Skrevet av Emne: GRATULERER MED DAGEN LEEDS UNITED : 100 Ã…R 17.10.2019  (Lest 8905 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Cannavaro

GRATULERER MED DAGEN LEEDS UNITED : 100 Ã…R 17.10.2019
« på: Oktober 17, 2019, 16:05:09 »
Idag er dagen, klubben vår er 100 år. Kjenner på meg at det er litt spesielt, min feed på Facebook og Insta er fylt med masse gratulasjoner, klipp, bilder, minner og gratulasjoner.  Jeg har vært fan av denne klubben i ca 45 år, og denne tilværelsen vil gå med meg i graven.  Jeg har uansett noen favorittklubber her hjemme og i Europa, men LEEDS er det aller største for meg.  Jeg har vært på Elland Road og opplevd seier i Premier League, samt på White Hart Lane og se mighty Leeds slå Tottenham.  Peter Lorimer er den største grunnen til at jeg ble fan, han hadde rykte på seg at han skjøt hardest i verden !!
Jeg syns det er utrolig fint å lese historier om fansen vår i Leeds som bærer med seg dyrkelsen og tilhørigheten til klubben gjennom generasjoner. Da de var små med sin far på kamp på Elland Road, og idag har de med egne barn på kamp.  Det betyr at Leeds United s historie sannsynlig blir tatt vare på av flere generasjoner fremover.....
Jeg tror det er mange mennesker som fortjener en stor takk idag, for at klubben fortsatt er og at den fungerer og at vi har en egen stadion og et lag vi kan være stolte av.  Sjøl er jeg utrolig takknemlig for å ha vært med på noe av reisen til denne klubben, det spiller veldig på følelsene -  seriemesterskap, Champions League semi, første gang på Elland Road, -15, nedrykk, opprykk, managere som kom og gikk og en del eier skifter opp igjennom.  Men, det er vi ; fansen som består - alltid !!! I tykt og tynt med denne klubben, ALWAYS !!!   Grattis med dagen LEEDS UNITED og alle LEEDS venner  :D
« Siste redigering: Oktober 17, 2019, 16:06:47 av Cannavaro »
MFLU - Miracles For Leeds United

auren

Sv: GRATULERER MED DAGEN LEEDS UNITED : 100 Ã…R 17.10.2019
« Svar #1 på: Oktober 17, 2019, 16:20:15 »
Hipp hurra!! Gratulerer med dagen Leeds!

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

RoarG

« Svar #2 på: Oktober 17, 2019, 20:38:25 »
Det bare å istemme. Hipp, hurra!
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

TUNI

« Svar #3 på: Oktober 17, 2019, 20:45:36 »
Gratulera med dagen LEEDS UNITED
TERRY COOPER

GeirO

« Svar #4 på: Oktober 18, 2019, 18:56:23 »
Gratulerer med de hundre år!

Jeg er med hundre år til........
MOT

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: Oktober 19, 2019, 13:06:17 »
Talen til Daniel Chapman (Moscowhite), in full.

Det står jo i boken han nettopp har skrevet. Men det er greit å ta det i sin helhet, her.
Og vi ser det jo allerede, det blir 'us against them' allerede fra begynnelsen av.

Treat Leeds differently to others!

(Sånn illegal betaling under krigen drev mange klubber med, de måtte jo få ledige spillere til å komme til seg… - men i Leeds City's tilfelle var det en spiller, Charlie Copeland, som ikke var fornøyd med lønnsøkningen han var tilbudt (fra £3 pr uke til £3,10) Hva som videre skjedde avhenger av hvem man lytter til, men Copelands advokat sendte dokumentasjon på 'illegal payment' til EFLeague og EFAssosiation.

"Joseph Connor, (den nye eieren av Leeds City), on his part, seems guilty for failing to take the situation seriously"

Men plutselig dukket en seksmanns komitè fra forbundet opp for å sjekke dokumenter. Leeds ble dømt, spillerne auksjonert bort...)

