Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs. Huddersfield Town 15/4  (Lest 89940 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

KAMP: vs. Huddersfield Town 15/4
« på: April 06, 2008, 00:38:16 »

Sesongens fjerde siste kamp går mot Huddersfield Town på Galpharm stadium tirsdag 15. april, kl. 20.15.

Det meste om sesongen første oppgjør, ex-players, statto, m.m. finner du her (seier 4-0, 8. desember): http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=9472.0

kjelvi

Sv: KAMP: vs. Huddersfield Town 15/4
« Svar #1 på: April 06, 2008, 00:40:50 »
Huddersfield Town - Galpharm Stadium

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN'S stadium was considered a structure of architectural splendour when the doors to the McAlpine Stadium were opened in 1994.
The novel design of the arena was rewarded with the Royal Institute of British Architects Stirling Prize in 1995, an accolade which has since been won by the Gateshead Millennium Bridge and the Scottish Parliament building in Edinburgh.

* Name: Galpharm Stadium
* Capacity: 24,500
* Record Attendance: 23,678 v Liverpool in December 1999
* Distance from Elland Road: 16 miles
* Year ground opened: 1994
* United's last visit: Never visited

Attractive stadiums are now a familiar site at all levels of professional English football, but Huddersfield's ground was ahead of its time and still retains a unique feel with semi-circular stands surrounding the pitch.
Alfred McAlpine were the main contractors behind the venue's construction, and a deal struck by the company saw the ground named the McAlpine Stadium for 10 years.
In 2004, McAlpine relinquished their sponsorship and allowed Galpharm Healthcare to fill their shoes, providing the stadium with its present name.
The cost of the project was around £40million, although close to £10million was provided by the English Sports Council, English Partnerships, the Football Trust and the Foundation for Sports and Arts. The result was an arena with a capacity of 24,500 which Leeds United will visit for the first time next season.
On the last occasion that United travelled to Huddersfield, in the autumn of 1987, a meagre crowd of 9,085 turned out at Town's former stadium Leeds Road.
That attendance will be easily surpassed on March 25 when the clubs clash at the Galpharm, their first league meeting for 20 years.
The game has already been put back by 24 hours after the Football League's original schedule pencilled the match in for Easter Monday.
United can expect to receive around 4,000 tickets for the Pink Lane Stand, one of the largest allocations likely to come their way next season. Town's match-day prices peak at £22 for adults and £10 for children.
A mere 16 miles from Leeds, the forthcoming trip to the Galpharm Stadium is a welcome contrast to the string of long and demanding journeys forced upon United by their relegation to League One.
The Galpharm is surrounded by a number of low-cost car parks, and a train journey from Leeds is a 20-minute affair. Coming ahead of visits to Leyton Orient, Millwall and Yeovil, the trip to the Galpharm will be light relief for United's regular away followers.

YEP

kjelvi

« Svar #2 på: April 06, 2008, 00:52:29 »
Kamp 5/4:

Huddersfield - Doncaster 2-2 (1-0)
H: Robbie Williams 7, Andy Holdsworth 61
D: Gareth Taylor 52, Paul Green 84

Team: 27. Matthew Glennon, 5. David Mirfin, 6. Nathan Clarke, 29. Robert Page, 2. Andy Holdsworth, 22. James Berrett, 8. Jonathan Worthington, 4. Michael Collins, 10. Robbie Williams (68), 23. Andy Booth, 7. Chris Brandon.     
- Subs: 3. Joe Skarz (68), 18. Luke Beckett, 13. Frank Sinclair, 15. Malvin Kamara, 28. Alex Smithies (GK).

* GREEN MAKES POINT FOR DONNY: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_league1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer_league_1_and_2/08/04/05/manual_180614.html
* Murphy: "they Played With Pride": http://www.htafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/PostMatchComments/0,,10312~1282603,00.html
* Huddersfield Town 2 Doncaster 2: http://www.htafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10312~38463,00.html
* Green rescues point: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/huddersfield/Huddersfield-Town-2-Doncaster-Rovers.3952323.jp

Webredaktøren

• Gjest
« Svar #3 på: April 06, 2008, 10:09:00 »
Dette blir nok en nøkkelkamp i opprykkskampen, selv om vår lokalrival da ikke er med i den. Alltid artig med lokaloppgjør!

