Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part II  (Lest 35175 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part II
« Svar #360 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 01:48:42 »
from The Sydney Herald Sun:

'The unwanted spirit of the defunct National Soccer League began to stir on Saturday night when Sydney FC fans pelted referee Mark Shield and police officers with plastic bottles after the 1-0 loss to Melbourne Victory.
'The trouble then spread on to the field where, after just four minutes of play, Jets striker Joel Griffiths was booked for lashing out at the groin of a sideline official.
'Despite Fox Sports vision clearly showing Griffiths striking linesman Alex Glasgow with a fist, no action will be taken by Football Federation Australia.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Griffiths
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/default.aspx?s=njfc_playerprofile_item&pid=133
« Siste redigering: Oktober 11, 2007, 01:51:44 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #361 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 01:58:42 »
Staunton hands Miller opportunity
Republic of Ireland manager Steve Staunton has handed Liam Miller another crack at the international big-time.
The Republic boss has claimed the midfielder "has not fulfilled his potential" and initially omitted him from the party for the next two games.
The absence of Stephen Ireland and an injury worry over Andy Reid may give the midfielder his chance to shine.
"I've always liked Liam and he did okay for Sunderland at Manchester United when he had the chance," said Staunton.

Hele storyen: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7038334.stm

kjelvi

« Svar #362 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 01:59:56 »
Bolton boss Sammy Lee has held discussions with coach Gary Speed to determine whether they can save their working relationship. (Various)

kjelvi

« Svar #363 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 02:14:29 »
Blackwell to wield axe
Luton boss furious after Gillingham defeat
Kevin Blackwell has vented his fury following Luton's 4-3 defeat to Gillingham and vowed to transfer list six or seven of his players.
The Hatters led their Johnstone's Paint Trophy game with Gillingham 3-1 at half-time, but crashed out of the competition as Chris Dickson completed his hat-trick and Mark Bentley netted a late winner.
Luton have also struggled in League One this season and are currently just three points clear of the relegation zone.
Blackwell has demanded more from his players but feels the only way to get a response could be to wield the axe.

Hele storyen: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_2792626,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #364 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 03:49:39 »
Speed meets Lee to try to save strained relationship at Bolton

Sammy Lee, the Bolton Wanderers manager, held lengthy discussions with his first-team coach, Gary Speed, yesterday to determine whether they can save their strained working relationship. Speed initiated the meeting after Lee had omitted the midfielder from the squad for Sunday's game against Chelsea.
Several senior players have been unhappy with Lee's methods since he replaced Sam Allardyce towards the end of last season, and he made it clear to Speed that he had expected more loyalty from a member of his backroom staff.
The two men plan further talks today to determine whether they can carry on working alongside each other, and the Bolton chairman, Phil Gartside, is expected to be involved along with Speed's agent, Hayden Evans.
Speed, whose misgivings about Lee's tactics have been supported by some of the club's more influential players, had provisionally agreed an extension to his contract a few weeks ago that would have made him assistant manager, but it is not clear whether that offer is still available.

Guardian

kjelvi

« Svar #365 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 03:57:23 »
Robinson still No1
STEVE McCLAREN can’t bear to look — but the England boss was yesterday forced to admit: Paul Robinson’s still my No 1.
Questions have been asked about Robbo after a series of high-profile mistakes by the Spurs keeper this season.

Hele storyen: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article320997.ece

kjelvi

« Svar #366 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 03:59:03 »
Speed battling for Bolton future
Gary Speed is fighting for his future at Bolton Wanderers.
The Mirror says Speed's Bolton future has been plunged into doubt after boss Sammy Lee axed him from his first-team squad.
The veteran Welshman, also the Wanderers player-coach, is in talks about a new contract with his current deal running out in the summer. Speed's priority is to carry on playing.

kjelvi

« Svar #367 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 16:40:10 »
Gary Speed will be offered a coaching role at Newcastle if he cannot sort out his differences with Bolton boss Sammy Lee. (Daily Mail)

Gary Speed could be set to leave Bolton to take up a coaching role at Newcastle.
« Siste redigering: Oktober 11, 2007, 16:42:03 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #368 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 19:51:41 »
Speed: Future under the spotlight
Speed stripped of coaching duties

Bolton midfielder Gary Speed has been relieved of his coaching duties at The Reebok, amid reports he may join Sam Allardyce at Newcastle.
The 38-year-old Welshman was handed a coaching role by Sammy Lee shortly after he took over the reins from Allardyce at the end of last season.
But both Speed and star midfielder Kevin Nolan, still believed to be upset by Big Sam's move to St James' Park, were dropped for the 1-0 home defeat by Chelsea, which left Lee's struggling Trotters mired in the relegation zone with just five points from the opening nine Premier League games.
Neither Speed nor Nolan were injured for the Blues clash, leading to talk of dressing-room unrest, and the Daily Mail claims Speed could soon be reunited with Allardyce in the North-East.
Under-fire Lee has played with a straight bat for now, though, telling the club's official website: "I would like him (Speed) to focus on his game at this moment in time. I don't want anything to distract him.
"I want everybody - coaches and players - to be fully focused on their game."

