Gray was caretaker manager in 2004, suggesting failure has become part of the culture at Elland Road. That side included Mark Viduka, Paul Robinson, Alan Smith, Gary Kelly, Jermaine Pennant and James Milner although Peter Lorimer, Gray's former team-mate and now a director at the club, believes there are no comparisons to be made with their contemporaries.

"I look at the team that went down [in 2004] and then we had a lot of highly paid players who were under-achieving and their attitude wasn't right," said Lorimer. "There's no question about the attitude of these guys. They are trying like hell. I haven't missed a game and [the players] are coming off the field every week shattered, having giving us their lot. I don't think these lads are under-achieving, I just think the pressure of the situation makes life very difficult for them."

It is understood that Wise did not help the mood a few weeks ago when he caused a furore after the Crystal Palace match with his claims that a player had leaked the line-up. Instead of celebrating a much needed win, the players arrived at the training ground the following Monday to be greeted with a team meeting aimed at finding the culprit, despite the manager earlier suggesting he knew the identity. Leeds have neither won nor scored in any of the four games since.

Not that Wise can be held solely responsible. Gray believes "there was a hangover from the Watford game" because of the manner of the defeat and that a slow start to the campaign set the tone for the alarming slide that has ensued. He will not listen to any excuses, though. "We are not bottom of the league for nothing. People can bemoan bad luck and injuries but all clubs suffer from that. We have just not performed well enough." Some could see it coming.

Kilde: blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport > Stuart James

kjelvi

« Svar #51 på: Mars 01, 2007, 15:50:25 »
Why life in League One may not be all gloom and doom

Leeds will suffer a significant drop in revenue if they suffer a second relegation in four years and find themselves making up the numbers in League One.

There are easily quantifiable differences in income between football's third tier and the Championship, which will have an immediate impact on the former Champions League semi-finalists' balance sheet. Among them is the drop from a £1m flat payment made to all clubs in the Championship to the £400,000 paid to those in League One. There would be a slide in the "facility fees" paid by Sky, from £60,000 in the Championship to £30,000 in League One. These are the payments made to the home team for each television appearance.

Kilde: http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2023751,00.html

Sverre

« Svar #52 på: Mars 01, 2007, 17:32:10 »
Satt akkurat og leste artikkelen fra Guardian jeg også.

Meget interessant lesning.

kjelvi

« Svar #53 på: Mars 01, 2007, 18:59:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

Two days before the season started Leeds United's coaching staff told Ken Bates that the club could be facing a relegation battle. Kevin Blackwell, the former manager, Dave Hancock, Neil Thompson, Gwyn Williams, David Geddis, John Carver, Martin Hodge and Dean Riddle were all present when the chairman invited their thoughts at an Elland Road meeting. When Bates heard their responses he got up and left.

Dersom dette stemmer er det alvorlig!
Har vel ikke lagt skjul på at duoen Bates/Wise ikke står høyt i kurs hos undertegnede, men mener at dersom dette stemte så har Bates bedrevet nok en 'unlatelsesynd'.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #54 på: Mars 01, 2007, 21:41:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

Former Wimbledon and Cardiff owner Sam Hammam could be preparing a bid for QPR, along with former Crystal Palace chief Ron Noades. (Daily Mail)

Bare han ikke kaster sine øyner på Leeds!
Den eneste som jeg rater dårligere enn Mr. Chairman Bates som klubbeier.

...det hadde faktisk vært å gå fra galt til verre...

Så, beware, det er faktisk mulig å synke dypere...

Som Bob'ern sier det:

quote:
When you think that you lost everything
You find out you can always lose a little more

It ain't that I'm questionin' you to take part in any quiz
It's just that I ain't got no watch and you keep askin' me what time it is

B.Dylan
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

kjelvi

« Svar #55 på: Mars 02, 2007, 15:31:16 »
Jubileum for Bates!

2. March 2004: Ken Bates stood down as Chelsea chairman after 22 years at the club.

baste

« Svar #56 på: Mars 02, 2007, 17:09:03 »
Gikk til H**vete med oss etter vi ikke klarte å beholde Miller, Killa og Hulse....Pluss at Derry har hatt en ræva sesong....Tapet i Cardiff ble for mye for gutta...

kjelvi

« Svar #57 på: Mars 02, 2007, 18:21:04 »
Ikke unaturlig har vi fokus på hva som skjer i bunnen av CCC, men vår tidligere spiller Micky Adams har gjort sin analyse om hva som skjer på toppen.

Her er Micky's tips og vurderinger:
1) Sunderland
2) WBA
--
3) Birmingham
4) Derby
5) Cardiff
6) Southampton
--
7) Wolves
8) Preston

The £30m roller coaster
Extra money pouring in from TV deals means the riches in the promised land of the Premiership are more lavish than ever before. Even the bottom team next season is guaranteed £30million, which gives a lucrative incentive to the scramble to get out of the second tier.

MICKY ADAMS, Coventry boss until mid-January and a promotion winner with three teams, draws on his Championship experience to analyse a desperately close promotion battle, which sees the top eight teams separated by just five points going into the final quarter of the season.

BIRMINGHAM CITY
LAST SIX MATCHES: DWWDLW
TOP SCORER: Gary McSheffrey (13)
REMAINING FIXTURES: Cardiff (h), Derby (h), Norwich (a), West Brom (a), Coventry (h), Burnley (h), Barnsley (a), Southampton (h), Leicester (a), Wolves (a), Sheff Wed (h), Preston (a).
STRENGTHS: Have conceded fewest goals out of all of the promotion candidates. Rugged and tough at the back, resilient without being spectacular in midfield and powerful up front. Not the best side the Championship has ever seen, but since when has that mattered during the course of a 46-game season where matches come at you thick and fast?
WEAKNESSES: On a practical level, the state of the St Andrew's pitch will be driving Steve mad. It does even it up for lesser opposition, although it should improve. The punters clearly aren't happy at the moment. If the owners, manager and supporters can't get it together during the run-in, it will hamper their chances. And Birmingham do have a young side. That lack of experience may affect them.
KEY PLAYER AND WHAT DOES HE BRING? Gary McSheffrey. And not just because they bought him off me! He's a wide player who works hard and is not only capable of creating goals, he loves scoring them as well. Take it from me, Gary McSheffrey lives for scoring goals. If Birmingham are to nick one of the two promotion spots, they need to keep him fit.
THE BOSS: Steve Bruce. He will remain steadfast in what he needs to do. On a personal level, he won't be distracted from what lies ahead, but outside influences I've talked about above may affect his players. With twelve games left, he will be doing his utmost to protect them. Has been through the play-offs before successfully. That will have an effect.
HOW TO BEAT THEM: You need to be physical with their frontmen. Even though he's still a teenager, Nicklas Bendtner is a big lad, he'll stand his ground. And Cameron Jerome might not be everyone's cup of tea but he's awkward for defenders to play against. He is a pest. If you can close them down quickly on a poor pitch they will make mistakes. If the crowd turns on them, you will have a decent chance.
VERDICT: I see others as stronger. Definite for the play-offs and would not be surprised to see them go all the way. If they manage to unite the club, a force to be reckoned with. Third.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION
LAST SIX MATCHES: WWDWWD TOP SCORER: Diomansy Kamara (19)
REMAINING FIXTURES: Sunderland (h), Wolves (a), Crystal Palace (h), Birmingham (h), QPR (a), Stoke (h), Norwich (a), Sheff Wed (h), Burnley (a), Coventry (a), Barnsley (h).
STRENGTHS: Score goals from all over the place and so they are difficult to counter. Defend deep and let Jason Koumas run at you to the edge of the box and you are inviting trouble. Ask your defence to operate near the halfway line and they will play through you to Diomansy Kamara. I've not mentioned the threat posed by penalty box poacher Kevin Phillips and Nathan Ellington. They are the top goalscorers in the division. It's not difficult to understand why.
WEAKNESSES: You will create chances against them. They may have tightened up but you will still have your shots on goal. This sounds silly but even when Coventry were beaten horribly before Christmas, we still had at least three superb opportunities. But if you don't take them...
KEY PLAYERS: Jason Koumas - along with McSheffrey the best player in the division. Comfortable with the ball at both feet, can spot and execute passes that virtually any Premiership player would find difficult. And he has a keen eye for the net, too.
BOSS: Tony Mowbray. He took over at a difficult time and he has done a good job, albeit with a set of excellent professionals. The dressing-room deserve credit for that. Not too many teams make such a decent fist of returning to the Premiership after relegation. West Brom's players have focused and, I think, will reap the rewards.
HOW TO BEAT THEM:  Again, looking at the statistics, their goals conceded total is the worst out of the top eight. Not totally convinced about the solidity of the back four. Do not give them any time to settle and if they end up playing Koumas on either side of a midfield four, make sure your own wide midfielders do not go walkabouts and end up playing catch-up as he may gamble and stay further upfield.
VERDICT: Automatic promotion, as runners-up  

DERBY COUNTY
LAST SIX MATCHES: WWWDLL
TOP SCORER: Steven Howard (13)
REMAINING FIXTURES: Colchester (h), Norwich (a), Birmingham (a), QPR (h), Cardiff (h), Barnsley (a), Leicester (a), Coventry (h), Ipswich (a), Luton (h), Crystal Palace (a), Leeds (h).
STRENGTHS: I've seen them three or four times this season and each time they have been awful in the first half. They have emerged a different side after the break, so whatever Billy Davies says to them has had a tremendous effect on their season. I'll say one thing for them, they will keep going. Even when they have been second-best they have somehow dug out results. It's a handy ability to have in the Championship.
WEAKNESSES: They don't score enough goals. Billy has tried to redress the problem and recruited well. One possible weakness is that because of the number of players he has brought in, they could still be finding their feet. How close they go could depend on how quickly they adapt to their new surroundings.
KEY PLAYER: Darren Moore. Has twice played in sides promoted from the Championship and is under-rated at this level, in my opinion. I think he has an excellent prospect alongside him in Dean Leacock but Moore has done it with Bradford City and West Brom and is a positive - and very powerful - presence around the place.
BOSS:  Billy Davies is one of the good guys and I've already mentioned his powers of motivation. Taking what was an average squad to the top of the table in January was a brilliant achievement.
HOW TO BEAT THEM: Similar to Birmingham in many ways. They use Steve Howard as a big, physical presence and your defenders need to be all over him. Several times this season Derby have come back - not just to draw - but to win. You need to kill them off and be patient about it. Oh, and you also need to come out with all guns blazing after half-time!
VERDICT: Second strongest team defensively after Birmingham but may not be able to get the goals to fire them up automatically. Definite for the play-offs, but I don't think they'll make the final, although they do have a decent run-in. Fourth.

SUNDERLAND
LAST SIX MATCHES: DWWWDW
TOP SCORER: David Connolly (10)
REMAINING FIXTURES: West Brom (a), Barnsley (a), Stoke (h), Hull (h), Cardiff (a), Wolves (h), Southampton (a), QPR (h), Colchester (a), Burnley (h), Luton (a).
STRENGTHS: I travelled to Leeds to watch them shortly after Roy took over. When I went into work the next morning I told my staff at Coventry they would go up. I've seen nothing since to change my mind. Roy's influence is a major plus but they also have good players in virtually every position. He knows how he wants his team to play and won't stand any nonsense from his so-called 'big' players. They counter attack very, very quickly. And a lot of them charge up front to take their chances.
WEAKNESSES: Again, like West Brom, I'm not totally convinced about the strength of their centre-half pairing. I think that they can be left exposed.
KEY PLAYERS: Marton Fulop. I took this lad from Spurs but couldn't sign him for Coventry. A first-class goalkeeper. I cannot speak highly enough of him. He is certainly good enough to play in the Premiership. And, if the heart of your defence is susceptible, then it is probably just as well you have someone as good as Marton as the last line of your defence.
BOSS: Shades of Sir Alex Ferguson in Roy, undoubtedly. The way they break at speed reminds you so much of Manchester United in their pomp. Has done a brilliant job, so far. He has spent well but has bigger tests to come.
HOW TO BEAT THEM: They have more of an opportunity away from home because of their rapid breaks. If you can stifle them and grab a goal at the Stadium of Light, it might start getting interesting. They are strong in midfield as well. Yours must be disciplined in return otherwise you will get steamrollered.
VERDICT: Automatic promotion - get my vote over West Brom to be champions.

SOUTHAMPTON
LAST SIX MATCHES: WLDWLW
TOP SCORER: Grzegorz Rasiak (17)
REMAINING FIXTURES: Preston (a), Stoke (a), Cardiff (h), Colchester (h), Wolves (a), Luton (a), Sunderland (h), Birmingham (a), Leeds (h), Norwich (a), Southend (h).
STRENGTHS:  George Burley. His experience will be vital during the last few games. He has been there on several occasions with both Derby and, more successfully, Ipswich. The Saints are strong without being particularly spectacular in most areas. They may fall down in the final reckoning because they have not been able to turn territorial superiority into victories, particularly during the first few months of the season. That glut of draws in the opening couple of months is looking expensive now.
WEAKNESSES: Although George has some good players at his disposal, you have to wonder whether they have the desire or drive to make it to the next level. With ten games or so left this season, Saints' fans will soon find out whether they have the bottle. Equally, however, they are capable of beating anyone on their day.
KEY PLAYER: Chris Baird - at full-back or centre-half, he is now starting to show the potential that many of us in the game thought he had. His influence will be vital as the pressure grows.
THE BOSS: George Burley. Another one of the guys who tries to do things the right way, in my opinion. Has a reputation for putting together passing teams, but the Saints can mix it up and aren't afraid to use the long ball when necessary.
HOW TO BEAT THEM: As pointed out above, George's team do like to fire long, diagonal balls at a big man and work around him. Cutting off that supply is a good start. Impress upon your own widemen to close their full-backs down quickly and thus lessen the impact of players like Gzregorz Rasiak.
VERDICT: Sixth. I think they will make the play-offs, but similarly when push comes to shove question whether they have enough heart to win through.

CARDIFF CITY
LAST SIX MATCHES: WWDWLW
TOP SCORER: Michael Chopra (21)
REMAINING FIXTURES: Birmingham (a), Norwich (h), Southampton (a), Derby (a), Sunderland (h), Sheff Wed (h), Burnley (a), Stoke (h), QPR (a), Hull (h), Ipswich (a).
STRENGTHS: The desire of the team is communicated through the Ninian Park crowd. They have been desperate for success for a while in this part of Wales and is seeps through into the players. Also, Dave Jones's first-choice XI is quite able of stringing together a run of results that could propel them into the automatic spots.
WEAKNESSES: The smallest squad out of those left contesting the promotion race. A glut of injuries now and you can forget any chance of making the top two. The crowd, while generally a major plus, can also lose them games, depending on the state of play going into the last half-dozen matches. Apart from Michael Chopra, where else are the goals coming from? Heavily reliant upon him.
KEY PLAYER: No surprises here. Michael Chopra. If Cardiff are to stand any chance of going up, he has to stay fit.
THE BOSS: Dave Jones is, for my money, the best boss among those contesting the promotion spots. I think he has left every club he has ever managed in a better state than when he found it. The Bluebirds are no exception.
HOW TO BEAT THEM: For a start, keep the home crowd quiet, if you are at Ninian Park, that is. Chopra enjoys lots of balls to his feet. He sets up play quickly from there with Dave's wingers getting up in support quickly. Force them to hit longer balls and make sure your central midfielders are alert to Chopra and cutting off the supply would be a decent start.
VERDICT: Fifth. Assuming Chopra stays fit, I expect them to contest the play-offs. With a fair wind, I think they could reach the final. From there, it's anyone's guess. Would not be surprised at a Cardiff v Birmingham final.

PRESTON NORTH END

LAST SIX MATCHES: WLWLWL
TOP SCORER: Dave Nugent (12)
REMAINING FIXTURES: Southampton (h), Hull (a), Ipswich (h), Burnley (h), Leeds (a), QPR (a), Crystal Palace (a), Southend (h), Coventry (a), Leicester (h), Plymouth (a), Birmingham (h).
STRENGTHS: Everyone in the Championship thought Preston would fall apart after Billy Davies left. Paul Simpson has harnessed the feelgood factor that undoubtedly swept the club after taking over and didn't tinker with it too much. That is an art in itself. Being able to call on David Nugent is a massive plus and, by and large, there is not too much of a difference from last season. Strong midfield supporting Nugent has seen them go a long way with Paul McKenna one of the division's unsung heroes.
WEAKNESSES: They are having a woeful run with injuries. Youl Mawene was a huge loss and Carlo Nash - a class keeper - has fallen out of favour. Brett Ormerod has smashed his cheekbone and the squad is creaking at the seams. And, apart from Nugent, do they score enough goals?
KEY PLAYER: David Nugent - if he picks up an injury, the Lilywhites can forget it.
BOSS: Paul Simpson. Did an excellent job at Carlisle and has added to his reputation so far with the task in hand in Lancashire. With no parachute payment and no history of Premiership football, they are not paying the best money in the world and so the manager is fighting an uneven battle with those around him. Even if the season finished now, you would say he has done a good job. It will be a bigger test for him next season though, especially if he loses Nugent.
HOW TO BEAT THEM: I'm just not convinced about the manner in which they defend. Mawene and Tyrone Mears were pillars of strength for Davies and gave no quarter to anyone. I think anyone with the power and striking options up front will cause them problems.
VERDICT: Sorry North End, not this time. Eighth.

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
LAST SIX MATCHES: WDWWWW
TOP SCORER: Seyi Olofinjana (6)
REMAINING FIXTURES: Luton (a), West Brom (h), Coventry (a), Sheff Wed (a), Southampton (h), Sunderland (a), Hull (h), Crystal Palace (a), Birmingham (h), QPR (h), Leicester (a).
STRENGTHS: I watched them play Leeds on Saturday and it's clear they are playing without fear. That's a major bonus at this stage of the campaign. They have got to be in with a chance if they can continue their current run. But will the Championship now wise up to them? Having said that, they don't concede many goals and if you do that, you are always in with a shout.
WEAKNESSES: A little bit like Birmingham, they have a lot of young lads and although they are playing with without a care in the world at the moment, when the big prize moves into view it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain that level of performance. Although they now carry more of a goal threat, they've scored just 38 times so far which isn't really enough.
KEY PLAYER: Michael Kightly. He's the most vibrant of the bunch. Andy Keogh is still finding his feet after his £600,000 move from Scunthorpe United and could do with a goal to kick-start his career but Kightly has taken to football at this level like a duck to water.
THE BOSS: Mick McCarthy has probably surprised himself at how well he has adapted. But I'm not surprised, Mick knows how to win games of football at this level. Not a lot fazes big Mick.
HOW TO BEAT THEM: Keeping it tight at Molineux would be a start. Last week, they were giving the youngsters a chance after years of expecting any home team to wipe the floor with the opposition. They may begin to get edgy.
VERDICT: Seventh. I think they will just miss out this year. But definitely ones to watch next season.

Kilde: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23387251-details/The+%C2%A330m+roller+coaster/article.do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micky_Adams
« Siste redigering: Mars 02, 2007, 18:28:42 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #58 på: Mars 03, 2007, 01:19:58 »
UROVEKKENDE....

Leeds-spillernes innsats er ikke en gang "midt på treet". Vi ligger i bunnen.

I følge "Actim Index" - som lager statto for The Football League - er våre tre beste spillere denne sesongen:
1) Eddie Lewis
2) Matt Heath
3) David Healy

Eddie med 282 p. får bare en 129. plass i rankinglisten av alle CCC-spillere. Matt med 241 på 179 plass og David 228 på 194. plass.

Topp 3 er Gary McShaffrey (642 p), Michael Chopra (573) og Diomasy Kamara (530).
Eneste ex-player inne på Topp 30 er Jermaine Wright (Southampton) med 390 p.

Noen andre ex-players er:
32. Darren Huckerby (Norwich) 386 p.
70. Andy Gray (Burnley) 348
96. Dan Harding (Ipswich) 316

Mye, mye mer i magasinet "League Leaders": http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/8a/f8/0,,10794~63626,00.pdf
« Siste redigering: Mars 03, 2007, 01:20:32 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #59 på: Mars 03, 2007, 20:29:03 »
"How times have changed. Can you remember when Leeds were playing in the Champions League and Dyer used to travel to Elland Road for all of their European fixtures? Dyer was part of that England "Brat Pack" that included Lee Bowyer, Woodgate and Rio Ferdinand and it was rumoured for months that Dyer was going to join the Yorkshire club. How they wish they had those players now."

Så sant, så sant!

Betrakning på en Newcastle-blogg: http://www.newcastleutd-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=327488