Started by auren, July 11, 2024, 21:33:33

Previous topic - Next topic

auren

Da var han offisielt bekreftet:

https://www.leedsunited.com/en/news/leeds-united-complete-joe-rothwell-deal

Velkommen!  :)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Hallgeir *

Velkommen til Joe!

"Ny lånespiller" er vel mer presist?
Super Leeds since 1968

auren

Leeds United are delighted to confirm the arrival of Joe Rothwell, who has signed on a season-long loan deal from AFC Bournemouth.
The 29-year-old versatile midfielder brings a wealth of experience to the Whites, having played regularly at both Sky Bet Championship and Premier League level.
During the 2023/24 campaign, Rothwell spent the first half of the campaign playing top-flight football with the Cherries, before then heading out on loan to fellow South Coast side Southampton.
Whilst with the Saints, he made 20 appearances and scored four goals, contributing towards the team ultimately gaining promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt.
Rothwell's eye for goal from midfield saw him win the club's 2023/24 Goal of the Season Award after a stunning volley which found the top corner against Huddersfield Town. That strike also won the Sky Bet Championship Goal of the Month for February.
Elsewhere in his career, our newest signing has gained plenty of football league experience, having played over 150 times for Blackburn Rovers in a journey that has seen him make over 300 appearances.
The midfielder has also been recognised earlier in his playing days at international level too, representing England throughout the Under-16 to Under-20 age groups.
Everyone at Leeds United welcomes Joe to the club, who becomes the third arrival of the summer, after Joe Rodon and Alex Cairns.

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kato

Tenker 20 kamper for et opprykkslag fra januar og ut viser at vi legger lista på spillere inn der den skal være. En høyre back, en midtstopper, en tier og en spiss så er vi der.

Asbjørn

Litt usikkerhet rundt dette...

So BBC in Bouremouth and Adam Pope say loan includes option to buy. Graham Smith and Beren Cross told, no option to buy ??????? #lufc

https://x.com/iGerLynch/status/1811506227169374615
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

...om noen IKKE har sett 'målet hans' fra forrige sesong, så er det her :)

https://x.com/SkyBetChamp/status/1811491349616566600
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

Selv trekker han frem denne egenskapen ved spillet sitt:

He said: "I like to pick the ball up from deeper and drive with the ball, that is one of the main qualities I possess and has served me well throughout my career and it is something I will try to emulate here and hopefully the fans will enjoy that as well.

https://www.leedsunited.com/en/news/joe-rothwell-it-was-something-i-was-desperate-to-make-happen
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cherry

Quote from: Kato on July 11, 2024, 21:46:17
Tenker 20 kamper for et opprykkslag fra januar og ut viser at vi legger lista på spillere inn der den skal være. En høyre back, en midtstopper, en tier og en spiss så er vi der.

Spot on ift hva som bør inn nå frem mot sesongstart. ;)

auren

Quote from: Cherry on July 12, 2024, 10:03:23

Nja. Han var vel mer benkesliter og en spiller som ble satt inn utover andre omgang enn en regular starter. Siterer Reaney sitt innlegg i ryktetråden:

"16 kamper for Soton, 4 fra start og 12 som sub. 3 kamper som ubenyttet reserve."

Han forsterker bredden, gir oss erfaring og er en annerledes, mer offansivt anlagt spiller, enn Kamara, Ampadu og Gruev. Men en maestro alla Pablo er han jo ikke. Det er en slik spillertype vi kanskje aller mest savner.

auren

samadhi

Quote from: auren on July 12, 2024, 11:05:01
Quote from: Cherry on July 12, 2024, 10:03:23

Nja. Han var vel mer benkesliter og en spiller som ble satt inn utover andre omgang enn en regular starter. Siterer Reaney sitt innlegg i ryktetråden:

"16 kamper for Soton, 4 fra start og 12 som sub. 3 kamper som ubenyttet reserve."

Han forsterker bredden, gir oss erfaring og er en annerledes, mer offansivt anlagt spiller, enn Kamara, Ampadu og Gruev. Men en maestro alla Pablo er han jo ikke. Det er en slik spillertype vi kanskje aller mest savner.

auren

Enig. En grei spiller, men lukter ikke akkurat svidd av denne.
Greit at han var med å rykke opp, men i perioden han var i Soton tok de 9 færre poeng enn Leeds.
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

GeirO

Har en følelse om at Rothwell skal få godt kjennskap til vår benk også....og det vil i tilfelle være et bra tegn for Leeds.
MOT

Asbjørn

YEP har intervjuet Alfie House, som dekker Southampton for The Daily Echo om hva han syntes om låneoppholdet:

The Daily Echo's senior Southampton FC writer Alfie House saw a player with an attacking profile but not so much of an all-rounder. Effort was not lacking, but opportunity was for the loanee. House told the YEP: "Joe Rothwell's Saints contribution will be remembered for winning the club's goal of the season award and two eerily similar braces in front of the Chapel end at St Mary's to secure some pretty vital points at the time. That's just as well, because he didn't do anything else to be remembered by, in the five months he was at the club. In his defence, he was on the back foot straight away by replacing the outgoing Charly Alcaraz - whose contributions last season were overrated by some fans - and it was never a fault of effort with Rothwell."

Rothwell is seen as a forward-thinking number 8 by Leeds and a player who could, if such a need should arise, even do a job slightly further forward. The transfer interest from Stade Rennais in Leeds' current occupant of the number 8 position Glen Kamara continues to bubble along in the background yet without that translating to an offer or a concerted French push to make something happen, the Whites are yet to be presented with any sort of decision to make. So as it stands, Rothwell will provide competition for the Finnish international, while Ethan Ampadu and Ilia Gruev to battle for the number 6 spot.

Where Rothwell's influence lay last season was very much in the opponent's territory and that is where House would expect him to contribute for Leeds, in what Elland Road's new boy will be hoping is a more prominent part in the 2024/25 Championship story.

"He proved himself to be only useful in one half and we didn't see the versatility that he seems to be credited with elsewhere," said House. "He was an attacking midfielder only, with excellent ball-striking and decent ball-carrying. Otherwise, he was fairly anonymous as he played his part. There were a couple of horror-shows - chiefly in the defeat at home to Hull - and he only played one minute across the three play-off games. However, he has a good Championship record and I don't think any Saints would be surprised to see him have a better time of it, and he'll be more than keen to show what he can do best and shoot from range when he gets the chance at Elland Road."

Hele reportasjen her:
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-signing-joe-rothwells-back-foot-issue-and-the-inside-track-on-his-southampton-spell-4701109
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

Kan være en bra signering, dette. Velkommen til Leeds, Joe :).
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

I dette intervjuet ber egentlig Rothwell oss om ikke å bedømme ham etter det han viste i Bournemouth (der måtte vi være kompakte for ikke å rykke ned) og Southampton (de spilte veldig possession-basert). Han liker å komme dypt, hente ballen, og føre den fremover. Dèt ser han frem til å få lov til å gjøre mer av i Leeds denne sesongen.

"I'd say I'm a box-to-box number eight," he said. "I like to pick the ball up a bit deeper and run with the ball, which is something that makes me probably stand out from other midfielders because not many people do it.

"It's something that's stuck with me at an early age and I've tried to take it with me. I've probably played a different role over the last couple of years in teams I've been in because of the situations.

"At Bournemouth, it was more about staying in the league, a bit more compact. And then went to Southampton last year as more of a ball player, keeping the possession, so hopefully I can come here and go back to that role I know."

...ooog nå har han plutselig blitt et old, wise head. :)

That role will extend to setting an example and being a voice too. At 29, Patrick Bamford and Sam Byram are the only outfield players older than Rothwell in the current squad. In such a young dressing room, the midfielder knows he may have to guide some of the younger heads through the Championship trenches this winter.

"It's weird," he said. "I always classed myself as one of the younger ones, but coming here times have changed. I can try and bring that experience. I've been around a lot of experienced pros in my time, so try to feed off what they've done and bring it to the younger lads here."

After playing a part in Southampton's promotion last season, coming to Leeds for a similar challenge appealed to Rothwell, especially with the man in the dugout. Farke's record in the Championship speaks for itself.

Farke var også en trigger...

The German was a big pull for Rothwell in deciding where he wanted to be from August. There haven't been too many one-to-ones with his new boss yet, while he finds his feet, bu he knows it will come.

"He was a big, big pull for me to come here," he said. "I spoke to him when I first came and he said he was just going to leave me alone a little bit to integrate with the lads and that's how it's been so far.

"I've not had many one-to-ones with him, just joking here and there, so I'm sure there'll be a few more interactions as the season draws closer."

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/makes-stand-out-leeds-united-29592330
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan