Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part II  (Lest 35172 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part II
« Svar #90 på: Mai 12, 2007, 05:08:34 »
WOODGATE NEEDS OPERATION
Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Woodgate will undergo an exploratory operation on his left knee on Monday which will rule him out of England's Euro 2008 qualifier against Estonia next month.
The 27-year-old, who has been hampered by a problem in his left knee for several months, is available for Sunday's final Barclays Premiership fixture against Fulham, but will then have surgery to assess the extent of any damage.
Manager Gareth Southgate said: "Jonathan is going to have an exploratory operation on his left knee on Monday.

Hele saken: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/05/11/SOCCER_Middlebrough_Woodgate_Snap.html

kjelvi

« Svar #91 på: Mai 12, 2007, 05:09:58 »
FOWLER CONFIRMS REDS EXIT

Rafael Benitez described striker Robbie Fowler as "an inspiration" as he began the process of ushering the old out of Anfield, while bringing in the new.
Fowler, 32, has been given the expected news that his contract will not be renewed in the summer, but boss Benitez has told the local hero that he will start the match on Sunday at home to Charlton, to allow him to say an emotional farewell to the Kop.
But the chance of goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek being able to do the same have been hit by injury with the Polish 'keeper, who also leaves Anfield this summer when his contract runs out, having picked up a groin injury in training.
As Jose Reina is ruled out by a shoulder injury, Benitez will almost certainly give young Italian 'keeper Daniele Padelli his debut, with reserve team youngster Dave Roberts on the bench.
But with Fowler and Dudek beginning the exodus from Anfield, Benitez was able to announce the signing of 20-year-old Brazilian Under-20 international Lucas Leiva from Gremio.
Leiva will join Liverpool in the summer. An attacking midfielder, Benitez has beaten off a string of Spanish and English clubs for the youngster.
The fee has not been disclosed but it is around £5million and the player could go straight into the first-team squad next season.
But as another South American prepares to say hello to Merseyside, Fowler will bid a tearful goodbye to Anfield this weekend.
Benitez said: "Robbie understands. He has experience and he knows he has not played a lot of games. But I want to give him the chance to say goodbye to the fans.
"Obviously he wants to stay, but I have had to decide. He is a very good professional and he has contributed so much. He has always been training hard and ready when I want to use him, I can only say 'thank you' to him for what he has given the club."
Benitez would not be drawn on speculation that he may well be interested in Michael Owen again.
But he was happy to talk about Leiva. He said: "He has won the golden boot in Brazil last season, he is an U20 international and he will play in the U20 World Cup.
"He is a fantastic midfielder for the present as well as the future."
But Sunday will clearly be Fowler's day.
Benitez said: "I have been watching him in training this week and you can see how good he is in front of goal.
"He will play against Charlton and maybe he will score the winner in the Champions League final, that would be a fitting way to go."
Benitez added: "I hope to still see some more goals from Robbie. It is always difficult to tell a player his contract will not be renewed, but even more so because it is Robbie.
"But he is experienced and he understands the situation. He has great quality as a finisher.
"When you see him working with the rest of the strikers you can see what an inspiration he is to them. He has something to offer because young players can learn so much.
"Maybe there should be a DVD of his goals and finishing ability for youngsters to watch. They would really learn.
"We will need to replace him, to bring in someone who can score more goals. We would like someone who can score 20 goals in a season.
"I did not talk about his future to him because his future now is to play against Charlton and be involved against Milan."
Fowler, speaking to the Liverpool Echo, said: "Obviously it will be an emotional day for me but I want everyone to know I am still completely focused on what I see as two very important games ahead for the club.
"Firstly I want to play well and win against Charlton to help us finish third, and then there is the preparation for and hopefully playing a part in the Champions League final.
"I will think about everything else after that because I don't want anything to interfere with such an important match.
"I also want people to know I have not even thought about my future beyond Liverpool."
He added: "The manager explained the situation to me this week and I wasn't a bit surprised to be honest.
"But everyone knows I've treated every game back at Liverpool in exactly the same way and given all I could for the team, and that's going to be the case in the last two matches as well."
"At least this time I will get a chance to say goodbye properly because I was gutted the way it happened last time."
Fowler first left Anfield under a cloud to join Leeds when Gerard Houllier was manager.
He added: "Since I've been back the support I have had from the fans has been tremendous. It's been even better than it was first time around.
"Maybe you appreciate it even more when you've been away and missed it so much, but I'll never forget the reception they gave me and will always be thankful for it.
"I just hope I can finish with a few goals and a Champions League final win. That will be the perfect way to end the season for me."

PA Sport

kjelvi

« Svar #92 på: Mai 12, 2007, 05:23:28 »
FORRESTER AIMS FOR FIFTH-TIME LUCKY
Lincoln striker Jamie Forrester is determined to fire the club into Coca-Cola League One after four successful failures in the play-offs.
The Imps take on Bristol Rovers in a two-legged semi-final, with the first clash taking place at the Memorial Stadium on Saturday evening before the return at Sincil Bank next Thursday.
(....)
Forrester has netted 18 goals this term and Stallard has rattled in 16 and the much-travelled striker, 32, told the Racing Post: "It was nice to score again but the main thing was we secured the play-off spot.
"It's now even more important Mark and I perform over the next couple of games.
"It's two games rather than one so it won't be won or lost down there. We need to make sure we don't get over-confident, make sure we perform to our very best and come away with a positive result to take back to our place."

Hele saken: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8921_2120541,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #93 på: Mai 12, 2007, 05:36:11 »
Liverpool boss Benitez ready to sell Carson
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is inviting offers for goalkeeper Scott Carson.
The Independent says Benitez is prepared to sanction the keeper's departure but it will require an offer of around £4m before Carson, who attracted interest from Arsenal earlier this season, is allowed to leave.

kjelvi

« Svar #94 på: Mai 12, 2007, 05:44:22 »
Graham leaving Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough have announced striker Danny Graham will leave at the end of this season.
Graham, 21, made only two senior starts for the club and 19 appearances as a substitute, scoring two goals, and has had loan spells with Derby, Leeds and Carlisle.

tribalfooball.com

kjelvi

« Svar #95 på: Mai 12, 2007, 05:47:55 »
BBC nevner ex-player Nigel Worthington og ex-palyer/manager David O'Leary som to av kandidatene til den ledige jobben som trener for Nord-Irland.

Hele saken: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6647361.stm

kjelvi

« Svar #96 på: Mai 12, 2007, 05:50:01 »
Kewell feeling fit and ready
Liverpool ace Harry Kewell has declared himself fit for the UEFA Champions League final.
Kewell made his long awaited return from injury as a substitute in last weekend's defeat at Fulham.
The former Leeds man has seen this season blighted by injury after returning from the World Cup with groin and foot problems.
Kewell was delighted to return to action against Fulham and he believes he is close to full fitness.
"I've been working hard over the last eight weeks," Kewell told ESPN.
"We did testing the other day, everything went well.
"The manager's happy, the assistant manager's happy, the fitness coaches are happy, so it's literally down to the manager.
"I'm feeling as close to 100 per cent as I've ever felt before in my life, the only thing I'm missing is competitive games."

SkySports

kjelvi

« Svar #97 på: Mai 12, 2007, 21:40:09 »
Portsmouth have won the race to sign Middlesbrough striker Mark Viduka. They have beaten off competition from Everton, Aston Villa, Manchester City, Sunderland and Newcastle.

Daily Express

kjelvi

« Svar #98 på: Mai 12, 2007, 21:43:51 »
I farta 12/5

CCC, playoff-semi, 1. kamp:

Southampton - Derby 1-2.
Seth Johnson fra start for Rams, byttet ut i 90. mins. (tactical). Gult kort i 32. mins. (unsporting behaviour).

« Siste redigering: Mai 13, 2007, 00:07:50 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #99 på: Mai 12, 2007, 21:46:58 »
Spain? I wanna go to Wembley

ANDY KEOGH could have been sitting on a Spanish beach this week, sinking the beers and celebrating promotion.
Instead it has been early nights and a few frames of snooker down the local pool hall.
Not that the Wolves striker is complaining.
Keogh, 20, will be more than delighted to delay the sun tan while his former Scunthorpe team-mates hit the Costa.

