Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa  (Lest 400564 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 4 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa
« Svar #120 på: Juni 23, 2018, 08:27:31 »
Marcelo Bielsa i dag:

"Debería ponerle más tiempo, inteligencia y capacidad en aprender el idioma del país que me recibe".

"Jeg bør legge mer tid, intelligens og evne til å lære språket i landet som mottar meg."

God ide!  ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #121 på: Juni 23, 2018, 09:24:14 »
Han markerer seg stadig med 'dype' tweeter. Denne er fem timer gammel:

Marcelo Bielsa
‏

@Frases_M_Bielsa
 5h
5 hours ago
"Los líderes necesitan que cuando hablen se los escuche. La mejor manera de conseguir eso es hablando poco. Aunque provoquen sonrisas los grandes líderes hablan muy poco, pero son escuchados e interpretados cuando se expresan".

Translated from Spanish by Microsoft
"Leaders need to be heard when they speak. The best way to get that is to talk little. Although they provoke smiles the great leaders speak very little, but they are heard and interpreted when they express themselves. "
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #122 på: Juni 23, 2018, 09:24:54 »
Skulle han 'reise' i dag, eller ankomme???
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #123 på: Juni 23, 2018, 09:40:28 »
Skulle han 'reise' i dag, eller ankomme???

Ankomme!  ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #124 på: Juni 24, 2018, 17:07:12 »
Heard an Argie journo saying that Leeds fans will know within the first 10 days if they will love or hate Bielsa. Bit of a marmite character,i guess we will know alot more tmrw after his presser
- waccoe
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Smudge

« Svar #125 på: Juni 24, 2018, 21:39:48 »
Her er ønskelisten Bielsa hadde i Marseille: Kanskje vi plukker noen herfra??
Jara, Medel, Manquillo, isla, Montoya, Coke, Ocampos, Rekik, Aurier,
Tello og Stambouli.
Usikker på hvor de spiller og hvor realistisk disse kan være for oss.

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #126 på: Juni 25, 2018, 11:46:08 »
Noen link til pressekonfen

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #127 på: Juni 25, 2018, 11:51:10 »

The Don has arrived!
- de andre ser rimelig skremte ut. Og han sur. "He looks pretty Yorkshire already" som en kommenterte det :D
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #128 på: Juni 25, 2018, 11:52:57 »
PÃ… klubbens Facebook-side i alle fall. Og Sky Sport skal vise... Sikkert LUTV også...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #129 på: Juni 25, 2018, 12:12:54 »
PÃ… klubbens Facebook-side i alle fall. Og Sky Sport skal vise... Sikkert LUTV også...
Klokka er det?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #130 på: Juni 25, 2018, 12:13:25 »
Klokka er det?
15 norsk tid
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #131 på: Juni 25, 2018, 12:14:27 »
Klokka er det?
15 norsk tid
Smashing!

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #132 på: Juni 25, 2018, 12:16:26 »
Klokka er det?
15 norsk tid
Smashing!

Pumpkins. ( Sorry. Måtte bare )

Annesj

« Svar #133 på: Juni 25, 2018, 12:41:37 »
Klokka er det?
15 norsk tid
Smashing!

Pumpkins. ( Sorry. Måtte bare )

Tørr humor! Helt i min gate  ;D
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

auren

« Svar #134 på: Juni 25, 2018, 15:09:27 »
Ser på pressekonferansen nå. Går i sirup gitt... virker som en sær type ja. Hvordan skal taktikk, spillermøter, kampforberedelser gå med dette tempoet/språkbarrierene? Er vel bare i spansktalende land han har hatt suksess?

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #135 på: Juni 25, 2018, 15:14:05 »
Han sier at Orta gir han navn han da skal godkjenne. Hmm. not like.

Annesj

« Svar #136 på: Juni 25, 2018, 15:21:16 »

Er det ikke slik det fungerer overalt i en eller annen form? Scouter finner spillere å navn. Manager/Coach sjekker det ut å sier ja eller nei? Er knapt en Coach manager som selv reiser rundt å ser. Tipper denne mannen kjenner til ekstremt mange spillere selv au.
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Promotion 2010

« Svar #137 på: Juni 25, 2018, 15:47:04 »
Den første brøkdelen: DETTE BLIR LANGT!!!

