Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Ryan Edmondson  (Lest 13226 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ex-spiller: Ryan Edmondson
« på: Mars 26, 2018, 23:09:38 »
Deniese O’Flaherty

Another goal for Ryan and another win for the U18s #MOT #proud

Gerry Mc Dermott

Has Ryan any Irish relations,? Can he play for Ireland.?

Deniese O’Flaherty

His great grandmother is Irish, from Bray..My dad's his granduncle so he has connections in Longford too, thats it..

« Siste redigering: Juni 23, 2022, 12:34:22 av Hallgeir * »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ung Spiller: Ryan Edmundson
« Svar #1 på: Mars 26, 2018, 23:11:56 »
Fantastisk talent som i høst debuterte for York i 6.divisjon.

Putter hattrick på hattrick på U-18 laget! Stort talent som virkelig setter sitt preg på de aldersbestemte klassene!

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #2 på: Mars 27, 2018, 09:08:44 »
Kjempespennende spiller dette! Født 20. mai 2001.

Men han heter Edmondson Promo  ;)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: April 30, 2018, 10:28:49 »
Leeds United: ‘Falsely’ suspended academy ace Edmondson rewarded by head coach Heckingbottom

Phil Hay
Published: 18:00 Sunday 29 April 2018
 Leeds United academy player Ryan Edmondson steps off the first-team bus at Carrow Road. PIC: Tony Johnson
Leeds United academy player Ryan Edmondson steps off the first-team bus at Carrow Road. PIC: Tony Johnson
Updated: 08:39 Monday 30 April 2018

Leeds United head coach Paul Heckingbottom revealed that he took Ryan Edmondson to Norwich City on Saturday as a way of softening the blow of the untimely ban which ruled the striker out of Under-18s duty.

Edmondson made the trip to Carrow Road after suspension prevented him from playing in the Under-18s’ Professional Development League semi-final against Charlton Athletic.

The talented 16-year-old was dismissed in the junior side’s final regular league game, a win over Bolton Wanderers which secured first place in the PDL’s northern section, and he was absent on Saturday as the Under-18s campaign ended with a 1-0 defeat to Charlton.

Heckingbottom has talked up Edmondson’s potential having seen the forward settle quickly since a move to Leeds’ academy from York City in November and Edmondson took another step forward with his first development-squad appearance earlier this month.

A senior debut eluded him over the weekend, however, as Heckingbottom chose not to name Edmondson in his 18-man squad at Norwich, preferring to include Jay-Roy Grot, Caleb Ekuban and on-loan Pierre-Michel Lasogga instead. Right-back Luke Ayling – missing since undergoing ankle surgery in January – also journeyed to Carrow Road without appearing on the bench.

Heckingbottom insisted a trip away with the first-team squad would help Edmondson’s development, saying: “He got the experience, he saw what it was like and he’ll be better for it.

Injured winger-turned-makeshift-defender Stuart Dallas. PIC: Bruce Rollinson

“I’ve spoken about him in the past and in the week I wasn’t going to put him (in the travelling squad) but he was wrongly sent off in an 18s game and suspended for their big game. He was down and upset and it was a good moment to bring him with us as a reward for him doing so well.”

Heckingbottom has picked through Leeds’ academy players since taking charge as head coach, handing senior debuts to defenders Tom Pearce and Paudie O’Connor and giving Bailey Peacock-Farrell a first opportunity in goal for almost two years.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

Sv: Ung Spiller: Ryan Edmondson
« Svar #4 på: April 30, 2018, 11:52:02 »
Spennende talent, ja. Nå håper jeg de slår til. Det må de, slik som innkjøps-suksessen har vært til nå.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #5 på: Mai 06, 2018, 21:06:41 »

Ryan Edmondson
Buzzing with the win today, even happier to make my debut for Leeds

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #6 på: Mai 07, 2018, 21:16:30 »
Leeds United: Heckingbottom hails Edmondson but admits he’s got a long way to go

Phil Hay
Published: 15:54 Monday 07 May 2018
 Ryan Edmondson on his Leeds United debut against QPR.
Ryan Edmondson on his Leeds United debut against QPR.
Paul Heckingbottom praised Ryan Edmondson’s attitude but admitted the young striker was some way short of regular first-team football after handing him his debut against Queens Park Rangers.

Edmondson made his first senior appearance yesterday aged 16 years and 351 days, stepping off the bench to replace Kemar Roofe for the last 16 minutes of a 2-0 win.

The powerful forward, who Leeds signed from York City earlier this season, came close to scoring with his first touch and was booked for a foul on QPR’s Darnell Furlong in the closing stages.

He caught Heckingbottom’s eye with a streak of eight goals in 12 appearances for the club’s Under-18s and his form earned him a promotion to the Under-23 squad last month.

Heckingbottom joked: “He’s massive. He looks 36! But he’s a good guy and he gives everything to be a footballer. That’s what we want.

“I can’t have people here who don’t want to be, and I can’t have people here who go through the motions.

Tom Pearce.

“He wants to play and you see that when he put someone into the third row. He’s eager, he’s keen and that should be a minimum when you play football. It’s recognition for that.

