Skrevet av Emne: EX-SPILLER: Max Gradel  (Lest 179611 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Leedsfan

Sv: SPILLER: Max Gradel
« Svar #690 på: September 01, 2011, 12:25:39 »
DOM i YEP

Sitat
LOOKING at everything, I see Max Gradel’s departure as another blow for the Leeds United fans after what he did for the club last year.

They all loved him and knew what sort of season he had last year. He had his ups and downs with the fans early on, but they all saw with last year’s performances just how hard he was working at his game and he was becoming more of a hero.

I’m just gutted for the fans, that’s my main feelings on it. He wasn’t just a good player, but one who scored a lot of goals and was also a creator. We haven’t had a great summer in terms of bringing people in and we seem to have lost out on some good players. But there’s nothing you can do now and you’ve got to get on with it. But Max will be very difficult to replace, I’ve got to say that.

His contract was up next summer and the only way you can tie good players up is to give them that little bit extra (money). But Leeds have obviously got a (certain) wage structure and I think that’s why they have lost a couple of players. That’s how it looks to me, looking in. They are not prepared to pay that bit extra to get the top players.

No doubt Max’s agent will have also been saying to him that while he is young at the moment, that his football career doesn’t last forever and that there might be offers out there which are a lot more than he’s getting at Leeds. For him and his family, this move to St Etienne might have also been an opportunity that he couldn’t pass by.

I recently spoke on the radio and said I was surprised that Gradel and Snodgrass hadn’t had more interest because they had really good seasons last year, especially Max, who was fantastic.

But it’s always disappointing when you lose your better players. Who are going to replace him with who can have such an impact on the team? It puts more pressure on the manager to buy again – with no time to do it..Simon might now have to go down the loan route.

That said, everyone knows all the problems we’ve had regarding finances in the past and stuff. Ken is also obviously a shrewd businessman, who will have known if he stayed another year when he would be out of contract, he would go on a free and that it would be best to get some money back.

In terms of transfer deadline day, it was certainly frenetic. Let’s face it, we all had the Sky Sports News on, watching the signings and the countdown! Lots of deals got done in the last 24 hours and I’d imagine that for managers, it was a nightmare. It’s my view that the transfer window should be open all the time, but having got used to it in the last few years, I quite like it in a way in terms of excitement.

Looking at our season so far, performance-wise over the past few weeks, I think our showings have been good. Obviously the results haven’t quite gone our way and sometimes you need a bit of the rub of the green, which we haven’t got.

In the Ipswich game, we were in control until we lost a man and in the Middlesbrough match, we were in control and would have probably won if we’d kept the players on the pitch.

But over a season – everyone says it – it evens out and as many things go for you as against you and hopefully, that’s the case.

I always think that with the game before an international break, it’s imperative to get a good result, otherwise you are thinking about the defeat for the best part of two weeks.

Although it will also give the chance to the players who are about to work on a few things with the coaching staff and get a few more things organised. The boys will also be given a few days off and the break will also give Simon a bit of thinking time as well maybe. We’ve got to move forward now as Simon will know more than anyone that football is all about winning games. I’m sure Simon and the lads will be feeling things are just going against them at the moment. But performance-wise, we’re doing okay.

We know how tough this division is; we just don’t want to fall too far behind, especially with their being such strong teams in the division. Looking at the table, the teams who have come up such as Brighton and Southampton are clearly still on a high, just as Leeds were last season and Norwich.
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Glenn K

« Svar #691 på: September 01, 2011, 13:40:38 »

Torpe-do

« Svar #692 på: September 01, 2011, 15:31:17 »
Noen som har hørt noen rykter på overgangssummen ?

Vi avslo vel et 2,5 mill fra West Ham tidligere med en uttalelse om at han "kun ble solgt for en latterlig høy pris." Men ikke ble han solgt til en direkte konkurrent, noe som gjerne kan forsvare en mindre pris, og ikke får vi vite hva han ble solgt for. Det tolker jeg som i at det gjerne ikke var en fullt så "latterlig" pris allikevel.

Men noen som har hørt noe?

4ever arcticwhite

« Svar #693 på: September 01, 2011, 15:43:30 »
Noen som har hørt noen rykter på overgangssummen ?

Vi avslo vel et 2,5 mill fra West Ham tidligere med en uttalelse om at han "kun ble solgt for en latterlig høy pris." Men ikke ble han solgt til en direkte konkurrent, noe som gjerne kan forsvare en mindre pris, og ikke får vi vite hva han ble solgt for. Det tolker jeg som i at det gjerne ikke var en fullt så "latterlig" pris allikevel.

Men noen som har hørt noe?
har sett £2 mill et sted, men det var vel egentlig bare spekulasjoner....
Men det er vel kanskje en grei sum for en spiller som kom for £200.000, har en god sesong, og ikke ville skrevet ny kontrakt med oss på betingelser klubben kan håndtere.
The future's so White I've got to wear shades 8)

Ferre

« Svar #694 på: September 01, 2011, 18:58:50 »
Vi fikk tydeligvis £2.25m for Gradel, i følge Bates. Det er langt unna de £10m vi skulle ha for han.

Latterlig...

Leedsfan

« Svar #695 på: September 01, 2011, 19:06:49 »
Vi fikk tydeligvis £2.25m for Gradel, i følge Bates. Det er langt unna de £10m vi skulle ha for han.

Latterlig...

Ikke ta "£10 mill utsagnet" så bokstavlig, Gradel hadde vært verdt det dobbelte (av 2.25) hadde han hatt 3 år igjen av kontrakten.

Gradel presset dette igjennom og pengene er gjort tilgjengelig for nye kjøp i følge Grayson!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Ferre

« Svar #696 på: September 01, 2011, 19:12:15 »

Latterlig...

Ikke ta "£10 mill utsagnet" så bokstavlig, Gradel hadde vært verdt det dobbelte (av 2.25) hadde han hatt 3 år igjen av kontrakten.

Gradel presset dette igjennom og pengene er gjort tilgjengelig for nye kjøp i følge Grayson!
Tok ikke utsagnet bokstavelig, men synes det er en alt for lav sum spesielt når vi sitter igjen med kun £1.75m etter Leicester har fått sitt.

marve

« Svar #697 på: September 01, 2011, 19:12:32 »

Latterlig...

der ser du hvor jæ... dumt det var å ikke skrive ny kontrakt med gradel .Vi hadde tjent møe på det .
At penger er gjort tilgjengelig for grayson har vi jo hørt før eller???

Kickthemdown

« Svar #698 på: September 01, 2011, 19:46:12 »

Latterlig...

Slettet  >:( Hvorfor ble det da ikke kjøpt i går???

Nordlending eller ikke, slikt språk kan du spare deg og medfans for. Huh? Var Grayson jeg siktet til og ikke Leedsfan... Var det så ille? Jeg ønsket han jo ikke akkurat dø...
« Siste redigering: September 01, 2011, 21:59:25 av Alta-White »

Leedsfan

« Svar #699 på: September 01, 2011, 20:17:56 »

Latterlig...

Slettet  >:( Hvorfor ble det da ikke kjøpt i går???

Nordlending eller ikke, slikt språk kan du spare deg og medfans for.

Se intervjuet med Grayson så får du se om du "kjøper" forklaringen.

lojosang

Sv: Ny spiller: Max Gradel
« Svar #700 på: September 01, 2011, 20:35:06 »
Da har jeg lest gjennom de første sidene i denne tråden for å se hva folk syns da han kom til klubben. Og det var jo overveldende positive vibber fra dag en, med unntak av enkelt få grinebitere som Pleinar og Runar.

Men DENNE tar kaka. SE hva surpompen av en grinebiter finner på å skrive.  ;D

Sitat
Nå skal vi ikke ta helt av her! Mannen har nå snudd en ubetydelig køppkamp og score et rimelig OK mål, men han er vel neppe Vishnus gave til fotballen?

- Leif Olav

Vanderlunde

• I stallen
  • Nederlandsk norsk keeper, med hjertet i Leeds.
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ny spiller: Max Gradel
« Svar #701 på: September 01, 2011, 20:51:58 »
Da har jeg lest gjennom de første sidene i denne tråden for å se hva folk syns da han kom til klubben. Og det var jo overveldende positive vibber fra dag en, med unntak av enkelt få grinebitere som Pleinar og Runar.

Men DENNE tar kaka. SE hva surpompen av en grinebiter finner på å skrive.  ;D

Sitat
Nå skal vi ikke ta helt av her! Mannen har nå snudd en ubetydelig køppkamp og score et rimelig OK mål, men han er vel neppe Vishnus gave til fotballen?

Vel, håper den "grinebiteren" har skiftet mening siden da :P

HåvardK

« Svar #702 på: September 01, 2011, 21:34:25 »

Og dette kan vi selvsagt stole 100% på. Fremtiden er lys!

auren

« Svar #703 på: September 01, 2011, 22:02:50 »
Sannheten rundt Gradel-salget. Her synes jeg klubben gjør det riktige faktisk. Gradel VIL til Frankrike, og da er det galt å holde han igjen.

"Ben Fry: We’re sat here the day after the transfer window has closed. We’ll start with Max Gradel. We talked last week when you said you were keen to keep the player, did his transfer request change the situation?

Ken Bates: Well I think, so there’s no possible misunderstanding from the fans let’s hear the full story. We never wanted Max to go and in fact towards the end of last season we started talking to him about an extended contract. His agent came to see me and he’s a nice guy is Max’s agent. He came to see Shaun and said look, this is the situation, Max has got a chance to play in European Champions League or Europa League football and obviously that’s too grand an attraction for him not to want to go and therefore it would be such an improvement for him because Max is French speaking and of course he comes from the Ivory Coast that we would not stand in his way. He loves Leeds but he wants to the change. And we thought that was pretty logical, we can stand in the way of a player improving himself and obviously we’re not in a position to offer him European football for a few seasons yet so we said yes, no problem. Then, from Max’s point of view, it started going wrong because all the clubs that were supposed to be coming in for him didn’t and then we got enquiries from him from English clubs. West Ham offered us a silly £1.5million for him but over three years. Well, you know, that would mean we wouldn’t have the player and we wouldn’t have the money so why should we sell him to West Ham, a competitor of ours anyway? So, we turned it down and then what’s their name… Sochaux came on to us and offered us, I think €800,000 or something so we told them to shove it. That was the end of that and they came back with an offer of €1.8million with €500,000 add-ons and we told them to shove that as well because at that stage we wanted to keep Max. But that brought a matter to a head when Max, first of all. put in his transfer request and then we told him what the possible options were and he said “I don’t want to stay in England, I want to go to France.” So Nice came in for him but didn’t offer… and finally St Etienne did and it’s so complicated because Max was playing for Ivory Coast in Rwanda which is somewhere in the centre of Africa. He was actually in Amsterdam on the closing day of the transfer deadline so he had to get to there and have a medical and sign before he went out. So we had to let him go. We didn’t want him to go. It’s not a particularly good deal for us because, well to be fair we bought him for £100,000 from Leicester but they have got a 17.5% sell-on so the fee we get, they’ll get 17.5% and there’s a 5% levy which goes to the league so by the time we’ve finished it won’t be that much but we’ve got a substantial sum of about £1.75million net over a year and that goes in Simon’s pot. So the full story is, we wanted Max to sign a new contract, he had decided via his agent that he wanted to go to Europe and even when he had the opportunity of playing in the Premiership he still wanted to go to Europe. I think he’s probably happier there in his French ambiance. So he’s gone. We wish him well. I hope he hasn’t made a mistake. We’ll follow his career in future with interest but meanwhile life goes on."

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Kickthemdown

« Svar #704 på: September 01, 2011, 22:38:31 »
Sannheten = Ken Bates  ??? wtf..

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #705 på: September 01, 2011, 22:42:23 »
http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=253675

1,75 mill pund fordelt på et år. Jaja sa vi latterlig høy pris

samadhi

« Svar #706 på: September 01, 2011, 22:45:24 »
£1,75 mill i "Simon`s pot".

Da skulle vel vår godeste manager ha godt over £2 mill å handle spillere for.
Blir spennende å se om han fremdeles har disse penger når vi kommer til januar  ;)
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #707 på: September 01, 2011, 22:48:28 »
£1,75 mill i "Simon`s pot".

Da skulle vel vår godeste manager ha godt over £2 mill å handle spillere for.
Blir spennende å se om han fremdeles har disse penger når vi kommer til januar  ;)

I januar blir det ikke brukt så mye som et pund på spillere

auren

« Svar #708 på: September 02, 2011, 12:06:24 »
Grayson forteller det samme om Gradels ønske om å dra tilbake til familien i Frankrike:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20110902/grayson-on-gradel-move_2247585_2439419

Noen som mener klubben burde nektet Gradel dette og holdt han ut kontraktstiden?

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Lundewhites

« Svar #709 på: September 02, 2011, 12:42:40 »

Latterlig...

Utsagnet var vel tre ganger prisen West Ham tilbydde?
Altså 4,5 mill £ Trur ikke han hadde blitt solgt til noen annen engelsk klubb, for noe mindre.
Men vil spilleren vekk, så har du ikke så mye å stille opp med som klubb. I alle fall ikke når det kun er 9 måneder igjen av kontrakten.
For the sake of Leeds United he would break himself in two

Leedsfan

« Svar #710 på: November 29, 2011, 16:33:57 »
Sky Sports

Sitat
Max Gradel has admitted there is a massive difference between playing in England's Championship and France's Ligue 1.

The former Leeds winger, who scored 18 goals in his last full season at Elland Road, says he needed time to adapt to the style of football after his switch to St Etienne on the final day of this summer's transfer window.

The 24-year-old was born in the Ivory Coast, but came to England from France as a teenager in search of his first professional contract - eventually signing for Leicester City after trials with Arsenal and West Ham.

After three years with the Foxes and loan spells at Bournemouth and Leeds, Gradel eventually moved to Elland Road - playing more than 70 games for the Whites, before St Etienne swooped for his signature.

"It is true there is a big difference between the Championship and Ligue 1," Gradel told French newspaper L'Equipe.

"In England it is much more open, teams dare a lot more. In France, the game is more secure and tactical.

"But I have watched it closely and I have the right qualities to make a name for myself in France."

Gradel netted his first goal for St Etienne in the 3-1 win over AC Ajaccio on Saturday.

nord

« Svar #711 på: November 29, 2011, 19:08:17 »
Ville det så ikke være en fordel at sælge Gradel til Westham ?

Andersen

« Svar #712 på: November 30, 2011, 15:17:43 »
Gutten har etter det jeg vet franske aner eller røtter i Frankrike . Heller fast plass på et fransk lag , enn innbytterbenken til The Hammers.

fjellhaugen

« Svar #713 på: Desember 02, 2011, 07:24:26 »
Ville det så ikke være en fordel at sælge Gradel til Westham ?

var nok familiære årsaker til at han havnet i frankrike
januar 3. remember the date. we beat the team that we f@*kin hate. we knocked the scum out the FA cup. we`re super leeds and we`re goin up!!!!!

Sander

« Svar #714 på: Desember 02, 2011, 12:33:23 »
Skal vi med Gradel når vi har White? McCormack gjorde også en god figur på venstre kant borte mot Qpr i siste kamp i fjor :)

Gufrias

« Svar #715 på: Desember 02, 2011, 15:02:06 »
Kanskje vi skal innse at Max er borte, låse denne tråden, og legge nyheter om ham i

NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php/topic,12605.510.html
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Jon R

Sv: EKS-SPILLER: Max Gradel
« Svar #716 på: Desember 02, 2011, 15:10:40 »
Vi har ikke for vane å låse trådene. Den vil nok dø ut av seg selv så raskt vi har fått fylt hullet etter han. Kanskje formasjonsendringen allerede har fylt det. Ja kven kveit.  :)
Jon R.

B_Ød

« Svar #717 på: Desember 02, 2011, 15:12:25 »
Kanskje vi skal innse at Max er borte, låse denne tråden, og legge nyheter om ham i

NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php/topic,12605.510.html
Jepp!
Ups & Ups!!

Blank_File

« Svar #718 på: August 16, 2012, 08:54:55 »

Joe Jordan

« Svar #719 på: August 16, 2012, 09:33:39 »
Du og du... Jeg savner gode gamle hissigproppen vår!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2189020/Fabio-Capello-draws-Russia-match.html

Den spilleren jeg savner aller mest. Ennå ikke erstattet....
'If they hadn't scored, we would've won.' - Howard Wilkinson