Skrevet av Emne: TEMA: Leeds' hooliganism  (Lest 39365 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

TEMA: Leeds' hooliganism
« på: Desember 19, 2007, 19:32:37 »
Soccer hooligan grandson of Leeds legend is jailed

Jailed: Christopher Charles

A GRANDSON of Leeds United footballing legend John Charles has been jailed for soccer hooliganism.
Christopher John Charles has also been banned from attending Leeds United and England matches for six years.
Charles, 22, of Bank House Lane, Pudsey, Leeds, was jailed for six weeks by Leeds magistrates after admitting attempted criminal damage, pitch invasion and being in breach of a three-year banning order.
He is now not allowed within a mile of Elland Road two hours before and one hour after matches there.
The court heard Charles was part of the pitch invasion at Elland Road in April when a 1-1 draw with Ipswich saw Leeds relegated from the Championship.
Charles was seen trying to pull down the netting in a goalmouth and then give a V sign towards the directors' box.
His grandfather John Charles, who died nearly four years ago, is regarded as one of United's greatest ever players. Fans nicknamed him the Gentle Giant.
He starred for the club in the 1950s and also played for Wales in the 1958 World Cup.
Det Insp Phil Wright who investigated the trouble at the Ipswich match, said: "I am sure Christopher Charles's family will be deeply disappointed at his actions."
The court heard that Charles had been convicted of harassment at a Leeds v Millwall match in December 2004, and given a three-year ban. He had been seen at Elland Road knocking people to the ground.
After the disturbances at this year's Ipswich game, police released photos of a number of supporters - including Charles - who they wanted to trace.
Today, it was revealed that after being arrested for the 2004 offence, Charles tried to assume the identity of a friend.
He gave police the name of RAF squaddie Ross Myers along with his date of birth and postcode.
Mr Myers' mother Bernadette said she then spent months trying to clear her family's name.

YP

kjelvi

Sv: TEMA: Leeds' hooliganism
« Svar #1 på: Desember 19, 2007, 19:34:41 »
Kommentar:
Richard Sutcliffe: Is football hooliganism back in vogue?

After several outbreaks of violence this season, including five Manchester United fans being stabbed this week in Rome, is football hooliganism back to haunt us? Richard Sutcliffe reports.

TWENTY ONE arrests, three pubs wrecked and rival fans clashing in the streets as more than 100 police officers battle manfully to keep order.
This sounds like a typical Saturday during the Seventies and Eighties when football hooligans were, literally, running riot on what seemed a weekly basis.
In fact, these scenes occurred just last month when the northern footballing outpost of Carlisle played host to the sort of trouble that many believed had been consigned to the history books. Despite a police operation later described by the town's Chief Superintendent Andy Davidson as "the largest of its kind in maybe 30 years", fighting broke out before and after the home side's 3-1 victory over Leeds United.
Just a week earlier, Leeds's followers had been involved in similar disturbances at a game against Millwall with mounted police having to make several charges outside Elland Road to keep rival fans apart.
The two outbreaks of disorder mirrored Home Office figures for the 2006-07 season that saw arrests at football grounds in England and Wales up by eight per cent to almost 3,800 – the first rise in four years. A Home Office spokesman was quick to put the increase down to "a tougher police approach to anti-social and disorderly behaviour", but the figures still begged the question: Is football hooliganism back in vogue?
One man who can perhaps answer that question is Eddie Kelly, the 38-year-old being one of around 40 contributors to a new book chronicling the exploits of one of the most infamous hooligan gangs of them all – Leeds Service Crew.
So named because they travelled by service train in the early Eighties rather than the then more heavily-policed 'football specials', the Service Crew became synonymous with violence and mayhem.
The new book, which will be officially launched tonight at Spencer's pub in Leeds, has been written by journalist Caroline Gall and charts their role in some of English football's blackest days when the likes of Birmingham, Bournemouth and Chelsea were on the receiving end of a visit from one of the most notorious gangs around.
Kelly, now retired from the hooligan scene, agreed to meet the Yorkshire Post in a city centre pub ahead of the launch. He said: "It has changed massively since the Eighties and I doubt you will ever see hundreds on each side fighting in the street again. But trouble does still happen from time to time.
"I am not involved any more, but I think it will keep happening. There are younger lads coming through and then there are some of the older lads who might have drifted away, but then something happens to draw them back in.
"It could be splitting up with the wife or something like that. And once they start going again, then they get the taste for it.
"The police have a lot of powers, but I don't think they will ever stop it completely."
Kelly was not involved in any of the trouble at either the Millwall or Carlisle games this season due to being not only retired from the scene, but also halfway through a four-year banning order from attending matches.
It was this ban that prompted Kelly to get involved with the writing of the latest instalment of 'hooli-lit', an incredibly successful publishing genre that has spawned a host of best sellers. Colin Ward's seminal Steaming In and Among the Thugs by Bill Buford started the ball rolling in the late Eighties and since then all manner of hooligan firms have rushed to put their reminiscences down on paper.
It has proved a lucrative business with Guvnors, about Manchester City hooligans, and Cardiff City's Soul Crew both shifting around 60,000 copies apiece, while sales figures for Steaming In are believed to have reached six figures. It was during the writing of one such book on the Birmingham Zulu Warriors hooligan firm two years ago that the seed for Service Crew was planted.
Kelly explains: "I know a few of the Birmingham lads who had just brought their book out and they said 'why don't you do one on Leeds?'
"I had just been banned so thought 'why not? It will all be about stuff in the past so what more can they do to me?'
"I was put in touch with Caroline, who had written the Zulus book, and it all went from there. It has taken over two years and, in all, there were about 40 different lads of various ages who took part.
"We said right from the start that there would be no bull**** and no lies. If we had been done anywhere in the past, there was no point claiming any different.
"It was also a chance to right a few wrongs because there has been some rubbish written about Leeds in other books."
One of the commonly-held perceptions of anyone involved in hooliganism, whether past or present, is that they have little interest in football, something that Kelly refutes. He first watched United as a nine-year-old in 1979 and said: "The lads are the ones who stick by the team, no matter what. In the Eighties when we were relegated, the lads still went everywhere to support them. It was the same last season when crowds went down to 16,000 after a lot of those who started watching in the Premier League stopped going.
"Anyone who says the lads are not fans does not have a clue. The result on the pitch means everything."
Outsiders may not understand what motivates the hooligans to do what they do, but there can be little doubt that their shared experiences create a bond that is hard to break.
Kelly said: "I was probably about 13 when I first got involved in any trouble. It was nothing too serious, just getting chased by the police after a match when there was a protest against (manager) Jimmy Adamson. But it was a real adrenalin rush.
"The camarederie was great. It was a great feeling to know as you walked down a street in another town, and looked around to see all your mates there, that none of them would let you down.
"I know of lads who would do anything to help each other out, some of those who own companies have given their mates a job to help them out."
Asked what he says to those who feel books on illegal activities such as hooliganism should not be published, Kelly added: "People buy them. The Zulus sold about 22,000 copies and the publisher thinks ours mightsell more.
"I have even had some (police) officers asking me if they are in the book. One said 'make sure I get a mention'.
"What went on then is part of social history, there is no point hiding it away. You can't change the past. The book lets people know what it was like, unlike the films that have been made recently (Green Street and Football Factory). They made me cringe because they are nothing like how it was. This may go against the grain for some people, but it (hooliganism) has been every bit as much of a culture as anything else.
"Everyone is different. There are some people in life who go to garden centres and enjoy it. Now that is something I will never understand. Why would anyone want to spend any time at all in a garden centre? That is not normal to me.
"Our enjoyment came through following Leeds United everywhere. And no one can take those memories away."

YP

kjelvi

« Svar #2 på: Desember 19, 2007, 19:38:18 »
Ny bok

SERVICE CREW: The Inside Story of Leeds United's Hooligan Gangs
av Caroline Gall (Milo Books)
Lansert: 11. des, 2007

Caroline Gall is a journalist for BBC Online and has written for numerous newspapers and magazines. She is the author of Zulus: The Story of the Zulu Warriors Football Firm.

