Skrevet av Emne: Kan vi endelig slutte med meningsløs diskusjon om Beckford?  (Lest 187628 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

RoarG

Sv: Kan vi endelig slutte med meningsløs diskusjon om Beckford?
« Svar #900 på: Januar 05, 2012, 22:28:53 »
"alle" ønsker seg smith tilbake.

tar gjerne becks jeg.

eller vil egentlig bare få tråden opp og gå igjen  ;D ;D
Da lyktes du bra. Noe nytt om Becks, da?

njaaa. lite.
må være denne da, fra novemver
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7325268/
Ja, det begynner å bli en stund siden.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

B_Ød

« Svar #901 på: Januar 06, 2012, 07:42:35 »
blir lat, sutrete, grisk og litt full av meg selv av denne tråden jeg  ;)
Ups & Ups!!

Masinga

« Svar #902 på: Januar 06, 2012, 09:22:35 »
Nok en nostalgisk tråd der alt var rosenrødt i League One.
Masinga, medl.nr. 1250

Hallgeir *

« Svar #903 på: Januar 07, 2012, 22:22:07 »
The Return Of Jermaine Beckford?

Published on January 7th, 2012

If there’s one sure fire way to give Leeds United fans a desperately needed lift this January then re-signing Jermaine Beckford from Leicester City would be top of any list.

Unfortunately, I just can’t see it happening, and here’s why;

1. Saving Face

When Jermaine Beckford left Elland Road, he did so with dreams of taking the Premier League by storm at Everton. 18 months on, he’s playing for a club that currently sits four places below us in the Championship which must be a difficult thing for him to come to terms with. Accepting he made a mistake before performing a u-turn seems incredibly unlikely to me.

The fact Leicester City are struggling more than we are should mean we’re the better bet for Premier League football next season though, shouldn’t it? Well no, not really. Things haven’t quite fallen into place for The Foxes yet, but they’ll keep throwing money at it and something will stick sooner or later.

Leeds on the other hand are achieving pretty much what we all expected them to, and there’s no real reason to believe our position will improve by much. We’re three, maybe four quality additions shy of a decent shot and it’s hard to see where they’re going to come from given the limited resources available to the manager, which incidentally, brings us on to my next point…

2. Wage Demands

The only reason Leicester City were able to prise Jermaine Beckford away from his cushy little earner in the Premier League was by offering wages well above what Ken Bates likes to dish out.

It’s all well and good having a wage cap at Elland Road, but all that really means is that when we’re attempting to sign big names like Keith Andrews, Ipswich Town will simply offer a few quid more and we’re left with Michael Brown. Our wage cap is a bit like communism – it sounds good in theory.

The theory falls apart however when you try to sign anyone that is above the standard quality of this decision. Average players will accept an average wage. The better ones won’t.

3. The Price Tag

Wages don’t matter though because there’s a huge hurdle we’d have to overcome before that which Ken Bates’ stumpy little legs simply can’t clear.

Leicester City paid £2.5m for Jermaine Beckford, and the rumour is, that they want to recoup as much of that as possible. Our starting and finishing bid of £30 and one Billy Paynter is unlikely to seal it.

In fact, I doubt we’d even offer that. Can anyone seriously see Ken Bates offering money for a player who walked away on a free? He’d never sleep again, such insanity would give him nightmares.

4. Priorities

The single biggest reason why I can’t see this happening is the small matter of not actually needing a striker.

Transfer windows open, fans get excited and it’s always the glamour players that people want to talk about. But Leeds’ problems are not up front, nor have they been at any stage since Jermaine Beckford left.

We have a midfield held together by a 34-year old mad man with all the creativity of a paint-by-numbers masterpiece and a defence taking shifts in the injury room to ensure Ben Parker has some company. The attack is the last thing we should be worrying about.

If we were the Man City of Championship football, then signing Jermaine Beckford would be a no-brainer. Unfortunately, we’re not. We’re Ken Bates led Leeds United and there’s absolutely no way he’ll make an exception to points 2 and 3 for a player we simply don’t need.

As nice at it’d be to see Jermaine Beckford back, it would take such an almighty shift in our transfer policy that I’d give you better odds on a meteor hitting Old Trafford.

© 2012, The Scratching Shed. All rights reserved.

« Siste redigering: Januar 07, 2012, 22:28:08 av hallghel »
Super Leeds since 1968

ollan

« Svar #904 på: Januar 07, 2012, 22:26:10 »

Published on January 7th, 2012

If there’s one sure fire way to give Leeds United fans a desperately needed lift this January then re-signing Jermaine Beckford from Leicester City would be top of any list.

Unfortunately, I just can’t see it happening, and here’s why;

1. Saving Face

When Jermaine Beckford left Elland Road, he did so with dreams of taking the Premier League by storm at Everton. 18 months on, he’s playing for a club that currently sits four places below us in the Championship which must be a difficult thing for him to come to terms with. Accepting he made a mistake before performing a u-turn seems incredibly unlikely to me.

The fact Leicester City are struggling more than we are should mean we’re the better bet for Premier League football next season though, shouldn’t it? Well no, not really. Things haven’t quite fallen into place for The Foxes yet, but they’ll keep throwing money at it and something will stick sooner or later.

Leeds on the other hand are achieving pretty much what we all expected them to, and there’s no real reason to believe our position will improve by much. We’re three, maybe four quality additions shy of a decent shot and it’s hard to see where they’re going to come from given the limited resources available to the manager, which incidentally, brings us on to my next point…

2. Wage Demands

The only reason Leicester City were able to prise Jermaine Beckford away from his cushy little earner in the Premier League was by offering wages well above what Ken Bates likes to dish out.

It’s all well and good having a wage cap at Elland Road, but all that really means is that when we’re attempting to sign big names like Keith Andrews, Ipswich Town will simply offer a few quid more and we’re left with Michael Brown. Our wage cap is a bit like communism – it sounds good in theory.

The theory falls apart however when you try to sign anyone that is above the standard quality of this decision. Average players will accept an average wage. The better ones won’t.

3. The Price Tag

Wages don’t matter though because there’s a huge hurdle we’d have to overcome before that which Ken Bates’ stumpy little legs simply can’t clear.

Leicester City paid £2.5m for Jermaine Beckford, and the rumour is, that they want to recoup as much of that as possible. Our starting and finishing bid of £30 and one Billy Paynter is unlikely to seal it.

In fact, I doubt we’d even offer that. Can anyone seriously see Ken Bates offering money for a player who walked away on a free? He’d never sleep again, such insanity would give him nightmares.

4. Priorities

The single biggest reason why I can’t see this happening is the small matter of not actually needing a striker.

Transfer windows open, fans get excited and it’s always the glamour players that people want to talk about. But Leeds’ problems are not up front, nor have they been at any stage since Jermaine Beckford left.

We have a midfield held together by a 34-year old mad man with all the creativity of a paint-by-numbers masterpiece and a defence taking shifts in the injury room to ensure Ben Parker has some company. The attack is the last thing we should be worrying about.

If we were the Man City of Championship football, then signing Jermaine Beckford would be a no-brainer. Unfortunately, we’re not. We’re Ken Bates led Leeds United and there’s absolutely no way he’ll make an exception to points 2 and 3 for a player we simply don’t need.

As nice at it’d be to see Jermaine Beckford back, it would take such an almighty shift in our transfer policy that I’d give you better odds on a meteor hitting Old Trafford.

© 2012, The Scratching Shed. All rights reserved.

TSS

Founder and editor of The Scratching Shed, born locally and have followed Leeds United all my life from the dizzying heights of Europe, to the dark depths of League One. Prone to the occasional Bates rant, refuse to believe there has ever been a better centre-back than Lucas Radebe and am convinced Adam Clayton is the new Patrick Viera (only better)

Website - Twitter - Facebook - More Posts

14 comments118 people listening

Sign in or Post as Guest

Post comment as
+ Follow conversation
Post to
 Sort: Newest | Oldest

New commentMark as read

Ron_Galea8 pts

Sorry to crash the party, but I'm not a fan of bringing him back, even if it were possible. I have no grudges with Beckford, but I think we can do better. Give me Maynard or Sharp - players who we may be able to use in the top flight if we make it.

9 minutes ago

ReplyLike

New commentMark as read

number1inyorkshire26 pts

Ron_Galea BOO ,nicky maynard would be ok he is on a list, the lad at huddersfield would be a good buy but at 4 mill too much for uncle ken ,RHODES is it

6 minutes ago

ReplyLike

New commentMark as read

Ron_Galea8 pts

number1inyorkshire Allow me a dream. I've had a few beers. I'll wake up and Enoch will be back at ER on a free. Sorry for the fantasy.

less than a minute ago

ReplyLike

New commentMark as read

tedbaker5 pts

Just iin case I did want to have a pop on something I'd have an interest in, what exact SP are you offering for the meteor?

