Skrevet av Emne: EX-SPILLER: Ronaldo Vieira  (Lest 47343 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: EX-SPILLER: Ronaldo Vieira
« Svar #240 på: August 02, 2018, 18:14:15 »
Leeds were right to sell Ronaldo Vieira to Sampdoria

By Amitai Winehouse For Mailonline 14:54 02 Aug 2018, updated 15:24 02 Aug 2018
Ronaldo Vieira had already trained with his new side, travelled back with them to the UK for pre-season friendlies and been named on an (incorrect) team-sheet before Leeds confirmed his departure.

Finally they announced the exit of an England youth international, one who won the Toulon Tournament in both of the last two summers, and someone who had been a literal poster boy on the club’s East Stand just a year ago.

The deal will see Leeds pick up around £7.7million from Sampdoria, his new club.

Ronaldo Vieira has left Leeds United and joined Italian side Sampdoria on a five-year contract
Leeds have been here before. For Vieira – brilliant name aside – see Lewis Cook, Charlie Taylor, Sam Byram and James Milner. Young players come and go in West Yorkshire. Plus ca change.

But this departure has not brought about the usual consternation. There is a sense that the move can work out for both player and club.

Vieira was not desperate to leave Leeds this summer, despite interest in him – aside from Sampdoria. The move to Serie A will ultimately nearly double his salary but he was happy to stay at Elland Road, where the 20-year-old has played 63 league games in the last two seasons.

The writing was on the wall for the midfielder, though.

The promising midfielder has been used in defence throughout Leeds's pre-season friendlies
New manager Marcelo Bielsa (right) may not have seen the best of Vieira in his summer studies
Marcelo Bielsa identified a series of players who he was keen to get rid of after conducting a thorough analysis of last season, watching every single game Leeds took part in in every competition – including the post-season tour of Myanmar.

Vieira was not one of the 15 Bielsa mentioned in his first press conference. He would have been in and around the first-team. But Bielsa’s system did not suit him, and he spent pre-season as an auxiliary central defender.

Not only that – Leeds had a clear dividing line in the squads used for their six friendlies. One was essentially the first-team, while the other involved new faces, the Under 23s, and players who were outside of Bielsa’s preferred 11.

Vieira was mainly part of the latter squad.

The 20-year-old is an England youth international and has won the Toulon Tournament twice
Bielsa could have a falsified image of Vieira. His first season under Garry Monk was spectacular. People were surprised at how quickly a player picked up from the York-based i2i Football Academy – via Benfica’s academy – adapted to senior football in England.

This was a kid who had spent the best part of four years out of the academy system, playing for the likes of Whitley Bay Boys Club and Batley Phoenix at junior level. His brother, Romario, was initially considered the better prospect.

But Vieira's second season was significantly worse. He was initially left out of the team by then-manager Thomas Christiansen. Then an ongoing battle with knee tendonitis left him short of fitness and form at points.

Either way, ‘El Loco’ Bielsa clearly does not feel Vieira suits a team that are growing into dark horses for promotion.

His system requires the deepest central midfielder – where Vieira likes to play – to be comfortable slotting into defence.

Kalvin Phillips, an academy graduate, seems to have been earmarked for that role. Mateusz Klich and Adam Forshaw also seem to be ahead of him in the pecking order for the other midfield role.

His transition from youth football to the senior side was quick and impressive, but didn't last
So when the bid from Sampdoria came in, Leeds had a decision to make. Vieira could have started the season at Leeds but they decided it was a bid of value and let Vieira go. Eventually, he signed on the dotted line too.

Leeds are likely to use the money to bring in another central midfielder more suited to defence. They may also spring for a true central defender, the one problem position that keeps them from being touted among the real favourites in the second-tier.

Vieira now joins a slight exodus of young talent from these shores. Sure, Serie A is a step up from the Championship, but it is the same tale as the likes of Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho and Barcelona’s Marcus McGuane. Opportunities may be easier to find at Sampdoria.

They sold their key midfielder in the role Vieira likes to play to Arsenal. He will not expect to immediately replace Lucas Torreira, but there is a clear gap for him to fill.

Gareth Southgate would also be wise to keep an eye on his development. Vieira is currently an England player. He can still represent Guinea Bissau, the country of his birth, or Portugal, where he was raised, if he does not step up to senior level.

But ultimately, this is the story of Leeds losing another young player. Unlike the others, though, this will probably not cause recriminations.

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #241 på: August 02, 2018, 23:58:48 »
Ronaldo Vieira
See you soon

#onceleedsalwaysleeds

Sterkt svar til klubbens noe kjølige avskjed!

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #242 på: August 03, 2018, 12:36:44 »
Måtte bare ha med denne!

Sampdoria English
BREAKING: #Sampdoria sign #Ronaldo!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #243 på: November 02, 2018, 23:41:58 »
FOTF

Interesting that Ronaldo Vieira has only played 28 mins for @sampdoria_en after they spent 6.2 million on him. However regularly plays for England youth teams.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #244 på: November 03, 2018, 10:35:51 »
Med The Phillips og Klich (R)evolution, og Forshaw i dytten, er det vel riktig å si at RV ikke er savnet. Pr november 2018 that is...
Jon R.

stian

« Svar #245 på: November 03, 2018, 12:19:37 »
Med The Phillips og Klich (R)evolution, og Forshaw i dytten, er det vel riktig å si at RV ikke er savnet. Pr november 2018 that is...

En av dem måtte nok ut, både for å ha en slank stall slik Bielsa ønsker og for å frigjøre midler. Like fullt tror jeg Vieira er en klassespiller om 5 år, mens Foreshaw fortsatt blir ansett som en god Championship-spiller.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #246 på: Desember 13, 2018, 19:37:00 »
Ronaldo Vieira opens up over Leeds United exit following Sampdoria switch

Joe Urquhart
Published: 14:53 Thursday 13 December 2018
Former Leeds United midfielder Ronaldo Vieira says he has no ill feelings towards to the Elland Road club following his summer move to Serie A side Sampdoria.

The 20-year-old made the switch to Italy in July despite very much being involved in Marcelo Bielsa's first-team plans in LS11 for the current campaign.

Former Leeds United midfielder Ronaldo Vieira at Thorp Arch.
Former Leeds United midfielder Ronaldo Vieira at Thorp Arch.
Vieira, who joined the club from the i2i Academy in York following a trial at Thorp Arch in 2016, made 63 senior appearances during a two-year spell before sealing a £7.7m move to the Serie A side.

The midfielder has made four appearances for Sampdoria this season as he adjusts to life in Italy's top flight and following his transfer Bielsa admitted he'd lost a good player.

“He (Vieira) was a player involved in the project,” Bielsa said in August. “The club decided to sell him and I adapt to this decision. I can’t say he is not a good player. He is a good player. If Sampdoria bought Ronaldo it indicates he is a good player."

Vieira though says he holds no grudge against the Whites and admits he is still supporting the club from afar, telling FourFourTwo: "The move was quite quick. They just came with an offer and that’s what happens - when the club receives a good offer, they accept it.

Here's every January Leeds United signing since 2011

"I was willing and open to it, so everything went smoothly. I have no bad feelings about Leeds; I’m grateful for what they've done for me, and I think I improved a lot as a player and became more mature there, so I thank them.

"I’m still supporting them now.”

Asked how he was adapting to life in Serie A following his move from West Yorkshire, Vieira replied: "The Championship is a bit more physical and here it’s a bit more tactical, so I’ve been trying to work with the coach who's trying to help me improve my game.

"I’ve been learning a lot about the way the team wants to play. [Giampaolo] wants me to take risks with some passes, try and break through teams, play it forward as much as I can."
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Kontakinte

« Svar #247 på: Januar 23, 2020, 10:45:57 »
West Ham have reportedly had a €14 million bid for ex-Leeds United midfielder Ronaldo Vieira rejected by Sampdoria, according to Sport Mediaset.

According to the reports from Italy, the Hammers have had an offer for the midfielder turned down from the Serie A side.

https://readwestham.com/2020/01/23/sampdoria-reject-e14-million-offer-for-midfielder-ronaldo-vieira/

Vet ikke om dette er Bull!

Hallgeir *

« Svar #248 på: Oktober 17, 2020, 22:45:47 »
Ronaldo Vieira er ikke en gang på benken for Sampdoria for tiden.

Dersom han ikke er skadet , må det vel være et stort steg tilbake for den en gang lovende Leeds-ungdommen.
Super Leeds since 1968

Pettersen97

« Svar #249 på: Oktober 17, 2020, 22:53:12 »

Dersom han ikke er skadet , må det vel være et stort steg tilbake for den en gang lovende Leeds-ungdommen.

Vieira spiller for Hellas Verona.
The Mighty Whites

Hallgeir *

« Svar #250 på: Oktober 17, 2020, 23:03:33 »

Vieira spiller for Hellas Verona.

Er han lånt ut eller solgt?
Super Leeds since 1968

kjella

• Gjest
« Svar #251 på: Oktober 18, 2020, 00:37:13 »
Lån med kjøpsopsjon - tror jeg

Runar

« Svar #252 på: Oktober 18, 2020, 17:14:31 »

Ligger på 5.plass i serie A, så usikker på hvor steg tilbake det kan kalles.
Kjenner flere som vil hevde at det er en del steg fram fra den 13-15 plassen han forlot sommeren 2018.

RoarG

« Svar #253 på: Januar 19, 2021, 13:45:15 »
Skjer lite til nå i januarvinduet annet enn utlån av unggutter. Enkelte har derfor begynt å ønske Vieira tilbake til Leeds.

https://motleedsnews.com/fans-view/exactly-what-were-missing-come-home-some-leeds-united-fans-target-22-y-o-sold-for-7-7m-in-2018/

Ja, jøss. Kjør på ;D.

PS! Mens jeg lette etter denne tråden snublet jeg over tråden til Bailey Peacock-Farrell. Det står ikke "Ex-" foran "spiller" her. Det må det rettes opp ASAP, synes jeg ;).
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #254 på: Januar 19, 2021, 16:16:07 »
Artig at denne tråden skulle løftes nå. :)

I går publiserte Mr Hay et intervju med broder Romario. :)

https://theathletic.co.uk/2328265/2021/01/19/romario-vieira-ronaldo-leeds-brothers/

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan