Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 8  (Lest 30413 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 8
« Svar #60 på: Desember 19, 2008, 19:27:58 »
Whatever Happened To Peter Reid’s Leeds Loanees?  

Roque Junior – A World Cup winner in 2002, Roque Junior arrived at Elland Road from AC Milan and endured little short of a nightmare in his brief stay with the club (from which he has never really recovered). The Brazilian defender’s stint at Leeds began with a 4:0 drubbing at Leicester City and he was sent-off in his home debut against Birmingham City in a 2:0 defeat. His remaining appearances in a Leeds shirt were a 2:2 Carling Cup draw at home to Swindon Town, a 4:0 Premiership defeat at Everton, a 3:2 defeat at home to Manchester United in the Carling Cup (in which he did at least score both Leeds goals), a 4:1 loss at home to Arsenal and, finally, a 6:1 drubbing at Portsmouth. Roque Junior spent the second half of the season back in Italy, on loan to Siena. At the season’s end he moved to Bayer Leverkusen, but made just 33 Bundesliga appearances in three seasons. He moved to Duisburg at the start of this season but, having started just four games to date, the 31-year-old has now agreed to join Qatar’s Al-Rayyan for a final pay-day.

Over og ut for Roque Junior!

Da virker det som det er over og ut for ex-player JOSÉ VÍTOR ROQUE JÚNIOR, som spilte 5 kamper (2 mål) for Leeds på lån fra AC Milan i 2002-03.
Etter 7 kamper for Sao Paulo-klubben Palmeiras er den tidligere VM-mesteren løs fra kontrakten.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_V%C3%ADtor_Roque_J%C3%BAnior
http://www.palmeiras.com.br/futebol/roque.asp
http://www.palmeiras.com.br/home/index.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmeiras

Oggy

« Svar #61 på: Desember 20, 2008, 20:12:25 »
Og der putta Milner for Villa.
Fy flate, så jeg savner å se den gutten i Leeds-drakt  :(

Vi solgte på en måte sjela vår da han (med flere) dro
Oggy

kjelvi

« Svar #62 på: Desember 22, 2008, 20:08:30 »
Walton Punished for Stupidity

It looks like Simon Walton will be getting more than just a few days off this Christmas, with Paul Sturrock deciding to transfer list the former Leeds man after his red card at Oakwell on Saturday.
Walton was seen to throw a kick at Anderson de Silva after the Brazilian had won a perfectly good tackle in the first half on Saturday. What the Argyle record signing was thinking is a mystery to all, as it was in right in front of the nose of referee Dean Whitestone and he wasted no time in producing a straight red card.
Plymouth boss Sturrock thought that Walton's stupidity had cost his side the game and couldn't hide his frustration in an interview with his club's Official Website:
"I have had a discussion with Simon today and I have made it very plain to him how disappointed I was about the whole scenario.
"I had emphasised it to him, after watching video evidence from the last couple of games where there were certain incidents that could have turned into what happened on Saturday.
"He took no heed of that and, after careful consideration, I have decided to put him on the transfer list, and I have fined him two weeks' wages.
"There were several incidences in several games where he has been very close to tempting [the referee]. After taking the time to show him bits and pieces, and reiterate my thoughts on it, for it not to happen, I cannot accept.
"He has let all the players down, which is more important than anything else and I feel this is an appropriate course of action."
It's not the first time Walton has shown an aggressive side at Oakwell and many fans weren't surprised when they realized who in fact had been giving his marching orders on Saturday. In various instances over the years he's been seen to lunge in and after showing early promise at Leeds as a youngster, it looks as though his career is frittering away down the pan.
However, that being said the decision undoubtedly helped us. Although the team have come in for some criticism for not killing the game off earlier under the circumstances, a win is a win and a 2-0 victory is nothing to be sniffed at for a team like us. I suppose we should be thanking Mr Walton, who made our job much, much easier.

whitelocks

« Svar #63 på: Desember 22, 2008, 22:29:11 »
Noe for oss? Tøff og taklingssterk stopper trenger vi!! Kan vel temme han litt slik at han spiller nesten hver kamp? Send bud straks da han passer godt inn mht alderssammensetning i vårt lag!!
Tenk positivt folkens ;D ;D

whitelocks

« Svar #64 på: Desember 22, 2008, 22:30:39 »
Ops! Send bud straks.... var ment som kommentar til Kjelvis innlegg om Simon Walton og at han var transferlistet. 8)

kjelvi

« Svar #65 på: Desember 23, 2008, 00:15:53 »
Top 50 British footballers of 2008

You won't find Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard or John Terry here. We’ve tried to give the little-known and the under-rated their due by concentrating on those who have enhanced their reputations this year. The kind of footballers who took their game to the next level in 2008, no matter what level it was before.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5347498.ece

30. Paul Robinson After a nightmarish couple of years, the goalkeeper enjoyed a mini-resurgence in 2008 and returned to the England squad, even though he had to move from Spurs to Blackburn to start rebuilding his belief. And my, hasn’t he been busy lately.

28. Fabian Delph
Top-flight scouts are queuing up to take a peek at this versatile, energetic, committed attacking midfield player - the best young player to emerge at Leeds United since Aaron Lennon.

27. Adam Johnson
Real Madrid tracking Middlesbrough winger? Must be Stewart Downing. But no, apparently the Spanish giants are keeping an eye on the progress of Johnson, a 21-year-old from Sunderland who has only a handful of starts for Boro.

8 James Milner
"He's the future, my future," Capello said this week of the most-capped player in England under-21s history, so expect the Villa winger to make his first international appearance before long - reward for some lively displays this year, though he may only be England's fifth-choice right winger after Walcott, Wright-Phillips, Bentley and Beckham.

kjelvi

« Svar #66 på: Desember 23, 2008, 00:28:19 »
THE LIST: Our favourite foreign players to have graced the English game 1-50

Noen kjente fjest på Daily Mails liste over de 50 beste utenlandske spillere:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1097675/THE-LIST-10-1-favourite-foreign-players-graced-English-game.html

2. Eric Cantona (Leeds 1992; Manchester United 1992 - 1997)

22. Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Manchester United 1996 - 2007)

26. Lucas Radebe (Leeds 1994 - 2005)

kjelvi

« Svar #67 på: Desember 23, 2008, 12:18:23 »

* Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant is a £3m target for Celtic. (Daily Mirror)
* Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant is a £million target for Celtic - which could see Aiden McGeady moving to the Premier League. (Daily Mirror)

Plymouth's Walton put up for sale 
Plymouth midfielder Simon Walton has been put on the transfer list and fined two-weeks wages after his red card in the 2-0 defeat at Barnsley on Saturday.
Walton, 21, was sent off for kicking out at Anderson Da Silva after a foul.
"I do feel that it's only appropriate. He's let down his fellow players as well which is a big disappointment to me," Sturrock told BBC Spotlight.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/7795095.stm

ARGYLE TRANSFER LIST WALTON
Simon Walton has been transfer-listed by Plymouth following his dismissal in Saturday's Championship defeat at Barnsley.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/08/12/22/manual_173837.html

Robbie Keane insists he is staying put at Liverpool and has vowed to make his critics eat their words by the end of the season. (Daily Star)

KEANE FRUSTRATED BY OUTSIDER CLAIMS
Robbie Keane has spoken of his annoyance that his Liverpool future is being discussed by people from outside the club who do not know the true situation.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/12/22/SOCCER_Liverpool_Keane.html

Liverpool striker Robbie Keane has denied claims that he is poised to quit Anfield. (Daily Telegraph)

VIDUKA NOT PLANNING TO QUIT
Mark Viduka is hoping for an extended stay at Newcastle after reminding the club of his enduring quality.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/12/22/manual_134309.html

kjelvi

« Svar #68 på: Desember 23, 2008, 21:28:47 »
Fowler fikk sparken
Big Sam» har satt i gang med julerengjøringen.
Robbie Fowler ble tirsdag frigitt fra sin kontrakt med Blackburn. Klubbens nye manager, Sam Allardyce, mente at spissen var overflødig i stallen.
http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/england/article2482940.ece

Hallgeir *

« Svar #69 på: Desember 24, 2008, 10:41:40 »
 Ifølge TIPS er Radostin Kishishev nå løst fra sin kontrakt i Leicester.
Super Leeds since 1968

kjelvi

« Svar #70 på: Desember 24, 2008, 11:35:30 »
* Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant is a £3m target for Celtic. (Daily Mirror)

Real Madrid wanted to sign Jermaine Pennant from Liverpool but his wages demands were too high and he may now end up joining Wigan. (Daily Mail)

PENNANT RETAINS LIVERPOOL HOPES
Jermaine Pennant is refusing to give up hope of winning his place back in the side and staying at Liverpool.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/nw_story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/12/24/manual_090317.html

kjelvi

« Svar #71 på: Desember 24, 2008, 11:36:23 »
Fowler fikk sparken
Robbie Fowler ble tirsdag frigitt fra sin kontrakt med Blackburn. Klubbens nye manager, Sam Allardyce, mente at spissen var overflødig i stallen.

Blackburn release veteran Fowler 
Robbie Fowler has been released by new Blackburn after manager Sam Allardyce decided not to extend his contract.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7798305.stm

kjelvi

« Svar #72 på: Desember 26, 2008, 16:01:12 »
The surprise transfer of Jermaine Pennant to Real Madrid could be resurrected today when Juande Ramos meets the Spanish champions' money men to insist he still wants the deal to go ahead. (Daily Mail)

Jermaine Pennant will sign for Real Madrid after the Spanish giants came back offering improved terms to the Liverpool winger. (Various)
« Siste redigering: Desember 26, 2008, 16:05:16 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #73 på: Desember 26, 2008, 21:07:48 »
Fowler fikk sparken
Blackburn release veteran Fowler 
Robbie Fowler has been released by new Blackburn after manager Sam Allardyce decided not to extend his contract.

Blackburn striker Fowler
Grimsby boss Mike Newell is tightlipped on whether they will move for Robbie Fowler after his release from Blackburn Rovers.
He told the Telegraph: "Robbie's release changes nothing.
"You can never say never in football but the situation is the same as it was a few weeks ago.
"I haven't spoken to Robbie since the news broke the first time."

kjelvi

« Svar #74 på: Desember 26, 2008, 21:09:31 »
Sbragia: Healy has Sunderland future
Sunderland caretaker boss Ricky Sbragia has assured David Healy he's in his plans.
He said: “David got a hat-trick for the reserves, he’s training hard and he’s got his head down. David’s got a future here.”

Wigan boss Bruce coy on bid for Liverpool's Pennant
Wigan Athletic boss Steve Bruce is tightlipped over his interest for Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant.
“He’s going to Wigan yesterday and Real Madrid today,” said Bruce at a Wednesday press conference.
“With speculation you’re never going to get me to comment on other people’s players, that’s for sure.
“I had Jermaine before so I know what he’s all about, he’s a very good player but that’s the way it is at the moment.”

kjelvi

« Svar #75 på: Desember 28, 2008, 15:01:40 »
Foxe will take what he can get at Perth Glory
Former Leeds and West Ham defender Hayden Foxe is prepared to sign a performance-based contract at Perth Glory.
“I want to stay in Perth but I’ve got to be honest. I’ve come back and I’ve played six games last year and two games this year so I can’t argue with whatever the club says,” he said.
“I could be on a pay-as-you-play contract. It depends how they structure it, but I’d be willing to do that."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayden_Foxe
http://www.perthglory.com.au/default.aspx?s=pgfc_playerprofile_item&pid=118

kjelvi

« Svar #76 på: Desember 29, 2008, 15:29:10 »
UEFA gaffe has Real Madrid accelerating Liverpool talks for Pennant
Real Madrid are intensifying their pursuit of Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant.
The Mail on Sunday says Pennant has moved back to the top of Real Madrid's wanted list of wingers because the Spanish club appear to have blundered by signing players ineligible for the Champions League.
Clubs are only allowed to add three players to their Champions League squad mid-season and only one of those can have played in the UEFA Cup.
Both Lassana Diarra and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar have played in the UEFA Cup this term but, while Pennant was listed in Liverpool's Champions League squad, he has not played in the competition and so is eligible, making him favourite to secure an extraordinary move.

kjelvi

« Svar #77 på: Desember 30, 2008, 11:36:16 »
Wigan are interested in Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant. (The Times)
Pennant's arrival at the JJB Stadium could signal the departure of midfielder Luis Antonio Valencia to Real Madrid. (The Times)
Tottenham are also keen on out-of-favour Pennant. (Daily Express)

kjelvi

« Svar #78 på: Desember 30, 2008, 11:36:43 »
Burton Albion manager Nigel Clough has emerged as a shock contender to replace Paul Jewell at Derby. (Daily Star)
Or, Derby want Paul Ince as their new manager. (Daily Mirror)
Former Watford manager Aidy Boothroyd is among the favourites to replace Jewell. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #79 på: Desember 30, 2008, 11:48:03 »
Peter Reid Wants Long-Term Thai Stay
Despite losing the final of South-east Asia’s premier competition to Vietnam on Sunday, former England international Peter Reid has pledged his long-term future to Thailand.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1276/south-east-asia/2008/12/30/1033342/peter-reid-wants-long-term-thai-stay

kjelvi

« Svar #80 på: Desember 31, 2008, 13:51:14 »
Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant has emerged as a £3m target for Spanish side Atletico Madrid, just days after snubbing their city rivals Real. (The Sun)
Or, Real have agreed a £3.5m deal for Pennant but could decide to sign Wigan's £15m-rated Luis Antonio Valencia or Benfica's Angel di Maria for £17m instead. (Daily Mirror)
Tottenham and Wigan are also weighing up a bid for Pennant. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #81 på: Desember 31, 2008, 13:52:54 »
Former Watford manager Aidy Boothroyd is among the favourites to replace Jewell. (Daily Mirror)
Norwich City will turn to former Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd as a replacement for current manager Glenn Roeder if they do not improve their form in the Championship. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #82 på: Desember 31, 2008, 14:00:51 »
Fra ryktebørsen foran Januar-vinduet:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7785570.stm

* Hull selger gjerne keeper Tony Warner - og vurderer å kjøpe lånespilleren Marlon King fra Wigan
* Liverpool er hissig på Aaron Lennon, samt hissig på å selge Jeremain Pennant for å cashe inn cash før han blir Bosman-spiller til sommeren
* Sunderland er interessert i Fabian Delph
* Tottenham vurderer å selge Aaron Lennon
* West Ham må slanke lønnsbudsjettet - og Lee Bowyer er en av en rekke spillere klubben vurderer å kvitte seg med

« Siste redigering: Desember 31, 2008, 14:09:00 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #83 på: Desember 31, 2008, 14:12:05 »
Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant has emerged as a £3m target for Spanish side Atletico Madrid, just days after snubbing their city rivals Real. (The Sun)
Or, Real have agreed a £3.5m deal for Pennant but could decide to sign Wigan's £15m-rated Luis Antonio Valencia or Benfica's Angel di Maria for £17m instead. (Daily Mirror)
Tottenham and Wigan are also weighing up a bid for Pennant. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham are ready to pay £2million to end the Liverpool misery of Jermaine Pennant - but the out-of-favour winger wants to move to Spain. (Daily Star)

Klingen

« Svar #84 på: Desember 31, 2008, 16:16:05 »
Gavin Rothery på flyttefot igjen.
In addition, City Manager Martin Foyle has decided to release midfielder Gavin Rothery with immediate effect. Rothery will continue to train with City in the short term but his contract will not be renewed and he will be allowed to leave as soon as he can find a new club in the January transfer window. Martin Foyle explained that he was disappointed not to have been able to see Rothery play more games but wants to extend the loan deal of midfielder Adam Smith as well as pursuing other possible signings in January.
« Siste redigering: Desember 31, 2008, 16:46:25 av Klingen »
Klingen
Medlemnr. 456

kjelvi

« Svar #85 på: Januar 01, 2009, 13:07:30 »
Hull City boss Phil Brown is lining up a £2m raid for Wigan midfielder Michael Brown, and will also pay the Latics £3m to make Marlon King's loan into a permanent deal. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #86 på: Januar 01, 2009, 21:31:14 »
Tottenham are ready to pay £2million to end the Liverpool misery of Jermaine Pennant - but the out-of-favour winger wants to move to Spain. (Daily Star)

Hull chief Brown admits interest in former Leeds star
Hull have joined the chase for Liverpool's out-of-favour winger Jermaine Pennant.
In one of the most surprising developments of the January transfer window, Pennant has been heavily linked with a move to Spanish champions Real Madrid.
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football/Hull-chief-Brown-admits-interest.4837785.jp

kjelvi

« Svar #87 på: Januar 02, 2009, 12:16:31 »
* Inter Milan midfielder Oliver Dacourt is keen on a move to Bolton. (The Sun)
* Olivier Dacourt is desperately trying to engineer a move form Inter Milan to Bolton. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #88 på: Januar 02, 2009, 12:18:23 »
Rangers are close to landing Portsmouth defender Hermann Hreidarsson on a free and also want Sunderland striker David Healy on loan. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #89 på: Januar 03, 2009, 00:55:40 »
Transfers - January 2009 
The January transfer window is open and the period for buying and selling has been extended to 1700 GMT on Monday 2 February because 31 January falls on a Saturday.

Geoff Horsfield [unattached - Lincoln]

Horsfield signs Lincoln City deal   

Horsfield (r) played with Jackson at Halifax Town in his early playing days

Lincoln City have signed veteran striker Geoff Horsfield on a deal until the end of the season.
The 35-year-old ex-Halifax, Birmingham and West Brom striker joined the Imps on trial in December after completing treatment for testicular cancer.
Lincoln manager Peter Jackson told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: "He is a real catch for us.
"He has cost more than £7m in transfers and I hope he can come here and score goals for us."
Horsfield said: "The last few months have been traumatic for me and my family I am just pleased to get back into football and training.
"I am looking to get into coaching and the gaffer has asked me to take the reserves."
The striker has been given the number nine shirt.