Hallgeir *

« Svar #4 på: April 06, 2008, 12:10:26 »
Dette blir nok en nøkkelkamp i opprykkskampen, selv om vår lokalrival da ikke er med i den. Alltid artig med lokaloppgjør!
  Alle kommende kamper er nøkkelkamper...helt til plassen er matematisk sikret.
Super Leeds since 1968

75 SOLLI

« Svar #5 på: April 06, 2008, 19:50:45 »

Ja, og da kan vi vel konkludere med at alle kampene gjennom hele sesongen er nøkkelkamper!

Hallgeir *

« Svar #6 på: April 06, 2008, 20:09:08 »

Ja, og da kan vi vel konkludere med at alle kampene gjennom hele sesongen er nøkkelkamper!

Mitt poeng, som jeg muligens ikke fikk helt fram, var at kampen mot Huddersfield ikke er viktigere enn kampen mot f.eks. Millwall. Når vi er matematisk sikret playoff, DA kan vi begynne å snakke om mindre viktige kamper som (evt.) gjenstår før sesongslutt. I tillegg kommer spenningen om hvor mange poeng vi får tilbake. Vi burde for skams skyld ha alle 15.
Super Leeds since 1968

Webredaktøren

• Gjest
« Svar #7 på: April 06, 2008, 20:38:04 »

Mitt poeng, som jeg muligens ikke fikk helt fram, var at kampen mot Huddersfield ikke er viktigere enn kampen mot f.eks. Millwall. Når vi er matematisk sikret playoff, DA kan vi begynne å snakke om mindre viktige kamper som (evt.) gjenstår før sesongslutt. I tillegg kommer spenningen om hvor mange poeng vi får tilbake. Vi burde for skams skyld ha alle 15.

Selvfølgelig ;)

Dennis

« Svar #8 på: April 06, 2008, 22:18:21 »
Kan vi se opp i mot publikumsrekord for Huddersfield? Leeds hadde sesongbeste med 32.501 i hjemmekampen mot H'field, men ettersom denne kampen spilles tirsdag kveld, er kanskje rekord ikke helt sannsynlig.
Marching on together!

MartinR

• På juniorlaget
  • One time Leeds, Always Leeds
    • MSN Messenger - Reitan96@hotmail.com
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: April 12, 2008, 18:32:57 »
Gleder meg allerede til kampen på Tirdag :D
Nå har vi vunnet de 3 av 3 kamper i April ;D
Håper gutta har trua på dette ;)

Webredaktøren

• Gjest
« Svar #10 på: April 12, 2008, 18:41:23 »
Klart de har trua :)

Stifler

« Svar #11 på: April 12, 2008, 20:14:29 »
Blir nok en tøffere kamp enn forventet.

Et lag uten trener og ikke har noe å spille for virker greit å slå, men spillerene må ikke ta dette
som en enkel kamp. Kan skje etter 3 meget sterke seiere mot "topplag"

men om spillerene gir alt som idag har jeg tro på en stor seier!:)
-Nr 2 er den første taperen-

kjelvi

« Svar #12 på: April 12, 2008, 23:26:59 »
Kamp 12/4:

Port Vale - Huddersfield 0-0

TEAM:
27. Matthew Glennon, 6. Nathan Clarke, 5. David Mirfin, 29. Robert Page, 10. Robbie Williams, 22. James Berrett, 4. Michael Collins, 8. Jonathan Worthington  (68), 2. Andy Holdsworth, 23. Andy Booth, 7. Chris Brandon.
- SUBS: 28. Alex Smithies (GK), 3. Joe Skarz, 12. Tom Clarke, 15. Malvin Kamara (68), 18. Luke Beckett 

