Skrevet av Emne: Westlake will be going back to Elland Road  (Lest 2337 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

testo

Westlake will be going back to Elland Road
« på: Februar 19, 2009, 22:45:18 »
Cheltenham Town midfielder Ian Westlake says he will have nothing to prove as he returns to former club Leeds United on Saturday.
Westlake will be going back to Elland Road for the first time since leaving to join the Robins, initially on loan, last October.
That move became permanent in January and although Westlake has made a positive impression at Whaddon Road, he is more concerned with impressing his own fans than making a point to Leeds'.
"I don't feel I have a point to prove with Leeds and my point to prove might actually be with Cheltenham," Westlake said.
"It's nice to play against your old club, but I don't feel like I have anything to put right there.
I am here now and I just want to play for the club and start to turn the results around."
Westlake joined Leeds from Ipswich in 2006, but could not prevent them from suffering relegation from the Championship at the end of his first season.
The 25-year-old was a regular for Leeds under the management of Dennis Wise last term, but Wise left to join Newcastle United and was replaced as boss by Gary McAllister in January 2008.
The left-footer was told that he did not figure in McAllister's plans and he was loaned to Brighton for the final two months of the campaign.
"Under Wisey, I felt I did well for Leeds," he said. "But under McAllister, I knew I wasn't going to play for Leeds again. That happens at a lot of places and it's happened here to players, but you have to get on with it."
Westlake played in Leeds' 1-0 defeat at Whaddon Road last season, but he was at Brighton when Cheltenham won the return match 2-1 at Elland Road last March.
"I remember at Whaddon Road we had four strikers on and we were throwing everything forward trying to get the win and they nicked one in the last minute," he recalled.
"We were pretty annoyed going home, but that probably hasn't crossed Leeds' minds. It's just another match and one they have to win as they want to get into the play-offs."
Cheltenham have lost six of their last seven league games and Westlake admitted that last weekend's 3-2 defeat by Hereford, who also beat Leeds 2-0 this week, was difficult to accept.
"I didn't sleep at all on Saturday night," he said.
"We played well for 90 minutes, but they had two deflections to win 3-2. It made me sick and it's still a bitter pill for me to swallow.
"That game really will stick with me for a while, but as much as that one hurt, maybe we will enjoy this one as much the opposite way when we beat Leeds."

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/sport/Cheltenham-Town-s-Westlake-trying-prove-point/article-713596-detail/article.html
« Siste redigering: Februar 20, 2009, 16:40:22 av testo »
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje

lojosang

Sv: Westlake will be going back to Elland Road
« Svar #1 på: Februar 20, 2009, 00:55:45 »
%3Cbody%3E%3Cdiv%20id%3D%22adDiv%22%3E%3CA%20HREF%3D%22http%3A//ads.anm.co.uk/ADCLICK/CID%3Dfffffffcfffffffcfffffffc/AAMSZ%3D452x118/SITE%3DTHISISBRIS/AREA%3DWDP/SUBAREA%3DWDP%20SPORT/ARTICLE%3D713596/acc_random%3D9404842875/pageid%3D/RS%3D%22%20target%3D%22_new%22%3E%3CIMG%20SRC%3D%22http%3A//iad.anm.co.uk/anmdefaultad.gif%22%20ALT%3D%22%22%20border%3D0%20style%3D%22margin-bottom%3A%200px%3B%22%3E%3C/A%3E%3C/div%3E

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/sport/Cheltenham-Town-s-Westlake-trying-prove-point/article-713596-detail/article.html

Eh, jeg prøver å lese mellom linjene her, men forstår det ikke helt. Alle prosenttegnene bringer tankene hen til statistikk, så kanskje McMidjo kan tolke for oss?  ???
« Siste redigering: Februar 20, 2009, 09:42:16 av lojosang »
- Leif Olav

GeirO

« Svar #2 på: Februar 20, 2009, 07:28:28 »
Forstår du ikke Westlakes banning over at han ikke har noe å "put right there" :D
MOT

testo

« Svar #3 på: Februar 20, 2009, 16:32:49 »
 ;D ;D sorry guys  ;D ;D
« Siste redigering: Februar 21, 2009, 12:50:37 av testo »
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje

Pettersen97

« Svar #4 på: Februar 20, 2009, 17:56:59 »
Forbause mæ ikke om han putte 1 eller 2 mot åss i mårra.. >:(
The Mighty Whites

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: Februar 20, 2009, 19:29:37 »
Blir nervøs av dette! En kamp våre guttær kan finne på å surre det til i!
Yeboahs vitne

Sølvreven

« Svar #6 på: Februar 21, 2009, 11:01:18 »
;D ;D sorry gay;D ;D
Ville likt det bedre om du hadde kalt oss guys................. ;)
Og! jeg vedder hatten på at Westlake gjør sin livs kamp i dag. Han putter sikkert i det 94 minutt, men da leder vi 4-0, så det gjør ikke så mye  :D
« Siste redigering: Februar 21, 2009, 11:03:00 av Sølvreven »

Leedsoholic. Oppfinneren av "pretting".

testo

« Svar #7 på: Februar 21, 2009, 12:58:29 »
;D ;D sorry gay;D ;D
Og! jeg vedder hatten på at Westlake gjør sin livs kamp i dag. Han putter sikkert i det 94 minutt, men da leder vi 4-0, så det gjør ikke så mye  :D

sorry again--not intended to insult....Feilen er rettet....stand on guys
MOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terje
Terje

lojosang

« Svar #8 på: Februar 21, 2009, 16:04:22 »
;D ;D sorry gay;D ;D

sorry again--not intended to insult....Feilen er rettet....stand on guys
MOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terje

Da skal jeg prøve kalle tilbake de tyske lærhomseninjadvergene jeg hadde leid inn for å "ta seg av deg". Så få vi bare håpe de har dekning på mobilen!  ;D
- Leif Olav

testo

« Svar #9 på: Februar 21, 2009, 19:45:37 »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( ;D :D ;D :D
Terje

lojosang

« Svar #10 på: Februar 21, 2009, 19:48:18 »

Hovrdan skal vi tolke dette? SMSen min til Ninjadvergene kom ikke fram, og du syntes avstrafningen var både god og vond på en gang?  ;D

FRYKTELIG godt å se (all den tid man ser særlig godt på radioen) Westlake ikke få med seg poeng hjem til God's Own Country, Gloucestershire.
- Leif Olav

testo

« Svar #11 på: Februar 21, 2009, 20:12:27 »

Hovrdan skal vi tolke dette? SMSen min til Ninjadvergene kom ikke fram, og du syntes avstrafningen var både god og vond på en gang?  ;D

FRYKTELIG godt å se (all den tid man ser særlig godt på radioen) Westlake ikke få med seg poeng hjem til God's Own Country, Gloucestershire.

;D ;D
Terje