Skrevet av Emne: TEMA: Elland Road  (Lest 261012 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: TEMA: Elland Road
« Svar #930 på: Juli 20, 2020, 14:14:22 »
Alan Shearer og Jamie Redknapp har spilt på de fleste 'store stadioner' rundt om.

Men de trekker frem Elland Road!

Vi må ikke glemme hvor viktig det er at fansen fortsetter sin lydrike tilstedeværelse når man får lov å komme tilbake!

Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp has said that he “won’t ever forget” the noise that the Leeds United fans can make and that Premier League players are set to find out just how “intimidating” playing at Elland Road can be.

Writing in his column in the Daily Mail Redknapp said, “The first time I faced Leeds United in the Premier League was at Elland Road as a Liverpool player in August 1992.
“I won’t ever forget the noise that iconic ground could make.
“We drew 2-2. Playing at Elland Road was always intimidating and a lot of Premier League players will discover that.

Alan Shearer følger opp:
“But there is no denying they deserve their place in the Premier League and Elland Road – when fans are allowed back – will be quite something.
“Having played there many times I can testify it is a great atmosphere.”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/20/shearer-makes-prediction-about-bielsas-tactics-with-leeds-in-the-premier-league/
https://motleedsnews.com/matchday/i-wont-ever-forget-jamie-redknapp-makes-claim-about-leeds-united-in-the-premier-league/
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

flynn

« Svar #931 på: August 21, 2020, 08:12:59 »
Ser at Kinnear jobber med planer om utbygging av East Stand for å kunne øke kapasiteten til 50.000. Samt at mye av infrastrukturen i anlegget skal oppgraderes til nåværende PL standard, som pressebokser, garderober etc.
Her håper jeg klubben og byen kan reagere raskt, det vil jo uansett ikke bli åpnet for fulle tribuner med det første, kanskje ikke denne sesongen i det hele tatt, og da ville det vært meget smart å utnytte den perioden til å få gjort unna slike byggeprosjekter. Etter at tilskuerrestriksjonene er opphevet vil det være kjipt å måtte spille lengre perioder med redusert kapasitet pga byggevirksomhet, men akkurat nå spiller jo ikke det noen rolle.
Man skulle altså tro at det rent økonomisk vil være langt billigere å gjøre dette nå, samtidig som ekstrainntektene fra flere sesongkort og tilskuere da vil komme tidligere også. Skulle gjerne sett en økonom regne på dette.

flynn

ar9

« Svar #932 på: August 21, 2020, 09:49:29 »
Ser at Kinnear jobber med planer om utbygging av East Stand for å kunne øke kapasiteten til 50.000. Samt at mye av infrastrukturen i anlegget skal oppgraderes til nåværende PL standard, som pressebokser, garderober etc.
Her håper jeg klubben og byen kan reagere raskt, det vil jo uansett ikke bli åpnet for fulle tribuner med det første, kanskje ikke denne sesongen i det hele tatt, og da ville det vært meget smart å utnytte den perioden til å få gjort unna slike byggeprosjekter. Etter at tilskuerrestriksjonene er opphevet vil det være kjipt å måtte spille lengre perioder med redusert kapasitet pga byggevirksomhet, men akkurat nå spiller jo ikke det noen rolle.
Man skulle altså tro at det rent økonomisk vil være langt billigere å gjøre dette nå, samtidig som ekstrainntektene fra flere sesongkort og tilskuere da vil komme tidligere også. Skulle gjerne sett en økonom regne på dette.

flynn
Har tenkt på akkuratt det samme. En enestående mulighet til å gå glipp av minst mulig inntekter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #933 på: August 23, 2020, 10:06:17 »
YEP har oppsummert hva Kinnear sa i Squareball-podcasten:

Angus Kinnear reveals Leeds United's redevelopment plans for Elland Road
The Whites' chief has discussed the potential redevelopment of Elland Road.
By Joe Urquhart  Saturday, 22nd August 2020, 10:37 am

Angus Kinnear has detailed plans for Leeds United to redevelop Elland Road to a 50,000 capacity following promotion to the Premier League.