VALE'S RELEGATION CONFIRMED

Port Vale's relegation to League Two was finally confirmed as their three-game winning streak was ended by a 0-0 draw with managerless Huddersfield.
Vale played some attractive football in the first half, but struggled to create any clear openings against a strong Town defence led by veteran Robert Page.
And it was another old stager who was the most effective forward for the visitors as 34-year-old Andy Booth gave the home rearguard plenty to think about.
Booth came close to breaking the deadlock on the half-hour when his header from Andy Holdsworth's cross was blocked on the line by Simon Richman.
And Huddersfield started brightly in the second half, when James Berrett and Holdsworth threatened before the visitors had the ball in the net in the 58th minute when Nathan Clarke headed Holdsworth's corner towards goal, but Chris Brandon was adjudged to have strayed offside before he applied the finishing touch from point-blank range.
Huddersfield also created further chances with Booth and Holdsworth both shooting wildly off target when well placed.

PA Sport

KeyserSoze

« Svar #13 på: April 14, 2008, 15:39:15 »

Sesongens fjerde siste kamp går mot Huddersfield Town på Galpharm stadium tirsdag 15. april, kl. 20.15.

Det meste om sesongen første oppgjør, ex-players, statto, m.m. finner du her (seier 4-0, 8. desember): http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=9472.0

Kampstart 2045 (ikke 2015).

Sleivind

« Svar #14 på: April 14, 2008, 18:18:22 »
Bekcford er fortsatt usikker foran kampen i morgen, Sheehan er vel fremdeles suspendert og vil Hunty beholde plassen i forsvaret?

Ankers
Frazer - Hunty - Michalik - Kenton
Kilkenny - Howson - Douglas - Johnson
Freedman - Beckford? Kandol? Elding? Constantine?

Webredaktøren

• Gjest
« Svar #15 på: April 14, 2008, 18:21:57 »
Bekcford er fortsatt usikker foran kampen i morgen, Sheehan er vel fremdeles suspendert og vil Hunty beholde plassen i forsvaret?

Ankers
Frazer - Hunty - Michalik - Kenton
Kilkenny - Howson - Douglas - Johnson
Freedman - Beckford? Kandol? Elding? Constantine?

McAllister sier til klubbens offisielle side i dag at Kandol er nærmest en startplass om Beckford blir hvilt grunnet den lille skaden.

Snow

• Gjest
« Svar #16 på: April 14, 2008, 19:59:35 »
Sitter i sofaen og har en god magefølse. :D
Og den magefølsen sier: Vi knuser dem i morgen ;D
« Siste redigering: April 14, 2008, 20:13:31 av Simon »

kjelvi

« Svar #17 på: April 14, 2008, 20:35:14 »
BECKFORD DOUBTFUL FOR LEEDS

Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford is doubtful for the midweek Yorkshire derby at Huddersfield.
Leading goalscorer Beckford was forced out of the action against Carlisle over the weekend due to an ankle injury.
Tresor Kandol was his replacement on Saturday and is expected to partner on-loan Crystal Palace forward Dougie Freedman should Beckford fail to make it.
Freedman has shaken off the sickness bug which threatened his participation on Saturday.
Midfielder Neil Kilkenny is expected to play, despite struggling with an ankle problem, but Leeds will be without on-loan defender Alan Sheehan, who sits out the second of a three-game ban.
David Prutton and Anthony Elding are likely to stay on the substitutes' bench again as promotion-chasing Leeds look to extend their winning run to four matches.

Huddersfield skipper Jon Worthington has shaken off an ankle knock in time to feature on Tuesday.
The Terriers midfielder, who has endured an injury-plagued season, was forced off in the weekend draw at Port Vale, but is expected to make the starting line-up for the derby clash.
Caretaker manager Gerry Murphy has no new injury or suspension problems and will again be able to name an unchanged side.
Defender Frank Sinclair is still struggling with an ankle injury and long-term absentees Phil Jevons and Danny Cadamarteri remain sidelined.
Jevons has returned to training following an ankle problem that has kept him out of the last six matches, while Cadamarteri has not figured since December due to tendonitis in his knee.

