Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Niall Huggins  (Lest 4913 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ex-spiller: Niall Huggins
« på: Mars 02, 2019, 19:35:19 »
Leeds starlet agrees contract

Promising forward Niall Huggins has been offered a professional contract by Leeds United, according to Ian Harte.

The high-profile agent, whose clients include United sensation Jack Clarke, revealed his “delight” on his personal Twitter account that Leeds academy product Huggins, 18, is set to extend his stay at the club.

What brilliant news this is for Huggins, and proof of the progress he has made for the club’s Under-18s this season. Harte does not make it clear whether the teenager is one of his clients, although that is likely given his representation of Clarke and a number of other young players at the club he served with such distinction during his own playing career. Leeds is emerging as a real destination for rising stars, with a clear pathway emerging from the youth to senior side since Andrea Radrizzani took over as owner in 2017. That has only increased during the reign of Marcelo Bielsa, who has demonstrated huge faith in the club’s young players this season, with Clarke and Jamie Shackleton establishing themselves in the senior side alongside slightly older youngsters such as Bailey Peacock-Farrell and Tyler Roberts. Bielsa doesn’t take too much notice of how many miles you have clocked up; just, whether you are good enough.
« Siste redigering: August 20, 2021, 20:25:23 av Hallgeir * »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Xern

Sv: Ung spiller: Nial Huggins
« Svar #1 på: Mars 02, 2019, 19:49:58 »
Kommende stjerne!!  ::) ;D
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ung spiller: Nial Huggins
« Svar #2 på: Mars 02, 2019, 20:02:44 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

Sv: Ung spiller: Niall Huggins
« Svar #3 på: Mars 04, 2019, 10:45:42 »
Bare hyggelig at unge talenter blir satset på.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

RoarG

« Svar #4 på: Mai 22, 2019, 23:03:33 »
Huggins har fått forlenget kontrakten til ut neste sesong.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/huggins-signs-new-leeds-contract/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #5 på: Mai 22, 2019, 23:33:11 »
Huggins har fått forlenget kontrakten til ut neste sesong.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/huggins-signs-new-leeds-contract/

Niall Huggins agrees professional contract

Niall Huggins agrees professional contract
Leeds United are delighted to announce Niall Huggins has agreed a one year professional contract with the club.

The forward’s deal will begin on July 1st 2019 and will run until the end of the 2019/20 campaign.

Huggins has been in fine form for the Under-18s over the last campaign, netting an impressive 12 goals in 29 matches for Mark Jackson’s side.

His performances haven’t gone unnoticed by Wales, with Huggins linking up with their Under-21s for a training camp in the last international break.

The 18-year-old, who will now make the step up to Under-23s football next season, is thrilled his immediate future will be at Leeds United.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #6 på: Juni 01, 2019, 09:14:24 »
Niall Huggins receives first Wales U21s call-up

Niall Huggins receives first Wales U21s call-up
Leeds United Academy forward Niall Huggins has received his first international call up today, as Rob Page named him in his Wales Under-21 squad for their two friendlies against Albania.

The 18-year-old has been in inspired form for Leeds United's U18s this season, netting 12 goals in 29 games for Mark Jackson's side, as they finished second in the PDL-North league.

Having already impressed Page at a training camp in March, Huggins will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of fellow Leeds United forward Tyler Roberts, who scored on his Wales U21s debut in 2007 against Switzerland.

The international call up continues what's been a great month for Huggins, who recently signed his first professional contract with the Whites, describing it as "a really proud moment".

Wales U21s will take on Albania twice in three days, as they face them on Sunday 9th June (5pm), before they meet again on Tuesday 11th June (3pm).

The matches will be seen as a final preparation for the team ahead of the 2021 UEFA U21 EURO qualifying campaign which starts in September with a home double header against Belgium and Germany.

Wales U21s vs Albania U21s                         

Sunday 9th June 2019 (5pm GMT)

Selman Stermasi Stadium

Wales U21s vs Albania U21s                         

Tuesday 11th June 2019 (3pm GMT)

Niko Dovana Stadium

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 på: Mars 11, 2020, 22:06:13 »
Focus On Leeds (twitterkonto) har noen flotte portretter av de unge spillerne:

https://focusonleeds.com/2020/03/11/niall-huggins-highs-and-lows-but-not-ready-to-throw-the-towel-in/
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #8 på: Desember 04, 2020, 10:38:22 »
Huggins skriver under ny kontrakt til 2023. Gratulerer, Niall.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/27412/niall-huggins-agrees-new-deal

Sterland

« Svar #9 på: Desember 04, 2020, 13:00:25 »
Huggins skriver under ny kontrakt til 2023. Gratulerer, Niall.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/27412/niall-huggins-agrees-new-deal
Bra! Han har sett frisk ut i de u23 matchene jeg har fått med meg :)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: Mars 18, 2021, 14:05:34 »
YEP  lager reportasje basert på Bielsas uttalelser i gårsdagens presser.

At Niall (York born) ankom klubben som niåring var news to me....

Guess who? Marcelo Bielsa discusses former winger who can play full-back and in central midfield for Leeds United
[/b]
“He can play as a full-back on the left and the right or as a midfielder - originally he was a winger.”

By Graham Smyth  Thursday, 18th March 2021, 5:45 am

Yet the player Marcelo Bielsa was describing in his Zoom chat with the press ahead of Leeds United’s trip to Fulham was 20-year-old Niall Huggins.

Unlike Dallas, despite what one national broadcaster might have claimed much to the amusement and delight of English Leeds fans and the chagrin of Northern Irish ones, Huggins is actually a homegrown talent who joined the club at nine.