19 minutes ago

ReplyLike

lufc_chat6 pts

Would love Beckford back at Elland Road, and f**k those that hold grudges against him for leaving.

Beckford, Becchio, McCormack and Somma.

And get rid of the crap

38 minutes ago

ReplyLike

lufc_chat6 pts

Oh and he scored a f**king great goal in a scum shithole too

33 minutes ago

ReplyLike

Simon21

It's also unlikely because he can't play for more than the 2 clubs he's already played for this season.

1 hour ago

ReplyLike

New commentMark as read

TSS25 pts

Yeah, although he can move abroad or be loaned to a club in England, which I suspect is what Leicester City would do but only on the basis of a sale at the end of season.

19 minutes ago

ReplyLike

New commentMark as read

number1inyorkshire26 pts

TSS and who ever pays all his wages in the meantime ,he is on we here ?? 40 k a week thats a big wedge in the champs ,will he be up there at the top end of earners for champs .

thats 3 x what our top earners are on at leeds ,has his agent priced him out of playing football

12 minutes ago

ReplyLike

New commentMark as read

songster5 pts

TSS

Only on a 3 month loan tho, not til the end of the season.

6 minutes ago

ReplyLike

ChicagoWhite7 pts

LCFC are in a pickle as they can't sell him (FA/FL/PL rules) apart from abroad so unless there happy to sit him on all that money he's on or offload Nugent & play Becks & Sharp together there only option would be to loan him out with an option to sell in the summer as such they may be willing to cover a significant part of his wages, whether they would loan to a playoff rival is another matter though, though I can't see Becks playing for anyone in the chumps other than Leeds, WHU or Southampton TBH. While LUFC needs CM & defensive strengthening I'd take Becks up front especially with Snods & Townsend supplying the ball its not as if we endowed with an abundance of pace also if the McCormack & Becchio rumors are true I see at least one going before the end of Jan, partnering Becks & Becchio up front is a known & partnership that would work IMO. Also think recruiting Becks may make it easier for LUFC to attract better signings in other positions as I see very little attraction to joining LUFC currently.

1 hour ago

ReplyLike

Dje15 pts

Spent £2.5m on a Premiership striker and four months and eight days later you are trying to offload him. This f*cked up situation is what you get when you employ Sven Goran Eriksson and give him an open cheque book.

-----

It does seem unlikely, but considering Beckford struck professional football later than most players, and that he is 28 (peak age for a striker), he'll be looking for regular football and not the subs bench. Hope for the unhopeful.

1 hour ago

ReplyLike

number1inyorkshire26 pts

even if Leicester let him leave for free to get rid of his wages that would be the stumbling block at leeds ,his wages ,

Bates would just not sign a player who walked for free, for money 2-3 million quid ,maybe to be honest neither would i ,

lazy, temperamental ,un involved down right pig headed (no its not the wife talking about me)

Beckford was all those things but his record of actually scoring for leeds was as good as anyone anywhere (well except billy paynter at swindon) .

would take him back right now ,wish he had never left infact but will he be back sadly no i do not think so .his goals would have got us promoted last season and with mccormack we would be right up there .

just a thought i would sell Becchio to pay for beckford

2 hours ago

ReplyLike

bill hicks5 pts

£30 is just about his market value, he is shight..

2 hours ago

ReplyLike

7 new comments

Sponsors

Recent Posts

2011/12 Half Season Player Ratings – Goalkeepers
The Eerily Quiet Leeds United Rumour Mill
Leeds’ Injury Crisis Continues
A Statement From Mr. Chairman

Proud Dissident Tee

TSS On Facebook

Championship 2011-12

Featured on…

The Scratching Shed

© 2008-12 The Scratching Shed.

The Scratching Shed is an independent Leeds United site written by, and for the fans. We are in no way affiliated with Leeds United Football Club and the views expressed here are those of the individual author unless otherwise stated.
 To contact us, please use the online form

Header and logo design by Confid3ntial

Recent Comments

TSS on The Return Of Jermaine Beckford?
lufc_chat on The Return Of Jermaine Beckford?
lufc_chat on The Return Of Jermaine Beckford?
Simon21 on The Return Of Jermaine Beckford?
ChicagoWhite on The Return Of Jermaine Beckford?

Sponsors

Buy your gumball machine from Gumball Machine Warehouse.

Footballbettings.net latest reviews on Online Bookmakers

???
Ollan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #905 på: Januar 07, 2012, 22:30:24 »
Har slettet de siste kommentarene...