Også bekreftet på Bolton's off. side:  http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/General/0,,1004~1132370,00.html

GARY SPEED FACTFILE
 Born: 8/9/1969, Mancot
Height: 5ft 9in
Caps: 85 (44 as capt; 7 goals)
Career:
June 1988: Signs professional forms with Leeds
May 1990: Makes Wales debut against Costa Rica
1991/92: Wins League title with Leeds
July 1996: Joins Everton for £3.5m
Feb 1998: Joins Newcastle for £5.5m
July 2004: Joins Bolton for £750,000
Oct 2004: Retires from international football

« Siste redigering: Oktober 11, 2007, 20:16:08 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #369 på: Oktober 11, 2007, 23:05:33 »
Harte: I'm ready for Sunderland start

After starring in Sunderland's 3-0 reserve defeat of Bolton, Ian Harte has declared himself fit to start in the Premiership for Roy Keane's team.
Harte told the Sunderland Echo: "I'm fully fit now after getting a few reserves games under my belt.
"They gives you a chance to get your fitness levels up and then when you do get a first-team chance, it is up to you to take it."
He added: "It's up to the manager to decide what to do. Obviously Paul McShane is suspended for a few games now and that means the team will change a bit and if I get the chance, I'll do my best to stay in the side."

Budda

« Svar #370 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 00:29:28 »
Endre

Runar

« Svar #371 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 02:36:08 »
Har en utfordring til deg kjelvi!?!?

Seth Johnson sin kontrakt gikk med Derby i sommer tiltross for at han var fast i hele fjor....Hvor er han no, er han klubbløs? Eventuelt har han lagt opp eller trener han med noen klubb?

Jon R

« Svar #372 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 02:45:25 »
Kjelvi må få en pust i bakken, stakkars krok: [8D]

"On the 1st June 2007, it was announced that he, along with seven other players had been released. However, he continues to train with Derby County and some Derby supporters believe, should his injured knee heal sufficiently, he will be offered a new contract. Derby County have never made any official statement to support this belief."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Johnson

Aktiv sykemelding kaller man vel sånt. [:)]

Jon R.
« Siste redigering: Oktober 12, 2007, 02:47:26 av Jon R »
Jon R.

pale

« Svar #373 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 02:53:10 »
Seth Johnson trener med Derby og får gratis benyttelse av deres fysioterapauter og leger.

Han ble jo langtidsskadet i play-off-finalen og dermed vil Derby gi noe igjen. Noen ny kontrakt der har jeg ikke tro på at han får.

kjelvi

« Svar #374 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 16:55:17 »
Hull striker Michael Bridges is set to complete a loan move to Australian outfit Sydney FC. (Various)

kjelvi

« Svar #375 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 16:58:22 »
PRESSURE BUILDS ON LEE - REPORTS

Bolton manager Sammy Lee is facing a fight to keep his job after Gary Speed was relieved of his coaching duties, according to reports.
Speed was given a coaching role by Lee shortly after he took over the reins from Sam Allardyce at the Reebok at the end of last season.
But both Speed and Kevin Nolan were dropped for the 1-0 home defeat by Chelsea, which left Lee's struggling Trotters mired in the relegation zone with just five points from the opening nine Premier League games.
And Bolton announced on Thursday that Speed had been relieved of his coaching duties, with Lee saying: "I would like him (Speed) to focus on his game at this moment in time. I don't want anything to distract him."
That has left the national press predicting the worst for Lee, though, with the Times, Guardian and Daily Telegraph all reporting that chairman Phil Gartside and owner Eddie Davies could be ready to act.
The Times also reports that if Lee does leave the club, former Wigan boss Paul Jewell and current Watford manager Adrian Boothroyd are being lined up as potential replacements.