Like Dallas, he’s a hard man to pigeon hole, an attacking wide man who found himself moving back and could find himself right in the middle of the park at any given time.

Bielsa’s description of the youngster reads exactly like the one he might give for his first-team regular with almost 50 international caps to his name.

“He can play as a full-back in the back-four on the left-hand side and the right-hand side, or as a midfielder accompanying a more defensive midfielder,” said the Argentine, when Huggins and this week’s call-up for the Welsh Under-21 squad came up in the press conference.

“He can play with ease on both sides, left or right, originally he was a winger/offensive midfielder and this gives him more resources during the possession and he can play in all three heights on the pitch. And apart from that, he is a player with a physical performance above the norm.”

It’s Dallas, isn’t it? Down to a tee. Huggins made his first foray into first-team football with a substitute appearance in the 4-2 defeat by Arsenal.

An experienced EFL coach once told me about a game at the end of a season in which his side were en route to a loss that would relegate them. His advice to the manager with a few minutes left on the clock was to throw on a teenager for his debut, to give the youngster an unforgettable experience and shed a little light amid the gloom.

There was no hint of PR or saving face in Bielsa’s decision to send Huggins into the fray at the Emirates as he tried to mastermind the comeback of all comebacks, nor you suspect there ever will be in any substitution he makes in any game.

There was a hint of regret, however, that Huggins made his debut at a time when Leeds were four goals down.

“It’s very difficult and unfair on a young player like Niall to come into the game in these circumstances where we’re losing 4-0 and to participate in trying to get us back into the game,” said the head coach.

“He had a balanced game. He didn’t shine, but did not do anything bad either.”

That’s probably all a debutant needs, in the blinding glare of 4k broadcast-quality floodlights against a team with world-class players, to know he did nothing wrong.

Huggins looked comfortable enough, though, and despite not having played for the senior side since, has continued to show what a clever, quick player he is for the Under-23s. He’s nippier than Dallas, built more like Jamie Shackleton, and this season 23s boss Mark Jackson has used him as a left-back, right-back and a midfielder.

The question ‘what exactly are you?’ might give the York-born, Fulford School-educated prospect some trouble.

Yet versatility, as Dallas is proving now at the highest domestic level, is no dirty word. You can be a Jack of all trades and master them, even in the top flight.

In the Championship, the Ulsterman happily admitted midfield wasn’t his best position and yet, in the Premier League, he has arguably performed even better there, looking increasingly at home despite the step up in standard.

Bielsa says the role asks more of you at a higher level.

“I think he applied the same characteristics to this position in the midfield,” he said.

“Obviously the Premier League has different difficulties to the Championship. In the Championship you can defend a little less and you can think about the runs you can make a little more. In the Premier League you have to defend and attack, defending is more difficult and when you attack when you come up against more solid and physical opposition than the Championship.”

So is Dallas now a midfielder? Sometimes. Sometimes he’s a right-back, sometimes a left-back. What he always is, for Bielsa, is a solution.

Embracing versatility has turned him from a bit-part winger into a starter in whatever role he’s needed.

Whether Huggins has a career as a midfielder ahead of him or not, he could do a lot worse than model himself on last season’s Players’ Player of the Year and his play-me-anywhere attitude.

With the perfect example to study and Bielsa in his corner from the first bell, he has a real fighting chance of becoming a solution to future problems at Leeds.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/guess-who-marcelo-bielsa-discusses-former-winger-who-can-play-full-back-and-in-central-midfield-for-leeds-united-3169759
« Siste redigering: Mars 18, 2021, 14:07:32 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #12 på: August 20, 2021, 19:45:22 »
Da har han alleredeblitt eks-spiller. Dropper til League One og Sunderland permanent.
Bielsa sa vel på gårsdagens presser det er for mange foran ham i køen så det ville ikke blitt spilletid…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

kjella

• Gjest
« Svar #13 på: August 20, 2021, 20:19:26 »
Ønsker han alt mulig godt i Sunderland ! Synes selv han var et godt talent - med et herlig steg - men nåløyet hos oss blir trangere og trangere. Og mulig han har noen rent fysiske begrensninger - mye skadet. Bielsa nevnte Ayling, Dallas og Shackleton som spillere som han vurderte høyere enn Huggins på høyre back. I tillegg har du Drameh som jeg mener kan bli veldig god....Men historien viser stadig at noen når et annet nivå enn moderklubben trodde - når de får 100% tillit (feks Ayling i Arsenal for å ta et nærliggende eksempel) - kanskje det samme for Huggins ?
« Siste redigering: August 21, 2021, 10:16:10 av kjella »

Hallgeir *

Sv: Ex-spiller: Niall Huggins
« Svar #14 på: August 20, 2021, 20:32:30 »
Sunderland strever enda hardere enn Leeds gjorde med å komme seg opp fra nivå tre i England. Et lag og en by med slike trofaste tilhengere, burde ikke befinne seg der de ligger akkurat nå.

En ny tøff sesong venter både Sunderland og Huggins, og det bare å ønske lykke til!
Super Leeds since 1968

RoarG

« Svar #15 på: August 24, 2021, 09:48:49 »
Kjapt inn, kjapt ut. Vel, det er bare å ønske Huggins lykke til videre i karrieren.

Tore

« Svar #16 på: September 29, 2021, 11:57:24 »
Tror kanskje vi får angre på at vi slapp han. Veldig god fot, godt driv fremover og god til å utfordre...
Tore
Marching on together...