Bielsa on language barrier

"I'm conscious of the importance of getting the written or spoken word across. The biggest factor that gets players going is emotion. But there are other ways of getting things across."

Bielsa on negotiations

"I am very meticulous and careful in these processes. Having spoken with Victor Orta and Andrea Radrizzanni I found two people very keen to reassess the club. I am very conscious they didn't want to promise something they couldn't fulfil."

Bielsa on budget

"I have spoken long with the club president about what we need and what our aims are. We all agreed that these needs and objectives weren't to be highly exaggerated. In terms of putting them into practice is above my job spec, I am confident these issues will be solved."

Bielsa on being called 'best in the world'

"I don't want to be accused of false modesty. Guardiola is the best manager in the world, his ideas have been created by himself. I have never seen any traits of my teams in his. As for Pochettino, he's built his own career and has adapted his style which is quite unique to him. Those two can be considered references for other people than I have been a reference to them. I know myself very well and I have studied there styles in depth and I am not just saying it, I am convinced of what I say."

Bielsa on squad

"The players I want to keep are the players I can guarantee game time too. I think the club has about 15 players too many and there are four or five positions we need to strengthen."

Bielsa on players...

"I have seen all 51 games Leeds United played last season and the two friendlies in Myanmar but I have not had the day to day contact with them yet. In the same way I may have recommendations about players coming in we have to make an assessment too."

Bielsa on what players need...

"Mental strength, ability on the ball and skill, being intelligent enough with different styles of play, strong and brave, competitive spirit - in an ideal word, there is no player anywhere who fits that bill."

Bielsa on what would be a success this season

"There are many ways to ask questions that we find impossible to answer. With the history of this club everyone knows what success and failure is at the end of the season. If you are trying to predict the future it is much better to be reasonable and measured.

Bielsa on Argentina's World Cup struggles

"I believe in the players and Messi's leadership which I believe will come across tomorrow. The staff are good and they will learn from those two games moving forward."

Bielsa on Premier League ambition...

"It's imprudent to promise something when you cannot be certain over things. At the same time it would be impossible not to be dreaming about it."

Bielsa on transfers...

"For the moment we are not intending to bring too many new faces in. From my point of view the club have plenty of players on the books who we should keep. I get names from Victor Orta and I then give my opinion on those players and if we are on the same page then the process begins."

Bielsa on tactics...

"We have an obligation as a managers to put into place what we believe is right. We can't expect people to follow us if we don't believe it ourselves."

Bielsa on why he has come to Leeds United

"It was a case of convincing myself. No-one had to convince me to come to Leeds United. I was convinced by the strength by Leeds both on and off the field. I looked at things from a sport and football point of view."

Radrizzani

"He has chosen us. He had many options but he has come here to help and change Leeds United."

Radrizzani...

"It's a very excited day for the club. We are very happy he has chosen us."

Marcelo Bielsa has arrived...

Here we go...

Min første Leeds-kamp:

leedslife

« Svar #138 på: Juni 25, 2018, 15:53:13 »

Er sånn overalt nå.
Skal være en rimelig liten klubb hvis manageren gjør alt av oppgaver.
Bielsa er en sterk personlighet som er ufattelig flink til å få det beste ut av spillerne og skape en god samla tropp.

Klubben vet jo at hvis det skjærer seg med Bielsa og spillerlogestikk er han på flyet hjem til Argentina med en gang.

Synes han virket reflektert, ydmyk i forhold til seg selv og hva han har oppnådd.
Er det en som kan få inn trygghet og selvtilitt i spillerne våre er det han.
Virker meget lovende.

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #139 på: Juni 25, 2018, 16:02:41 »
Elendig sending ihvertfall. Men det jeg ikke skjønner på pressekonferansen, ja det liker jeg veldig godt

Blank_File

« Svar #140 på: Juni 25, 2018, 17:17:31 »
Litt mindre Loco enn forventet. Virker meget sindig. Liker at han lar være å komme med potensielt kontroversielle uttalelser om spillere og trenere.

