Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Robbie Gotts  (Lest 6624 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ex-spiller: Robbie Gotts
« på: Oktober 01, 2018, 19:02:59 »
En artikkel fra 2007:

Could Robbie be Harrogate's junior answer to Wayne Rooney?

BUSTLING little Robbie Gotts - already dubbed a junior version of Wayne Rooney - had coaches looking on agog as he emerged a star performer in a junior soccer tournament.

Published: 17:26 Thursday 08 March 2007
Robbie was the smallest lad among more than 100 players taking part in a Leeds United Invitation six-a-side tournament at Leeds.

But when it came to sharpshooting Robbie netted 15 goals as his Harrogate-based Pannal Ash under-7s went on to win the championship - with rosy-cheeked Robbie taking top billing.

Team coach Cliff Trotter said: "I've been coaching lads for more than 30 years and have seen many talented youngsters. Some have gone on to play for professional clubs but I've never seen anyone quite like little Robbie.

"He plays against much bigger lads but has a heart for the game as big as a bucket," said Mr Trotter.

Robbie's father Antony previously played for the club and now coaches the Pannal Ash under-9s.

Robbie, who attends Pannal Primary School in Harrogate, recently celebrated his seventh birthday and has been playing for Pannal Ash since he was five.

Mr Trotter said: "Robbie created such an impression at the event that the

Leeds United Academy coach

Dave Harrison was rung up at the Thorp Arch training ground and asked to come and see the lad's twinkle-toed skills - all combined with his gutsy ball battling qualities and an eye for the back of the net."

Added Mr Trotter: "The reaction from Mr Harrison to Robbie was 'how have we missed him"?

The United coach was so impressed that he has awarded special training sessions for Robbie at the Leeds United Academy.

Meanwhile, following the Pannal Ash club's success the Leeds United Academy has asked the club to take part in a new Harrogate Development Centre for the 8s, 9s and 10s age group with lessons from Leeds United coaches.

The course will run for a period of four weeks from March 7 at Harrogate High School's Astroturf pitches.

The aim of the coaching will be to help young players score goals, make goals and stop goals.

https://www.northyorkshirenews.com/news/could-robbie-be-harrogate-s-junior-answer-to-wayne-rooney-1-2720039

« Siste redigering: September 01, 2021, 13:01:22 av Hallgeir * »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

RoarG

Sv: Ung spiller: Robby Gotts
« Svar #1 på: Desember 09, 2018, 20:54:07 »
Tipper debuten er like om hjørnet, jeg. Fått trøye nr. 53.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/gotts-the-next-man-off-leeds-united-conveyor-belt/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

auren

« Svar #2 på: Desember 09, 2018, 21:12:46 »
Tipper debuten er like om hjørnet, jeg. Fått trøye nr. 53.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/gotts-the-next-man-off-leeds-united-conveyor-belt/

Tja. Nå spilte vel Shacks såpass bra i går at han får spille høyreback frem til Ayling er tilbake om en måneds tid. Om han holder seg skadefri da...  ::)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: Desember 23, 2018, 13:44:17 »
LeedsYouth

It’s fantastic to see Robbie Gotts (19) make the #LUFC bench today.

The Harrogate-born youngster is versatile down the right hand side.

Good luck, @robbiegotts1!

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #4 på: Januar 04, 2019, 13:28:35 »
Robbie Gotts i kontraktforhandlinger med Leeds, skal vi tro denne artikkelen. Kontrakten hans utløper til sommeren '19.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-leeds-open-contract-talks-with-attacker/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #5 på: Februar 14, 2019, 14:00:36 »
Leeds United youngster Robbie Gotts to pen new deal

Phil Hay
Published: 10:01 Thursday 14 February 2019

Leeds United's Robbie Gotts (left) with Jamie Shackleton before last month's defeat at Stoke City.

Leeds United are set to hand a new deal to academy player Robbie Gotts.

The 19-year-old is out of contract in June but will put pen to paper on an extension which keeps him at Elland Road next season.

The versatile youngster, who can play as a full-back or a winger, has been a fixture for Leeds’ table-topping Under-23s this season and is part of the crop of juniors who have trained under head coach Marcelo Bielsa.

