Skrevet av Emne: TOMA 1: Rykter og spekulasjoner om Takeover  (Lest 1373345 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 14 gjester leser dette emnet.

ibster

Sv: Rykter og spekulasjoner om Takeover
« Svar #3780 på: November 13, 2012, 09:58:49 »
Jeg tror det er mr. Bates som trenerer og er hovedgrunnen til at alt drøyer. Alt jeg har lest om ham og hvordan hans bakgrunnshistorie er i tråd med måten han har opptrådt i denne saken. Kombinert med uttalelser i media og måten han behandler stakeholders rundt klubben på gjør at jeg kjenner meg trygg på at det kommer noen drøye uttalelser fra de involverte kjøperne etter at han er ute av bildet for godt.

Og ja, han vil selge - han MÃ… selge. Men han ELSKER virkelig situasjonen som den er nå og skviser alt han kan ut av den mens han kan.

rober

« Svar #3781 på: November 13, 2012, 10:03:13 »
Tror Bates velger å kjøre klubben i grøfta fremfor en takeover.... >:(

For så å tape 52 millioner pund pluss-pluss?  Saklig.

Med "grøfta" mente jeg at vi blir værende i limbo.
Men med Bates vet vi aldri....... fyren gjør akkurat som han vil.

Sydhagen

« Svar #3782 på: November 13, 2012, 10:39:17 »
Bates-Out.com ‏@BatesOut
Heard from a scout @ #LUFC that the takeover with GFH may have fallen through due to KB wanting a £6m payoff. Trying to confirm. #BatesOut
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Leedsfan

« Svar #3783 på: November 13, 2012, 10:43:36 »
Bates-Out.com ‏@BatesOut
Heard from a scout @ #LUFC that the takeover with GFH may have fallen through due to KB wanting a £6m payoff. Trying to confirm. #BatesOut

Hvis dette stemmer så gambler Bates med følelsene til fansen som snart slår han rett i fleisen.

Er det ikke snakk om at Bates skal få 500millioner nok i "cash", ingen avdragsordning. Da virker jo dette ryktet litt ulogisk??
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Sydhagen

« Svar #3784 på: November 13, 2012, 10:48:36 »
Det siste jeg har lest er at det er noen og 30 mill pund. Halvparten etter opprykk til PL.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Erik M

« Svar #3785 på: November 13, 2012, 11:35:45 »

OK.  Jeg er ikke med på at Bates er dum, gal, senil eller drives av hevntvang.  Men han har sin egen stil (rimelig politisk ukorrekt) og driter ganske fundamentalt i hva andre måtte mene.  Jeg tror ikke han gambler bort det salget han har linet opp her nå.

Jeg frykter at kjøperne er opportunister som ikke har mye midler eller langsiktige ambisjoner.  Muligens skal de selge klubben videre etter opprykk til PL.  Det er vel ikke helt umulig at Bates ikke liker en så kort horisont - for egen del og for klubbens del.

Synsing, jeg vet det, men sånn går no dagan.....

Erik M

« Svar #3786 på: November 13, 2012, 11:38:30 »
"Hevntrang" var ordet.  Fikk akkurat bekreftet billetter til Chelsea-kampen og da er det ikke lett å stokke bokstavene...

Leedsfan

« Svar #3787 på: November 13, 2012, 13:54:48 »
Litt OT, men det er tilsynelatende noen andre som har det "tøffere" enn oss...

Sitat
Bolton Wanderers debt figure rises to £136.5m

Bolton Wanderers recorded a loss of £22.1m in the last financial year, taking their total debt to £136.5m.

However, £125m of the debt is owed to owner Eddie Davies, which has been refinanced into a long-term loan.

"It is a huge vote of confidence and underlines the on-going support and commitment he has for our club," said chairman Phil Gartside.

The club's parent company, Burnden Leisure, revealed losses were down from the previous figure of £26.1m in 2011.

The figures take in the 12 months up to 30 June, 2012 and were helped by Bolton being able to recoup about £10m from player sales, including the departure of England defender Gary Cahill to Chelsea in January.

Wanderers were relegated from the Premier League in May, ending their 11-year stay in the top flight.

Gartside told the club website:  "We continue to face a tough economic climate, but we have continued to invest across the business, and for the second year we have reduced our losses.

"Key to this set of figures is the fact Eddie Davies has converted his investment in our club from short-term to long-term debt.

"To lose our place in the Barclays Premier League was hugely disappointing for all of us - fans, staff and players, and our aim is to return at the first opportunity."
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

ibster

« Svar #3788 på: November 13, 2012, 16:05:11 »

OK.  Jeg er ikke med på at Bates er dum, gal, senil eller drives av hevntvang.  Men han har sin egen stil (rimelig politisk ukorrekt) og driter ganske fundamentalt i hva andre måtte mene.  Jeg tror ikke han gambler bort det salget han har linet opp her nå.

Jeg frykter at kjøperne er opportunister som ikke har mye midler eller langsiktige ambisjoner.  Muligens skal de selge klubben videre etter opprykk til PL.  Det er vel ikke helt umulig at Bates ikke liker en så kort horisont - for egen del og for klubbens del.

Fandenivoldskhet og hevntrang fremstår for meg som det eneste han drives av. Bare synsing fra min side og...

Cherry

« Svar #3789 på: November 13, 2012, 17:33:52 »
Litt oppdatering - fristen er faktisk natt til torsdag. Da løper eksklusivitetsperioden ut, jeg trodde det var ut året de hadde.

GFHC jobber så svetten renner for å rekke det - amerikaneren venter i kulissene.

Hobben har nok snakket med en tidligere Riise-agent for jeg hører den karen også forsøker å skaffe penger for Bates. Som han har forsøkt før også, uten å lykkes.

SA

Der kan man se, ikke Due dilligence altså- men eksklusivitetsperioden går ut snarlig.... Bra nyheter :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeirO

« Svar #3790 på: November 13, 2012, 20:57:49 »
Litt OT, men det er tilsynelatende noen andre som har det "tøffere" enn oss...

Sitat
Bolton Wanderers debt figure rises to £136.5m

Bolton Wanderers recorded a loss of £22.1m in the last financial year, taking their total debt to £136.5m.

However, £125m of the debt is owed to owner Eddie Davies, which has been refinanced into a long-term loan.

"It is a huge vote of confidence and underlines the on-going support and commitment he has for our club," said chairman Phil Gartside.

The club's parent company, Burnden Leisure, revealed losses were down from the previous figure of £26.1m in 2011.

The figures take in the 12 months up to 30 June, 2012 and were helped by Bolton being able to recoup about £10m from player sales, including the departure of England defender Gary Cahill to Chelsea in January.

Wanderers were relegated from the Premier League in May, ending their 11-year stay in the top flight.

Gartside told the club website:  "We continue to face a tough economic climate, but we have continued to invest across the business, and for the second year we have reduced our losses.

"Key to this set of figures is the fact Eddie Davies has converted his investment in our club from short-term to long-term debt.

"To lose our place in the Barclays Premier League was hugely disappointing for all of us - fans, staff and players, and our aim is to return at the first opportunity."

Er så glad jeg ikke er Eddie Davies. Jeg hadde slitt alvorlig med en slik gjeld....
MOT

SOL

« Svar #3791 på: November 13, 2012, 22:40:25 »
Ikke lovende dette iflg The Guardian:

Leeds United takeover still on despite buyers' worrying accounts

• Auditors question 'ability to continue as a going concern'
• 'No doubt GFHC can go ahead with the deal,' says spokesman

in

Email
David Conn
The Guardian, Tuesday 13 November 2012 21.00 GMT

The statue of Billy Bremner stands outside Elland Road, home of Leeds United. Photograph: Christopher Thomond for the Guardian

The Middle East private equity firm bidding to buy Leeds United has released accounts which state it does not have the cash to meet its current commitments and which cast doubt over its ability to survive as a going concern.

The Bahrain-based Gulf Finance House (GFH), whose subsidiary Gulf Finance House Capital (GFHC), based in Dubai, is in exclusive takeover negotiations with Leeds' owner, Ken Bates, is selling assets to repay money which it owes, its accounts state.

GFH's auditors, KPMG Fakhro in Bahrain, warn that the GFH group's ability to meet its financial obligations depends on selling assets in time.

"These factors indicate the existence of material uncertainties which may cast significant doubt about the group's ability to continue as a going concern," the accounts state.

The GFH accounts, which include the finances of GFHC and all the firm's subsidiaries for the nine months to 30 September, do show the group making a profit of $7.5m (£4.7m), achieved principally by settling some financial liabilities.

However, KPMG Fakhro stated in its extended warning that: "The [GFH] group had accumulated losses of $293.76m and … its current contractual obligations exceeded its liquid assets.

"As a result the ability of the Group to meet its obligations when due depends on its ability to achieve a timely disposal of assets."

A spokesman for GFHC pointed out that, despite the difficulties described by the accounts, they showed $37m cash in GFH's bank. The group's assets amounted to $833m and, although this does not mean GFH has adequate cash now, some of those assets are being considered for sale. The spokesman said: "There is no doubt that GFHC can go ahead with this deal to buy Leeds United."

GFHC is thought to be contemplating paying £44m for Leeds, who slipped to 18th in the Championship on Saturday following a 6-1 home defeat by Watford. Such a sum is certain to deliver a substantial personal profit to Bates, who owns 72.85% of the club via a company, Outro, registered in the offshore tax haven of Nevis in the West Indies. Bates himself is resident in Monaco as an exile from paying UK capital gains tax.

GFHC has already paid £2m into Leeds and is promising up to £8m further to invest in the January transfer window if the deal goes through. Its period of exclusive negotiation ends this Thursday, 15 November, but a GFHC source said the firm then has a "lock in" period within which it can conclude the deal.

In the accounts the auditors state that GFH has had to renegotiate several tranches of its borrowings and issued shares to raise capital.

"To further address the liquidity issues, the management has put in place an asset sale and liquidity plan to … support its operations and repayment of the Group's obligations," the accounts state.

While KPMG Fakhro included its stern warning that GFH's need to sell assets amounted to "material uncertainties" that it considered may cast doubt on the group's "ability to continue as a going concern", the accounts say the GFH directors were "satisfied" with their plans to deal with the financial challenges.

The GFHC source said the takeover talks are at an advanced stage and the firm has proved to Bates that the money is there to conclude the deal. That was confirmed by Leeds in a statement on 26 October, when Bates said the takeover discussions were "in a good place".

Last week the Leeds United Supporters' Trust issued a statement expressing concern about GFHC's bid and questioning if it had sufficient money available. The trust said there are "other parties" with "the resources necessary", which are interested in buying Leeds.

Sydhagen

« Svar #3792 på: November 14, 2012, 07:26:05 »
Jeg heller mot at vi må drite i GFHC og satse på noen andre kjøpere...Virker alt for usikkert.

Sydhagen

« Svar #3793 på: November 14, 2012, 08:16:06 »
Uansett, det virker som de har en deadline frem til midnatt ikveld med å få avtalen i boks.
Blir en spennende dag.

4ever arcticwhite

« Svar #3794 på: November 14, 2012, 08:36:38 »
Uansett, det virker som de har en deadline frem til midnatt ikveld med å få avtalen i boks.
Blir en spennende dag.

Fra Guardian-artikkelen:
Its period of exclusive negotiation ends this Thursday, 15 November, but a GFHC source said the firm then has a "lock in" period within which it can conclude the deal.

De har altså morgendagen på seg, og så vidt jeg kan forstå en periode i etterkant til å fullføre papirarbeidet, pengeoverføringen osv.
Så det drøyer nok en stund til....
The future's so White I've got to wear shades 8)

Kickthemdown

« Svar #3795 på: November 14, 2012, 09:18:10 »
Blir en spennende dag.
:D

Nei.

pedro

« Svar #3796 på: November 14, 2012, 09:51:38 »
Blir en spennende dag.

Fra Guardian-artikkelen:
Its period of exclusive negotiation ends this Thursday, 15 November, but a GFHC source said the firm then has a "lock in" period within which it can conclude the deal.

De har altså morgendagen på seg, og så vidt jeg kan forstå en periode i etterkant til å fullføre papirarbeidet, pengeoverføringen osv.
Så det drøyer nok en stund til....

Tiden etter en eventuell signering om kjøp heter Closing. Closing er perioden mellom signering og betaling.
Dersom det signeres i morgen den 15 nov. har en som regel 10 dg. forfall på avtalt kjøpesum.
I praksis vil det si at dersom avtalen signeres den 15 nov. skulle alt være i box angående overtakelse av klubben. Så får vi bare krysse fingre og tær for at GHFC har nødvendig kapital til og utvikle klubben i riktig retning, hvilket pr dato ikke er synliggjort ovenfor supporterne :(
Leedsomaniac

rober

« Svar #3797 på: November 14, 2012, 10:00:41 »

"Hevntvang"..... ja, hvorfor ikke. Kanskje Bates lider av en eller annen for tvangslidelse, og det bærer seg på denne måten? "Hevntrang"..... virker mer som Bates....

