Skrevet av Emne: Vår midtbane med lavest gjennomsnittsalder i NpC?  (Lest 1219 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Vår midtbane med lavest gjennomsnittsalder i NpC?
« på: November 21, 2010, 17:22:35 »
Our five man midfield for the last few matches averages 22 years and 8 months.

Gradel 22, Howson 22, Snodgrass 23, Johnson 23, Kilkenny 23.

They're coping well in the Championship (ie 5th place this morning), and realistically will still be a youngish midfield when we get promoted next season.

Having lived to see the breakup of Eddie's great young team of Sellars, Sheridan, Irwin, Linnigan, Phelan, Galvin, Aspen, & Tommy Wright 25 years ago in similar Second Division circumstances, I'm appalled the same is going to happen.

While I agree we've had our ups and downs this season, I'm pretty pissed off seeing Waccoe members continuing to criticise these lads during what is an accelerated learning curve for them all.

I'm also pissed off with the club for the handling of the new contract negotiations and feel that if Larry put his foot down firmly in regard to the performance of these lads as a unit, The Board would have to go along with his wishes. He needs to strike at this now, during a moment of strength while we're doing so well.

Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war, so I urge Waccoe members to get realistic regarding individual performances and support the players over the next few months of protracted contract negotiations instead of the usual 'greedy bastards' bollox.

(WACCOE)

OG her klager i vi øst og vest om at Grayson ALDRI satser på ungdommen?  :o
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Jon R

Sv: Vår midtbane med lavest gjennomsnittsalder i NpC?
« Svar #1 på: November 21, 2010, 18:26:25 »
Har aldri hørt at noen klager over at Grayson ikke bruker unge spillere. Kan du vise til et eksempel?

Når det gjelder hans bruk av akademispillere derimot...Ingen fra akademiet har til dags dato debutert på a-laget under Grayson, samtidig som han brukt nesten like mange lånespillere som hans 3 siste forgjengere til sammen....

Forøvrig et godt og velformulert innlegg du har sakset her.  :)
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Vår midtbane med lavest gjennomsnittsalder i NpC?
« Svar #2 på: November 21, 2010, 19:41:45 »
Forøvrig et godt og velformulert innlegg du har sakset her.  :)

Takk!  :D
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973