The Whites’ chief executive announced last October during the centenary celebrations that proposals were in place for the club’s home ground to undergo building work upon achieving top-flight status.

United secured the Championship title last month under Marcelo Bielsa’s guidance and are now preparing for a first term in England’s elite since the club suffered relegation in 2004.

Leeds have since been granted planning permission by Leeds City Council to build a community sports hub on Fullerton Park – which sits opposite the stadium – as part of the ongoing expansion plans.

The project will include artificial grass football pitches, including one covered by an air dome, along with changing rooms, a cafe, meeting rooms, a gym, GP surgery and pharmacy for use by Beeston and Holbeck residents.

Kinnear, though, has now discussed the potential future redevelopment inside Elland Road’s four walls after United earned a spot in the Premier League last month - but did concede that any plans would be for when top flight status had been sustained over a period of time.

“Redeveloping the West Stand can take the capacity up to 50,000,” he told The Square Ball podcast.

“That’s what I think is a very achievable level for Leeds United to ensure you’re always sold out. That’s the key. You want to make sure, even for smaller games, you’re sold out.

“We’ve now started to formalise the plans for how do you redevelop that stand while you have to do it within a season, so how do you manage your capacity and keep your capacity high during that time?

“There are ways that can be achieved so you’re not losing too many seats. It would also be about professionalising the whole of that side of the ground.

"Ultimately, the changing rooms on that side haven’t changed, the referee’s facilities, the media facilities, they are all outdated.

“We’ve got seats in the upper tier of the West Stand which have restricted views because there’s pillars in the way.

“The press areas aren’t big enough for the Premier League, the floodlights aren’t bright enough for the Premier League.

“So, not only will we be able to get 15,000 more supporters in the stadium, but we’ll also be able to make it more professional and get that functional environment for the first team on a matchday as well.”

Kinnear also revealed that the waiting list for season tickets was nearing the 20,000 mark while a further 6,000 new memberships had been sold since they went on general sale last week.

“It feels like how it should be,” he added.

“Arsenal have got a waiting list, West Ham have got a waiting list.

“We should have a bigger stadium, the stadium should be at 50,000 and that is a further part of our plans.

“What’s also great is you have the hardcore fanbase, but it’s also great for the city. We want people to walk through the city and feel proud about what’s happened and what they’re part of.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/angus-kinnear-reveals-leeds-uniteds-redevelopment-plans-elland-road-2950012
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #934 på: Desember 15, 2020, 15:52:46 »
Kinnear har igjen vært i en podcast.

60.000 - da snakker vi :)

Ambition runs riot in the minds of Leeds’ directors. There is so much they want to do at Elland Road and so much they want to create. The recent registration in the USA of a new venture capital fund by the San Francisco 49ers indicated that fresh investment from the NFL franchise (on top of the £10 million they injected in 2018) might be on the way soon. Leeds’ chief executive Angus Kinnear told The Square Ball’s podcast last week that Leeds are so confident about the demands for tickets at Elland Road that they are now thinking about redeveloping both the West Stand and the North Stand to create a capacity of around 60,000 — this on top of plans for a new £25 million training ground.

https://theathletic.co.uk/2259611/2020/12/14/leeds-united-premier-league-progress/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Killa

« Svar #935 på: Desember 15, 2020, 15:57:11 »
Kinnear har igjen vært i en podcast.

60.000 - da snakker vi :)

Ambition runs riot in the minds of Leeds’ directors. There is so much they want to do at Elland Road and so much they want to create. The recent registration in the USA of a new venture capital fund by the San Francisco 49ers indicated that fresh investment from the NFL franchise (on top of the £10 million they injected in 2018) might be on the way soon. Leeds’ chief executive Angus Kinnear told The Square Ball’s podcast last week that Leeds are so confident about the demands for tickets at Elland Road that they are now thinking about redeveloping both the West Stand and the North Stand to create a capacity of around 60,000 — this on top of plans for a new £25 million training ground.

https://theathletic.co.uk/2259611/2020/12/14/leeds-united-premier-league-progress/

Begynner å smake fugl når vi snakker om 60.000 tilskuere ja!! Blir veldig spennende å følge disse planene videre - håper dette kan skje "sooner rather than later"!! :-D

Sleivind

« Svar #936 på: Desember 27, 2020, 13:54:34 »
Noen som vet hvorfor matta er så dårlig som den er?

