Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part IV  (Lest 50192 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part IV
« Svar #210 på: April 10, 2008, 10:04:26 »
Newcastle striker Viduka undecided over quitting Socceroos
Mark Viduka's international future with Australia is still in the balance.
The 32-year-old Newcastle striker admits he is undecided on whether to continue to represent his country, who have already started their 2012 World Cup qualifying campaign in the Asian section.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=558474&in_page_id=1779

Newcastle's Mark Viduka could give up playing for Australia to extend his Magpies career (Daily Star).

kjelvi

« Svar #211 på: April 11, 2008, 08:59:56 »
Derby's Lewis not ready for MLS move  

Derby County midfielder Eddie Lewis has cooled talk of a return home to the USA's MLS.
 "I would like to think my experience can come in useful. I am very familiar with the division and what it takes," the American told the Derby Evening Telegraph.
"It is a big, long league and we will have quite a few players who have gone through the experience, and with whatever players are added, we will give ourselves every chance.
"I know the club will put a lot into coming straight back up. I think we will have a very good chance.
"I've still got one more season after this and we'll see how it goes. I would certainly like to stay in England longer.
"I know I am not getting any younger but I am in no rush to go home."

Webredaktøren

• Gjest
« Svar #212 på: April 11, 2008, 09:08:15 »
Synes det var veldig synd da han dro til Derby, hadde han blitt hos oss så hadde han i allefall vært med på å vinne kamper... ;D

kjelvi

« Svar #213 på: April 12, 2008, 23:14:09 »
Striker Robbie Keane has declared he is ready to commit his long-term future to Tottenham. (Daily Express)

Gordon Strachan insists he has no fears for his job at Celtic. (Daily Record)

kjelvi

« Svar #214 på: April 12, 2008, 23:23:09 »
Skal hilse til 'Scandinavian Whites' fra Joe Jordan!

Var på Fratton Park (Portsmouth - Newcastle 0-0) i eftan. Hadde håpet på at Alan Smith og Mark Vikuka (James Milner skadet - og ikke i troppen) skulle komme innom Victory Lounge (som funker som kombi Players - og VIP-lounge), men så ikke gutta.

Good, old Joe var ikke hypp på å snakke om Leeds (var i en gruppe på 5-6 sammen med han), men snakker mer enn gjerne om Pompeys suksess.

Viduka har en helsvart dag på jobben, mens Smith kom inn som innbytter for nettopp Viduka. Fikk ikke markert seg mye han heller!

Så heller ikke noe av Paul Hart (Director of Youth Operations) eller John Broomfield (sjefsspeider), som begge har vært på Elland Road en årrekke.

Mitt første Fratton-besøk.
Ryktet stemte: Premierships dårligste anlegg med Premierships beste steming!

kjelvi

« Svar #215 på: April 13, 2008, 15:28:22 »
Harry Kewell is desperate to earn a new contract at Liverpool - but Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri is waiting in the wings if Rafa Benitez decides to offload the Aussie star. (Sunday Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #216 på: April 14, 2008, 20:29:57 »
litt 'se og hør'-nytt....

ex-player og evig Leeds-gutt Simon Walton (QPR, på utlån til Hull) skal bli far for første gang.
Vordene mor er Page 3-dama Nicola Tappenden (delvis kjent som en WAGS-wannabe. har datet det meste av fotballspillere i London....).

lucky dog!!

http://images.google.no/images?hl=no&q=Nicola+Tappenden&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Sleivind

« Svar #217 på: April 14, 2008, 20:42:10 »
Tapp-enden var nå et snedig navn, og tydeligvis ikke det Walton har holdt på med  :P

pedro

Leedsomaniac

kjelvi

« Svar #219 på: April 15, 2008, 14:17:38 »
KEWELL JUVE TALK DENIED
Harry Kewell's personal manager has rejected reports linking the Liverpool man with a summer move to Juventus.
Reports emanating from Italy suggested the Turin giants were lining up a move for the Australia international with his future at Anfield in doubt as his current contract expires in the summer.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/04/15/manual_130516.html