Ellers syntes jeg innlegget hadde reell verdi i disse ryktetider.  :P
Super Leeds since 1968

ollan

« Svar #906 på: Januar 07, 2012, 22:37:05 »

:D

MOT
Ollan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #907 på: Januar 07, 2012, 22:53:29 »

MOT

Ja, definitivt : MOT
Super Leeds since 1968

ollan

« Svar #908 på: Januar 07, 2012, 23:14:21 »
JB would NOT be eligible to play a competitive game until NEXT season if he signed for us . FL rules state that a player may be registered to play for 3 teams, but can only appear for 2, so any storys you may read of him returning will be untrue
Ollan

fjellhaugen

« Svar #909 på: Januar 07, 2012, 23:40:20 »
Er faktisk mulig å bare legge ut en link.... ;)
januar 3. remember the date. we beat the team that we f@*kin hate. we knocked the scum out the FA cup. we`re super leeds and we`re goin up!!!!!

Leedsfan

« Svar #910 på: April 29, 2012, 19:00:38 »
Kanskje ikke så meningsløs allikevel??? :'(

Sitat
@craigweston75 was sat in the players lounge yesterday. After he got a pic with Becks he asked if we'd be seeing more of him

Beckford replied: "you never know, it's not down to me though, it's down to Batesy."

He was the only Leicester player in the players lounge and that he was always talking to Becchio.

Said on the way out that he did like a fingers crossed sign to Becchio. Make of it what you will but he clearly wants to come back.

He also said that all the Leeds players kept going over and hugging him. Clearly very popular among them. No brainer for Warnock?

Said that Becchio didn't bother getting changed when he came up to the players lounge. Just stood around in his kit.
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Leedsfan

« Svar #911 på: Oktober 20, 2012, 18:06:55 »
2 - 0 Mål Huddersfield: Beckford. Beckford avslutter med et fantastisk saksespark i hodehøyde, og sender hjemmelaget opp i en tomålsledelse.
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Jon R

« Svar #912 på: Oktober 20, 2012, 18:26:02 »
Imponerer også spillemessig i Hudds. Virker som om Grayson type fotball har fått det beste fem i Beckford igjen. Hudds virker forøvrig solide i alle ledd og ser ut som om en seriøs opprykkskandidat. 
Jon R.

RoarG

« Svar #913 på: Oktober 20, 2012, 18:34:54 »
Imponerer også spillemessig i Hudds. Virker som om Grayson type fotball har fått det beste fem i Beckford igjen. Hudds virker forøvrig solide i alle ledd og ser ut som om en seriøs opprykkskandidat. 
Imponerende,ja ::). Hvorfor klarte du ikke dette i Leeds, Grayson? For stort press? Måtte selge Beckford? Hadde vi rykket opp dersom JB hadde vært Leeds-spiller også etter opprykket fra L1 var sikret? Er det enkelt?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #914 på: Oktober 22, 2012, 10:49:38 »
Begynner å lure på om Grayson stod på Hudds  lønningsliste allerede mens han var hos oss..... ::)
Yeboahs vitne

RoarG

« Svar #915 på: Oktober 22, 2012, 11:00:15 »
Begynner å lure på om Grayson stod på Hudds  lønningsliste allerede mens han var hos oss..... ::)

B_Ød

« Svar #916 på: Oktober 22, 2012, 11:24:42 »
OT  ;)
Ups & Ups!!

TK20

« Svar #917 på: November 10, 2012, 03:56:20 »
Se denne videoen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Cs1T7XNqo

Beste spissen vår siden Hasselbaink. Ferdig snakka.

LEGEND!!

sportcarl1

« Svar #918 på: November 10, 2012, 08:46:50 »
Se denne videoen

LEGEND!!
bästa spissen på league one nivå vi haft, bästa spissen i min mening enligt mig sedan hasselbaink i leeds måste vara Viduka, då talar vi om en anfallare av absolut högsta internationella snitt

Corleone

« Svar #919 på: November 10, 2012, 11:21:14 »
Jeg har en slags kjærlighetssorg når det kommer til Beckford  :'(
Drømmer om å en gang se han på Elland Road igjen. Tror for øvrig han representerer mye av det vi mangler i dagens Leeds lag.

Sydhagen

« Svar #920 på: November 10, 2012, 11:47:33 »
Rett og slett en skandale at vi lot den mannen dra!  >:(
Hadde vi hatt Beckford, Gradel og Becchio i angrepet så hadde vi rykket rett opp!
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

fjellhaugen

« Svar #921 på: November 10, 2012, 11:56:15 »
Se denne videoen

LEGEND!!

to ting når jeg ser denne videoen;

hvorfor har vi ikke en bakromspiss? for noen fantastiske gåller becks putter

savner angrepstaktikken til larry :'(
januar 3. remember the date. we beat the team that we f@*kin hate. we knocked the scum out the FA cup. we`re super leeds and we`re goin up!!!!!

Jon R

« Svar #922 på: November 10, 2012, 14:14:44 »
OT  ;)
Viser de alle minuttene han daffet rundt og var negativ også? Mest frustrerende Leeds spiller i moderne  tid. Det er ikke uten grunn at vi ble bedre offensivt  etter at han dro. Sjekk også Leicesters målratio ifjor, med og uten Beckford på banen.
Jon R.

sportcarl1

« Svar #923 på: November 10, 2012, 14:54:33 »
OT  ;)
Viser de alle minuttene han daffet rundt og var negativ også? Mest frustrerende Leeds spiller i moderne  tid. Det er ikke uten grunn at vi ble bedre offensivt  etter at han dro. Sjekk også Leicesters målratio ifjor, med og uten Beckford på banen.
fakta är att Beckford har svårt att övertyga över league one nivå, om man jämför med becchio så gör ju Becchio betydligt fler mål om man jämför de 2 sista säsongerna i CCC, becchio denna säsongen gör ett mål jämfört vart 135:e minut jämfört med beckford vart 399:e minut, förra säsongen nätade becchio vart 229:e minut mot beckfords 281:e minut, säsongen innan gjorde becchio mål vaar 158:e minut i CCC osäker om beckford spelade i ccc den säsongen, med tanke på beckfords negativa sidor finns det ingen anledning att ta hit honom när han har börjat tappa sitt målsine

fjellhaugen

« Svar #924 på: November 11, 2012, 11:38:01 »
OT  ;)

jon; husk også å ta med hudds målratio med og uten becks da. sånn at det blir helt rett  ;) ;)

Woody

« Svar #925 på: November 11, 2012, 11:47:07 »
OT  ;)

jon; husk også å ta med hudds målratio med og uten becks da. sånn at det blir helt rett  ;) ;)

Den må skrivast når Becks er reist vidare,å det kan jo skje fort.Berre sånn før at det skal bli heilt rett ;)
LIFE IS LEEDS

Kickthemdown

« Svar #926 på: November 11, 2012, 13:32:05 »
Se denne videoen

LEGEND!!
Yes. Utrolig at han er i Hudderfield når han elsker Leeds og vi elsker han. Latterlige greier. .

Jon R

« Svar #927 på: November 11, 2012, 13:43:21 »
Se denne videoen

LEGEND!!
Yes. Utrolig at han er i Hudderfield når han elsker Leeds og vi elsker han. Latterlige greier. .
Sorry. Klarer ikke å ta folk helt seriøst som hevder at JB er bedre enn spillere som Bridges, Viduka og Kewell.
Selv Becchio har vært en viktigere spiller enn Beckford. Det blir nok som det pleier med Beckford: Går målløs av banen i 3 av 4 kamper og bidrar med max 5 assist i løpet av en sesong.
« Siste redigering: November 11, 2012, 13:48:57 av Jon R »
Jon R.

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #928 på: November 11, 2012, 13:53:14 »
Se denne videoen

LEGEND!!
Sorry. Klarer ikke å ta folk helt seriøst som hevder at JB er bedre enn spillere som Bridges, Viduka og Kewell.
Selv Becchio har vært en viktigere spiller enn Beckford. Det blir nok som det pleier med Beckford: Går målløs av banen i 3 av 4 kamper og bidrar med max 5 assist i løpet av en sesong.

Helt enig, Beckford ville aldri i verden vært en type som kunne tatt tak i laget og vært en leder på vei ut av krisa.(ja nå er det krise. Håper aldri jeg ser han i hvitt igjen.

fjellhaugen

« Svar #929 på: November 11, 2012, 14:27:40 »
Se denne videoen

LEGEND!!

Helt enig, Beckford ville aldri i verden vært en type som kunne tatt tak i laget og vært en leder på vei ut av krisa.(ja nå er det krise. Håper aldri jeg ser han i hvitt igjen.

Ja for han var jo utter crap når larry ga han båndet ::)

In becks we belive