Skrevet av Emne: Playoff finale i mai  (Lest 10494 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Blank_File

Sv: Playoff finale i mai
« Svar #30 på: April 28, 2019, 18:52:14 »
Håpet lever virkelig! Eg og drømme om å ta turen til Wembley, men det blir nok veldig rift etter billettene. I Play Off finalen i 2008 hadde eg ikkje billett; men reiste til Wembley eit par timer før avspark og etter å ha spurt mange fikk eg til slutt kjøpt ein billett til innkjøpspris av ein som ikkje kunne komma. Riktignok satt eg med Doncaster-fansen i stille lidelse i tapet, men det kan dukke opp billetter sånn i år også om alle ryker i første omgang
Så du tror ikke det er mulig å få fatt på billetter på forhånd?

MooCow

« Svar #31 på: April 28, 2019, 18:54:54 »
Nå blir det Playoff og etter dagens kamp er jeg en smule mer optimistisk. Jeg kommer ikke til å reise over til semifinalene, men tur til et fullstappet Wembley frister enormt.

Har noen vært der før og vet hvordan det vil foregå?

Var over mot Doncaster, meinar å hugsa at ein måtte vera international member og så søka om billett. International memebership kunne måtte ein ikkje ha frå før, men måtte kjøpast før ein søkte om billett.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #32 på: April 28, 2019, 19:01:06 »
Nå blir det Playoff og etter dagens kamp er jeg en smule mer optimistisk. Jeg kommer ikke til å reise over til semifinalene, men tur til et fullstappet Wembley frister enormt.

Har noen vært der før og vet hvordan det vil foregå?

Var over mot Doncaster, meinar å hugsa at ein måtte vera international member og så søka om billett. International memebership kunne måtte ein ikkje ha frå før, men måtte kjøpast før ein søkte om billett.

Det var i tillegg trekning blant international members. Jeg «vant» ikke, men fikk ordnet billett på annet vis.

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

MooCow

« Svar #33 på: April 28, 2019, 19:03:12 »
Håpet lever virkelig! Eg og drømme om å ta turen til Wembley, men det blir nok veldig rift etter billettene. I Play Off finalen i 2008 hadde eg ikkje billett; men reiste til Wembley eit par timer før avspark og etter å ha spurt mange fikk eg til slutt kjøpt ein billett til innkjøpspris av ein som ikkje kunne komma. Riktignok satt eg med Doncaster-fansen i stille lidelse i tapet, men det kan dukke opp billetter sånn i år også om alle ryker i første omgang

Blir nok mykje verre å få tak i billettar i år. Leedsdelen var full slik eg hugsa det, mens det var glissent blandt Doncasterfansen.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #34 på: April 28, 2019, 19:26:53 »
Vi får vel spille kampene først kanskje...

Jon R

« Svar #35 på: April 28, 2019, 19:35:59 »
Virker ikke sånn. I følge enkelte har vi allerede tapt disse kampene.  ;D
Jon R.

Blank_File

« Svar #36 på: April 28, 2019, 19:42:39 »
Er ikke overbevist om at vi havner der under noen omstendigheter, men jeg må planlegge. Håper å ta meg med kona og de to små på 4 og 6. Da vil det bli livsnødvendig å vite på forhånd at vi får billett.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #37 på: April 28, 2019, 20:43:40 »
Basert på veldig mange års erfaring...

Eriksen55

« Svar #38 på: April 28, 2019, 23:20:52 »
Basert på veldig mange års erfaring...

Den erfaringen har nada å si! Nytt lag, ny trener, ny ledelse.

Alle statistikker, trender og tull vil brytes en gang.

Hadde det ikke vært sånn hadde vi vunnet mot Wigan og Villa i dag. Scoret tross alt det første målet  :o

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #39 på: April 30, 2019, 16:16:36 »
Away goals, loan rules, TV details - all you need to know about the Championship play-offs
The play-offs will be getting underway in less than a fortnight

By Aidan McCartney  11:30, 30 APR 2019

The Championship season is about to conclude with one game left of the campaign.
Norwich City and Sheffield United are now promoted to the Premier League with one place up for grabs through the play-offs.

Here’s what you need to know about the end-of-season series.

How the play-offs work?
The top two teams in the Championship are automatically promoted to the Premier League, leaving four teams who finished third to sixth in the league table to battle it out for the third promotion place.
In the semi-final, third plays sixth and fourth plays fifth over two legs, one home and one away. The teams in third and fourth will have the advantage of playing the second leg at home.

The winner over the two legs in the semi-finals will then meet in the final and the winner of that will be promoted to the Premier League.

Where is the play-off final played?
The play-off final is held at the neutral ground of Wembley Stadium.

Which four teams are in the play-offs?

Leeds are hoping to tie up third place this weekend
Leeds United, West Brom and Aston Villa will be in the play-offs. The final team will be determined on Sunday, May 5. Derby County, Middlesbrough and Bristol City will make up the final spot.

What are the dates of the Championship play-offs?
Sunday 5 May - Final day of the Championship season 12:30KO
Saturday 11 May - Championship semi A first leg 12:30KO / Championship semi B first leg 17:15KO
Tuesday 14 May - Championship semi A second leg 19:45KO
Wednesday 15 May - Championship semi B second leg 19:45KO
Monday 27 May - Championship play-off final 15:00KO

How will it be determined which play-off is A and which is B?
The EFL will make a decision after consulting the clubs involved and also the police.

How to watch the play-offs?
Sky Sports will broadcast every EFL play-off match, including the League One games.

Ticket details
Ticket details for the play-offs are yet to be announced and will be once the fixtures are confirmed.

Do away goals count over the two legs in the semi-final?
The away goals rule is not used in the EFL play-offs.

What happens if the aggregate score is level after the second leg?
There will be 30 minutes of extra time and then, if still required, a penalty shoot-out.

Is there extra-time in the final or is it straight to penalties after the 90 minutes?
There will be extra time in the final at Wembley too if the scores are level after 90 minutes.

Does the fourth sub rule apply?
Yes. If either the semi-final or final goes to extra-time, both clubs will be permitted to use a fourth substitute.

Will VAR be used?
VAR will not be used in the play-offs. Wembley has the technology in place but it won't be used. Goal-line technology will be used at Wembley for the play-off finals.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/away-goals-loan-rules-tv-16200504?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR3xRugnKRnuTn9wk-wVpKjkBkNcWTvTV_N7pu13YUQiamtllabJb_3C5xI
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #40 på: Mai 01, 2019, 10:34:17 »
Nine play-off appearances and five promotions: former Leeds United boss Simon Grayson on how to survive the end-of-season knockouts

Luciano Becchio applauds the Elland Road crowd, with Simon Grayson and Jermaine Beckford in the background, after defeat to Millwall in the 2009 League One play-off semi-finals.

Phil Hay  Published: 07:01   Wednesday 01 May 2019

There are few in English football more intimately acquainted with the play-offs than Simon Grayson, a man who has seen it all. He made four appearances as a player, five to date as a manager and has no fewer than five promotions in a scenario where certain clubs cannot get it right.

Leeds United are one of those teams and Grayson oversaw their most recent failure when Millwall survived the heat of Elland Road to knock Leeds out in the League One semi-finals in 2009. There is a consistent thread when United reach the play-offs: of defeat following defeat and United’s complex about them growing. Marcelo Bielsa’s first attempt to master them is an attempt to break a record which “has to end sometime”, according to an optimistic Grayson.

Grayson would know. He was the coach who led Preston North End to water in the League One final in 2015, their first promotion via the play-offs at the 10th time of trying and a result which redressed the worst record in the EFL. Leeds have four play-off losses behind them, the first in 1987 and the last on Grayson’s watch, and Millwall’s progression after a 1-1 draw at Elland Road 10 years ago is his best example of how quickly a two-legged tie can turn.

Leeds were 1-0 up on the night and level at 1-1 on aggregate after Luciano Becchio’s goal ignited Elland Road and left Millwall on the ropes. Then came a lengthy delay as Millwall defender Zak Whitbread received treatment on a head injury and Leeds’ weight of pressure was gone. Jimmy Abdou scored with a sweeping, close-range finish to eliminate a United squad who, prior to the play-offs, had won nine of their last 11 league games.