FERDINAND AGREES UNITED DEAL
Rio Ferdinand's agent has revealed the defender has agreed a new five-year deal with Manchester United.
The 29-year-old moved to Old Trafford from Leeds in 2002 and has gone on to establish himself as one of the top centre-backs in the Premier League
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/04/15/manual_083117.html

Rio Ferdinand has rejected the chance to join Barcelona and agreed a five-year £130,000-a-week contract with Manchester United. (Daily Express)
« Siste redigering: April 15, 2008, 14:25:38 av kjelvi »

McMidjo

• På juniorlaget
  • Winning doesn't really matter - as long as you win
    • Vis profil
    • Bremnerbloggen
Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part IV - Paul Butler
« Svar #220 på: April 15, 2008, 23:26:10 »
Paul Butler i hardt vær:

Paul Butler and Tony Dinning could well have played their last games for Chester City.

The pair were suspended by the club for what was described as an alleged "serious breach of club discipline".

Chester manager Simon Davies said the matter is being dealt with internally, but that the decision had been taken in the best interests of the club.

Davies added that neither Butler, Chester's club captain, nor Dinning figure in his plans for next season.

Fra BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chester/7347751.stm

En ny indikasjon som indikerer at Butler kanskje ikke var særlig 'nice' i Leeds heller? Bla, bla - not a nice group - bla, bla....  :)

So-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans, so-called Leedsfans - We are here....

berlin

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part IV - Paul Butler
« Svar #221 på: April 15, 2008, 23:29:15 »
Paul Butler i hardt vær:

Paul Butler and Tony Dinning could well have played their last games for Chester City.

The pair were suspended by the club for what was described as an alleged "serious breach of club discipline".

Chester manager Simon Davies said the matter is being dealt with internally, but that the decision had been taken in the best interests of the club.

Davies added that neither Butler, Chester's club captain, nor Dinning figure in his plans for next season.

Fra BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chester/7347751.stm

En ny indikasjon som indikerer at Butler kanskje ikke var særlig 'nice' i Leeds heller? Bla, bla - not a nice group - bla, bla....  :)

Ja, Butler hadde nok ikke passet som butler.  8)

Webredaktøren

• Gjest
« Svar #222 på: April 16, 2008, 10:03:14 »
Oppfattet Butler som en tvers igjennom profesjonell spiller da han var i Leeds jeg.

kjelvi

« Svar #223 på: April 17, 2008, 13:29:02 »

Benfica are poised to launch a bid to make Celtic manager Gordon Strachan their new coach. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #224 på: April 17, 2008, 20:24:39 »
Kayserispor go for Wigan pair Olembe, Aghahowa

Wigan Athletic midfielder Salomon Olembe is set to join Turkey's Kayserispor.
The Cameroon international is off contract in June and in advanced negotiations with Kayserispor about a move for next season.
Olembe has already been given a tour of the Turkish club's facilities.
Wigan striker Julius Aghahowa is also interesting Kayserispor.

kjelvi

« Svar #225 på: April 18, 2008, 11:11:52 »
Defender Jonathan Woodgate is set to be handed the captain's armband at White Hart Lane if Ledley King leaves. (Various)

Footballer-turned-actor Vinnie Jones has recorded a motivational video for Reading in a bid to help the club avoid relegation. (The Sun)

Kevin Blackwell is happy to wait until the end of the season to discuss his future at Sheffield United, but admits he 'loves' Bramall Lane. PLC chairman Kevin McCabe revealed on Thursday he would meet with Blackwell for talks at the end of the season. (PA)

kjelvi

« Svar #226 på: April 19, 2008, 16:22:03 »
I farta 19/4

16:27 Goal - Lincoln City 2 (Jamie Forrester 67) Brentford 1
15:45: Goal - Schunthorpe 0 Cardiff 1 (Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 45)
15:45: Goal - Southampton 0  Burnley 1 (Steven Caldwell 45)
15:17 Goal - Fulham 0 Liverpool 1 (Jermaine Pennant 17)
« Siste redigering: April 19, 2008, 17:37:15 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #227 på: April 20, 2008, 11:44:54 »
If Heurelho Gomes joins Spurs, then Middlesbrough are keen to relieve them of England stopper Paul Robinson, 29, to replace 35-year-old Mark Schwarzer whose contract runs out in June. (News of the World)