HåvardK

« Svar #937 på: Desember 27, 2020, 15:20:57 »
Noen som vet hvorfor matta er så dårlig som den er?
Har vel regnet i månedsvis i Yorkshire, men matta burde fremstå bedre enn dette uansett.

gekon17

« Svar #938 på: Desember 27, 2020, 15:33:47 »
Den skulle byttes sommeren som var, men de rakk det ikke pga av kort sommer pause.

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

NT

« Svar #939 på: Desember 31, 2020, 15:24:38 »
Fra innsiden på Elland Rd så bekreftes det som skrives, men at redusert mannskap i staben grunnet Covid, isolasjon, lockdown osv er mest hovedårsak. De har ikke hatt samme kapasitet som tidligere til vedlikehold.  Så har samtidig været vært uheldig med mye regn, lite varme og da kombinert med for lite stell på en allerede nærmest nedslitt matte så er dette resultatet. 

Kontakinte

« Svar #940 på: Januar 21, 2021, 20:21:20 »
Greier den matta og sette seg godt nok da?
https://www.facebook.com/834182096700101/posts/3608706472580969/

Blank_File

« Svar #941 på: Januar 22, 2021, 03:04:56 »
Hæ? Er det fakta? Går det an å gjøre det på denne tiden av året med så kort tid?

Jostein.

« Svar #942 på: Januar 22, 2021, 11:27:36 »
I følge noe jeg hørte på nettet så har vi kjøpt en Hybrid matte fra Spurs til £340.000, de har forhandlet om denne i ukevis. Bielsa hadde satt foten ned og sagt at vi kom til å rykke ned om vi ikke gjorde noe på Elland Road, kan ikke spille den type fotball vi er vant med.

Grunnen til at det ikke ble gjort noe i sommer er for at de må bytte ut hele drenering og oppvarming i bakken. Selve matta ble byttet.

Det skal gjøres til sommeren til den nette sum av £1.600.000.

« Siste redigering: Januar 22, 2021, 11:32:06 av Jostein. »
Leeds Carajo!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #943 på: Januar 22, 2021, 12:05:31 »
Hæ? Er det fakta? Går det an å gjøre det på denne tiden av året med så kort tid?

Forklaringen, her i Hays ord:
Leeds' replacement pitch will see them through to the end of the season, when a full installation of a new pitch is planned. Surface has been acquired from Spurs, who were growing it for use at their own stadium further down the line. Costing £300k. #lufc

Altså, slik eg tolker det har denne flere uker med vokster bak seg allerede - ellers hadde det jo ikke vært mulig på denne tiden av året (selv i England)
« Siste redigering: Januar 22, 2021, 12:07:15 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Killa

« Svar #944 på: Januar 22, 2021, 12:09:04 »
Håper dette blir bra slik at den er klar til Everton-kampen 3. februar.
Skal i alle fall ikke så mye til at det blir bedre enn det var!

GaryMac

« Svar #945 på: Januar 22, 2021, 12:38:39 »
Det er en kombinasjon av kunstgress og naturgress. Rett og slett ei kunstgressmatte der man legger på litt jord og sår i vanlig gress. Når gresset spirer vil røttene vokse gjennom matta og ned i jorda under.

https://www.hewittsportsturf.com/htpro-pitches

Tottenham og Swansea bruker dette.

Her har vi tydeligvis fått kjøpt noe som Tottenham allerede har produsert.

Satser på at det blir bra - kan neppe bli værre.

Cannavaro

« Svar #946 på: Januar 22, 2021, 21:37:29 »
Det er en kombinasjon av kunstgress og naturgress. Rett og slett ei kunstgressmatte der man legger på litt jord og sår i vanlig gress. Når gresset spirer vil røttene vokse gjennom matta og ned i jorda under.

London gress på Elland Road, kanskje eneste sjansen vi har for å lykkes på en London matte....
MFLU - Miracles For Leeds United

Perik

« Svar #947 på: Januar 23, 2021, 10:58:41 »

London gress på Elland Road, kanskje eneste sjansen vi har for å lykkes på en London matte....

Bare det ikke blir som når vi spiller i London

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #948 på: Januar 23, 2021, 11:00:14 »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #949 på: Januar 23, 2021, 16:09:28 »

morten1966

« Svar #950 på: Januar 23, 2021, 17:03:13 »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #951 på: Januar 23, 2021, 17:14:33 »
Phil går grundig til verks om Elland Road-matten

https://theathletic.co.uk/2338773/2021/01/23/leeds-fresh-300k-elland-road-pitch-will-allow-bielsa-ball-to-flourish/
Hva koster the Athletic i mnd?
Som Runar pleier å påpeke så har de kampanjer

Sitat
The Athletic, based in San Francisco, is an ad-free, online-only network for local sports coverage. Subscriptions cost $10 a month or $60 a year, though many customers have signed up at lower promotional rates.29. jul. 2019

Sitat
If you look around you'll be able to get 50% off subscription. I personally love it. Especially the team specific stuff, they're always a fantastic and engaging read, and even quality aside, based on the amount of time I spend on it, it's well worth the money. And if you follow multiple sports, then it's a no-brainer.6. feb. 202

Ser man i Phil Hays twitter-historie så har han tidt og ofte linker til promotional codes.

Kikket litt rundt, kjenner man noen som allerede abonnerer er her flere muligheter:

Share a 30-day guest pass with up to 5 friends.
Give a friend unlimited access to The Athletic, free for 30 days.
« Siste redigering: Januar 23, 2021, 17:22:27 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #952 på: Januar 23, 2021, 20:47:21 »
Phil går grundig til verks om Elland Road-matten

https://theathletic.co.uk/2338773/2021/01/23/leeds-fresh-300k-elland-road-pitch-will-allow-bielsa-ball-to-flourish/
Hva koster the Athletic i mnd?
Som Runar pleier å påpeke så har de kampanjer

Sitat
The Athletic, based in San Francisco, is an ad-free, online-only network for local sports coverage. Subscriptions cost $10 a month or $60 a year, though many customers have signed up at lower promotional rates.29. jul. 2019

Sitat
If you look around you'll be able to get 50% off subscription. I personally love it. Especially the team specific stuff, they're always a fantastic and engaging read, and even quality aside, based on the amount of time I spend on it, it's well worth the money. And if you follow multiple sports, then it's a no-brainer.6. feb. 202

Ser man i Phil Hays twitter-historie så har han tidt og ofte linker til promotional codes.

Kikket litt rundt, kjenner man noen som allerede abonnerer er her flere muligheter:

Share a 30-day guest pass with up to 5 friends.
Give a friend unlimited access to The Athletic, free for 30 days.
Det gikk litt fort i stad, men du svarte på det jeg egentlig ville ha svar på. Kampanjer. Takk. Da kan jeg følge med litt på Twitter som jeg i utgangspunktet hadde forlatt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #953 på: Januar 23, 2021, 21:03:11 »

Det gikk litt fort i stad, men du svarte på det jeg egentlig ville ha svar på. Kampanjer. Takk. Da kan jeg følge med litt på Twitter som jeg i utgangspunktet hadde forlatt.

Ser ut som 21. januar var forrige gang han twitret sånt:
https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1352175627143667714?s=20
« Siste redigering: Januar 23, 2021, 21:05:14 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

gekon17

« Svar #954 på: Januar 24, 2021, 01:00:04 »
Theathletic.com/thesquareball 1$ i mnd første seks mnd

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

Killa

« Svar #955 på: Februar 04, 2021, 12:22:56 »
Ny artikkel på The Athletic fra Vice Chairman Paraag Marathe - dette er vel sitater fra en podcast de har laget ser det ut som.
Link til podcast'en nederst i artikkelen.
Dette handler vel like mye om 49'ers sitt forhold og innflytelse på utviklingen framover for Leeds United som det handler om E.R, men poster linken her:

https://theathletic.com/news/leeds-elland-road-expansion/hB5XdFCVWavH
« Siste redigering: Februar 04, 2021, 12:25:17 av Killa »

Larsen.

« Svar #956 på: Februar 04, 2021, 12:25:06 »
Podcasten er tilgjengelig på Itunes og andre plattformer for podcaster. Det er podcasten "The Ornstein & Chapman Podcast".
Pride of Yorkshire

Gordon McUseless

« Svar #957 på: Februar 18, 2021, 16:55:47 »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #958 på: April 10, 2021, 09:30:24 »
Ja, Elland Road, utbygging av West Stand/North Stand, skjer det noe??? :o

Phil Hay får spørsmålet, og svarer så godt han kan:

My understanding is that Leeds are a long way down the road in terms of finalising plans for the West Stand and North Stand (and finding backers to help fund the work). They’re looking at a capacity of around 55,000 and given that they’re staying up this season, it might not be long before we see some blueprints. It would be done in stages to make sure attendances don’t drop too low while work is going on but in a revenue sense, it’s the area where Leeds can make significant strides financially.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #959 på: Mai 15, 2021, 11:04:58 »
Angus Kinnear oppdaterer om planene for Elland Road i The Phil Hay (uten Phil Hay) Show: :)

LEEDS’ ANGUS KINNEAR SHARES ‘BEHIND THE SCENES’ UPDATE ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF ELLAND ROAD
Charles Jones 2 hours ago

Speaking on the Phil Hay Show, Leeds United CEO Angus Kinnear has delivered an update on the development of Elland Road.

Leeds announced plans to expand Elland Road at their centenary celebrations back in 2019, but here we are almost 18 months later, and we haven’t heard much more since.

Luckily, Kinnear gave us the lowdown on what’s happening in this podcast appearance.

“Everybody has agreed that what we have isn’t going to take us to where we want to go, so it’s a matter of when rather than if,” Kinnear said.

“Yeah, so look at the stadiums we need to benchmark ourselves against. We need to be between 50 and 60 thousand to be financially competitive with other world-class stadiums in the Premier League

“We know we have the demand for that, we know that from our season ticket waiting lists, our hospitality waiting lists and we know that Leeds as a city can sustain a club at 50 to 60 thousand.

“The location of the ground isn’t being looked at. We’re in a fantastic location right near the centre and we have a horseshoe of land around the ground we can expand into, which isn’t a luxury that lots of clubs have. The only challenging side is the Elland Road side where we back right onto the road, so to move that way is more challenging and it would also impact the café where I get my lunch.

“The project works on a year-by-year basis where you build on top of one stand while people are still sitting in it and then you move them into the upper tier and complete the stand below, so it’s a process where you don’t lose capacity.

“The visions that we’re seeing are really impressive, it’s something everyone in the city will be proud of and we’re getting a lot of support from the city council, but we’re still at the early stages because our first priority is to sustain Premier League status and then we can build on that.”

Of course, what we all want to know is when can we expect construction to start on the stadium.

Unfortunately, Kinnear was unwilling to give any dates as he didn’t want to promise something he couldn’t deliver on.

“Well, what we’ve been very conscious of is not promising things we’re not sure we can deliver on. Lots of clubs have brought out attractive virtual reality renders of their stadiums and then never delivered against them or delivered 10 or 20 years later. We want to come to the fanbase with a proper consultation with what they want, allow them to input into those designs and then deliver something with financing behind it. We’re not there yet, but the vision is there and the work is going on behind the scenes.”

Just imagine, a 60,000 capacity Elland Road rocking in the Premier League, it would be nothing short of magical.

We can only hope that these plans are put into action sooner rather than later, as it would be a massive shame if Marcelo Bielsa never got to manage in front of the newly-developed stadium.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/05/15/leeds-angus-kinnear-shares-behind-the-scenes-update-on-the-development-of-elland-road/?fbclid=IwAR0URanSu99rYEQujlKQI0yMkp7CbU4VMP8-X8GdWqy7-x-kK4cgxdMQ-us

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan