Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part III  (Lest 46364 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part III
« på: Oktober 13, 2007, 22:14:23 »
Etter å ha fylt enda flere sider med småplukk om ex-spillere, manager og annet Leeds United-folk, er det på tiden å lansere en Part III av denne tråden.

Part I hadde 40 sider, 782 postinger og 10.097 treff.
Den finner du her: http://www.luscos.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6926

Part II hadde 20 sider, 383 postinger og 3.589 treff.
Den finner du her: http://www.luscos.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8066

kjelvi

Re: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part III
« Svar #1 på: Oktober 13, 2007, 22:15:25 »
Watford boss keen to extend stay of Middlesbrough's Johnson

Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd admits he's seeking talks with Middlesbrough rival Gareth Southgate about extending the loan of winger Adam Johnson.
"I'd like to keep him for the season but I'll have to have a chat with Gareth first," said Boothroyd. "It's important in situations like these that the communication lines are kept open. I've given Gareth the same treatment I did with Sir Alex when we had Ben Foster.
"He knows what I think about the player. Adam is thriving at being given the opportunity to play regularly and he's learning his trade. There are things he doesn't do consistently yet but he's working on those and this is a good place to do your apprenticeship."

« Siste redigering: Oktober 13, 2007, 22:16:57 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #2 på: Oktober 14, 2007, 18:20:03 »
Manchester United want to keep Rio Ferdinand at Old Trafford for life - but the England star will demand wage parity with top earners Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney. (News of the World)

Rio som Judas! Med David O'Leary, Terry Venables og Peter Ridsdale som noen av tilbederne. Fy f... for en gjeng!

« Siste redigering: Oktober 14, 2007, 19:00:00 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #3 på: Oktober 14, 2007, 18:23:03 »
Harte's still got a feel for Leeds

SUNDERLAND left-back Ian Harte is keeping half an eye on the remarkable events at former club Leeds.
He played more than 200 league games for the Elland Road outfit before their financial crisis forced them to release him to join Levante in Valencia.
Leeds' slide continued with relegation from the Championship last season and starting this season with minus 15 points after going into administration.
It's been a remarkable start for them this term, however, with the Yorkshire giants winning all but two of their 11 League One games after today's Elland Road draw with Leyton Orient (when ex-Sunderland midfielder Sean Thornton struck for the O's).
Harte said: "After playing with Leeds for so long, I still have a strong feeling for the club. There are few people left who were there with me, but I keep an eye on what's going on.
"They've done really well this season. They scored in the 89th or 90th minute last weekend to beat Yeovil and hopefully they can keep on doing well and bounce back into the Championship.
"They've done brilliantly to get those 15 points back and if they had started on zero, they would have been about nine points clear at the top now."

sunderlandecho.com

« Siste redigering: Oktober 14, 2007, 18:45:46 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #4 på: Oktober 14, 2007, 23:22:48 »
Jimmy reveals future ambitions

Cardiff striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has revealed that he hopes to remain in football when his two-year contract expires.
The 35-year-old former Chelsea, Leeds and Holland striker has scored two goals for the Bluebirds since joining the club in the summer and is focused on netting many more in the remainder of the Championship season.
He told the South Wales Echo: "I can see myself staying in football in some capacity.
"We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully I have a lot more playing in me yet."
He could, though, take some advice from strike partner Robbie Fowler, who has an extensive portfolio of properties around Britain.
He added: "Maybe I will do something in the property industry, but I really haven't thought about it properly yet."

kjelvi

« Svar #5 på: Oktober 16, 2007, 02:25:33 »
Bolton withdraw contract offer to Speed

Gary Speed is on the outer at Bolton Wanderers after his bust-up with manager Sammy Lee.
The People says Speed's offer of a new playing contract has been withdrawn and will stay that way as Lee digs in his heels after a power battle and angry words in the dressing room.
The bombshell decision means Speed's Bolton future would appear to be seeing out the rest of the season before heading for a free transfer. He could even be off in a loan move to the Championship before the next transfer window opens. However, Speed may yet opt to stay and could even dramatically figure in a new management team if the bitter Reebok struggle ends in Lee leaving the club.

kjelvi

« Svar #6 på: Oktober 16, 2007, 02:26:40 »
Portsmouth tracking Watford striker King

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is trailing Watford striker Marlon King.
Redknapp is keeping tabs on King, regarded as one of the most talented forwards outside the Premiership.

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part III
« Svar #7 på: Oktober 16, 2007, 14:51:21 »
Bolton withdraw contract offer to Speed

Velkommen tilbake Gary?
Yeboahs vitne

kjelvi

« Svar #8 på: Oktober 16, 2007, 22:20:13 »
Feeney hints at Swansea switch

Cardiff striker Warren Feeney has hinted at making a permanent switch to League One side Swansea.
Feeney is currently on loan with the Swans after joining in August and he has enjoyed a fruitful period at the club so far - scoring four goals in his last three games.
He told the South Wales Evening Post: "Swansea are a good club who are on the up and I'm starting to feel at home now.
"The fans have been great with me. They gave me a standing ovation on my debut even though I didn't play that well and its great to hear them calling me what they were calling me.
"It's a good squad with a lot of enthusiasm and I'm really enjoying my football at the moment. Anything permanent will be up to the two clubs, but its going to be hard for me to get in at Cardiff with Jimmy (Floyd Hasselbaink) and Robbie (Fowler) there."

TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #9 på: Oktober 17, 2007, 08:54:57 »
Frekke faen!  :o

BRYAN ROBSON is to offer Gary Speed, 38, a Sheffield United loan deal.
The Welsh ace has fallen out with Bolton boss Sammy Lee after losing his coaching duties.  (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #10 på: Oktober 17, 2007, 09:01:24 »
BRYAN ROBSON is to offer Gary Speed, 38, a Sheffield United loan deal.
Bolton's Speed rejects Sheffield Utd move
Gary Speed will reject a loan move to Sheffield United in an effort to force his way back into the Bolton team.
Speed, 38, who stepped down from his player-coach role last week, is also wanted by Stoke and Norwich.

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 på: Oktober 17, 2007, 12:31:45 »
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2805348,00.html

Sånn går're nårru leggeræ ut med Gary Speed! :o
Yeboahs vitne

pale

« Svar #12 på: Oktober 17, 2007, 12:35:33 »
Og nå er vel tida inne til å sette noen kroner på nettopp Speed som ny manager i Bolton?

janove

« Svar #13 på: Oktober 17, 2007, 17:14:34 »
Vet ikke om dette er nevnt tidligere.

Michael Bridges har gått til Sydney FC på lån!
Tragisk, synes jeg.

kjelvi

« Svar #14 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 08:41:00 »
Brazilian star joins Duisburg

Former Leeds United defender Roque Junior has joined Bundesliga club Duisburg on a free transfer.

Former Brazil international Roque Junior previously played for Milan and was released by his last employers Bayer Leverkusen at the age of 31.
The free agent and 2002 World Cup winner has been given the opportunity by Duisburg to sign a contract until the end of the season.
Duisburg are ninth in the table and the club’s directors are hopeful the experienced defender will bring experience to their squad.

sports.setanta.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roque_J%C3%BAnior

kjelvi

« Svar #15 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 12:36:37 »
Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce has told £6m signing Alan Smith to clean up his act - Smith is banned for Monday's game against Tottenham. (The Sun)

Se også:
* Sky: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2807468,00.html
* Sun: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article355196.ece
« Siste redigering: Oktober 18, 2007, 12:47:06 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #16 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 12:36:46 »
Og nå er vel tida inne til å sette noen kroner på nettopp Speed som ny manager i Bolton?
Bolton put coach Knox in charge 
Bolton Wanderers have put coach Archie Knox in charge of first-team affairs after the departure of Sammy Lee.
Knox was Sir Alex Ferguson's Man Utd assistant from 1986-1991

The Sun: Real Sociedad coach Chris Coleman, Graeme Souness, Paul Jewell, Hibs coach John Collins and Leicester City manager Gary Megson have all been linked with the Wanderers vacancy.

Guardian: Bolton Wanderers will look into the availability of Paul Jewell and Chris Coleman. The list of possible replacements also includes David O'Leary, who is out of work since being sacked by Aston Villa in July 2006 and has asked his representatives to inform Bolton of his interest, as well as Aidy Boothroyd of Watford and Peter Reid, who lives in Bolton, did well enough at first with Manchester City and Sunderland but has not managed since leaving Coventry in 2005.

« Siste redigering: Oktober 18, 2007, 12:45:19 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #17 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 12:41:06 »
Wright happy at Cheltenham
Veteran defender rejects Sydney FC rumours
Alan Wright has denied he is looking to head Down Under and says he would be happy to extend his stay at Cheltenham.
The veteran full-back joined The Robins on a non-contract basis last week and made his league debut at the weekend.
Wright has attracted interest from A-League side Sydney FC but he has no plans to move on from Whaddon Road anytime soon.
"I am enjoying it here and the lads and everyone at the club have made me feel very welcome so I will be happy to stay for a while," he told the Gloucester Echo.
"I have settled in well and everyone is working hard to try and get away from the position we are in at the wrong end of the table.
"The situation with Sydney is the same as when I signed - there is interest and it's still a possibility, but it's not imminent."

Sky

kjelvi

« Svar #18 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 12:56:09 »
Mer Speed-skriverier i dagens aviser:

Sheffield Utd's hopes for Bolton's Speed on backburner
Sheffield United's hopes of luring Gary Speed away from Bolton Wanderers appears to have been dashed.
Speed was at loggerheads with Bolton boss Sammy Lee, but with the latter now having left the Reebok stadium, it's unlikely midfielder Speed will be seeking a move away.
--

Sheffield Utd boss Robson won't give up on Bolton's Speed Sheffield United boss Bryan Robson won't give up on signing Bolton Wanderers veteran Gary Speed in a three-month loan deal.
Robson has twice made attempts to take Bolton players to Bramall Lane this season, but although a deal was struck with the club on both occasions, Ivan Campo and Stelios both decided against the move.
Robson said: "You can ask me about names, but I am not saying anything before a deal is completed. The fans will be the first to know."

kjelvi

« Svar #19 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 12:58:23 »
Clough family upset over book about Brian
A new book based on the 44 days that Brian Clough was in charge at Elland Road has been condemed as blackening the name of the former Rams boss.
The family of Brian Clough are said to be outraged at a book written by 40 year old David Peace entitled The Dammed United, which is based on the 44 day reign of Brian Clough at Leeds United.
The Damned United is said to be a fictitious portrait of the 44 days in charge at Leeds United but the Clough family find that the book blackens the name of Brian, making him out to be a thoroughly unpleasant man.
The book is published by Faber and Faber, and have not yet commented on the distress this has caused the Clough family.
On their website they describe the book as:"A portrait of one of the most idiosyncratic and wilfully perverse Englishmen of the past century, and a story of the power and the paranoia that come together to shape a people and their times, The Damned Utd is the compelling new novel by one of our most praised young writers."
Mr Peace, the author, is well known for his hard hitting novels. His previous books include GB84, which is his insight into the 1984 miners strikes and its effects. Mr Peace has also refused to comment on the distress caused by his book.

Mer:
* http://www.clubfanzine.com/leeds/showNews.php?id=4674&loc=1
* http://www.therams.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|119862718102007347432132

« Siste redigering: Oktober 18, 2007, 13:00:28 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #20 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 13:03:28 »
Gray eyes swift return to action

Wolves' experienced defender Michael Gray is hopeful of a quick return to action after initial fears off a long-term absence were dampened.
Gray was thought to have suffered a tear to his hamstring which could have kept him out for at least six weeks, but the 33-year-old has indicated a much sooner return is on the cards.
He told the club's official website: "I have no chance for Saturday but I will step up the training after the Cardiff match next week.
"The one consolation for me is that with the international break, I won't have missed any games in the first fortnight.
"You could see the tear on the scans but I have been speaking to the physio and I'm pleased with my progress. I've generally not had a lot of hamstring trouble in my career but like a lot of players, I have experienced injuries and hopefully this will help my comeback.
"The recovery has been very good so far, and I'm doing some light running and all the other exercises without any problem."

TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #21 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 13:08:22 »
Michael Bridges har gått til Sydney FC på lån!
Bridges not in Sydney for a jolly
Former Leeds United star Michael Bridges made at immediate impression as he took to the training track for the first time with the Sydney FC.
A day after arriving from the UK and finalising his six-month loan move from English second-tier club Hull City, the former England under-21 international vowed he wasn't in Australia for a holiday and would do all he could to help lift Sydney back to the top of the A-League.
"I'm not just here to have a jolly, I've come here to work hard and do the best for the team," said striker Bridges.
"I want to be part of this team and get them back up to where they belong.
"Obviously they won it in their first season, and they've got high standards here."
Not just speaking a good game, Bridges showed his intention on the pitch with coach Branko Culina suitably impressed with his new signing.
"It was very pleasing for his first training session, not only did he move well, but he seemed to have a reasonable touch on him as well which is what we were hoping for," Culina said.
"He looks like a quality player. When I compare Michael to some of the other players we've had in their first training sessions, it's very pleasing."
Bridges was hopeful of gaining his visa clearance in time to play in Sydney's home derby with Central Coast next Sunday week.
The 29-year-old, who played alongside Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka at Leeds before suffering serious Achilles and knee injuries in 2000, said he felt fit enough to play in Sydney's clash with Adelaide on Saturday.
But he was content to spend an extra week on the training track adjusting to the warmer conditions before making his A-League debut.
"The sun's out today, which makes it a first for me, having to wear some suntan lotion to training," Bridges said.
"My legs are fine, we were already 12 games in to our season (in England), and I've only missed the last four.
"I've had a full pre-season coming out here, so it just gives me a week to adapt to the heat."
Bridges spoke to Kewell, as well as conversing with former Sydney marquee star Dwight Yorke via text messaging, before deciding on the move to Sydney.
He said playing alongside Brazilian World Cup winner Juninho was also a major attraction.
"Just training with the likes of Juninho is going to be outstanding, and if we're on the same wave length hopefully we can jell and get some goals," he said.
Far from in his twilight years, Bridges said he still believed he had plenty left to achieve in his career.
"I've still got a lot of years (left), obviously two years at Hull City, and due to circumstance I ended up coming out here, but that was the option given to me and I jumped at it," Bridges said.
"I want to turn this into something where I want to stay out here."

smh.com.au

kjelvi

« Svar #22 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 23:04:27 »
Icelander To Add To Foreign Legion?

Davey takes Leeds ex on trial
Reds boss Simon Davey could be set to add to his foreign legion at Oakwell after taking ex Leeds United midfielder- Icelandic international Gylfi Einarsson on trial.
Einarsson, who has 10 Iceland caps (his last coming back in October 2005) was released by Leeds United this summer after their relegation to League One. He made 25 appearance for the Whites after making his debut on New Years Day 2005, scoring 1 goal, in a 1-0 win at our weekend opponents Burnley in 2004-2005.
He also came on as a sub when The Reds beat Leeds 3-2 at Oakwell last season.
Davey told www.barnsleyfc.co.uk:
"We have Icelandic international Gylfi Einarsson training with us at the moment and it is an arrangement that suits both parties well. Gylfi was paid up by Leeds United at the end of last season and still lives in the area. He has a place to train and keep fit while we can have a look at him and see what he can do".
Meanwhile Davey has said he would love to manage Barnsley for the next 20 years!!

barnsley-mad.co.uk

Mer om hva Gylfi har gjort etter han forlot Leeds (Millwall, Nott. Forest, Hartlepool, Yeovil): http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=9129.0

kjelvi

« Svar #23 på: Oktober 22, 2007, 22:17:34 »
Lucas Radebe er fortsatt stor i Sør-Afrika.
Er p.t. i Joburg - og over tv-skjermene på alle kanaler ruller en AquaFresh-reklame (tannkrem) på tung rotasjon. Starring: Lucas.
Ellers har byen og landet gått av hengslene etter at SA vant VM-finalen i rugby. Avisene er fulle av det! I aviser har sørafrikanske kjendiser hilst - enqueter - til The Springboks, i minst to av dem - Lucas.
I den ene kom det frem at han vil bo i Leeds i en del år fortsatt. At han trener på Leeds Academy og er tungt involvert i forskjellig community-arbeid.
En av sikkerhetsvaktene på hotellet her - tung bevæpnet, skumle typer - er Kaizer Chief-fan (ikke bandet, men klubben). All time favoritt for han er Lucas.

pedro

« Svar #24 på: Oktober 24, 2007, 12:17:55 »
Peter Ridsdale sliter, håpa han drite seg lika mye ut her som han gjorde hos oss. Den mannen lærer aldri :D http://www.caughtoffside.com/2007/10/23/cardiff-just-cant-get-it-together-as-risdale-gets-ready-to-do-another-leeds/3326.html
Leedsomaniac

kjelvi

« Svar #25 på: Oktober 24, 2007, 23:13:48 »
Keeper Paul Robinson fears boss Jol could be out by Christmas - if Spurs cannot turn their season around immediately. (Daily Star)

Blackpool's Simon Grayson and former QPR boss John Gregory are on the shortlist for the vacant managerial post at Norwich City. (Daily Mirror)

pedro

« Svar #26 på: Oktober 25, 2007, 09:24:25 »
O'Leary vil på banen igjen han, litt artig det sista avsnittet i artikkelen, men det er vel flere en DOL så må kjøpa spillerar for å lykkas.http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=87133
Leedsomaniac

kjelvi

« Svar #27 på: Oktober 25, 2007, 11:27:51 »
verden er gal....?!

Terry Venables is one of the candidates to replace sacked Republic of Ireland boss Steve Staunton. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #28 på: Oktober 25, 2007, 11:29:28 »
f**k off Bill....!

Fotherby now dreaming of return to Elland Road

Since taking on the role of football missionary in a town steeped in rugby union, Bill Fotherby estimates he has spent somewhere in the region of £400,000.
To many, such an outlay would be considered borderline madness. To a self-confessed football addict, however, it is money well spent. What price, the flamboyant chairman of Harrogate Town suggests, can be put on happiness?
By Saturday, such an investment could even be considered to be cheap at twice the price if, as Fotherby is fervently hoping, his club earn a place in the FA Cup first round proper by beating neighbours Harrogate Railway and then land Leeds United in the tea-time draw.
Not only would this be a welcome money-spinner for the Conference North leaders, it would also hand the Town chairman a long overdue return to a club where he spent 15 years as a member of the board.
He explained: "This tie is wonderful news for Harrogate football because it means one of us will be in the first round proper. Of course, we hope that team is us.
"Football is in the blood and I love it so I have been counting the days ever since the draw was made. It is the dream draw for Harrogate football."When I first came here, one thing I tried to do was make football more high profile because this has always been a rugby town.
"Can you imagine the level of interest if we could beat Railway and then draw Leeds? It would be the biggest ever thing to happen to sport in this town."
Harrogate probably could not have a better promoter of football than Fotherby who, during his time at Elland Road, forged a formidable reputation for both courting publicity and being a tough negotiator.
It was Fotherby who earned backpage headlines around the world in the Eighties after announcing his attention to sign Maradona, though just how keen the Argentinian fresh from a World Cup win was on a move to the Second Division will forever remain a mystery.
There was also much talk of Europe's biggest names being "on the verge" of moving to Elland Road as Fotherby jetted round the continent only for talks to stall at the last minute.
What is not in doubt, however, is that Leeds blossomed from also-rans to league title winners thanks, in no small part, to his now legendary business acumen and negotiating skills.
Gordon Strachan, for instance, once revealed how Fotherby was such a good salesman that during talks over a new contract the Scot ended up leaving the meeting owing the club money after being persuaded to buy three season tickets for his family. Fotherby recalls: "Those were great days but I get the same thrill from the game now as I did back then.
"People asked me when I came to Harrogate 'why do you bother, Bill?' and it has probably cost me somewhere in the region of £400,000.
"But football is in my blood and I love it. It is an addiction. When I came here, I said 'I have a dream – I have been to the top of the mountain and seen it from there, now I want to see it from the other angle'.
"We have had five excellent seasons and the current run is unbelievable. To be top of the league and five points ahead of a club such as Kettering who have gates of 2,000 and last week were able to bid £20,000 for a striker, is wonderful.
"We are breaking all kinds of records and it makes me very proud to know Harrogate Town are one of only a handful of clubs in the whole country who are still unbeaten."
After an amazing start that has yielded 35 points from the opening 13 games, promotion to top flight of non-League football is a very real target for Neil Aspin's side.
The priority this weekend, however, is progressing to the first round proper of the FA Cup for only the third time in the club's history by beating their neighbours, who reached the first round in 2002, at Station View.
Fotherby said: "Of course, it is the dream of every team in the fourth qualifying round to get through and then draw Leeds. We are no different.
"I know Ken Bates from the old days when he was at Oldham and am really pleased to see things going so well.
"I have not been back since being forced out (in 1997) as chairman but I watch Leeds whenever they are on television. It was awful to watch everything we had built up just slip away a few years ago due to rank, bad management.
"When I was there, we kept hold of the purse strings – it is the only way to do it – but they lost sight of that. Incompetence was what brought Leeds down but it is great to see them bouncing back.
"Now, they are getting gates of 30,000 and it would be amazing if, in a couple of weeks' time, Harrogate Town were the team walking out in front of a crowd like that for an FA Cup tie."

YEP

kjelvi

« Svar #29 på: Oktober 25, 2007, 11:30:24 »
min drømmemanager!

McAllister was interested in Leeds United job

Gary McAllister woke up one morning last year as Leeds United's manager.
A newspaper report on October 20 claimed he and Eric Black, his lieutenant at Coventry City, had been installed as the new management team at Elland Road. The problem was that nobody had told McAllister, and Leeds were courting Dennis Wise. News of the appointment retreated as quickly as it had arrived.
Commentators had, in any case, wondered aloud whether McAllister was ready for what United were said to be offering him.
The Scot's wife Denise had died in March at the end of a six-year fight against breast cancer, and he had withdrawn from football for more than two years to assist with her treatment. Some argued that the opportunity at Elland Road had presented itself prematurely, but the decision would have been McAllister's to take had United come calling.
The question of how he might have responded is purely hypothetical.
"If they'd come and asked me about the job then I'd have been interested, and I'd have listened," said McAllister.
"There was a lot of talk that I was going to get the job, and that I'd already got it, but the fact is we never spoke.
There were no talks with the club and no communication. They obviously had other plans and another target."

YEP