Tottenham want to swap Paul Robinson for David James. (The People)

Newcastle are tracking Liverpool's out-of-favour winger Jermaine Pennant. (News of the World)

kjelvi

« Svar #228 på: April 20, 2008, 11:56:30 »
Qatar: Roque Junior Joins Al-Rayyan

2002 World Cup winner José Vítor Roque Júnior has joined Qatar giants Al RayyanThe former AC Milan and Leeds United star joins the club after a short spell with German club MSV Duisberg.
The Brazilian will make his debut in the upcoming Emir Cup. The competition represents the last chance for Al Rayyan to taste domestic silverware this season, with Al Gharafa and Al Sadd claiming the league and Crown-Prince Cup, respectively.
“I am very happy to announce that I will don the colours of Al Rayyan in the Emir Cup,” Roque Júnior stated on Saturday.
“Manager Paulo Autuori was the reason I came here and I pledge full commitment to him and the club to provide all my best in the competition," added the 31-year old.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roque_J%C3%BAnior
http://www.leedsfans.org.uk/leeds/players/32632.html

kjelvi

« Svar #229 på: April 20, 2008, 12:14:03 »
Benfica are poised to launch a bid to make Celtic manager Gordon Strachan their new coach. (Daily Mirror)

Strachan grateful for Celtic board support
Gordon Strachan has praised the Celtic board for their support during a difficult period for the Celtic manager.
His Celtic team only won one out of seven prompting widespread speculation that he would be out of a job by the end of the season.
However, three consecutive wins have blown the title race open and Strachan has been quick to acknowledge the faith placed in him by the board.
"I can only let people talk. I'm the lucky one, I am the man who has got this job, and the directors and chairman have been absolutely first class."

kjelvi

« Svar #230 på: April 22, 2008, 09:45:14 »
HUCKERBY'S FUTURE REMAINS UNCLEAR
Darren Huckerby admits he is still in the dark as to what the future holds for him.
The Norwich forward is out of contract at the end of the season and after the 2-0 win over Burnley revealed he had no concrete plans.
He said: "No-one has said anything to me about a new contract but I'm not going to put any pressure on the club by saying too much about that. If they offer me a contract they do and if they don't, they don't. I'll just wait and see what happens.
Huckerby expects to leave Norwich 

Huckerby has scored 47 goals for Norwich since signing in 2003  

Winger Darren Huckerby has admitted he expects to leave Norwich City at the end of the season.
Huckerby's Carrow Road contract expires in the summer and so far no new deal has been agreed.
"It looks like I will be leaving, but no hard feelings that's life," Huckerby told BBC Radio Norfolk.
The 31-year-old has twice been named the club's player of the year after joining from Manchester City in 2003 following a successful loan spell.
Huckerby looks set to make his final Carrow Road appearance against QPR on Saturday, with the trip to Sheffield Wednesday eight days later on the last day of the season likely to mark the end of his Norwich career.
The Canaries are still in relegation danger, sitting three points clear of the bottom three going into the final two games of the season.
And Huckerby is determined not to leave on a sour note.
"I don't want my last couple of games to be when the club gets relegated, I think it would be unfair on me and unfair on the rest of the lads," he said.
Huckerby arrived at Carrow Road on loan from Manchester City in September 2003 on the same day Peter Crouch signed on loan from Aston Villa.

"At times over the past four years I've felt unstoppable" (Darren Huckerby)

The Canaries completed a permanent deal for him on Boxing Day that year and he was memorably presented to the crowd by joint majority shareholder Delia Smith hours after signing.
Huckerby believes he has played the best football of his career for the club.
"I've had great, great times here," he said. "At times over the past four years I've felt unstoppable.
"I only got that because the fans showed me so much respect, they expected something to happen every time I got the ball."
If the QPR match is to be Huckerby's final Carrow Road game in yellow and green it will add to an already emotional day.

BBC

kjelvi

« Svar #231 på: April 22, 2008, 09:50:42 »
St Johnstone will hold talks with Jody Morris to secure the former Chelsea midfielder on a long-term contract. (Daily Record)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jody_Morris

Hallgeir *

« Svar #232 på: April 22, 2008, 19:17:16 »
 Gary Speed var rundens spiller i CCC sist lørdag (ifølge TIPS). Den gamle mannen kan ennå... :)
Super Leeds since 1968

kjelvi

« Svar #233 på: April 23, 2008, 21:00:33 »
Fulham's Healy can't deliver Leeds windfall

Leeds United are set to miss out on a healthy windfall from the sale of striker David Healy to Fulham.
The Guardian says Healy's lack of goals, which has contributed to Fulham's slump and left them facing relegation which could result in a £25m loss of income, may prove costly for Leeds too.
The League One club stand to receive a performance-related sum from Fulham for the £1.5m striker if he scores five goals this season. With only three games in which to retrieve their five-point deficit from safety, Healy has four goals to his name.

kjelvi

« Svar #234 på: April 25, 2008, 09:46:06 »
Manchester City hope to sign Liverpool's Peter Crouch, Tottenham's Aaron Lennon and CSKA Moscow duo Jo and Daniel Carvalho this summer. (Various)

Crystal Palace are keen on Norwich striker Darren Huckerby. (Daily Mirror)

Mark Schwarzer looks likely to join Bayern Munich and Boro are considering a £4m move for Tottenham keeper Paul Robinson to replace him. (Various)

Wigan's clear-out is under way early with Julius Agahowa and Salomon Olembe off to join Turkish outfit Kayserispor. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #235 på: April 25, 2008, 17:55:08 »

Mark Schwarzer looks likely to join Bayern Munich and Boro are considering a £4m move for Tottenham keeper Paul Robinson to replace him. (Various)

Crystal Palace are weighing up a summer swoop for unsettled Norwich star Darren Huckerby. (Daily Mail)

Middlesbrough will look to end Paul Robinson's Tottenham misery and make a £4million move for the goalkeeper in the summer. (Daily Mail)

Roy

« Svar #236 på: April 25, 2008, 19:12:43 »

Crystal Palace are weighing up a summer swoop for unsettled Norwich star Darren Huckerby. (Daily Mail)

Middlesbrough will look to end Paul Robinson's Tottenham misery and make a £4million move for the goalkeeper in the summer. (Daily Mail)

To spillere som kunne vært greit å få tilbake 8)
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

berlin

« Svar #237 på: April 25, 2008, 20:07:55 »

To spillere som kunne vært greit å få tilbake 8)

Mja, hverken klubben, supporterne eller Huckerby selv har vel ikke så veldig gode minner om hans opphold i Leeds, som ble en dundrende fiasko. Ikke dermed sagt at det blir det blir det på nytt, men Huckerby synger vel også på siste verset, og det er vel ikke slike spillere vi vil satse på. Blir det fortsatt League 1 spill, er derimot positiv.

Robinson er jeg heller ikke spesielt fan av, men bevares han er klart bedre enn Ankergren, men så koster han. Har bare mer sansen for litt mer "spretne" keeper, Robinson er litt treig synes jeg. Tror heller Carson seiler opp som en mulig landslagskeeper, og det smerter at det er Liverpool som vireklig kommer til å cashe inn på han, om han ender i Villa eller andre steder. Prislappen skal vist være om lag £10, som er mye for en keeper.

kjelvi

« Svar #238 på: April 26, 2008, 09:49:07 »
Kevin Keegan insists his relationship with director of football Dennis Wise will be a success and says they will land four top players this summer. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #239 på: April 26, 2008, 09:59:29 »
Whatever Happened To Peter Reid’s Leeds Loanees?  

"Seven players were brought in on loan over the summer by Reid, all of whom had left by the season’s end. So what has happened to the less than magnificent seven since they left Elland Road?"

Having avoided relegation from the Premiership in 2002-03, Leeds United rewarded Peter Reid with the manager’s job on a full-time basis. It also looked a risky decision, particularly given the fact that the excesses of the Peter Ridsdale/ David O’Leary era meant that Reid was unable to deal in anything other than free transfers and loan deals during the close season.

Seven players were brought in on loan over the summer by Reid, all of whom had left by the season’s end. So what has happened to the less than magnificent seven since they left Elland Road?

Jermaine Pennant - Pennant played the vast majority of games during the season, then returned to parent club Arsenal ahead of the 2004-05 campaign. He spent the second-half of that season on loan to Birmingham City, a move that was to become permanent the following summer. After just a season at St Andrews, Pennant was on the move again, this time with a move to Liverpool. Pennant actually played the full 90-minutes in Liverpool’s 2:1 Champions League defeat to AC Milan last term, but his first-team appearances have been fairly limited this season and it seems likely that another move could be on the cards over the summer.

Cyril Chapuis – Monsieur Chapuis will probably be remembered less than any of the other loanees, having made just one Premiership appearance (that as a substitute against Bolton Wanderers) and a couple in the Carling Cup during his short stay on loan from Marseille. Chapuis was on the move again in January 2004 to Strasbourg, then spent the following season at AC Ajaccio – again on loan. Having been released by Marseille at the end of the 2004-05 season, the striker was unable to secure a deal for the following season, but eventually turned up at Ligue 2 Grenoble last term. Chapuis joined top-flight side Metz in January this year, but has been no more than a bit-part player as the club failed to ward off relegation.

Roque Junior – A World Cup winner in 2002, Roque Junior arrived at Elland Road from AC Milan and endured little short of a nightmare in his brief stay with the club (from which he has never really recovered). The Brazilian defender’s stint at Leeds began with a 4:0 drubbing at Leicester City and he was sent-off in his home debut against Birmingham City in a 2:0 defeat. His remaining appearances in a Leeds shirt were a 2:2 Carling Cup draw at home to Swindon Town, a 4:0 Premiership defeat at Everton, a 3:2 defeat at home to Manchester United in the Carling Cup (in which he did at least score both Leeds goals), a 4:1 loss at home to Arsenal and, finally, a 6:1 drubbing at Portsmouth. Roque Junior spent the second half of the season back in Italy, on loan to Siena. At the season’s end he moved to Bayer Leverkusen, but made just 33 Bundesliga appearances in three seasons. He moved to Duisburg at the start of this season but, having started just four games to date, the 31-year-old has now agreed to join Qatar’s Al-Rayyan for a final pay-day.

Salomon Olembe – The Cameroon international was another who joined on a loan deal from Marseille. Olembe stayed at Elland Road for the entire season, although his appearances were few and far between after the first few months. He returned to Marseille at the season’s end, where he stayed (aside from a brief loan spell at Qatar’s Al-Rayyan in 2005-06, where he no doubt put in a good word for Mr. Junior) until joining Wigan Athletic on a one-year contract at the start of this season (having failed to win a deal at Derby County). A move to Turkey’s Kayserispor has now been set for the summer.

Lamine Sakho – Yet another who joined Leeds from Marseille (questions should be asked as to where Reid spent his holiday that summer). Sakho featured fairly regularly (albeit largely as a substitute) until the African Cup of Nations, after which he made just one further appearance. Returned to Marseille at the end of the season, before joining St Etienne the following January, then onto Ligue 2 Montpellier in January 2007. Since leaving Elland Road, Sakho has started less than 30 games.

Didier Domi – The former Newcastle United defender came in from Paris St Germain, but was another to appear only occasionally (nine Premiership starts + three as substitute). Moved to Espanyol at the end of the campaign but, after two seasons in which he failed to make any real impact, he joined Olympiakos in summer 2006. A thigh injury has ruled Domi out for the recently crowned Greek champions since early October.

Zoumana Camara – Brought in from Lens, defender Camara was another who featured in the early months of the season, but was then cast aside. Joined St Etienne at the season’s end, where he was a regular for three seasons. Camara secured a move to Paris St Germain at the start of this season but, despite continuing to hold down a first-team place (something that few of the above have been able to achieve since leaving Leeds), he again finds himself at a big club that is currently fighting a losing battle against relegation.

squarefootball.net