Vel, over til Moscowhite:

The Square Ball Week: Salem Chapel
In 2019-20 articles, Free, Leeds United, The Square Ball Week by Moscowhite
• Daniel ChapmanOctober 19, 2019

As part of Leeds United’s centenary celebrations on 17th October 2019, I was asked to give a talk at Salem Chapel in Hunslet, Leeds, where Leeds United began on 17th October 1919. I was on stage with Liam Cooper, Norman Hunter and Andrea Radrizzani, hosted by Bryn Law; also present were Tom Riordan and Councillor Judith Blake representing Leeds City Council, representatives from Leeds United Supporters Club, who were founded in the same room at the same time, and around eighty invited season ticket holders who share their birthday with the club.

The video of the full speech is, hopefully, already lost forever, as my inept microphone work and a brief interlude when Andrea Radrizzani was trying to help me by acting as a mic stand were a rough start, until Bryn Law took charge and smoothed things over. The last part, and the contributions from Andrea Radrizzani, Liam Cooper and Norman Hunter, can be seen in this video on LUTV.

A few people have asked for the full version of my bit, and with that nervous, significant and humbling morning out of the way, I’m happy to write it down for everyone here.
â—‰
It’s an honour to be here for the first time, inside a building I feel like I’ve known for years, and on such an important day.

But I can’t help thinking that, if things had turned out as they should, we would have had this celebration fifteen years ago. In August 2004, at the Griffin Hotel on Boar Lane, to mark 100 years of soccer at Elland Road, played by Leeds City Football Club.

We don’t have time to go through the dramatic downfall of Leeds City, but if I sum it up by saying it involved unhappy players, angry former shareholders, harsh treatment from the football authorities, and underhand dealing by another club, perhaps Andrea and Angus will think that not much has changed in English football in 100 years.

Friday 17th October 1919 was the day soccer in Leeds was supposed to die. A Football League committee came to the city, to the Metropole Hotel, to auction off the players and finally close the club.
The impact felt in the city comes through in the way it was talked about at the time, it was ‘the Leeds City Scandal’, a ‘tragedy’ for Leeds, the player auction was ‘a melancholy spectacle’, what happened to the club was called ‘an execution’.

It had taken a long time for soccer to start in Leeds, and many people wondered if this might be the end.
Alf Masser was one Leeds fan who wouldn’t let that happen. Masser was a councillor for 40 consecutive years, a sportsman, a solicitor who estimated he defended on average 2,000 court cases a year. He was on the parks committee, the tramways committee, the Lifeboat Fund, the Flying Club, the Automobile Club, he co-founded Headingley (Rugby) Football Club. And he was one of the first — and loudest — shareholders of Leeds City.

Alf would have been a football chairman’s worst nightmare, speaking up in every meeting, arguing every point, stirring up trouble.

But he was also a football chairman’s best friend. He joined the board of Leeds City and worked alongside chairman Norris Hepworth for several years, trying to get more shareholders to invest and ease his burden, before stepping down during the First World War. Masser didn’t believe a football club should belong to one person, like Norris Hepworth, he believed it should belong to the city. That its people should pay for it and have their say.

When the Football League came to bury Leeds City, Alf Masser was at the Metropole. He spoke to them before the auction, and after, using all his courtroom training and practice to make his persuasive case: that Leeds should have a new football club.

After that, he left the plush Metropole, in the banking district north of the river. And he came here, to the River Aire’s south bank, to this chapel hall, hemmed in by mills and warehouses, a soap works, a leather market, Tetley’s brewery.

He’d called a meeting, and 1,000 people came. The Leeds Mercury said that, judging by their unwashed hands, many had come ‘straight from artisan work’.

Alf told the room that the Football League would consider supporting a new club, as long as it had nothing to do with the old one. He said it would be called Leeds United.
And that was the start.

But they had no players — the League had sold them all. They had no ground — Elland Road had just been rented to Yorkshire Amateurs. They had no board — nobody from the last Leeds City board was allowed to carry on with the new club.

But they had 1,000 supporters in this room in Salem Chapel, and they had a point to prove.
Joseph Henry Sr, the Lord Mayor of Leeds, made an important speech here at another meeting a couple of weeks later. He said he’d been ready to have nothing more to do with soccer after Leeds City was closed.
“It was nothing less than a scandal,” he said, “That the feelings of a city should have been so entirely ignored by a body of men who acted as autocrats.”

But now he wanted soccer to prosper in Leeds. He said,
“What has already been done to resurrect the game, since Leeds City was executed as a club, will show the football authorities in London and Sheffield that there is no lack of Association football vitality in Leeds.”
That was the spirit in this room, the spirit in 1,000 supporters, standing where we are now. Leeds was going to show them.

Most football clubs, they started small, forming in the 1880s or 1890s. They grew, they evolved, became whatever they are today.

Leeds United never had that luxury. Leeds United started in this room, in Salem Chapel, in 1919, because the people of Leeds wanted it. And because they wanted to prove something.

Alf Masser asked this room three things on 17th October 1919. Would they back a new team? Would they back a new company, to run it? And would they back a new Supporters’ Club, to give it life?
“Unless I have you behind me,” he said, “I finish.”

1,000 people backed him, unanimously.
And now we have Alf Masser to thank, and the 1,000 people who came here that night to support him to thank.

That night means more than the registration of a new company or filing an application to join a league.
That night changed our lives. Everybody here, and many who couldn’t be with us.

What would have become of John Charles?
What would Don Revie have done when his playing career ended?
Would Albert Johanneson have been allowed to keep playing soccer in South Africa?
Would Norman Hunter have moved to Leeds as a teenager, played 723 games, and watched thousands more at Elland Road since?
Andrea Radrizzani has come from Italy. Marcelo Bielsa has come from Argentina. Liam Cooper has come down the M62.
And we’re all here. Together.

Together in the things we’ve seen, the songs we’ve sung, the lessons we’ve learned, the ways that we have all lived our lives.
It was all changed, before we ever knew it. 100 years ago. Here. â—‰

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

ØBS

« Svar #6 på: Oktober 19, 2019, 15:03:34 »
Happy Birthday :D
LUSCOS-hilsen
ØBS

kjella

• Gjest
« Svar #7 på: Oktober 19, 2019, 18:49:43 »
Takk Asbjørn for referat ..... en meget sterk tale fra Moscowhite og ikke minst Alf Masser for 100 år siden. Føler at den er like aktuell idag. Vi blir nok aldri noe annet enn "outsidere" i det gode selskap - men det er helt fantastisk flott !

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Oktober 21, 2019, 18:23:58 »
Jeg skulle likt å sett en oversikt over hvilke ex-spillere som var til stede.

Det skal jo også sies at en del nok var inviterte men stilte ikke - som Batty fordi de ikke liker slikt, Charlton fordi helsen ikke tillot det, eller andre avtaler.
Og så har vi slike som Whelan som var fornærmet fordi han ikke ble invitert...

Den/de som laget listen hadde litt av en jobb, you can't win. Det er alltid noen flere som burde blitt invitert osv... Hvor skal en 'draw the line' liksom...

Jeg syns Don Howe her forfatter det bra.

There has been much discussion as to what constitutes a ‘legend’, but this was no occasion for raking over who was worthy and who wasn’t. The best thing the club has done is unashamedly recognise every era, good or bad. We can’t change history and neither can those who took part. You wear your scars with pride as well as your ribbons. These players all chipped away at the coalface and hauled Leeds United through to a 100 year celebration. It’s been quite an effort to get here, and for every Revie, Wilkinson and O’Leary era, we needed a Raich Carter, a Jimmy Adamson and a Kevin Blackwell era to get us to where we are.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/nowhere-men-somewhere-men-shine-17118860
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

lowfields

« Svar #9 på: Oktober 21, 2019, 18:50:53 »
Jeg skulle likt å sett en oversikt over hvilke ex-spillere som var til stede.

Det skal jo også sies at en del nok var inviterte men stilte ikke - som Batty fordi de ikke liker slikt, Charlton fordi helsen ikke tillot det, eller andre avtaler.
Og så har vi slike som Whelan som var fornærmet fordi han ikke ble invitert...

Den/de som laget listen hadde litt av en jobb, you can't win. Det er alltid noen flere som burde blitt invitert osv... Hvor skal en 'draw the line' liksom...

Jeg syns Don Howe her forfatter det bra.

