Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa  (Lest 400430 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 4 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa
« Svar #360 på: August 04, 2018, 08:33:21 »
Emotion runs deep for Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa

Published: 07:02 Saturday 04 August 2018
United's head coach Marcelo Bielsa and translator Salim Lamrani.
United's head coach Marcelo Bielsa and translator Salim Lamrani.
Marcelo Bielsa has faced the media for only the second time since taking the Leeds job. He spoke about life at the club so far, the way he wants Leeds to play and how success is more important than money to him. Phil Hay reports.

In all their many weeks of contract talks, Marcelo Bielsa and Leeds United never once came to blows over money.

His salary – very high by Leeds’ standards if not by his own – was settled early on, an aspect of negotiations which required no haggling.

Emotion, Bielsa said yesterday, is worth more than hard cash, especially when you reach his age.

Now 63, Leeds are paying him well with a wage or more than £2m but in years to come he wants memories to go with it: the belonging he felt with Newell’s Old Boys, the public devotion he found at Athletic Bilbao and the maddening clamour of Marseille’s Stade Velodrome.

Tomorrow he will see how Elland Road compares to Marseille, when Leeds host Stoke City in his first competitive game as head coach.

Patrick Bamford
Patrick Bamford
Over time he hopes that this job – one of England’s most notoriously difficult – creates the emotional attachment he discovered elsewhere. Seven weeks in Yorkshire have given him the taste of a starved, expectant city.

This weekend it all starts; Bielsa and Leeds, a marriage which looked hopelessly ambitious before Leeds pulled it off.

The club are heavily invested in the Argentinian but the Argentinian is no less invested in them, embarking on what he said was “a search for strong emotions”.

“I always measure challenges with the emotion that was produced,” Bielsa said. “When I was head coach at Newell’s Old Boys, it was the happiest moment of my career. I worked also in Bilbao, which is unique, and in Marseille where it is impossible not to be moved by the atmosphere of the stadium.

At the end of the day what you remember with football is the emotions. You feel a lot better when you remember emotions than when you count money. Sometimes we learn this reality late.

Marcelo Bielsa
“In a nutshell, even if people think we work for money, football is a search for strong emotions. At the end of the day what you remember with football is the emotions. You feel a lot better when you remember emotions than when you count money. Sometimes we learn this reality late.

“The condition to work for emotion is to have money. But after you have enough money, emotions are a lot more important. I will hope it will be a fact that my work in Leeds is full of emotions.”

His pre-season has been meticulous, as intense and full-on as Bielsa’s summers tend to be.

In amongst the many hours spent at Thorp Arch – regularly 12 a day for his players – he has tried to teach himself about life around him. He confessed to being “worried” about the expectancy he encountered, the natural anxiety of wondering whether he could live up to all that Leeds demand of him.

Bielsa hails from Rosario in Argentina and, in his homeland, lives away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The greener parts of Yorkshire have reminded him of his countryside dwelling.

Earlier this month he was taken to the Great Yorkshire Show in Harrogate, a quintessential White Rose event. “I visited a fair and gathered many impressions of Yorkshire,” he said. “It was a big fair, with 60,000 people. This allowed me to get to know the region where I am now. In Argentina, I live in the countryside and there are many similarities with Yorkshire.

“The result of our work (in football) impacts on the senses of the people, and especially working-class people.

“Of course I feel a deep responsibility. I am a little bit worried about this. It is very important for me to be at the level of the expectancy.”

To reach it, Bielsa plans to throw the kitchen sink at what he finds in the Championship, fighting fire with fire and attacking at will.

Stoke are highly fancied in the Championship but Bielsa, in paying them due respect, admitted he had thought little about the ins and outs of Gary Rowett’s side. “The rival is interesting for me,” he said, “but I don’t consider details a priority.”

Instead, he will ask Leeds to play as his teams traditionally try to play. “I want to be a protagonist and I don’t want to speculate,” he said. “I want to play in the opponent’s (half) rather than ours. I like my team to attack and not defend. I take the risk to attack in small, reduced spaces and defend in big spaces. If we have to defend the goal, the idea is to go back on the attack as soon as possible.

“I prefer players who have creativity and I accept the risks you take when you build from the back but for each of my affirmations there is an opposite possibility and each is completely valid.

“I wouldn’t criticise a team who play long balls. I wouldn’t criticise anyone waiting instead of attacking. I wouldn’t criticise any team that plays hard rather than create. But what I like is what I’ve said. It doesn’t mean my philosophy is the best one.”