Gotts is yet to be given his senior debut but has made six appearances on the bench under Bielsa, who is relying heavily on United’s academy to support his squad.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

flynn

« Svar #6 på: Februar 14, 2019, 14:52:58 »
Gott å høre!

flynn

Promotion 2010

« Svar #7 på: Februar 16, 2019, 18:45:46 »
Robbie Gotts pens new deal

Gotts commits future to club.

Leeds United can today announce Robbie Gotts has signed a new contract with the club.

The 19-year-old has agreed a new three-and-a-half-year deal at Elland Road, running until the summer of 2022.

Gotts has impressed at Under-23 level throughout the campaign and has been a key player, scoring three goals for Carlos Corberan’s side, who currently top the Professional Development League North.

He has also been included in Marcelo Bielsa’s matchday squad on a number of occasions this season and becomes the latest product of the Academy to commit his long term future to the club.
« Siste redigering: Februar 16, 2019, 18:50:10 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #8 på: Februar 16, 2019, 19:08:58 »
Robbie Gotts pens new deal

Gotts commits future to club.

Leeds United can today announce Robbie Gotts has signed a new contract with the club.

The 19-year-old has agreed a new three-and-a-half-year deal at Elland Road, running until the summer of 2022.

Gotts has impressed at Under-23 level throughout the campaign and has been a key player, scoring three goals for Carlos Corberan’s side, who currently top the Professional Development League North.

He has also been included in Marcelo Bielsa’s matchday squad on a number of occasions this season and becomes the latest product of the Academy to commit his long term future to the club.
Toppers 8)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #9 på: Februar 22, 2019, 10:34:58 »
Leeds United and Robbie Gotts - two cogs a long time in the making of the Thorp Arch machine

Robbie Gotts has been at Leeds United so long that he could well be part of the furniture at Thorp Arch.

Updated: 09:09 Friday 22 February 2019

Leeds United's Robbie Gotts speaks to LUTV.

Published: 22:14 Thursday 21 February 2019

The 19-year-old has been on the Whites books since the tender age of seven and saw his loyalty and form rewarded at the weekend with a new three-year deal at what he describes as his second home.

Leeds United's Leif Davis (L) and Robbie Gotts (R) at the club's foundation soccer school.

His arrival at the club came around the same time as United were at their lowest ebb as they began life in League One with a 15-point deduction but out of the dark has come some light despite it being 12 years in the making.

Gotts has pinned down a spot as one of the first names on the team-sheet in his debut year in the Under-23s and taken to a new position like a duck to water.

The hype around his potential has been quietly bubbling for some time but even he has been surprised at the front row seat given to him for Marcelo Bielsa's assault on the Championship this season.

"I wouldn't say I expected it," Gotts said of his break into the first-team set-up.

"It is a shock but I'm just grateful for the opportunity I've been given. I feel like I've come a long way as a player and a person this year. I like the way I've been brought into it all. I've been the 19th man quite a few times before actually being on the bench.

"I feel like that's really warmed me in. Now I want to make that next step with my debut."

Bielsa is known for his blooding of youth but even his insistence on using the academy has come as a surprise.

One glance at the development side, though, and it is clear for all to see that the continuity between both squads has been invaluable this season. Bielsa often makes players from his senior ranks who are in need of minutes available for Under-23s selection.

Gotts himself has been in fine form, scoring three goals so far. He's also added a layer of versatility to his game by moving forward from his natural position of right-back into midfield under the watchful eye of Carlos Corberan.

"He's helped a lot," Gotts said of the Spaniard's coaching. "He really tries to get the best out of you which is good as a coach. He's brought so much from the first-team to the Under-23s and that's really brought us on as a group too.

"I feel like the change of position has been good and I'm happy with the goals I've scored. It's going really well. I feel like playing there more and more has just helped me become used to the position.

"Obviously being taught by the coaching staff to get into certain areas and how to make the most of them has helped massively."

Gotts hasn't been alone in his promotion this season and admits an element of that has helped. Having the likes of Jack Clarke and Jamie Shackleton who he has grown up alongside provides a familiar feel in what can be a daunting environment for a young player looking to make his way in the game.

"Everyone has been welcoming," he said.

"But it's great having players like Jamie and Jack in and around the squad too. There's a lot of people we can look up to as well. Kalvin (Phillips) has been there and done it now so he's one of those."

