Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs. Cheltenham 25/11  (Lest 42307 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

KAMP: vs. Cheltenham 25/11
« på: November 18, 2007, 23:01:01 »
Neste seriekamp er mot Cheltenham på Whaddon Road søndag 25/11, kl. 15.00

Leeds United versus Cheltenham Town  

Leeds United have never played Cheltenham Town.

Cheltenham Town: Leeds Players
This is a list of players who have played for Cheltenham Town who have also played for Leeds.

Leeds ** Cheltenham Town
Player From To ** From To Apps Goals

Bob Taylor 27/03/1986 23/03/1989 ** 31/05/2003   

Alan Wright er nå i klubben. Se lenger nede!

Kilde: Leedsfans.org.uk
« Siste redigering: November 18, 2007, 23:04:45 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

Sv: KAMP: vs. Cheltenham 25/11
« Svar #1 på: November 18, 2007, 23:03:15 »
Cheltenham - Whaddon Road

NEW TERRITORY: Leeds United will visit Cheltenham’s Whaddon Road for the first time in November

Cheltenham Town's stadium is one of seven that United will visit for the first time next season, and their trip to Whaddon Road on November 24 will also mark the first meeting between the clubs.

- Capacity: 7,066
- Record Attendance: 8,326 v Reading in November 1956
- Distance from Elland Road: 170 miles
- Year ground opened: 1932
- United's last visit: Never visited

With a capacity of just 7,066, the venue is the smallest in League One, but the stadium will be in constant use during the second half of the campaign after Cheltenham reached a ground-share agreement with Bristol Rovers, who plan to improve the Memorial Stadium.
Rovers will become tenants in December, two-and-a-half months after Leeds are scheduled to turn out at the Memorial Stadium and a month after United's visit to Whaddon Road.
Cheltenham have worked hard to improve their own facilities since they rose into the Football League in the late 1990s, but the ground provides seating for fewer than 4,000.
However, their most recent project converted an ageing block of terracing at the Whaddon Road End into the all-seater Carlsberg Stand which is set aside for away fans and has a capacity of 1,100.
Cheltenham have been known to offer a section of their In2Print Stand – another new construction completed in November 2001 – to travelling supporters if demand requires it, and that section would allow 1,500 away fans into November's game. But since Cheltenham regularly pull in crowds of over 4,000 and attracted 6,232 for their final game of last season against Brighton, the increased attendance inevitably produced by a clash with Leeds may see any request from Elland Road for a greater allocation fall on deaf ears.
Town appear to have no immediate plans to move out of Whaddon Road, citing its capacity as "sufficient for the club's needs at this present time", an attitude which reflects the fact that Cheltenham have only held Football League status for eight years.
Their biggest ever attendance came in 1956 when a run to the first round of the FA Cup brought Reading and 8,326 fans into the ground, but Cheltenham's history is largely a tale of non-league football.
Their small stadium inevitably causes parking problems although, like Brighton, Cheltenham have attempted to tackle the issue by implementing a free Park and Ride service from the nearby racecourse.
Journeys by train will drop fans two miles from the ground and inevitably incur the cost of a taxi.

YEP

kjelvi

« Svar #2 på: November 18, 2007, 23:08:03 »
Kjent fjes!

Eneste ex-Leeds-spiller på Cheltenham er backveteranen Alan Wright, som var innom Leeds på utlån fra Sheffield United i fjor. Det ble en eneste kamp for den tidligere engelske landslagsspilleren.

http://www.cheltenhamtownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10434~5499,00.html
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Wright
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Wright

kjelvi

« Svar #3 på: November 18, 2007, 23:11:26 »
Kamp 17/11:

Downing hopes for turning point

Cheltenham boss Keith Downing is hoping his side's performance in the 2-2 draw with Southend can prove a "turning point for the season".
Cheltenham took the lead in the 12th minute when David Bird's short corner from the left was crossed by Ashley Vincent to Steven Gillespie at the back post and his close-range header evaded Peter Clarke's attempts to clear it.
The Robins extended their lead in the 25th minute when an unmarked Dean Sinclair had a simple six-yard tap-in from Paul Connor's cross from the left byline.
But opposition manager Steve Tilson managed to inspire his team at half-time and goals from Mark Gower and Steve Hammell earned the home side a point, although Downing felt his team deserved more.
"I was disappointed we did not take three points from the game after taking a two-goal lead," said Downing.
"But hopefully this will be a turning point for the season that we can build on."

---

Shrimpers recover to deny Robins

Hammell: Netted Southend equaliser

Southend pulled back a two-goal deficit to deny bottom-of-the-table Cheltenham their first league win in 11 games in a 2-2 draw at Roots Hall.
The Robins were 2-0 up at half-time through Steve Gillespie and Dean Sinclair, but Southend levelled in a genuine game of two halves through Mark Gower and Steve Hammell.
Cheltenham took the lead in the 12th minute when David Bird's short corner from the left was crossed by Ashley Vincent where Gillespie headed home at the back post despite Peter Clarke's attempt to clear it.
Town extended their lead in the 25th minute when an unmarked Sinclair had a simple six-yard tap-in from Paul Connor's cross from the left by-line.
Whatever Blues boss Steve Tilson said at half-time worked wonders because five minutes after the restart the hosts pulled a goal back when Gower and Alan McCormack worked a neat one-two and the former's shot deflected off Shane Duff and into the net.
Southend levelled on 57 minutes when Matt Harrold chested the ball down into Hammell's path and the right-back slotted home from eight yards for his first goal of the season.

TeamTalk

Roy

« Svar #4 på: November 19, 2007, 17:44:58 »
Her bør det bli walkover. Alt annet enn 3 poeng er en katastrofe (bare spør Southend)  :-[
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

kjelvi

« Svar #5 på: November 20, 2007, 22:16:08 »
Kamp 20/11:

Brighton v Cheltenham (Home 8/15 Draw 5/2 Away 9/2)

Andrew Whing is available for Brighton after serving a ban, but Tommy Elphick must undergo a late fitness test on a groin injury and Alex Revell (hernia) and Doug Loft (ankle) are definitely out.
Cheltenham also have their fair share of injury problems, with Ashley Vincent (ankle), Andy Lindegaard (hamstring), John Finnigan (foot) and Michael Townsend (illness) all sidelined. On-loan Charlton midfielder Dean Sinclair will not play.

Sky

kjelvi

« Svar #6 på: November 20, 2007, 23:00:42 »
Kamp 20/11:

Brighton will visit Torquay in the next round after a slender 2-1 win over League One rivals Cheltenham.
The Seagulls went ahead after 18 minutes as Adam El-Abd rose highest to thump home Dean Cox's outswinging corner.
Cheltenham equalised after 65 minutes through Steven Gillespie, but their joy was short-lived as Dean Hammond netted from the penalty spot after Gavin Caines had brought down Nicky Forster.

Brighton 2 Cheltenham 1 
B: El-Abd 18, Hammond pen 67
C: Gillespie 65
Attend: 3,711  Half-time: 1-0 

TEAM: 1. Shane Higgs, 2. Jeremy Gill, 4. Shane Duff, 22. Alan Wright, 5. Gavin Caines, 14. David Bird, 15. Ben Gill  (80), 16. Adam Connolly, 7. Steven Gillespie  (72), 9. Paul Connor, 
10. Damian Spencer.
SUBS: 12. Scott P Brown  (GK), 20. Andy Gallinagh, 23. Craig Reid  (80), 26. Michael Wylde, 30. Sosthene Yao  (72).
« Siste redigering: November 20, 2007, 23:16:35 av kjelvi »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #7 på: November 20, 2007, 23:22:52 »
Marques med stomach-bug, sendt hjem kl 16 før Hereford-kampen. Thompson føler noe av det samme. Ankergreen med mange sting under det ene kneet...? Kommentatorene sa at han falt sammen uten at noen var nær ham.
Prutton var det kanskje ham og ikke Thommo med magetrøbbel? Usikker han også. Clapham blir sendt hjem til Wolves.... "I want to put pressure on Parker", sier Wise... Hvordan? Har vi flere spillere som kan spille venstreback?
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

flynn

« Svar #8 på: November 21, 2007, 07:56:19 »
Dagens lille optimistiske fra min side:
I en sesong med over 50 kamper, og hvor ting flyter greit, vil det av og til dukke opp kamper hvor man underpresterer stygt, og taper. Rett og slett fordi det sniker seg inn en følelse av at alt går av seg selv.
Positivt da at disse kampene hittil har kommet i cup'er. Gutta får seg en tankevekker, og går forhåpentligvis i seg selv for å løfte både innsats og kvalitet til neste kamp.
Satser på at det samme skjer nå, det er rett og slett ikke lov til å ta lett på Cheltenham. De er minst like gode som Hereford! Mange av gutta bør være passe revansjesugne etter gårsdagens flaue forestilling.

flynn

RoarG

« Svar #9 på: November 21, 2007, 11:56:18 »
Cheltenham er bånnlag i L1. Normalt bør jo et slikt lag slåes klart, men det "normale" for Leeds for tida er å underyte mot svakere motstand. Jeg tror oddsen for et nytt ettmålstap bør være lav. Sorry for pessimismen, men "bravadene" i cupene har avslørt en total mangel på arbeidsmoral, holdninger og stolthet. 1-2 bør være realistisk >:(.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

GeirO

« Svar #10 på: November 21, 2007, 12:00:52 »
Hadde vel heller håpa på at tapene kom i serien, og at vi gikk videre i cupene. Serien tar vi uansett.
MOT

Jon R

« Svar #11 på: November 21, 2007, 12:02:33 »
Marques med stomach-bug, sendt hjem kl 16 før Hereford-kampen. Thompson føler noe av det samme. Ankergreen med mange sting under det ene kneet...? Kommentatorene sa at han falt sammen uten at noen var nær ham.
Prutton var det kanskje ham og ikke Thommo med magetrøbbel? Usikker han også. Clapham blir sendt hjem til Wolves.... "I want to put pressure on Parker", sier Wise... Hvordan? Har vi flere spillere som kan spille venstreback?

Forvirrende, ikke klargjørende den der, promo.  ???
Jon R.

lojosang

« Svar #12 på: November 21, 2007, 13:09:29 »
Var ved en tilfeldighet i Cheltenham sist helg. Men traff ikke noen som var særlig interessert i fotball. Lite visste jeg da at Leeds skulle spille der allerede førstkommende helg. Ikke at jeg har nok feriedager igjen til at jeg kunne blitt over en uke.

Hyggelig by med en småsnodig historie, og i hvert fall en pub med bra Real Ale. (The Cotswold)
- Leif Olav

Hallgeir *

« Svar #13 på: November 21, 2007, 15:49:59 »
Cheltenham er bånnlag i L1. Normalt bør jo et slikt lag slåes klart, men det "normale" for Leeds for tida er å underyte mot svakere motstand. Jeg tror oddsen for et nytt ettmålstap bør være lav. Sorry for pessimismen, men "bravadene" i cupene har avslørt en total mangel på arbeidsmoral, holdninger og stolthet. 1-2 bør være realistisk >:(.
  Bånnlag eller ikke.... Vil bare minne om f.eks. kampen 17.11 : Southend-Cheltenham 2-2. Bortelaget ledet sågar 2-0. Vi vinner ikke kamper med en holdning/innsats som mot Bury eller Hereford.
Super Leeds since 1968

Roy

« Svar #14 på: November 21, 2007, 16:21:55 »
Vi hå heve oss vesentlig fra i går, men Kjeltringhavn skal slåes hjemme som borte. Vi skal opp - Det skal ikke de.
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

Promotion 2010

« Svar #15 på: November 21, 2007, 16:35:40 »

Forvirrende, ikke klargjørende den der, promo.  ???

Eh...to spillere med magetrøbbel: Marqus og ...
Prutton må stå over uvisst av hvilken grunn (mage?)
Clapham er borte..
Ankers er usikker...
Parker: Mesterer han presset på søndag???...eller beholder vi Clapham...?

Vet ikke om dette er mer klart men.... Burde kanskje vært skrevet på skade-topicen...?
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

kjelvi

« Svar #16 på: November 21, 2007, 18:57:21 »
Robins swoop for Red Devils star

Cheltenham manager keith Downing has strengthened his attack with the signing of Crawley striker Guy Madjo on loan until mid-January.
Madjo, 23, is a former Bristol City trainee and has a proven goalscoring record in non-league football which manager Keith Downing believes he can reproduce in League One.
Downing told the club's official website: "Guy has a very good scoring record in the Blue Square Premier and it's an opportunity for him to move up a couple of levels and contribute to our efforts.
"He is a young player with bags of potential and he is eager to do well and develop his career.
"He had a chance in the league previously with Bristol City and now he is hungry for another one.
Guy is a player we have been aware of for some time but we also have some strong recommendations regarding his form."
Meanwhile Robins defender Lee Ridley is set to join League Two side Darlington on loan until the beginning of January, with Downing hoping the move will help the 25-year-old gain some valuable first team football.

kjelvi

« Svar #17 på: November 21, 2007, 19:10:29 »
Wise is unworried

Dennis Wise is not concerned that last night's exit from the FA Cup at the hands of Hereford might have a negative effect on Leeds' promotion campaign.
Leeds have lost three and drawn one of their last six matches and crashed out of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and FA Cup.
The Leeds manager said: "We were very sloppy and all credit to Hereford they passed the ball better than us and deserved their win.
 "But every time we've not done very well in the cup, we've always done well in the league.
"I don't think this defeat will affect them at all. I'm sure the players who usually play but didn't play against Hereford are looking forward to getting back and putting it right against Cheltenham on Sunday."
Wise pointed out that injury, suspension or ineligibility had meant that Jonathan Douglas, David Prutton, Alan Thompson, Mark de Vries, Tore Andre Flo, Rui Marques and Radostin Kishishev were missing from last night's line-up.
"Things will be totally different when they are all back," he added.
"We are disappointed to go out of the cups but the league is our bread and butter and it could prove to be a blessing in disguise.
"If anyone had said at the start of the season would you take going out of all the cups and doing very well in the league, I would have said yes straight away.
Wise has a concern over keeper Casper Ankergren who had to go off with a bad gash under his right knee that required stitches. He is a doubt for Sunday's match.

thetelegraphandargus.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #18 på: November 22, 2007, 23:09:07 »
Cheltenham's 'Champion' Hurdle

Leeds boss Dennis Wise will be hoping his players can put recent cup disappointments behind them and refocus on what has always been the number one priority - promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking.
This weekend sees yet another first for United, currently completing a year's 'meet and greet' tour of England's lower league sides. Cheltenham Town is the destination, a name far more synonymous with the Cheltenham Festival - four days of the finest Jump racing in the world, than for it's football team.
Sunday will see the first ever clash between the two sides, who's footballing pedigree has been bred from vastly different stock. The Gloucestershire outfit only gained promotion to the Football League as recently as 1999. Whilst Leeds United have the distinction of having appeared in all three major European Club Competition Finals, including the now defunct European Cup Winners Cup.
On paper the Whites appear huge favourites, after gatecrashing the top 4 way ahead of schedule despite their 15 point handicap, whilst their opponents have struggled to break out of a trot, and currently sit bottom of the pile. In pure points terms Leeds have accumulated a staggering return of 41 from 16 games, while the Robins have managed just 12.
However, in view of the recent cup defeats to Bury and Hereford United, there is no way that manager Wise will allow his players to believe that they have anything other than a tough battle on their hands. Whaddon Road will be filled to capacity, with the club confirming on Tuesday that the match is now a sell-out, the first since the Premiership's Newcastle United visited for an FA Cup tie in 2006.
Ahead of the game Cheltenham have bolstered their attacking options with the loan signing of non-league thoroughbred Guy Madjo from Crawley Town. The former Bristol City trainee has so far plundered 11 goals in 17 starts this season. If Robins boss Keith Downing can inspire his side to upset the odds and claim a historic victory, there's sure to be a roar at least as loud as that which saw the classy Kauto Star storm to victory in the Cheltenham Gold Cup on a memorable day in May.

glorygloryleeds.com

HåvardK

« Svar #19 på: November 23, 2007, 08:44:57 »

Ahead of the game Cheltenham have bolstered their attacking options with the loan signing of non-league thoroughbred Guy Madjo from Crawley Town. The
glorygloryleeds.com
Noen  som vet noe mer om denne Madjo? Midjo?

McMidjo

• På juniorlaget
  • Winning doesn't really matter - as long as you win
    • Vis profil
    • Bremnerbloggen
« Svar #20 på: November 23, 2007, 10:02:32 »

Ahead of the game Cheltenham have bolstered their attacking options with the loan signing of non-league thoroughbred Guy Madjo from Crawley Town. The
glorygloryleeds.com
Noen  som vet noe mer om denne Madjo? Midjo?

Har av åpenbare årsaker festet meg ved navnet hans noen ganger tidligere - og han har jo forsåvidt en imponerende målstatistikk fra de klubbene han har spilt for, men dette har altså vært i middels gode klubber i Conference/amatørligaen.

Statistikk fra Soccerbase: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=42194

Tror ikke dette er spilleren som kommer inn og lager hattrick mot Leeds i sin første kamp.....
So-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans - We are here....

McMidjo

• På juniorlaget
  • Winning doesn't really matter - as long as you win
    • Vis profil
    • Bremnerbloggen
« Svar #21 på: November 23, 2007, 12:22:01 »
Skadenytt fra YR i dag:

Ankergren og Constantine skadet - og ikke kampklare.

Thompson, Kishishev og Flo er friskmeldt og kampklare.
So-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans - We are here....

lufc86

« Svar #22 på: November 23, 2007, 13:06:03 »
håper på dette laget på søndag:

Lucas (men bør trene på set pieces)

Richardson, Marques, Heath, Parker

Prutton, Kisishev, Douglas, Carole

Beckford, Kandol

subs: Martin, Huntington, Howson, Hughes, De Vries
@m_sortland på twitter

B-m

« Svar #23 på: November 23, 2007, 13:23:32 »
Madjo lignet jo litt på kandol.

Cheltenham bør vi slå!!
---------------------------
who killed Trondheimwhite?

Superleeds77

« Svar #24 på: November 23, 2007, 14:31:19 »
Etter å ha lest kampreferater fra diverse forum stiller jeg meg undrende over at ikke Huntington får starte istede for Heath?? Er ikke han en spiller som er god nok? Startet ikke han ca 15 kamper for Newcastle i fjor. Burde vel forsterke et Leeds lag!

Runar

« Svar #25 på: November 23, 2007, 14:33:55 »
Huntington virker oppskrytt av det jeg har sett av ham.... Men for all del, man skal ikke være så veldig lite dårlig for å kunne spille i stedet for M. Heath

Superleeds77

« Svar #26 på: November 23, 2007, 14:40:57 »
Jeg har heller ikke sett mye til Huntington, men har kompiser som er Newcastle fans og stiller store spørsmålstegn ved salget av han. Ikke minst er han ung og kan spille på seg verdifull erfaring til eventuelt spill høyere opp med Leeds. Men det er ikke jo ikke vi som tar ut laget!! ;)

Sølvreven

« Svar #27 på: November 23, 2007, 17:17:18 »
Jeg så Huntington i noen av kampene han spilte for Newcastle, og han imponerte meg stort i en av de. Mener  bestemt at han scorte et mål der han viste stor kampvilje i forkant av dette.
Jeg fant link til dette målet, men det viser ikke så mye av det som skjedde før målet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSXbor8ysDU

Leedsoholic. Oppfinneren av "pretting".

kjelvi

« Svar #28 på: November 23, 2007, 18:41:55 »
THOMPSON SET TO RETURN FOR LEEDS

Leeds 4/7, Draw 12/5, Cheltenham 9/2

Leeds skipper Alan Thompson is expected to return to the squad for Sunday's trip to Cheltenham.
Thompson has missed the last eight matches due to a calf injury but is now back to full fitness and is hoping to play some part.
David Prutton will also return after sitting out the FA Cup defeat to Hereford due to a one-game ban, while Jonathan Douglas will also be hoping to return after the hamstring injury which ruled him out on Tuesday.
Radostin Kishishev, whose loan spell from Leicester was this week extended until January 23, and Mark De Vries are back in contention after being ineligible for the midweek cup-tie.
Defender Jamie Clapham has returned to Wolves following the end of his three-month loan spell, so Ben Parker is expected to retain his place at left-back.
Goalkeeper Casper Ankergren suffered a badly gashed leg during the FA Cup loss to Hereford and will be replaced by former Sheffield Wednesday shot-stopper Dave Lucas at Whaddon Road.

Cheltenham manager Keith Downing is expected to start loan signings Michael D'Agostino and Guy Madjo on the bench.
Winger D'Agostino joined from Blackpool on Thursday, while striker Madjo joined from Blue Square Premier side Crawley with Downing hoping he can bring his prolific form into League One.
Striker Ashley Vincent has recovered from an ankle injury and midfielder Andy Lindegaard is also back in contention following a hamstring problem.
Captain John Finnigan is out for a further two weeks with a foot injury and Michael Townsend (illness) is still struggling.
Scott Brown stepped up his progress following a broken leg with an appearance for the reserves during the week but is unlikely to feature.
Charlton loanee Dean Sinclair will be available again after he was cup-tied for the FA Cup defeat at Brighton.

Football365.com

kjelvi

« Svar #29 på: November 23, 2007, 18:49:55 »
Leeds suffer Ankergren blow

Goalkeeper Casper Ankergren is set to miss Leeds United's League One clash at Cheltenham on Sunday after suffering a gashed knee in midweek.
The absence of Ankergren, who has been an ever-present for United this season, will result in a debut for former Sheffield Wednesday shot-stopper Dave Lucas at Whaddon Road.
Manager Dennis Wise told the club's official website: "Casper's not fit.
"He's opened part of his knee up and he's got to be careful not to bend it. He's not going to do anything for four or five days because if he bends it, it will slip.
"But it's an opportunity for someone else."

TeamTalk