Stoke, before a ball has been kicked, have been singled out at the litmus test in the Championship, the team which any club winning the title might have to outrun. Tomorrow’s game is the pick of the opening weekend. A flurry of expensive signings were topped up this week by the arrival on loan of defender Ashley Williams from Everton, in time to play at Elland Road.

“It’s a strong rival,” Bielsa said, “but it would be risky to say they’re the most important rival. Sometimes what we imagine before the season starts doesn’t happen. It’s very hard to predict. I’m glad with all of the work we’ve done so far. But of course, we will have a better idea of the quality of our work once we get into the competition.”

Around him is a crackle of anticipation, derived from the realisation that Bielsa and Leeds could be the dream ticket or a short-lived, tempestuous affair. A protagonist, he calls himself, and England’s biggest one-club city needs one. It is not only Bielsa looking for emotion round here.

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

kjella

• Gjest
« Svar #361 på: August 04, 2018, 14:39:45 »
Likte veldig godt den med søppelsanking......avsnitt 2

The Guardian

Marcelo Bielsa takes charge of Leeds United for the first time against Stoke City on Sunday.

Marcelo Bielsa had a question. The new Leeds manager wanted to find out how hard the average supporter had to work to pay for a ticket to watch the team. How many hours did he or she have to put in? It was unclear what kind of calculations went into the answer but one was provided. It would be about three.

So the Argentinian called his players together and he told them that, for the next three hours, they would be picking up litter from around the club’s Thorp Arch training ground. He wanted them to learn a lesson; to appreciate how the fans laboured to fulfil their passion.

Leeds is a bigger club than I deserve, says manager Marcelo Bielsa. It was classic Bielsa on many levels, taking in his empathy for the worker, his fixation with discipline and team spirit and, above all, the quirkiness and unpredictability that has led to the “El Loco” nickname. The 63-year-old is not crazy. It is just that his obsessive nature, ferocious intensity, eccentricities and refusal to adhere to convention can make him seem that way.

When Bielsa strode into Leeds on 15 June to replace Paul Heckingbottom, it quickly became clear the club would never be the same again. The stories of Bielsa’s attention to detail are already legendary. He runs his forefinger across various surfaces at Thorp Arch to check for dust, invariably being appalled at what he finds, while he once inquired why there was a bootprint on a wall – about half a yard from the floor.

It was explained to him that, perhaps, it was the result of somebody leaning back against it, with his or her foot up. “That shows the person is not concentrated on their work! Unacceptable!” Bielsa exclaimed. Leeds have had and do have bigger problems than the odd dirty mark but this is Bielsa, the perfectionist, and this is how he intends to drag the club up by their bootlaces: little bit by little bit.

Bielsa checks all the surfaces at the Leeds training ground for dust, invariably appalled by what he finds
Leeds are often described as the deepest sleeping of England’s giants and their travails since relegation from the Premier League in 2004 are well-documented. The club have tried many things and gone through many managers yet the roll of the dice on Bielsa is arguably the most intriguing and exciting.

This, after all, is a former Argentina manager; a man who became a hero in Chile for his work with the national team; and somebody so revered at Newell’s Old Boys, his local club in Rosario and the first one he managed, 28 years ago, that they have named the stadium after him.

Bielsa has also taken charge of clubs in Mexico, Spain, France and Italy – although only briefly in the last of these. He walked out on Lazio after two days in 2016 because, to his mind, things were not right and he could feel it straight away. The drama somehow added a further layer to his maverick legend. The year before, he quit Marseille after the first game of his second season.

Bielsa is a mentor to some of the game’s leading managers, chiefly Pep Guardiola, Diego Simeone and Mauricio Pochettino, whom he took to Newell’s as a promising 14‑year‑old defender and set on the path to an international career.

Bielsa’s attention to detail has been unrivalled since his arrival at Leeds.

It was the idea of Victor Orta, the Leeds director of football, to consider Bielsa, and Andrea Radrizzani, the club’s owner, saw the merit in it; the intrinsic sense of boldness. Bielsa’s CV spoke for itself, as did his commitment to attacking football. He was also available, his previous job at Lille having ended quickly and badly in December 2017.

Bielsa was the No 1 candidate. After what amounted to a job interview in Buenos Aires with the managing director, Angus Kinnear, and Orta, he became the only candidate. Kinnear and Orta had wanted to know how well he knew the Championship. Bielsa delved into his copious notes and began his response by detailing the respective teams in formation from last season’s Burton v Bolton game.

Leeds asked Bielsa how well he knew the Championship. He knew every formation each team had used last season
Then, he went through every formation Burton and Bolton had used throughout the season and, after that, he did likewise for every other club in the division. Bielsa could say, for example, how many times a team had played 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. He had even calculated the probability for one formation to beat another. The story of how Kinnear and Orta reacted has gone around Elland Road. They are said to have looked at each other, shrugged and agreed it was a pretty good answer.

Leeds had a final obstacle to clear regarding a work permit because Bielsa had not worked often enough over the past few years. He needed to go down the FA’s exceptional talent route but he would receive exceptional backing, with Pochettino – following a request from Leeds to Tottenham – only too happy to write a letter of support.

Bielsa went before the FA’s expert panellists – the Portsmouth manager, Kenny Jackett, and the former Blackburn and England winger Stuart Ripley – and it is fair to say the outcome was not in doubt. Unlike Bielsa, neither Jackett nor Ripley has managed at a World Cup. Bielsa has brought eight members of staff with him to Elland Road and the club are paying them a collective £3m a year after tax.

Bielsa has made a typically radical impression. Previously, the first team and academy players shared the same areas at Thorp Arch but no more. Having studied the architectural drawings, Bielsa demanded the first team be granted their own private space and that a dormitory and games room be created for them.

Bielsa has led two different countries at World Cups: Argentina in 2002 and Chile in 2010.
He has stressed the training ground is a place of work and the players are there to work all day. They are in at 9am and stay until seven or eight in the evening – quite a departure from the lunchtime finishes of old. The training is gruelling, mentally and physically, with an emphasis on one-on-one coaching. They will break for lunch and a siesta at the new sleeping quarters.

Bielsa has had a bed installed in his office. The amount of time he spends within its four walls, poring over videos, is remarkable. His approach to match preparation – and everything else – pushes the boundaries of total immersion.

Leeds’s appointment of Bielsa has had the feel of a coup. The reality of the club’s situation, with recently relegated rivals still receiving parachute payments and the financial fair play rules hemming United in, means they have needed to seek a creative solution.

Bielsa is it. The hierarchy believe he offers a competitive advantage in terms of knowledge, experience and patented tactical approach, which is characterised by a three‑man defence, extreme width, aggressive pressing, risk-taking, constant movement and relentless physical effort. The statistics show the players ran more, on average, across their six pre-season games than they did in league matches last season.

The Bielsa factor, along with his contacts, was also intended to help with transfers and there has been evidence it has been the case. Guardiola suggested Bielsa take the England Under-21 winger Jack Harrison on loan from Manchester City, which he did, while the Chelsea midfielder Lewis Baker, who was chased by several clubs, took a significant pay cut to join on loan because he wanted to play for Bielsa.

The anticipation has built around Sunday’s opener at home to Stoke but it is undercut by a number of concerns. Can the players cope with Bielsa’s demands over 46 games? Will he adapt to the Championship? Are his best and most innovative days behind him? Will there be conflict, which has been a theme of his career?

It feels as though this could go very well or very badly. Then again, Leeds is not a place for the middle ground.
« Siste redigering: August 04, 2018, 15:17:15 av Promotion 2010 »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #362 på: August 04, 2018, 15:18:10 »
Bare for å plukke ut et avsnitt til:

Leeds had a final obstacle to clear regarding a work permit because Bielsa had not worked often enough over the past few years. He needed to go down the FA’s exceptional talent route but he would receive exceptional backing, with Pochettino – following a request from Leeds to Tottenham – only too happy to write a letter of support.

Bielsa went before the FA’s expert panellists – the Portsmouth manager, Kenny Jackett, and the former Blackburn and England winger Stuart Ripley – and it is fair to say the outcome was not in doubt. Unlike Bielsa, neither Jackett nor Ripley has managed at a World Cup. Bielsa has brought eight members of staff with him to Elland Road and the club are paying them a collective £3m a year after tax.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #363 på: August 04, 2018, 15:39:47 »
Enda et avsnitt:

The hierarchy believe he offers a competitive advantage in terms of knowledge, experience and patented tactical approach, which is characterised by a three‑man defence, extreme width, aggressive pressing, risk-taking, constant movement and relentless physical effort. The statistics show the players ran more, on average, across their six pre-season games than they did in league matches last season.

