Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Pablo Hernandez  (Lest 87311 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Spiller: Pablo Hernandez
« Svar #240 på: November 10, 2018, 17:14:01 »
Leeds United's Pablo Hernandez on injury woes, form, fatherhood, passing on experience and learning from Marcelo Bielsa

Phil Hay
Published: 18:03 Thursday 08 November 2018
Updated: 10:06 Friday 09 November 2018

Leeds United are in the middle of a baby boom and the standing joke is that the ongoing renovation of the club’s training ground at Thorp Arch should be adapted to include a creche.

Mateusz Klich was lined up to speak at yesterday’s pre-match press conference but his partner gave birth in Leeds earlier this week and he spent the morning in hospital instead. Pablo Hernandez stepped in and fielded questions, six months on from the arrival of the his own second child.

Leeds United playmaker Pablo Hernandez.
Pontus Jansson, Adam Forshaw, Barry Douglas, Kemar Roofe and - thousands of miles away, beginning rehab on a knee injury in Japan - Yosuke Ideguchi: all are juggling the night-feed with newborns to tend to. Paternity leave barely applies to footballers and Hernandez has seen how responsibility for childcare falls to others around them in a world of midweek away games, overnight stays and an unyielding training schedule,

“It's a good thing in life when you have kids,” Hernandez said, “and in my opinion footballers are lucky. Normally we have wives and families who help us. They know that one day or two days before a game we need rest.

“When you travel and play away, of course you miss the family. This is football. But the night before the game, if the baby cries, in my case my wife knows I need rest. So she takes responsibility.”

Football needs protecting by those in power just like the planet, urges Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa

It is one thing amongst many which players at Leeds could look to Hernandez for advice about if and when they need it. The midfielder talks regularly about “knowing my age” - he is 33, two months younger than Cristiano Ronaldo - and he has much in his scrapbook which others don’t: experience of football on the continent, knowledge of the Premier League and time spent in the Champions League. There is something to be learned from him reaching his 33rd birthday and being able to say that he has rarely played better.

It is to Marcelo Bielsa’s credit that his team at Elland Road does not hinge on a single, particular player but in terms of the stardust, Hernandez is the one; the “little magician” as Forshaw called him recently. He has banked a goal or an assist in all but two of the games he has started this season and his eight-week absence with a hamstring strain was felt by Bielsa, even though Leeds lost to Blackburn Rovers on the afternoon of his comeback.

“I don't know if it's the best time for me (in his career) but it’s one of the best, sure,” Hernandez said. “I have confidence, I score, I assist and I want to help the team. To score and do assists and to help the team be at the top of the league, it’s a good moment for me.

“I know my age but I try to push every day in the training, and not only at the training ground but in my life: good food and good rest because it’s not the same for me as it was when I was 23, 24. But I feel good, I feel young and I try to keep this moment.”

Hernandez, in two-and-a-half years at Leeds, has been susceptible to hamstring injuries, as players who grow up as wingers can be. He was laid low by one again in August’s 3-0 win at Norwich City, a day on which he felt his “confidence was 100 per cent”. Hernandez created the first goal, scored the third and had Bielsa purring that the Spaniard could “make me a better coach.”

Leeds United transfer business will be 'very difficult' in January, admits Marcelo Bielsa

A minor tear led to a more major one and Bielsa was unable to call on him again under October 20, when Leeds were beaten 2-1 by Blackburn. Hernandez is the oldest player at the club and one of only two over the age of 30. That, combined with his uniquely skillful influence, might point to the need for a tailored training programme but Hernandez has not asked for one or been given one.

“Each manager has his methods and his style,” Hernandez said. “It’s different training this year for all the players. But it’s true the team pays more attention to food and rest and all of these things help us to improve. I know I need to be more like this, to do more things that help me play well.

“Injuries are the worst part of the game. It's something I can't control. Sometimes in your best moment an injury comes and the only thing you can do is work hard to recover.

“It arrived at a bad moment for me because after the Norwich game my confidence was 100 per cent. It was a small injury to the hamstring so I tried to do my recovery fast but I injured it again.”

Are hamstring strains a specific concern? “My experience tells me that each player has different feelings,” Hernandez said. “It depends on circumstances, on the muscle, and most important is the feeling when you come back. I’m realistic and I know that if I’m 23, not 33, I can push more and take more risks. Now I need to control these things.”

Wigan attempted to control Hernandez last Sunday, without success, by targeting him and hitting him with numerous heavy challenges. Hernandez scored Leeds’ equaliser in a 2-1 victory, produced the pass which led to the error for their second goal and hit a post in injury-time.

WATCH: Leeds United's Pablo Hernandez on Marcelo Bielsa, West Brom, using his experience and fatherhood

Hernandez took issue with some of the fiercer tackles at the time but was reflective about his treatment with hindsight. “I live always with this in football, especially as an attacking player,” he said. “When you have 70 per cent of possession in a game, the other team need to defend more so It leads to this. But I’d prefer to stay in this part of the game - receiving tackles because it means we have the ball.”

Bielsa questioned after the Wigan game whether Leeds had yet shown the consistent quality needed to hold onto first place in the Championship. Hernandez said he would try to help by passing on any lessons he could. “We have good players, we have young players,” he said. “Maybe I try to help them because in this situation, when you're top of the league, you need to win games and points to keep this position.

“I can help because I have experience in the Spanish league, the Premier League and the Champions League. I try to keep calm in the games, and in this situation.”

There is a trend at Leeds of Bielsa and his players trying as best they can to avoid individual credit. Hernandez said a few months back that Bielsa’s appointment could improve his game, despite his age, but Bielsa responded by claiming Hernandez would make him a better coach. Forshaw and Samuel Saiz have painted Hernandez as borderline indispensable and with a lively game at West Bromwich Albion looming tomorrow, Hernandez reciprocated. “I don't think 'Pablo plays good',” he said. “I think the team plays good. This helps me.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #241 på: November 24, 2018, 23:23:35 »
Lufcdata

Pablo Hernandez has now registered 21 assists in the @SkyBetChamp since his debut in August 2016, MORE than any other player in the division.

Assist King.  #LUFC
Min første Leeds-kamp:

raggen

« Svar #242 på: November 25, 2018, 13:55:01 »
ingen god kamp igår frem til saiz kom innpå. ble mye bedre da og toppet det med en finfin scoring
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #243 på: November 25, 2018, 18:26:11 »
ingen god kamp igår frem til saiz kom innpå. ble mye bedre da og toppet det med en finfin scoring

Satt på tribunen og var svært imponert over arbeidsmoralen og -kapasiteten hans i går!

Litt mini-Strachan over ham!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #244 på: Desember 01, 2018, 23:23:22 »
Lufcdata

Pablo Hernandez has now scored FIVE goals in his last 6 away league matches.

He has also been directly involved in 12 goals in 13 appearances in 2018 /19.

All Hail King Pablo.  #MOT #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #245 på: Desember 15, 2018, 18:44:35 »
Lufcdata

Pablo Hernandez has now been directly involved in 14 goals in 15 Championship matches this season. #LUFC

15 games
7 goals
7 assists

All hail King Pablo.  #LUFC
Min første Leeds-kamp:

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #246 på: Desember 15, 2018, 21:19:47 »
GUD

Promotion 2010

« Svar #247 på: Desember 15, 2018, 21:43:04 »
Leeds United News

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #248 på: Desember 15, 2018, 21:54:54 »
Hernandez - Bamford var en vinner-combo i dagens kamp.

Bamford blir jo som en ny spiller for oss, et nytt alternativ på topp.
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #249 på: Desember 16, 2018, 20:17:39 »
Here’s just a few statistics that I thought were telling.

When Pablo starts, Leeds average 2.5ppg compared to 1.25ppg without; 35 points from 14 games with and 10 points from 8 games without. 

If he started every game so far and Leeds averaged the same ppg, we’d be on 55 points from 22 games. This would leave us 11 points clear at the top.

Or if we disregard the results from the games in that period (27/08-22/10) for all teams, we’d be 8 points clear at the top after 14 games. (Leeds 35, Norwich 27, Derby 25, Boro 24, WBA 22, Forest 22, Sheffield Utd 21)

If Pablo stays fit for the rest of the season, we’ll finish on 107.5 points ((36*2.5)+(10*1.25)) based on ppg. If he gets injured, however, it will be much more of a struggle, depending on the severity of the injury and length of the lay-off.

Also, looking at 1st half vs 2nd half performances, if only goals scored in the 2nd half of games counted, we’d be 11 points clear on 50 points from 22 games (2.27ppg), ahead of Norwich on 39 points from 22 games (1.77ppg).

Compare this to if only 1st half goals counted, where we’d be 11th on 29 points from 22 games (1.32ppg), 6 points behind Sheffield Utd (1.59ppg).

Also, we’ve only conceded 9 2nd half goals in 22 games, 4 of which happened in 1 game. So in the other 21 games, we’ve only conceded 5 2nd half goals, which is pretty impressive.

In conclusion, Pablo is the key and must stay fit and is undoubtedly the most influential player in the league and if we’re level or ahead at half time in games we should have no reason to stress during 2nd halves going forward.

(waccoe)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Josch

« Svar #250 på: Desember 16, 2018, 20:41:54 »
Godt skrevet: "Pablo is the key and must stay fit".
Den eneste Leeds-spiller som er uerstattelig ved skader.  MÃ… ikke bli skadet. Bielsa kan ikke trylle frem en ny Pablo.

raggen

« Svar #251 på: Desember 16, 2018, 21:07:37 »
uvurderlig spiller ja og en rollemodell for ALLE i klubben. håper han får en rolle i klubben også etter han legger opp.
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Buddy

« Svar #252 på: Desember 16, 2018, 21:40:36 »
 Litt artig statistikk, sånn post-Saiz.

Jon R

« Svar #253 på: Desember 17, 2018, 00:00:55 »
uvurderlig spiller ja og en rollemodell for ALLE i klubben. håper han får en rolle i klubben også etter han legger opp.
Blir jo bare bedre og bedre. Vår tids Gordon Strachan.
Jon R.

Xern

« Svar #254 på: Desember 17, 2018, 10:44:04 »
Kudos til Hernandez som viser god seriøsitet i å klare å holde slik form i en alder av 33. Mange mister motivasjon, dabber av eller lignende. Viser også at han har vært seriøs over tid! Også kudos til støtteapparatet, som tydeligvis gjør en god jobb med å holde han (dog svært få andre...) skadefri.  ;D
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Promotion 2010

« Svar #255 på: Desember 30, 2018, 22:55:29 »
OptaJoe

15 - Pablo Hernández assisted 15 league goals for Leeds United in 2018; more than any other player within the top four tiers of English football and one more than the next best, Leroy Sané (14). Magic.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #256 på: Januar 01, 2019, 11:27:06 »
Adam Pope
This ageless magician  will make his 100th #lufc appearance at Nottingham Forest ... if selected of course! 99 games & 22 goals so far.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #257 på: Januar 27, 2019, 15:31:55 »
Til dem som kritiserte Pablo etter Rotherham i går:

Lufcdata

Pablo Hernandez vs. Rotherham:

103 touches
75% pass accuracy
75 passes
9 crosses
7 long passes
6 chances created
2 tackles won
1 shot
1 assist

Came into his own in the second half. Six chances including 1 assist and some sumptuous passing on display. #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #258 på: Januar 28, 2019, 10:08:16 »
Får ikke håpe dette er korrekt , men man vet jo at Pablo får slike skader innimellom:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/28/leeds-tyler-roberts-could-be-thrown-into-deep-end/

Josch

« Svar #259 på: Februar 07, 2019, 17:53:35 »
Nå har det som ikke skulle skje likevel skjedd. Pablo er blitt skadet (i allefall tvilsom). Vi hadde en dårlig periode uten ham som startet mot nettopp Middlesbrough i høst.