“We had Elland Road rocking after Lucanio scored and everybody in the ground was thinking ‘only one team will win this now’, including me,” Grayson said. “But the break for that injury broke our flow and took the wind from our sails a bit. It was a lifeline for Millwall at a time when they needed it. I’m sure it was a genuine injury; you go from piling on the pressure to kicking your heels and standing around for four or five minutes. The atmosphere drops.

“That’s the thing about the play-offs. You need to play well and you need to keep to the game plan that’s worked for you but even with all that, there are going to be little moments that go for or against you and they can be crucial. It’s a different mindset too because it’s you or them and results elsewhere don’t help. There’s massive pressure in the play-offs but I’ve always loved them.”

Bielsa is about to find out how much they appeal to him. Leeds will contest the first leg of their semi-final a week on Saturday, away from home against whichever side finishes sixth. There will be an unavoidable thought amongst his players that their season should already be finished, with automatic promotion confirmed, but Grayson saw the same situation at Preston.

North End had second place in League One in their hands but finished third after losing to Colchester United on the final day. Victory would have taken them up.

“You can’t hide the disappointment of that but I tried to make the players see the positives,” Grayson said. “All I said to them was ‘we’ve got a second chance to get it right. You were second and you’ve finished third but, if we were sixth and finished seventh, we’d be done and dusted and you’d all be on the beach. So think of that as a good thing.’ Once you get your head around the situation, and this is probably the same from Leeds’ perspective, you start to think about what could still happen.

“I tend to look at it positively anyway because the play-offs are brilliant. I won twice and lost twice as a player and I’ve lost twice and won three play-off finals as a manager. If someone could guarantee you victory at Wembley then I’d take that over automatic promotion every time because of the experience of the day itself but losing there really hurts. It’s a horrible moment. So really, I’d take second place and automatic all day long.”

Leeds, under Billy Bremner, were seven minutes from winning the Division Two play-off final in 1987, only to concede twice to Charlton Athletic in extra-time. The club were routed by Watford in the Championship play-off final in 2006, offered little in a 1-0 defeat to Doncaster Rovers in the League One final two years later and failed to navigate their way past Millwall over two legs on Grayson’s watch. This will be their fifth attempt to master the EFL’s knockouts.

“We had the same thing at Preston,” Grayson said. “Preston’s record was the worst of anybody’s and, before the final against Swindon (in 2015), you could sense people thinking ‘no chance’. On the outside it was that feeling of ‘we won’t win it because we never win the play-offs’. But records are there to be broken and records are often irrelevant. Usually you’re talking about different managers, different players, different eras and different opponents so the fact that Leeds didn’t do it 10 years ago or 20 years ago has no bearing on anything. In a way it might help them because a record like that has to end sometime, just like it did for Preston.

“The one thing that really pleased me against Millwall was the way we fed off the crowd at Elland Road. We weren’t nervous about it and we didn’t let the expectation worry us. It just didn’t go our way on the night. A big part of getting out of the play-offs is allowing yourself to enjoy them, even with all the pressure you’re under.”

United’s board have already started planning for two eventualities: a season in the Premier League or the more sobering reality of a 16th straight year in the EFL. The club want Bielsa to remain in charge as head coach regardless and are hopeful that he will but they will not be able to press the button on any strategy until the play-offs are over.

“You do lose two or three weeks when you could otherwise be planning for the division above,” Grayson said. “The play-offs delay your preparation and they don’t make it easier for the season that’s coming but once your in them, all of that thinking goes out the window for a manager. Whatever’s happened, deep down your happy that you’re still in with a chance.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/nine-play-off-appearances-and-five-promotions-former-leeds-united-boss-simon-grayson-on-how-to-survive-the-end-of-season-knockouts-1-9741549
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #41 på: Mai 02, 2019, 19:21:30 »
Adam Pope om play off semifinalene:

Re play off semi finals. Been made aware that it is not definite that if #lufc finish the season in 3rd that they will play first the following Saturday. Police & safety issues have to be taken into account along with rivalries which could mean the 4th v 5th game plays first.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #42 på: Mai 02, 2019, 20:40:36 »
Beren Cross

Play-off kick-offs confirmed. #lufc most likely to visit sixth at 5.15pm on May 11 and then host second leg at Elland Road on May 15 at 7.45pm.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #43 på: Mai 03, 2019, 20:10:10 »
Elland Road play-off ticket details revealed as Leeds United wait to discover fate

Leeds United announce play-off ticket details.

Phil Hay Published: 17:45  Updated: 18:14  Friday 03 May 2019

Leeds United have announced preliminary ticket details for their play-off semi-final ahead of the last weekend of Championship fixtures.
The club will receive a minimum allocation of 2,000 tickets for their away leg and plan to begin sales for the home leg to season-ticket holders at 10am on Monday morning.

United can finish no lower than fourth in the table and will claim third place unless they lose to Ipswich Town on Sunday and West Bromwich Albion beat Derby County.

Either position would see them play away from Elland Road first on Saturday, May 11 with the home leg to be staged the following week.

Sales for the away leg are expected to begin on Monday afternoon using the club’s away tracker system. Away season ticket holders enrolled in Leeds ‘away auto cup scheme’ will automatically be allocated a seat.
If Leeds finish third, they could play Derby County, Middlesbrough or Bristol City, all of whom have a chance of claiming sixth place this weekend.
Tickets for the home leg will be sold at category B prices and restricted to one per season ticket holder until the close of business on Tuesday, May 7.
Remaining tickets for Elland Road will then go on sale to platinum and gold members at 9am the following day and to silver members on Friday, May 10.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/elland-road-play-off-ticket-details-revealed-as-leeds-united-wait-to-discover-fate-1-9749111
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #44 på: Mai 04, 2019, 21:31:08 »
SVAK STATISTIKK FOR ALLE INVOLVERT:

Leeds United have something to prove in the Championship play-offs – and they’re not the only ones - Leeds Live

With their dream of an automatic return to the Premier League firmly put to bed, Leeds United are preparing for their first play-off campaign in almost a decade this May.

The Whites missed out on promotion to the top flight through regular season standings after Norwich City and Sheffield United took unassailable leads heading into the final league game of the campaign.

They will however still hope to seal a place at football’s high table, alongside West Brom, Aston Villa and one of Derby County, Middlesbrough or Bristol City.

But Marcelo Bielsa's side certainly have something to prove given their previous play-off record; across four appearances between the Championship and League One, they have never come out on top.

So just how does United’s record stack up against their rivals? There’s more failures than successes among the half-dozen sides squaring up for the final fight…

Leeds United

Leeds after their 2006 play-off final defeat
Play-off record: Four appearances (two in Championship, two in League One)

Best finish: 2006 (Championship runners-up vs Watford)

With a quartet of attempts to achieve promotion previously through the play-off system, Leeds have reached the final stage on three occasions, including the inaugural 1987 final.

At this point, third through fifth in the then-Second Division competed with the fourth-from-bottom team in the First Division for the spot.

United got the better of Oldham Athletic to set up a two-legged final with then-top flight side Charlton Athletic – and after the pair played out a 1-1 aggregate draw, the Whites were bettered 2-1 AET in a replay at St Andrew’s.

Modern Leeds fans however will remember best the agony of 2005-06, when Kevin Blackwell’s side went close to securing a Premier League return after only two years away.

The one team Leeds United will be cheering to boost their play-off promotion hopes 

In that instance, the joy of a comprehensive 3-1 aggregate win over Preston North End turned to ash when United were routed 3-0 by Watford at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

(Fun fact: future Premier League referee and cult hero Mike Dean was the man in the middle that day, with three yellow cards handed out to each side.)

United also lost to Doncaster two years later in the League One play-off final and were knocked out the following season at the semi-final stage by Millwall, with now-Lions boss Neil Harris getting on the scoresheet for the London club.

West Brom

West Brom were undone by Bolton in the 2001 semis

Play-off record: Three appearances (two in Championship, one in League One)

Best finish: 1993 (League One winners vs Port Vale)

The Baggies have typically gone up through automatic promotion when chasing a Premier League return and haven’t actually succeeded in either of their Championship play-off attempts.

They are winners in play-off football overall however, with success that dates back over a quarter-century to the 1993 Division Two play-off final.

On that occasion, they ran on 3-2 winners on aggregate against Swansea City before delivering a 3-0 win over Port Vale at Wembley.

Andy Hunt, Nicky Reid and Kevin Donovan were the men who found the back of the net on that day.

Their other two appearances – at Championship level – include a semi-final exit in 2001 to Bolton Wanderers and a defeat at Wembley to another current play-off rival, Derby County.

Aston Villa

Villa lost last season's play-off final(Image: Clive Mason/Getty Images)

Play-off record: One appearance (one in Championship)

Best finish: 2018 (Championship runners-up vs Fulham)

Having spent all of the Premier League era in the top flight until their relegation in 2016, the Villains have reached the top six once in their subsequent two-year stay in the second tier.

After mustering only 14th in 2016-17, they bounced back to finish fourth the following season, with Mile Jedinak’s only goal across a two-legged tie with Middlesbrough proving the difference to take them to Wembley.

But in captain John Terry’s final game for the club, Steve Bruce’s side couldn’t better Fulham in the final, with the Cottagers taking the victory through Tom Cairney’s first-half effort.

Derby County

Billy Davies led Derby to the Premier League in 2007

Play-off record: Seven appearances (seven in Championship)

Best finish : 2007 (Championship winners vs West Brom)

The Rams’ record for the most part points to Frank Lampard’s side being perennial contenders – and bottlers – in the upper-table scrap to reach the Premier League

But amid their six failures – more than any other side in contention – they also remain one of only two to have actually tasted success.

That came in 2007, when they achieved promotion to the Premier League against West Brom in a 1-0 victory in the first play-off final to be played at the rebuilt Wembley Stadium.

Why Pontus Jansson's 'magic hat' chant was sung on the BBC's Have I Got News For You 

County needed a penalty shoot-out victory against Preston North End to get them there but they ultimately bettered the Baggies on their day thanks to Stephen Pearson’s second half effort just beyond the hour.

They have also lost twice in the final; against Leicester City in 1994 and against Queens Park Rangers in 2014.

Middlesbrough

Boro lost to Aston Villa in last season's semi-finals

Play-off record: Four appearances (four in Championship)

Best finish: 1988 (Division Two winners vs Chelsea)

Like Leeds United, Boro have made four appearances in the end-of-season promotion contest, albeit all of them in the second tier.

They’ve also done better than the Whites on average too, with their peak play-off achievement coming only a year after Leeds missed out to Charlton, in 1988.

On that occasion, the North Yorkshire club were able to set up a two-legged final with Chelsea following a triumph against Bradford City.

They won the first tie 2-0 at Riverside before losing the reverse at Stamford Bridge – but only by a goal, sealing their place in the top flight and consigning the Blues to relegation.

Bristol City

The Robins lost the play-off final in 2008

Play-off record: Five appearances (one in Championship, four in League One)

Best finish: 2008 (Championship runners-up vs Hul City)

With just under half-a-dozen play-off runs under their belt, the Robins have only ever mixed it once at the top end of the pyramid, just over a decade ago.

In 2008, they finished fourth and then got the better of Crystal Palace over a two-legged semi-final that required extra time to separate the pair.

But come the final at Wembley, they weren’t able to replicate Derby’s efforts the year before and instead found themselves beaten on the biggest stage by Hull City.

The Tigers came out on top thanks to Dean Windass’ first half goal, while current Bristol boss Lee Johnson was a substitute for the losing side

Min første Leeds-kamp:

GeirO

« Svar #45 på: Mai 05, 2019, 16:11:38 »
Noen som vet hvorfor alle må vente 12 dager fra siste semifinale til finale? Synes hvert år dette er merkelig.
MOT

Promotion 2010

« Svar #46 på: Mai 05, 2019, 16:32:58 »
Noen som vet hvorfor alle må vente 12 dager fra siste semifinale til finale? Synes hvert år dette er merkelig.

Penger!

Playoffhelg og greier! Mye står på spill for Sky-TV!  ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #47 på: Mai 05, 2019, 16:38:39 »
Tror dessverre du slipper å tenke på at det er 12 dager >:(