Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Kalvin Phillips  (Lest 168053 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Perik

Sv: Spiller: Kalvin Phillips
« Svar #540 på: Juni 14, 2021, 12:57:42 »
Er ikke så altfor bekymret, men er vel en fare for at han fort kan havne på store klubber sine ønskelister om han fortsetter gjennom mesterskapet som igår.
Kanskje ett lite stykke opp til en spiller som Kante, men samtidig er toppnivået til Philips fantastisk! Håper vi får glede av han i mange sesonger til

Stut og Fjærkre

« Svar #541 på: Juni 14, 2021, 13:45:33 »
Kontrakt i tre sesonger til.
Er det en spiller Bielsa kan tenkes å gå på, om vi selger må det være Kalvin.
Jeg er derfor heller ikke bekymret for at han skal forsvinne.
Men blir ikke overrasket om det kommer en lønnsøkning ganske snart.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #542 på: Juni 14, 2021, 16:31:01 »
Bare å sette seg ned og lese.

Mye Phillips i engelsk presse i dag!

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/kalvin-phillips-england-national-media-20808351
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #543 på: Juni 29, 2021, 09:39:14 »
Mens Kalvin vinner stadig nye fans for sitt stødige spill for England under EM er det stille i denne tråden :o

Kjekt med en Berardi som kan sette ting i perspektiv :)

Gaetano Berardi recalls Kalvin Phillips' 'crazy' debut and the Leeds United journey they shared
The Swiss defender was in the Leeds United starting XI when a teenage Kalvin Phillips made his senior debut back in 2015

By Joe MewisLeeds United editor 07:00, 29 JUN 2021

Gaetano Berardi played on the day Kalvin Phillips made his Leeds United debut

Gaetano Berardi insists the Kalvin Phillips that is gearing up to face Germany in the knockout stages of Euro 2020 this evening is 'the same guy' that lined up for his Leeds United debut six years earlier.

The Swiss was one of just two Leeds United team-mates to accompany Kalvin Phillips on his journey from his senior debut in 2015 to Premier League regular last season and insists he deserves all the success that has come his way.

Phillips made his first-team bow as a 19-year-old against Wolves in the Championship in an XI that featured Berardi and current skipper Liam Cooper, but was unable to prevent mid-table Leeds from losing 4-3.

"I remember the game," Berardi told Sky Sports News. "We lost 4-3. It was a crazy game and of course, we could see from the start that he was a really good player but especially the first experience he had with the club, he was really young.

"[Over] the next years he started to learn, to train hard. He was a good guy then and he's the same guy now. He deserves what he has achieved in the last year and what he is doing now."

Marcelo Bielsa's 2018 arrival at Elland Road marked a new phase in Phillips' career as he went from a promising youngster, utilised mostly in an attacking midfield position to the fulcrum of the side that would walk to the Championship title in 2019-20.

Since Leeds reclaimed their Premier League status, Phillips wasted no time in adapting to the challenges of the top flight and became an England regular and will look to earn his 12th Three Lions cap this evening.

None of this is a surprise for Berardi.

"Not really," the former Whites defender added. "I was not sure if he would start the games, but it's nice to see him playing games. He did well as well. I think he deserves to be there, he deserves to be in the England team, to play in the Euros. I think it's going to be a big part of the team now and in the future."

Should England navigate their way past Germany at Wembley tonight, they will face a Saturday night quarter-final in Rome against either Sweden or Ukraine.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/kalvin-phillips-gaetano-berardi-leeds-20922395?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

lojosang

« Svar #544 på: Juni 29, 2021, 19:35:08 »
I dag har han vært luftens baron på midtbanen.

Audmjukst
-LeifO

- Leif Olav

Hallgeir *

« Svar #545 på: Juni 29, 2021, 19:46:40 »
I dag har han vært luftens baron på midtbanen.

Audmjukst
-LeifO

Han har vært til å kjenne igjen fra åpningskampen, ja.

Og nå blir det kvartfinale mot Sverige eller Ukraina.
Super Leeds since 1968

NT

« Svar #546 på: Juni 29, 2021, 19:59:04 »
For en fantastisk sesong for vår mann! Kjenner stoltheten bruse på hans vegne.

auren

« Svar #547 på: Juni 29, 2021, 23:22:29 »
OptaJoe
@OptaJoe
11 - Kalvin Phillips regained possession of the ball 11 times against Germany, the most by an @England player in a EUROs match since Tony Adams did so 13 times, also against Germany, at EURO 1996. Anticipation. #EURO2020

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #549 på: Juli 02, 2021, 16:48:29 »
Kalvin spiller nok fra start i fortsettelsen også. Men et nytt gult kort og han må stå over.. :o
Bare det ikke skjer i semifinalen :(

The Leeds United favourite has been an ever-present of Southgate’s midfield throughout the tournament so far, but picked up a booking in Tuesday’s 2-0 win over Germany, and could be at risk of being suspended for the semi-final if he picks up another yellow card and if England make it that far.