There has been much discussion as to what constitutes a ‘legend’, but this was no occasion for raking over who was worthy and who wasn’t. The best thing the club has done is unashamedly recognise every era, good or bad. We can’t change history and neither can those who took part. You wear your scars with pride as well as your ribbons. These players all chipped away at the coalface and hauled Leeds United through to a 100 year celebration. It’s been quite an effort to get here, and for every Revie, Wilkinson and O’Leary era, we needed a Raich Carter, a Jimmy Adamson and a Kevin Blackwell era to get us to where we are.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/nowhere-men-somewhere-men-shine-17118860
Trevor Cherry, Eddie Gray, Norman Hunter, Peter Lorimer, Terry Cooper, Peter Haddock, Bobby Davidson, Chris Fairclough, Gordon Strachan, Howard Wilkinson, Brian Deane, Tony Yeboah, Jermaine Beckford, Andrew Hughes, David O'Leary, Tony Dorigo, Steve Hodge, Jon Newsome, Gary Kelly, John Lukic, Danny Mills, Lucas Radebe, Brendan Ormsby, Paul Robinson, Rod Wallace, Chris Whyte + 3-4 til....
"Welcome to, arguably, the noisiest ground in England"

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: Oktober 21, 2019, 19:03:52 »

Trevor Cherry, Eddie Gray, Norman Hunter, Peter Lorimer, Terry Cooper, Peter Haddock, Bobby Davidson, Chris Fairclough, Gordon Strachan, Howard Wilkinson, Brian Deane, Tony Yeboah, Jermaine Beckford, Andrew Hughes, David O'Leary, Tony Dorigo, Steve Hodge, Jon Newsome, Gary Kelly, John Lukic, Danny Mills, Lucas Radebe, Brendan Ormsby, Paul Robinson, Rod Wallace, Chris Whyte + 3-4 til....
Takker. Der fikk du listet opp brorparten, ja :)

Don Howe nevner jo også:
So it was fantastic to see the likes of Roy Wood, Jackie Overfield, Neil Aspin and Peter Haddock walking out to be greeted by the masses. It was great to see them mingling with Lucas Radebe, Tony Yeboah, Nigel Martyn and the gold-plated trophy winners whose names are up in lights.

Neil Sullivan har vi vel også sett i videoklipp...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 på: Oktober 21, 2019, 20:14:45 »

So it was fantastic to see the likes of Roy Wood, walking out to be greeted by the masses. It was great to see them mingling with Lucas Radebe, Tony Yeboah, Nigel Martyn and the gold-plated trophy winners whose names are up in lights.

Apropo Roy Wood, fint parti i dagens Moscowhite:

True to recent form, this was yet another game when Leeds seemed so dedicated to not scoring goals that I wondered if they’ve been making their own tribute to teams of the past. George Graham’s side from 1996/97, perhaps, although they weren’t even trying; perhaps Don Revie’s team before he signed Jones and Clarke, back when Johnny Giles was top scorer. Maybe the 1950s in the Second Division, when Leeds didn’t score if John Charles wasn’t up front, and always conceded if he wasn’t at the back; although at Thursday’s gala night goalkeeper Royden Wood, United’s oldest living player at 89 years old last week, was asked if Charles was any good. “Well, he was okay,” he smiled, before reminiscing about the post-game bollockings he’d had to give young Charles while he was still learning his trade. You could understand why King John was always humble.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

jaho

« Svar #12 på: Oktober 21, 2019, 23:48:50 »

So it was fantastic to see the likes of Roy Wood, walking out to be greeted by the masses. It was great to see them mingling with Lucas Radebe, Tony Yeboah, Nigel Martyn and the gold-plated trophy winners whose names are up in lights.

Apropo Roy Wood, fint parti i dagens Moscowhite:

True to recent form, this was yet another game when Leeds seemed so dedicated to not scoring goals that I wondered if they’ve been making their own tribute to teams of the past. George Graham’s side from 1996/97, perhaps, although they weren’t even trying; perhaps Don Revie’s team before he signed Jones and Clarke, back when Johnny Giles was top scorer. Maybe the 1950s in the Second Division, when Leeds didn’t score if John Charles wasn’t up front, and always conceded if he wasn’t at the back; although at Thursday’s gala night goalkeeper Royden Wood, United’s oldest living player at 89 years old last week, was asked if Charles was any good. “Well, he was okay,” he smiled, before reminiscing about the post-game bollockings he’d had to give young Charles while he was still learning his trade. You could understand why King John was always humble.

også en av de største heltene på nivå 2 på 80-tallet John Sheridan var der.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #13 på: Oktober 21, 2019, 23:54:01 »

også en av de største heltene på nivå 2 på 80-tallet John Sheridan var der.

Vinnie Jones ikke nevnt ennå :o
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan