Skrevet av Emne: Pre-season 15/16  (Lest 33931 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Pre-season 15/16
« Svar #60 på: Juli 14, 2015, 22:10:26 »
En tanke jeg sender ut til dere moderatorer og adminer
Vet ikke hvor oppdatert denne lista er men kanskje noe av dere modsa kunne laget en squad liste som denne for sesongen som var å finne et eller annet sted i starten på forumet.

Søker du på squadnumbers så får du oppdatert liste for hvert år. Ã…rets er ikke offentliggjort ennå.

Men der ligger ikke kontraktsinngåelser eller plass på banen.

☺

Her er en liten hjelp:

@LUFCDATA: GRAPHIC: Leeds' current squad depth for 2015-16. *Cries out for a left winger* #LUFC #Leeds http://t.co/aKlNVXqDSK

Om du gidder, Asbjørn, så hjelper du kanskje til slik at bildet blir synlig her!  ;)

SÃ…NN :)
« Siste redigering: Juli 14, 2015, 22:13:03 av Asbjørn »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #61 på: Juli 15, 2015, 12:40:36 »
De er  godt i gang med det taktiske :)

Sam Byram explains what Leeds squad have picked up on during Rosler's training sessions

Leeds United defender Sam Byram has explained that a main theme has started to emerge in training sessions under Uwe Rosler.

Leeds United defender and wide man Sam Byram told Radio Yorkshire about the main tactical theme that he and the rest of the squad have picked up on, during Uwe Rosler’s pre-season training sessions.

Rosler and the Leeds squad are hard at work ahead of the new season, as they look to reinvent themselves to create a better chance of being predictable for opposition sides at the start of the Championship season.

Rosler is drilling the players in terms of their fitness and a theme seems to be emerging according to one of the club’s key youngsters.

“We’ve been doing a lot of running and we’ve done a lot of work on our shape, pressing out of possession – We’ve definitely picked up on how intensely he wants us to close down as a team,” he told Radio Yorkshire.

Theory in the high press

There is real theory in Rosler encouraging a high press from his team in all games, home and away next year.

Closing down the space quickly and high up the pitch is a common tactic in the Championship, with the main intention being that it allows a side to maintain pressure over their opposition.

Leeds have some very solid and creative young players, who could excel given the chance to really turn the screw on the opposition, controlling the game and controlling possession.

The high press also allows the backline to maintain a higher position, which is a risk given the space which will be left in behind.

However, it will allow Leeds to play the ball out from the back and if they are disciplined, they can play the offside trap effectively.

It’s encouraging that Rosler is trying to develop a tactical theme and hopefully it will pay off.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/15/sam-byram-explains-what-leeds-squad-have-picked-up-on-during-ros/
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #62 på: Juli 19, 2015, 17:22:41 »
Hays dagbok fra preseason touren:

Leeds United in Austria: Rosler welcomes extreme weather

New Leeds Head Coach Uwe Rosler, pictured at the Press Conference, at Elland Road, Leeds. (Picture: Simon Hulme)
12:00 Sunday 19 July 2015

Phil Hay is with Leeds United in Austria. Here is his first diary piece.

Pre-season touring parties are often an indication of who’s in favour at a football club and who might be moving on.

Adam Drury’s omission from Leeds United’s trip to Austria was confirmation that the 21-year-old won’t be joining the club - and Nicky Ajose’s absence will be taken as a sign that his time at Elland Road is also up.

Uwe Rosler spoke highly of Ajose in the early days of pre-season but at least one League One club have been told that the 23-year-old is available, along with Steve Morison and Billy Sharp.

Morison and Sharp are both in Austria but Rosler has been open in saying that he has too many strikers in his squad. Sheffield United retain a firm interest in Sharp and Millwall are being touted as a possible destination for Morison, despite his high wage.

One player who did travel unexpectedly yesterday was Luke Murphy. The midfielder is recovering from knee surgery but will continue his rehabilitation in the Alpine air while Leeds prepare for friendlies against Eintracht Frankfurt and Hoffenheim.