Kampen mot Boro hadde noe dødt over seg da. Jeg frykter få skapte målsjanser uten ham nå også. Jeg føler at dette er hans siste gode sesong i Leeds.

Woody

« Svar #260 på: Februar 07, 2019, 18:24:52 »
Virkelig synd om Pablo blir ute,tror dessverre vi er avhengige av ha i form for å plukke jevnt med poeng.
LIFE IS LEEDS

Johnnyj

« Svar #261 på: Februar 07, 2019, 18:59:37 »
Nå har det som ikke skulle skje likevel skjedd. Pablo er blitt skadet (i allefall tvilsom). Vi hadde en dårlig periode uten ham som startet mot nettopp Middlesbrough i høst.

Kampen mot Boro hadde noe dødt over seg da. Jeg frykter få skapte målsjanser uten ham nå også. Jeg føler at dette er hans siste gode sesong i Leeds.

Ikke bra at Pablo er skadet, nei.

Men formen hans de siste 5 kampene har vært under en hver kritikk. Han har overhodet ikke vært til å kjenne igjen.
Mister ballen over alt på banen, er på etterskudd i dueller og greier ikke å spille på styrkene sine. Om dette har med skadeproblemer å gjøre er uvisst.
Men det er like greit at han uansett blir satt ut av laget nå. Tror hvem som helst kunne gjort det bedre enn Pablo i den forfatningen han har vært i den siste tiden.

Xern

« Svar #262 på: Februar 07, 2019, 19:36:44 »

Men formen hans de siste 5 kampene har vært under en hver kritikk. Han har overhodet ikke vært til å kjenne igjen.
Mister ballen over alt på banen, er på etterskudd i dueller og greier ikke å spille på styrkene sine. Om dette har med skadeproblemer å gjøre er uvisst.
Men det er like greit at han uansett blir satt ut av laget nå. Tror hvem som helst kunne gjort det bedre enn Pablo i den forfatningen han har vært i den siste tiden.
Han har faktisk vært litt svak, ja. Trenger muligens en pause?
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

sportcarl1

« Svar #263 på: Februar 08, 2019, 22:49:06 »

inte fel vila Pablo som verkat sliten och halvskadad, men inte rätt läge om Klich och Forshaw är indisponibla

Promotion 2010

« Svar #264 på: Februar 09, 2019, 16:07:34 »
Phil Hay etter Boro borte

Hernandez did a brilliant job of directing that late on - took risks with long range passes and picked them out beautifully. Leeds go a point clear at the top. Norwich play Ipswich tomorrow. #lufc

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #265 på: Februar 09, 2019, 16:09:11 »
Phil Hay etter Boro borte

Hernandez did a brilliant job of directing that late on - took risks with long range passes and picked them out beautifully. Leeds go a point clear at the top. Norwich play Ipswich tomorrow. #lufc

;D
Grusom start på omgangen, ble bare bedre og bedre. Nøkkelen bak det offensive trykket vi hadde i 2 omgang.
Jon R.

Cherry

« Svar #266 på: Februar 09, 2019, 18:37:54 »
Ingen  tvil om at Pablo må spille..... ;)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #267 på: Februar 23, 2019, 18:40:03 »
Lufcdata

Pablo Hernandez created a whopping 10 chances against Bolton, more than any single Leeds player in a single fixture this season. TEN.

A personal best for Pablo in a single game since joining the club. Also four more chance than Bolton managed collectively today. #LUFC

Pablo at hus best!  ;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #268 på: Mars 02, 2019, 21:35:27 »

Lufcdata

Pablo Hernandez has now scored 8 league goals this season, a personal best in a league campaign for a single club during his career.

King Pablo.  #LUFC

8) wow!!!!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #269 på: Mars 12, 2019, 23:52:44 »
Lufcdata

Sensational first half performance. Mesmerising all season and has been directly involved in 21 goals in 30 games (10G, 11A) this season. Our modern day Strachan, and arguably our greatest player since the Premier League.  #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp: