Skrevet av Emne: Første hjemmekamp: Leeds - southend  (Lest 50633 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

soumoh

Re: Første hjemmekamp: Leeds - southend
« Svar #420 på: August 19, 2007, 03:07:04 »
Ã…h, for en deilig, deilig aften. Er mett, har whiskey-en i hånda og drakta på.

Jeg får bare sitere Dylan, jeg og:

"The whiskey's in the jar and the money's in the bank" (når sant skal sies, har jeg ingen penger i banken)

We'll be back.
We'll be back.

johbjork

« Svar #421 på: August 19, 2007, 03:11:18 »
Flott resultat - gratulerer alle trofaste Leeds-fans.   Nå kan vi feire på lørdagskvelden med god samvittighet.  Skål for Flonaldo!!

Always Leeds !
Always Leeds !

sindre12

« Svar #422 på: August 19, 2007, 03:23:00 »
Leeds i love you!!

Rykker opp!!....

44 games to go:D

Beckford 4 England!
Beckford 4 England!

Sten

« Svar #423 på: August 19, 2007, 03:39:20 »
Både FK Arendal, Leeds og Odd-seier idag. Skål, ja! :D

Sten
Sten

Bjalle Skien

« Svar #424 på: August 19, 2007, 03:52:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by Sten

Både FK Arendal, Leeds og Odd-seier idag. Skål, ja! :D

Sten

Kom ifra stadioen hvor jeg har sett Odd vinne og så ser jeg at Leeds vant, kan ikke huske når det skjedde sist i forrige sessong...

www.jarlebakke.tk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #425 på: August 19, 2007, 05:17:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by soumoh
"The whiskey's in the jar and the money's in the bank" (når sant skal sies, har jeg ingen penger i banken)

...nå har jo ikke "røsten fra Midtvesten" sagt at det var "forfatterens penger" som var i banken. Det ér penger i banken, sant nok... [:X]

The man in me will hide sometimes. To keep from bein' seen
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine
Took a woman like you to get through. To the man in me

B.Dylan
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

kjelvi

« Svar #426 på: August 19, 2007, 05:28:34 »
WHITES LEAVE IT LATE TO HIT FOUR

Leeds left it late to eventually claim a comfortable 4-1 victory over Southend after squandering a series of chances earlier in the game.
Alan Thompson stepped up and dispatched a trademark free-kick into the top-right corner of the goal to give the Whites the advantage but Southend equalised in the second half with a header from Adam Barrett.
Boss Dennis Wise eventually introduced Tore Andre Flo and minutes after coming off the bench the Norwegian volleyed home a Rui Marques knockdown from 12 yards to restore the home side's lead.
Marques added a third and Jermaine Beckford capped a fine individual performance with spectacular fourth in injury time.

SportingLife
« Siste redigering: August 19, 2007, 05:29:10 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #427 på: August 19, 2007, 05:52:50 »
Leeds go with the Flo
LEEDS UNITED made further inroads into their points deficit thanks to a hat-trick of goals in the final four minutes.
Tore Andre Flo, Jermaine Beckford and Rui Marques grabbed the all-important strikes as United finished superbly to nudge their points tally up to minus nine.
Southend had thought they had done enough to claim a point after Adam Barrett had cancelled out Alan Thompson's early strike with a 70th minute equaliser.
But their spirit was broken when Flo smashed the ball into the net with just four minutes remaining to restore the home side's lead.
And then Rui Marques made sure the points were safe by heading Sebastien Carole's corner into the net off the underside of the crossbar with a minute to go.
Beckford then completed the scoring with a drilled shot in the fourth minute of stoppage time to send the fans home happy.
After a 15-minute delay to cater for a bumper crowd of 24,036, Leeds enjoyed a dream start when Peter Clarke fouled Jermaine Beckford 25 yards from the Southend goal.
The United fans on the Kop were in no doubt who should step forward, chanting Alan Thompson's name as the former England international curled an exquisite shot over the wall and into the corner of the net.
It was just the start Leeds wanted but, in truth, it was Southend who went on to enjoy the better of the play with Alan McCormack thumping a 20-yard shout against the inside of the post.
Matt Harrold also went close before Leeds came close to adding to their lead before the break when Ian Westlake missed a simple chance after fine build-up work between Beckford and David Prutton.
Souhend equalised 20 minutes from time when Alan McCormack skipped down the left before drilling a low cross that Lee Bradbury turned goalwards.
Casper Ankergren made a fine save but was unable to stop Shrimpers captain Adam Barrett from heading the rebound into the net.
It did not prove costly, though, thanks to the late strikes by Flo, Beckford and Rui Marques.