SportingLife
« Siste redigering: Oktober 12, 2007, 16:58:48 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #376 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 23:05:52 »
Kewell close to Reds return
Aussie star close to return, while Rafa waits on Torres
Harry Kewell is set to make his long awaited return to training with Liverpool next week.
The winger has been out of action since picking up a groin injury on international duty with Australia at the Asia Cup in the summer.
Kewell is now close to returning to full fitness after an injury-plagued last 12 months and Reds boss Rafa Benitez has welcomed his return.
"Harry has been working really hard with the physios and next week he could be training or running with the rest of the first team," Benitez told the club's official website.
"Harry is very important for us. A player with pace and ability who can score
goals is always going to be important.
"It's clear he's someone with great quality and experience and we need these kind of players for the rest of the season."

Sky

kjelvi

« Svar #377 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 23:08:41 »
Harte targets starting spot
Sunderland defender eager for chance
Ian Harte is hoping Paul McShane's forthcoming suspension will give him the chance to stake a claim for a starting spot with Sunderland.
Harte, released by Levante at the end of last season, is yet to start for the Black Cats following his arrival as a free agent.
But with centre-back McShane ruled out of the forthcoming fixtures against West Ham, Fulham and Manchester City after his red card against Arsenal, Roy Keane will be forced to make changes to his defence.
One option open to Keane is the decision he took for the closing stages at Emirates Stadium in the wake of McShane's dismissal, shifting Danny Collins into the centre from left-back and bringing on Harte from the bench.
Harte told the Sunderland Echo: "It's up to the manager to decide what to do. Obviously Paul McShane is suspended for a few games now and that means the team will change a bit and if I get the chance, I'll do my best to stay in the side."
The former Republic of Ireland international was in action in Wednesday night's reserve victory over Bolton, scoring from the penalty spot in a 3-0 victory.
He added: "I'm fully fit now after getting a few reserves games under my belt.
"They give you a chance to get your fitness levels up and then when you do get a first-team chance, it is up to you to take it."
And Harte, whose last game in the Premier League came with Leeds at the end of the 2003/04 season, was happy to have a small taste of the action against the Gunners.
He said: "It was only a minute-and-a-half, but it was my first game back in England and it was nice to get on the pitch. It would have been even nicer if it had been longer!
"The Premiership is pretty similar now to when I was in England before. It's 90 minutes of hard running and it is about possession - you have to get the ball on the floor and pass it."

Sky

kjelvi

« Svar #378 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 23:11:35 »
BOOTHROYD KEEN TO EXTEND LOAN DEAL
Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd revealed he is keen to extend Adam Johnson's loan spell until the end of the season.
The Middlesbrough midfielder has been a revelation since he arrived from the Riverside on a three-month loan deal, scoring in three of the last four games and creating three goals for Darius Henderson.
Providing natural balance on the left-hand side of midfield, the England Under-21 star has provided the spark of ingenuity that has lifted the Hornets to the Championship summit.
"I'd like to keep him for the season but I'll have to have a chat with Gareth (Southgate) first," Boothroyd told the Watford Observer.
"It's important in situations like these that the communication lines are kept open. I've given Gareth the same treatment I did with Sir Alex (Ferguson) when we had Ben Foster.
"He knows what I think about the player. Adam is thriving at being given the opportunity to play regularly and he's learning his trade."

SportingLife

kjelvi

« Svar #379 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 23:24:51 »
Speed agent denies bust-up with Bolton's Lee
The agent of Gary Speed insists there's been no bust-up with Bolton Wanderers manager Sammy Lee, despite being relieved of his coaching duties yesterday.
Haydn Evans insists that reports of a bust-up between midfielder and manager have been blown up out of all proportion.
Evans, who has known Speed for more than 20 years, dismissed talk of a rift.
"It is only natural that players are upset if they're not in the team," Evans told the Manchester Evening News. "Over the last couple of days, he has met with Sammy. It's been decided the best thing is for Gary to concentrate on playing.
"And he is 100 per cent behind Bolton and getting back his shirt.
"Talk about Gary giving up coaching has been exaggerated. A coaching contract was never formalised so he can't give up something he never had.
"There has been some devilment going on. But it hasn't come from Gary and it hasn't come from Sammy.
"I have known Gary since he was 14 or 15 and he is professional in everything he does. The priority for everyone at the club is to start picking up points."
Evans also denied there were talks planned between Lee, Speed and chairman Phil Gartside.

kjelvi

« Svar #380 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 23:29:37 »
Gary Speed could hasten Sammy Lee exit

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside is considering the future of manager Sammy Lee following Gary Speed's decision to abandon his coaching role. Speed's move underlined the growing hostility of senior players towards Lee's management style.
Gartside and club owner Eddie Davies had been prepared to give Lee two more Premier League games, against Arsenal and Aston Villa, to change the team's fortunes, but following discussions with unhappy players, the pair are now contemplating more immediate action to try to quell increasing disharmony in the dressing room.
Speed, promoted to player-coach by Gartside following Lee's appointment as successor to Sam Allardyce last May, informed Lee of his decision to step down from the coaching staff on Wednesday after being omitted from the squad for the club's past two games, against Chelsea in the league and FK Rabotnicki in the Uefa Cup.
The 38-year-old, one of four first-team coaches at Bolton, had become disillusioned with his role following the appointment of Archie Knox to Lee's back-room team in August. Although Lee has since claimed that it was his decision to relieve Speed of his duties, club sources have confirmed Speed's version of events.
Lee, just five months into his first managerial job, has bewildered senior figures at the club, on and off the pitch, with his methods and inability to win the support of his players. More than half of Allardyce's highly respected staff have left the Reebok since Lee's appointment and his relationships with Speed, captain Kevin Nolan and midfielder Ivan Campo are understood to have become damaged beyond repair.
All three players have been surprisingly dropped by Lee this season and the manager's decision not to name Campo, a Champions League winner with Real Madrid, in the club's 25-man Uefa Cup squad has angered the player's team-mates and caused raised eyebrows in the boardroom.
Several of Bolton's foreign players have questioned Lee's introduction of a weights-based training programme and his treatment of popular first-team coach Ricky Sbragia, whose role has been reduced merely to taking pre-match warm-ups at home games, has also provoked a negative reaction in the dressing room.
With only one league victory this season, Lee is struggling to make a strong case for a stay of execution, but having spoken of "malignant rumours" emanating from the dressing room, he has called on his detractors to confront him with their criticisms.
He said: "Who are these people? It's time for these 'senior sources' to stand up and be counted. I know it's not everybody, but all I'd like is for those one or two to just come and knock on my door.
"I hear things about my methods, but I've been with these lads for over two years and I've been at the FA and with Liverpool. People are trying to undermine what we are trying to do."

Telegraph

kjelvi

« Svar #381 på: Oktober 12, 2007, 23:33:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

Hull striker Michael Bridges is set to complete a loan move to Australian outfit Sydney FC. (Various)

Bridges on goal mission

MARKSMAN Michael Bridges was regarded as hot property in English football with Leeds United seven years ago and now he could become Sydney FC's goal-scoring saviour.
Bridges, who scored 19 premiership goals for Leeds to help them qualify for the Champions League in 2000, arrives in Sydney next week - just in time for the clash with Adelaide United at Sydney Football Stadium on Saturday.
Sydney have secured his services on a loan deal from championship side Hull City. He'll replace injured American Mike Enfield for the rest of the season.
Former England under-21 forward Bridges had major setbacks early in his career and it took him some time to recover (from an achilles injury) after he was carried off in a Champions League tie against Besiktas in Turkey (2000). He then suffered a career-threatening cruciate ligament problem.
Bridges first made his name at Sunderland where he spent four years with the Black Cats. Leeds paid £4.5 million ($10.2 million) for his transfer in 1999.
But he was back in goal-scoring mode two years ago and was regularly finding the back of the net for Carlisle.
Despite Sydney signing Brazilian striker Patrick, he is definitely seen more as a provider of goals rather than being a genuine goalscorer.
Sydney are still on the look-out for a guest player over a seven-week period but it won't be former Aston Villa defender Alan Wright. It was reported Wright could arrive next week but a Sydney source said yesterday "it won't be happening".

Telegraph
« Siste redigering: Oktober 12, 2007, 23:40:39 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #382 på: Oktober 13, 2007, 17:56:22 »
Robbo happy for Hulse
Striker makes successful return for Blades
Sheffield United boss Bryan Robson has expressed his delight at Rob Hulse's successful return to action.
Hulse played the last 20 minutes of a friendly win over Sheffield FC on Wednesday after seven months out of action.
The former Leeds striker has battled back to fitness after suffering a career-threatening broken leg against Chelsea.
Robson was happy to see Hulse back playing and believes the striker will gain some confidence from his return.
"It was great for his confidence and he had a nice little spell on the pitch," Robson told the club's official website.
"There were some good touches and he was a bit unlucky not to get a goal, but the main thing was to get out there and start to re-adapt."

Sky

kjelvi

« Svar #383 på: Oktober 13, 2007, 17:59:08 »
Michael Bridges has told Sydney FC he will only move Down Under if they match his £4,000 per week wages. (Daily Mirror)