Skrevet av Emne: A message to all you Norwegian Whites!  (Lest 37058 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Peewee

• Gjest
A message to all you Norwegian Whites!
« på: September 17, 2008, 17:00:54 »
The greatest Football fans in the world. Your support through these tough times for our club makes you the people you are: Strong, Proud and Leeds through and through! Keep the Faith! MARCHING ON TOGETHER FOREVER :)

MartinR

• På juniorlaget
  • One time Leeds, Always Leeds
    • MSN Messenger - Reitan96@hotmail.com
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: A message to all you Norwegian Whites!
« Svar #1 på: September 17, 2008, 17:12:46 »
Yeah!! We are the best football fans :D This is good :)

Snow

• Gjest
« Svar #2 på: September 17, 2008, 20:49:30 »
A real fan is always proud of there team(s) :)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3 på: September 17, 2008, 21:01:05 »
The greatest Football fans in the world. Your support through these tough times for our club makes you the people you are: Strong, Proud and Leeds through and through! Keep the Faith! MARCHING ON TOGETHER FOREVER :)

Thanks, Peewee :)
...and thanks for the hospitality we meet on our trips to Yorkshire. It's always a pleasure :)

It seems we're  slowly on our way to recovery :)
Glory days are looming just around the corner.
We never stop believin' :)

Marching on together, on both sides of that little shore that seperates us :)

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Peewee

• Gjest
« Svar #4 på: September 17, 2008, 23:43:35 »
It is our pleasure guys. Having such a large and fanatical fan base from Norway, Denmark and Scandinavia in general sticking with the club through our lows shows just how great our club still is, our glory days are about to come again very soon, and your superb support means you will enjoy it all the more, and makes me immensely proud. It seems the generation of Leeds fans in Scandinavia that watched Leeds in the 70's are passing on their support to their children and the younger generation? MARCHING ON TOGETHER! :)

lojosang

« Svar #5 på: September 17, 2008, 23:54:30 »
Well, some of us saw the Light in the early nineties and in the O'Leary era as well.
- Leif Olav

berlin

« Svar #6 på: September 18, 2008, 00:18:48 »
Message to peewee, whoever you are:

The number of LUSCOS member seems stabile or even increasing during recent years.
I doubt that the "big four" would ever experience the same loyalty.
Indeed, there is a lot of members who became fans during the 6os and 70s,
but what pleases me most, is the amount of younger members connected to LUSCOS,
and not only the kids of the beforementioned "Glory days fans"

Many Leeds supporters did actually enjoy "the hard times" during the eighties,
although most people would want them back in PL (where we belong). I personally think that it's possible to enjoy(?) this period  we're living in. I have no doubt in Leeds being promoted in the near future, hopefully this year.

Mind you, peewee, Leeds Utd FC , is fast becoming a "cult club" beeing at the third level ( in Norway).
Again, personally I would love to se Leeds go through the next stages without big investors like Man City, Chelsea and soforth, establishing a platform through our own academy mixed with sensible boughts.

MOT
« Siste redigering: September 18, 2008, 11:57:29 av berlin »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 på: September 18, 2008, 00:33:44 »
I just want to add that the number one comic (apart from Donald Duck) in Norway these days is about a man supporting Liverpool with his best friend Jokke a Leeds supporter. (here's one where Jokke is about to start telling his son Gordon (you know the inspiration :) ) what should be his club while his mother (ManU yeah - and you see the compromize in the name of the kid) is doing her best for her case...

The moral is: Leeds's in no way forgotten!

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Snow

• Gjest
« Svar #8 på: September 18, 2008, 07:22:45 »
Funny!! :)

MartinR

• På juniorlaget
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: September 18, 2008, 07:23:48 »
Cool 8) We are the best :D

Kjell Skjerven

« Svar #10 på: September 18, 2008, 09:40:30 »

The number of LUSCOS member seems stabile or even increasing during recent years.
Indeed, there is a ot of members who became fans during the 6os and 70s,
buut what pleases me most, is the amount of younger members connected to LUSCOS,

although most people would wat them back in PL (where we belong). I personally think that it's possible to enjoy(?) this period  we're living in. I have no doubt in Leeds being promoted in the near future, hopefully this year.

Mind you, peewee, Leeds Utd FC , is fast becoming a "cult club" beeing at the third level ( in Norway).
Again, personally I would love to se Leeds go through the next stages without big investors like Man City, Chelsea and soforth, establishing a platform through our own academy mixed with sensible boughts.

When i was 16 years old, I cycled to Leeds from Norway, I had little money meaning I'd have no other option. These days, however, when it's pretty cheap airflight, means that a lot of Norwegians colud possiby vist Leeds or an away match, maybe twice a year.

MOT

Twice a year... ;D ;D
Side before self,every time.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 på: September 18, 2008, 09:46:28 »

Twice a year... ;D ;D

There are exceptions of course. Some travel twice a day...   ::)

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Peewee

• Gjest
« Svar #12 på: September 18, 2008, 10:26:12 »
Thanks guys. It seems that we are still one of the best supported teams in Norway. Leeds have always been quite well known for having a number of fanatical fans from Scandinavia, I'm very happy to see the trend continue! And yes, enjoy these times in the Third Division, in twenty years time everyone will look back at them very fondly! Anybody coming over for the cup game against Hartlepool or Hereford on Saturday? MOT!   :)

Peewee

• Gjest
« Svar #13 på: September 18, 2008, 10:28:31 »

buut what pleases me most, is the amount of younger members connected to LUSCOS,

although most people would wat them back in PL (where we belong). I personally think that it's possible to enjoy(?) this period  we're living in. I have no doubt in Leeds being promoted in the near future, hopefully this year.

When i was 16 years old, I cycled to Leeds from Norway, I had little money meaning I'd have no other option. These days, however, when it's pretty cheap airflight, means that a lot of Norwegians colud possiby vist Leeds or an away match, maybe twice a year.

MOT

Next time you are over, contact me and I will get you a drink, has anyone ever cycled further than that to a Leeds game?! :D

berlin

« Svar #14 på: September 18, 2008, 16:00:00 »

When i was 16 years old, I cycled to Leeds from Norway, I had little money meaning I'd have no other option. These days, however, when it's pretty cheap airflight, means that a lot of Norwegians could possibly visit Leeds or an away match, maybe twice a year.
MOT

Twice a year... ;D ;D

;D Well, Kjell, you know you're an exception to that, along with a dozen or perhaps 20 others!
Still, I would say that an average member of LUSCOS would be more than happy making two trips a year!

Having said that, RESPECT to those who prioritize LUFC above all other things.

But I do mean that younger people, students, familiy people share the same passion for LUFC,
independent of the amount of trips they're able to do to "Mecca". And you're a bit lucky as well, as it is many people in Leeds not able to go regulary to Elland Road, because of the tciket prices.

As for me (a familiy man) I have been fortunate to have made more than 40 trips to UK since 1989,
making it a bit more than twice a year, apart from the "famous" cycle trip in 1981 ( nowadays I'm far to lazy to even think about a another cycle trip, in fact I get exhausted only by the question )
« Siste redigering: September 18, 2008, 22:15:23 av berlin »

berlin

« Svar #15 på: September 18, 2008, 16:02:00 »

MOT

Next time you are over, contact me and I will get you a drink, has anyone ever cycled further than that to a Leeds game?! :D

I'll buy you one as well!  8)

Peewee

• Gjest
« Svar #16 på: September 18, 2008, 21:42:01 »

MOT

I'll buy you one as well!  8)

Pint of Tetley's please buddy!  ;) So how is everyone feeling about the season so far? A lot of people over here feel that Gary Mac can become our best manager since Howard Wilkinson, and there is a lot of optimism that we are fast on the way back! MOT

Tom S

« Svar #17 på: September 18, 2008, 21:52:17 »
I have a good feeling for the season and believe we will get promoted as Champions!

After a slow start I think Macca and the boys are getting it together and are better for each game they play. I hope Macca will prove he is the right man for the job.

COME ON LEEDS !!

Tom S

« Svar #18 på: September 18, 2008, 21:53:55 »
Peewee;

Who do you think should play left back vs Carlisle on Saturday?
COME ON LEEDS !!

berlin

« Svar #19 på: September 19, 2008, 11:25:05 »
Pint of Tetley's please buddy!  ;) So how is everyone feeling about the season so far? A lot of people over here feel that Gary Mac can become our best manager since Howard Wilkinson, and there is a lot of optimism that we are fast on the way back! MOT

After the last three matches, the feeling is good. Looks like we're capable of scoring goals, although we're letting in quite a few as well. In general, if we continue that goalscoring habit, we will get the points needed for promotion, I think, as well as it's good entertainment.
Good to hear that optimism is back among the supporters!  :)

Gary Mac is a very likable person, and it's no question that he'll be a hero (again) if we get promoted,
and then do well the next season in CCC. Wheter or not he is capable to lead the team sucessfully in PL,
remains a big question, but then, why not?
« Siste redigering: September 19, 2008, 18:05:48 av berlin »

Snow

• Gjest
« Svar #20 på: September 19, 2008, 17:26:53 »
Leeds best in England :) We are the best supporters ever!  ;)

Peewee

• Gjest
« Svar #21 på: September 19, 2008, 18:39:16 »
Peewee;

Aidan White without a doubt. I would actually go as far to say that he is probably the best left back at the club, even at the age of 16.

Tom S

« Svar #22 på: September 19, 2008, 20:19:07 »
Aidan is no doubt a hot prospect but, don't you think he is a bit young to be thrown into a game like this?
But, it's good to hear that we at last has got a good left back again. I have waited for that ever since the days of Dorigo.

I would think Macca picks Hughes for his experience for the game at Brunton Park.

Peewee;

Aidan White without a doubt. I would actually go as far to say that he is probably the best left back at the club, even at the age of 16.
COME ON LEEDS !!

Peewee

• Gjest
« Svar #23 på: September 19, 2008, 21:05:00 »
Aidan is no doubt a hot prospect but, don't you think he is a bit young to be thrown into a game like this?
But, it's good to hear that we at last has got a good left back again. I have waited for that ever since the days of Dorigo.

I would think Macca picks Hughes for his experience for the game at Brunton Park.

I would not be at all worried about playing Aidan at Carlisle. He has showed against a Championship side in Crystal Palace and a local derby against Bradford in front of a good crowd at Elland Road that he can be a very good player, and he has got to experience league action some time. He also strikes me as being very confident, and will be able to cope with the game tommorow, I'm sure. If he carries on developing as he as, he will be the best left back since, as you said, Tony Dorigo. I actually think Macca will play him tommorow, such is his faith in him. He will do the business  :)

Alexander Lejandro

« Svar #24 på: September 20, 2008, 10:12:05 »
We go for champions! Winners of 08/09

MartinR

• På juniorlaget
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #25 på: September 20, 2008, 10:16:18 »
We go for champions! Winners of 08/09
Yeah! We go for gold!!

Tom S

« Svar #26 på: September 20, 2008, 19:20:35 »
You where right about Aidan and, I think he played well and deserved his place.
But what was the injury about?

I would not be at all worried about playing Aidan at Carlisle. He has showed against a Championship side in Crystal Palace and a local derby against Bradford in front of a good crowd at Elland Road that he can be a very good player, and he has got to experience league action some time. He also strikes me as being very confident, and will be able to cope with the game tommorow, I'm sure. If he carries on developing as he as, he will be the best left back since, as you said, Tony Dorigo. I actually think Macca will play him tommorow, such is his faith in him. He will do the business  :)

COME ON LEEDS !!

peacock

« Svar #27 på: September 20, 2008, 20:03:05 »
Morsomt at en engelskmann får oppmerksomhet. Dog mye trist å lese her. Jeg underviser i engelsk :)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #28 på: September 20, 2008, 20:09:02 »
You where right about Aidan and, I think he played well and deserved his place.
But what was the injury about?

Our beloved waccoe as always got a (not always 'the') answer: :)

Sitat
Why was White subbed so early in the 2nd half?

cramp

Ta for that. Good to hear it wasnt either a serious injury or because he was getting the runaround

Nah he was playing very well up until the cramp struck

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #29 på: September 20, 2008, 20:12:21 »
Morsomt at en engelskmann får oppmerksomhet. Dog mye trist å lese her. Jeg underviser i engelsk :)
:)
...se på det som en side der mange får øving i å skrive engelsk :)

(grammatikken sliiiiter mange nok engelskmenn med også, hint:waccoe :) )

(some English teacher said he was in tears of the writings in here  :D  )

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan