Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part III  (Lest 47125 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part III
« Svar #210 på: Desember 23, 2007, 00:22:23 »
BLACKPOOL manager Simon Grayson has signed a new deal until 2011.  Grayson, 38, said: “There has been a lot of talk about it but it has never been top of my agenda to get it sorted.”  (The Sun)

Grayson - happy at Blackpool.

GRAYSONS PENS NEW SEASIDERS DEAL

Blackpool manager Simon Grayson has extended his contract at the club until 2010, and has revealed he is loving life at Bloomfield Road.
Grayson, who succeeded Colin Hendry in November 2005, has penned a new two-and-a-half year deal.
The 38-year-old former Leicester and Blackpool defender was linked with the vacant managerial positions at Burnley and Leicester last month, but has committed his future to the Seasiders.
"I am pleased to sign it. Obviously there has been a lot of talk about it over the last few weeks and months, but it has never been top of my agenda to get it sorted," Grayson told the club's official website.
"I have wanted to carry on getting things right on the field, but I have had a lengthy conversations with the chairman and (club president) Mr Belokon over the last couple of weeks and we got round to getting a few things agreed and I am really pleased to have signed it.
"I've loved every minute I have been here. I was lucky enough to have played here as a player and then obviously the chairman gave me my break as a manager. I have never been unhappy for one minute since I have been here."

PA Sport

kjelvi

« Svar #211 på: Desember 23, 2007, 20:05:17 »
Unhappy strikers Benni McCarthy (Blackburn) and Mark Viduka (Newcastle) are set to swap clubs in an exchange deal. (News of the World)

kjelvi

« Svar #212 på: Desember 23, 2007, 20:05:54 »
Micky Adams and Steve Cotterill have applied for the vacant managerial role at Brentford. (News of the World)

kjelvi

« Svar #213 på: Desember 23, 2007, 20:06:41 »
Derby want Calum Davenport from West Ham but face competition from Sheffield United in the battle to land Gary Speed. (Sunday Star)

kjelvi

« Svar #214 på: Desember 23, 2007, 20:23:25 »
Mills' Charlton spell may be over   

Charlton were keen to keep Mills 

Danny Mills may have played his last game for Charlton after being sent off in the 1-1 draw with Hull.
Mills, who is on loan from Manchester City until the new year, was dismissed for using foul and abusive language.
"We have been discussing the situation with City in terms of keeping Danny," said Charlton manager Alan Pardew.
"We need to absorb what happened here on the back of that. It's difficult to reflect now. He will miss three games, so we have a big decision to make."
Mills was sent off after reacting angrily following a clash with Hull striker Caleb Folan.
Pardew added: "It (the sending off) was for something he said and not something he did. I'm afraid that's inexcusable."

BBC

kjelvi

« Svar #215 på: Desember 25, 2007, 12:05:09 »
Blades agree deal to sign Speed   

Speed will link up with Bryan Robson at Bramall Lane

Sheffield United have agreed a deal to sign Gary Speed from Bolton on 1 January, BBC Radio Sheffield reports.
The 38-year-old will join the Blades on a short-term loan before signing permanently for a fee around £250,000.
The former Wales captain is expected to make his debut against Wolves at Molineux on New Year's Day.
Blades' chairman Terry Robinson said Speed will sign an 18-month playing contract with an option for a further 12 months as a coach.
Robinson said: "He has a wealth of experience and will drive on the rest of our midfield.
"He feels Sheffield United can be a major driving force in English football and we hope he'll help bring some success back to the club "
Boss Bryan Robson said: "I tried to get Gary before the season started but Bolton wouldn't release him.
"Since then I spoke to Sammy Lee before deadline day and then Gary Megson but got the same answer so it has been an ongoing thing."
(...)

"While we don't want to lose someone of his undoubted talent and ability it is a good move for him and I am sure he'll do well at Sheffield"
Bolton manager Gary Megson

Bolton manager Gary Megson said that Speed was leaving with their blessing.
"Gary wants games and at his age it's important for him to play," he said.
"While we don't want to lose someone of his undoubted talent and ability it is a good move for him and I am sure he'll do well at Sheffield.
"He's a model professional and has been absolutely 100% since I came here and we wish him well."