PA Sport

Einar

« Svar #18 på: April 15, 2008, 10:55:34 »
Huddersfield skipper Jon Worthington
En aldri så liten digresjon, men er denne karen i slekt med gode gamle Frank? - som var med den gangen for 30 år siden da Huddersfield var gode.

Webredaktøren

• Gjest
« Svar #19 på: April 15, 2008, 11:00:46 »
Huddersfield skipper Jon Worthington
En aldri så liten digresjon, men er denne karen i slekt med gode gamle Frank? - som var med den gangen for 30 år siden da Huddersfield var gode.

Kanskje i slekt med Nigel Worthington også? Tidligere Leeds-spiller og Norwich-manager...

T-R

« Svar #20 på: April 15, 2008, 11:44:12 »
Vell da er vi her igjen da ogventer på ny kamp. Er mye mere opptimist enn på lenge.
Er det noen vet noe mere om når disse poengene kan komme tilbake??? ;D
Lykke til alle sammen.
                                LEEDS4EVER

Webredaktøren

• Gjest
« Svar #21 på: April 15, 2008, 12:11:44 »
Vell da er vi her igjen da ogventer på ny kamp. Er mye mere opptimist enn på lenge.
Er det noen vet noe mere om når disse poengene kan komme tilbake??? ;D
Lykke til alle sammen.
                                LEEDS4EVER

Før lørdagens kamp mot Millwall sies det.

auren

« Svar #22 på: April 15, 2008, 12:45:27 »
Håper Beckford blir hvilt i dagens kamp. Viktig at han blir 100% matchfit og ikke slår opp/forverrer skaden slik at han står i fare for å bli ute resten av sesongen.

Hadde foretrukket Constantine til å være Dougies partner, men det blir nok Kandol som fikk mye skryt for innhoppet på lørdag.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Snow

• Gjest
« Svar #23 på: April 15, 2008, 12:49:20 »
Håper Beckford blir hvilt i dagens kamp. Viktig at han blir 100% matchfit og ikke slår opp/forverrer skaden slik at han står i fare for å bli ute resten av sesongen.

Hadde foretrukket Constantine til å være Dougies partner, men det blir nok Kandol som fikk mye skryt for innhoppet på lørdag.

auren
Hvis vi mister Beckford får vi håpe at Kandol og Freedman får score masse mål :)

Larsen.

« Svar #24 på: April 15, 2008, 14:01:35 »
Er litt redd at Leeds tar litt for lett på Huddersfield, lokalderby er helt anderledes, Huddersfield ligger jo 10 min unna Leeds sentrum så det er ikke langt unna... :) Pride of Yorkshire
Pride of Yorkshire

Larsen.

« Svar #25 på: April 15, 2008, 14:03:07 »

auren
Hvis vi mister Beckford får vi håpe at Kandol og Freedman får score masse mål :)

Har mer tro på Elding en Kandol. Litt forundra over at Prutton er skøvet i kulda, han spilte jo på ingen måte seg ut av laget, men fikk en liden skade i for kant av Doncaster kampen..
Pride of Yorkshire

Webredaktøren

• Gjest
« Svar #26 på: April 15, 2008, 14:04:23 »

auren

Har mer tro på Elding en Kandol. Litt forundra over at Prutton er skøvet i kulda, han spilte jo på ingen måte seg ut av laget, men fikk en liden skade i for kant av Doncaster kampen..

Men samtidig så har jo ingen på midten spilt seg ut i det siste. Never change a winning team? ;D

kjelvi

« Svar #27 på: April 15, 2008, 14:19:10 »
McAllister considering all possibilities in big week

Huddersfield Town v Leeds United
League One

THERE are so many imponderables going into a five-day spell that could make or break Leeds United's season that manager Gary McAllister has called on his players to forget all about the club's arbitration hearing.
The Elland Road club's fight to overturn a 15-point penalty imposed by the Football League is approaching its conclusion with a three-man arbitration panel set to start hearing evidence tomorrow.
Three days have been set aside and a verdict is expected on Friday, just 24 hours before McAllister takes his side to Millwall in League One.
And if United have been successful in not only getting their 15 points but also beating Huddersfield Town tonight at the Galpharm Stadium, they could even seal automatic promotion with a draw at the Den.
McAllister is well aware of this but, equally, he knows that defeat in tonight's derby coupled with being unsuccessful in arbitration could put even a play-off place in jeopardy.
The United chief said: "I have looked at all the scenarios, I would be stupid not to, and every outcome – from zero points back to 15 points back.
"It is difficult not to let your mind wander towards this decision but it is important we block everything out. We just have to get in the play-offs without those points.
"We have to show self-discipline and focus entirely on winning at Huddersfield. The players have taken it on board that all they can do is win games.
If we don't get any points back, I think it will make us even more determined to get in the play-off slots and come out the other end of them."
Asked if he, as manager, was budgeting for any points to be returned, McAllister replied: "Absolutely not.
"We are budgeting for zero points and that means we have to build on our nice little cushion.
"The players and I have to finish the season with a big push, a lot of effort and make sure (seventh-placed) Walsall do not creep up on us."
Leeds, who yesterday released Portuguese winger Filipe Da Costa, make the short trip to the Galpharm Stadium in confident mood after a run of four wins in five games, a haul of 13 points having powered the club up from 10th place to sixth.
Regardless of what happens in arbitration, it means United are handily placed to secure a play-off place.
On tonight's game against Town, McAllister added: "I think we can safely say this is not at the same level as something like a Merseyside derby, but it is still a derby. There are bragging rights to be won. We will have to be competitive and show a lot of discipline because, on occasions, it can spill over."
Jermaine Beckford is a major doubt for United with the shoulder injury that has seen the striker substituted in the last two games. The stakes may not be quite as high for Huddersfield in the coming five days but there is little doubt they are also facing a crucial few weeks.
A shortlist of six has been drawn up by the Terriers board in their search for Andy Ritchie's successor with Martin Allen and Chris Hutchings believed to be among the front-runners.
Chairman elect Dean Hoyle said: "We now have our shortlist and the first round of interviewing takes place this week. The second stage will happen the week after and then we will take it from there.
"I would like to go on record to say that if, after the second interviews, we don't feel we have the right man then we will wait for the right man.
"I would like to think we will have someone in before the summer but we only have one chance at this and we have to get it right."

Last six games: Huddersfield Town , Leeds United LDWDWW.
Referee: P Taylor (Hertfordshire).
Last time: Huddersfield Town 0 Leeds United 0; September 15, 1987; Division Two.

YP

kjelvi

« Svar #28 på: April 15, 2008, 14:21:14 »
Leeds United boss Mac's six appeal

Gary McAllister has called on his Leeds United players to stamp their name on sixth place in League One with victory in tonight's West Yorkshire derby at Huddersfield Town.
The Elland Road club will make the short trip to the Galpharm Stadium with a place in the play-offs beckoning after Saturday's 3-2 victory over Carlisle United.
The Leeds boss said: "We're aware of who else is playing tonight, and if we get three points at Huddersfield then they (Walsall) can't make an impression on us at all. That's the target.
"We're budgeting for zero points (from arbitration), and we've got a nice little cushion. Our destiny's in our own hands.
"The players and I are thinking we're not going to get any points, which means we have to finish the season with a big push and a lot of effort.
"We have to make sure that Walsall don't creep up on us. We've crept up on a few teams, and that's what we'll keep doing right until Gillingham (on May 3)."
Leeds hold a four-point advantage over Walsall, who lie in seventh position, and the margin will stretch to seven points with three games remaining should a United victory over Huddersfield be complemented by a defeat for Walsall at home to Bristol Rovers this evening.
Leeds have a game in hand over Brighton, Tranmere Rovers and Oldham Athletic and will effectively end the play-off ambitions of all three clubs with a first away win at Huddersfield since 1963.
United as a club are waiting pensively for the outcome of this week's arbitrational review of their 15-point deduction – a hearing which could overturn the penalty and lift Leeds up to second in the League One table – but McAllister admitted he was "budgeting for zero points" from the arbitration panel as tonight's derby loomed.
McAllister has targeted sixth place throughout the course of his short reign at Elland Road and successive victories over Carlisle, Leyton Orient and Doncaster Rovers have reclaimed a position which was threatening to slip away during a run of expensive form during February and March.
United's manager admitted the victory over Carlisle in particular had provided a demonstration of the club's rude health just four weeks before the play-offs are due to begin and claimed the result would provide Leeds with a mental advantage were the two clubs to meet again in the end-of-season knockouts.
McAllister said: "Psychologically, we realised that winning matches would send out a message.
"Five or six games ago we were outside the top-six slots and we were realistic enough to acknowledge that we needed to keep pegging back the teams immediately above us. We've managed to do that and we'll keep doing that.
"I've certainly looked at scenarios if we get the 15 points back, and it would be stupid not to. But I've distanced myself from the points issue. We've got to try and win games."
Meanwhile, United defender Paul Huntington looks likely to avoid any punishment from the Football Association after allegedly making offensive gestures towards Carlisle's supporters at Elland Road on Saturday.
Huntington has issued a public apology for his behaviour in Leeds' 3-2 victory, but the FA confirmed to the YEP that the report from match official Lee Probert made no mention of the incidents and the governing body is not expected to investigate the 20-year-old centre-back.
Meanwhile Leeds United have parted company with Filipe Da Costa after terminating the winger's contract at Elland Road by mutual consent.
United agreed to free Da Costa from his one-year deal, which would have expired at the end of the season, and the August signing from Greek club Ionikos has returned to his homeland of Portugal after only seven appearances for Leeds.
Boss Gary McAllister said: "It's been on the cards. We tried to nurse him through three or four injuries, but it's best for everybody to go our separate ways."

YEP

kjelvi

« Svar #29 på: April 15, 2008, 14:22:25 »
Murphy: This one's for the fans

Huddersfield Town caretaker boss Gerry Murphy knows just how important tonight's game against Leeds United is.
"This is a game for the fans," said Murphy. "It's not about the players as much as the supporters.
"As far as we are concerned if we win the fans will forgive everything."
The Terriers are expecting a bumper crowd at the Galpharm for the eagerly-awaited West Yorkshire derby.
Murphy, who is set to name an unchanged starting 11 for the third successive game, said there was a positive feeling around the club.
"There seems to be a bit of a bounce in everyone's step at the moment and everybody is excited about what the future holds," he said.
"We are keeping the same starting line-up and the same bench as Saturday.
"I wanted to introduce some continuity and show the players that I believe in them."
Midfielder Jon Worthington has overcome a twisted ankle to play tonight, but striker Phil Jevons (calf) and defender Frank Sinclair (calf) remain sidelined.
Chairman-in-waiting Dean Hoyle is relishing tonight's game as much as any supporter.
He said: "Leeds at home and a new managerto find in my first full week (following the recent dismissal of Andy Ritchie). What a baptism of fire.
"I was excited about going to Vale Park on Saturday, so imagine how excited I am about Leeds. I know the players won't let us down."
Murphy will join Hoyle and present chairman Ken Davy on the managerial interview panel and Murphy said: "It's going to be a busy week. It is good to have an input in the club's future."
Huddersfield have a six-man shortlist with the first interviews this week and the second interviews next week, but Hoyle said there was no rush to appoint a new manager.
He added: "If after the second interviews we don't feel we have the right man we will wait."

Huddersfield Town (probable): Glennon, N Clarke, Page, Mirfin, Holdsworth, Worthington, Berrett, Collins, Williams, Booth, Brandon. Subs: Kamara, Skarz, T Clarke, Beckett, Smithies.

YEP