Immediate thoughts are with helping the Under-23s capture the Professional Development League title but Gotts will have one eye on his senior bow with the Whites.

United have a four-point lead at the top of the northern section following a 2-0 victory over Bolton at Elland Road on Monday, sealed by a glorious chip from the academy product.

Belief, though, has been instilled and Gotts' gaze is firmly on the Under-23s prize: "I think we just need to keep doing what we've been doing. Hopefully if we do, the league title can follow."

Robbie Gotts was visiting one of the Leeds United Foundation Soccer Schools that are held during every half-term holiday at various locations across Leeds.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

ibster

« Svar #10 på: Februar 22, 2019, 11:45:26 »
Robby Robbie

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: Februar 22, 2019, 12:52:52 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

Sv: Ung spiller: Robbie Gotts
« Svar #12 på: Januar 15, 2021, 11:17:28 »
Gotts debuterte som kjent mot Gunners i fjorårets FA-cup kamp mot Gunners. Etter det har det vel vært stille, om et relativt stort talent. Gotts har vært utlånt til Lincoln City denne høsten. Først nylig tegnet han seg for scoring for The Imps. Det kan allikevel tyde på at Gotts forlater Lincoln. Leeds har tilbakekalt lånet. Salford City er angiveligvis neste stopp for Gotts. Dersom noen mener at de har hørt om Salford før, så stemmer nok det. Leeds møtte som kjent Salford i fjorårets Carabao-cup. Og ja, det er den klubben som er eid av tidligere spillere fra Den Unevnelige Klubben det er snakk om. Uansett, jeg ønsker Gotts lykke til videre i Salford. Måtte han få den nødvendige A-lags-erfaringen der.

https://staceywest.net/2021/01/15/leeds-united-loanee-linked-with-imps-exit/

Eriksen55

« Svar #13 på: Januar 15, 2021, 16:17:17 »
Gotts debuterte som kjent mot Gunners i fjorårets FA-cup kamp mot Gunners. Etter det har det vel vært stille, om et relativt stort talent. Gotts har vært utlånt til Lincoln City denne høsten. Først nylig tegnet han seg for scoring for The Imps. Det kan allikevel tyde på at Gotts forlater Lincoln. Leeds har tilbakekalt lånet. Salford City er angiveligvis neste stopp for Gotts. Dersom noen mener at de har hørt om Salford før, så stemmer nok det. Leeds møtte som kjent Salford i fjorårets Carabao-cup. Og ja, det er den klubben som er eid av tidligere spillere fra Den Unevnelige Klubben det er snakk om. Uansett, jeg ønsker Gotts lykke til videre i Salford. Måtte han få den nødvendige A-lags-erfaringen der.

https://staceywest.net/2021/01/15/leeds-united-loanee-linked-with-imps-exit/

Lincoln leder league one. Gotts har fått spille 7 av 21 kamper. Mulig det har vært noen skader som er grunnen. Uansett, han er 21 nå og skal han være et talent så burde han vel spilt mer for en league one klubb. Han burde ihvertfall spilt på et høyere nivå enn league two klubben han blir leid ut til nå. Håper det blir spilletid nå.

peacock

« Svar #14 på: Januar 16, 2021, 08:45:42 »
Samme tendens som en rekke andre unge talenter i klubben. Vi overvurderer kvalitetene deres, veien fram til seniornivå er svært lang. Søndagens FA-cup viste vel dette?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: Januar 16, 2021, 09:55:38 »
Samme tendens som en rekke andre unge talenter i klubben. Vi overvurderer kvalitetene deres, veien fram til seniornivå er svært lang. Søndagens FA-cup viste vel dette?

All statistikk viser jo at svært få tar den overgangen (i alle klubber).

Leeds har jo tross alt en del å vise til

https://www.transfermarkt.com/leeds-united/jugendarbeit/verein/399
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #16 på: Januar 16, 2021, 11:35:42 »

All statistikk viser jo at svært få tar den overgangen (i alle klubber).

