Skrevet av Emne: Sesongen i Championship - 2018-19  (Lest 180192 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Sesongen i Championship - 2018-19
« Svar #480 på: Januar 15, 2019, 19:23:26 »
James Marshment

#LUFC record against (current) bottom 6 this season:

Played 6
Won 5
Drawn 1
Lost 0
For 9
Against 2

Still to play: Wigan (h), Millwall (h) Rotherham (a) Reading (a) Bolton (h) Ipswich (a)

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #481 på: Januar 16, 2019, 21:33:41 »
Leeds reduserer antallet billetter members kan kjøpe på hjemmekampene fra 9 til 4, samt at Gold Members får prioritet fremfor Silver.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/24406/home-ticket-sale-changes

HOME TICKET SALE CHANGES

Alterations for Members.
Leeds United will be making changes to the way home match tickets are sold from the Bolton Wanderers game on Saturday 23rd February 2019 until the end of the season.
Demand for tickets at home matches has been significant this season and after tickets for our game with Norwich City sold out to Members & Season Ticket Holders in less than two hours, the club have decided to make amendments to the sales pattern, in line with point 8 of our Membership terms and conditions detailed below:

8. Membership does not guarantee home tickets. Members have a priority booking period for home games. For high profile home fixtures, tickets may be sold in the following order of priority; Platinum and Gold Members followed by Silver Members. The number of tickets available to purchase may be restricted.
From the Bolton Wanderers match onwards, tickets will go on sale to Platinum Members, Gold Members & Season Ticket Holders on a first come first served basis, then to Silver Members (subject to availability). If any tickets remain, tickets will then be released for general sale.

In order to try and give more fans the opportunity to purchase tickets, the maximum number of tickets available to purchase will be reduced from nine to four.
This means that Members can purchase four tickets and Season Ticket Holders will be able to purchase an extra three tickets in addition to their Season Ticket.

Ticket sale dates will be announced in due course.
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #482 på: Januar 17, 2019, 11:32:51 »
Phil Hay's Column: Leeds United and Kiko Casilla - a signing for today, with a glance to a better future tomorrow

Phil Hay
Published: 13:45 Wednesday 16 January 2019
 Real Madrid goalkeeper Kiko Casilla, who is undergoing a medical at Leeds United.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Kiko Casilla, who is undergoing a medical at Leeds United.
Manchester City roll in astronomical wealth and the fact that Pep Guardiola considers Ruben Neves to be out of his price range tells a story about how ready Wolverhampton Wanderers were for the Premier League. Neves was a freak in the Championship, a player worth more than many of the clubs in it, and Wolves’ transition from one division to the other has been a relatively seamless shift.

Transition is the watchword for promoted squads and a process which can make a coach as admired as Slavisa Jokanovic was in the Championship (and still is, to gauge by Stoke City’s attempt to court him) redundant before Christmas. Most Championship clubs lack the depth of pocket to carry assets like Neves and the risk of making signings in preparation for promotion is the cost of excessive wages if promotion goes sideways. Neves is an elite athlete. The average Premier League footballer in the Championship is defined as such on the basis that he once played at that level.

Leeds United have been outside the marquee for too long to be carrying any wage-bill legacies from time in the company of England’s glitterati and promotion this season would expose their squad to a brave new world. Marcelo Bielsa has four players with Premier League appearances behind them, and three if he discounts one who isn’t his in Izzy Brown. They have 82 starts between them, 74 of which can be apportioned to Pablo Hernandez and Adam Forshaw. Patrick Bamford was in and out briefly with Crystal Palace, Burnley, Norwich City and Middlesbrough, so briefly that a full year there will still be on his bucket list.

Knowledge of a division carries an irregular value, as Leeds found out when they tried to use Neil Warnock to crack the Championship in the way that he has with almost every other club who employed him, and the mess that Fulham are making of £100m-worth of signings is a warning against the impulse of gutting a settled team on the basis of doubts about their ability to cope, but in taking this Leeds squad up, Marcelo Bielsa would have little more than his own coaching brain to judge their suitability for the Premier League.

Kiko Casilla, the Real Madrid goalkeeper who Leeds intend to sign this week, has never played a Premier League game in his life. He has never set foot in an English club and he has never played anywhere other than Spain but for the duration of his career he has mixed in the right circles: La Liga, the Champions League and short-term exposure to international football with the Spanish squad in 2014. Keepers and left-backs have brought the worst out of Leeds’ scouting department in the past decade but the club would be wholly disappointed to sign Casilla, only to discover what looked like a top-flight transfer was in fact an illusion.

There was another alternative in this transfer window, the alternative which Leeds have been falling back on with awful levels of success throughout their open-ended stay in the Championship. A loanee would have given Bielsa an alternative to Bailey Peacock-Farrell for the second half of the season, potentially adequate for helping Leeds finish it off in the way they want, and Karl Darlow was that option; a £4m-rated player who United made inroads with around Christmas but were not prepared to pay so much for.

Darlow has won the Championship title before and, behind a defence which tends to give Bielsa’s keeper a minimal amount of work to do anyway, might have been a dependable pair of hands. But promoted or not, a stopgap would have left Leeds in the position of having no contracted number one in the summer. Casilla, if he signs, will join permanently on a substantial wage but a salary which United can factor into their financial structure by virtue of avoiding the payment of any fee to Real Madrid. He is affordable in the Championship but, quite plainly, a keeper who Leeds would expect to serve them competently in the Premier League next season. A signing for today and a signing for tomorrow, as opposed to one or the other.

The accuracy of that perception depends on Casilla settling and floating Bielsa’s boat when the Argentinian shows him how Bielsa-ball really works. Casilla was a regular with Espanyol for the best part of three years, under Mauricio Pochettino for a while, but he has been an understudy at the Bernabeu since 2015. Any transition for him will begin first with swapping La Liga for the Championship but the transfer was expressly approved by Bielsa. He analysed Casilla, saw what he needed in him and told Leeds to start the car. As his rapid split of the wheat and the chaff at Thorp Arch last summer demonstrated, Bielsa is good at knowing which players fit.

With that appreciation of ability, he will know already which members of his squad could cut it in the Premier League if he and Leeds cross the Rubicon in May but the club are savvy in serving up signings which look prepped to play there at face value. Minus the money which Wolves possess, a team in United’s league position in January have to find the middle ground between pushing the boat out excessively and gambling too safely. The club cannot count chickens yet but they can mitigate the size of the jump they are trying to take by actively preparing for it.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

brenaldo

« Svar #483 på: Januar 18, 2019, 14:04:08 »
Norwich - Birmingham i kveld, håper på borteseier.
Medlem nr. 850

raggen

« Svar #484 på: Januar 18, 2019, 21:38:22 »

3-1 til Pause så tror den blir vanskelig :-\
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

RoarG

« Svar #485 på: Januar 18, 2019, 22:40:19 »

3-1 til Pause så tror den blir vanskelig :-\
Norwich vant 3-1. Må slå Stoke.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Reaney

« Svar #486 på: Januar 18, 2019, 22:52:52 »
Sack Gary Monk.

RoarG

« Svar #487 på: Januar 18, 2019, 22:59:57 »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

auren

« Svar #488 på: Januar 19, 2019, 19:57:00 »
Jaaaaa! 1-0 til svanene!!!

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

RoarG

« Svar #489 på: Januar 19, 2019, 20:14:36 »
Jaaaaa! 1-0 til svanene!!!

auren
;D

auren

« Svar #490 på: Januar 19, 2019, 20:27:36 »
Jadda! Swansea vinner og vi har fortsatt 4 poengs luke til 3. plassen!

auren

Hallgeir *

« Svar #491 på: Januar 19, 2019, 20:33:27 »
Jadda! Swansea vinner og vi har fortsatt 4 poengs luke til 3. plassen!

auren

Flott resultat for oss.  8)
Super Leeds since 1968

raggen

« Svar #492 på: Januar 19, 2019, 20:38:12 »
fint resultat for oss men vil ikke vi skal være avhengig av andre på og rykke opp. tenk for ei luke hadde vi vunnet. men en jevn liga hvor alle slår alle og utrolig jevnt fra 1-7 plass så skiller det 10 poeng
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

auren

« Svar #493 på: Januar 19, 2019, 20:48:45 »
fint resultat for oss men vil ikke vi skal være avhengig av andre på og rykke opp. tenk for ei luke hadde vi vunnet. men en jevn liga hvor alle slår alle og utrolig jevnt fra 1-7 plass så skiller det 10 poeng

Revnende likegyldig til hvordan vi rykker opp. Om vi vinner eller taper må vi jo alltid håpe at våre nærmeste konkurrenter gjør det så dårlig som mulig. Dagens tap blir litt lettere å svelge når det fortsatt er 4 poeng ned enn kontra kun 1.

Vi skal spille mange tøffe kamper de neste rundene, så nå trenger vi virkelig de beste tilbake! Om 2 uker spiller vi hjemme mot Norwich! Norwich, som møter The Blades neste helg.

auren

GeirO

« Svar #494 på: Januar 19, 2019, 21:03:20 »
Fin helg for Norwich.
MOT

Andersen

« Svar #495 på: Januar 19, 2019, 21:04:16 »
Fint resultat , at Swansea slo Sheffield U i kveld så får vi bare slå tilbake i neste kamp . MOT

RoarG

« Svar #496 på: Januar 19, 2019, 21:06:27 »
Fint resultat , at Swansea slo Sheffield U i kveld så får vi bare slå tilbake i neste kamp . MOT
Så lenge vi gjør jobben selv, kan de andre gjøre hva de vil. Det er fordelen med å lede.

Josch

« Svar #497 på: Januar 19, 2019, 21:18:25 »
Jeg har ikke noe tro på Sheff U. De blir ikke vår rival om opprykk. De sprekker akkurat som i fjor når det blir alvor. Norwich, WBA og Boro blir de farligste for oss om direkte opprykk. De har bedre kvalitet, stall, trener og tradisjon for opprykk. Erfaring blir viktig når dette avgjøres.

auren

« Svar #498 på: Januar 19, 2019, 21:25:37 »
Vel. Vi pleier jo også å sprekke, har tynn stall og ikke den store erfaringen med opprykk. Blir spennende å se om vi klarer å snu den negative trenden nå med mye tap de siste kampene. Tøffe kamper venter på rekke og rad etter Rham neste helg:

Norwich (h)
Boro (b)
Swansea (h)
QPR (b)
Bolton (h)
WBA (h)
Bristol City (b)

auren

RoarG

« Svar #499 på: Januar 19, 2019, 21:47:00 »
Vel. Vi pleier jo også å sprekke, har tynn stall og ikke den store erfaringen med opprykk. Blir spennende å se om vi klarer å snu den negative trenden nå med mye tap de siste kampene. Tøffe kamper venter på rekke og rad etter Rham neste helg:

Norwich (h)
Boro (b)
Swansea (h)
QPR (b)
Bolton (h)
WBA (h)
Bristol City (b)

auren
Den lista der skremmer ikke meg. Alle kan slå alle i denne divisjonen.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #500 på: Januar 20, 2019, 09:56:40 »
Reiser vi oss igjen, eller er vi ferdige?
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #501 på: Januar 20, 2019, 10:03:27 »

Spillet denne sesongen viser at vi kommer til å reise oss igjen. Men om det er nok til direkte opprykk er jeg ikke så sikker på. Vi har hatt en svært tynn benk i en måned og to, og det fikk vi skikkelig svi for i går. Med 1-2 nye spillere inn portene og flere tilbake etter skade, vil vi være godt rustet til de avgjørende kampene som kommer utover februar og mars. Vi får krysse fingrene for at vi blir mindre skadeutsatt og at spionering har en så forsvinnende liten betydning som Bielsa hevder. Jeg tror vi har hatt en fordel av dette i våre 27 første kamper.

auren

Promotion 2010

« Svar #502 på: Januar 20, 2019, 10:19:03 »

Spillet denne sesongen viser at vi kommer til å reise oss igjen. Men om det er nok til direkte opprykk er jeg ikke så sikker på. Vi har hatt en svært tynn benk i en måned og to, og det fikk vi skikkelig svi for i går. Med 1-2 nye spillere inn portene og flere tilbake etter skade, vil vi være godt rustet til de avgjørende kampene som kommer utover februar og mars. Vi får krysse fingrene for at vi blir mindre skadeutsatt og at spionering har en så forsvinnende liten betydning som Bielsa hevder. Jeg tror vi har hatt en fordel av dette i våre 27 første kamper.

auren

3 poeng av de siste 12 er en trend som må snus i hvert fall!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #503 på: Januar 20, 2019, 11:26:31 »
Alex, holder motet oppe....

A tough defeat to take yesterday but our own fault.

18 league games left.
11 vs teams in the bottom half.
9 at home with 3 of these being against 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
New keeper and injured players to come back.

I'm still confident. We're in a great position. #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Reaney

« Svar #504 på: Januar 20, 2019, 11:54:12 »
Etter 25 kamper hadde vi 51 poeng. Gledelig og utrolig sterkt. Etter Hull tapet, skrev jeg rett over nyttår at siste halvdel av sesongen kom til å bli adskillig tøffere, og at vi nok måtte belage oss på færre poeng i 2019. Jeg så det som realistisk at vi sanket 30 poeng til, fordelt på 8 seire 6 uavgjort og 7 tap, noe som vil gi 81 poeng og max Play Offs. Status etter dette er 1 - 0 - 2. I gjennomsnitt ett poeng pr. kamp. Med andre ord, enda dårligere enn min hypotese.

RoarG

« Svar #505 på: Januar 20, 2019, 11:55:54 »
Etter 25 kamper hadde vi 51 poeng. Gledelig og utrolig sterkt. Etter Hull tapet, skrev jeg rett over nyttår at siste halvdel av sesongen kom til å bli adskillig tøffere, og at vi nok måtte belage oss på færre poeng i 2019. Jeg så det som realistisk at vi sanket 30 poeng til, fordelt på 8 seire 6 uavgjort og 7 tap, noe som vil gi 81 poeng og max Play Offs. Status etter dette er 1 - 0 - 2. I gjennomsnitt ett poeng pr. kamp. med andre ord, enda dårligere enn forventet.
Litt lite utvalg for å trekke noen slutninger av. Vent etter 3 kamper til.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #506 på: Januar 20, 2019, 11:56:52 »

REMAINING FIXTURES; #LUFC

HOME GAMES;
Norwich, Swansea, Bolton, West Brom, Sheffield Utd. Millwall, Sheffield Wed, Wigan, Aston Villa.

AWAY GAMES;
Stoke, Rotherham, Middlesbrough, QPR, Bristol City, Reading, Birmingham City, Preston, Brentford, Ipswich.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #507 på: Januar 20, 2019, 12:03:33 »

HOME GAMES;
Norwich, Swansea, Bolton, West Brom, Sheffield Utd. Millwall, Sheffield Wed, Wigan, Aston Villa.

AWAY GAMES;
Stoke, Rotherham, Middlesbrough, QPR, Bristol City, Reading, Birmingham City, Preston, Brentford, Ipswich.
Så:
Hjemmepoeng: 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 19
Bortepoeng    : 0, 3, 1, 1, 0, 3, 1, 3, 0, 3 = 15
Totalt:                                                 34
Ender på 88 poeng. Enten nr. 2 eller 3.

HåvardK

« Svar #508 på: Januar 20, 2019, 12:35:54 »

HOME GAMES;

AWAY GAMES;
Så:
Før poengtrekk, that is.

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #509 på: Januar 20, 2019, 12:47:14 »

HOME GAMES;

AWAY GAMES;
Så:
Før poengtrekk, that is.

Er det etter at FA har bestemt at Leeds skal starte alle kampene med 0 - 2 i målprotokoll