Uansett, gratulerer så mye med billettkjøpet. Håper du får oppleve enda en cup-opptur på ER. :)

Forhåpentlig blir det slutt på synsingen i løpet av uken, slik at vi kan tenke fremover.

Sydhagen

Erik M

« Svar #3799 på: November 14, 2012, 11:32:15 »

"Hevntvang"..... ja, hvorfor ikke. Kanskje Bates lider av en eller annen for tvangslidelse, og det bærer seg på denne måten? "Hevntrang"..... virker mer som Bates....

Uansett, gratulerer så mye med billettkjøpet. Håper du får oppleve enda en cup-opptur på ER. :)

Forhåpentlig blir det slutt på synsingen i løpet av uken, slik at vi kan tenke fremover.

Det hadde utvilsomt vært herlig om Takeover er fullført før Chelseakampen, Elland Rd er utsolgt og buzzer og rykter om major signings florerer.  Da blir det jul i år også...

Blank_File

« Svar #3800 på: November 14, 2012, 12:49:15 »
Radamel Falcao *sikle*

Cherry

« Svar #3801 på: November 14, 2012, 13:57:41 »
Radamel Falcao *sikle*

Desverre, han passer ikke inn i systemet vi spiller i... ;D

Aase93

« Svar #3802 på: November 14, 2012, 14:27:17 »

testo

« Svar #3803 på: November 14, 2012, 14:43:20 »
Noen som tror at det vil være over på en stund?
Not me!!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-takeover-gfh-s-confident-it-will-close-the-deal-1-5127912

Leeds United takeover: GFH’s confident it will close the deal

Elland Road.
By Phil Hay
Published on Wednesday 14 November 2012 12:00

After six months of work and a seven-figure investment, GFH Capital believes its buy-out of Leeds United is all but immune to external competition.

But if recent rumours are correct, tomorrow (Nov 15) marks the end of the exclusivity clause agreed when the roots of this takeover first began to grow.

The Dubai-based firm has not confirmed when its solitary right to discuss and finalise the purchase of Leeds officially expires but nor has it contested the date of November 15 suggested as a deadline last week. Five months to the day after GFH Capital and United first negotiated the clause, the would-be buyers might now be forced to press on without it.

GFH Capital made a payment of £2million to Leeds when exclusivity was agreed on June 15, little over a month after preliminary talks about a takeover began. Writing his programme notes before United’s game at home to Charlton Athletic on October 23, Leeds chairman Ken Bates said: “Our discussions with GFH commenced in May, the club signed an exclusivity agreement on June 15 and received an upfront payment of £2m.”

The clause allowed GFH Capital to perform due diligence on United’s accounts and lay the groundwork for a takeover which, if successful, will see the private equity firm complete a 100 per cent buy-out of Leeds and repurchase the club’s Elland Road stadium and Thorp Arch training ground.

As a result of exclusivity, it was able to pick through the bones of a complex business without fear of Bates opting to sell the club or his majority stake to a third party.

Rival investors were always likely to hover in the wings and at least two still are, one from the United States and the other based in Saudi Arabia.

But though GFH Capital’s takeover is yet to be ratified, the company feels confident that the process has “gone too far” for the deal to collapse inside or outside the period of exclusivity,

A GFH Capital source told the YEP: “The deal’s moved forward in GFH Capital’s favour and the exclusivity agreement is almost irrelevant now. It’s really gone too far for that to be an issue.

“We’re at the stage where both sides are moving towards a final agreement and working towards signing the last piece of paper.”

The length of time taken by GFH Capital to seal the purchase of Bates’ 72.85 per cent shareholding begged the question of whether other groups interested in investing in Leeds would see an opportunity to disrupt a protracted process.

An answer came over the weekend when American millionaire Preston Haskell emerged as a last-minute rival to the GFH Capital offer, backed by the clout of a personal fortune estimated to be worth at least £150million.

Click here to register and have your say on the Leeds United stories and issues that matter to you

Haskell is thought to be the prospective US investor who came to Elland Road and sat in the directors’ box for the Championship game between Leeds and Hull City on September 18. Having initially been interested in buying a smaller shareholding than GFH Capital, he is now said to be pursuing a full takeover.

Interest from a wealthy Saudi Arabian party is also becoming more serious having lain dormant for a number of months. That group are ready to approach United towards the end of this month if GFH Capital’s bid for ownership fails to proceed before then.

A source in involved with that potential bid said it was a “very credible alternative” backed by “more than enough the money to buy Leeds.”

Both the Saudis’ intentions and those of Haskell will be of no consequence if GFH Capital puts the finishing touches to its own £52million takeover.

The private equity firm has appeared increasingly optimistic of sealing its buy-out since company director Salem Patel and deputy chief executive David Haigh met Bates for talks in Monaco at the end of last month.

GFH Capital was quietly hopeful of finalising the sale this week, though the company was still refusing to declare a more definite timescale last night. Work on its takeover continued today as the suggested date of November 15 for the end of exclusivity rapidly approached.

A legal expert in corporate law who spoke to the YEP on condition of anonymity said: “In simple terms the end of exclusivity means the sellers are free to talk to other interested parties.

“The bigger question is how much of a problem that is for the buyers. A lot depends on the progress that’s been made and the spirit of negotiations. If the seller feels that it’s almost done and worth sticking with then the end of exclusivity needn’t be an issue. It might be that a small extension is granted to cover the remaining work.

“But for as long as exclusivity is in place the seller can’t negotiate with other bidders or provide them with sensitive information. When that period ends, other bidders are free to put forward offers. The end of exclusivity is probably most relevant to them – though strictly speaking the precise date should be confidential.

“Third parties can actively attempt to persuade the seller that they’re a better bet. But saying that and proving it are two completely different things and the risk is that your advanced offer falls through, leaving you with nothing.

“In these situations there’s always an element of the bird in the hand being worth two in the bush. When it comes to it the biggest factor will probably be how advanced this process is – and, to be blunt, how confident the sellers are about a deal materialising.”

The exclusivity clause struck by Leeds and GFH Capital in June ended briefly at the beginning of the August, at a time when the company’s proposed takeover appeared to stand on the verge of collapse.

United announced in a statement on August 9 that the exclusive period had finished, saying: “The club remain happy to continue discussions but not on an exclusive basis so as not to prevent other options passing.”

A request from GFH Capital to extend the agreement is believed to have been rejected by Leeds initially, prior to the two sides reaching a compromise and re-instating the clause.

Bates said very little about the proposed takeover in his programme column on Saturday, writing: “Negotiations are continuing and are now in the hands of lawyers.

“Hopefully sooner rather than later the matter will be resolved one way or the other and then we can move forward.”
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje

viking

« Svar #3804 på: November 14, 2012, 14:46:06 »
Radamel Falcao *sikle*

Hvilket system ? ;D

Gufrias

« Svar #3805 på: November 14, 2012, 15:04:32 »
Radamel Falcao *sikle*

Hvilket system ? ;D
Det velprøvde "blind høne kan finne korn"-systemet
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

testo

« Svar #3806 på: November 14, 2012, 16:55:29 »
Radamel Falcao *sikle*

Hvilket system ? ;D
Det velprøvde "blind høne kan finne korn"-systemet

Hvis ikke denne karen Falcao har tenkt å ta over Leeds, så må det vel kunne gå an å finne riktig emne å dele dette med oss  ;)
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje

baste

« Svar #3807 på: November 14, 2012, 16:55:54 »
Trur vi skal slite med å få en ny tråd som er lest så mye som denne. Nu må det førr pokker skje noe...

Marching on together

Geir fra Grimstad

« Svar #3808 på: November 14, 2012, 17:23:01 »
Litt oppdatering - fristen er faktisk natt til torsdag. Da løper eksklusivitetsperioden ut, jeg trodde det var ut året de hadde.

GFHC jobber så svetten renner for å rekke det - amerikaneren venter i kulissene.

Hobben har nok snakket med en tidligere Riise-agent for jeg hører den karen også forsøker å skaffe penger for Bates. Som han har forsøkt før også, uten å lykkes.

SA

I natt skjer det ifølge SA ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
revie

rober

« Svar #3809 på: November 14, 2012, 17:30:16 »

Det hadde utvilsomt vært herlig om Takeover er fullført før Chelseakampen, Elland Rd er utsolgt og buzzer og rykter om major signings florerer.  Da blir det jul i år også...

....og en god følelse med tanke på en mulig PO i 2013. Det er nå i alle fall lov å håpe.....