BBC

--

LONDON (AP) - Midfielder Gary Speed will move from Bolton to Sheffield United in the January transfer window.
The 38-year-old Speed will move on a loan deal to the League Championship club from Jan. 1 with a view to a permanent contract.
"I tried to get Gary before the season started, but Bolton wouldn't release him,'' Sheffield United manager Bryan Robson said Monday.
Speed has only played six times under Bolton manager Gary Megson, who took charge on Oct. 25 after Sammy Lee was fired. Speed briefly held a player-coaching role under Lee, but stepped down to concentrate on his playing career.
Speed was not in the Bolton team that beat Birmingham 3-0 in the Premier League on Saturday.
Robson said he had long been an admirer of Speed.
"He's a very experienced player, a youthful late-30s type whose knowledge will be invaluable to us,'' said Robson, who said Speed would be in the squad for the match against Wolverhampton on Jan. 1.
Speed holds the record of playing the most number of Premier League matches, with 521 games.

AP
« Siste redigering: Desember 25, 2007, 12:53:15 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #216 på: Desember 25, 2007, 12:11:20 »
[Venables is now in line to become Republic of Ireland boss. (Various)
Ireland offer sacked Venables instant return
The Irish Football Association (FAI) had previously been in touch with Venables to explore the idea and a positive response was tempered only by England's possible participation in next year's tournament.
Terry Venables has moved a step closer to becoming the new Republic of Ireland manager. The FAI management committee met in Dublin last night and to ratify the former England boss as their first choice. (Daily Mail)
Venables open to Republic offer     
Terry Venables has acknowledged that he would consider any offer to take the vacant Republic of Ireland job.
Venables is being tipped to succeed Steve Staunton but he said on Sunday that he had not yet been approached by the Football Association of Ireland.
"If it comes around I will think about it then but not before," said the former England manager.
Former England international Paul Ince says it is a "sad indictment of us as a nation" that the FA is consulting so many foreigners about who should be England boss, and would re-appoint Glenn Hoddle or Terry Venables (Times).
Sunderland boss Roy Keane says he has been told by Republic of Ireland players that they want Terry Venables as the new manager.
Venables on Bulgarian shortlist   
Bulgaria have made an approach to former England coach Terry Venables about the possibility of him taking charge of their national team.
Venables is one of five foreign coaches on a seven-man shortlist drawn up by the Bulgarian Football Union.

Terry Venables is in the frame to take over as Fulham boss after the sacking of Lawrie Sanchez. (Independent)
« Siste redigering: Desember 25, 2007, 12:48:09 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #217 på: Desember 25, 2007, 12:49:41 »
Former Aston Villa and Leeds manager David O'Leary ready for another job

Former Aston Villa and Leeds manager David O'Leary wants to return to soccer management.
The Irishman hasn't worked with a soccer club since leaving Villa Park in July 2006. While he has been linked with the vacant Ireland national team job, O'Leary said he did not want to rush into a decision.
"It's got to be the right one,'' O'Leary told Sky Sports News on Monday. "If the right one comes, you'll see David O'Leary back pretty quickly.''
O'Leary left Aston Villa after three years in charge after disagreements with former chairman Doug Ellis over transfers.
Before Villa, O'Leary managed Leeds from 1998 until 2002, a period which included a semifinals appearance in the Champions League and a lengthy assault trial for defender Jonathan Woodgate and midfielder Lee Bowyer.
"I think I had too much to say over an 18-month period at Leeds, at the back end,'' O'Leary said. "Lots of it to do with the limelight from the trial and it was a tough club to manage.
"But they were a great bunch of players to manage and through that period we sustained our success, still getting into Europe every year - a great achievement on behalf of the players.''
Leeds is now third in League One - the third tier of English soccer - despite having lost 15 points for financial issues.

AP

kjelvi

« Svar #218 på: Desember 25, 2007, 13:12:03 »

Alan Smith - Magpies captain.

MASSIVE HONOUR TO CAPTAIN TOON - SMITH  

Newcastle striker Alan Smith has promised to lead by example after staking his claim for the captain's armband.
The 27-year-old led out the side against Derby on Sunday in the absence of Geremi, and with the Cameroon international due to head off on African Nations Cup duty next month, he looks likely to do so again.
Having completed an impressive 'hat-trick', the Leeds-born player is relishing the chance to develop his leadership skills, although he intends to go about it in his own style.
Smith said: "It's a massive honour for me. I have captained all three clubs I have been at - Leeds United, Manchester United and Newcastle now.
"As a captain, you know what's necessary, you know what's wanted from yourself and what you can demand from others.
"That's part of growing up as a footballer, to be honest. People see you as someone other people can follow.
(....)

