Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs. Brighton 20/10  (Lest 39577 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: KAMP: vs. Brighton 20/10
« Svar #30 på: Oktober 16, 2007, 21:55:12 »
Full house for Leeds
Brighton's home match with Leeds this Saturday has sold out.
The game is one of the biggest at home this season and with both teams going into the game with a good spell of form (although Leeds' is more impressive), many stay away fans will surely have been tempted to visit the Withdean in the hope Brighton can defy the odds.
Elsewhere, there is a mixture of good and bad injury news ahead of the match. Nicky Forster and Guy Butters are back in training and should be back in the side for Saturday and should add some experience to the side.
But Albion will have to make do without suspended Dean Cox and are sweating on the fitness of on loan midfielder George O'Callaghan who is suffering with a hamstring injury and is rated doubtful at this stage.

bha.vitalfootball.co.uk

BERGH

« Svar #31 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 08:30:14 »
Brighton har ikke sluppet inn mål på ca 7 timer.  Dette blir målfattig hvis ikke ........  ;D

Leeeeeeeeeeeeds

« Svar #32 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 10:06:44 »
Tror dette blir en vanskelig kamp , men håper selvfølgelig på tre nye poeng. Virker som om Kandol fikk mye pepper etter straffemissen, noe som selvfølgelig er berettiget, men er litt usikker på hvordan han tar det. Kommer han sterkere tilbake eller depper han og kan det være en grunn til at han venter med å fornye kontrakten. GO LEEDS     MOT
HI MY NAME IS LEEDS, AND WHY NOT. THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

Sleivind

« Svar #33 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 11:32:34 »
Tror nok dessverre at Kandol er en humørspiller av dimensjoner. Han gjør det bra så lenge laget gjør det bra, men tror ikke Kandol er den spilleren vi kan stole mest på når motgangen kommer (om den kommer da :P).

kjelvi

« Svar #34 på: Oktober 18, 2007, 13:05:51 »
O'Callaghan doubt for Leeds clash
Brighton midfielder George O'Callaghan is struggling to be fit for Saturday's crunch League One clash with Leeds at the Withdean.
The on-loan Ipswich playmaker went into last Saturday's win at Port Vale with a sore hamstring, and the problem has flared up again in training this week.
"We thought George was going to be okay but his hamstring tightened," manager Dean Wilkins told the Argus.
"That is not why he came off in the second half, but it was playing him up and now he is struggling with it."

kjelvi

« Svar #35 på: Oktober 19, 2007, 08:24:21 »
The Team That Everyone Wants To Beat

When the fixtures for the current season were announced there couldn`t have been many Brighton fans that didn`t look first and foremost for the date of the much anticipated clash with Yorkshire`s mighty crisis club Leeds United.
This is borne out by the fact that this coming Saturdays showdown at the Withdean is already a sell out. The two clubs have had some explosive encounters over the years and this game should provide more of the same.
Love them or hate them, the majority of football fans have an opinion on Leeds United and those opinions are quite often divided. Some sympathise and see them as a football giant with a proud and successful history that have fallen on hard times through no real fault of their own and don`t deserve what has happened to them. Others however see them as a side with delusions of grandeur who are living off past glories, a club who has over-spent and are now paying the price for it.
One thing is for sure; they are the side that everyone in Division 1 wants to beat….but no one has managed to do that, yet.
Another thing that cannot be disputed is the passion and loyalty of United`s long suffering fans who have stuck by their side through all the troubles and continue to support the side in their masses despite the side being in their lowest ever league position. There are not many sides that have had similar troubles who can say that.
United still attract quality players and have a squad to make most clubs in this division envious and despite a 15 point deduction they have made a flying start and if their current form continues their stay in this division will be a short one.
This is sure to be Brighton`s toughest test of the season so far, but the Albion will be confident going into the game having been unbeaten in the last 5 matches.
It promises to be a close and exciting contest. Here`s hoping that the Seagulls can keep up their 100% record at Withdean against Yorkshires 6th best side!!
One final thought: Those Albion fans who dislike them may do well to remember that it was thanks to the Leeds United that Brighton and Hove Albion actually stayed in existence back in 1993 when a £350,000 transfer fee was paid to the Seagulls for keeper Mark Beeney. This payment was immediately whisked over to the tax office to pay off an outstanding final demand and the Albion were saved from going under.
The manager of Leeds at this time was ex-Albion playing legend Howard Wilkinson!!

bha.vitalfootball.co.uk

Sheridan

« Svar #36 på: Oktober 19, 2007, 15:50:10 »

THE completion of Sebastien Carole's transfer to the Withdean Stadium two years ago was dependent in part on Brighton's willingness to sweeten his contract with a relegation release clause.  Carole liked the thought of joining a Championship club, but the details of his deal revealed slight uncertainty over the likelihood of Brighton remaining in that division. Having come to England from Monaco by way of a loan at West Ham United, the Frenchman also seemed personally concerned about the prospect of being dragged out of the country's primary two divisions. The clause was exercised last summer when Albion's relegation gave Leeds United the opportunity to sign Carole on a free transfer, but moving north to United was not the escape it appeared to be. The winger began on the fringes of United's squad, and then disappeared from view altogether. As recently as the summer just gone, Carole's future role with Leeds was clouded in doubt.