Leeds har jo tross alt en del å vise til

https://www.transfermarkt.com/leeds-united/jugendarbeit/verein/399

Kjente, veldig kjente og litt mindre kjente navn der ja. Og et helt ukjent for min del. Matthew Lowton - var han virkelig akademispiller for Leeds? Kan ikke huske han.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #17 på: Januar 16, 2021, 11:56:24 »

Kjente, veldig kjente og litt mindre kjente navn der ja. Og et helt ukjent for min del. Matthew Lowton - var han virkelig akademispiller for Leeds? Kan ikke huske han.

Nah, stusset på ham jeg også. Aldri lagt merke til navnet hans.

Googlet og ser at han forlot akademiet vårt før han ble 15, så da er det vel naturlig at vi ikke har hørt om ham...

Lowton was born in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.[4] He joined Sheffield United aged fifteen after a spell with Leeds United and progressed through Sheffield United's youth set up to reserve level,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Lowton
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

lowfields

« Svar #18 på: Januar 22, 2021, 21:04:36 »
Har scoret i sin første kamp for Salford idag. Fikk vel seg et mål i siste kamp for Lincoln også.
"Welcome to, arguably, the noisiest ground in England"

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #19 på: Januar 31, 2021, 13:42:45 »
Thomas Wilson
@thomas_wilson95

A new position yesterday for Robbie Gotts, playing as a left inside forward. Had some good bursts of pace and applied pressure to Oldhams back line all game. #LUFC

These runs and his energy will almost certainly allow him to get in dangerous positions. His next job will be to almost slow things down with the final pass/shot. That will come with experience though.

https://twitter.com/thomas_wilson95/status/1355849384022462464?s=20

https://twitter.com/thomas_wilson95/status/1355849396777328640?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #20 på: Februar 05, 2021, 23:21:46 »
8 minutters åpenhjertig Robbie om låneoppholdet, Leeds-tilværelsen etc :)

https://twitter.com/LUFCacademynews/status/1357807196780851202?s=20

VIDEO: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH ROBBIE GOTTS Police cars revolving light

Robbie spoke to me about his season so far out on loan, his role models at Leeds and much more!

A pleasure to speak to and thank you so much for your time
@RobbieGotts
 Fisted hand

#LUFC
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

lowfields

« Svar #21 på: Februar 09, 2021, 20:16:45 »
På scoringslista i kveld igjen, Gotts. Kan virke som han er den mest sannsynlige til kunne ta steget, men slikt er umulig å spå....
"Welcome to, arguably, the noisiest ground in England"

Eriksen55

« Svar #22 på: Februar 09, 2021, 23:45:28 »
På scoringslista i kveld igjen, Gotts. Kan virke som han er den mest sannsynlige til kunne ta steget, men slikt er umulig å spå....

Salford, League two... 21 år, tja. Håper alltid så mange som mulig fra akademiet lykkes, men han slet med spilletid i league one.. blir ikke optimistisk på hans vegne når han må ned på nivå 4 for å få spilletid. Men syntes han var ok de få sjansene han fikk i Leeds. Så får håpe at spilletid hjelper. Men han bør være ganske dominerende i league two skal det være håp, tror jeg.

Av de på utlån har jeg nok mest tro på Bogusz. Mccalmont hatt en god sesong for Oldham, 3 mål og 2 assist fra sin dype rolle på midten. Det er bra, men det er også league two.

Blir spennende å se til sommern hvem som får sjansen til å vise seg frem. Gelhardt, Jenkins, etc har gjort nåløyet mindre. Bak der lurer Kenneh. Som du sier, det er umulig å spå.
« Siste redigering: Februar 09, 2021, 23:50:33 av Eriksen55 »

RoarG

« Svar #23 på: September 01, 2021, 11:29:06 »
Også Gotts har gått til Barrow sammen med Stevens. I motsetning til Stevens, som joina Leeds i 2018, har Gotts lang fartstid i klubben. 15 år, faktisk. Det er altså en vaskekte Leeds-gutt som nå forlater oss. Lykke til videre i karrieren, Robbie :).

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/robbie-gotts-pens-message-to-leeds-united-after-sealing-barrow-move/

PS! For ordens skyld: Det mange ex-Leeds spillere som fortsatt står oppført som "Spiller" i sine respektive tråder. Bl.a. Peacock-Farrell og Berardi. Hadde vært fint med litt opprydding her. DS.