Bjorn

« Svar #141 på: Juni 25, 2018, 18:11:36 »
Liker mannen. Gjorde en god figur. Virker reflektert og har godt resonnement. Det er ikke lett å prate med en tolk på den måten og holde den røde tråden i det du snakker om. I tillegg ber han pent om å ikke svare på ting som ut av respekt for lag og spillere ville vært kontroversielt å svare på. Han svarer klokt på spørsmål som er rettet mot å få frem hva han tror fremtiden blir.

Spennende å se hvem de evt nye spillerne blir og hvor langt de evt har kommet i den prosessen. 
Marching On! 4276

Promotion 2010

« Svar #142 på: Juni 25, 2018, 18:28:08 »
Presser In full:

Leeds United news LIVE: Recap of everything Marcelo Bielsa said in fascinating 90 minute press conference ...

Leeds United's new head coach Marcelo Bielsa will meet the press for the first time this afternoon, as the club get set to introduce the former Argentina and Chile boss to the media at an Elland Road press conference at 2pm.

It promises to be a fascinating occasion with journalists from across the globe heading to Yorkshire to see how the respected coach plans to tackle the job of getting Leeds United back into the Premier League.

We'll be in place at the Whites' stadium to bring you everything that the new man has to say on his Leeds United masterplan, how he plans to approach pre-season, the work he has put in already and more.

Plus we'll bring you all the latest transfer news and other developments from the club so stay tuned.

Key Events

Bielsa on his English 17:11
How many new signings do you need? 14:10
17:11Key Event

Bielsa on his English

English lessons will play an important part in Marcelo Bielsa’s first months at Leeds United with the hope he will be fluent by the end of the season.

The Argentinian has already been devoting several hours every day for the past three weeks to learning the language, but it will be some time before he tries to speak English in public.

It is understood he will use the example shown by Mauricio Pochettino, a close friend and acolyte, when he first came to the UK.

Read more here

Marcelo Bielsa during the press conference at Elland Road, Leeds on Monday June 25, 2018.(Image: Mike Egerton/PA Wire)
16:45

Bielsa's key points

We’ll have plenty more reaction to Bielsa’s press conference for you shortly, but here’s a summery of some of the main lines:

His squad needs to be strengthened in ‘four or five areas’
He is willing to let as many as 15 players leave
His team will attack
He watched every one of Leeds’ 51 matches last season - plus their post-season friendlies in Myanmar
Video analysis is hugely important
He knows ‘everything a foreigner could know about Leeds United’
16:37

Our take on Bielsa's presser

We’ve been live on Facebook to discuss what we made of this afternoon’s press conference.

Have a watch here...

15:36

Photo ops...

And now onto some snaps that will be appearing on tomorrow’s back pages..

15:22

That's all for now...

Stick around though, plenty more to come...

15:21

Is he a Clough and Revie man?

Who did he prefer? Don’t get this one wrong Marcelo...

In terms of winning the right way, I prefer to lose than cheat or play tricks.

I prefer beautiful football rather than over -pragmatic football. You’re not allowed to play outside the rules, it doesn’t bring you trophies.

Playing well brings you closer to winning things.

I don’t think we can claim playing badly is a means to an end to win.

15:19

Can he get Leeds playing in his no-nonsense style?

Yes, when you come to an environment like this everything is done in a very professional manner.

Is Leeds known for being hard working? I thought the industrial north was higher up the country.

15:17

On pre-season friendlies

Is he happy with them?

I know the level at which our future opponents compete at. And I cant comment on the exact standard as I’ve not seen a lot. But I trust the people who set them u

15:16

Which players is he most looking forward to working with?

We can’t single out players, even in a good sense because we never get forgiven. I’ve got opinions but I’m not going to speak about them.

For a start this press conference is all too much about me, and this isn’t a good thing for manager-player relations. Speaking as much as I have been just now is not good for the job I’ve got ahead of me.

15:15

What has he said so far?

It’s trying to communicate a style, a way of playing. That’s the key, conveying that style.

15:14

What about your contact with the players?

We said hello, greeted each other this morning.

15:14

How does he interpret the 'El Loco' nickname?

I’ve got a prepared answer I’ve had a while for this one.

I was first given it because maybe my style of giving replies in press conferences was different to most managers. I don’t know if you believe that?

15:12

What does he think about the Championship?

I’ve heard it’s the 6th or 7th best league in the world. Talking about the stadia - I’ve seen stadia that only hold 10,000 but they’re great. They add a bit more sauce to the occasion. They’re all good.

I guess in my experience, it’s been the classic stadium like Fulham, now you see the massive futuristic stadia.

What is key for me is I’ve got a real flavour for it and can’t wait to get started.

15:10

How is his English coming on?

I’ve got lots to thank my mother for, but she sent me to English classes for 15 years.

I will try. But I said the same in France and didn’t manage it.

15:09

On Messi

There’s nobody better placed than Messi to tell you how he feels. He has to pass an exam every time. He is where he is because he demonstates his quality at every point. I hope with all my strength he demonstates what he can do tomorrow.

All of us who love him are sending us his best wishes for tomorrow,

15:08

Bielsa brings the bants

This is the first time I have been in charge of a club for six months, are you worn out?

Bielsa asks the translator if he’s tiring him out yet. We’re almost 70 minutes in here.

15:07

On Argentina again

We can answer your question with this reply: Doing the rounds in the Argentina media is a start from Tata Martino about how hard it is to do the job because of the demands placed on them by the national media. I have 100% confidence in them and that’s not me hoping it will happen, that’s based on fact. I think the players will find a way out of this situation.

The management team have more than enough experience and knowledge to get them out of this situation so the players themselves and the coach need to feel the support of us and the fans. I think they need to feel the love and support of everyone. We support them and are right behind them.

I’m on board with what Martino has said but I’m probably not the best qualified person to be asking about this currently because back in 2002 I was in charge and we were knocked out in the group stages, which gives me doubts about whatever is said. To turn things around, I think the words of Martino sum up perfectly what Argentina need. Love and support.

15:02

On getting the Thorp Arch blueprints

My daughter told me not to talk about it. I’ve been told not to speak about building work. It’s a top class training centre that doesn’t need any tinkering with or alterations.

It might be a slight alteration here or there but nothing major.

Will the players be sleeping there?

Not thought of that yet - I might be taking that as a suggestion.

15:00

Bielsa on the Champions League days

Next up is a question about what he knows about the Champions League days and subsequent decline:

I think you always imagine being part of some success and that motivates you makes you emotional.

14:59

What influence did Ivan Bravo have?

A question about Bielsa’s coaching at the Inspire Academy and if that came into play here:

We all know, anyone involved in football knows the prestige Bravo has in the game, but I didn’t get in contract with him about coming here. I don’t want create any problem in the future for him but the president and Orta believed in me. And if it goes well it will be down to me and if it goes badly it will be down to them.

14:57

How important is the video analysis?

And what research have you done into the club and city?

Watching games with your analysing head on, the more matches you watch, it reduces the chance you might be wrong about an idea you had. It doesn’t mean you’re less likely to make a mistake, but it makes you think you haven’t made a mistake.

It’s invaluable in the game. It can tell you the No2 might play various positions across the back, right, left, middle or has filled in at centre half and midfield also.

The way the team is structure - for example, the length that a player runs, I could give you loads and loads more conclusions from watching this footage but it would be vain of me to do so.

What I can tell you is what happens when you do watch these 51 games - and I enjoyed it - certainly I see it as a professional obligation to look into thing which such detail. I have’t done it for the sake of it.

Whether I’m right or not, they have generated hundreds of certainties, I’ve got a lot of conclusions from it.

14:53

What needs to change from last year?

I don’t really like to evaluate or give opinions on games or seasons I didn;t take part in. Not fair to make comments on fellow managers, players, teams you’re not involved in.

14:52

What about the Elland Road atmosphere?

I know everything I could possibly know as a foreigner and what it means to supporters of this country.

I was given a list of instructions here of how I should speak and I think I’ve lost it.

It mentioned that Leeds United had the biggest attendances in the league last season, although VIlla had bigger crowds but I think it tipped over the figure because they were in the play-offs. I know because people have told me at the club, but I know for myself Leeds take huge amounts of support away and I know the team means an awful lot for the city.

In Bilbao, a place that has left a huge mark on my life, not the biggest mark on my life, because the team who leaves the biggest mark is your first club, Newell’s Old Boys in my case, but the phrase you head most walking around Bilbao is ‘I’m a season ticket holder’. It’s like a statement of what you are. A way of identifying yourself. There are lots of people of British descent living in the Bilbao area.

I’m really excited that’s it’s going to be the same here.

The fans support their home town in the same way. Working in football gives you a chance to see just how a city and group of fans can identify with each other. The fans become part of the club - that’s what I’ve been told here.

14:47

How important is Leeds' start to the season?

Next up is a question on Leeds’ start:

There are no easy games in football. We are naturally optimistic most of the time. For me, having my first game at home and to have the kind of belief and excitement in what’s going to be a sell-out crowd and make it like a ‘Premier League’ game, which makes me really excited.

14:45

MB on Lille

A question on Lille and his time in France:

Marseille was an unforgettable memory for me. Experiencing the Stade Velodrome on matchday was one of the most enjoyable experiences football can give you. ON a football front Lille was the saddest moments of my career. Not because of the place, the city is lovely and very welcoming and certainly not because of the footballers who I had huge amounts of time for. Fans would always get behind the side. And also the staff, you can’t split them out of the institution, they fit part of the texture of the club. But apart from all that, my self esteem as a manager more than any time during my career really suffered.

And not in the main because of the results on the field which if you were to look and take them seperately would be enough to damage my self esteem because I was removed from my position with the team in 19th place but I only played 20% of the games for the period which I was under contract.

14:41

And now a question in Spanish from a Bilbao journalist - which fortunately for your humble blogger who only has a French GCSE is being translated.

I’m not aware of any manager who expresses himself in such perfect and detailed language. Is this a major worry for you or a small worry?

And here’s Bielsa’s answer

The person who will be more interested in this reply is myself or the man who asked it. But I’m sorry, I can’t be brief.

I’m very conscious of the spoken or written word in getting your point across.

Basically, an artist of the written word, a Basque journalist called Balligara [no way I’ve spelt that right - sorry folks], I recommend you have a read.

Getting players to play and appealing to their emotions, getting your message across to players in management is all about that.

I think the biggest factor which gets players playing is emotion and if you speak sincerely, words and how you express yourself goes hand in hand with activating those football emotions.

So if you do struggle in a particular language, it’s unmistakable that you have a difficulty.

But there are other ways to show how you feel apart from the written word. Although I was working in Bilbao which shares a language but has a different culture to Spain, France is a different language and culture but I think I managed to get my point across in both those countries and found the essence which motivates players.

I think the tradition present in English football is a value which is guaranteed. Here, values and tradition in football are very consistent with each other. I think I’m confident enough to believe that messages will be conveyed and reach the players.

14:35

Was the delay in signing a contract due to budget issues or something else?

I’m very meticulous and careful on these processes. And having spoken with Victor Orta and the president I’ve found people who are very keen on taking a different direction in a sporting sense. I was very conscious that they weren’t going to promise something they couldn’t fulfil so I just wanted to describe everything carefully from the start so I wouldn’t surprise them down the line.

I’ve already tired the translate out.

14:33

What sort of budget do you have?

I’ve spoke long with the director of football and club president about what we need and what our aims are and we all agreed the three of us that these needs and objectives were to be highly exaggerated and we could find solutions.

But in terms of putting these decisions into practice, this is beyond my job spec and I’m extremely confident that these issues will be sorted out in a very positive way.

14:31

What do you make of Pep and Poch's praise for your methods?

And will these methods benefit the England team?

I don’t want to be accused of false modesty.

So false modesty is when you say something to make the listener draw something else from the conversation. I don’t like false modesty.

Guardiola is the best coach in the world and his ideas have been created by he himself.

In any of his teams, any traits, all I’ve ever seen are his own ideas.

As for Pochettino, he’s built his own career and he’s built up his own style which really is quite unique to him when you see his teams play.

I think these two guys might be references. I think the fact they are references to other people is more than that fact I’ve been references to them.

I’ve studied their style in depth. I’m not just been humble or modest.

14:28

Have you told any players they aren't needed?

I’ve seen all 51 games played last season, plus the friendlies in Asia. I’ve got opinions and made my mind up about all the players.

But I’ve not had that day to day contact with them that the club has already enjoyed.

In the same way I might get recommendations about new players, I’ve also been informed about the club’s position on how you evaluate the existing playing staff.

If the club have certain players they do not want to keep, they wouldn’t be players I’m trying to keep.

In terms of any player who might be leaving the club, I wouldn’t want to confuse the issue by giving an negative evaluation and description of the player, even though it might seem like that, so I’l go back to what I was saying before, the players I want to keep are the ones I want to give lots of playing time to.

The club have 15 players more than they need. And we still need 4 or 5 different positions on the field where we need to strengthen. I think moving forward in a football sense, the squad shouldn’t be too numerous, too many players who aren’t getting game time.

So there might be some departures so the amount of players isn’t too excessive.

Anybody leaving it will be more due to the fact I like a trimmed down, lean squad and the numbers in the squad so everyone is getting regular game time.

I can’t ignore the fact there are 46 games in this competition and the potential that 18-20 weeks where you play two games per week if we’ve made progress in the cup completions.

But we have one or two youngsters who could be available in this situation so that we can add those to the squad as a whole but we might need to add one or two more players.

These long replies, we go around the houses in our answers in order not to name any names.

14:21

Which players have you told are not good enough?

That is the ideal skillset. No player anywhere fits that bill.

What I will say is we’re trying to keep players who will get plenty of playing time. They will feature. They will get plenty of game time.

The question that you just asked me I’m convinced will be the prologue to another more complicated question.

14:20

What sort of players do you need to be successful?

I think a team is made up about of all the qualities that you see from a myriad of players.

Maybe I cold just give you a short summary of what an ‘ideal player’ is like:

Mental strength

Sufficient ability on the ball

Being bright enough to interpret different styles of play

Strong physically and brave

A competitive spirit

14:18

What will be your measure of success this season?

There are many ways to ask questions, but we find it impossible to answer. We cannot answer. I’ve kind of already answered that question in a similar way.

I think setting parameters and objectives in advance, I don’t think it’s the ideal message of support for the people who are the end users of the message, which are of course, our fans.

The club with the history of this club, they know how to measure success and failure at the end of the season.

I think that if you try to predict the future you’re becoming a demagogue rather than a football coach, so it’s not great to make statements of intent at this stage.

I much prefer to try and demonstrate and give examples rather than predict.

14:16
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #143 på: Juni 25, 2018, 18:29:19 »
Part 2:

14:16

What about Argentina at the World Cup?

Onto the World Cup next. What does he make of Argentina’s struggles?

I think we’re going to see the best of Argentina from tomorrow onwards. I firmly believe in the quality of the players.

And in particular Messi’s leadership which I believe will come to the fore and be evident.

I’m convinced also by the knowledge of the backroom staff and the management team. Their wisdom and knowledge will show itself.

I think the two matches we’ve seen so far will be used as a grounding to put in a style of play that the national team wants to see.

They will move on in a positive way.

I’ve got a huge amount of faith in both the coach and the staff and also the players. From tomorrow you will see a different style of performance.

14:13

Do you believe you will get Leeds promoted?

The next question is about promotion.

It’s imprudent to promise something you cannot be certain about.

But at the same time it would be impossible not to dream about it.

To give sense to any project like this in a football sense, what drives you is having that desire, hope, belief that you carry out everything that everyone wants.

14:12

Any advice from Pep or Poch?

Have you spoken to Pep or Poch?

I’ve not had a physical conversation but I’m aware of what they say in the media all the time.

As you’re aware, those two guys are in love with everything about the English game.

So everything I’ve gleaned from the comments they have made has always been absolutely positive.

14:10Key Event

How many new signings do you need?

Transfers next - have you identified any players and how many do you want to bring in?

For the moment we’re not intending to bring too many new faces in.

From my point of view the club currently have many players on the books who should remain.

In terms of the transfer process I get names from Victor Orta, I then give my opinion on them. If we arrive at an agreement and are on the same page moving forward, that’s when the process starts.

14:08

What can the players and fans expect?

He’s asked how he can implement his style of football and what the players and fans can expect.

I think we almost have an obligation of managers to do what we think is right. If we don’t believe then we can’t do it ourselves.

I believe that the players have enough ability about them to take on board what I tell them and can put this into practice on the field.

As regards what the fans can expect, I think they want the protagonists out there on the field, rather than talking about what might happen.

I want people to take the game by the scruff of the neck, want to win the game.

The fans will see the kind of football where the ball is on the floor. As we work the ball forward we will keep it on the ground.

They will see loyalty, faithfulness from the players in trying to do what we tell them out on the field.

This is the aim at this stage.

It’s all about learning how to deal with situations where you aren’t on top.

14:04

Why did he decide to join Leeds?

He’s first asked why Leeds and what they did to convince him to join.

It was a case of me convincing myself, no one had to convince me.

I was convinced by the strength of Leeds United as a club and institution and the possibilities of Leeds in a sporting sense.

I looked from a sporting point of view. Those things came about together to help me make my choice.

14:02

Here he is...

Andrea Radrizzani leads Marcelo Bielsa out.

The chairman wishes everyone well - dropping in a joke about the Costa del Yorkshire.

‘Marcelo had other options, but he has chased the dream of bringing Leeds United back to the Premier League.’

13:57

Plenty of people here...

This press conference could last a while.

13:54

Five minutes to go...

You get the impression that Bielsa is a punctual man, so get comfy chaps and chapesses, as we’ll be kicking off shortly.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Josch

Sv: Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa
« Svar #144 på: Juni 25, 2018, 18:49:28 »
Bielsa ble under introduksjonen av Radrizzani kalt "manager". Jeg kan ikke huske at PH og TC fikk denne tittelen. Noen her som leser noe ut av det? Er Bielsa noe mer enn en head coach?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #145 på: Juni 25, 2018, 18:53:47 »
Bielsa ble under introduksjonen av Radrizzani kalt "manager". Jeg kan ikke huske at PH og TC fikk denne tittelen. Noen her som leser noe ut av det? Er Bielsa noe mer enn en head coach?

Det var derfor jeg endret tittelen på emnet!

Jeg tror det ligger noe mer i dette. Radden sier at vi står foran en kulturendring i klubben. DEN tror jeg Bielsa står for: Marcelo-effekten!

« Siste redigering: Juni 25, 2018, 22:58:59 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #146 på: Juni 25, 2018, 19:00:23 »
Bielsa on what makes an ideal footballer: "Mental strength, technical ability, being intellegent enough to interpret different styles of play, physical strength and competitive spirit." #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #147 på: Juni 25, 2018, 19:04:56 »
Sløyden Bielsa:

MB: Por favor ayuda. Estoy siendo retenido contra mi voluntad.

Interpreter: I’m convinced that we will challenge for promotion this season.

#LUFC

Egentlige oversettelse:

MB: Por favor ayuda. Estoy siendo retenido contra mi voluntad.

MB: Vennligst hjelp. Jeg blir holdt mot min vilje.

#LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #148 på: Juni 25, 2018, 19:11:32 »
Moscowhite

Odd one on #LUFC board odd-man-out Ivan Bravo.

"Anyone knows prestige Bravo has, but I didn't get in contact w/him. I don't want to create any problem for him in future, but AR & Orta believed in me, & if it goes well it'll be down to me, if it goes badly it'll be down to them."

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #149 på: Juni 25, 2018, 19:14:58 »
Merkelig samling med folk.... Hvem er på flankene?

Min første Leeds-kamp: