Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11  (Lest 405892 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

HåvardK

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
« Svar #480 på: September 24, 2011, 18:52:04 »
Ikke akkurat nyheter, men jeg fant en side med noen gullkorn fra Gordon Strachan:

Sitat
A man well renowned for not mincing his words, Gordon Strachan has a made a fool of many a football reporter. Ask a silly question and get a silly answer is the age old adage but some of these questions aren’t even that stupid. Gordon’s ability to make them look stupid, however, is second to none!

Reporter: “Gordon, Do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?”
 Strachan: “I don't care, I'm Scottish.”

Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
 Strachan: "Velocity" [walks off]

Reporter: “Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?”
 Strachan: “No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home,
 become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can
 take it, yeah.”

Reporter: “There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?”
 Strachan: “Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm
 going to whack you over the head with a big stick, down negative man,
 down.”

Reporter: “Where will Marion Pahars fit into the team line-up?”
 Strachan: “Not telling you! It's a secret.”

Reporter: "What is your impression of Jermaine Pennant?"
 Strachan: "I don't do impressions"

Reporter: “So, Gordon, any plans for Europe this year?”
 Strachan: “Aye, me and the wife quite fancy Spain in August.”

Gary Lineker: “So Gordon, if you were English, what formation would you
 play?”
Gordon Strachan: “If I was English I'd top myself!”

Reporter: “So Gordon, any changes then?”
 Strachan: “Naw, still 5ft 6, ginger hair, and a big nose!”

;D ;D ;D

Sydhagen

« Svar #481 på: September 25, 2011, 19:29:33 »
Bannan puttet for Villa idag....
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #482 på: September 25, 2011, 23:52:59 »
...Og Delph spilte full kamp.

Tobb

« Svar #483 på: September 26, 2011, 11:20:56 »

Bannan ryktes i Nettavisen til Manchester Scum.. Ikke god nok for oss i fjor, men nå fast på Villa..hmm.. ???

lojosang

« Svar #484 på: September 26, 2011, 11:44:57 »

Bannan ryktes i Nettavisen til Manchester Scum.. Ikke god nok for oss i fjor, men nå fast på Villa..hmm.. ???

Forskjellen er vel at han har en sesongoppkjøring bak seg denne sesongen, ikke et langt skademareritt.
- Leif Olav

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #485 på: September 27, 2011, 12:56:43 »
http://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/7195174/Poyet-Leeds-experience-vital

Gus snakker pent om tiden i Leeds og klubben. En bra mann, ingen tvil om det!! Sier blant annet at han følte fansen respekterte ham, til tross for at han var ex Chelsea og det er ikke enkelt.... :)
Yeboahs vitne

Hallgeir *

« Svar #486 på: September 29, 2011, 09:04:06 »
 Kewell vender hjem...    (Sakset fra nzherald)

Former Leeds and Liverpool winger Harry Kewell will play topflight football in Australia for the first time, agreeing to a deal with the A-League's Melbourne Victory.

The signing, terms of which were not immediately released, was made official Saturday on the team's website ahead of an expected media conference.

It ends two months of prolonged negotiations with the Victory and A-League side Sydney after Kewell's contract expired with Turkish club Galatasaray.

Kewell, 32, had never before played in Australia's national league, leaving his hometown of Sydney in 1995 as a teenager to play in England with Leeds then Liverpool. He has played 54 games for Australia since 1996, scoring 16 goals.

Local media had reported that Kewell's contract would be for three years. His management team had sought a bonus clause in his contract to reflect attendance increases when and where Kewell played, but it was not immediately known if that clause was included.

"I am proud to be Australian and want to give something back to the game there," Kewell said in a statement. "It has always been my ambition to play in my home country and I am very pleased to have that opportunity by playing for Melbourne Victory."

Melbourne Victory chairman Anthony Di Pietros said Kewell will bring the "the highest level of talent to the club for our supporters."

"Harry is an Australian sporting icon and ... will attract more fans to football and boost greater interest and participation in the sport in Australia," he said. "Our discussions with Harry have been progressing for some time and we are delighted to have completed what is the most significant signing in Australian football and A-League history."

The presence of Kewell widely regarded as the most talented Australian player of his generation would be a welcome boost for the local league, which had been struggling to balance expansion plans against falling attendances.

He becomes the A-League's biggest star, following former Aston Villa and Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke who led Sydney to the first A-League title and former Liverpool great Robbie Fowler, who played with North Queensland and Perth.

The 32-year-old Kewell played for the Leeds United junior side for one year before joining the senior English team. He scored 45 goals in 181 senior appearances for Leeds before moving to Liverpool in 2003.

At Anfield, Kewell played 93 matches, including a winning Champions League final for the Reds, over six years and scored 12 goals. He moved to Galatasaray in 2008 and scored 23 goals in 61 matches.
Super Leeds since 1968

J.N

• På juniorlaget
  • "I'm pretty confident we'll go up this year" - Edd
    • Vis profil
« Svar #487 på: September 29, 2011, 21:05:25 »
Danny Rose fra start for Tottenham mot Shamrock Rovers..

Sleivind

Hallgeir *

« Svar #489 på: Oktober 02, 2011, 20:05:21 »
 Ja, hvem hadde trodd det?  :o
Super Leeds since 1968

Leedsfan

« Svar #490 på: Oktober 06, 2011, 14:17:35 »
Sitat
Dominic Matteo tells TEAMtalk's Mark Holmes about 'that' night in Milan, how booze wrecked his career and why he was done as a player at Stoke.

MH: Hi Dom, we're here at Elland Road today promoting Leeds Zone - tell us about that.

DM: I'm working at Sporting Bet and they're trying to give fans an insight into the real Leeds United so they get to come into the dressing room and stuff - opportunities you don't normally get as a fan. It's great for me to come down and meet the proper fans, show them around, and share my experiences and a few stories. You get a bit of adulation here, which is great.

MH: Yeah, I notice you were referred to as a Leeds United legend on the official site. Any chance of a statue next to Billy Bremner?

DM: Haha no, nothing like that, but I had a really good rapport with the fans when I was here and I think I still do. I come to a lot of the games and work in and around the club, and Sportingbet have given me the opportunity to work with Leeds United again, which is great.

MH: It's not just the club that you've taken to your heart - you've got a bar (Rock Bar on Call Lane) in the city centre now as well?

DM: I have indeed. It's not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life but it's a good stop gap. I was in the bar on Saturday night actually pulling pints so I'm pretty hands on.

I'd love to get back into football, though. I'm not sure what my way back in would be, but obviously working with Sportingbet has given me an opportunity to get back into working with a club.

MH: It was a bit of a sad end for you at Stoke?

DM: Yeah. I'd been struggling with my back for a long time and having injections in my back, in my knee, in my feet, to play games and it wasn't how I saw my career finishing. I was having two injections in my foot before a game, it was getting to a joke, and even the other lads were saying 'Dom, you're putting your body through too much here'. In the end something had to give and it was my back that went.

MH: Looking back, do you think you were finished as a player when you joined Stoke?

DM: Yeah. Tony (Pulis) got me there for a bit of experience and basically said 'get the dressing room right, get a good team spirit going, we've got some good players and if we can get the dressing room right - and we'll make you captain - we'll see where we go from there.'

The way my career ended was a bit sad, though, because Tony had me coaching for the last bit of it. My injuries were bad and Tony was trying to get me down that road although he was probably trying to get someone off the wage bill too because I was earning good money and he maybe wanted to bring in a player that was younger and a lot F***er. So I had to accept that.

I just couldn't train. I was going swimming every day. I'm a footballer and just wanted to play football. But my body just wouldn't let me. Maybe that was my lifestyle over the years; I've always liked a few bevvies and I've been honest about that.

MH: Why did you stop coaching at Stoke then?

DM: It was just my body. The coaching I do is hands on and showing people what I expect and what I want to do but it got to the stage where I couldn't run or even move because my back was that bad. I couldn't even put my shoes on, I was having to have help with the basics. I couldn't pick my kids up and I was like that for about a year and a half.

I'm getting back into some kind of physical condition now, though, I'm back in the gym and I want to get back into coaching. I think I've got something to offer.

MH: Do you think all the drinking affected your career in the end then? DM: Definitely but at the time you don't think about what will happen to you.

At the end of my career I didn't like what I was doing to myself and it was probably affecting the way I played because I wasn't fit. It's hard enough to play a game being fit but I think I played half of my career injured. I can't remember one game when I went out there and thought 'I feel good today'. I know there must be players that feel like that but I never felt good before a game.

MH: And how many times did you turn up for training a bit worse for wear?

DM: I'd turn up now and again after a few beers, if not more, but it was normal back in those days because there was a drink culture in the game. If you didn't go the pub with the players you weren't part of the dressing room and that's just how it was.

MH: It must have been like a dream world for you back then at Liverpool?

DM: It was. You're more in the limelight now but back then we could go into any pub in Liverpool and have a pint like a normal person. You lived your life a lot more normally and I liked it better back then because I could go about my work and do what I want. Players now don't have as much privacy as we had.

MH: Leaving must have really hurt?

DM: It was a weird one. I signed a new five-year contract on the Monday and I left on the Thursday for Leeds.

I'd been negotiating my contract for quite a while because the season before was probably my best season.

I honestly thought I'd play the rest of my career at Liverpool but they bought in Christian Ziege which I didn't think was the right decision. He was obviously a bit more high-profile and that's why it happened but I think it might have been a mistake. They paid a lot of money for Ziege and I don't think he had the best Liverpool career, let's put it that way. He was a very good player that played a lot of games for his country but I think they should have kept me.

MH: And how did you feel about the move to Leeds?

DM: Being at Liverpool is like being at Manchester United - where do you go next? But I actually found a place that was what I wanted, we had a great dressing room and a good team - and Leeds had finished above Liverpool in the previous season and made the Champions League so it was a chance for me to play in that too.

MH: Talking of the Champions League, who can forget 'that' goal at AC Milan?

DM: It was a great night all round, even going back to the hotel afterwards. We stayed at Lake Como and it was absolutely amazing. All the boys, a few glasses of wine, fans all over the place, it was just one of those special nights.

We used to get private jets everywhere with Leeds back then. It's only two hours to Italy or Spain so you can just get on a normal plane but I think at the time because the club was flying we wanted to let the lads have that bit of extra luxury. Although it was all the directors up the front drinking the champagne while we were at the back cramped in.

MH: No doubt all of this will be in your autobiography. There must be a few tales?

DM: Yeah there is. It's been difficult, very emotional, because I've been very tough on myself all the way through. I can't read it without crying because it's your life on a piece of paper. It was emotional because it's made me realise I made a lot of mistakes.

It took me nine months and now the real hard work starts for me to promote it around the country. I'm going to get to as many Leeds United supporters' clubs around the country, even a few abroad, to do some signings and just meet the fans.

MH: Cheers Dom, good luck with it. Now to finish, a quick 10 questions on some of your old team-mates and opponents. First up, who were the best and worst trainers you worked with?

DM: The best trainer certainly wasn't me! When I first come here to Leeds I was surprised by how good Lee Bowyer was and how hard he worked. Paul Ince was the worst.

MH: And the biggest moaner?

DM: Me probably. Rio (Ferdinand) was a moaner, but in a good way. I don't mind it. Some people moan for moanings sake but he moaned for a reason.

MH: Hardest team-mate?

DM: That's a difficult one to choose between Razor (Neil Ruddock) and Batts (David Batty) You definitely wouldn't want to fight Razor!

MH: And the biggest girl's blouse?

DM: Robbie Savage probably. He will tell you he was a hard man. He was a good player but I don't think he was particularly hard. Just because you get booked doesn't mean you're a hard player. The good hard players don't normally get booked because it's usually a fair challenge.

MH: Least skilful team-mate?

DM: This is a tough one as well - Torben Piechnik at Liverpool probably.

MH: What was the best prank you ever played or had played on you?

DM: There were a lot and I probably couldn't go into detail on most of them but one day I had my car filled up with grass cuttings from top to bottom. It was an Aston Martin and I'd just got it. Gutting!

We also bought rabbits in one day here at Leeds and let them loose. Batts took them home for his kids after.

MH: Who were the best fans you played in front of?

DM: The fans at Stoke are fantastic, it is probably the noisest ground in the country. It seems like everyone is a bit bonkers. Everyone sings. It's not like at Liverpool where it's just the Kop - all four stands get involved. Obviously Liverpool for me was special and the old Kop especially was always very noisy.

MH: Who was your favourite team-mate?

DM: Razor was my best mate but I'd say Rio as well because we really knew each other's game inside out.

MH: And which opponent did you most hate?

DM: It's got to be Gary Neville with my Liverpool connections and what he's said about them. I've heard a lot of stories about things he's said to people on the pitch too but I don't really know him personally.

Dominic Matteo was speaking at the launch of the Sportingbet Leeds Zone. www.leedszone.com gives fans the opportunity to get closer to the club they love through exclusive prizes from the clubs Official Betting Partner, Sportingbet.
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #491 på: Oktober 08, 2011, 16:18:41 »
 Gordon McQueen har fått strupekreft.  :( Artikkel i YEP...

Messages of support were flooding in today for ex-Leeds United star Gordon McQueen after he revealed he is battling throat cancer.

McQueen, part of the all-conquering Leeds side of the 1970s, has announced that he had been diagnosed with cancer of the larynx.

The 59-year-old will undergo treatment at Middlesbrough’s James Cook University Hospital, which is close to his home in North Yorkshire.

United today said they were rooting for their former central defender in his hour of need.

A spokeswoman told the Yorkshire Evening Post: “The club is saddened to hear the news of Gordon’s illness and would like to wish him a speedy recovery.”

McQueen’s old Leeds team-mate Johnny Giles, meanwhile, said: “I hope he gets well soon, we had some fantastic times together.

“I saw him on the TV a while back and thought he was looking well. He’s a good lad and was a top player. I will say a little prayer for him.”

Leeds United Supporters’ Club chairman Ray Fell said: “This is very sad news and of course everyone is thinking of him.

“Gordon was a great centre-half and a great servant to Leeds.”

McQueen signed for United in 1972 from St Mirren in his native Scotland and was given the unenviable task of succeeding World Cup winner Jack Charlton at the heart of the Whites defence.

He rose to the challenge and played a key role in United’s victorious First Division campaign of 1973-74 as well as their run to the European Cup final the following season.

McQueen also broke into the Scotland side, earning a total of 30 caps for his country.

His time at Leeds came to a controversial end in 1978 when he moved to arch-rivals Manchester United for a then British record fee of £495,000.

After hanging up his boots he had a spell as manager with Scottish side Airdrie before joining the coaching staff at Middlesbrough.

He now works as a football pundit for Sky TV and was a member of the channel’s team at last month’s Carling Cup tie at Elland Road between Leeds and Manchester United.

McQueen is also due to attend a dinner at Elland Road on October 20 that will raise funds for a statue tribute to Don Revie, his late Leeds manager.
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #492 på: Oktober 08, 2011, 17:30:13 »
Vi registrerer vel også at vår gamle Argentina-import Alex Sabella har fått en fin start som Argentina-sjef. :)
...nesten så jeg håper han fortsatt har jobben ved neste VM - kan bli litt oppmerksomhet rundt det :)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Bredinho

• På juniorlaget
  • Brainwashed for 20 years and counting..
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #493 på: Oktober 17, 2011, 16:49:17 »
Leser på Nettavisen av Bradley Johnson er den spilleren som har løpt mest i PL hittil i sesongen, og at han er i landslagsdiskusjoner!
The Future Is Bright,
The Future Is White!

Peter7

« Svar #494 på: Oktober 17, 2011, 18:48:59 »
Leser på Nettavisen av Bradley Johnson er den spilleren som har løpt mest i PL hittil i sesongen, og at han er i landslagsdiskusjoner!

Det er ganske så utrolig  :o
På nivå med at Crainey skulle bli tatt ut på det skotske landslaget ...
Vi skulle aldri ha solgt Terry Cooper til Middlesboro'

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #495 på: Oktober 17, 2011, 19:15:02 »
12.8 km i snitt per kamp... Meget bra. Men la jo merke til det når han var i Leeds, sprang mye og ville mye. Dog synes jeg det virket ut som han var mye på etterskudd, og litt i tregeste laget når han var hos oss. Dog likte jeg bedre han enn Kilkenny. Mye bedre.

Bredinho

• På juniorlaget
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #496 på: Oktober 18, 2011, 08:02:03 »
12.8 km i snitt per kamp... Meget bra. Men la jo merke til det når han var i Leeds, sprang mye og ville mye. Dog synes jeg det virket ut som han var mye på etterskudd, og litt i tregeste laget når han var hos oss. Dog likte jeg bedre han enn Kilkenny. Mye bedre.
Enig i det du skriver, likte også Bradley bedre enn Killa. Sett bort fra MadMax er bradley den eneste jeg savner fra i fjor!
The Future Is Bright,
The Future Is White!

lojosang

Sv: Re: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
« Svar #497 på: Oktober 18, 2011, 08:30:22 »
Så han har løpt ca 800 meter lenger i snitt denne sesongen enn Grindheim, av ekspertene her inne betegnet som en utrent burgermumsende tjukkas, løp forrige landskamp. Velvel. Det er jo bra. Noen som har statistikk over hvor mange skudd han har brent 60 meter over fra 40 meters hold så langt?

-LeifO

Moderatortroll.
- Leif Olav

Gufrias

« Svar #498 på: Oktober 18, 2011, 08:55:35 »
Enig i det du skriver, likte også Bradley bedre enn Killa. Sett bort fra MadMax er bradley den eneste jeg savner fra i fjor!
Hvem ville du ha benket for å få plass til Bradley? Jeg foretrekker ærlig talt hver og en av de som slo Portsmouth og Doncaster.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #499 på: Oktober 18, 2011, 09:17:04 »
Hvem ville du ha benket for å få plass til Bradley? Jeg foretrekker ærlig talt hver og en av de som slo Portsmouth og Doncaster.
Og dette er jeg da vitterlig også enig i, og det er det som gjør meg så forundret. Jeg vil tro at Clayton holder høyere standard enn BJ. Clayton er KLASSE! Bradley Johnson var ok, men ville nok også foretrukket både Howson og Clayton foran BJ. Dog har Howson vært under pari tidligere i år, men godformen ser ut til å være på vei for skipperen vår!

4ever arcticwhite

« Svar #500 på: Oktober 18, 2011, 09:31:34 »
Når du skjønner litt lite av det som foregår på banen, og ikke helt klarer å lese hvor ballen kommer til å havne i neste trekk, så blir det mye løping. ;)
Når du i tillegg ikke løper så fort at du kommer fram dit ballen er før den er spilt videre, så blir det enda mer løping. ;D
The future's so White I've got to wear shades 8)

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #501 på: Oktober 18, 2011, 10:07:32 »
Fotballhistoriens 100 beste spillere
http://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/england/premierleague/ferguson-slakter-forslag-om-aa-droppe-nedrykk-3613410.html

67. John Charles
Aktiv karriere: 1948-74
Landslag: Wales, 38 landskamper, 15 mål
Klubber: Leeds United, Juventus, Leeds United, Roma, Cardiff City, Hereford United, Merthyr Tydfil
Posisjon: Angrep
Troféer: 3 ligagull Italia, 2 cupgull Italia

Forøvrig er jeg litt uenig med noen av rangeringene...

Bredinho

• På juniorlaget
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #502 på: Oktober 18, 2011, 14:46:02 »

Ville ikke benka noen, men ville heller hatt bjohnson enn mbrown i stallen..
The Future Is Bright,
The Future Is White!

Jon R

« Svar #503 på: Oktober 18, 2011, 18:14:59 »
Så han har løpt ca 800 meter lenger i snitt denne sesongen enn Grindheim, av ekspertene her inne betegnet som en utrent burgermumsende tjukkas, løp forrige landskamp. Velvel. Det er jo bra. Noen som har statistikk over hvor mange skudd han har brent 60 meter over fra 40 meters hold så langt?

-LeifO

Moderatortroll.

Hvorfor ikke bare gi BJ kred for at han gjør det bra i Norwich, lojosang? Ken Bates må sikkert gremme seg, men synes ikke vi supportere har noen grunn til latterligjøre B.J,  :)
Jon R.

lojosang

« Svar #504 på: Oktober 19, 2011, 00:04:15 »
Fordi det ikke er GØY? :D

-LeifO

Moderatortroll.
- Leif Olav

Jon R

« Svar #505 på: Oktober 19, 2011, 00:19:11 »

Hmm. Godt poeng!  ;D
Jon R.

lojosang

« Svar #506 på: Oktober 19, 2011, 02:37:31 »

Hmm. Godt poeng!  ;D

Du latterliggjør jo mannen selv hver gang du omtaler ham som BJ.  ;D
- Leif Olav

fjellhaugen

« Svar #507 på: Oktober 19, 2011, 15:48:04 »

Ville ikke benka noen, men ville heller hatt bjohnson enn mbrown i stallen..

klassisk uttalelse av en leeds supporter over der. tviler vel på om matchformen og spiriten med ny klubb hadde gjort så mye på reservelaget til leeds?
januar 3. remember the date. we beat the team that we f@*kin hate. we knocked the scum out the FA cup. we`re super leeds and we`re goin up!!!!!

Andersen

« Svar #508 på: Oktober 21, 2011, 16:39:51 »
Enig tror BJ skulle fått slite for en fast plass på laget.

Jon R

« Svar #509 på: Oktober 21, 2011, 22:04:08 »
BJohnson hadde vært bankers på dagens Leedslag ettersom han var en av Graysons personlige favoritter. Kanskje hadde ikke Clayton fått sitt gjennombrudd med Johnson i stallen?

Etter mitt syn kunne vi brukt han i "Gary Speed rollen" på venstre kant istedet for Pugh.
Jon R.