Despite the risk Phillips is facing, however, Sinclair is convinced that his combative traits could make him a key presence for the Three Lions in Rome.

Speaking to talkSPORT, he said: “You look at the Ukraine, you look at the Czech Republic and a lot of them Eastern European sides – they’re very physical, and that’s why I would want Phillips in the side.

"He doesn’t shirk anything. He’s a Leeds lad. He won’t get run over, he won’t get intimidated.

"They’re a tall side, they’re a physical side – you don’t want shrinking violets like that in a big game in Rome without any England fans there.

"You need lads that are going to stick up for themselves, and I think for me, Kalvin Phillips is that man.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/kalvin-phillips-is-that-man-talksport-pundit-outlines-key-role-for-leeds-united-talent-vs-ukraine-3294381
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

geirsilke

« Svar #550 på: Juli 02, 2021, 17:03:49 »
Gule kort i EM blir "nullet ut" etter kvartfinalen for at ingen skal måtte stå over finalen pga disse. Så i verste fall er det en semifinale han må stå over.

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #551 på: Juli 02, 2021, 17:05:25 »
Gule kort i EM blir "nullet ut" etter kvartfinalen for at ingen skal måtte stå over finalen pga disse. Så i verste fall er det en semifinale han må stå over.
Må Kalvin stå over semifinalen, så blir det ingen finale på England.

Reaney

« Svar #552 på: Juli 02, 2021, 17:52:24 »
Det er mye større sjanse at Kalvin P. får det gule kortet enn at "aldri finale laget" England spiller EM finale neste søndag.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #553 på: Juli 03, 2021, 10:21:04 »
Bra fra Sky - presenterer den Kalvin vi alle nå kjenner. :)

Leeds is Kalvin Phillips Land and locals are 'incredibly proud' of their homegrown football star
The England midfielder has played every minute of England's tournament so far and repaid the faith Gareth Southgate has shown in him.

Tom Parmenter News correspondent @TomSkyNews
Saturday 3 July 2021 03:20, UK  Euro 2020

Kalvin Phillips has played every minute of England's tournament so far

Welcome to Leeds - Kalvin Phillips Land.

There was a junior football tournament in Blackpool just over a decade ago when a young player called Kalvin Phillips got angry.

His junior club side from Leeds had been thumped 6-0 by another team that was packed full of Blackburn Rovers academy players.

It wasn't a tournament for academy players, it was for local club sides like Wortley FC from the west of Leeds - Phillips' team.

Phillips was so incensed by the side of ringers that he upped his game and led his teammates through a series of victories to win the tournament.

"He wouldn't stand for it if he thought he'd been wronged," his former coach Ian Thackray told Sky News.

"He won us that trophy in Blackpool - it was brilliant."

He remembers a dedicated young lad who played with a smile on his face and says he still has to pinch himself when he is watching Phillips run England's midfield.

"It isn't rough round here but it is tough," Thackray said, "and that's helped him.

"He's a really good lad and we are incredibly proud."

Fellow coach Paul Hatfield explained: "This is very much his area.

"His schools are just over there, primary one way secondary the other, his mum's house is just down that way - it's all in a tight circle - this is kind of Kalvin Phillips land, I suppose.

"The smile you see now on his face in an England shirt - that smile was there when he was joined us aged seven or eight and right through every age group.

"Whether we'd won, lost, or drawn he always smiled when he came off the pitch - but he had that toughness too."

The Kalvin Phillips mural in central Leeds which was painted by street artist Akse in the winter. He features alongside Leeds United legends  Lucas Radebe and Albert Johanneson
Image:
The Kalvin Phillips mural in Leeds, where he features alongside Lucas Radebe and Albert Johanneson
Phillips, 25, has spoken many times about how grateful he is for those who have shaped his career, not least Marcelo Bielsa, his manager at Leeds United, who many believe has propelled him to the next level in the last few seasons.

The midfielder has played every minute of England's tournament so far and has repaid the faith manager Gareth Southgate has shown in him.

Leeds United legend Lucas Radebe, who was known as The Chief during his spell at Elland Road, told Sky News: "He's one of the best players I've seen in this era, who can play that position in the way that he does for club and country.

"I believe that there are bigger things, he'll keep improving."

Radebe has been watching Phillips' England performances from South Africa and believes he is making a big difference on the pitch and off it.

"He doesn't only represent the football club and his family, but he represents the bigger side of the race issues that we are facing in our football, you know, trying to eradicate that," he said.

"This is a great opportunity, a great platform, to showcase and represent what it means to be a professional footballer from the streets in the community to the helm, playing against the best in the world."

https://news.sky.com/story/leeds-is-kalvin-phillips-land-and-locals-are-incredibly-proud-of-their-homegrown-football-star-12347662
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #554 på: Juli 11, 2021, 19:52:04 »
Kalvin skal spille sin største kamp (hittil) i karrieren, EM-finale.

Men på Leeds Uniteds Englands-liste er det ennå litt som mangler:

EastStandUpper
@EastStandUpper

This will be Kalvin Phillips’ 15th cap for England. Still 12th in #lufc’s all-time England appearance list but now just one behind Willis Edwards and two behind Rio Ferdinand. Think I’m right in saying only Jack Charlton has played as many games in finals while with Leeds.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #555 på: Juli 11, 2021, 21:57:00 »
Synes Kalvin har vært relativt anonym og lite synlig i første omgang av finalen. Blitt overskygget av sin makker Rice som har vært veldig god.

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #556 på: Juli 11, 2021, 21:59:48 »
Synes Kalvin har vært relativt anonym og lite synlig i første omgang av finalen. Blitt overskygget av sin makker Rice som har vært veldig god.

auren

På mange måter riktig, men han leder EM-finalen til pause og var den som pekte at det skulle sentres til Trippier ved scoringen

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Milou

« Svar #557 på: Juli 11, 2021, 22:15:57 »
Kalvin er i konstant bevegelse for å frata Italia pasningsmulegheiter. Han er ikkje veldig synleg, men vi skal ikkje undervere betydningen av jobben han gjer. Viss England held nullen er det Phillips sin forteneste like mykje som Rice og resten av forsvaret. Men mest av alt vil det vere ein taktisk triumf av Southgate.

Sent from my LYA-AL10 using Tapatalk

auren

Spiller: Kalvin Phillips
« Svar #558 på: Juli 12, 2021, 00:25:21 »
Phillips er en god mann. Viser sin respekt:

Miguel Delaney
@MiguelDelaney
Kalvin Phillips and Jordan Henderson stay to watch Italy lift the trophy.

Reagerte også på at Englandspillerne kunne ikke få av seg medaljen fort nok. Skjønner skuffelsen, men likevel. Kalvin tok den også av relativt kjapt men kysset den. Klasse!

auren

peacock

« Svar #559 på: Juli 18, 2021, 17:00:29 »
Må si jeg misliker at Kalvin er på guttetur til Mykonos. Synes faktisk det er merkelig at klubben ikke forbyr slike reiser i den tiden vi lever i. Nå stiger vel også smittetallene der.....

Leedsfan

« Svar #560 på: Juli 19, 2021, 19:07:57 »
Må si jeg misliker at Kalvin er på guttetur til Mykonos. Synes faktisk det er merkelig at klubben ikke forbyr slike reiser i den tiden vi lever i. Nå stiger vel også smittetallene der.....

Jeg håper han storkoser seg på Mykonos, kropp og sjel for ett velfortjent avbrekk.
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Kato

« Svar #561 på: August 16, 2021, 09:34:46 »
5 spillere hadde flere minutter enn Kalvin Phillips i EM (to av dem keepere).

Så i det store bildet er det jo fornuftig at han ble hvilt i helga. Problemet er at vi er så sårbare uten vår klart viktigste spiller.

TK20

« Svar #562 på: August 16, 2021, 14:53:48 »
5 spillere hadde flere minutter enn Kalvin Phillips i EM (to av dem keepere).

Så i det store bildet er det jo fornuftig at han ble hvilt i helga. Problemet er at vi er så sårbare uten vår klart viktigste spiller.

Jeg synes det henger på greip. Kjipt at resultatet ble stygt etterhvert, men hadde ikke 2-1 kommet så raskt (årets assist?) kunne vi ha scoret igjen og fått med oss noe. Bielsa er veldig flink til å tenke langsiktig; selv om det var en høyprofilert kamp er det viktigere med den generelle match fitnessen utover høsten.

gekon17

« Svar #563 på: August 17, 2021, 14:31:15 »

Blank_File

« Svar #564 på: August 20, 2021, 09:03:35 »

Reaney

« Svar #566 på: August 31, 2021, 23:50:49 »
Vakkert

TK20

« Svar #567 på: September 02, 2021, 22:10:47 »
Phillips med noen solide minutter for England nå. Harde taklinger, mye involvert, satte opp 2-0 med en glimrende entouch-pasning gjennom et pressledd.

raggen

« Svar #568 på: September 13, 2021, 12:03:29 »
Phillips linket til City nå ja.. Spørs hvor lenge vi holder på han visst det kommer silly money på bordet. håper AR har lært litt av levy i spurs på forhandlingsfronten ;D
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Carl Fisker

« Svar #569 på: September 28, 2021, 11:15:19 »
Gruff