Hele storyen her: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007210901,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #100 på: Mai 12, 2007, 21:50:39 »
SMITH CAN BE ENGLAND SAVIOUR
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes Alan Smith can provide the answer to England's striker crisis.
Smith has been called into Steve McClaren's squad for the B game against Albania at Burnley on May 25.
With Wayne Rooney suspended for the crucial Euro 2008 qualifier with Estonia on June 6 and Andrew Johnson injured, McClaren's lack of options has been heightened.

Hele saken: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/05/12/SOCCER_Man_Utd_Smith.html
------

MILNER USED TO MANAGERIAL MERRY-GO-ROUND
James Milner will set about the process of proving himself all over again at Watford on Sunday as Newcastle prepare to appoint their latest manager.
The 21-year-old midfielder has experienced a lot in his fledgling career, moving from crisis club Leeds to St James' Park under Sir Bobby Robson in July 2004 and seeing the former England boss depart just weeks later.

Hele saken: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/05/12/SOCCER_Newcastle_Nightlead.html

---

ROBBO IS A KEEPER OF THE FAITH
Paul Robinson has targeted a fifth-placed Barclays Premiership finish and feels the club will progress even further with the right investment this summer.
Spurs have a real chance of matching last season's efforts and must get a better result against Manchester City than Everton do at Chelsea.

Hele saken: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/05/12/SOCCER_Tottenham_Nightlead.html

---

HORNETS HEALTHIER THAN EVER - BOOTHROYD
Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd insists his club are in a healthier state than ever - despite their relegation from the Barclays Premiership.
The Hornets face Newcastle at Vicarage Road on Sunday in their final Premiership fixture of the campaign, but they were condemned to an instant return to the Coca-Cola Championship when they could manage only a 1-1 draw at home to Manchester City late last month.
But Boothroyd's men will benefit from the 'parachute' payment - of about £11million and granted to clubs in their first two years after relegation from the top flight - and the club also have a substantial chunk of the £9.65million Aston Villa agreed to pay them to sign Ashley Young in January.

Hele saken: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/05/12/SOCCER_Watford_Boothroyd.html

sindre12

« Svar #101 på: Mai 18, 2007, 00:39:49 »
Har virkelig Portsmouth vunnet Viduka?.  
Ser at Manchester United er inrtessert  :)
Beckford 4 England!

Roy

« Svar #102 på: Mai 18, 2007, 03:00:17 »
Faktisk flere spillere som nevnes på denne lenken som kunne gjort en ok jobb for Leeds :)
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

kjelvi

« Svar #103 på: Mai 21, 2007, 18:04:18 »

BLADES TO NAME NEW BOSS ¨
Sheffield United have called a press conference for Tuesday morning to unveil their new manager.
Former Middlesbrough and West Brom boss Bryan Robson has been hotly tipped to take over at Bramall Lame, with Brian Kidd moving up from coach to be assistant manager.
The Blades have moved quickly to replace Neil Warnock, who quit last week, after the team were relegated from the Premiership on the final day of the season after a 2-1 home defeat to Wigan.

Hele saken: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/05/21/SOCCER_Sheff_Utd.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Kidd

kjelvi

« Svar #104 på: Mai 21, 2007, 18:19:06 »
Sullivan transfer put on hold
Goalkeeper Neil Sullivan's pending return to Doncaster will not be finalised until next month.
The former Scotland international made 17 appearances for Rovers during two spells on loan from Leeds in 2006-07.
And after Sullivan's release by the Elland Road club following their relegation into League One, Doncaster manager Sean O'Driscoll is in talks to sign the 37-year-old on a permanent basis.
Sullivan was due to undergo a standard scan as part of his Doncaster medical this week but a suitable time proved impossible to finalise and instead the tests have been arranged for Thursday, May 31.
Sullivan is then due at the Keepmoat to complete the rest of his medical on Tuesday, June 5.
A club spokesman said: "The club were unable to book the scan at a time suitable for the player."

Kilde: TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #105 på: Mai 21, 2007, 18:20:06 »
Wetherall: My life is on hold
Bradford caretaker David Wetherall has admitted "life is on hold" as he awaits a decision on who will take charge of the club permanently.
Sheffield United assistant Stuart McCall is expected to take over at Valley Parade, where City will play League Two football next season following their relegation.
But Wetherall could yet land the role should chairman Julian Rhodes fail to lure McCall back to West Yorkshire.
Wetherall told the Bradford Telegraph & Argus: "My life is on hold, but that is part of the situation at this club at the moment.
"Everything is on ice and nothing can happen or will happen until the club appoint a manager and the player budget is sorted out.
"But I understand the reasons - Julian has to make sure everything is put in place, so he is not delaying just to be awkward."

kjelvi

« Svar #106 på: Mai 21, 2007, 18:21:21 »
Cumbrians closing in on Graham
Carlisle manager Neil McDonald insists he is "getting closer" to securing the signature of former Middlesbrough striker Danny Graham.
Graham scored seven goals in 11 appearances during a loan spell at Brunton Park this season and he has now been released by Boro.
A host of clubs are watching the 21-year-old but McDonald told the News and Star: "We are still in good dialogue with his representatives and we are getting closer every time we speak."

kjelvi

« Svar #107 på: Mai 22, 2007, 15:44:55 »
FOXES FIVE HEAD FOR EXIT DOOR
Leicester have released five members of their first-team squad - but the club has also offered young striker Louis Dodds a new one-year deal.
(...) striker Danny Cadamarteri will not be offered new contracts.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/07/05/21/manual_201540.html

kjelvi

« Svar #108 på: Mai 22, 2007, 15:46:36 »
Paul Robinson's future at Spurs is in doubt after Martin Jol joined the race for Hearts keeper Craig Gordon. (The Sun)

Xabi Alonso, Bolo Zenden, Sami Hyypia, Scott Carson, Mark Gonzalez and one of Craig Bellamy and Peter Crouch could be victims of Rafa Benitez's Anfield cull. Only Steve Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Dirk Kuyt are sure of their places in the squad next season. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham are chasing Liverpool keeper Scott Carson on a season long loan deal. (Daily Mirror)

Doncaster will snap up veteran keeper Neil Sullivan. (Daily Star)
« Siste redigering: Mai 22, 2007, 15:47:19 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #109 på: Mai 22, 2007, 15:50:49 »
Rovers keeping tabs on Leeds' Hird
Doncaster's assistant manager Richard O'Kelly has confirmed the club's interest in Leeds defender Sam Hird.
Hird, who spent three months on loan with Rovers from February last season, is expected to join former Leeds team-mate and goalkeeper Neil Sullivan and Bournemouth striker James Hayter at the Keepmoat Stadium this summer.
O'Kelly told the club's official website: "Sam Hird is a player who is a Doncaster boy.
"He came into the football club and ticked a lot of the boxes, as we hoped he would.
"He is a Leeds United player until July 31, as is Neil Sullivan, so we will have to see how it goes with those two.
"But I would imagine we would be one of the clubs that would be interested in talking to them both."

kjelvi

« Svar #110 på: Mai 22, 2007, 16:00:05 »
PHIL BROWN has been rewarded with a new deal for keeping Hull in the Championship.
The Tigers boss, 48, agreed to a 12-month rolling contract and will sign later today.
Chairman Adam Pearson said: “It is great news for us and I’m delighted.”
Brown’s assistant Steve Parkin is expected to be replaced by ex-Leeds caretaker boss John Carver.

SkySports.com
« Siste redigering: Mai 22, 2007, 16:00:18 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #111 på: Mai 22, 2007, 16:32:27 »
Craig Bellamy, Sami Hyypia, Bolo Zenden, Harry Kewell and Mark Gonzalez are heading for the exit. (Independent)
« Siste redigering: Mai 22, 2007, 16:32:41 av kjelvi »

Budda

« Svar #112 på: Mai 25, 2007, 21:24:20 »
Portugal chance for Johnson

Former Leeds United and Darlington striker Simon Johnson is training with Portuguese club Maritimo.

The 24-year-old has been released by Darlington and has headed to Portugal in search of a new club.

He admits he knows little about Portuguese football, but is determined to make the most of his opportunity with Maritimo.

"I do not know a lot about Portugal, but it is a chance to be in the top flight and I wish for success," Johnson told the Portuguese media.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world and (Jose) Mourinho is a phenomenal coach.

"I am versatile, and would like to play as a midfielder or in attack."

Johnson scored just three goals for The Quakers this season and came close to joining Wycombe Wanderers in January.

However, after agreeing to sign for Wycombe, he performed a U-turn to return to Darlington, only to be released by manager Dave Penney.
Endre

RoarG

« Svar #113 på: Mai 25, 2007, 21:39:56 »
Han har ikke blitt noen hit etter at han forlot Leeds, akkurat. Synes han virker som en skikkelig rotekopp.
quote:
Originally posted by Budda

Portugal chance for Johnson

Former Leeds United and Darlington striker Simon Johnson is training with Portuguese club Maritimo.

The 24-year-old has been released by Darlington and has headed to Portugal in search of a new club.

He admits he knows little about Portuguese football, but is determined to make the most of his opportunity with Maritimo.

"I do not know a lot about Portugal, but it is a chance to be in the top flight and I wish for success," Johnson told the Portuguese media.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world and (Jose) Mourinho is a phenomenal coach.

"I am versatile, and would like to play as a midfielder or in attack."

Johnson scored just three goals for The Quakers this season and came close to joining Wycombe Wanderers in January.

However, after agreeing to sign for Wycombe, he performed a U-turn to return to Darlington, only to be released by manager Dave Penney.

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Budda

« Svar #114 på: Mai 26, 2007, 16:19:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by RoarG

Han har ikke blitt noen hit etter at han forlot Leeds, akkurat. Synes han virker som en skikkelig rotekopp

Ja, han har ikke gjort det så bra nei. Og jeg som hadde så store forhåpningen om Johnson. Han var jo stortalent på CM [:)]
Endre

kjelvi

« Svar #115 på: Mai 26, 2007, 18:16:42 »
Pennant keen to be Jermaine man
Jermaine Pennant's Liverpool future could have been cemented after earning rave reviews for his performance in the Champions League final.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2149207,00.html
--

JERMAINE PENNANT has vowed to be a big part of the new Liverpool, writes PHIL THOMAS (The Sun).
Anfield boss Rafa Benitez has targeted a host of new signings, including Carlos Tevez and Gabriel Milito.
But Pennant will fight to join the new men, rather than be replaced by any of them.
Winger Pennant said: “I want to be an important part of this club and I’ve shown what I am capable of.
“Starting in the Champions League final proves that I’m doing something right in the boss’ eyes.
“I have self-belief and wanted to show it at the highest level.
“You want to prove yourself in those kind of games and, hopefully, I’m starting to prove myself."
« Siste redigering: Mai 26, 2007, 18:30:56 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #116 på: Mai 26, 2007, 18:17:52 »
England B win with Downing double

Alan Smith scored and Stewart Downing grabbed two goals as England B beat Albania 3-1 in Friday night's friendly international at Turf Moor

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2148846,00.html
« Siste redigering: Mai 26, 2007, 18:18:20 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #117 på: Mai 26, 2007, 18:23:10 »
Portsmouth are confident of pulling off a double swoop for Middlesbrough's Mark Viduka and Aiyegbeni Yakubu. (Daily Mail)

kjelvi

« Svar #118 på: Mai 26, 2007, 18:26:50 »
Rovers keep tabs on Leeds' Hird
Doncaster's assistant manager Richard O'Kelly has confirmed the club's interest in Leeds defender Sam Hird.
Hird, who spent three months on loan with Rovers from February last season, is expected to join former Leeds team-mate and goalkeeper Neil Sullivan and Bournemouth striker James Hayter at the Keepmoat Stadium this summer.
O'Kelly told the club's official website: "Sam Hird is a player who is a Doncaster boy.
"He came into the football club and ticked a lot of the boxes, as we hoped he would.
"He is a Leeds United player until July 31, as is Neil Sullivan, so we will have to see how it goes with those two.
"But I would imagine we would be one of the clubs that would be interested in talking to them both."

kjelvi

« Svar #119 på: Mai 26, 2007, 18:32:41 »
ROTHERHAM midfielder Martin Woods, 21, is in talks with Scunthorpe. (The Sun)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Woods