Skrevet av Emne: EX-spiller: Dominic Matteo  (Lest 7690 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Papi

EX-spiller: Dominic Matteo
« på: Januar 19, 2007, 21:38:58 »
Hallo?? Kvifor har ikkje me prøvd og signe han da??

Og så går han til Stoke? Jaja, greitt, Stoke ligger over oss på tabellen men djisses... uansett! Burde da komme tilbake til oss

As I Walk trough the shadow of the valley of death I will fear no evil....
« Siste redigering: Mai 21, 2014, 21:04:24 av Promotion 2010 »
As I Walk Through The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death, I Will Fear No Evil

Ferre

Re: Dominic Matteo
« Svar #1 på: Januar 19, 2007, 21:48:58 »
Enig, tror Dom kunne gjort en god jobb i forsvaret.

-WE'LL BE BACK-

knut_eknes

« Svar #2 på: Januar 19, 2007, 22:12:17 »
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_1855359,00.html

Potters secure Premiership pair
Stoke boss Tony Pulis has swooped to sign defenders Dominic Matteo and Andy Griffin in time for the clash with Preston at Deepdale

Helt enig han kunne gjort en god jobb, synd dette her... Kunne prøvd å hentet Griffin og, men men... Henger meg på hylekoret, Vi trenger en ny stopper!
« Siste redigering: Januar 19, 2007, 22:14:59 av knut_eknes »

Jon R

« Svar #3 på: Januar 19, 2007, 22:20:45 »
Jeg vet ikke helt. Sakset fra en annen tråd: [8)]

"Originally posted by samadhi 18.01.07
Dom Matteo spilte 6 seriekamper i fjor og ingen i år. Har ikke spilt kamp siden 07.januar 2006 (iflg. http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=4905)
I sommer var Matteo gjest i Eirik Bakkes bryllup. Jeg bor selv i Sogndal og jobber med folk som var i det bryllupet. Matteo kunne her fortelle at han hadde gått skadet i over ett år og at han hadde drukket alkohol over 250 dager på rad. Regner ikke med at det var snakk om store mengder hver dag, men likevel er det grunn til å tro at han var i sin livs beste form i sommer - hva han er nå vet ikke jeg. Den samme Matteo ble da også svært skuffet da han ikke fikk kjøpe alkohol på ferja mellom Fodnes-Mannheller (15 min) =).... skal ikke garantere for sannheten i det som er fortalt men jeg har troverdige kilder..."

[B)]

Jon R.
« Siste redigering: Januar 19, 2007, 22:24:36 av Jon R »
Jon R.

Dennis

« Svar #4 på: Januar 19, 2007, 22:21:21 »
Spørs om ikke Stoke er en mer attraktiv klubb enn oss, dessverre!

- Dennis
Marching on together!

Promotion 2010

Sv: EX-spiller: Dominic Matteo
« Svar #5 på: Mai 21, 2014, 21:05:47 »
D.Matteo tweet:
For everyone who's asking. I'm Sad to be leaving Leeds utd. Good luck to the club for next season. Leeds fans are the best... #MOT

Leit han er ute. Jeg hadde tro på konseptet Ambassadører! 
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Sleivind

« Svar #6 på: August 17, 2015, 10:20:43 »
http://www.dagbladet.no/2015/08/17/sport/fotball/dominic_matteo/leeds/liverpool/40648578/

Triste greier! En av altfor mange tidligere fotballspillere som havner i samme situasjon.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #7 på: August 17, 2015, 14:03:06 »
http://www.dagbladet.no/2015/08/17/sport/fotball/dominic_matteo/leeds/liverpool/40648578/

Triste greier! En av altfor mange tidligere fotballspillere som havner i samme situasjon.

Nå er den tidligere Liverpool- og Leeds-spilleren slått konkurs. På sitt verste skal Matteo ha satset og tapt 100.000 pund (ca. 1,3 mill. kroner) på én hest. Totalt skal han ifølge Daily Mirror ha en spillegjeld på 1 million pund (ca. 13 mill. kroner).

--

Matteo spilte på Leeds-laget som tok seg til semifinalen i Champions League i 2001. Senere giftet han seg med klubbens fysioterapeut.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #8 på: August 19, 2015, 11:30:47 »
Rett og slett trist. Mange av disse gml spillerne i England som går til grunne ganske kjapt etter karrieren..dog er Matteo`s tilfelle ekstremt hva £££ angår.

RoarG

« Svar #9 på: August 19, 2015, 21:53:13 »
Dette var bare trist for San Siro-Dom.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: April 11, 2018, 17:34:55 »
Dom Matteo spills the beans on the infamous Leeds United 'coin game' under David O'Leary - Leeds Live

One would magine that to get to the upper reaches of the Premier League and latter stages of the Champions League, absolute focus is needed out on the pitch.

Complete concentration, no distractions and utter determination.

But for the last great Leeds United team, David O'Leary's almost-men who flew too close to the sun, it would appear that was not necessarily always the case.

Under O'Leary Leeds would famously reach the semi-finals of the Champions League and began the millennium top of the Premier League, playing some of the most exciting football from across the continent.

But that wasn't all they were always playing when they were out on the pitch, it would transpire.

Matteo has spilled the beans on a game Leeds used to play
The likes of Rio Ferdinand and Danny Mills have both previously spoke about the 'coin game' which they used to play during matches, but now former Leeds centre-back Dom Matteo has discussed exactly what went on at that time.

"I don’t know why we do stuff like this. Rio Ferdinand’s mentioned it, I don’t know why he’s done that," Matteo began, taking on the the Undr the Cosh podcast .

"Before a game one of you starts off with a coin.

"Back then it was always a 50 pence piece because it was a horrible one to hold in your hand, the old 50s, I don’t know why, but we just chose the worst coin to hold. So say I’d start with the coin, any steady breaks in play, like corners, free-kicks or whatever you can pass the coin, so I’d pass and you’d have to take it. You couldn’t refuse it. And whoever had the coin at the end of the game [lost].

He may have scored in the San Siro, but where's the coin?
"For example one of the games against Bolton away and I don’t think Ian Harte knew about it. I was coming off injured, done my hamstring for a change, I went to give it to Harty, to shake his hand and he’s like ‘what are you doing, just let go of me’ but I was trying to give him the 50 pence. So in the end I just had to throw it on to someone.

"I don’t know why we did stuff like that. At the end of the game they’d be a forfeit. Whatever it make be, drink something dodgy.

"I never ended up with that coin in my hand. No way. Played it before."

O'Leary's side showed great team spirit
Given the performances Leeds put in during that time, the game was obviously not too much of a problem for O'Leary and just went to show how good the team spirit was during the period.

"You have your cliques in teams, you have your muckers who you drive in with, but that Leeds team we just all knocked about together," Matteo continued.

"We did everything together. Maybe at the time there was quite a few people who were single and if you’re single and not got kids its a bit easy to do that. Quite a few of us were in that position."

While it soon turned sour at Elland Road as the club's overspending soon caught up with them, it sure looks like it was a fun time to be at the club.

8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: August 27, 2018, 18:31:25 »
 #LS11 #LUFC PODCAST

@LS11LUFC this week our special guest scored a 'f**king great goal in the San Siro' it's only @Dominicmatteo21

Tune in from 7:30am Wednesday

ProperSport.com
 Facebook
 Periscope   
 YouTube Live!

Subscribe to the podcast

ØYEBLIKKET!  ;D 8)

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #12 på: November 16, 2019, 14:19:18 »
Måtte det gå bra!

Leeds United
@LUFC

The thoughts of everyone at #LUFC are with our former captain
@Dominicmatteo21
 and his family after he was taken seriously ill earlier this week. Stay strong Dom!
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #13 på: November 16, 2019, 14:36:20 »
Bare å ønske han god bedring.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #14 på: November 16, 2019, 14:37:39 »
Måtte det gå bra!

Leeds United
@LUFC

@Dominicmatteo21
 and his family after he was taken seriously ill earlier this week. Stay strong Dom!

Matteo, 45, underwent an operation on a brain
tumour on Monday and is currently being treated in hospital after coming out of intensive care.

Best wishes to Matteo, created some great memories for us.
(waccoe)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: November 17, 2019, 12:16:04 »
Måtte det gå bra!

Leeds United
@LUFC

@Dominicmatteo21

tumour on Monday and is currently being treated in hospital after coming out of intensive care.

(waccoe)

Simon Ross
@rossie7dj

Update on @Dominicmatteo21 just had a FaceTime call from him , he was on incredible form , chatting , talking football , joking and very positive and immensely great full to all the hospital staff at the LGI , amazing recovery
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Forever Whites

« Svar #16 på: November 17, 2019, 12:59:34 »
Måtte det gå bra!

Leeds United
@LUFC

@Dominicmatteo21

(waccoe)

Simon Ross
@rossie7dj

Update on @Dominicmatteo21 just had a FaceTime call from him , he was on incredible form , chatting , talking football , joking and very positive and immensely great full to all the hospital staff at the LGI , amazing recovery

Så flott!  Håper alt går bra videre med ham.  :)
Medlem 94237

RoarG

« Svar #17 på: Desember 05, 2019, 12:23:58 »
Matteo har gjennomgått operasjon. Han er visst på bedringens vei :).

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/dominic-matteo-leeds-united-recovery-17367330

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #18 på: Desember 05, 2019, 12:25:23 »