The Leeds Service Crew are one of the most infamous football hooligan gangs of the past thirty years. With their cry of 'We are Leeds', they terrorised rival gangs and caused havoc around the country. Now, for the first time, key members of this secretive group tell their story.
Violence and mayhem have been synonymous with the Leeds United hardcore following since the mid-Sixties. Through the Don Revie-inspired Golden Years of the early Seventies, the bootboys and skins of tough inner city estates battled their way across the country, clashing with the hordes of Manchester, Merseyside, the Sheffield teams and the London giants.
The apex of this hooligan army was the Service Crew, formed in 1980 and named after the local service trains they took in preference to the heavily policed special trains. They were young, well organised and ruthless, and emerged as the new casual era dawned and the club experienced a dip in fortune as it slipped into Division Two. Against the bitter backdrop of the Miners Strike, the Service Crew made their own headlines, acquiring a reputation for ground wrecking and becoming despised - and feared - by their terrace foes.
With access to members of the gang from several different generations, author Caroline Gall examines the long-standing feuds with their fiercest rivals, from Manchester United to Chelsea, the gang's far-right connections, and the undercover police operations against them, including the landmark Operation Wild Boar. She chronicles their role in some of the worst incidents of football-related disorder of modern times, including the riot against Birmingham City in 1985, the notorious trip to Chelsea that saw hundreds arrested and the headline-making carnage at Bournemouth and Coventry.
Gall also charts the emergence of newer gangs such as the Very Young Team and the Infant Hit Squad, their role in the rave scene, the club's resurgence in the 1990s and their fans continuing bad behaviour, right up to the pitch invasion at Elland Road at the end of the fateful 2006-7 season.

« Siste redigering: Desember 19, 2007, 19:40:32 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #3 på: Desember 19, 2007, 19:41:49 »
The Leeds Service Crew are one of the most infamous football hooligan gangs of the past thirty years. With their cry of 'We are Leeds', they terrorised rival gangs and caused havoc around the country. Now, for the first time, key members of this secretive group tell their story. (....)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_United_Service_Crew

http://www.leedssc.org.uk/
« Siste redigering: Desember 19, 2007, 19:44:25 av kjelvi »

Jon R

« Svar #4 på: Desember 19, 2007, 22:11:23 »
Dette er naturligvis ikke gode nyheter for "nye" Leeds United, bare uker etter at vi nok en gang ble fremhevet som en verstingklubb innen hooliganism`.   ::)

Vekk med pakket!   :)
Jon R.

Hartey

« Svar #5 på: Desember 20, 2007, 01:49:54 »
På samma sätt som huliganismen ökar rejält i England så ökar den i Sverige. I Sverige finns det säkert 10 lag som har firmor som slåss för sitt lag.
Helt sjukt egentligen...

Karl Hot Shot

« Svar #6 på: Desember 20, 2007, 10:47:05 »
Caroline Gall skal tjene seg noen ekstra pund på et temmelig uttværet emne. Service Crew har jo blitt fulgt tett i en rekke tv-dokumentarer både på ITV, BBC og andre tv-kanaler i England, og folka som stod bak det hele, er jo ikke akkurat vanskelige å finne. Mange av dem vanker fortsatt på Waggon & Horses, The Adelphi og andre puber i Leeds, og det er vel ikke bare bare å utestenge dem fra pubene. Jeg har personlig hatt den "glede" å prate med mange av disse voldsmennene, og jeg må si at kunnskapene deres om Leeds United er meget begrenset. Mitt inntrykk er at de fleste av dem engasjerte seg bare pga. adrenalinkicket knyttet til volden, og lite pga. fotballinteresse. Leeds Uniteds støtte på tribunene har ikke tapt fordi om lag 3000 av disse menneskene er utestengt fra kampene på ubestemt tid. Snarere har vel de mer ordentlige folka (mange av dem er jo nå etablert med egne familier og tar med barna på kamp) som evner å synge litt, fått mer frimodighet til å gå på kamp.

kjelvi

« Svar #7 på: Desember 30, 2007, 13:15:55 »
Godt å registrere at det i Swansea ikke er 'våre' gutter som det er satt fokus på.

Swans Fans Arrests Blemish Win  

South Wales police were out in force yesterday in Swansea City's 3-2 win over Leeds United .
In a fractious game Police officials have confirmed there have been 6 arrests made at the Liberty Stadium during the game 4 or which were Swansea supporters.
Fans have criticised the Police for their containment procedures at the end of the match as a cordon separated Swansea fans from their Leeds counterparts.
It left supporters climbing a grass bank to get onto the main road as the Police were not allowing any fans behind the North Stand.
Swansea fans were also involved in a incident where it is alleged that a small group of home supporters tried to board the Leeds United coach after the game.
There has been no offical confirmation of this event as yet.
Insp Colin Wooldridge did however confirm that damage had been caused by missiles thrown at the Leeds coaches.
He Told The Western Mail
'A couple of the away coaches were also damaged near the ground after some had bottles and things thrown at them'
These actions are deplorable and do not reflect the true support that Swansea City get.

swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Desember 31, 2007, 08:59:31 »
På samma sätt som huliganismen ökar rejält i England så ökar den i Sverige. I Sverige finns det säkert 10 lag som har firmor som slåss för sitt lag.
Helt sjukt egentligen...

Ja, men det er tross alt i Sverige da.... ;D
Yeboahs vitne

Wexler

« Svar #9 på: Desember 31, 2007, 09:15:48 »
WHAT A SHAME CHRIS !!! >:(

kjelvi

« Svar #10 på: Desember 31, 2007, 13:09:52 »
Leeds United fans bricked

LEEDS United players and fans had to run a gauntlet of hate following the club's game at Swansea City at the weekend.
Coaches taking United supporters away from the Welsh side's Liberty Stadium on Saturday came under fire from bricks and other missiles hurled by local yobs.
Windows in at least two of the vehicles were smashed, showering passengers - including women and children - with glass.
An unconfirmed report today said United's team bus had also been targeted by Swansea troublemakers.
One fan at the game claimed to have seen a gang of hooligans pulling the fire door open at the back of the coach.
He said: "It looked as though the players were having to physically stop them from climbing on board."
Police made a total of six arrests for public order offences during the League One match, which Swansea won 3-2.
The top-of-the-table clash drew a 19,000 sell-out crowd, which included around 2,800 United fans.
A major security operation was mounted in and around the ground to try to prevent any repeat of the violence which has marred other Leeds games this season.
A total of 21 arrests were made at United's away match against Carlisle on November 3.
The previous weekend Millwall hooligans had wrecked buses ferrying them from Leeds city centre to United's Elland Road ground.

YEP

pedro

Leedsomaniac

flynn

« Svar #12 på: Januar 08, 2008, 08:23:47 »
He he, med fullt navn, adresse og det hele  :o
Det fødes idioter hver dag, men slikt må da vel virke en smule demotiverende for potensielle bråkmakere!

flynn

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Yeboahs vitne

Trygve

• Gjest
« Svar #14 på: Januar 08, 2008, 20:17:26 »
Det vokser frem nye yngre hooligans rundt flere av klubbene i england nå.
De siste 10 årene har vært flott, etter som publikum har vært "skiftet" ut og det har vært familie vennlig og gå på diverse arenaer i england.
Synd om dette skal få prege / ødelegge den fantastiske følelsen det er av og være på engelske kamper.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #15 på: Januar 08, 2008, 20:26:17 »
Det vokser frem nye yngre hooligans rundt flere av klubbene i england nå.
De siste 10 årene har vært flott, etter som publikum har vært "skiftet" ut og det har vært familie vennlig og gå på diverse arenaer i england.
Synd om dette skal få prege / ødelegge den fantastiske følelsen det er av og være på engelske kamper.

Familiene er jo presset ut av klubbene grunnet høye billettpriser. Dermed er det fritt frem for huligansa.... Dvs miljøet blant supporterne blir tøffere!
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #16 på: Januar 09, 2008, 11:13:54 »
Hallo??
E jo ikkje familiene som e pressa ut av høye billettpriser,det e jo tvert i mot.
Hooligans/Hardcore fans fra 80-tallet ble pressa ut av høye billettpriser og erstatta med meir pengesterke familiefolk som ikkje gidde å åpne kjeften under en eneste sang på tribunen.Nå når Leeds de siste årene ik er like attraktiv for "fiffen" har billettprisene gått ned og vi har fått tilbake mange ekte supportere på kampene.At det da også følger med noen idioter på lasset e bare sånn det e.Det e jo utrolig merkbart på Elland Road nå at termosdrikkende og nistespisende familier e bytta ut med øltørste paielskere som virkelig synger for full hals for United.Den gode gamle stemningen e tilbake,e jo vannvittig stemning i år,våre ekte e tilbake. 8)

Karl Hot Shot

« Svar #17 på: Januar 09, 2008, 11:33:34 »
Hallo??
E jo ikkje familiene som e pressa ut av høye billettpriser,det e jo tvert i mot.
Hooligans/Hardcore fans fra 80-tallet ble pressa ut av høye billettpriser og erstatta med meir pengesterke familiefolk som ikkje gidde å åpne kjeften under en eneste sang på tribunen.Nå når Leeds de siste årene ik er like attraktiv for "fiffen" har billettprisene gått ned og vi har fått tilbake mange ekte supportere på kampene.At det da også følger med noen idioter på lasset e bare sånn det e.Det e jo utrolig merkbart på Elland Road nå at termosdrikkende og nistespisende familier e bytta ut med øltørste paielskere som virkelig synger for full hals for United.Den gode gamle stemningen e tilbake,e jo vannvittig stemning i år,våre ekte e tilbake. 8)

Den forklaringa di, Jack Bauer, er så enkel at den sannsynligvis er riv, ruskende gal.

kjelvi

« Svar #18 på: Januar 09, 2008, 19:05:02 »
More Leeds United yobs in court

THE FATHER of a jailed Leeds United hooligan has appeared in court for his part in a disturbance at Elland Road on the same day as his son.
Nicholas Addison was, 44, was yesterday given 120 community service order and a three-year football banning order for his involvement in the ugly scenes during the match against Ipswich last April.
Addison pleaded guilty to threatening behaviour and said he was deeply ashamed of his actions after Leeds Magistrates' Court was shown footage of him taking part in the pitch invasion.
Addison appeared before a district judge just a day after his son Nathan, 22, was jailed for four months and handed a six-year FBO for throwing a coin during the same incident.
It means father and son, both of St James Road, Halifax, are banned from any regulated domestic football match and England internationals for the length of the orders.
District judge Christopher Darnton told Addison: "This has brought great shame upon yourself and upon you family. There was a time when, almost without exception, people involved in these football-prelated circumstances could expect a custodial sentence.
"This was behaviour that was totally out of character. In my view you were swept along with the crowd and the emotion at that time.
"No doubt in the cold, sober, light of day you looked back and realised your behaviour was incredibly stupid."

Duane Jordan, 20, of Vinery View, East End Park, Leeds, was also given a 12 community order and a three-year FBO for his involvement in the incident.
The court heard how Jordan, who admitted threatening behaviour, had been at the game with his parents but left them to join in the disturbance.
On Monday Leeds Crown Court heard how disabled football fans cowered in fear as Leeds United thugs showered them with coins and abuse as their team was relegated last season.
Wheelchair-bound Ipswich Town supporters and a teenage girl with cerebral palsy suffered injuries including a cut face and bruising after they were trapped pitch-side by a marauding mob who swarmed towards the away end towards the final minutes of the 1-1 draw.
Banning orders totalling 45 years were handed to 11 men and two youths by a judge at the crown court.

Two other men also appeared before the magistrates' court yesterday in connection with the disturbance prior to the Leeds game against Millwall at Elland Road on October 27.

Millwall fan Matthew Cook, 20, of Romford, Essex, was on board one of the five double decker buses which were pelted with missiles on the approach to the stadium as rival fans clashed.
Cook was arrested after he was spotted by police kicking in windows on the bus.
He was fined £300 and given a three-year FBO after admitting criminal damaged and attempted criminal damage.

Leeds fan Stephen Ottewell, of Caernarvon Crescent, Barnsley, was fined £160 and given a three-year FBO after admitting threatening behaviour during the same incident.
Ottewell was spotted shouting threats and obscenities at rival supporters as well as police who formed a cordon in front of the Billy Bremner statue.

YEP

Torgeir

« Svar #19 på: Februar 11, 2008, 10:11:06 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-United-fans-arrested-in.3763341.jp

Hmmm....virker som det blir verre og verre jo lengre ned vi kommer.

>:( >:( >:( >:( 8) 8) 8)
"I`m hard but fair-like Leeds United"

"We will be back"

Torgeir

kjelvi

« Svar #20 på: Februar 12, 2008, 16:06:11 »
Leeds thugs trashed my pub

The landlord of the Shoemakers Tavern, who did not want to be named, had to have every window replaced

A landlord has described how his pub was besieged by rioting Leeds football hooligans who threw manhole covers, road signs and rocks at the windows to cause more than £8,000 worth of damage.
During Northampton Town's match against Leeds United on Saturday, several cases of violent disorder were reported to police and a total of 18 men, all Leeds United supporters, were arrested.
The landlord at the Shoemakers Tavern, who asked not to be named, said as many as 50 Leeds fans descended on the Spring Boroughs pub intent on causing trouble.
In an interview with the Northampton Chronicle he said: "We had about 30 Cobblers fans inside having a quiet drink, and they were as good as gold and not even boisterous.
"Then trouble started outside when I'd say at least 50 people started throwing whatever they could get their hands on at the pub. They were hurling rocks to start with, then road signs and manhole covers.
"They smashed every single window. Usually I don't even have to put on extra staff when Cobblers play because we never get any trouble, and the fans don't drink in here.
"All my regulars have been fantastic, they've been down here sweeping up the broken glass and helping out, to get the pub open as usual."
The troublemakers, believed to be members of the notorious Leeds Service Crew hooligan element, were tracked to the Moon on the Square pub in the town centre andarrested at about 4.30pm, after apparently causing the fracas outside the Shoemakers Tavern, in Lower Cross Street.
The landlord, who has worked at the pub for about six months, said the damage would cost in the region of £8,000 to clear up, and he missed out on a further £400 in lost trade because he was forced to close on Saturday night.
He added: "I was surprised only 14 people were arrested. They will probably only get a slap on the wrist."
Another eyewitness, who watched the disturbance from her house, said: "It was an absolute riot, and has been understated by the police.
"The instigator looked like he was in his 50s, and it was completely pathetic behaviour from a lot of men and boys. I counted at least 30 people."
Northamptonshire Police – who believe the fighting was premeditated – charged two people with public order offences and released 16 more on bail.

YEP

Sleivind

« Svar #21 på: Februar 19, 2008, 12:44:02 »
Politiet vil ha tak i noen som kan identifisere noen av de som lagde bråk under kampen mellom Leeds og Millwall 27.oktober. Trist at slike folk fortsatt får lov til å gå på Leedskamper.

Men jeg må virkelig berømme politiet i Leeds for rask og effektivt arbeid  :P

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1244940,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #22 på: Mars 13, 2008, 10:23:46 »
Politiet vil ha tak i noen som kan identifisere noen av de som lagde bråk under kampen mellom Leeds og Millwall 27.oktober. Trist at slike folk fortsatt får lov til å gå på Leedskamper.

Nå også med bilder!
Har sjekket, ser ingen kjente....!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-Millwall-violence-police-photos.3873518.jp

sportcarl1

« Svar #23 på: Mars 13, 2008, 15:20:18 »
kan ju vara Millwallhooliganer med

Roy

« Svar #24 på: Mars 13, 2008, 17:01:59 »

Nå også med bilder!
Har sjekket, ser ingen kjente....!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-Millwall-violence-police-photos.3873518.jp

Minnet ikke han ene litt på Bates... ::)
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

kjelvi

« Svar #25 på: Mars 17, 2008, 11:09:53 »
Endelig noe positivt å høre ....

Police praise for away fans

Police and publicans have paid tribute to football fans after an estimated 3,500 Leeds United supporters flooded into Burslem on Saturday.
Some pubs used a voucher system ensuring only regular drinkers could be admitted, and most put bouncers on the doors before and after the game with Port Vale.
There had also been fears of possible clashes between fans and hundreds of guests at a gipsy wedding at the George Hotel. A police spokesman said: "Although things were bubbling at some stages we did not need to send in any extra patrols."
Three pubs were designated for away fans. At one of them - the Leopard Hotel - a spokesman said: "The Leeds fans said they had been treated better than at most games."

thewonderofyou.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #26 på: Mars 21, 2008, 19:53:09 »
Leeds United thugs' video rampage

DAMNING footage showing Leeds United fans rioting after a match has been released on the internet.
The footage shows thugs throwing missiles, booting bins and chanting following last Saturday's match against Port Vale.
Port Vale chairman Bill Bratt is reported to be demanding compensation from Leeds United after parts of Vale Park were trashed.
Bratt estimates damage at the ground has totalled around £2,000.
He says Vale catering staff were spat at and threatened, while catering manager Keith Bailey had to pull a young Leeds supporter to safety after he was in danger of being stamped on by his own fans.
Now Mr Bratt plans to send the internet footage to Leeds United along with his claim for compensation.
A Leeds United spokesman said they have not yet heard from the club.
Mr Bratt said: "A minority of Leeds fans were generally creating mayhem.
"We had to shut the kiosks because of the behaviour of the fans.
"It wasn't the behaviour you want from football supporters, or from anyone.
"If it was our supporters, I wouldn't be at all happy. We have a reputation across the country for well-behaved fans.
"Staff shouldn't be put in that position. They are there to do a job and serve these supporters with food and drink.
"They shouldn't have to put up with that. I just find it abhorrent.
"Having said that, a lot of Leeds supporters were well behaved. I have no wish to decry the majority."
More than 3,000 Leeds fans had travelled to Burslem to watch their side draw 3-3 with Port Vale.
A spokesman for Leeds United said: "We have heard nothing from Port Vale and if we do, we will respond to them."

Se videoen her: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zpILY4NU-Hs

YEP

Lord-Meta

« Svar #27 på: Mars 23, 2008, 19:59:17 »
Hooligans systemet i england er da ikke så gale, politiet har gjort en god jobb i england på denne fronten. Men med at hooligansen og de hardcore supporterne har minsket fra mange engelske klubber, blir også atmospheren dårligere. Hardcores blir bytta ut med familiene, og familiene lager sjelden den helt store stemningen. Prisene må selvsagt ta sin del av skylda, ettersom det å gå på kamp i england er en dyr fornøyelse. Så da får man velge hva man vill ha, mindre hardcores og dårligere stemning, masse hardcores å fantastisk stemning, eller en god blanding :P

Hallgeir *

« Svar #28 på: Mars 23, 2008, 22:40:27 »
Hooligans systemet i england er da ikke så gale, politiet har gjort en god jobb i england på denne fronten. Men med at hooligansen og de hardcore supporterne har minsket fra mange engelske klubber, blir også atmospheren dårligere. Hardcores blir bytta ut med familiene, og familiene lager sjelden den helt store stemningen. Prisene må selvsagt ta sin del av skylda, ettersom det å gå på kamp i england er en dyr fornøyelse. Så da får man velge hva man vill ha, mindre hardcores og dårligere stemning, masse hardcores å fantastisk stemning, eller en god blanding :P
  Hvilke holdninger har du!!!!!!!!!! Jeg blir bare så jæ.....g rystet av slikt! Valget er da såre enkelt. Det skal være trygt å gå på kamp. De som oppsøker fotballarenaer for å lage kvalm, ødelegge inventar og sette andre menneskers liv i fare...til dem sier jeg bare : F..k off!!!! DU ER INGEN TILHENGER Ã… SAMLE PÃ… ! :o :o :o ???
Super Leeds since 1968

Lord-Meta

« Svar #29 på: Mars 23, 2008, 23:12:53 »
Du har tydligvis ikke skjønt meningen med posten min. Men greit. Etter det jeg har forstått ved å vært på engelske forum med stortsett bare folk fra leeds, så er det ekstremt sjeldent at det er fare for noen som helst rundt stadion. de som driver med hooliganisme tar som oftest turen et stykke uten for selve stadion området pga mengden med politi. Som jeg sa har politiet gjort en god jobb. Men hvis du kan påstå at stemningen i england er den samme som før, så har du jammen meg ikke vært der borte på noen år. og når jeg sier hardcore så mener jeg ikke bare de som driver hooligans,for det er ikke mange av dem lengre. Hardcore er de som møter opp på kamp å synger å drar i uansett motstander osv. tror du har misforstått ganske mye der ja.

Jeg støtter på ingen måte noe som helst med hooliganisme, men sier bare fakta slik det er. Ikke nørdvendig å ta helt av her.
« Siste redigering: Mars 23, 2008, 23:15:11 av Lord-Meta »