Hele storyen: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/12/24/SOCCER_Newcastle_Nightlead.html
Også i Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=504423&in_page_id=1779

kjelvi

« Svar #219 på: Desember 25, 2007, 13:24:28 »
Løse rykter...

Stevie Barugh (Middlesbrough fan) says...
My friend Paul who works at the newcastle training ground has told me that Newcastle will be signing Woodgate with Ameobi going in the opposite direction and 2million in cash. Great deal for the Boro if this comes off. You heard it hear first.

kjelvi

« Svar #220 på: Desember 25, 2007, 14:03:43 »
Former Aston Villa and Leeds manager David O'Leary ready for another job
Former Aston Villa and Leeds manager David O'Leary wants to return to soccer management.
O'Leary feels justified after Villa experience

Former Aston Villa and Leeds manager David O'Leary is keen to return to management.
O'Leary's time at Villa came to an end after a storm over transfer funding at the club.
A letter to former chairman Doug Ellis, purportedly written by some of the players, had called for more money to be spent on squad strengthening.
O'Leary admits money had been a problem during the Ellis era - which ended soon after O'Leary's departure when the chairman sold the club to Randy Lerner.
The former Leeds boss pinpoints the example of goalkeeper Scott Carson, who is currently on loan at Villa from Liverpool and could be signed permanently by present manager Martin O'Neill.
"We wanted to bring Scott Carson there," O'Leary said. "We knew him from Leeds and we could have got him there for about £700,000, £750,000.
"I'm interested to see if Martin does get him, what that will cost Aston Villa compared to what we could have got him for."
O'Leary believes he has learned much from his past experiences in management, particularly at Leeds in the early part of the decade.
O'Leary was in charge during a remarkable spell for the club, which included a Champions League semi-final appearance, before their infamous fall from grace.
"I think I had too much to say over an 18-month period at Leeds, at the back end," O'Leary admitted. "Lots of it to do with the limelight from the trial and it was a tough club to manage.
"But they were a great bunch of players to manage and through that period we sustained our success, still getting into Europe every year - a great achievement on behalf of the players."

kjelvi

« Svar #221 på: Desember 25, 2007, 22:16:43 »
Unhappy strikers Benni McCarthy (Blackburn) and Mark Viduka (Newcastle) are set to swap clubs in an exchange deal. (News of the World)
Viduka determined to stay with Newcastle

Australian striker Mark Viduka is determined to cement his place in Newcastle's starting line-up after his two-goal performance against Derby County.
Viduka, starting a Premier League game for the first time since last month's home loss to Liverpool, equalised twice in Monday's 2-2 draw at St James' Park.
"Every player wants to play and it's been hard being out of the side," Viduka said.
"But I've been working hard in training and I know my qualities.
"I've been around long enough and I think everyone knows what I can do.
"I love playing football and I want to do well for this club and win back my place in the side."

kjelvi

« Svar #222 på: Desember 26, 2007, 12:05:32 »
Fabio Capello is planning to make Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand his new captain. (Daily Star)

kjelvi

« Svar #223 på: Desember 26, 2007, 12:09:31 »
Newcastle's Mark Viduka is ready to turn his back on Australia ahead of their World Cup qualifiers in February. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #224 på: Desember 26, 2007, 14:35:44 »
I farta 26/12

16:58 Goal - Port Vale 1 Walsall 1 (Michael Ricketts 90)

16:51 Goal - Notts County 1 Milton Keynes Dons 2 (Jemal Johnson 90)

14:23 Goal - Tottenham 3 (Robbie Keane 62) Fulham 1
13:31 Goal - Tottenham 1 (Robbie Keane 27) Fulham 0

I tillegg:

Farley Celtic -Halifax 3-0: 3-0 Torpey
York - Dorylsden 2-1: 1-0 Farrell (pen 23)
« Siste redigering: Desember 26, 2007, 20:44:54 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #225 på: Desember 26, 2007, 22:30:22 »
Newcastle's Mark Viduka is ready to turn his back on Australia ahead of their World Cup qualifiers in February. (The Sun)

Newcastle's Viduka ponders Australia retirement

Newcastle United striker Mark Viduka is ready to announce his international retirement with Australia.
Viduka, who bagged a brace in Sunday's 2-2 draw with Derby, could dump the Socceroos as they embark on an exhausting schedule of 14 World Cup qualifiers in February.
He admitted: "The Asia Cup in the summer left me feeling jaded. It took it out of me mentally more than physically and that held me back at the start of the season. I'm starting to get back into it and these two goals will help.
"I haven't made a decision about Australia yet. I'm going to have a meeting with the manager soon and we'll discuss it.
"It's pretty hectic, there are midweek games where I'd have to fly to Australia or Iraq and that takes it out of you."

kjelvi

« Svar #226 på: Desember 28, 2007, 01:17:05 »
MASSIVE HONOUR TO CAPTAIN TOON - SMITH  
Newcastle striker Alan Smith has promised to lead by example after staking his claim for the captain's armband.
The 27-year-old led out the side against Derby on Sunday in the absence of Geremi, and with the Cameroon international due to head off on African Nations Cup duty next month, he looks likely to do so again.
Having completed an impressive 'hat-trick', the Leeds-born player is relishing the chance to develop his leadership skills, although he intends to go about it in his own style.
Smith said: "It's a massive honour for me. I have captained all three clubs I have been at - Leeds United, Manchester United and Newcastle now.
"As a captain, you know what's necessary, you know what's wanted from yourself and what you can demand from others.
"That's part of growing up as a footballer, to be honest. People see you as someone other people can follow. (....)
Newcastle boss Allardyce: Smith stays captain
Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed that Alan Smith will be his permanent captain in the absence of club skipper Geremi.
Smith wore the captain's armband in the 1-0 Boxing Day defeat to Wigan which sparked rumours that Geremi, who also started the game, had been axed.
However, Cameroon international Geremi is set to depart for the African Cup of Nations in January and Allardyce has said Smith will take up the vacant captain's role.
"It's a permanent decision for now because obviously Geremi is going away to the African Nations," Allardyce told Newcastle's official website.
"We need to establish for a while somebody who can captain the side on a regular basis with the attitude, desire and commitment that Alan shows.
"We need to see that from all the players because we cannot win a Premier League match without that level of commitment from everyone."

Per-Stian

« Svar #227 på: Desember 28, 2007, 13:44:28 »
Former West Bromwich Albion and Leeds United striker Rob Hulse is set to join Premiership outfit Middlesbrough from Sheffield United, according to The Mirror.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate is expected to strengthen his squad in January as his Riverside club face a battle against relegation and play to use Hulse to rescue them from the drop.

The striker joined the Blades 18 months ago - netting eight goals in top flight until he broke his leg at Chelsea in a 3-0 defeat in March and has only since recovered. He is expected to complete a £2,200,000 move to Tee-Side.

kjelvi

« Svar #228 på: Desember 28, 2007, 14:06:39 »
[Venables is now in line to become Republic of Ireland boss. (Various)
Ireland offer sacked Venables instant return
The Irish Football Association (FAI) had previously been in touch with Venables to explore the idea and a positive response was tempered only by England's possible participation in next year's tournament.
Terry Venables has moved a step closer to becoming the new Republic of Ireland manager. The FAI management committee met in Dublin last night and to ratify the former England boss as their first choice. (Daily Mail)
Venables open to Republic offer     
Terry Venables has acknowledged that he would consider any offer to take the vacant Republic of Ireland job.
Venables is being tipped to succeed Steve Staunton but he said on Sunday that he had not yet been approached by the Football Association of Ireland.
"If it comes around I will think about it then but not before," said the former England manager.
Former England international Paul Ince says it is a "sad indictment of us as a nation" that the FA is consulting so many foreigners about who should be England boss, and would re-appoint Glenn Hoddle or Terry Venables (Times).
Sunderland boss Roy Keane says he has been told by Republic of Ireland players that they want Terry Venables as the new manager.
Venables on Bulgarian shortlist   
Bulgaria have made an approach to former England coach Terry Venables about the possibility of him taking charge of their national team.
Venables is one of five foreign coaches on a seven-man shortlist drawn up by the Bulgarian Football Union.
Terry Venables is in the frame to take over as Fulham boss after the sacking of Lawrie Sanchez. (Independent)
Venables' name in frame for Fulham hot-seat
Terry Venables was today emerging as the new favourite to take over as manager of struggling Fulham.
Former player John Collins had been viewed as the front-runner to succeed Lawrie Sanchez, but it is understood that senior Fulham figures fear the former Hibbs boss lacks the experience to steer the club out of relegation trouble.
That is one plus point in the recently departed England No2's favour - he steered Middlesbrough to safety from a similar position in 2001.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=504850&in_page_id=1779

kjelvi

« Svar #229 på: Desember 28, 2007, 14:29:57 »
Micky Adams and Steve Cotterill have applied for the vacant managerial role at Brentford. (News of the World)
Micky Adams has been added to the list of contenders to become Swindon boss. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #230 på: Desember 29, 2007, 13:26:21 »
Fowler facing hip operation in US 

Fowler has had trouble with his hip in the past

Robbie Fowler is set to fly out to Colorado in America next week to have keyhole surgery on his troublesome hip. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/7163268.stm

kjelvi

« Svar #231 på: Desember 29, 2007, 13:45:54 »
Ex-players on the move...?

Fra Daily Mail's spekulasjoner (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=504921&in_page_id=1779)

Mark Viduka  Newcastle --> Blackburn
Rob Hulse   Sheff. United --> Middlesbrough

Samt;
Ex-LSK'er Heinz Müller  Barnsley --> Arsenal, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Everton
(se også: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=504890&in_page_id=1779)
« Siste redigering: Desember 29, 2007, 17:53:15 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #232 på: Desember 29, 2007, 16:50:09 »
I farta 29/12:

16:56 Goal - Port Vale 1 Luton 2 (Matthew Spring 90)

16:46 Goal - Darlington 0 Milton Keynes Dons 1 (Jemal Johnson 84)

16:23 Goal - Oldham 0 Walsall 2 (Michael Ricketts 65)

16:13 Goal - Hartlepool 1 (Ian Moore 55) Leyton Orient 1

16:10 Goal - Norwich 0 Wolverhampton 1 (Andrew Keogh 52)

15:47 Goal - Bradford 1 (David Wetherall 44) Hereford 2

15:10 Goal - Plymouth 0 Stoke 1 (Richard Cresswell 10)
« Siste redigering: Desember 29, 2007, 18:12:02 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #233 på: Desember 30, 2007, 13:10:24 »
Roy Hodgson is ready to make Watford striker Marlon King his first signing as Fulham boss after being given £15m to spend in January. (People)

kjelvi

« Svar #234 på: Desember 30, 2007, 13:25:54 »
Manchester City defender Danny Mills is set to return to former club Leeds after a loan spell at Chartlon. (News of the World)

kjelvi

« Svar #235 på: Desember 30, 2007, 13:26:37 »
Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson will join Aston Villa for £10million in January. (News of the World)

kjelvi

« Svar #236 på: Desember 31, 2007, 13:28:48 »
Smith sent to hospital after scare
ALAN SMITH was rushed to hospital on Saturday night suffering from amnesia.
Newcastle team-mate Abdoulaye Faye whacked Smith in the face by accident in the 2-1 defeat at Chelsea.
The England star, 27, received treatment and played on for a short time but was subbed with 20 minutes left.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article633015.ece

kjelvi

« Svar #237 på: Desember 31, 2007, 13:41:18 »
Roy Hodgson is ready to make Watford striker Marlon King his first signing as Fulham boss after being given £15m to spend in January. (People)

Fulham move for Watford striker King
Watford striker Marlon King is a target for new Fulham boss Roy Hodgson.
King, 27, has netted 10 times this season after missing most of his club's Premiership campaign through injury last term.
Fulham are desperate to bolster their strike force after Sanchez's summer signings, Diomansy Kamara and David Healy, failed to shine.
Director of football Les Reed, who was influential in Hodgson's appointment, is in favour of a move for King - as is first-team coach and former Watford boss Ray Lewington.

Tom S

« Svar #238 på: Desember 31, 2007, 16:02:56 »
Då venter det nok ein god slump til oss også...
Regner med klausul i kontrakta om videresalg!

Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson will join Aston Villa for £10million in January. (News of the World)
COME ON LEEDS !!

kjelvi

« Svar #239 på: Desember 31, 2007, 16:05:18 »
Då venter det nok ein god slump til oss også...
Regner med klausul i kontrakta om videresalg!
Er redd for at vi venter forgeves.
Tror Liverpool kjøpte seg ut av den klausulen for £75.000.
Finner ikke noen link her og nå, men mener det temmelig bestemt at dette skjedde da prof. McKenzie støvsugde Elland Road etter 'nickels and dimes'.