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Square Ball

« Svar #364 på: August 04, 2018, 21:15:36 »
Etter og hørt, sett Bielsa kan det det konkluderes med at vi bare to ganger tidligere i historien har hatt
managere på nivå to som kan ligne på det vi opplever nå.Nemlig Revie og Wilkinson.Disse hadde og intelligens,
fotballfilosofi,gameplan og integritet.Gjenstår bare og se om Bielsa klarer det samme.Har trua.Kun handlet inn
britiske spillere med erfaring i championship,tror vi handler 2 til 3 spillere til

Promotion 2010

« Svar #365 på: August 04, 2018, 21:59:47 »
Etter og hørt, sett Bielsa kan det det konkluderes med at vi bare to ganger tidligere i historien har hatt
managere på nivå to som kan ligne på det vi opplever nå.Nemlig Revie og Wilkinson.Disse hadde og intelligens,
fotballfilosofi,gameplan og integritet.Gjenstår bare og se om Bielsa klarer det samme.Har trua.Kun handlet inn
britiske spillere med erfaring i championship,tror vi handler 2 til 3 spillere til

Jeg plusser på med George Graham som la fundamentet for laget til DOL.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Runar

« Svar #366 på: August 04, 2018, 22:27:08 »

Historieløst og direkte feil - Jock Stein - Brian Clough?

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #367 på: August 04, 2018, 22:39:04 »
Bielsa-for en mann!
Jeg håper han får arbeidsro  :)
Måtte alle guder sørge for suksess for Bielsa og Leeds!!!

Josch

« Svar #368 på: August 04, 2018, 23:16:08 »

Helt klart. Jock Stein og Clough var større navn enn Wilkinson da de tre ble ansatt. Og Stein er et større navn enn Graham. Faktisk utrolig at Leeds fikk tak i Jock Stein. Han er legende og Fergusons mentor. Men han tok landslaget da tilbudet kom.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #369 på: August 04, 2018, 23:22:46 »

Helt klart. Jock Stein og Clough var større navn enn Wilkinson da de tre ble ansatt. Og Stein er et større navn enn Graham. Faktisk utrolig at Leeds fikk tak i Jock Stein. Han er legende og Fergusons mentor. Men han tok landslaget da tilbudet kom.

Vi holder oss til legende-status og da har vi bare Revie og Wilkinson! Graham var god i Arsenal og viktig for Leeds. Clough var en flau opplevelse. Han hatet Leeds og spillerne. Talentløs approach! Stein var kun i klubben 45 dager før han valgte å-dø-for-Skotland! Neppe Leedshelt han heller!

Marcelo Bielsa VET han kan bli en del Leeds-folkloren langt inn i historien - hvis han lykkes! Jeg tror dette driver ham! Gleder meg til å gi ham legendestatus i denne tråden om et par år!  ;)

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #370 på: August 04, 2018, 23:22:51 »
Bielsa-for en mann!

Tar det for gitt at Radrizzani vet hva han har fått. Spørsmålet er jo hva fansen sier hvis vi får en dårlig start på sesongen, og om Rad gir etter for press.
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #371 på: August 04, 2018, 23:26:10 »
Bielsa-for en mann!

Tar det for gitt at Radrizzani vet hva han har fått. Spørsmålet er jo hva fansen sier hvis vi får en dårlig start på sesongen, og om Rad gir etter for press.

Jeg ber: En midtbanespiller med arbeidskapasitet og mål i seg! Enstopper i landslagsklasse og en reservespiss!!!

Da går vi opp!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #372 på: August 04, 2018, 23:28:28 »
Bielsa-for en mann!

Jeg ber: En midtbanespiller med arbeidskapasitet og mål i seg! Enstopper i landslagsklasse og en reservespiss!!!

Da går vi opp!

Alt er mulig!   :)
Super Leeds since 1968

Jon R

« Svar #373 på: August 05, 2018, 00:06:43 »
managere på nivå to
som kan ligne på det vi opplever nå.Nemlig Revie og Wilkinson.Disse hadde og intelligens,

Vil heller si at det er historieløst å nevne de to navnene. De ledet Leeds på nivå 1, ikke nivå to som Square Ball skriver om her.  ;)
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #374 på: August 05, 2018, 09:01:00 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #375 på: August 05, 2018, 13:22:15 »

Marcelo Bielsa makes his eagerly-awaited Leeds bow on Sunday with a home Sky Bet Championship game against Stoke, live on Sky Sports.

Advertisement
The Argentine is revered for his coaching philosophy that has brought about success and inspired several other managers. But he is also sometimes outspoken and did not last long in his previous two jobs with Lazio and Lille.

Ahead of his first game in charge of Leeds, we get insight from those who know Bielsa and those who are getting to know him at Elland Road...

'Leeds fans are in for a treat'

Spanish football expert Guillem Balague

"His teams have to attack, attack, attack. And when they lose the ball they have to recover it as soon as possible. This sounds quite familiar now, but he was one of the original ones doing this, which is why he is a little bit of guru. He applied a new way of thinking about the game.

WATCH: Leading Leeds United

"I think it's very unfair that he is called 'El Loco'. He is not crazy. He thinks of things in a different way and is eccentric in the way he relates to people and the game, and he is absolutely extraordinary in the way he approached the job at Leeds. He watched all Leeds games, but not just Leeds games, games from all the teams in the Championship to get to know players and teams and their ways of playing. He was then explaining how Leeds have been playing and how he could make them better.

Advertisement

This is a limited version of the story so unfortunately this content is not available.
Open the full version

"He does right in leaving early - as he did at Lazio and Lille - if he feels he is not going to be understood. I have the impression that there are enough people there who understand what he is trying to do.

"Leeds have taken a risk, there is no doubt after it. Leeds fans have to understand what is being done so they have to be pro-active in their approach to the game and enjoy the journey. It's not just seeing the result, try to understand why things happen, and he will explain. Leeds fans are in for a treat. It is the kind of approach that can take a while to settle."

'It was his way to test me'

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani

"He didn't pick up the call so we left a voicemail. When we called the next day he had already watched seven Leeds games. That was a good sign. He asked to have the opportunity to meet me in Argentina, which I think was also a way to test me to see if I was really keen. I took the plane to Argentina for 24 hours. It was a good day, we spent about 10 hours in the meeting room, learning about his mentality and his philosophy of football."

'He had drawings of the training ground'

Leeds managing director Angus Kinnear

"He has made a massive impact in a very short time and it has been felt through all levels of the club in terms of the standards he has imposed. I don't think I've met a manager, aside from Arsene Wenger, who is so clear on their football philosophy and so definitive with what they want. He is very demanding, there is definitely a sense around the training ground that he is not a man to be messed with.

New Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa during a press conference at Elland Road
"One of the unusual things in the interview process was he had drawings of the whole training ground and he had updated them with how he thought the training ground had to work from a technical perspective to work with his football philosophy."

'The project is like Wolves'

Leeds winger Stuart Dallas: "He wants us to play quick, attacking football but also be aggressive when we are defending, on the front foot, first and second balls, and press high up the pitch. The boys have bought into it."

New signing Barry Douglas: "The project here is similar to what was happening at Wolves last season and that's very exciting. The way the manager is speaking about playing is going to suit me down to a T so hopefully we can complement each other and have success together.

Barry Douglas has joined Leeds from Wolves
New signing Patrick Bamford: "I could see the project. I knew Victor Orta [Leeds director of football] from his time at Middlesbrough and he explained the philosophy and the idea behind bringing the new manager in and the kind of football they wanted to achieve and that sold it to be straight away."

Jack Harrison, on loan at Leeds from Manchester City: "It seemed like a great opportunity to work with Marcelo. I have heard a bit about him and spoken with Pep about him and it's interesting to see the similarities between their ideas and philosophies.

'It will be a big challenge'

Tottenham head coach Mauricio Pochettino, who played under Bielsa at Newell's Old Boys, Espanyol and Argentina.

"Marcelo is a great coach. I wish all the best to him. It will be tough to adapt his methodology to Leeds because he needs time. It will be a big challenge for him and he deserves to be in one of the best leagues. Of course Leeds is a big club and I hope that he brings Leeds to the Premier League and will be a fantastic success.

"I can talk very well about Marcelo because I know him from the age of 13. No-one can talk about him better, and that is a privilege to share a lot of years together with him. He was my coach for many years at different clubs. He will bring his football and his character and personality and I wish him all the best."

Bielsa worked with Pochettino (2nd from left) as Argentina coach
'He discovered Poch while he was sleeping'

Spanish football expert Guillem Balague

"Marcelo Bielsa discovered Mauricio Pochettino when he was asleep. There's a famous story that Bielsa decided with the technical director of Newell's Old Boys that they wanted the best youth around and they would travel everywhere in Argentina looking for talent.

"They did trials in the area where Pochettino lived and he couldn't make it. Somebody said afterwards 'you've haven't seen the best player, this centre-back who is 14 or 15'. It was 1am but Bielsa said let's go and they got to his house very late and knocked at the door. Pochettino's mum answered and then his dad, and Bielsa said 'we just want to see your son.'

"'Where is he? Sleeping? Can we see him?' 'Yes, this is the bedroom'…Bielsa says can I see his legs, so the blanket was moved around, and he says 'yes, a footballer's legs, he will be an international'.

Marcelo Bielsa discovered Mauricio Pochettino when he was asleep.
Guillem Balague
"Pochettino had no idea about this but went to a trial because he realised Bielsa wanted him. After five minutes at the trial Bielsa said 'OK, you can go'. Bielsa said go to the offices of Newell's Old Boys and sign for us.

"In the period between when he retired as a player and became a coach, Pep Guardiola travelled to Argentina and sat in Bielsa's villa, talking non-stop for 11 hours. They went through football, to the cinema, to arts, back to football. From that they developed a respect for each other which you can see when they talk about each other."

Watch Leeds v Stoke live on Sky Sports Football from 3.30pm on Sunday
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #376 på: August 05, 2018, 13:35:38 »
Bielsas filosofi er ikke særlig revolusjonerende lenger. Det er utallige trenere som har kopiert og videreutviklet den. Det er nok først og fremst implementering av en Bielsakultur vi skal feste vår lit til, dvs at et langtidsperspektiv er veldig sentralt her. Jeg tror dessverre at alle de som forventer en revolusjon og opprykk denne sesongen blir skuffet. Kanskje neste esong, eller den som kommer etter.

*EVOLUSJON, IKKE REVOLUSJON *
Jon R.

jokern

« Svar #377 på: August 05, 2018, 13:42:11 »
« Siste redigering: August 05, 2018, 13:45:31 av jokern »

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #378 på: August 05, 2018, 13:45:01 »
Bielsas filosofi er ikke særlig revolusjonerende lenger. Det er utallige trenere som har kopiert og videreutviklet den. Det er nok først og fremst implementering av en Bielsakultur vi skal feste vår lit til, dvs at et langtidsperspektiv er veldig sentralt her. Jeg tror dessverre at alle de som forventer en revolusjon og opprykk denne sesongen blir skuffet. Kanskje neste esong, eller den som kommer etter.

Tja..det er jo lag med dårligere stall enn oss som har rykket opp til PL? Blackpool, Burnley og ikke minst Derby som satte negativ poengrekord i PL sesongen etter opprykk. Flyt, stang inn, og treneraura betyr litt... er positiv for første gang på mange år..

Runar

« Svar #379 på: August 05, 2018, 14:08:20 »

Men neppe i Championship?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #380 på: August 05, 2018, 14:48:44 »
El Loco  8)

https://www.tv2.no/sport/10004274/

Et viktig tillegg her:
«Senere gikk ferden til Lazio. Der trakk han seg etter kun to dager i klubben ettersom han var misfornøyd med manglende signeringer. 18 spillere hadde nemlig forlatt klubben ved sesongslutt.»

Jeg tror de fleste hadde sagt opp på et slikt grunnlag om ikke fullgode erstattere ble satt inn!

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Eriksen55

« Svar #381 på: August 05, 2018, 15:02:50 »

Tja..det er jo lag med dårligere stall enn oss som har rykket opp til PL? Blackpool, Burnley og ikke minst Derby som satte negativ poengrekord i PL sesongen etter opprykk. Flyt, stang inn, og treneraura betyr litt... er positiv for første gang på mange år..

Alt dette henger sammen ja. Man gjør seg fortjent til flaks. Innsats slår klasse!  Hardt arbeid er noe vi får med Bielsa. Vi får en gjeng som har trua på og er villige til å ofre alt for klubb og trener. Helt enig  :)

Eriksen55

« Svar #382 på: August 05, 2018, 15:08:19 »
El Loco  8)

https://www.tv2.no/sport/10004274/

Et viktig tillegg her:
«Senere gikk ferden til Lazio. Der trakk han seg etter kun to dager i klubben ettersom han var misfornøyd med manglende signeringer. 18 spillere hadde nemlig forlatt klubben ved sesongslutt.»

Jeg tror de fleste hadde sagt opp på et slikt grunnlag om ikke fullgode erstattere ble satt inn!

Leste en artikkel angående dette. Stallen skulle slankes, mye daukjøtt. Han ble lovet nye spillere, men ingen hadde sagt at det skulle finansieres med å selge de beste. Han ble løyet til. Han er ikke en som stikker uten grunn eller fordi han ikke får det som han vil.

stian

« Svar #383 på: August 05, 2018, 15:33:30 »

Enig! Hvis nysigneringene slår til og laget kommer i flytsonen er alt mulig. Hvis Bielsastilen fungerer fra dag 1 kan det til og med hende at en notorisk målscorer trer frem fra stallen vi har per i dag (Bamford, Roofe, Roberts).

Det som bekymrer meg litt med Bielsas stil er det flere har vært inne på tidligere: det er en intens spillestil som er krevende å holde gående i 46 kamper med en stall som kanskje mangler litt bredde.

Jon R

« Svar #384 på: August 05, 2018, 15:39:19 »
Bare for å presisere: Jeg sier ikke at opprykk er umulig denne sesongen,  jeg tror bare det er veldig sannsynlig at minst tre klubber er sterkere enn oss.
Jon R.

Eriksen55

« Svar #385 på: August 05, 2018, 15:44:41 »
Bare for å presisere: Jeg sier ikke at opprykk er umulig denne sesongen,  jeg tror bare det er veldig sannsynlig at minst tre klubber er sterkere enn oss.

Tror du har rett i det. Det tar tid å bygge opp igjen en klubb. Jeg ser PL i det fjerne. Kanskje det er like greit å skynde seg sakte, at klubben er bedre rustet om to-tre år?

Jeg er fornøyd med solid fremgang og et lag som jobber knallhardt hver eneste kamp. Et lag som selv på dårlige dager fremstår samlet med bra innsats. Bare det er enorm fremgang...

stian

« Svar #386 på: August 05, 2018, 15:51:12 »

Joda - Stoke, Derby, Swansea, Boro, Forest og kanskje Brentford blir alle vanskelige å hamle opp med. Ut fra signeringer og historikk blir det tøft for Leeds å rykke opp, men som DHY er inne på kan vi med maks flyt blande oss inn helt i toppen.

Sydhagen

« Svar #387 på: August 05, 2018, 18:23:50 »
❤️Bielsa❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Josch

« Svar #388 på: August 05, 2018, 20:20:55 »
Hvis dette (som mot Stoke) fortsetter så har Rad truffet med headcoachen denne gangen. Hvis spillerene følger Bielsas taktikk så kommer vi meget høyt på tabellen . Vi banket faktisk Stoke, seriefavoritten. Husk at vi spilte med samme lag som PH hadde!! Plutselig var "alle" gode!! Uten Pontus og Bamford.

Med Bielsa som trener trenger vi ikke kjempedyre spillere. Vi trenger ok spillere som gjør som Bielsa sier. Kravet om kvalitet på spillerene er ikke så prekært lenger når taktikeren Bielsa er kommet til Leeds.

Jeg sa riktignok at PH ikke fikk nok ut av mannskapet (for dårlig coach) , men jeg hadde aldri trodd det bodde SÃ… mye i disse spillerne!!

Sydhagen

« Svar #389 på: August 05, 2018, 20:24:29 »
Hvis dette (som mot Stoke) fortsetter så har Rad truffet med headcoachen denne gangen. Hvis spillerene følger Bielsas taktikk så kommer vi meget høyt på tabellen . Vi banket faktisk Stoke, seriefavoritten. Husk at vi spilte med samme lag som PH hadde!! Plutselig var "alle" gode!! Uten Pontus og Bamford.

Med Bielsa som trener trenger vi ikke kjempedyre spillere. Vi trenger ok spillere som gjør som Bielsa sier. Kravet om kvalitet på spillerene er ikke så prekært lenger når taktikeren Bielsa er kommet til Leeds.

Jeg sa riktignok at PH ikke fikk nok ut av mannskapet (for dårlig coach) , men jeg hadde aldri trodd det bodde SÃ… mye i disse spillerne!!

Helt enig.
Dette var rett og slett sensasjonelt bra i forhold til forventningene!
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."