United’s 25-man squad for their tour of Austria and Norway is: Adeyemi, Antenucci, Bamba, Bellusci, Berardi, Bianchi, Byram, Cook, Cooper, Coyle, Doukara, Erwin, Horton, Morison, Mowatt, Murphy, Phillips, Sharp, Silvestri, Sloth, Taylor, Turnbull, Walters, Wood, Wootton.

Austria seems to be a popular destination for pre-season. Fulham and Hull City are both in these parts and Frankfurt will follow up Tuesday’s game against Leeds with a friendly against Fulham on Saturday.

Frankfurt’s training camp is in Windischgarsten, some way east of United’s base in the village of Kossen. The German club have happy memories of that location: three years ago, following their promotion to the Bundesliga, they used Windischgarsten to prepare for another successful season in which they qualified for the Europa League.

None of these teams, however, have gone to the same lengths as Manchester City did ahead of their visit to Seefeld in western Austria in 2012. That tour was reported to have cost City around £250,000, including specially designed mattresses bought at £1000 a go.

Their prep was so meticulous (or so it was said) that they even asked the local church to stop ringing their bell for the duration of their stay. The church apparently refused.

Part of Uwe Rosler’s motivation for using Austria as a training base was the fact that the weather was unlikely to be ludicrously extreme.

The temperature in Salzburg is not what you’d find in Dubai or the Far East but it’s stifling all the same and Leeds will play Frankfurt in 33 degree heat.

Massimo Cellino attended United’s training camp in Santa Cristina last year but the club’s owner is missing their tour of Austria and Norway.

Cellino is currently back in Sardinia on business and is not planning to travel to Tuesday’s game against Frankfurt. “I wanted to be there but I have work to do in Italy,” he said.

Roaming charges are a menace on foreign trips so last week United’s new media manager, Ryan Parrish, dug out a company phone in preparation for the trip abroad.

The mobile in question once belonged to Paul Dews, the club’s old press man who left it behind when he joined Middlesbrough as their head of communications last year. The number remains at large and for the past few days Parrish has been fielding call after call - about Boro’s new signing, Stewart Downing.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #63 på: Juli 19, 2015, 17:44:55 »
Rudi Gerhard Rakner ‏@BergenWhites  · Jul 18   Kössen, Österreich   
Disappointed, Italians still smoking, don't believe it @lufc

Det går ikke an  :'( :'( :'(
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

sportcarl1

« Svar #64 på: Juli 19, 2015, 20:25:47 »
Rudi Gerhard Rakner ‏@BergenWhites  · Jul 18   Kössen, Österreich   
Disappointed, Italians still smoking, don't believe it @lufc

Det går ikke an  :'( :'( :'(

jäkla skvallerkärringar, :P, skriver man  på detta visar pekar an ju indirekt ut alla itlienarna, skall vi läsa imorgon att engelsmännen gått på puben och druckit...f. f.n

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #65 på: Juli 19, 2015, 21:26:59 »

Leeds United: Rosler is looking for United to step it up

Sportkantine Eugendorf where Leeds United will play their match against Eintracht Frankfurt on Tuesday evening.

updated 19:21 Sunday 19 July 2015    published 00:00 Monday 20 July 2015 

The first two weeks of Uwe Rosler’s pre-season plan dwelt solely on fitness.

The German was happy to admit that Leeds United’s players would not enjoy the slog.

In Austria and Norway, Rosler’s interest is entirely in football; in tactics, formations and the technical aspects of how he wants Leeds to play next season.

It is no coincidence that as his own focus changes, the standard of the club’s opposition does too.

United were at risk of being left without a meaningful friendly tomorrow after a game against Athletic Bilbao fell foul of Bilbao’s involvement in the Europa League but a meeting with Eintracht Frankfurt in Salzburg will give Rosler what he wants – an examination by a side who should in theory be better than his.

Frankfurt’s league season starts a week after the first weekend of the Championship term but like Leeds, their time in Austria is the second phase of their summer training programme.

The Bundesliga club – ninth in their division last season –lost 2-1 to Heidenheim on Saturday and will play Fulham after their game with United.

German football clubs, as Rosler knows, are sticklers for fitness and United are playing two of them this week.

On Friday, the squad fly to Norway to play Hoffenheim in Lillestrom, another side who finished the 2014-15 season inside the Bundesliga’s top 10.

Rosler’s intention was that Leeds’ tour of Austria and Norway would be used as advanced preparation for the start of the season, rather than a means of running his players ragged.

“There’s two options,” he said. “You can go away for a conditioning camp early on or you can go for a playing camp just before the season starts.

“I wanted to go and meet two very strong opponents, to expose ourselves against teams where we have to run a lot, chase a lot. German teams are normally very fit. It’s a great challenge to measure against top opponents.”

The quality of the opposition – including Everton who will visit to Elland Road on August 1 – mattered more to Rosler than the number of games he could squeeze into the summer.

Leeds will play only five senior friendlies before the season begins and United’s head coach instigated a rapid rise intensity at York City on Wednesday, pushing seven players through 90 minutes of a 1-1 draw on only their second appearance. Others did the same during a second-string match at Tadcaster Albion that same night.

A total of 25 players flew with Rosler to Munich on Saturday, a squad which showed two notable omissions. Adam Drury, the 21-year-old who Leeds took on trial from Manchester City recently, failed to make the tour and forward Nicky Ajose also remained in England. Chris Wood was fit to travel, despite the tight hamstring which kept him out of the draw at York, and he is likely to start against Frankfurt tomorrow.

United’s secluded training camp is based in the west of Austria, on the border with Germany and a short distance from the village of Kossen. All of United’s six new signings are present and midfielder Tom Adeyemi will make his first Leeds appearance this week. The 23-year-old missed Wednesday’s game against York as Rosler looked to build up his fitness after recruiting him on loan from Cardiff City.

Leeds’ work in the transfer market is almost complete and a left winger is the missing piece that Rosler and owner Massimo Cellino hope to find before the season starts on August 8.

“By this stage we were hoping to have most of our recruitment done,” Rosler said. “That gives you a chance (on tour) for coaches and players to get to know each other. You have time to talk and to get things across but also to have some off-field activities. We will have one or two.”

The venue for tomorrow’s game, Sportzentrum Eugendorf, holds around 1,000 supporters and Leeds expect two or three hundred of their fans to attend. A much bigger crowd will be seen at the friendly against Hoffenheim in Lillestrom, helped by United’s large Scandinavian following.

“Lillestrom is in my heart,” Rosler said. “It’s the club where I finished my career as a player and started my career as a coach. It’s a fantastic opportunity, along with the fact that Leeds have a big following in Norway.

“It’s so much fun when you go on a training camp and you have such a strong following.

“Every game means something for us because we want to give something back.

“The supporters spend a lot of money, they give their holiday away to follow the team and it’s our duty to give what we can.”
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-rosler-is-looking-for-united-to-step-it-up-1-7366636
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #66 på: Juli 19, 2015, 21:28:35 »
jäkla skvallerkärringar, :P, skriver man  på detta visar pekar an ju indirekt ut alla itlienarna, skall vi läsa imorgon att engelsmännen gått på puben och druckit...f. f.n
;D
...eller kanskje man har observert noen av våre italienere under pre-season?  ::)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Gufrias

« Svar #67 på: Juli 19, 2015, 22:39:38 »
;D
...eller kanskje man har observert noen av våre italienere under pre-season?  ::)
Men Carl har et poeng. Vi vet ikke hvem av italiernerne Rudi har observert mens de tjærebredde lungene, og mistenken faller dermed på alle.

Og Rudi har et poeng. Røykende fotballproffer skader sin egen (og følgelig lagets) kapasitet, og klubbens renomme.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Promotion 2010

« Svar #68 på: Juli 19, 2015, 23:35:04 »
;D
Men Carl har et poeng. Vi vet ikke hvem av italiernerne Rudi har observert mens de tjærebredde lungene, og mistenken faller dermed på alle.

Og Rudi har et poeng. Røykende fotballproffer skader sin egen (og følgelig lagets) kapasitet, og klubbens renomme.

Enig! 

Jack Charlton trakk sine lunger fulle. Han er nå over 80. Billy Bremner var vel ikke dårlig han heller, i tillegg til flere av våre helter!

MEN i lyset av kravet til kondisjon i dagens fotball er jeg skuffet! Når man i tillegg vet hvilke forbilder disse spillerne er for ungdommen så er det skuffende, men likevel kanskje ventet! Vi ledes jo av en kjederøykende lett gestikulerende italiener!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #69 på: Juli 20, 2015, 14:37:25 »
Disappointed :(

Benny LUFC Tayls ‏@bennytaylor1984  Â· 26m26 minutes ago  
@PhilHayYEP Rosler is experimenting in these 2 games giving players game time think everyone has a vgood idea on the starting XI for Aug 8

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP  Â· 36m36 minutes ago  
Wootton will play at right-back tomorrow, Berardi at left-back and Sloth on left wing. Rosler says he wants to experiment.

Benny LUFC Tayls ‏@bennytaylor1984  Â· 26m26 minutes ago  
@PhilHayYEP providing we have no injuries or new players wouldn't read a great deal into this week's line ups think Everton is the one to
Benny LUFC Tayls ‏@bennytaylor1984  · 27m27 minutes ago 
@PhilHayYEP really take notice on the starting XI

« Siste redigering: Juli 20, 2015, 14:39:27 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #70 på: Juli 20, 2015, 21:39:26 »
Litt underholdning på kveldstid blir det også...

Charlie Horton revealed to LUTV earlier today about how the new signings were initiated in front of the rest of the squad upon arrival in Austria, and Adeyemi was no different on Saturday evening. “I did the same – I did a nice rendition of R Kelly ‘The World’s Greatest’,” he said. “I think it went down pretty well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WgcovIu3k9o

“I was probably the star man until Chris Wood did the Haka and that blew everyone away. “Over the course of a long, hard season it’s important to get that togetherness as a group and a good team spirit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y

;D ;D ;D
« Siste redigering: Juli 20, 2015, 21:42:15 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #71 på: Juli 20, 2015, 22:02:42 »
Kanskje Rudi kan legge inn noe her om preseason?

Er det tilsvarende innsats eller opplegg som i fjor?

???
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #72 på: Juli 20, 2015, 23:28:17 »

???

Bare å slå på tv'en i morra  :D

Chris Dawkes ‏@chrisdawkesITV  · 12m12 minutes ago   Salzburg, Österreich   
@BergenWhites great to meet you at the training camp today Rudi. Your interview will be on ITV Yorkshire tomorrow at 6pm. Will send link

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #73 på: Juli 21, 2015, 00:06:34 »

???

Bare å slå på tv'en i morra  :D

Chris Dawkes ‏@chrisdawkesITV  · 12m12 minutes ago   Salzburg, Österreich   
@BergenWhites great to meet you at the training camp today Rudi. Your interview will be on ITV Yorkshire tomorrow at 6pm. Will send link

:D

Link link link!   ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #74 på: Juli 21, 2015, 00:09:11 »

Link link link!   ;)
Litt mer seriøst så har Rakners stort sett vært på reisefot til Salzburg (morgendagens kampby) i dag, de fikk med seg dagens første trening though
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #75 på: Juli 21, 2015, 00:25:43 »
Er det to pre season-kamper i morgen også?
Chris Dawson ‏@Chris_dawson7  · 38m38 minutes ago 
Looking forward to the first pre season game tomorrow night, get down to Pickering if your not busy
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #76 på: Juli 21, 2015, 10:24:14 »
Er det to pre season-kamper i morgen også?
Chris Dawson ‏@Chris_dawson7  · 38m38 minutes ago 
Looking forward to the first pre season game tomorrow night, get down to Pickering if your not busy

Leeds United FC ‏@LUFC  · 4m4 minutes ago 
PRE-SEASON | Good luck to #lufc Under-21s who are also in friendly action tonight at @PickeringTownFC (7pm) - £5 adults, £3 conc, U16s free.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #77 på: Juli 21, 2015, 10:42:03 »
...da gjenstår det å se om dette er 'genuine' eller den type ros som ble Ajose til del før han ble utelatt fra troppen

LUFC Young Trio Impressing Rosler

Leeds United head coach Uwe Rosler says he has been impressed with youngsters Lewie Coyle, Kalvin Phillips and Lewis Walters during pre-season.

The young trio have come through the clubs academy system and they were all on the fringes of the first team last season.

Phillips made the breakthrough to the first team towards the end of the season starting the games against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Cardiff City and he scored his first goal for the club against Cardiff.

Walters looked certain to make his debut last season after impressing in pre-season until a serious ankle injury sustained in the friendly at Mansfield Town ruled him out for most of the season.

Coyle impressed for the development squad last season at full-back and he is sure to add competition for places this season and Rosler says all three are putting established players under pressure.

'Coyley, Kalvin and Lewis Walters are three young players in a first-team environment with an opportunity to impress and to learn," Rosler told the  Leeds official website. 

'They can show high energy to put established players under pressure and that is what they`re doing.

'They`re impressive. I like what I see - I hope they continue.'

The trio have all travelled to Austria with the Leeds squad for their week-long training camp that will also see them face tough opposition from Germany.

Leeds face Bundesliga sides Eintracht Frankfurt and Hoffenheim as they continue their build up to the new season.

Eintracht Frankfurt are first up this evening before the squad travel to Norway to face Hoffenheim on Saturday and the young trio will all hope to feature

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=406202#ixzz3gVtgdSdL
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #78 på: Juli 21, 2015, 10:49:48 »

Chris Dawkes Blog: Meeting up with Leeds squad in Austria

The alarm sounds at 7.30am and I'm soon in the hire car ready to tackle the Austrian roads full on.

I'm heading to Kossen - a town 75km South East of Salzburg and the training base of Leeds United on their pre season tour.

On the drive I notice the quintessential Austrian houses - concrete bottom, wooden top, a row of well manicured flowers adorning the balcony. There's also the mountains - huge, empowering and it never seems like you're getting any closer to them.

I arrive in Kossen with time to spare and set up to film the players descend the hill to the immaculate pitches.

First out is Billy Sharp, followed by the rest. It's another warm day - 35 degrees at least. But the players seem oblivious. As the back of my shirt turns a darker shade of blue the players toil away like its an autumn morning at Thorp Arch.

One surprise is the appearance of Luke Murphy running around the track with head coach Uwe Rosler. The midfielder showing little sign of the injury which threatened to rule him out for the first few weeks of the season. Although it's merely a light session the team appear F***er and more bonded than on previous visits to watch them train. The Italians mixing with the English, young mixing with older.

I notice two banners on the side of the training pitch - one reads "Munich Whites", the other "Bergen Whites". I know Leeds fans are a rare breed, but travelling hundreds, thousands of miles to watch them train is uniqueness gone mad.

Talking to the fans later they speak with passion about their club with a look that says "why wouldn't I travel all this way to watch them train?"

Training complete new signing Tom Adeyemi wanders over for interviews with the press. Articulate and humble aren't adjectives you'd normally associate with modern day footballers. Adeyemi exudes both. He genuinely talks likes it's a privilege to play football for a living. Refreshing. Unlike the weather.

ADEYEMI_NEW_FOR_WEB_HD_HQ_chridawk
Play video

It's then my turn to speak to Rosler. He describes his job as head coach as the biggest challenge of his career. He talks of uniting the club, the teams, the supporters and the media. He says all the right things. It's still early in his reign. Time will tell if he can complete his objectives.

ROSLER_ON_MURPHY_FOR_WEB_HD_HQ_chridawk
Play video

It's soon back in the car and a meeting with a large group of Leeds fans near Mozartplatz. I can hear them before Mozarts statue comes into view.

A few beers down already they've turned the square into a mini Scratching Shed. Marching on Together bounces off the baroque architecture and the Ballad of Billy Bremner has puzzled Europeans scratching their head.

A full day's filming complete I'm off back to the hotel and the search for some local cuisine begins again.

To keep up to date with the latest from Leeds United's tour of Austria head back to our website or follow Chris Dawkes on Twitter.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2015-07-20/chris-dawkes-meets-up-with-leeds-squad-in-austria/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #79 på: Juli 21, 2015, 11:55:49 »
Steve Morison should start up front against Frankfurt in the absence of Wood and Rosler showed his hand last night by revealing that he will play Scott Wootton at right-back, Gaetano Berardi at left-back and Casper Sloth on the left wing.

Leeds have only two first-team friendlies remaining after tonight, the last at home to Everton on August 1, and asked if he wanted to see his tactics falling into place against Frankfurt, Rosler said: “I was very happy with two thirds of the game at York. I saw the principles coming through, with the ball and without the ball.

“Tonight I will play the same system, the same formation but I want to see one or two players in different positions. Scott Wootton will play at right-back. Casper will play and Berardi will play left back.

“It’s just giving players a chance to impress. I can’t choose the team after two games. We have to make sure we have 18, 19 or 20 players up to speed and match form. In the first weeks of the season we have Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday and we need the squad to have enough in the bank.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/leeds-united-wood-will-be-ready-for-big-kick-off-rosler-1-7369396
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #80 på: Juli 21, 2015, 15:43:38 »

Leeds United in Austria: Phil Hay’s Tour Diary – Day 4

Leeds United's players walk down to training at the club training camp in Kossen, Austria. (Picture : Jonathan Gawthorpe)

published 13:31 Tuesday 21 July 2015 

Pre-season is one of the few occasions when journalists and supporters get the chance to watch training sessions in their entirety.

Yesterday’s session in Kossen was an insight into Uwe Rosler’s approach and confirmation that 4-3-3 - the system which served him well at Brentford - will be Leeds United’s formation of choice for next season.

The bulk of training was spent working on those tactics. Rosler lined up two teams in either half of the field and asked them to attack the empty goals with one-touch passing and quick interplay allowing advancing full-backs to overlap and cross into the six-yard box.

Sam Byram and Casper Sloth were used as wingers in one team and Souleymane Doukara and Lee Erwin filled the same positions in the other. It is, needless to say, an area where Rosler wants greater choice, particularly on the left, but his existing options are being schooled in his methods regardless.

United’s search for a left winger is on-going, without any obvious progress. The club have asked about Catania’s Raphael Martinho and Bastia’s Floyd Ayite but neither situation has moved forward since their squad left England for Austria on Saturday.

Luke Murphy’s recovery from knee surgery has gone as well as Leeds would have wanted. Two weeks on from his operation, the midfielder is back running and was lapping the pitch with Rosler and physio Harvey Sharman while the rest of United’s squad completed their warm-up yesterday.

The new season is little over a fortnight away so Murphy still stands to miss the opening game but United’s projection of a return before the end of next month looks about right.

Rosler promised his players that they would get some downtime during a hard week of training in the heat - heat which has taken United’s head coach by surprise.

Tomorrow afternoon’s escape for his coaching staff and squad is white water rafting; the perfect answer to burning sunshine.

As a club, Leeds have sold 400 tickets for tonight’s game against Eintracht Frankfurt. The German press expect Frankfurt to bring a few hundred fans too and others can pay on the gate so the attendance at Eugendorf should be very respectable.

The local authorities seem relaxed about the whole event - a far cry from Slovenia two years ago when riot police were called into deal with Ferencvaros supporters who spent parts of a friendly (sic) against Leeds throwing seats onto the pitch.

United will hold an opening training session at their base in Kossen at 11am tomorrow. The village is tucked away in the Alps and is accessible by car, bus or train. A word of warning though - journeys by bus or train will take the best part of three hours from Salzburg, despite Kossen being only 50 miles away.

A few of the seats in the stand next to United’s training pitch are bizarrely marked with the words ‘Hooligans VIP’. The mind boggles, although in a very remote part of Austria it all seems a bit lost in translation. The only thing that causes trouble out here is the odd bear.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-in-austria-phil-hay-s-tour-diary-day-4-1-7369460
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #82 på: Juli 22, 2015, 18:32:08 »
@billysharp10: Great day water rafting in Austria with the lads 
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #83 på: Juli 22, 2015, 20:58:23 »
@lewiscook_: Rafting with the team  https://t.co/gj3qhfcgAo
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #84 på: Juli 22, 2015, 21:23:44 »
@charlietaylor09: Good day team rafting! https://t.co/M64gjxzoB8

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #85 på: Juli 23, 2015, 20:13:06 »
Wooton er fornøyd med Røsler og opplegget så langt:

A TIGHT BOND - WOOTTON HAILS TEAM SPIRIT
Defender full of praise for the togetherness in the United squad...

PUBLISHED 23 JULY 2015 AT 04:00

210 272PRE-SEASON
Defender Scott Wootton has hailed the team spirit within the United camp, saying the "tight bond" which was evident in the second half of 2014/15 has continued into pre-season this summer.

Wootton, who is now approaching his third campaign with the club, was speaking at the team hotel in Austria as the week-long pre-season tour enters its closing days.

“It’s been good,” he said. “There’s a good team spirit amongst the lads and everyone gets on well with each other.

“The surroundings here have been beautiful and it’s perfect that the training pitch is a minute’s walk away.

“The training has been good. It’s been a really good week so far.

“We haven’t had as many changes this pre-season as we did last year, but the new lads have integrated into the squad really well.

“We had a tight bond towards the end of last season and that’s just continued into pre-season.”

Wootton was also full of praise for head coach Uwe Rosler, who he says has made a big impression on the squad since taking charge earlier this summer.

“The training has been excellent – everything is planned out,” he said. “It’s relevant to how the manager wants us to play, which is important as well.

“There are no gray areas – everything is black or white. The more time the squad works with him, we’ll know exactly what he wants.

“He seems pleased with the games, he’s seen progression in each game and I think he’s pleased that we’re trying to put his ideas into each game.”

The defender completed the full 90 minutes of Tuesday evening’s 2-1 friendly defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt in Eugendorf, and he believes that there were positives to be taken despite the result.

“It was a tough game, firstly because of how good the opposition were and how good at keeping the ball they were,” he said.

“Then there was the heat – I think it was 30+ degrees – it was very hot and something we weren’t used to as players in England.

“But I thought it was a great work-out and a good test for the lads. You’ve got to look at the positives and take them forward into the season.”

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1ajvtlpg5kebu1dvdpjxr2le46/title/a-tight-bond---wootton-hails-team-spirit#sthash.hS9Oxneh.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #86 på: Juli 24, 2015, 19:57:27 »
Èn ting skal Thom ha:  :D
Thom Kirwin ‏@Thomkirwin  Â· 9m9 minutes ago  
Arrived in Norway. Love this country #lufcontourPT2

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #87 på: Juli 28, 2015, 18:04:44 »
Det nærmer seg kamper, dere :   ;D

I tillegg har U21 planlagt disse kampene:
Wed July 15 Tadcaster (a) 7pm,
Sat July 25 (a) Frickley 3pm,
Tues July 28 (a) North Ferriby 7pm,
Sat Aug 1 (a) Barrow 3pm.
 - jeg vil tro at de som får litt begrenset spilletid i 'førstelagets kamper' vil få spilletid her.

Kamp igjen i kveld :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #88 på: Juli 28, 2015, 18:10:41 »
Det nærmer seg kamper, dere :   ;D

I tillegg har U21 planlagt disse kampene:
Wed July 15 Tadcaster (a) 7pm,
Sat July 25 (a) Frickley 3pm,
Tues July 28 (a) North Ferriby 7pm,
Sat Aug 1 (a) Barrow 3pm.
 - jeg vil tro at de som får litt begrenset spilletid i 'førstelagets kamper' vil få spilletid her.

Kamp igjen i kveld :
[/
Har trua i kveld, go for it lads ;)

auren

« Svar #89 på: Juli 28, 2015, 20:25:32 »
1-0 til Leeds etter 24 min. Eoghan Stokes målscorer.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.