“I’m not standing here putting any pressure on him. I’ll be really honest when I say he’s not ready for us yet at first-team level but he’s made great strides already and this gives him a taste to look after himself over the summer, come back even hungrier in pre-season and let’s see where he is then.”

Leeds have seen a steady flow of academy players into their first team since Heckingbottom was appointed as head coach in February. Part of Heckingbottom’s brief was to blood the club’s more promising youngsters with United planning to supplement a smaller first-team squad with Under-23s next season.

Left-back Tom Pearce, one of those who has broken through, is approaching the end of a 12-month deal but is expected to be handed a new contract.

He’s massive. He looks 36! But he’s a good guy and he gives everything to be a footballer. That’s what we want.

Paul Heckingbottom on Ryan Edmondson
Heckingbottom said: “Circumstances are different with younger players and under-24s with the compensation rules.

“It’s a little bit different.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #7 på: Mai 08, 2018, 19:38:23 »
Eight things you need to know about Ryan Edmondson

Published: 16:19 Tuesday 08 May 2018
Here are a few things you need to know about Leeds United's latest debutant...

He made his Leeds United debut at the age of 16 years and 351 days against QPR on the final day of the 2017/18 Championship season.

Victor Orta brought him to the club in January for an undisclosed fee from York City after focusing his attention towards rebuilding the academy.

Leeds United boss Paul Heckingbottom joked following his debut that Edmondson looks old beyond his years: "He’s massive. He looks 36! But he’s a good guy and he gives everything to be a footballer. That’s what we want."

He helped Leeds United's under-18s win the Professional Development League title but was sent off in the final game of the season against Bolton.

He immediately scored goals for the under-18s, notching a hat-trick against Burnley in the league earlier this campaign, before making his under-23s debut against QPR at Elland Road.

Ryan Edmondson.
Ryan Edmondson.
He was born in Harrogate and is a Leeds United fan.

York City boss Martin Gray believes Edmondson has the potential to be a Premier League player: "He's gone to the right club - the set-up and the environment he's going to is great and he is a Leeds boy so it makes a lot of sense and it's really exciting."

He was named on the YEP's 'six academy players to watch' in March.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #8 på: Mai 11, 2018, 19:31:06 »
Første mål i dag mot landslaget til Myanmar!

Er de første spiller på Leeds som har skåret mot et landslag, mon tro!

8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #9 på: Mai 11, 2018, 19:35:15 »
Første mål i dag mot landslaget til Myanmar!

Er de første spiller på Leeds som har skåret mot et landslag, mon tro!

8)

Lufcstats
Interesting q, we played a Dutch select X1 in 50 as well as a Nigeria select X1 in same year. Netherlands B in 54, East Germany Olympic X1 in 64, Morocco X1 in 80

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Sydhagen

« Svar #10 på: Mai 11, 2018, 20:57:26 »
For en fysikk!
Man of Steel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

RoarG

« Svar #11 på: Mai 11, 2018, 21:03:28 »
Fyren kommer til å bøtte inn mål 8).
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #12 på: Mai 11, 2018, 21:53:53 »
Minner mye om Wood på sitt beste!

La han bli vår Bull, som i Steve som spilte hele sin karriere i Wolves!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #13 på: Mai 11, 2018, 22:06:54 »
Minner mye om Wood på sitt beste!

La han bli vår Bull, som i Steve som spilte hele sin karriere i Wolves!
Bare han ikke blir vår Rooney, som gikk til Scum i en alder av 18 år.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #14 på: August 07, 2018, 13:34:24 »
Leeds United

Leeds United are pleased to confirm @Ryan_edmondson9 has signed a new three-year deal with the club

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #15 på: August 07, 2018, 13:35:47 »
Fantastisk bra!!!!!!!!  :)

RYAN EDMONDSON PENS NEW DEAL

Leeds United are pleased to confirm Ryan Edmondson has signed a new contract with the club.

The 17-year-old striker has put pen to paper on a new three-year deal, committing his future at Elland Road until June 2021.

Edmondson joined the club from National League North side York City in November 2017 as a 16-year-old, having made a first-team debut at Bootham Crescent.

His impressive performances with the Under-18s and Under-23s led to him becoming involved with the first team and the striker was handed a Leeds United senior debut from the bench on the last game of the 2017/18 campaign against Queens Park Rangers.

Edmondson has continued to train with the first team throughout pre-season and will be looking to work his way into Marcelo Bielsa’s plans during the current campaign.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #16 på: August 07, 2018, 13:38:07 »
Strålende. En spiller vi forhåpentligvis kommer til å få mye glede av i årene som kommer  :)

auren

RoarG

« Svar #17 på: August 07, 2018, 13:58:52 »
Veldig gledelig :).

Promotion 2010

« Svar #18 på: August 07, 2018, 14:44:41 »
Leedsfan Ryan Edmundson

Absolutely amazing feeling to have signed a new 3 year contract with  @LUFC buzzing to knuckle down and see where this journey can take me

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #19 på: August 07, 2018, 14:53:56 »
Striker Edmondson agrees new Leeds United contract

Phil Hay
Published: 12:26 Tuesday 07 August 2018

Leeds United striker Ryan Edmondson after signing his new contract today.