He had seen himself as a Championship player, but Dennis Wise was not entirely certain whether Carole could meet the requirements of League One. The answer provided has been so conclusive that his is now among the first names scribbled onto Wise's teamsheet.

"Seb has become a better player," said Wise. "He also realised that when he thought he was doing great he was actually doing not-so-great. His agent had a chat with him and said 'Seb, if you don't do it at this level then what are you going to do?' I think he knows it's a big year for him, and so far he's been fantastic. He's in a strong situation because he's first, second or third on my team sheet at the moment. That's because of how well he's playing."

Carole's form should not be a surprise. He was a student of Didier Deschamps at Monaco and was talented enough to convince Alan Pardew to take him to West Ham on loan from the Mediterranean principality in 2004, 12 months before Brighton prised him from Monaco. But after only four months at Elland Road, Leeds were reflecting on his modest impact and wondering whether a parting of ways might suit both the club and the player. Their doubts forced Carole to swallow an unhealthy dose of reality, and decide if the transfer had been a mistake. He chose instead to ride out the storm. The watershed for Carole came this summer when, frustrated by a number of the 25-year-old's performances, Wise sent him home to analyse video recordings of his own displays.

Wise had raised several criticisms, and Carole saw his point. The effect has been gradually evident this season, and last weekend he produced arguably his most influential display during United's 1-1 draw with Leyton Orient.

Carole said: "The manager gave me some videos of pre-season games and showed me what I needed to do, and what I didn't do. He wanted me to cross the ball and to be more decisive in the team. He used the video to explain things properly and it's important to watch yourself. I've tried to change to make myself better. At the moment it's working and I hope it keeps working all season long. A football player has to improve every day and every year, and with every manager. I've known a lot of managers – Didier Deschamps at Monaco, Mark McGhee at Brighton and Alan Pardew at West Ham. You need to learn from them. I've done six or seven assists and scored two goals, and when you do that you deserve a place in the starting 11. But everyone here can play in this team."

By coincidence, both of Carole's goals have come during the two games in which United have dropped points this season, against Gillingham last month and Leyton Orient last Saturday. Carole was the dominant influence in Wise's line-up against Orient, and his majestic goal in the 55th-minute earned Leeds their point. Tomorrow will see his first appearance at Brighton since his transfer to Elland Road, but the pressure on his position is such that he will pay little attention to the personal significance of United's 12th League One fixture. The right-footed winger has been tied to the left-side of midfield this season, but the competition for places in what is often a problematic position for English managers has grown fierce. Ian Westlake has matched Carole's tally of goals this season in a third of the number of starts, and Filipe Da Costa possesses pace which neither of the Portuguese's colleagues can contend with.

"Seb has to keep it up," said Wise. "Westlake is waiting, and Da Costa is waiting. A few of them are, and Seb knows that if he slips below he could be sitting next to me. A lot of players are fed up of sitting next to me, and they want to get in. But it's impossible at the moment, it really is."

Carole appears untroubled by the internal rivalry at Elland Road. "In football you've always got competition between players, and I think it's good," he said. "It puts pressure on every player and I'll have to work hard to stay in my position."

His experience of Yorkshire has not developed as he thought it might when he left Brighton, but his potential is brimming now in the way United expected it would 15 months ago.The former Monaco trainee has laid on more goals than any other player at Elland Road – a meaningful statistic which has supported United's run of 11 games without defeat – and Leeds will look again to his creativity tomorrow. The Withdean Stadium can be an unforgiving stadium, as Carole knows well. The Frenchman played for Brighton against Leeds in 2006, when United lost on the south coast. Albion's 2-1 victory earned three points for a side who would later finish at the foot of the Championship against a team who were working towards the play-off final.

Carole said: "I don't think they've got a secret, but it is a difficult place to go because it's not the best stadium in the world. Every game is difficult but this one is especially because we haven't got the crowd we're used to having for every game, because of the stadium. We have to deal with that and play like we've been playing. And we absolutely have to win."

Roy

« Svar #37 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 09:56:53 »
Satser på at vi er på hugget igjen i dag. Kan klatre helt oppunder play-off om alle res går vår vei  :P
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

janove

« Svar #38 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 10:35:51 »
I uka etter at Leeds U vant sin 7. kamp, ble det satset mye penger på, når det første tapet ville komme.
Brorparten av pengene er satset på Leeds U tap mot Brighton!
Får håpe det er mange som taper pengene sine!
Informasjonsdirektør Graham Sharpe, hos William Hill, tipper 2-0 seier til Brighton.
Forøvrig så tipper Peter Lorimer uavgjort 1-1 og Norman Hunter tipper 0-0. ( fredagens papirutgave av YEP )

Robert

« Svar #39 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 11:10:47 »
Dette blir en spennende kamp.
Ekstra spennende blir det også for forumet, som får sin første ordentlige utfordring.
Ved problemer med forumet, ta kontakt via PM

DaGa

« Svar #40 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 12:25:18 »
Skal jobbe denne lørdagen også. Oppdateringer på 45 42 67 58 mottas med :-*  ;D
We all LOVE LEEDS!

Hallgeir *

« Svar #41 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 12:46:05 »
Som tidligere skrevet er jeg skeptisk til denne kampen, og jeg vil nok ikke være direkte misfornøyd med et uavgjort resultat.  :)
Super Leeds since 1968

Leeeeeeeeeeeeds

« Svar #42 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 13:31:12 »
Vi vinner og klatrer oppover tabellen. Jeg skal ikke sette penger på kampen, selv om jeg har skikkelig lyst!!!!
HI MY NAME IS LEEDS, AND WHY NOT. THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

Sheridan

« Svar #43 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 13:28:53 »
Har også en litt uggen feeling til denne matchen nede på sørkysten.

Sølvreven

« Svar #44 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:11:42 »
Endelig kampdag igjen. Satser på at vi rister av oss Brighton spøkelset en gang for alle i år. Håper at Kandol spiller på ser litt selvtillit og at han og Becks finner nettet igjen. Det skal jo ikke være så vanskelig å finne. Det står jo bestandig på samme plass, heeeelt på enden av banen... ::) ;D ;D

Leedsoholic. Oppfinneren av "pretting".

kilgallon

« Svar #45 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:20:19 »
Klart vi vinner. 4-0  :) :) :)

Becks til 1-0 i slutten av første omgang og så tre raske kontringsmål ved Becks, Kandol og Carola i andre. Så enkelt kan fotball være  ;D

Sølvreven

« Svar #46 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:22:44 »
Laget
Ankers
Frazers Marques Heath Clapham
Prutton Hughes Doughlas Carole
Becks Candol

auren

« Svar #47 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:27:51 »
Merkelig at Da Costa ikke er å finne på benken. Der sitter nemlig Lucas, Huntington, Westlake, Andrews og De Vries.

auren, ikke så veldig fornøyd med benken... :-\
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

kilgallon

« Svar #48 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:29:08 »
Sitat
Laget
Ankers
Becks Cando

Er det offisielt???

Sølvreven

« Svar #49 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:29:20 »
Sølvreven
Heller ikke særlig fornøyd med benken >:(

Sølvreven

« Svar #50 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:30:01 »
Sitat
Laget
Ankers
Becks Cando

Er det offisielt???
Jepp

Ferre

« Svar #51 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:31:13 »
Hvorfor i helv... er ikke Da Costa på benken?! I stede for sitter inkompetente Andrews der... :(

sportcarl1

« Svar #52 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:31:49 »
Känns som leeds är inne i en liten formsvacka så idag är jag nöjd med oavgjort

auren

« Svar #53 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:32:18 »
Skal nok ikke kimse av uavgjort i dag nei. Men tipper vi vinner 1-0 etter et tidlig mål av Beckford.

Ser vi på tabellen ligger Brighton på 8.plass. Vi har forøvrig møtt alle de 6 øverste laga 8)

auren
Edit: Ser at Carlisle ligger på sjetteplass, et lag vi enda ikke har møtt, og at Brighton ligger på 9.plass. Tror det har vært noen endringer på tabellen etter sist Leedskamp. :-X
« Siste redigering: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:34:36 av auren »
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

jokern

« Svar #54 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:45:11 »
Jeg tror også det blir en tøff kamp i dag.
Uavgjort er nok et greit resultat borte mot Brighton.

Men håper jo alltids på seier ;D

Playmaker

« Svar #55 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:52:26 »
en uduglig lånespiller som ikke kan tilføre laget noe utover å være et 4.de valg av spissene idag...

Eneste logiske forklaring er at Costa er syk eller småskadet...

Dette er en viktig kamp... seier her og vi virkelig setter standarden fremover!!!

Tom S

« Svar #56 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:54:14 »
Vanskelig bortekamp på ei bane der Leeds United ikkje har den beste statistikken.
Med 11 kamper utan tap nærmar det seg at tapet kjem...

Har sjølv tippa 1-2 tap idag.
Takker ja til 1p idag.
Men, heldigvis er ballen fortsatt rund og 3p er ikkje umulig!

Marching On Together !!
« Siste redigering: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:55:47 av Tom S »
COME ON LEEDS !!

Sheridan

« Svar #57 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:56:44 »
COME ON LEEDS!

flynn

« Svar #58 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:59:05 »
Endelig på plass foran radioapparatet. Jeg går motstrøms, og tipper faktisk at vi hever oss igjen og drar inn 3 poeng i dag!

flynn

Sølvreven

« Svar #59 på: Oktober 20, 2007, 15:59:38 »
Hmmm. Personlig tipper jeg ALDRI at Leeds taper.  Det er forsåvidt en av grunnene til at jeg sluttet å levere tippekupongen for 8 år siden. Den andre grunnen er at jeg aldri vant........ Har aldri angret, jeg.  8)