YP

kjelvi

« Svar #428 på: August 19, 2007, 05:55:12 »
Leeds United 4 Southend United 1

The League One table makes frustrating reading for Leeds United, but the Elland Road club are minus nine and counting.

Cast into the wilderness by the Football League a fortnight ago, United seem intent on belittling their 15 point punishment, and a crushing victory over Southend United yesterday edged them closer towards the tail of the League One crowd.
Relegation ought to have been United's concern this season, and may still be, but it is impossible not to wonder where the new campaign is heading.
Leeds began their term by producing a win at Tranmere Rovers in the 89th minute last weekend, and yesterday's success seemed equally fated after three goals in the final four minutes salvaged another unlikely victory. A small tide is developing at Elland Road and, for the time being at least, its direction is unerringly positive.
A nine-point gap exists between United and Southend, who occupy 23rd place in League One, but the deficit is placed in a better context by the realisation that it stood at 15 just eight days ago. Leeds are not out of trouble, nor is the health of the club conclusively repaired, but it is difficult to remember a time when Elland Road was so lacking in dissatisfied supporters. The late finishes from Tore Andre Flo, Rui Marques and Jermaine Beckford which secured yesterday's result left the stadium pulsating.
Ten months ago, a league game against Southend heralded the launch of Wise's reign, and the beginning of what has been a compelling story of football management.
Southend's involvement in United's first home fixture of the new season yesterday suited the occasion, not least because Wise has strived to portray this term as a fresh beginning and a second coming.
Leeds marked Wise's managerial debut with a 2-0 win over the Essex club last October, but the campaign as a whole was a false start for the 40-year-old. After the confusion and uncertainty of this summer, it was something of an achievement that he was in the dug-out to welcome Southend to Elland Road for a second time. In the darkest hours of administration and the fight for the club's Football League share, it was not always certain to be so.
His loyalty to United, however, has slowly generated affection among the club's supporters, and last weekend's victory over Tranmere Rovers ensured that he was greeted yesterday with arguably more enthusiasm than he was 10 months ago.
The demand for tickets – and United's inability to accept credit card payments, a legacy of administration which is likely to be resolved next week – delayed kick-off by 15 minutes, a motivational tool that Wise will have jumped on in his dressing room.
Even before they exited the tunnel, his players will have anticipated the deafening reception that met them. The attendance at Elland Road crept over 24,000, and that size of crowd will take some beating beneath the Championship. The immediate depression caused by the Football League's penalty seems ever more distant.
Wise made two changes to the line-up fielded at Tranmere, adding David Prutton and Jonathan Douglas to his midfield, while Andrew Hughes' switch to left-back highlighted the imminent departure of Eddie Lewis to Derby County, another remnant of a bygone era.
Referee Neil Swarbrick finally set the fixture in motion at around 3.20pm, and what followed was pure theatre.
Beckford was pulled back in the third minute after dribbling past Peter Clarke, and a free-kick deep inside Southend's half had Alan Thompson's name stamped on it. United's captain sized up the visitors' wall and beat Darryl Flahavan from 30 yards with a curling strike which dipped into the right-hand side of the goalkeeper's net.
Elland Road erupted, and Wise soon left his seat in the stand and headed for the dug-out. Seven days earlier he had done the same, descending to the touchline at Prenton Park to repair the damage of his side's first-half concession to Tranmere. Yesterday, he was able to take his place in the technical area prematurely with a victory already beckoning.
Free-kicks are Thompson's specialty; that is, in part, why Wise recruited him. But defensive skills are less apparent on the midfielder's resume, and his contribution in the third minute was almost negated by a bad error 11 minutes later.
Thompson was dispossessed cheaply by Alan McCormack 10 yards from Casper Ankergren's box, and McCormack beat United's keeper with a vicious shot which crashed against the inside of the post. But the ball bounced across Ankergren's line before dribbling to safety; four months ago it would doubtless have found the corner of the net. Fortune is unquestionably in United's favour.
Southend, however, passed the half-hour mark with the distinct impression that the narrow scoreline was flattering their hosts.
Matt Harold brought an excellent save from Ankergren in the 26th minute after driving Kevin Maher's cross into the ground, and another effort from Harrold two minutes later was inches away from levelling the score.
The striker's shot caught the boot of Frazer Richardson and whistled past Ankergren's right-hand post, crashing into the advertising hoardings with the Danish keeper stranded.
But Leeds threatened in flashes, and should have improved their lead before the interval.
Jermaine Beckford flashed a volley wide from close range after Clarke misjudged Thompson's pass into the box, and Westlake failed to connect with a cross from Beckford which was begging to be finished in the 33rd minute. Flahavan then intervened to tip Douglas' header over the crossbar.
But after a promising half, the second period brought signs of the nervous streak which affected United so badly last season, and Southend produced an equaliser in the 68th minute after a short period of dominance.
McCormack broke free on the left wing and cut a cross into United's box, where Lee Bradbury drove a shot at Ankergren. The keeper repelled the ball with a brilliant parry but Adam Barrett followed up and nodded a header into the empty net.
United's response, however, was urgent and effective. Tresor Kandol had already seen a header cleared off the line when Sebastien Carole's 86th -minute cross rebounded into the path of substitute Flo, who rattled home a powerful volley.
Three minutes later, Marques rose to guide Carole's corner into the far corner of the net, and Beckford completed the win with a low finish in injury-time after breaking clear of Southend's defence. Whisper it quietly, but the bandwagon is rolling.

Leeds United: Ankergren, Richardson, Heath, Marques, Hughes (Parker 72), Prutton (Flo 80), Thompson, Douglas, Westlake (Carole 42), Kandol, Beckford. Subs (not used): Howson, Weston.
Southend United: Flahavan, Gilbert (Richards 82), Clarke, Barrett, Wilson, Campbell-Ryce, McCormack, Bailey, Gower, Bradbury (McDonald 82), Harrold. Subs (not used): Collis, Black, Hooper.
Referee: Neil Swarbrick (Lancashire).
Attendance: 24,036

YEP
« Siste redigering: August 19, 2007, 05:55:37 av kjelvi »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #429 på: August 19, 2007, 06:19:52 »

Fra waccoes player ratings-spalte:
FLO: 7.5 Another sub that changed the game, top marks to Wise and calm finish for the goal. One hell of a passionate player if his celebration is anything to go by.

Ser man på hva som sies om kampen, så er det jo tydelig at vi ikke var all verden mellom 5. og 80. minutt. Men Carola gav oss bredde, og vi haddde da bra uttelling in the end.

Typisk nok: Det er flott å "vinne på middels dager"
- det viktigste npå er å komme igang poengmessig, så får heller "flyten i spillet" komme etter hvert...

- men vi kan ikke fortsette å ha flaks hver gang.  Får håpe vi har lært av disse kampene og makter å justere. Dét skal Wise'ern ha nå,han har bidratt til å endre kampbildene til det bedre undervegs i kampene.

Liker også at Rui mer & mer står frem som Lucas II [:)]

The man in me will hide sometimes. To keep from bein' seen
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine
Took a woman like you to get through. To the man in me

B.Dylan
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

McMidjo

• På juniorlaget
  • Winning doesn't really matter - as long as you win
    • Vis profil
    • Bremnerbloggen
« Svar #430 på: August 19, 2007, 06:31:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by Asbjørn

Fra waccoes player ratings-spalte:
FLO: 7.5 Another sub that changed the game, top marks to Wise and calm finish for the goal. One hell of a passionate player if his celebration is anything to go by.

Ser man på hva som sies om kampen, så er det jo tydelig at vi ikke var all verden mellom 5. og 80. minutt. Men Carola gav oss bredde, og vi haddde da bra uttelling in the end.

Typisk nok: Det er flott å "vinne på middels dager"
- det viktigste npå er å komme igang poengmessig, så får heller "flyten i spillet" komme etter hvert...

Jeg synes ihvertfall det er flott å vinne 4-1 på en middels dag!
So-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans - We are here....

Alu69

« Svar #431 på: August 19, 2007, 14:35:43 »
Til Auren
Takk for tipset!! Har fjerna fødselsdato fra profilen min. Er 38 år....

Marching on together, we`re gonna see you win .......

Andreas
« Siste redigering: August 19, 2007, 14:39:09 av Alu69 »
Marching on together, we`re gonna see you win .......

Andreas V. Lunde
Medlem av Stord Whites

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #432 på: August 19, 2007, 15:49:57 »
Det er vidunderlig å oppleve seiere igjen...se bilder av jublende karer i hvitt!
Yeboahs vitne

Ferre

« Svar #433 på: August 19, 2007, 16:43:09 »
Rating fra Maverick Whites:

Ankergren - busy at times, but coped with most things 6
Richardson - average 6
Hughes - clearly not his position, a one footed right footer, but was very comfortable 6
Heath - lack of pace again caused occasional worry 6
Rui Marques - occasionally tested, first goal for United 6.5
Westlake - off injured, but made little impact 5.5
Douglas - short of pace/inspiration, ineffective 5.5
Thompson - set-pieces were good all afternoon, great goal 7
Prutton - hasn't impressed in pre-season, was poor at Macclesfield, his fitness is poor, but today second half there were signs that he might do a job for us, certainly looks like a footballer 6.5
Beckford - never stops running, is a constant threat, not the most talented player in the world, and has probably found his level, but he will get goals, and his industry, and attitude are to be admired. That goal will give him a massive lift 7
Kandol - deary me, what can you say. His work rate is excellent, and his aerial ability will set chances up for his partners, but with the ball at his feet he is an embarrassment, and will probably need five chances to score one 5

Subs

Carole - had by far his best outing in a United shirt, but then again that isn't saying anything, whether he will take confidence from today and take his game onto another level, I strongly doubt. But today I don't think I once uttered the words "French coward" 6.5
Flo - I think he only had about one touch, but more of the same please Tore 6.5

-WE'LL BE BACK-
« Siste redigering: August 19, 2007, 16:44:08 av Ferre »

Robert

« Svar #434 på: August 19, 2007, 17:27:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by Asbjørn

- men vi kan ikke fortsette å ha flaks hver gang.  

Hvorfor ikke? Har ikke noe imot det jeg [:D]
Ved problemer med forumet, ta kontakt via PM

Budda

« Svar #435 på: August 19, 2007, 19:57:27 »
Jeg vil se mål. Er det noen som har en link?
Endre

raggen

« Svar #436 på: August 19, 2007, 20:01:58 »
herlig herlig. sitter paa ferie i bulgaria og folger med paa nettet. blir slappe dager og koser meg med ol og fotball. livet er herlig(saa lenge leeds vinner) :)

OOOOOHH AHHHHH DERRY IS GONNA GET YA!!!
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Jon R

« Svar #437 på: August 19, 2007, 20:27:07 »
Så, hvem scorte mål nummer tre igår? Kandol eller Rui? De "lærde" strides. Jeg håper det var Kandol. Han trenger så mye selvtillit han kan få. [:)]

Jon R.
Jon R.

SveinArve

« Svar #438 på: August 19, 2007, 20:33:56 »
noen som har kommet over videoklipp fra kampen i går?

------------------------------
CCC - here we come

http://www.godoyil.no
Proud member of LUSCOS

http://www.skarbovikfotball.blogspot.com

Kjell Skjerven

« Svar #439 på: August 19, 2007, 20:43:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by SveinArve

CCC - here we come

ja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viS8PlJs_f0

Side before self,every time.

Sleivind

« Svar #440 på: August 19, 2007, 21:03:10 »
Da fikk vi et klart svar på hvem som scorte mål nummer 3, det var desverre ikke Kandol, men det var nummer 5, Marques.

Budda

« Svar #441 på: August 19, 2007, 21:14:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by Kjell Skjerven

quote:

CCC - here we come

ja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viS8PlJs_f0

Takker og bukker!!!
Endre

lidsjunaited

« Svar #442 på: August 19, 2007, 21:30:05 »
Intervju med Wise etter kampen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGr01jtXUlA&mode=related&search=

Noen snodige problemer med lyden etterhvert. [:I]

Moore 4 England!

SveinArve

« Svar #443 på: August 19, 2007, 21:44:14 »
Bruker Bates damebriller??

CCC - here we come

Proud member of LUSCOS

SveinArve

« Svar #444 på: August 19, 2007, 21:45:43 »
I programbladet så er side 15 gjort om til -15. Spiller nr 15 er spiller nr -15. Og de har printet inn The REAL leaguetable. hehe. konge

CCC - here we come

Proud member of LUSCOS

SveinArve

« Svar #445 på: August 19, 2007, 21:48:07 »
samholdet i laget virker sinnsykt bra. Genial ide å samle laget i en sirkel etter kampen. Spennende å sjå om de gjør det når de taper også:)

CCC - here we come

Proud member of LUSCOS

Robert

« Svar #446 på: August 19, 2007, 23:50:15 »
quote:

samholdet i laget virker sinnsykt bra. Genial ide å samle laget i en sirkel etter kampen. Spennende å sjå om de gjør det når de taper også:)

CCC - here we come

Vel, det får du nok ikke vite denne sesongen her [;)]
Ved problemer med forumet, ta kontakt via PM