Leeds United striker Ryan Edmondson has agreed a new three-year contract, three months after making his senior debut for the club.

The 17-year-old’s improved deal runs to 2021 and replaces the contract he accepted when Leeds paid York City an undisclosed fee for his signature last November.

Edmondson during his first team debut against QPR last season.

Edmondson was sourced from National League North having made his York debut at the age of 16 and he is one of a number of academy players who Leeds have been pushed towards their senior squad in recent months.

Former United head coach Paul Heckingbottom gave the powerful forward his full debut against Queens Park Rangers on the final day of last season and took him on the club’s post-season tour of Myanmar where Edmondson scored against Myanmar’s national team.

He remained closely involved with Marcelo Bielsa’s squad during Leeds’ recent pre-season programme but did not make Bielsa’s 18-man squad for Sunday’s win over Stoke City.

Edmondson is expected to play regularly for the club’s Under-23s this term and United said he would “be looking to work his way into Marcelo Bielsa’s plans during the current campaign.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #20 på: August 14, 2018, 12:58:55 »
LUFCdata

Marcelo Bielsa is full of praise for Ryan Edmondson: "In training today, he helped his teammates resolve a problem (tactical issue). I was moved by the way he helped us. He was such a professional." #LUFC
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #21 på: Oktober 21, 2018, 10:12:51 »
På tide å inkludere Edmonson i A-lags troppen mener man i denne artikkelen. Støttes fullt ut.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/21/did-leeds-boss-marcelo-bielsa-miss-trick-with-ryan-edmondson/

auren

« Svar #22 på: Oktober 21, 2018, 20:44:46 »
På tide å inkludere Edmonson i A-lags troppen mener man i denne artikkelen. Støttes fullt ut.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/21/did-leeds-boss-marcelo-bielsa-miss-trick-with-ryan-edmondson/

Nå var han vel inkludert i sist kamp mot Brentford, og fikk til og med noen minutter på banen. Jeg er enig i at vi trenger ulike typer spisser i klubben, og med Edmondson får vi en spiller med rå fysikk og godt hodespill. Men han er neppe god nok for vårt lag enda, og vil nok kun være aktuell når vi har et par spisser utilgjengelige. Nå som Roofe er tilbake, så tviler jeg på at Ryan blir å se i 18-mannstroppen med det første...

auren

RoarG

« Svar #23 på: Oktober 22, 2018, 07:14:33 »

Nå var han vel inkludert i sist kamp mot Brentford, og fikk til og med noen minutter på banen. Jeg er enig i at vi trenger ulike typer spisser i klubben, og med Edmondson får vi en spiller med rå fysikk og godt hodespill. Men han er neppe god nok for vårt lag enda, og vil nok kun være aktuell når vi har et par spisser utilgjengelige. Nå som Roofe er tilbake, så tviler jeg på at Ryan blir å se i 18-mannstroppen med det første...

auren
Bytter han med Dallas glatt.

Eriksen55

« Svar #24 på: Oktober 22, 2018, 23:08:39 »

auren

Nivåforskjellen mellom u23 og CC er gedigent. Tviler på at Ryan er der og neppe i nærheten av Roofe og Roberts. Men håper han får noen innhopp  i løpet  av sesongen.

Nå påvirker ikke Dallas sine manglende prestasjoner noe for Ryan sine sjanser..Men begge er nok like dårlige backer  :)

RoarG

« Svar #25 på: Oktober 23, 2018, 07:12:00 »

auren

Nivåforskjellen mellom u23 og CC er gedigent. Tviler på at Ryan er der og neppe i nærheten av Roofe og Roberts. Men håper han får noen innhopp  i løpet  av sesongen.

Nå påvirker ikke Dallas sine manglende prestasjoner noe for Ryan sine sjanser..Men begge er nok like dårlige backer  :)
Tenkte mer på hvem jeg ville ha fjernet fra 18-mannstroppen først for å få plass til Edmonson.

RoarG

« Svar #26 på: Oktober 29, 2018, 15:34:40 »
Og Edmonson føyer seg inn i rekken av skadde Leeds-spillere :(.
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/ryan-edmondson-limps-leeds-uniteds-15344132

Promotion 2010

« Svar #27 på: April 09, 2019, 17:23:15 »
Joe Urquharte

A 17th goal of the season for Ryan Edmondson against Ipswich Town - Marcelo Biesa was asked about the striker yesterday. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #28 på: April 09, 2019, 18:15:44 »
Joe Urquharte

A 17th goal of the season for Ryan Edmondson against Ipswich Town - Marcelo Biesa was asked about the striker yesterday. #lufc

Adam Pope
@apopey
 Apr 8
I asked Bielsa about how close Ryan Edmondson is too breaking into the matchday squad: “He’s a very young player. In his position are Roofe, Bamford & Roberts. He has made a very good improvement from the beginning of the season until today.” #lufc
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #29 på: Mai 20, 2019, 22:39:34 »
Marie Edmondson

Happy 18th birthday @Ryan_edmondson9 so proud of the young man you've turned into xx

Min første Leeds-kamp: